Lovely Divinity ( Private )

ZX-MetalMonster

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

A full day hadn't yet passed since the skirmish had ended, enemies swept away and the battle finalized, to his dismay. Crimson coated his arms, not in splatters but an even layer up to his elbows and the same red littered his hair. He carried the evidence of the bloodshed on himself like a cherished memento and it didn't as much as occur to him to come down on his knees by the cold lake and wash away the gore.

The moon was full above him, in this place it was more enigmatic than he'd ever witnessed in his near thirty years but Drest was unmoved by the surreal silver disk. He was blind to the garden in its entirety and was aware of a moon in the sky only because it's light decorated the man who'd pinned him in place with his presence alone.

Not having yet regained himself he forced his body to move and approached the other. Stepping through the grass with the gait of a animal with pray in it's sights and green eyes bright with need and made vivid by blood dried on his face. A heavy sigh betrayed him as he drew closer.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wewuwe

• ZX-MetalMonster

Ko heard something nearby as he sat by the water, fingers playing in the stream.

He slowly glanced over to the noise, stopping his breathing at the sight of a blood-stained man. His grey eyes looked the man directly into the warriors, feeling as if he were a deer in the sights of a wolf.

"Why are you here?" he asked, his voice was calm, but shook momentarily in fear.

He stayed seated, his finger stilled in the water.

Drest wasn't astonished to recognize a hint of fear in the man's voice, though perfectly satisfied with himself, he knew how he appeared to anyone unaccustomed to his eccentricities. Even among men who'd spent years on the battlefield he stuck and most fellow soldiers felt uneasy around him.

It only worried Drest that the man grew deathly still, he wondered if it meant he would stand his ground or that he could set off running at any moment. The youth was the most handsome man he'd seen in his life and knowing the place where he'd found him was otherworldly he decided not to risk having him disappear by frightening him more than he'd already done. He slowed his approach, and once close enough, lowered himself on one knee and rested his elbow on the other.

-"That's not a very friendly greeting." Drest criticized and smiled softly at the stranger, though the expression seemed glaringly ingenuine. "I've ended up here by accident... I don't know what this place is." He admitted, unconcerned by the location and solely interested in the young man.

Ko watched the man step closer to him and kneel down.

"This is a spiritual place, men are normally not able to enter these grounds." He said, looking at the man, trying to relax. "The god last must like you to let you stumble upon this place." He smiled sweetly, moving his fingers from the water to sit in his own lap.

Drest unconsciously smirked at the explanation, he was sure the gods who favored him were not the kind who create idyllic places like this. It made him wonder if his being there was an error or maybe someone's attempt to disrupt the peace and purity of the extraordinary site. Though he was curious, the reason didn't matter to him, he'd already made it inside and what he does there was more important now.

-"You're here as well... that means this god must like you too." Drest concluded and now that the other man smiled and seemed less tense he allowed himself to sit down properly. "I can see why." He complimented the other with a playful smirk.

Ko felt his cheeks grow warm from the sudden compliment.

He leaned slightly forward to look at himself in the water, trying to see what the man saw in him.

"I've always lived here. I can't remember being away from this area." He said, creasing his brow. "Honestly I can't remember the last time I talked with another person." He laughed softly, trying to stay quiet. He looked over at the man sitting next to him.

"Your face.." he trailed off, reaching out to touch a stray of dried blood on the warrior's jaw.

"Are you injured?" He asked, sounding concerned, silently offering his help to tend to his wounds.

Drest was glad to be told more about the young man without even having to ask but his features settled in an unsatisfied expression as it was gradually revealed how lonely the young man was in this sacred place. it caught him off guard when the other other male suddenly changed topic and turned his attention to him.

-"No... Maybe." Drest answered without thinking and right away corrected himself. He shook his head lightly and recovered from his brief moment of confusion. "I don't think much of it is mine..." He admitted though he doubted a man as gentle and compassionate as this stranger seemed to be would approve of his killing spree. "Does it bother you? That I have blood on me?"

Ko felt himself stiffen at the idea that the blood wasn't his, but he hook his head.

"I've seen far worse violence than this." He said, reaching down to the bottom of his robe and tore a small patch from it to dip into the spring.

He wrung the cloth out and brought it to the man's jaw, wiping away the blood.

He gently cleaned the man's face, smiling at the warrior when his face was clean.

"There." He hummed, enjoying the presence of another person near him.

The water was still as cicadas buzzed around them.

"Are you an assassin?" He asked, his smile fading. "Is that why you're here?" Fear filled his light eyes. "That would explain the blood."

Drest had planed to be cooperative and clean the blood from his face with a handful of water but when the young man went as far as to tear his clothes to help him, he decided to just sit back and leave it to him. He couldn't remember the last time someone had shown him this sort of care and he enjoyed every moment of it, especially when the other man smiled at him a she finished his work. Drest couldn't resist mirroring the expression and it didn't waver even when he was accused.

-"Of course not." He assured the boy and lightly grasped his hand, hoping the touch would comfort him and not alarm him more. "I'm a soldier... A war has just ended outside this place."

Recalling how the young man had responded to his previous flirt, he felt bold enough to pull his hand closer and place a gentle kiss on his fingers. "Thank you." He remembered to say and still didn't let go of the stranger, now again thinking of things other than conversation and soft touches.

Ko sucked in a breath, panic rising in the smaller man. "Wha--.." he watched the man's lips pressing against his fingers, an electric jolt surging throughout his arm.

His face grew warm, spreading to his ears.

He tried his best to not focus on the surprising touch.

"T-there was a war?" He stammered, his voice shaky. He couldn't remember the last time someone touched him with such care before this. He didn't pull back from Drest's touch.

"I'm glad you're not here to kill me." he said, chuckling nervously.

Drest spared the man a smirk but was becoming more eager and impatient to have him in a more familiar place where he wouldn't have to worry about him leaving and never appearing to again.

-"I can't stay here for long... I don't want to." He explained this simply, now lightly caressing the hand he was still holding. "It's not as beautiful outside... but I'll keep you safe if you come with me. There are other people to talk to... exciting things happening." Though he didn't even know his name, Drest started convincing the man to follow him. For now he refused to reveal that his intentions weren't as pure as he made them seem and continued to play the role of an odd gentleman.

"Leave here...?" Ko's eyes widened at the idea.

"But...I don't think I'm allowed to leave here..." he trailed off. Eyes lowering in sadness. "I don't want to get into trouble."

"I don't even know your name." he said softly, thinking of how amazing the world is away from this area.

"Are their other people out there?" He asked after a moment of quiet, watching the man caress his hand. "you would protect me? Is the world scary?"

It satisfied Drest that the young man was unsure of leaving, as long as his answer wasn't a decisive no, he had faith he could convince him to come with him. Because of how gently the other male had been towards him, Drest hoped he wouldn't have to be cruel to him but if all else failed he believed he could force the man to leave.

-"It's dangerous outside, but only sometimes." He answered truthfully and addressed the man's questioned one by one. "My name is Drest... There are a lot of people out there, they are more friendly than me too."

-" I don't think I'm allowed to be here either... but I am here any way. You don't seem happy, and I wonder how you've seen violence before in a peaceful place like this... but you can come with me if that's what you want, it doesn't matter if anyone agrees." Drest assured the man and continued to touch him softly.

Ko watched the man's hands on his hand, thinking things over.

"My name is Ko." He said softly, bowing slightly. "My master wouldn't be happy if I left..." he frowned. "I don't want to have anyone get hurt. No matter how much I want to leave." He admitted. "I don't want you hurt." He said moving his hand away in sadness and standing up. "I'm sorry.."

When the young man suddenly decided to leave Drest reacted swiftly and most of his tenderness from before was left behind in favor of making sure he doesn't lose the lovely male. He stood and wrapped one arm around the other man's waist, pressing him firmly against his chest.

-"I can take care of myself, you don't have to worry about that." Drest assured the other, his annoyance and anger with the turn of events barely hidden in his tone.

-"I'm not leaving you here, so just come along." He offered as a final chance for the young man to follow him peacefully.

Ko made a small noise of surprise when the warrior wrapped an arm around him. He pressed his hand onto the man's chest, not in resistance, just surprise.

"W-wait.." he looked up at the man, trying to read his expression, sensing his irritation.

It was hard for him to just up and leave here, he knew what would happen, but he loved the idea of running away.

"..okay. I'll go with you, just.. just be careful." He said, relaxing into the man's strong hold, not sure why he was trusting this man so easily. He was the first man he's met in years and he wanted to see the world outside of this.

Drest's irritation easily dissipated when the young man stopped resisting and was no longer indecisive. Only then, with his anger cleared out of the way, it occurred to him how closely he was holding the other and how comfortable the male seemed.

Despite the bright moon, Drest was confident that with the cover of night they could leave without trouble, especially if no one was yet aware of his being there. However, it was nowhere near dawn and he was tempted to spare some time and enjoy the proximity to the young man.

-"I will." Drest assured softly and for a long moment only watched the other with a gaze that concealed nothing of what he was thinking of. "Don't be so worried."

Ko looked up at the man, watching the annoyance fall from his face when he agreed to go with him. He kept his hands on the warriors chest. "Should we go now" he asked, looking at the moon for a brief moment. "It's dark enough to leave without anyone noticing." He murmured, glancing back at the man, again realizing how close he was, his face growing warm from such an intimate hold.

-"We should." Drest confirmed but made no move to leave, in stead watching with a smirk how the young man blushed. It crossed his mind to touch his face, peck his cheek and hopefully see him flustered but he left that for later, finally coming to his senses.

Drest slowly took a step back, his hold on the other man loosened until he let go of him reluctantly. As he turned and started to followed the same route that had brought him there back to his own world he glanced at his companion over his shoulder and offered him a hand.

Ko felt the warmth of the other man's body leave him, feeling a rush of cold come over him. He watched the man begin to leave, having the briefest thought of running back to his Master so the warrior would be safe. He bit his lip and decided to follow the man, reaching out and grasping his rough hands. He turned back to the water, sensing the stillness of the water smooth over with darkness.

It would take time for his Master to realize he was gone, since he was resting until dawn to restore their powers.

Ko gripped the man's hand, feeling a safe presents around him.

"Where will we go?" He asked quietly. "Do you have a home?"

With the young man's departure now a certainty, Drest wasn't as on edge or as concerned while he lead him outside. He held the male's hand lightly, again gentle and polite towards him.

-"Of course... It will be a while before we arrive there though." Drest explained and glanced at the other male with a smile. For the time being, he spared him the explanation of where they were heading and the journey that awaited them.

-"I think you will like it there." He commented, though he knew he was himself fond of the place only because it was where he'd been raised. It was unlikely someone who'd lived in a surreal place like this would be inspired with his home.

"Im sure I will." Ko said, walking down the path with the older man.

After a long silence of moving through the path ko finally spoke. "Why did you want me to come with you?" He asked, letting go of the man's hand to move a small branch out of his way in the path.

"I don't believe I'm special enough to take with you." He said.

For a moment Drest looked at the young man in disbelief, astonished to realize that he was oblivious to just how beautiful he was. Thinking back, he remembered the other had mentioned he hadn't spoken to another man in a long time. However Drest believed someone so perfect only needed to look at his reflection to realize he is special, and not wait for anyone's compliments.

-"Are you serious?" Now hidden by a few tree branches and shrubbery, Drest paused and lightly gripped the other man's chin, encouraging him to look up and meet his gaze. "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

Ko froze as the man grabbed his chin, pulling him close.

Beautiful? the young man felt his heart tighten from the compliment.

"T-thank you.. I just don't hear such nice words often." He murmured, blushing and looking away.

Drest fought the need to pull the young man close and hold him against his chest again but kept in mind that they shouldn't stop for long.

-"You will now that you're with me." Drest assured the other with a smirk and moved a hand gently over his shoulder to encourage him to stay beside him while they walk.

• Saga locked this topic