Lattice (Rin and Zombie) [18+]

Zombie_In_A_Box

Because he had been sure that he wouldn't ever see Leo again, Chiaki hadn't let the emotions he could have felt, if he thought about the man, influence him. He returned to his underground organisation and instantly let his right hand do all the unimportant paper work. The raven himself planned to take time off, sadly it wasn't that possible. The spy he had hired reported to him that Leo and Oliver had met and were actually living quite a stable life. Perfect.

From that report on, he had lost the connections to the man he had called his boyfriend in prison. His full concentration was directed at what he had to do next. Snake's death had caused a huge movement in the underground-world which he had to take care of. Though, nobody seemed to have the guts to chase after Chiaki or voice any insults, even if everyone knew it had been him. Hell, the 24 year old didn't have to leave any hints, they all knew him too well.

It was a dark and lonely night. The clouds on the sky were so dark that Chiaki actually expected rain, but it seemed like he was lucky since it was still dry - and he didn't have an umbrella anyway.

"Ah.. of course. It doesn't seem like the hospital would cooperate. Nothing else to expect from drug dealers, though..." His glance lifted towards a shadow in front of him. He came to a halt. "..I will call you later." He spoke into the phone, lowered it from his ear and hung up. Afterwards he slid his hands into the pockets of the long, elegant coat he was wearing.

Now this was unexpected and surprising. It even made the mischievous raven speechless. Leo was standing right in front of him.

And hell, he looked angered.

"Good evening," was the first thing he said. He wasn't up to date about Leo's life but at least the other didn't look like he had become homeless or unemployed. In fact, he looked good. "It's been a while." They stood in front of each other just like five months ago. The tension was almost the same, but the ranking had changed. "I guess your anger is directed towards me, not that I'm wondering why, to be honest," Chiaki added. Nobody else was around. A thunder resounded through the street, one of the street lamps started flickering. "I did some cruel things to you, didn't I?" It was not the amusing smile on his face that Leo knew, it was something different. No seriousness but also no smiling. Usually, Chiaki didn't see value in a person if they didn't prove to be a good piece for his plans, though Leo was different.

Leo was an exception.

You could almost say he was a trap. For some reason, Chiaki had liked the feeling of being able to embark on someone emotionally.

Oh my.. was he becoming sentimental? What a pitiful state...

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• ♠[Rin]♠

Leo was burning with rage. It was boiling inside him, threatening to spill out any moment. "Good evening my ass." He spat out, the rage showing in his voice and eyes, yet he didn't move. "Cruel would be too light of a word." Leo growled, as rain began falling down on them. "How many people did you kill? Did you even bother to learn the number? Their families? How can you live with yourself?" He snarled, for a few moments truly looking like an angered lion - and no one wanted to see that. Death was quick to follow, at least most of the time.

"I promised myself I would never kill anyone. I'd make the exception for you." Leo spoke, tilting his head with a disgusted frown on his face. Chiaki was a monster, not even a human. He didn't understand how one could hold so much evil in himself. It was impossible. "I really hoped I wouldn't see you again. You make me feel sick." He said, a bit quieter. His hair had gotten damp from the rain, yet for a single moment it looked like it wasn't just raindrops that were on his face. Anger, that was the emotion filling him up, but sadness went with it. A part of him still missed Chiaki... Or the idea of Chiaki that he had.

He would make an exception? "You wouldn't." That was all Chiaki answered to that topic. Afterwards he continued, "St. Stan's Prison. 82 guards, 23 of them criminals from other countries. 549 inmates, 400 of them unable to recognize what they had done. 98 of them mentally unstable. 51 of them were still in touch with their family. Since 2001, the government has been sending illegal papers to the commander of the prison. Ever since towards the day of its destruction, 800+ inmates have died of 'heart failure'." He spat the last two words with disgust, as if it was obvious that it wasn't possible. "I got the lists. You wish to see them? I doubt that, to be honest."

A silent sigh passed his lips. "I don't think we should stand here in the rain. Also, if you already want me to know the person whom I've murdered, then what about you? Would you," he turned to the side, "follow my offer to an invitation so that we can talk?" Leo had voiced that he didn't want to see Chiaki again, but there was something. This something, the raven just couldn't describe.

Yes, he would. At least Leo thought that way. He probably wouldn't manage to actually kill Chiaki, but at the moment he really wanted to. As the other talked, Leo could feel bile rising up from his stomach. He stumbled, barely visibly, his hand rising up to pinch the bridge of his nose. Now Chiaki may have been lying, but perhaps this time it was better for him if he didn't find out. It would've been best if he hadn't found out any of his lies, honestly.

"Fine." He replied quietly. He wanted desperately to believe there was still some good in Chiaki. "Don't touch me." He murmured while slowly stepping closer. Leo was afraid that even the lightest touch would... Would what, exactly? He didn't know and he most likely didn't want to know. His skin crawled at the mere thought of Chiaki touching it again. Was he afraid of his feelings for the man coming back? Had they ever really left?

"Touching you? Don't worry. We're no couple." At least not anymore.

He started walking and had to notice that his heart was pounding. Even though he was staring ahead of them, his senses just recognized Leo next to him. It was almost weird to walk along each other like this, cold, and almost lonely.

Then minutes of silence passed until they finally reached a high-rise. Chiaki led Leo inside of the expensive looking building, towards the elevator and as soon as they entered it, he pressed the button with '42' on it. The elevator stopped after a few minutes and Chiaki stepped into a neat corridor with dim light. The floor was covered with a dark green carpet which harmonized with the white walls and the old-fashioned wooden furniture. The duo wandered along the corridor until Chiaki stopped at the apartment door with the number 591 and the name 'Senora' on it. He fished a key out of his inner chest pocket, unlocked the door twice and then entered. Letting Leo step inside after him, he closed the door and adjusted three chains that would keep it close. So in fact, Leo wasn't locked in here, he would only have to undo the chains if he really wanted to leave.

Chiaki took off his drenched coat and hung it onto the hallstand, revealing dark trousers and a simple black top. "Would you like something to drink or eat?"

In front of them arose a modern-looking living room with expensive high-tech but simple hardwood floor and white furniture. In the middle a scene with armchairs, a couch, a coffee table and a TV was situated. On the other side of the room was a staircase next to two white doors. On the right side there was an archway leading into a kitchen, and left - in front of panorama windows, stood a single long desk with three computers and a laptop on it.

It was not only to time to answer questions but to reveal who he was. Chiaki himself didn't find it salient but he still owed Leo.

It didn't feel comfortable to walk next to Chiaki anymore. Keeping his hands in his pockets, his head hanging low. It was true, they weren't a couple, but he wished they still were. Things would be easier. Everything would be so much easier. He wouldn't feel like shit, he would actually know how he felt towards Chiaki. Right now his feelings were a damn mess. Did he love him, was he afraid of him, was he angry with him? He didn't know. Chiaki was twisted and dark - perhaps too much to keep any feelings going.

As they reached the building, and soon enough Chiaki's apartment, Leo was taken aback. It was so luxurious... Looking around, Leo's gaze stopped by Chiaki, his lips parted slightly. "No. Unless you have something strong. I feel like I'm going to need alcohol to listen to you." He replied quietly, shrugging off his coat before taking off his shoes. He felt like they had a lot to talk about. Having a glass of something stronger in his hand was bound to make listening easier.

"So... What exactly did you get into prison for?" He asked, slowly walking towards the couch. Leo sat down, pushing the wet hair out of his eyes to look up at Chiaki. This was an appropriate question to start with, right? After all, prison was where they met in the first place... While of course that isn't where Chiaki's story started, for him it would probably be the best to know that first.

He laughed silently, though couldn't disagree. It was true that many people could need some alcohol in order to be able to listen to whatever Chiaki had to say. However, without protesting, he walked into the white kitchen and returned to Leo with a small glass filled half with a fine brown-golden liquid. He would't get drunk by only this, considering how muscular he was.

Afterwards, the smaller one took a seat on the arm-chair and crossed his legs. Ah, what a nice question. "Many things, actually. In this case, though, I was caught dealing with the Yakuza. The main topics discussed were drugs and prostitution." He looked to the side as if thinking. "And.. maybe hacking. But doesn't do much usually."

"Frankly speaking, though," Chiaki then added and leaned back against the armchair. "I didn't do anything, meaning, I let the police catch me. A certain police officer, so that I would be brought to the St. Stan's Prison because I knew that Snake was there."

Having gotten the drink, Leo immediately took a sip, closing his eyes as the heat spread through his body. Alright, now he was more or less ready to listen to whatever shit Chiaki had to say. Looking up, his lips pursed into a frown, the man slowly leaned back against the couch and listened. "So Snake was your main goal? What did he even do?" He asked, his fingers wrapped tightly around the cool glass.

Leo took a glance around, his lip twitching slightly. This apartment must've cost a fortune... It was unfair. He himself had to live in a one-room flat with barely enough money to get by while Chiaki got whatever he wanted. It just wasn't fair. Leo's lips parted with a sigh, eyes closing after a few moments. "How many people have you killed? Do you even remember them all?" He asked, lowering the glass to rest it on top of his thigh. He wanted to know whether Chiaki was... Well, human. At least a little bit.

"That's a long story," the raven answered. He watched how Leo looked around with this indifferent look in his eyes. Ah, of course. He, as a man who worked hard for less money, was right now in a luxurious apartment which belonged to an acquaintance. It must cause a weird feeling inside him.

"Snake was originally a partner of mine in a quite dangerous scene between some dangerous groups. Though, after I was able to satisfy one of the groups finally, he seemed to have become a sore loser. He attacked someone I know and crashed my network towards this certain group, then disappeared. He managed to hide himself in another district but soon enough I caught him. I destroyed his small organisation. To flee from my real revenge, he gave himself up to the police, maybe thinking he would be safe there. I actually planned on leaving right after his death, even."

"Ah, you know, the thing is.." Chiaki lifted his index finger. "I am not directly a murderer. Towards Snake I am, yes, but all the other people that died because of me indirectly, were killed by someone else. I have their files in my storeroom, if that helps answering your last question. Regarding a number... I am afraid some of my underlings have sometimes stepped out of the line, so I don't exactly know how many deaths have actually happened. If I were to guess, though..." He tapped his chin. "31? Without the prison." He assumed that especially for a man like Leo, who regretted what he did and who was determined to sacrifice his own future, such a person like Chiaki might appear grim.

"So why did you stay after killing him?" Leo asked the obvious question. Did Chiaki ever really care about him? He doubted it. This was probably just a game for him. Hearing the number of how many people died because of him made his stomach curl. Bringing the glass to his lips, Leo downed the whole drink, closing his eyes at the throb over his whole body. "Just bring me the whole bottle." He grunted out, his fingers squeezed tightly around the glass. He opened his eyes, staring down at the ground between his feet.

"How the fuck do people even end up like you?" He asked, a bit of helplessness in his voice. He couldn't understand. People weren't just born bad, and they could fix their lives, but Chiaki... He didn't even want to fix his life, did he? Leo leaned back against the couch again, slowly exhaling through his mouth. "How can you live with yourself?" The question slipped past Leo's lips without him fully realizing it. Perhaps he shouldn't have drunk the whole thing at once. Then again, in this state it would be easier to listen. He wouldn't understand his motives anyway, so who cared.

Chiaki internally refused. He wouldn't give this man a bottle full of strong alcohol. Afterwards he tilted his head a little. "I wanted to spend time with you. And three months aren't much time," the raven explained. How was Leo even feeling about him? They had been so close that every stranger would have instantly believed they were a couple back then. It hadn't been 'real' but a deal. Acting. And yet now here they were... Leo still cared about what Chiaki did, at least somewhat. To be honest, he himself did care about this man as well. It was admirable, Leo's personality. A man who had committed a crime wanted to become pure. It was attracting.

"Ahah..." He laughed quietly. "Many have asked a question related to that." He just was like this. "You may consider me a 'bad' person. But in fact, you shouldn't divide humans into 'good' and 'bad', they are either charming or tedious. You are charming. I don't care what you do or have done."

How had he ended up like this, playing games with people? He couldn't describe it. He was just slightly psychotic.

Leo crinkled his nose slightly when the realization that Chiaki wasn't even standing up hit him. "This amount of alcohol is a joke when it comes to listening to you." He nearly growled out, his fingers squeezing the glass tight enough for it to seem like it was about to break. Had it been of thinner glass, all that was left of it would've been many shards, some of which probably stayed in Leo's hand.

His eyes closed again as he exhaled shakily. "Can I even consider you a human by now?" His voice trembling, the man opened his eyes, a near-pleading look in them. "Do you care? At all?" Leo questioned, the glass resting on his thigh again. He would've gladly gotten drunk to the point of passing out. That seemed easier than sitting here, trying to reason with a man he now saw as a monster. He both wanted to cry and scream at Chiaki for betraying his trust, for betraying him. Because he had, even if he didn't realize it.

Frankly speaking, Chiaki didn't understand why Leo was here at all. He had already realized that his 'ex-boyfriend' was some underground-whatever-medium. So many people would have left by now. Why was the lion still staying? Did he really, seriously search for something he could stand?

Chiaki leaned back and sighed. The other's eyes looked like the ones of a kicked puppy. "When have you grown so desperate, Leo?" he asked in a whisper, as if rather talking to himself than his companion. Chiaki arose from his armchair and stepped in front of the man on his couch, looking down at him with this undefinable expression in his hazel eyes. "I am human, maybe just not the type of person you would like me to be. If you squeeze my neck, I will choke; if you turn my wrist, it will break; if you push me hard enough against a wall, my spine will crack. That's human." He paused, while his eyes softened. "Yes, I do care. I care about everyone around me. I still care about you, too. You know, it had been quite a nice change to be liked at some point. And that you are still sitting here, is admirable. You can't change the fact that I find you utterly interesting and attracting, though I will not force you to be part of my life.

You see, there is no super tragic family story which could have 'molded' me or anything. I just love watching people. And especially..." He leaned down a little. "You. Maybe that's just my way of showing you my affection? Who knows?"

A sudden small smirk appeared on his lips. "You don't need me, though, right? You have someone else awaiting you at home." The grin faded away. "And besides, I am weak. Who knows if I would be still alive if I didn't have fooled so many people?"

Leo listened while the grip on the glass got tighter and tighter. He pursed his lips tightly, the desperation lingering in his eyes. He didn't move when Chiaki stepped in front of him, yet his fingers squeezed the glass just a little bit tighter and like that, it shattered. "Fuck!" He groaned out, several shards of glass sticking out of his palm. The man looked up, his lips parting slowly. "I can't just fucking forget about you. I loved you. I still do. That doesn't just go away." He said, reaching up with his left hand, lightly cupping the other's cheek. "Guess I'm weak too."

With those words, Leo pulled the other down, pressing their lips together. He couldn't count how many times he thought of doing this, at least one more time. Squeezing his eyes shut, his bloodied hand resting next to him on the couch, he tangled his left one into Chiaki's hair, keeping him close to himself. His feelings were always stronger than his brain, he couldn't fight them. He still cared about Chiaki, he still loved him, he couldn't just leave him like that. Seeing him again brought him a shit ton of mixed up feelings, and love managed to overpower them all.

The glass shattered into pieces and dropped down onto the carpet. Ah... fine. "Don't move, I'll—" At least he was about to leave and get some disinfectant, when he was pulled downwards to the other. Their lips met and he noticed how Leo closed his eyes. Eventually, the raven gave in as well and tilted his head slightly.

Love. Such a dangerous addiction. He would lie if he claimed this was the first time someone confessed to him, though it was a first that he somehow wanted to return those feelings.

Chiaki placed his left knee on the spot between Leo's legs and leaned in a little more for a more comfortable position.

Leo surely knew how to defend himself in questionable situations. However, had he ever had to do with underground-groups? Was it safe for he himself, Chiaki, and Leo to be involved with each other on this high level?

"...let me disinfect your hand," he whispered against the other's lips after a few moments passed. Oh yes, they had much to discuss now.

Leo refused to open his eyes, just as he refused to let Chiaki go. He pressed their lips together again, as if desperately clinging to the other, or at least to the idea of him. "Don't leave me again..." Leo whispered, as his eyelashes fluttered open at last, revealing sad, tired eyes. He was scared of letting Chiaki go. Last time he did, he didn't see him for a few months. He didn't want it to end up like that again. Leo was so terribly lonely, even with Oliver around him at all times... If he went back like this, he was sure he would end up doing something he regretted.

"Please, promise me you'll stay. That you won't disappear again. I can't go through it again." Leo whispered brokenly. It was pathetic, how torn apart he really felt. Perhaps the alcohol had some influence as well, but mostly it was just his feelings, just his stupid, stupid feelings.

Chiaki blinked and stared deeply into Leo's eyes. Oh really, he hadn't experienced this before. An encouraging smile spread on his lips, while he lifted a hand to stroke over the other's temple and through the hair. "Don't worry, I won't leave. You know where I live now." Hell, it was easy to stay in touch. Also, it was Leo's decision...

He seriously wondered how much Leo would be able to take at this point.

"..if you want," Chiaki then added after a moment of musing, "you can stay over the night. I have some work to do but no customer for tomorrow." Even if it was more an offer because he feared not getting away from Leo's grip, it was also to show Leo how a life could be. After all, he had been so desperate before and after leaving and still had to work hard for enough money.

Leo leaned into the touch, gently running his thumb over Chiaki's cheek in response. He pulled him in for another kiss, seemingly still not satisfied with how much they'd kissed. If it was up to him, he'd just kiss him forever. "Yeah... Yeah, I want to stay. At least for tonight." Leo replied quietly, pressing their foreheads together for a few moments, his eyes closed for the time being before finally letting Chiaki go. He didn't care about the pain in his hand, honestly, although it was bound to get infected if not taken care of. The cuts were rather deep, besides there was still glass inside them.

Leo lifted his right hand up, staring at the bleeding cuts with an indifferent expression. He reached with his left hand, removing one bigger shard with a quiet groan of pain. It probably would've been smart to get stitches, but there was no way in hell he would leave Chiaki alone. He'd just run away from him again, Leo was sure of that. He didn't want that to happen, though.

"Good," Chiaki nodded. Of course he returned the kisses even if it had become surreal. That someone like Leo would really want to stay with him.. Huh. He liked this change. Yes, he loved how surprising humans were.

"Don't play with your wound too much," he then advised the taller male and got back onto his both feet. "I'll get a first-aid kid and take care of it. You're too careless." May it be true or not, Chiaki didn't wait for an answer and simply vanished through one of the white doors at the end of the room. A few moments later, he returned with the promised first-aid kit, opened it and fished out some disinfectant, a pincette, bandages and wads. "Open your hand and let me take a look at it." He demanded, arrogant as always. In prison he had somewhat obeyed Leo's rules, but this was another world now.

Leo's lips stretched out into a faint smile as he followed Chiaki leaving the room with his gaze. He could easily pretend Chiaki's dark life didn't exist. He hated lies, but he was willing to sacrifice that part of himself for this. The man closed his eyes, patiently waiting for his lover to come back to him. He showed his palm obediently, too out of it to pay any attention to the arrogance.

"I really missed you, Chiaki." Leo muttered absentmindedly, with his free hand reaching up to gently tuck some of his dark locks behind his ear. Leo ran his fingers down to his jaw, down his neck, just lightly skimming over the pale skin. "You're so beautiful..." Leo whispered, although that was most likely the alcohol. "I don't want to live without you anymore." He added softly, keeping his eyes on the other's, even if their gazes didn't meet. He didn't really care. He just wanted Chiaki back to himself.

The way Leo seemed dependent on Chiaki made the raven smile. But it was certainly not a romantic smile. It amused him how much he had influenced this man. It was like a trophy after prison, to be honest. Though, he shook those thoughts off. He himself knew exactly that he would never be able to use Leo like every other person. Also, no more alcohol.

"Shhh, stop worrying," Chiaki said and pressed his finger against his own lips. Afterwards he softly took the other's hand and vetted it. It seemed like he was talented in many different things. After he had fastened the bandage around the hand, he let go of it and closed the first-aid kit again. "Be careful when you work and change the bandages after showering."

"Also," he then added, lifting the kit up, "there are leftovers of Dinner in the oven. The bathroom is the right door," he pointed behind him towards the doors, "and an extra tooth brush is in the left cabinet next to the mirror. My bedroom is upstairs on the left." However, no matter how dearly he cared about Leo, Chiaki just couldn't get away from his curiosity considering Oliver's reaction. He hoped it would be amusing. He neither liked nor detested the blonde, it was just fun watching him from time to time.

Leo turned his gaze to his hand, watching how the shards were removed, his hand was disinfected, and soon the bandage was tied firmly around it. The man looked up, barely paying any attention to the words that came from Chiaki's mouth. He watched how his lips parted and closed, those gorgeous, kissable lips... His hands seemed to move on their own as he pushed the first aid kit away, instead pulling Chiaki down to himself, claiming his lips into a deep kiss.

Leo didn't want to let go. He didn't want to eat, to shower, or to sleep. Right now he only wanted Chiaki. His mind was far too clouded by the alcohol for him to realize how ridiculously out of character he was being. Leo wouldn't act like this if he was completely sober... That didn't mean he didn't want to act like this, however. He pulled the younger down so he would be sitting on his lap, craddling his waist. Leo's hands slid down to his waist, gently caressing it through the fabric. Finally pulling back from the kiss, he instead pressed his lips to his jaw, slowly trailing them down to the base of his neck. "I want you... I want you so badly... Like nothing I've ever wanted in my life..." He whispered desperately, his arms wrapping around his waist as he pressed his lips against Chiaki's shoulder, then pulled back to look at him. Desperation was obvious in his eyes. A silent plea for something. Love? Perhaps that was it. He craved for love from Chiaki. He needed it like one needed food and water to survive. It was stupid, yet it was how he felt.

Chiaki didn't intend to defend himself or resist. Not that he would have a chance anyway. Leo, especially drunk, seemed more determined than sober, let alone stubborn.

The raven rested on the lion's lap and stared into his eyes, after the kiss ended. The other's lips traced from his jaw over his neck and to his shoulder. Dont mark me... If anyone saw, rumours would occur. Chiaki didn't want the underground nor society to even think that he was in a relationship or had had someone 'with him'.

Chiaki lifted his arms and lazily wrapped them around Leo's shoulder, just like he used to do it in prison. "As long as you keep it a secret.." he whispered, softly drawing circles with his fingertip on the other's neck. "You won't lose me." Was it a deal? Sort of. But positive for both sides.

Leo let out a low purr-like sound, continuing to press open-mouth kisses to his neck. "It'll be our secret then..." He whispered back, slipping one hand underneath his shirt, gently running his fingertips over the soft skin. "You won't escape me again." Leo added quietly, seeming more determined than ever. He pushed Chiaki down onto the couch, straddling his legs while beginning to unbutton his shirt, continuously pressing kisses downwards. Soon enough he reached the other's belt. There his lips traveled back up, closing up on one nipple, gently flicking it with his tongue, tugging on it with his teeth.

Leo pulled back after a few moments, his eyes clouded as he looked into Chiaki's. "Can I?..." He asked, his left hand placed over his cock, lightly kneading it, as if trying to get him hard.

Actually, he had work to do. But he figured Leo just hadn't listened to anything he had said before. The other was already so stubborn by nature and now there was additionally alcohol in his blood. Chiaki swallowed the groan that wanted to leave his throat when he felt the tongue and teeth on his nipple.

Eventually, he sighed silently. Leo still wasn't easy to control. "..Yes," he answered him, shifting a little to support himself with his elbows. "But be sure to not dirty anything.." He did wonder whether Leo would actually recognize or take those words seriously though he better voiced that wish instead of saying nothing.