Open Sea [Private RP YellowPerch and Raycu]

YellowPerch

"Sabota-?" Nibo's brow raised for a moment as a smile formed on his lips. He couldn't help but wonder exactly what this sabotage meant. Her finger assault ended, which he had to admit, he was glad it did. And he felt her shift in his arms just before reaching up and kissing him roughly. He returned the kiss, no questions asked. His eyes closed during the kiss and he held her tight, running his finger through her hair once more. Suddenly she nipped on his lower lip, he flinched slightly, not expecting it and opened his eyes. She had finished the kiss, ended it as quickly as she had started it and had turned over to face her back towards him. Of course he still held her within his grasp as she did. So even when she decided now was when she would ignore him, he was at least still able to hold her against him a while longer. He lowered his own head and rested his forehead to the back of her head. Together they drifted into sleep, now that the storm sounded to slip away into the distance.

Sosuke remained on the upper deck the whole time. He fought against the stormy sea and raging sky. But although it was a task, he was able to find the harbor once more through the darlened sky and docked the ship. They left late day and had returned by night. It was quite the hassle docking the ship, not wanting to scratch the hull as he entered the port. He stumbled over to the anchor and released it. He collapsed against it as he slid down on to the deck. His legs and arms were sore, his body soaked from head to toe, clothing to bone. His hair stuck to his face from what he was sure to be not just rain, but sweat as well. He had no strength in him at the moment to get to a bed and sleep. So he ended up passing out against the anchor base.

------------------------------

For Sosuke the early morning came all too soon. Because of his position on the deck of the ship, he woke up as soon as the sun had. He was the first to wake and found himself straining to stand back up. He groaned when his body screamed at him to stop moving, but he fought against it. He'd be fine once he moved it around more. He found himself back up on the upper deck and leaning against the wheel from behind. He was looking at the sea. Somewhere inside him, he knew the gods did not want him sailing. He looked up just as Mina came over to him and nudged him. A wise move, huh. He didn't let his frustration show on his face and he smiled back at her just as Sidney came whining out of the medical room. He looked up at the other only to watch him lean against the railing of the lower deck and hear Mina walk away. But soon after his brother stood next to him.

Nibo woke along with Mina, how could he not, she practically climbed over him in order to get out of the hammock. He groaned when he woke, realizing she was already up on deck. Some men were up, but most of them remained sleeping. He rolled out of the hammock and left for the deck. When he got on top, he noticed Mina talking with Sidney, only to walk away when they all seemed to notice Sidney. He wouldnt have gone up had the other went to Sosuke. But he watched as the navigator stayed on the lower deck. Nibo took the moment to go see his brother. As stoic as he was, Nibo hinted what he seemed so desperate to hide. His eyes were blood shot and blue with sleep bags under his eyes. His hair and clothes still damp from the rain that soak him and his hair was a complete mess. And his body shook the slightest before a violent shake took him. "Sosuke, you-" his words were cut off when Sosuke raised his hand and glared at him, with not even the slightest hint of his presence in his eyes.

Sent from my tapatalk account. I'm on my phone bitches!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YellowPerch

• Raychu

Mina walked over to Sidney when she had noticed he hadn't gone over to his lover. Before she spoke, Nibo had come out, her eyes following him like a hawk watching for it's pretty, until he went to Sosuke. The watched as her lover tried to talk, only to be quieted by her childhood friend. He had completely changed expressions with Nibo, even a glare was present. "Why aren't you up there with him? He needs you now more than anyone," she said softly, looking at Sidney. However, his response was not as friendly as she had expected it to be. I could be asking the same, why aren't you with Nibo. However, I won't ask because it's none of my concern. I don't plan on talking to him because of yesterday. She was curious to hear about the night before. Knowing Sosuke, when he's under extreme stress he just acts out. It's not unusual for him. She pointed as the arm that was held in a sling, hearing the story about how he fell on his wrist once he climbed the mast. Ouch. As she continued to discuss small things, an idea had popped into her head. "Why don't ou stay with Nibo for me all day, I'll stay with Sosuke!" The other looked surprised, only to smile back at her and nod. She was happy he agreed, walking back over to Sosuke, glaring at Nibo to leave. "Was it that bad?" The questioned directed at her childhood friend.

Sidney was minding his own business when Mina decided to come and bother him. Before she spoke, her eyes followed her lover so aggressively, as if use would attack him at any moment. How scary, he feared for Nibo at the moments. Suddenly, she decided to bombard him with the question he didn't want to answer at all. Why aren't you up there with him? He needs you now more than anyone. Very upset, he made sure to show it when he responded, "I could be asking the same, why aren't you with Nibo. However, I won't ask because it's none of my concern. I don't plan on talking to him because of yesterday." He stressed the word concern because he didn't want her to continue to ask about it, it anything piqued her curiosity. Then she pointed at his arm, only to tell how he fell on it. It was as stupid story with a terrible ending really. Suddenly she spoke up again, only to his surprise was it a good idea. He nodded his head, causing her to have a wide smile. This would keep them both from interacting with their lovers. It's ironic they are just going to be hanging out with their lover's brother all day, not that he minded. Mina walked off, giving a threatening glare to Nibo. He really did fear for the man's life when she gave those looks. Once he finally left the side of his brother, Sidney walked up to him with a wide smile. "May I ask what happened between you two? She's much more aggressive with you today than she was yesterday."

Sosuke wasn't going to back down to Nibo's worried looks. Sure,maybe he owed him some sort of explanation. But he was in no mood to talk to him about how he was feeling now. But when Sosuke figured he had enough of looking like some drenched rat, he stood straight, wincing at the small pain that shot through him and only looked at Nibo to make him stay quiet. Sosuke's hand shook as he lifted it to push his hair back. Because of the wet in it still, his hair managed to remain slicked back, some strands falling messily about, but it wasn't in his face like before. He didn't hide his shakes in front of Nibo now, knowing the other wouldn't forget that he'd seen him at a weakened state. "Sorry, Nibo...I feel like a failure." He let out a snort just before he heard footsteps behind him and looked to find Mina glaring at his younger brother. He raised a brow and looked at him, where Nibo only shrugged and backed away before leaving the two on the upper deck. When Nibo left She instantly asked, Was it that bad? Sosuke didn't answer at first, but he sighed and looked straight into her eyes. "I don't think I'll ever be able to keep him happy without us fighting all the time." His legs were slowly starting to gain more strength in them, and although they shook very lightly, it didn't show like before. "What am I doing wrong, Mina?" He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Nibo left the two on the upper deck, and almost as soon as he reached the middle of the lower deck, found himself face to face with Sidney. instantly he asked about him and Mina. May I ask what happened between you two? She's much more aggressive with you today than she was yesterday/ Nibo chuckled and nodded, then lifted his face to the sky, and partial smile on his lips. "Last night we fought. She tried to leave the sleeping quarters and come up on deck to help out. I wouldn't let her." He looked back at Sidney and shook his head. "I kept telling her there was nothing she could have done, nothing either of us could have done. But she struggled against my words." He fell silent and shrugged his shoudlers at his own words. "I thought Sosuke would be fine, especially since you were with him. But...I guess things weren't going as well as I thought they were." Nibo smiled sympathetically at the navigator as he pointed at the sling on Sidney's arm.

Mina frowned when he stated that, knowing Sidney didn't feel the same at all. "I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Sidney is... he's probably just insecure about this whole situation. I've noticed he can take this extremely hard if he makes a small mistake. The problem isn't you, or him, it's his mindset. I think, he doesn't want to disappoint you, so he lashes out to look stronger. That's only my guess bough. That boy is hard to figure out. Maybe that's why you two go so well together, I can understand you both," she laughed, only for it to turn silent once more. She felt like what she said about Sidney was true. He just seemed to get so upset over the little things, everything seeming to bring him down so much. He obviously loved Sosuke, he just had internal problems he was facing with himself. "Ah, I could really go for a pipe. I haven't had a good smoke in awhile. Too bad one of those government ruffians took it."

Sidney looked at his arm, his eyes narrowing. He smushed Nibo's face with his thumb and his fingers on his free hand, getting rid of the sympathetic smile he was being given. He was extremely irked by seeing it, even Mina didn't give him that kind of sympathy. "It went fine. This didn't happen until we had gotten set back on track. I fell on my wrist, it's not a big deal... maybe it was last night, not today though," he said softly, his eyes wandering to Sosuke. He really hoped the other didn't take his arm breaking the wrong way. It was just an accident that had happened, an unfortunate accident. "Hey, can you go shopping with me? I have three reasons for this. I can't use my arm, I need help picking out something for Captain, and Mina really doesn't want to see your face so you're supposed to be stuck with me all day. Please?" It was most likely no surprise Mina was still mad at Nibo, this just was the only thing he had to go and it may calm the girl if she didn't have to stare at her lover all day.

Sosuke listened to the other carefully. How could he not be doing anything wrong? Wasnt it his fault the other always had to yell at him? Always ended up pushing him away? Sosuke sighed. He was just trying to be a good captain to his men, risking his life in a storm to protect those of his men seemed right. But it seemed his responsibilities went against that of being a lover. Sosuke didnt want to answer anymore then he had about he and Sidney's situation. So he decided to drop it without saying a single other word. But as soon as Mina had sighed herself and wished for a pipe, his eyes widened in surprise and he scoffed playfully. "You smoke?" Then he looked out over the deck and found who he was looking for. He pointed out his hand as he called to the man in question, the slightest twitch of his fingers visible to those watching him closely. "Duck, come 'ere! Bring your pipe!"

Clearly Nibo had done something wrong. And seeing as how Sidney had reached out to smush his face together, Nibo had realized it was his smile that made Sidney slightly upset. "Showwy" he apologized through squished lips and cheeks. When Sidney let go of his face Nibo shook himself, then rubbed his cheeks. The navigator had a strong grip, that was for sure. He was just about to speak up again when Sidney asked him for a favor. Shopping? Nibo could handle that at least. But what made him sigh and agree with a small smile was why Sidney was talking to him now. "I supposed it cant be helped then. Ill help you carry your things."

Sent from my tapatalk account. I'm on my phone bitches!

"Oh no. I will not touch another person's pipe, absolutely not. I don't know what diseases they could carry, it's gross," she laughed, nudging the other again. "If you're in any position to walk, we can go into town. I know a guy who had one, I just didn't buy it at that moment. That's when I was too busy following you for a lift." She wasn't a pirate, but she was on enough of the ships to be introduced to many things. The first time she was kicked out and had to leave the island, she was introduced to smoking a pipe. The first few tries she almost coughed her lungs out, then she got used to it. Tobacco didn't have the best of a taste, it was still nice to smoke it though, it was also hard to stop once you started to like the calming effect it gave. Which wasn't uncommon for people, though to her it was ironic, she promised to never smoke or drink, look where she was now. Challenging her best friend to drinking contests, wishing her pipe hadn't been stolen. The complete opposite of what she wanted to turn out like as a small child. Those dreams never came true.

Sidney smiles widely when the other agreed, pulling him with his freed hand off the deck. He didn't look back at Sosuke as he pulled his brother and himself away from the ship. Once they had made it into town and away from the ship, he slowed down panting from running too hard. "Sorry. I just needed to get off the ship as fast as I could. I may have lied a bit, it wasn't alright last night. Sosuke almost fell while climbing the mast, when I helped him and saved his life, he scolded me! I'm so angry at him, yet I feel bad because we weren't getting along prior before the storm hit. I don't know what came over me, I just became so rude to him. I felt like it wasn't even me. Do you think he's still mad about that?" The navigator laughed as he walked slowly through the town, looking over at Nibo. "I hate to admit it, I'm jealous of Mina. She's so much better than me at so many things. I've noticed it throughout the time she was there. Hell, she'd make a much better navigator than me, at least she's be more useful than I am when I'm under panic. The girl has got guts, something I seem to lack."

Before Duck could go down and receive his pipe, Sosuke was already calling to him again. "Duck, forget it!" Sosuke looked back at the other as she vigorously shook her head and stated very clearly that she wouldn't share another man's pipe. Sosuke nearly forgot she wasn't a pirate like they were. They shared almost everything. He gave a smile to her. "Alright, no on the sharing. Got it." But when she asked him to go out with her to the town he decided that he might as well try to take his mind off of everything. "I think I can manage a walk around town." He held up his hand and scowled at it for a moment, then looked back at her and smiled. "Yeah, let's go and get you a pipe then." Sosuke could use a good smoke himself. Truth be told, while he never did it openly in front of his crew, they all new he had one from time to time. In fact, the doc had offered him his first smoke when he had his first attack on the ship years ago. And from time Sosuke would take up a pipe to his cabin and smoke. It helped calm him down at times, times he remembered he could smoke.

Nibo was pulled along by Sidney, the other having not hesitated in grabbing his hand and pulling him into town. But as soon as they were far enough away from the shop, the navigator came to a slow pace before stopping and catching his breath. Nibo wondered if so,etching was bothering him, having caught the last glimpse the other castes towards his brother before they left. But he wouldn't ask, not unless the other wanted to talk about it. Which luckily for him he did. Apologizing, Sidney then told him exactly what had happened last night. His eyes widened when he heard his brother nearly fell, but then sighed with exasperation at how he scolded the other when he went to help. They began walking into town before Nibo decided to speak up. "Well, I wouldn't say he scolded you for no reason. He was probably worried that you had as enough guts as he did to climb up the ,sat during a storm. And if he, who knows very well how to climb, slipped, then he must have felt far more worried for you to do the same. Sosuke has some insane reflexes when he climbs, he's like a monkey. That's why he does things like that, knowing he can get away with it." With Sidney's other statement, Nibo gave him a soft smile and shook his head. "I don't think you need to be jealous of her at all. There's things you can do that I'm sure she's jealous of you over. I highly doubt Sosuke would want anyone else besides you as his navigator."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mina gave him a worried glance at his hand before nodding. She started walking off the ship, making her way to the city with her friend at her side. She saw Sidney and Nibo standing in the middle of the street, furrowing her eyebrows. She wasn't mad at the navigator for being there, she would have to deal with walking past him and feeling guilt. She nodded to Sidney as he looked at her, only for him to look away when Sosuke came into sight. She paid no mind to Nibo as she headed down the street, walking to her own destination. She looked back at Sosuke, making sure he was still following instead of getting upset about Sidney. Once they were out of the ears of the two, in the shop she needed to be, she decided it was a good time to talk. "He's not mad at you, I think he just doesn't know how to face you right now. Did you something to upset him last night? Did he do something to upset you?"

No matter the words that were spoken, he frowned. Pointing at his arm, he shrugged. "I need someone to take over for me until my wrist is healed, I think Mina would be good. I just need to teach her a few things and she'll be set to go," he said thoughtfully. It was true, even if Nibo tried to say different. He needed someone to take over and it should be Mina. Just as he said that, she and Sosuke came strolling into town, they nodded at each other before he looked away when asks me came into clear view. He couldn't face him until he got the present, the guilt of being so rude to him the night before was eating him. He grabbed Nibo's wrist, pulling him into the antique shop him and Sosuke visited a few times. "We need to find something fast before I start to cry because I feel like I'm just making it worse," he whined, holding his head with his one hand.

As soon as they had left the she and made it to town, they spotted Nibo and Sidney together. Poor Nibo was being forced away from his lover as Sosuke was his and he had no idea why. Although the brothers were being pushed away by their respected lover, they were at least being noticed by the other, whether wanted to or not was a different story. But as Mina nodded to Sidney only for the younger to nod back and quickly look away, Sosuke could only support a half smile, which showed more sadness then he meant it too. When they entered the shop, he was expecting Mina to turn on him like she did just then. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked away from her. "I climbed the mast last night during the storm." His voice was quiet, but he quickly explained why he climbed it at her expression. " the sails needed to come down, and there was no way I was letting anyone else do it. So I climbed. I lost my footing and slipped, only to end up hanging for a few moments." He fell silent for a moment then dropped his hand to his side and clenched his fist. "Sidney tried climbing up after to help me, and I got angry upon seeing him and shouted. I'm used to climbing, you know that....I was just worried he would slip like I did...and it scared me to think about it. So I shouted at him...."

Nibo was expecting to be ignored today, but he wasn't expecting it to be as harsh as it was. She didn't even acknowledge the fact he was there with Sidney. It hurt him, it really did, but he'd rather she be mad, ignoring him and living then dead and lost in the sea. He smiled at the gentle tone of Sidney's voice. "Well, I'd hope you stayed along side her to some degree, I'm sure he'd like to see his actual navigator beside him then just some fill in you decided to replace yourself with." He didn't mean to sound cross, but he also hoped Sidney would understand a little bit of what Sosuke would feel. Nibo's wrist was grabbed once more and he was pulled into an opposite shop and instantly let go. Nibo caught the words of the navigator and worried for his emotional state. "Oh, um....what, what were you thinking about that lead you straight here?"

Mina snorted at the other as she looked through the different types of pipes. Finding the Woodstock pipe, she set it on the counter. She had him grab two boxes of matches and three bags of the tobacco, not wanting to run out of it soon. She set a leather pouch in to keep everything in it. She gave him the exact amount of money for her goods, then felt guilty, giving him a tip. He gave her cloth cleaning swabs for the pipe for free. She put everything in the pouch, attaching it to her belt as she pulled the other out of the store. "Of course he would be mad over that. He did save you after all, did you at least thank him for saving your life? Don't answer that, I'm sure you were too caught up in the moment. Just apologize, I'm sure that's all he wants. For me on the other hand, Nibo knows why I'm pissed with him," she grumbled. She started walking further away from the ship, out of the towns people. If she was going to smoke, it would be out of sight. Once she had reached a good area, she started working on getting her smoke ready. She put just the right amount tobacco in, lighting it with a match. She breathed in, smiling slightly. She took her lips off, let tick the smoke between her lips go, the smoke from the tobacco filling the air. She handed it to Sosuke, practically shoving it between his lips. "It's okay, I know you. I'm fine sharing with you. Don't tell Nibo okay? I just, don't want him to think different of me."

Sidney sighed when the other asked him what lead him here. He didn't know, he wasn't thinking. He was going with the flow, trying to get his lover out of his mind, only to happen and come in the store they got the ring from. The ring. Was he still wearing it? He would never take it off right? His minor lashing outs shouldn't cause for him to take off the ring, the navigator knew this, yet he was still so scared. "It doesn't matter, does it? I just want to find something. I saw that pained looked on his face, I'm a monster I am. I just don't want him to hate me Nibo. He's gone for women all his life, now he's with a guy, I don't understand what to do. I'm afraid he'll see women as better, see something I don't have. I hated Mina in the beginning just because she was a girl. I look at the girls around this town, they are so pretty. I have none of those assets, I just, I'm a hard to please guy. I feel so lost, I don't know how to act or react with him. Not only is my gender the problem, he used to be just my captain! Then it turned into this. I wish sometimes, I was a girl. Maybe they would be better," he said softly, looking at the rings in the box. He felt like a monster so much right now, his heart ready to burst from the pain he was feeling. Sosuke meant everything to him, he just was scared he would lose him. "Hey, do me a favor and tell Sosuke this for me? I don't think I can tell him myself right now. I know it's a lot to ask, I just, I hoped you could help me with this."

Sosuke waited for Mina to buy her things before they started up the conversation again. In the mean time he looked about the shop and laid his eyes on the pipes Mina had just been looking at. They were beautiful. Hand crafted by many different people and many different occupations. When Mina bought her things and they started leaving the shop, she spoke out first. He was going to answer her question, but half way through opening his mouth she told him not to answer. So he didn't, and instead just followed her out and through the town. "Why are you so pissed at him? Last night you could barely be away from the kid, and this morning you'll barely even look at him. To be honest I feel pretty sorry for my younger brother." She had ignored him until they found a good area to start up the pipe. She took a few swigs from it as Sosuke stood next to her in silence. Only when she finished her first turn did she practically shove the pipe in his lips. He grasped the pipe and took a swig for himself. He took a breath in, long, slow and after handing her the pipe back he slowly blue the smoke out of his mouth. He sat down then and scratched the back of his head. "I doubt Nibo would ever see you differently just because of this."

Nibo shrugged at Sidney's rearking question nd just shrugged. "I suppose it doesn't." Nibo started looking around the shop as Sidney stared into a box of rings. Speaking of rings, Sosuke had made it a point to put a ring on his left finger when they first met up again. So he was the reason for the ring. He still had the ring on this morning. Nibo had noticed it when Sosuke silenced him by holding up his hand. Nibo listened quietly to Sidney rant, he really did feel sympathy for the other. But after what happened earlier, he wasn't going to let the other see it. Suddenly the other asked him for a favor. To tell Sosuke exactly what the navigator had told him just now. He thought a moment, Sidney really should be the one to tell him, but he supposed if he could't say it, then he would agree. "Alright, I'll tell him. I'm sure he won't think of you that way at all though. He loves you Sidney, I can seriously tell."

"He might say it's because he didn't let me help out on deck, keeping me on the sleeping quarters. Though that is partially my reason, it's not all of it. Sure, I was irritated he wouldn't let me help you, I could've done something, that's not it anymore though. He's treating me like I'm still a kid Sosuke," Mina murmured, taking a few more swigs, letting the smoke go up into the air. "You can't promise me that Sosuke. I'm completely different from how I was as a kid. I was against drinking and smoking, I'm doing both, add swearing like a sailor on top and their is a completely different girl than from when I was young. I think Nibo is still hung up on the past me. The weak version, the teary eyed, little princess I was. I'm no longer so fragile, I feel like you both are ignoring that. I'm okay with you treating me like a child, you've always been sort of a prick that way. With your brother, it hurts a lot more. I can't see that he loves the now me, instead, he loves the past me. Wouldn't that piss you off? Damn it all." She took a long swig, her eyes closing as the smoke filled her lungs. She gave the pipe back to Sosuke, the smoke seeping from her lips as she looked at the sky.

"Thank you so much! I owe you a lot!" Sidney lit up when the other agreed, a large smile replacing the frown that had taken over his face. "I don't think I'm going to get anything for the other, I don't even know what the guy likes. His taste seems to vary each day," he laughed, looking at Nibo. "Why not find something for Mina? Maybe you can make up with her then." He was only suggesting this when he saw how his lover had completely ignored his existence, not bothering to look at him. That must've hurt the same way it did for Sosuke. "I don't think her anger will last long, she needs to be near you. It's obvious with the way she clings and hangs onto you. I know I'm not the best lover expert, but her anger will fade. If it lasts two day, just think about how much it could be killing her too. She didn't look happy she forced herself to ignore you, she kind of just did it. I know because I've felt that same guilt before plenty of times." Mina was obviously upset she ignored her lover, she still had something to uphold, her pride to uphold.

He looked up at the sky when Mina told him what was going on with him. He let out a small laugh when she told him tht Nibo kept her from coming up on deck, which he quickly added in a "I'm glad he did." Before she continued talking, ranting. Angrily she stopped and took a swig of her pipe once more before continuing on. Sosuke stared up at the sky, but when she called him a prick he merely shot her a look as she spoke. When she finished with another puff of smoke from her pipe and passed it back to him, Sosuke took it and followed with slower puffs himself. He took three swigs before he spoke up. "Say he is...say he is looking at the past you and not the you now. Its natural you know, somewhere in his mind, even mine, we want to go back to when we were kids, we want to think that we didn't grow up and live our lives completely apart form each other. He just needs time Mina." He took a swig of the pipe again and handed it back. "Perhaps you should show him you can handle yourself, instead of shutting him out and growing angry at him." He looked up at her like he knew exactly what she was going through. He was over protective himself, and knew very well what he had put Sidney through just days before, and even now.

Nibo smiled at the change of expression on Sidney's face. If he was able to help te two out in the end, he supposed it wouldn't hurt to do this for them. He tried looking around the shop for something that might do good for Sidney, but at the other's decision to not get anything he stopped looking. "Sosuke never did good with gifts when he was a kid. Often he would pass them on to other kids." Nibo laughed. "I found out later those kids got less then what we got, and Sosuke always tried helping them. I think he would want something better anyway. Perhaps his lover at his side would be best." Nibo sent him a small hint before the other told him to look for something for Mina. "Ah, I uh, I wouldn't really know what to get. I know some navigation tools, maybe even scholarly tools would please her. But...I don't know what she already has or doesn't." He rubbed at the back of his head before Sidney decided to cheer him up now. Nibo let a small smile grace his lips. "It hurts, and I know she has reason to be upset. But...Thanks Sidney. You know, I'm really glad I met you. That your the one keeping Sosuke in place." His smile grew a little bigger at that.

"I know this very well. I resent the past now though. This is why I'm afraid to let him see me smoking, even drinking is going far. I'm scared if rip that image he has of the younger me away, he'll push me away. You may not understand it, that's because you aren't the one dealing with the past controlling how you look today. You're still you, just older, and maybe a bit more mature," she snapped, taking longer swigs. She tapped the pipe, some of the tobacco falling out, giving it back to her friend. "You aren't affected by my smoking because you do it. It'll be different for Nibo. You and I both know this, even if you won't admit it." Mina rubbed her temples as she sighed loudly, dealing with the conflict of feelings. "Think long and hard back to the past. I've always been trying to show you I can handle myself, even when I was a kid. I caught those snakes to seem strong, Nibo then became weary of my actions and started to hold me back from danger. It's happening now. Sure, it as just the storm, think about the things that can happen in the future. I love him, I love him a lot. I love the him he is now than the past, that's not being reciprocated by him and it hurts like hell. We aren't on the same page. I just... How am I supposed to..." Her eyes started to water, rubbing her eyes, yanking her pipe back and taking longer swigs as the tears began to roll down her cheeks.

"Why does it need to be those kinds of things?" Sidney grabbed a bracelet, showing it to Nibo. "It's simple, yet it's elegant. You need to start taking a risk with her, go outside the box." He put the bracelet back, looking around that may fit Mina's personality. "I'm glad at times, other times I'm not. I'm not sure I'm even the best fit for him at times. However, I couldn't imagine him with anyone else. Does that make me a selfish person?" He hummed, continuing to help Nibo look around. None of the jewelry worked for Mina, either too fancy, or too bland. Mina was right in the middle, a perfect fit with her was something dangerous yet pretty. His eyes scanned around, falling on a pocket knife. It has an elegant design with stones imbedded in it. He made Nibo look at the knife, turning his head in it's direction. "How about that knife? I think she would appreciate it a lot."

Sosuke could understand how he felt, and deep down he imagined just exactly what he and Nibo were putting her through. When she tapped out some tobacco from the pipe, she passed it back to him. He took a swig of the pipe once and held it in his hands, examining it. Sosuke tilted his head to the sky as she spoke. He had no words to say to her as she ranted on bout her feelings. But he knew just what he and his brother were putting her through. They were both over protective men who didn't know how to let the ones they loved free. They hovered over them, trapped them and never let the experience life's adventures. Before he could take another swig, Mina had grabbed the pipe from his hand and took one herself. He stared at her with a small smile. "I guess the two of us really are a bunch of idiots. Talk to him Mina...don't yell and incite things at him. Really talk to him. Tell him how your feeling about how he's treating you. Leaving him in the dark like this is not going to help your situation." Little did Sosuke know that the same thing he was saying applied to him as well.

"What do you mean?" At Sidney's question Nibo looked questioningly at him as the other reached for a bracelet. Nibo let his mouth drop into an 'O' shape as the bracelet was held out in front of him. "Jewelry. Do you think she's the kind of girl to wear any? I mean, I don't see her wearing any now." Sidney had ignored his question for a moment only to answer Nibo from his last statement. Nibo stopped looking around and smiled at the other. "I wouldn't say your selfish at all. I'd say you were in love. Its only natural to want to monopolize that person." They contiuned to look around the shop until Sidney had spotted something that caught his eye. Nibo was in another part of the shop when he heard Sidney call out to him. When Nibo came to stand beside him, Sidney mentioned to the knife. Nibo looked at it with eyes of interest. He flipped it over to look at the continuing design that wrapped around the hilt. Nibo nodded. "I think this would work. I think she would like this a lot." He smiled at Sidney before taking it the shop keeper and purchasing the knife. It came with a little holster, just as beautiful as the knife itself. Nibo paid for the knife and thanked the man before heading back over to Sidney, a smile on his face.

Mina gave the pipe back, wiping her cheeks. "You're the first then. Stop treating me like I'm still a fragile kid Sosuke. I've changed in the years, I'm a new person. Look at the present me, not the past," she said in a calm tone, taking deep breaths. "Still, don't tell him about me smoking. I'll tell him when I want to." She grabbed the pipe back, dumping the tobacco on the ground. She lifted her foot, tapping her pipe on her heel, getting the rest of it out. She examined the inside, scraping small pieces out with her finger, dumping it all out. She squished he smoking tobacco on the ground with foot. "Let's go find them, shall we? Ignoring him all day is going to be hell for me. Plus, you should talk with Sidney anyway. He's insecure, don't forget that. Be wary of your choice of words." She put her pipe back in the pouch, walking off back towards the city. Luckily as she made it in and made her way back to the ship, Nibo and Sidney were heading that way as well. She ran up, grabbing Nibo's hand, pulling back in the direction she had come from. "You're coming with me for a bit." She passed Sosuke, giving him the look before continuing to pull her lover away from the ship.

Sidney smiled widely, glad the other did get it and take the advice from him. "Selfish means love? I guess I'm terribly head over heels for that man," she sighed out, watching the other buy the knife. "Yeah, I think I'll just not get anything for Sosuke. The ring is enough for now right?" He questioned as Nibo came back. He walked out of the store, deciding it was time to head back. Instead of getting something for Sosuke, they got something to make up for Mina. She really was weird with her feelings, changing them from one to another. As they were heading half to the ship. He watched Nibo get pulled behind him, only to see Mina dragging him away. He snickered, knowing he was right about her needing to be with him. When the navigator saw his own lover, he dipped his head apologetically, unsure what to say. He walked over to the man, intertwining their fingers with his free hand, pulling him towards the ship. "I can't use my arm for awhile. Now I know how you feel when you got shot." He laughed, ignoring what they needed to actually talk about.

Sosuke took the pipe back as she handed it to him, then took one last swig before he decided he'd smoked enough. He looked up at Mina who decided he would be a good starting point with making them see she was different. He smiled as he looked away. "Your right. As important as you are, I forced you to keep a safe distance from everything. And I do it to the others as well." He nodded to himself and looked up at Mina. "I guess we will both start changing. I won't hover over you anymore, and I'll start to see the woman you've become, instead of the girl you used to be." He handed the pipe as she reached for it and took one final swig before she too decided that was it. Stomping out the tobacco as he stood up. "I have no reason to tell him. I'll leave it to you until your ready. And just try to keep an open mind to the fact he just might be fine with it." He waited a little longer, hands on his hips as she put the pipe away and together they left for the ship. He grasped her hand for a moment. "Mina, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting towards you." Sosuke let a smile grace his lips before he began walking away. Before reaching the ship they found the other two heading for the ship as well. Mina dashed out to grab Nibo and before they knew it the two were gone. Sosuke stood speechless next to Sidney, who also had nothing to seemingly say. But when Sidney intertwined their fingers together, Sosuke's hopes brightened. He returned the favor oh his fingers around Sidney's and together they walked back to the ship. At Sidney's joke, Sosuke laughed with him. "Ah, it's not all that bad." Then he stopped and stared at the ground. Pulling Sidney back from walking on. "Sidney....I'm sorry for shouting at you. I got scared when I saw you on the mast." He looked up at Sidney a sad smile on his lips.

When Nibo returned, clutching the knife in both his hands, Sidney had answered his previous question. "I think the ring will be plenty for him, with you by his side he won't need anything else." Nibo nodded, a smile mimicking that of Sidney's when Nibo left to purchasing the knife. They left for the ship, now having what they left it for. About half way there, however, Nibo was stopped in his tracks as a hand reached out to grab his own. Mina's voice was clear as day as she pulled him away from Sidney, and now Sosuke as he saw his brother. "Wait, where are-" he cut off his words when Mina pulled him along. He decided to stay quiet and follow behind her as she lead him to a place. He was worried, the force of her pulling meant that she must have still been mad, but yet she was ignoring him anymore? He could only hope whatever the case, he would be able to pass her the gift he got and she would like it enough to keep it. His fingers clutched around the knife harder, luckily it was still in its holster.

Mina continue to drag him along, returning to the place where her and Sosuke were when they were smoking the pipe. She scrunched her nose as the smell of tobacco was still fresh in the air. Was it on her as well? Then there was no point in trying to hide it from her lover. She sat down on the grass, tugging him down to sit with. Once he was seated, she climbed into his lap and cupped his cheeks. "I love you, I love you a lot Nibo. But right now, you aren't allowed to say anything until I'm done talking. I feel like you are still seeing me as the kid I used to be, not who I am now. I think you still see that fragile girl I was, easier to break. I'm not like that anymore. You're still holding me back, from danger. I'm not talking about the storm, I'm talking about how it's always been. When I caught those snakes, you latched to protect me, stopping me from doing what I did best. I'm different from that little girl you fell in love with. I smoke, I drink, I use vulgar language, I even have dirty thoughts about you and me, even if I'm a virgin, I'm not naive. However, I don't think you understand that. I hate to say it, I'm glad we got separated. It built us to who were are today. I finally stopped relying on you and Sosuke to save me, standing up for myself. You aren't as much as a pushover, you've grown to stop being bidding in your brother's shadow. I love the now you, is it the same?"

Sidney was happily walking along, glad they didn't talk about the issue of the night before. He spoke too soon. His lover had stopped him dead in his tracks, bringing up the mast incident. "It's fine. I was scared too, I just, I saw you were about to slip, panicked kicked in. My only thought when I was climbing up was save Sosuke," he laughed weakly, looking back. He really didn't want to say it himself, he wanted Nibo to say it for him. It was now or never. "It's not your fault, last night, before the storm even hit. That was me. I was upset I couldn't pin point the winds, then I found out Mina did it, I guess the jealous feeling took over. I'm worried, that there are going to be girls better than me who will catch your eye. I think that's my biggest fear, losing you to a girl. You've just, never been with a guy before, I feel insecure to be standing beside you. I don't want you to be looked down upon because you're with a guy. Sorry. I guess I just worry too much sometimes, I keep letting my emotions get the better of me."

Nibo kept his pace wit mina as she pulled him along. The scenery changed quickly from the port where they just were, through the town and now here, on a hillside just outside of the town. She kept his hand in hers as a small whiff of tobacco caught him off guard. It wasn't something he so easily freaked at, everyone smoked in this age. But there was barely a breeze here, so where exactly was it coming from? His hand was pulled when he noticed Mina was sitting and pulling him down with her. As soon as he sat down she turned on him and sat right in his lap, cupping his cheeks. "Mina, what-?" She cut him off, instantly speaking a demanding that he not talk until she was done. At the thought of holding her back, worrying over her for nothing, not being the girl he used to know, his eyes dropped down and stared at the button of her shirt. He thought about it and supposed what she said was true. He was still living in the past now that they had met up. She had grown up, changed her views on life, become someone to stand beside and not in front. He let a small understanding smile cross his features. But as soon as she mentioned having dirty thoughts about the two of them, his cheeks flared with red and he grasped her wrists and held them. But he didn't say anything, she told him he couldn't. So he stayed quiet. When she finally finished, neither of them moved, or said anything else. His reddened cheeks, lost the dark red and paled to a pink. His smile returned and he turned his head, towards her hand and kissed her palm. He looked back up at her after a moment of his eyes being closed against her palm. "Yeah....it's the same. I'm in love....I love the Mina who sits in front of me."

Sosuke brought his free hand up towards Sidney's cheek as the other spoke. "I had no reason to shout at you. The storm just...I knew it was getting bad, and I didn't want anyone getting hurt. The fact that you wouldn't check your already injured hand set me on edge too. I hate seeing you hurt..." Sosuke waited for the other to speak, clearly realizing he had more to say, even if he was struggling to say it. But once Sidney did speak, Sosuke stayed quiet until he was done. When he finished Sosuke let out a relieved chuckle. "You know, your not the only one who feels that way. You've never been with a guy either, and your fucking adorable. Any girl....or guy, can just come and snatch you away, and that scares me. Anything that involves you scares me. I could care less about what others see in me, I'm already a bountied pirate, what more then to be looked down at by others more then I already am." He brought his hand from Sidney's cheek up to wipe back some of his hair. "And it's okay to be jealous, it's what helps people grow. Hell, sometimes I even get jealous. Mina is Mina, she studies things that no pirate normally would. You naturally learned about navigating, and learned from an old fool who I, pretty sure has gone quietly insane." He let out a sigh before chuckling once more and finishing what he wanted to say. "What I mean is....your learning to read the skies by your own sheer talent, Mina reads it by constantly studying it. At the end of it, you have more talent then she will."

"I'm glad. I expect you to treat me like the women I am now, not that kid I used to be," Mina said cheerfully, smiling as the other kissed her palm. "What were you going to say earlier? You look like you bit your tongue." She laughed, referring to when his face turned as red as a tomato. She was curious to hear now, looking at him expectantly. Before he could talk, the raven haired decided to steal a quick few kisses. Then she had stopped, allowing for Nibo to finally speak. She was so glad he had decided to accept the now her, so she wouldn't have to deal with trying to be the her that she wasn't anymore. Nibo finally belonged to her as she belonged to him, their feelings finally being expressed and known by each other. She hated thinking she had to continue to be the fragile kid she was before, relying on everyone else to come save her. That wasn't her anymore, she learned to take care of herself, she needed to be let to do her own thing and show she wouldn't be held down by simple minded ideas of how she used to be in the past. This was the present her.

"Adorable? Me? You're the one who looks good, trust me," Sidney laughed through the tense moment The eyes of the women naturally would fall on him, he was a handsome man. Of course anyone standing next to Sosuke would get conscious of themselves, especially when he got all the attention. "You say that now, I'm not so sure it's true. Mina had stated she was hitching many rides with different ships, I'm sure she's a natural learner as well. Which leads me to my next point, let her take my place on the ship until my arm is healed. The doctor won't let me do much until it is, you need someone to navigate, she's my choice for the next in line. She only needs a few pointers and she would be set. Maybe have your brother help her draw some maps just so they can learn if they do leave." He looked at the other, giving a small smile. It wasn't big, it was hard for him to give up his position, even if it was temporary. Sosuke surely had to know this without it being said by his navigator, especially with his unhappy look.

While kissing her palm, Nibo had been caught off guard when Mina asked him about earlier. His cheeks were still slightly pink from that last remark she mentioned. Nibo's eyes widened at the question before his lips were occupied in quick kisses. He returned them without doubt, but he wasn't sure what he was going to say once the kisses ended. And to his dismay they did, quicker then he was hoping for. Nibo's blush deepened as he noticed Mina waiting for him to talk. He looked away slightly and mumbled the words. Unfortunately they were too incoherent to even hear when sitting right in front of him. And the look on Mina's face told him so. So he turned back to her, took in a breath and tried again. He grasped her hands and held them in his as he looked back at her. "I...I have the same thoughts too. I've had them, back then too...." He felt embarrassed, but he wasn't going to back down from telling her. Heck, she just came out and told him everything that was making her feel upset, adding in the select few words he blushed at.

"Yes Sidney, adorable. I can't help but think that of you. No matter how many times I try to look away, my eyes naturally draw back to you." Sosuke's brows knit forward, bu he wasn't exactly frowning, nor was he upset. He was just trying to make his navigator, his lover, that he had no reason to worry about some woman coming along and snatching Sosuke away. But as soon as Sidney had commented on his skills of navigating his mouth formed a frown then. He was upset when his last navigator retired, thinking the man had skill he never wanted to cease. But as soon as he was introduced the former navigators apprentice, who he already knew had passed him in skill, Sosuke was sure he wouldn't want any other. And now, he was standing in front of the present navigator, being told he has to deal with a fill in until his arm is healed. Sure Mina had skill, he witnessed that first hand. But he wanted Sidney there, not his best friend. But instead of making some scene, Sosuke only took in a deep breath and sighed. "Is that your decision because of your arm? Or because you still think she has more navigating skill then you? Sidney your amazing! Please....remember that." His hands fell to his side.

Mina had a catlike smile on her face when the other finally spoke up after mumbling it out. She couldn't underwater him at all, now she could, hearing every word as clear as day. "Don't be embarrassed! Normal, that's normal," she hummed, kissing him once more. The look on his face was adorable, a grown man getting embarrassed over admitting he was having dirty thoughts about his girlfriend. This obviously showed their levels of innocence, she had none. She was willing to say it outright with no problem. She didn't flinch, she didn't hesitate, she just said it, knowing he would get embarrassed by it. Now that he admitted to the same thing, she just found it really cute. His cheeks were so red, he looked like the embarrassed child who had confessed to her that night. "It's okay. Mine didn't start until you left, but it's normal to have them. Stop turning your face away! I want to see it!" She was teasing him, kissing him over and over, then picking on his embarrassment. She couldn't help it, he was so innocent and naive, almost just as much as before.

Sidney laughed when the other continued to call him adorable, his cheeks turning a bit pink from the compliment. He Carrie don though, his lover saying his eyes always wandered to him. This did make him feel secure about their relationship. Now he knew that no girl could hold his attention long enough to steal him away, he wounding make sure to hog all of his lovers attention now that he finally had a chance to do so. However, this fuzzy feeling dropped when the other seemed to panic about giving Mina his position for a bit. That wasn't his original intention, he just wanted to be able to mentor somebody and teach them. He was jealous of the girl, that didn't mean he would just give her his position, he still held that dearly to his heart. Mina would have to fight for it if she truly wanted it. "No! No! Only because of my arm! I promise you, I just can't do it myself right now! Calm down, it's okay. Thank you, breathe. It's just for a bit, don't get too worried," he murmured softly, giving the other as soft smile.

"I can't help it you know...that's just my character. And....its just embarrassing, okay!" Nibo tried with all his might to seem stronger then he was feeling right now. But to his disappointment, it was getting him no where. He was kissed again. Clearly being watched closely as his reactions and expressions were studied. He tried to turn away from her overpowering presence, but she soon had him drawn back to face her. He was kissed over and over again, those quick pecks Mina so dearly loved to give. He wasn't going to deny them, and made sure to return the kisses. But he still couldn't manage the strength he needed to stop her teasing. Teasing, that soon had him laughing along with her. There was no way he could be upset at her for it. Even he realized how innocent and child like he was being.

Sosuke was glad to see that his words had calmed to the other down. He had caught smile of his lover as he mentioned his field of being adorable, or how his vision was always filled with Sidney. The lightness he felt made him feel better, but the words he had spoken soon after had Sidney losing the smile Sosuke had just gotten back. "Your arm? That's the only reason?" Sosuke took a breath and sighed out before reaching for the others free hand. "Sorry, I....get too over protective when it comes to you. If I lost you as a navigator and as a lover...I don't know what I would do." He flipped Sidney's hand over in his own over and over as he spoke, but when he had finished, he brought Sidney's hand up to his lips and kissed his fingers. Then he stepped against him, wrapping his arms around his shoulders. "God, I love you so much."

"Nibo," she called out to him, kissing him longer now. Mina's kisses kept getting longer and longer each time, until she finally was just siting their, kissing him gently. She didn't pull back until she needed air, which only lasted a few seconds before she was kissing him again. Now the longer kisses felt nice, that she didn't have to remain in a childlike form she took on, now she was free to kiss him however she wanted. Now that she saw how cute he could really be, she wanted to pull more of those reaction out of him. She found it absolutely adorable the way he still acted like he did when he was a child, when it came to the adult world he felt shy about visiting. It showed their maturity level and the difference between them in general. Nibo was mature about it, serious yet shy. Mina used it in any way she could, jokes or statements, not being shy one bit when it came to speaking. Hell, even she was randomly with the actions she did, such as licking Nibo's bottom lip. At some point in the kiss, she felt the urge to see if she could push him a little bit farther, licking slowly along his bottom lip, trying to ignite something in her lover.

"It's fine, don't worry. Even if I am jealous of Mina, I'm never going to give up my position on the deck that easily. I fought for it the first time, I'll continue to fight for it. Don't worry. I'm not going to leave you as your lover nor your navigator. I swear upon my life on the seas," he hummed, smiling when Sosuke had taken their hands together in one. He may not be able to use one arm, that didn't mean he was completely useless. He could still help point in the correct direction, however, he just couldn't do anything that involved maps or compasses for the time being. He needed two hands, he was limited to one. Plus, their doctor was so strict he probably wouldn't even be leaving the sleeping quarters often if it was up to the man. "I love you too." The I love you'd made his heart go crazy, his smile only getting wider on his face. His cheeks started to flush lightly as his heart could be heard in his ears. Love was an amazing thing, it did amazing things to people. He was glad his captain was going to be his first and only love if the gods allowed for it.

Nibo's heart picked up pace, at the sound of Mina's soft spoken voice calling out his name. It made his ears ring, the sound of his own voice from her lips burning inside him. Her feather light and quick kisses were growing longer, more sensual. he was liking these new kisses from his lover. He brought his hands up to rest on her hips, to hold her as she held him, but very lightly. She broke a kiss for a moment to breathe, his pink cheeks and his hazily lustful eyes shining back at her own. Then she pressed against him again, continuing their kissing. He broke though a kiss himself at one point, but only to close his eyes and silently call out her name as well. The sound of her name on his lips sent shivers through his skin. He had said her name over and over again during the years they were separated. But it was only to fill the void he felt in his chest at her not being by his side anymore. Now it was different, she was here, in front of him. Heck they were even kissing like he always wanted to. When he felt Mina's tongue dart out and lick along his bottom lip, he let out a small moan. He slowly opened his mouth a little more, wondering if this was what she wanted him to do. He'd certainly find out soon enough.

Sosuke liked the sound of Sidney staying, had he not, Sosuke was going to go crazy and fight for him to stay. The fact that he was only asking Mina to help him until he healed made Sosuke feel better. The smile that graced Sidney's lips made him feel that they were able to come to an understanding easily enough. At least, without having a shouting fit at one another and stomping off angrily like they'd done many times before. Sosuke's smile matched Sidney's bright one when the other announced his own love for the older pirate. Sosuke leaned down and kissed Sidney's temple, then his cheek, then straightened back up. "I really thought I would end up going crazy just now. It scared me thinking I'd done something to make you leve my side like that." He kept Sidney in his embrace, not wanting to let him go. And by the looks of things, he had sometime before the other two came back before they couldn't hold each other so tightly. Well, not that Sosuke would stop. Had he was allowed, he'd show his love easily for the oother pirate in front of the crew.