Hidden Masterminds (Bloodbunny, me, 18+, private)

Arekushisu

overgrown_by_joakimolofsson-d4yx6ky.jpg

This story is shown from two points of view, the mastermind and his assistant who have come up with a life-threatening disease to kill millions and the survivors trying to live during this time. Neither interact with one another but yet their fates are still in one anothers hands as we go through the story.

After years and years of planning and careful experimentation, Mashimo Katsumi finally did it. He created the fast moving disease BYA-218. A mutated strand of rabies mixed with the common flu virus, it changes if victims into mutated, gross beings. Humans no longer look like humans, they may have extra heads, legs arms, etc. or they may just be crazy. The disease makes the infected thirst for a fresh kill every few hours, they don't have to eat the kill but they do live off of fresh meat so it doesn't hurt them to get a snack on the way. Why he did this? Well after graduating form college at 20 he set of straight for his dream, destroy man kind and the evils it had created in not only his life but many others. Katsumi's father never believed in him, so he used his dear old dad to experiment the first disease strand on. After trial and error the BYA-218 disease is fully up and running and is now coursing through the veins of the living dead.

Haruta Yuki on the other hand, is trying to live during this time. It's hard, he never had any survival instincts because he was a journalist so living out here he is having to learn all new techniques to stay alive. Now four years after the outbreak, he is capable of keeping himself alive by running, but the act of killing the dead is something he can't bring himself to do. Even if they are coming after him, his parents whom abused him as a child are now long gone yet he mourns their deaths. He searches for a new home, a place where people like himself can depend on one another in a sanctuary. Little did he know he would meet a strange photographer who would show him kindness, and skills he never knew he was capable of learning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a normal day during the apocalypse. Nothing happing out of the ordinary, men with guns stood on top of the watch tower next to a large electric fence which storied over the buildings that it guarded from the world outside. Even though the land, and its people, were dead and ruined this small patch of untouched land was fully intact. This was the Mashimo facility, a large white building which glass windows looking out from its pale face. It was overlooking small buildings below it which housed Mashimo Katsumi's workers. He knew that after he would create the disease, the people who helped him would want to stay safe from its horrible demise. So he made sure that there were plenty of homes for the men and women who worked for him and their families. However, he did miscalculate, and some families needed to share homes, but luckily they were large enough that they could live comfortably with one another.

Katsumi himself had to share a home with another, though instead of taking a family, he listed his assistant as his roommate. They were close friends due to working in such close quarters with one another, and the tight fit didn't bother him much. After the outbreak, and the success of his careful planned disease, there was still work to be done. Observations on the people living under these conditions and he had to weed out the immune. He needed to create another form of the strand, to where it would infect not just the normal people but the immune as well. The problem was, no matter how hard he looked he was unable to find the survivors of his disease. He knew they existed, but the soldiers being dispatched to search for them never found a trace of living beings anywhere nearby or states away.

He was becoming frustrated, he sat in his desk chair tapping a pin against his lips. His white hair laced his forehead and he sighed causing a small tuft to dance upwards. "I don't understand...where could they be hiding...?" he asked himself out loud looking out the large window which overlooked his entire base. He knew it was the only one like it, but word must have gotten out to the people surviving that this place was not safe to them. If Katsumi got his hands on the survivors he would rid the Earth of them just as soon as they asked to come through the gates.

He took off his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose, he couldn't take the stress right now. He had spent such a long time to fulfill his only dream. And even now it was unfulfilled. He slid the glasses back on and swiveled to his desk picking up his cellphone. His base was also the only place with working electricity, phones, and internet. He clicked his assistants number and waited patiently for the dial tone to stop. When he got a voicemail he sighed remembering that he had let him take the day off. At the tone he groaned, "I may come home early, I'm tired of working. Plus, I have no one to talk to because you're not here. Call me if you get this and I'll get you something for dinner." he said and hung up.

They had a friendly relationship, they did each other favors but all and all he was still the boss. No matter what happened the man had to listen to Katsumi, whether he liked it or not.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuki sighed and picked up his clothes, pulling the shirt over his shoulders buttoning it up. He looked at the dog next to him and smiled letting his fingers run through the course hair of his white husky. "Come on Lady time to get up." he chuckled when she groaned and he leaned down kissing her head. "I know I know, but its time to get moving, they'll be here before noon and we have to be long gone by then." He smiled seeing her stand and stretch. He did the same and stepped out of the small tent he had pitched the night before. He slept in his jeans, just in case he had to pick up camp before dawn and run.

He put his shoes on and sighed starting the long process of packing up. It was just like a normal day in the wasteland, everything was dim. However, against the dirt and grim of nothing there was life. Trees and plants grew up in the abandoned buildings in the cities and highways allowing for more areas to find food and shelter. He still searched however, for that camp he so wanted to find. He was lonely, lady only kept him slight company, but he lacked the want of another person.

After picking up his tent and his things he whistled for Lady and didn't start walking till he saw her come running from the bushes nearby. She was a good dog, animals were unable to contract the disease, and it seems that Yuki was immune from the airborne form of the virus. Which means that if he was going to be infected he would have to be bitten by one of the infected. He smiled softly as Lady ran up ahead of him and he started to walk. They were on an old highway, going away from the city they had just ran through. Infected were on their tail and they were running. Luckily for them they were slow moving victims and it allowed for an easy quick escape from the infected.

He longed so much for a home, a place he could lay down his head, every night, and sleep without a real care. He wanted a friend, someone he could talk to about whatever he wanted. Right now, his small journal was the only thing keeping him sane. He wrote in it every night, talking about what he would feel and how much he longed for that small friend. As he walked the day seemed to go by quickly and before he knew it he was coming up on what looked like to be a small city. He picked up the pace and he whistled to Lady motioning her to stay close to him and she did. Trotting up next to his right leg, he scanned the horizon and noticed many people moving among the area.

He slowed slightly and studied them, they were moving unlike the walkers did. He smiled brightly and he started running. He made sure Lady stayed at his side and he slid his gun onto his back keeping it out of his hands so they wouldn't assume he was going to shoot. He knew once he got closer he would have to walk do to them probably being armed but he wanted it. He ran like he never had before, by the time he was close enough to walk his legs were burning and his lungs felt like they were going to explode. He laughed softly and approached the large structure before him, which was the gates to his salvation. The survivor camp.

728e84c50df260a02059490fcdd6e97f.jpg

Name: Mashimo Katsumi

Grew up with only a father, he was strict and unyielding when it came to punishments and school. He went to three major colleges and graduated all three before he was 25 having graduated from high school at 14. He really was a master mind and a genius. Now he works for his own company running a lab which is working on a fast growing disease to kill hundreds of people because he hates the world.

adorable-anime-anime-boy-anime-cute-Favim.com-2196521.jpg

Name: Haruta Yuki

Occupation before outbreak: Journalist for newspaper

Yukie used to love the world until it fell into ruin, now that it is no longer safe to live he must find a new home with new people to keep himself out of the hands of the walking dead. He was raised by his mother and father however both were abusive to him and his father raped him many times yet his mother kept her mouth shut. He is traumatized and its hard for him to get close to anyone because of it but its what makes him a good writer.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodbunny

• Arekushisu

th?&id=OIP.M2e8e4603a38196e4d4743362cc2cc453H0&w=300&h=178&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Name: Takumi Hayate

Job: photographer

Takumi grew up with all male siblings, before havoc broke out he was attending college, Takumi has a rather straight forward but not rube attitude and is always ready to jump into action.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqoaerxqWBf4KWclb0-1tHOArx-oOqvBuY6MTZCy0tBhhcDVKCEg

Name Nobuyuki Yuu

Age 28

job: assistant

Very little is known about Nobuyuki other then the fact that he is very mysterious and has multiple negative and positive rumors about himself floating around the lab that he works in.

Yuu was at home taking the day off when he heard the phone ring from the kitchen he franticly made his way to the phone but the ringing stopped as soon as he got there.

"I may come home early, I'm tired of working. Plus, I have no one to talk to because you're not here. Call me if you get this and I'll get you something for dinner."
Once Yuu heard his boss's voice he regretted not answering the phone and waited for the message to finish before beginning to dial the phone then call the other male back.

"Sorry about not getting to the phone on time I was cooking dinner to surprise you, you said some time ago that you hadn't eaten a home cooked meal in a while so I thought I'd surprise you...sorry about not telling you up until now.... I know you're not to found of surprises but I think that you might like this one...I-I got to go the rice is about to boil over!" Yuu said in a sate of panic as he hung up the phone and quickly tended to the rice preventing it from boiling over by a few seconds.

Within the walls of the camp where groups of people of many age , some playing games wither it was with cards or with friends, overall everyone inside of the camp seemed rather happy.

The small group that had headed out late last night was finally arriving back home from hunting down scraps and supplies since at the time given they would take anything they could find that might come in handy.

Hayate happened to be on guard at the front gate that morning he had still been tired from all the running and stress that they were all currently facing, Hayate laid leaned against the bars of the fast asleep, woken up by the sound of distant footsteps he snapped to an aware state and looked around but calmed down a bit seeing that it was a couple people from the group returning from gathering scraps and such, looking around once more he realized that their was a new person on the grounds and gave the quick look up and down, he looks healthy he thought to himself before approaching the male.

"Hello Im Hayate I'm currently on guard, what might your name be?" Hayate noticed the dog at the other males side and smiled pulling out a large dog bone out of his pocket and giving it to the dog.

"Its nice to see another dog lover." Hayate smiled before offering his hand out for the other male to shake.

Katsumi sighed setting his phone on the desk before tapping his fingers on the mat his computer sat on. Once he heard the phone ring he smiled and picked it up, he said hello then listened to the mans explanation. "You know I don't like that stuff...anyway...I hope its good. I'll head home early alright? I'll see you in a bit. And thank you for making dinner." he said and then was cut off by the boys frantic voice having to go fix the rice.

He stood and grabbed his laptop sliding it into his bag before hefting it over his shoulder. He grabbed his overcoat and left his room, locking it once he was out. He didn't trust people, and he knew no one here would mess with him, but that doesn't mean he was going to leave it unlocked. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he walked through Yuu's office locking that door behind him as well. He then left the white building easily saying hello or nodding to the people who passed him in the halls on his way out.

Outside, it was just like any other day. Children were coming home from school and their parents were going home as well, or at least some of them. There were other odd jobs on the base besides working in the facility. The base had small food joints, where you could get fast food or go in and eat some real food. There were even clothing stores and small factories to make the clothing not far away. It was a small city, and he had made all of it. His home was behind the facility enclosed in an iron gate, keeping his home away from those of the other folk. Some larger houses sat around his own, for people at the higher ranks of his business but mostly it was elites then the younger class down by the front fence.

He unlocked the gate closing it and locking it behind him, before walking up to the door and opening it. "I'm home! I hope you didn't burn down the house!" He yelled taking his shoes off at the door. He sat his phone, coat, and laptop on the small table beside the door. He walked into the kitchen smelling the air, "Something smells good Yuu. What did you cook up for me?" he asked looking over the mans shoulder trying to get a view of what he was making. He was rolling up his shirt sleeves and he loosened his tie.

Yuki smiled brighter as he looked up at the tall building noticing gunners at the ready casually moving about waiting for their next big hit. The doors started to open and he laughed, they knew he was coming? But then he looked across and noticed a small party of men running up to the doors with guns in their hands and bags over their shoulders, probably full of supplies. He chuckled and he walked slowly up to the gates.

He was shocked to see a friendly, and very handsome face running up to him and he smiled bightly. "Hello, My name is Haruta Yukie, its nice to meet you. And thats Lady...she's very happy to see you too considering you have that for her." he chuckled and reached down touching her face with his fingers. She whimpered to him and he nodded to her and she sat down. "I'm sorry to intrude, but I've been walking for days and I had infected on my tail yesterday...she and I are just looking for a place to stay with a nice safe area where we can actually enjoy some of this life.." he said weakly pushing the black hair out of his face. He looked up at the figure and blushed, "I know there may not be room for us....so many people have traveled here after the news got out about you guys on the radio channels, but if you could spare a tent space or even just a tent with someone else I would gladly take it." He said and smiled softly up to the man.

Yuu laughed softly as he was greeted by the other yelling across the house.

"I'm home! I hope you didn't burn down the house!"
" Don't worry you'd be surprised by the fact that I can actually cook decently after hearing that frantic little talk over the phone." Yuu smiled softly at the others question.

"Its a chicken stir-fry with a lemon sauce and mixed vegetables I didn't know what you prefer so I made something not t o sweet or spicy, It's actually ready right now you have good timing." Yuu stated while turning the stove off.

"grab a seat at the table and ill bring the food over." Yuu said as he filled two bowls and went over and placed them at the two place mats at the table where utensils had already been placed.

"Nice to meet you both, we'll be glad to accept you two along as you don't slack off, you could probably help in the dining hall until you gather a bit more strength...you look like you need to fill your stomach and hit the hay." Hayate laughed softly, a young man approached and took over the shift.

"Come along with me, I'm in a big tent so we can share...I found a husky pup the other day and brought it to my tent I hope the two can get along." Hayate stated as they made their way to his tent and went inside where Hayate offered him hot chocolate, picking up the small pup in his arms he brought him over to the other male.

"Do you think he'll be ok? I couldn't really tell." the pup seemed fine other then a bit of fatigue.

Katsumi sighed and he nodded sitting down at the table getting the napkin under his silverwear and laying it on his lap. "That sounds really good actually, I never said you couldn't cook just that at that moment it sounded like you may have burned down the house." he chuckled and took the bowl from Yuu setting it down on his placemat. He picked up his fork and smiled at Yuu, "Thank you again for making me something, I'm sure it will be fantastic." he then took a bite after blowing on it and he smiled humming. "Like I expected! Its delicious Yuu! See you cook for me, then four months goes by without another homecooked meal!" he chuckled teasing the younger man.

Yuki smiled brightly, he wanted to throw his arms around Hayate but he knew that would probably be looked down upon. He nodded, "I promise I'll do whatever is needed, I don't mind doing extra work or anything. As for food and nice sleep, I've been needing that for four years now..." he laughed softly and shook his head following the handsome man to his tent. He looked about once they were inside and tilted his head to the side motioning for Lady to sit where his bed would be. "She is a good dog, I doubt she will have any proublems with your pup. I trained her well, when she feels I'm threatened she gets angry and protects me, but long as I'm' alright so is she." he said and smiled taking the puppy from the other male.

He examined him and touched his paws smiling, "He looks great actually, other than needing some good food and alot of sleep he will be alright. Dogs are immune from the disease..unlike us...so even if he was bitten, if it healed up okay he would still be able to live with you." he smiled and took the hot chocolate form him too. "How do you guys have this stuff? I haven't found anything remotely as good as hot chocolate in awhile..." he laughed and took a drink his hand caressing the puppies head before laying it down on what he assumed was Hayate's bed.

Yuu soon sat down at the table with the other male.

"That's understandable." He laughed softly at the others statement before eating a forkful of his food.

"Im glad you like it.' Yuu smiled softly.

"Don't worry I'll make sure to cook for you more often when I can." Yuu stated as he cleaned up his dishes and put on the kettle and began to wait for it to boil.

"Want some coffee or tea? I bought a few new blends today." Yuu stated as he pulled a few bags of coffee out of the bag along with a few boxes of teas bags all different types, he set them down in front of the other male.

"You have never told me your preference...oh yeah I also bought some strawberry shortcake if you want some."

" I named the pup Spring since that's where I found her in a big box of springs." Hayate smiled softly remembering how he had found the pup.

" I was worried due to how small he was when I found him." Hayate smiled as the pup stumbled towards him, Hayate sat on his bed pulling the puppy into his lap gently.

Hayate smiled softly as the other questioned about the hot chocolate.

'We actually experiment around with taste for awhile and we were able to make something that tasted like it, as long as the crops dont fail we will be ok..." Hayate handed the other a small package.

" this is incase if you ever get lost while hunting for scraps etc...its contains emergency supplies."

Katsumi laughed softly and he nodded. They sat in what seemed like comfortable silence, each eating the food before them. "I would love some tea. Coffee for the morning though, I don't have a real preferance just I like my tea in the afternoon and my coffee in the morning. You should know this..." he laughed softly and leaned back in his chair having finished his meal. "You really are a wonderful cook. How did you learn to cook like that? You're young...did you have a woman back then?" he asked leaning his elbows on the table lighting a cigarette. "Earl Grey tea please if you would...if there is any left that is. It's my favorite so their may not be any in there." he said and blew out a tuft of smoke.

He's smoked since he was little, his father saw it as a sign of power and wealth so when his dad smoked so did he, even at age eleven. He pushed his glasses up on his nose and he sighed, he had hated his father. He taught him so many bad habits, drinking smoking, everything that a child should never accompany an adult too. His mind was reeling, did Yuu have a girlfriend before the disease? He couldn't remember. The boy always cooked when they were younger at the start of the experiments when they stayed late at the office. But he never knew him outside of work back then, they didn't even live in the same building back then. He smiled softly, he bet that the woman Yuu had was cute and was very good in bed.

Yuki blushed softly and he smiled, "Spring...thats a beautiful name." he said and Lady trotted over to him laying her face on his thigh panting softly. His fingers played with her hair and he smiled, "Ah, so you farm here. That explains why so many people migrate here. You guys have learned to live off the land again." he said taking the package from the mans hands. "Alright thank you again for this..." he said and smiled. "Lady and I were partners before the outbreak...I found her under a house during a storm one day on my way to work. She was little and had a broken leg but she looked so happy under that house. So I picked her up, ditched work, and took her to the vet. I tried to give her up because I had no living room for her but she wouldn't have it." He smiled and her ears perked up.

"Ever since then she's been at my side, sometimes I feel like she is trying to repay me somehow. I trained her myself like I said, and she caught on quickly. She is my only defense against the infected...I was a writer so I don't have any physical strength." He chuckled and Lady jumped up and curled up next to him. "Anyway...you really don't mind spending time with a stranger? I could be a killer." he laughed jockingly. "I'm not, but if I was you would be in trouble!" he winked and smiled cutely. The one thing that Hayate could never find out, was that Yuki was gay. He would kick him out, flat out would throw him out if he knew and Yuki couldn't have that.

Yuu smiled softly.

"Thank-you...I learned to cook from my mother when she became ill in case I'd I had to cook for my siblings."he stated rather bluntly as he dried of his dishes and put them away before pulling out to cups to make the tea in, once the kettle boiled he placed a tea bag in each cup and poured the water in and brought them to the table along with a small pitcher of milk and a small sugar bowl.

" I noticed we were low on Earl grey tea so I picked some up when I went out earlier."

" I never really saw a point in maintaining a partner relationship when I was younger I didn't want children and it seemed more trouble at the time then it was worth."

Hayate smiled softly as he ran his fingers through springs fur.

"Trust me its better to have people around even if they are strangers.....I'd swear anyone can go mad if they don't have anyone." He gently placed spring in a basket of to the side.

"Im a photographer, its something that not even this havoc can ruin for me....adventuring to new highs to get the perfect landscape shot....it still gives me chills of excitement." Hayate smiles softly laughing as he pushed his hair out of his face.

Katsumi laughed softly, "You seemed to be reading my mind. Thank you for picking that up for us." he smiled and took the cup from Yuu. "Really? No need for another humans touch...? Strange...I guess you were young when this all started. And still are...damn I'm old..." he chuckled and put his cigarette out leaning back in his chair. "Do you have a want for one now? That girl in our office looks at you all the time...lusting over you no less." he winked. "Natsu, the mail boy looks after you like that too, kind of strange isn't it? So many hot individuals looking after cute Yuu." he chuckled and shook his head sighing. "Relationships are pointless...but in this outbreak...with all the death and pain, and failure...its nice to have company." he said gently and smiled.

He was a liar, he put on this ugly mean front up at work and then when he came here he was sweet and kind. Really he knew it was probably because Yuu was the only person he ever trusted but it was strange for him. Usually he is always angry, or upset, but these past four years have been easy. Yuu made them that way, being with Katsumi every night laughing and joking about random crap keeping his mind off work. He enjoyed the boys company and he probably would actually cry over the loss of him. Being alone in a dying world was hard, even though he was surrounded by people no one looked at them, or spoke to him the way Yuu did. He didn't treat him like a boss outside of work, which made him all the more appealing

~

Yuki nodded, "No I know...I walked two years or so without the company of anyone but Lady...I do agree that the lonliness could drive someone mad out there. A few times I thought about giving up and letting the infected have me...but then something just kept me going." He shrugged and blushed lightly. "Sorry thats crap." he laughed and looked at Lady's dirt tinged fur. Yuki's head raised as he heard Hayate say he was a photographer. "No way? What magazine did you work for? I'm sure if you were published I would have seen some of your work!" He laughed softly. "I was a journalist for the longest time, and I wrote books on the side but only one got published, never sold though...No one really liked my writing I guess." he shrugged again.

"I still write, but its more of a coping thing for me now. This...hellhole we live in has no light...or happiness..." He said sadly and looked at Hayate blushing at his looks. "You should let me see some of your work sometimes...and in return if you don't mind some shitty books I'll let you read some of my writing." he said and stood.

Yuu smiled softly.

"I've been working for you for awhile if like to think I know you a bit." You said gracing a soft smile .

Yui sipped from his own cup of tea as other spoke.

"Honestly it digusts me sometimes the way they look at me.....besides if I were to have a relationship it wouldn't be out of lust or greed...I'd want to feel a connection...bit I guess looking at me like that is better then those who seem odded out by me....I just like to keep to myself... Alot less quarrels that way."Yuu laughed softly.

"You still got a long life ahead of you, don't worry." You smiled softly, he knew that alot of people were attracted to his boss but didn't say anything due to the fact his boss didn't see point in that sort of thing.

Hayate smiled softly.

" I've never worked in any public pieces but I've been told that it would be a good idea... I often go about the parts where most of the infected have been shoot down since it safer and there are models to scale which gives a perfect shoot over the city in the glow of the rising sun.....or what's left of it. " Hayate blushed softly scratching the back of his neck.

"Sorry I'm rambling again... I just feel like I was born to be a photographer... I'm always filled with so much thrill when ever I see a good opportunity for a photo." Hayate laughed softly .

Hayate blushed furiously and pulled out a beaten binder and handed him it, inside where many photos of over looks and scery and even some flowers and animals.

"It's embarrassing to admit but I pretty much can barley read....I know enough to get by....I'd love to read your work...or perhaps you could read to me?"

Katsumi sighed softly and he shook his head, "Nah, I'm sure there are things you don't know about me still." he said and stood taking his dirty plates the the sink running the water. He leaned up against the counter waiting patiently for the water to get hot. "That makes sense...that when you do get laid you don't want it to be for anything but love and true feelings. Sure it keeps the fights at bay...but you're lonely without the company of another. If I wasn't here, you can't say you wouldn't want me to spend time with you." he said softly and turned back to the dishes starting to wash them.

Katsumi smiled, "I don't think that relationships are pointless...but I do believe that they cause more harm than good. Love is something the cowards stay way from..and the brave attract to like moths to a lamp." he said gently and dried off his hands turning off the water. "Tons of people look at me, want me, I hear it in the hallways at work. Really I would love to take someone into my bed for a night or three but I agree, I can't do it with just anyone." he said and sighed tilting his head. "I don't know, I hope I find someone here in this shit hole. You and I can't live together forever."

Yuki smiled and he nodded, "Ah...so you never worked in public magazines...well...we should still swap work!" he giggled softly and tilted his head. "I don't mind you rambling, I'm the same way about writing. Its hard work but I love it so much. I can put myself in a new time, and a new place and I can erase all the hate and evil from this world and make my own. It is a thrill...art is such a thrill." he winked and sat back down sighing his legs hurting from the long journey.

He looked up at Hayate and chuckled, "I can read to you, or you know on the way I can teach you how to read..?" he asked his fingers playing with his jean fabric. He took the binder from his ands and he smiled softly, "Is this your work..?" he asked his fingers touching the worn out fabric before opening it and gazing at the photos. Many of them were landscape or wildlife, many ranging from when earth was survivable to now. "Gosh...Hayate...these are beautiful..." he said softly his fingers lingering on each page as he turned them scanning the images before looking up at the man. "You're really good!"

Yui smiled.

" Well that is something I'm certain about as well since its almost impossible to know someone completely unless you are that person."Yuu leaned against a nearby wall.

"That is true I rather do enjoy your company and proabley always will...we seem to be able to be comfortable around eachother and share some of the same interests."

Yuu shrugged.

"I can't say that I'm looking forward to living with another person besides you...I kind of thought I'd get a cat or something..." Yuu laughed softly.

"I'm just not all that good with people I tend to get nervous over the little things."

"That is correct." Hayate smiled softly looking down at the heound., after looking up and seeing the other wink he became a bit confused.

"I'd like that if you could teach me." Hayate blushed darkly through embassment.Watching as the other male looked through his work he smiled softly.

"I'm glad you like it although it isn't what people are looking for these days."

Katsumi chuckled and he sat the dishes on the nearby towel where they go to dry, "A cat huh? Plus thats only if I find someone better than you..." he said gently and looked at Yuu. "I see you as a close friend of mine, and if you were to...leave I would probably be sad. But I would understand if you found that special someone and you wanted to get away." he smiled and sighed moving to the liquor cabinet and pouring himself a drink. "You're never nervous around me, or least that I see. And at work, when you're with me in meetings you seem to be perfectly fine." he said tipping the glass back and taking a drink.

"Do you want to get drunk with me? We don't have to go to work tomorrow...soooo we should party." he laughed softly and hopped up on the counter. "It'll be fun! Almost like when we were before all this! Remember we used to go drinking often, you never got drunk tho..." he thought a moment. "I think you were the designated driver." he laughed and shook his head looking at Yuu. "Come on drink with me..."

~

Yuki smiled and his eyes turned back to the pictures he was looking through. "You would? Then I guess we can teach each other! You obviously are skilled with marksmanship right..? Thats why you're posted on the wall? Because you can shoot? I don't know how to fight worth anything...so if you could help me there I will help you read." he smiled softly and his fingers absently touched the pictures in the book. Some were of people, and some were of animals, but they all had a certain flair to it that he assumed was Hayate's style.

He looked up hearing him speak, "Oh? No one wants them? I would love to have them...though you know what? I think that they show too much of what really is happening, so some of the people here or out there...don't want to see what we lost and whats going on now." he said softly and he looked down. "I think they are beautiful...We did this thing in a magazine I worked on, where the journalists would write stories or reviews about photographs. So we would pick one of our own that we wanted and then write about it. It may not always be accepted but it was one of my favorite tasks." he said softly and sat the book to the side. "I would have picked one of yours if you were public.." he said and smiled.

His stomach growled and he blushed darkly, Lady looked up at him and he smiled shyly. "Um...Hayate...is there anyway I could maybe get something to eat...? I haven't eaten a good meal in a long time...actually today I didn't eat at all..." he said and thought a moment. "Yea I didn't eat today or the day before that, I guess its just catching up with me." he said and laughed hiding his blush.

Yuu smiled softly.

"Well I never saw any reason to be nervous around you." Yuu laughed softly.

"Although you are a very impressive person in general.... That isn't something you want to get nervous over honestly I was excited when I was accepted to work for you." Yuu looked away as his cheeks tinted pink ever so slightly....Yuu almost never blushed.

"Drink?...." Yuu looked down at the ground.

"I...I have never drank once in my life...I promised that I never would after my father was killed in a car accident on the way home from drinking.... I'm sorry." Yuu said rather bluntly his face looked like he was struggling between emotions and wasn't sure which way to go.

Hayate smiled softly.

"That's seems like a fair trade, you teach me to read and I'll teach you to fight and fire a gun." Hayayte laughed softly.

"It's odd you think that some one who could fire a gun should be able to read shouldn't they?"Hayate blushed darkly as the other said he'd review his photos if they were public.

" R-really?!"Hayate asked excitedly

Hayate laughed softly.

"Yeah there's a dining hall everyone meets up there threee times a day ...its actually almost time for breakfast."

Katsumi shifted and he laughed gently, "Yes well I'm glad you don't find it hard to stay with me." he said gently and sighed tilting his head. "I didn't know you were excited to work for me, usually people don't like it because I'm kind of strict...though I don't see myself as impressive.." he said softly and jumped down from the counter. "Ah...I'm sorry Yuu...I didn't know..." he said softly and stood walking to him. "Though let me tell you...I'm not trying to get you to drink with me...but you aren't going out driving at all tonight. We aren't even leaving the house.." he said gently and sighed. "I'll be in my room if you need me...getting drunk. If I barge in your room I'm sorry, just make sure you have clothes on or I'll jump you." he said and winked ruffling the boys hair. "Goodnight!" he yelled taking the large bottle of whisky with him.

~

Yuki laughed gently and he nodded "Okay...fair trade..." he then blushed lightly and nodded, "Yea, I would have picked yours. They are beautiful and I would be able to work with them alot to write." he laughed softly and shook hsi head. "As for the reading, Its not needed to fire a gun...if you ask me its really not needed at all anymore but I love it too much to let it go." he said gently and stood. "is it really? I'm starving... " he said and smiled lightly. "Can lady come? Or should I leave here here with Spring?" he asked and looked back at his companion. "I have a feeling she should be alright in here with Spring...she seems to have taken a liking to him." he said gently and looked up at Hayate.

"You don't mind if I eat with you right...? I don't know anyone...so I really don't have anywhere to sit without feeling terrible..." he said softly looking away and sighing.

Yuu was about to say something but as the other told him to remain dressed in a jokingly manner his cheeks turned a deep red as he stuttered.

"O-Oh my." Yuu whispered under his own breath still in a flustered state.

Yuu watched as Katsumi left the room and headed off to his own room, once Yuu heard the door of the other males room shut he snapped out of his flustered state and headed off to his own bedroom with a cup of tea. Once he got to his room he changed into a oversized shirt that he always slept in and slipped off this dress pants leaving him in his boxers, picking up a book Yuu slipped on his read glasses and sank into the bed and began to read.

Hayate smiled softly.

" I see." Hayate blushed lightly as he heard his own stomach growl loudly.

"As you can see I'm hungry myself." Hayate laughed softly rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Lets go we should get there a bit early so that we can find a good spot to sit together." Hayate stated grabbing his coat.

"Dont worry no one has the nerve to brake into my tent." Hayate smiled softy.

"Ready to go?"

Katsumi laughed gently and walked up to his room chugging another glass of whisky, he was already slightly drunk. He just hated this world, the one he created. He hated it. How only a few people still lived and he wanted them dead but that involved him getting up and going out there himself to find them. And everyone knew that wasn't going to happen, he sighed softly and flopped down onto the couch in his bedroom. His lips touched the bottle of whisky and took another drink. He hiccupped slightly and let his head fall back onto the couch and he groaned. He wanted Yuu to drink with him, give him company when no one else would but he sort of understood why he wouldn't. Katsumi had been drinking since this morning, it was really kind of a problem but at work he would hide a flask in his office and drink from it all day to keep the edge off. And he smoked in his office too, but Yuu didn't seem to mind that one as much as drinking.

After what felt like forever the bottle was empty and Katsumi was completely drunk, he hobbled out of his room and walked down the hallway knocking on the door to Yuu's room. "I'm coming in." he said in a slurred voice opening the door and walking in. He didn't say anything as he walked to the bed and fell into it next to Yuu hiccuping again. "You're an asshole Yuu.." he said laughing gently. "You didn't even drink with me.." he hiccuped again and looked at Yuu. He really was a beautiful boy, Katsumi leaned up and kissed Yuu on the lips gently before letting him go yawning. "I would be angry if your face wasn't so damn cute.." another hiccup and he was out. Passed out next to Yuu on his bed.

Yuki laughed gently and stood looking at Hayate, "It really must be close to time! How many people are here?" he asked looking back at Lady and waving before exiting the tent with a happy bounce. "Yea I'm ready lets go!" He looked about Hayate's tent and noticed many many other tents which circled his own. "wow...there are so many tents..." he said softly looking back at Hayate, "Come on! You're so slow! How old are you 50?" he giggled and bounced on his toes. "I'm starving so you should walk faster." He reallly liked this stranger, but he didn't know anything about him, where he came from what he was doing here. He didn't know. He knew he would have to find all this out, and in return...Hayate would want to know about him and his troubled past. His bouncing attitude stopped a moment as the thought ran through his mind, Hayate would know all about his past about his parents and how they treated him. He couldn't let it happen, he would have to lie. No way Hayate would allow them to get close if he knew that Yuki's parents raped and beat him. He would be a laughing stock.

He shook his head and smiled again looking at Hayate, he really was handsome. If he wasn't scared of sex or relationships Yuki would probably want to date this guy. Though again he didn't know how old he was, what he was doing here, how he got here, who he used to be, he just didn't know.

As Yuu sat on his bed reading his mind kept drifting away from his book and back to Katsumi who Yuu knew was probably hitting the bottle pretty hard he was worried...the one thing that terrified Yuu the most had to be alcohol in general there was all the things that could go wrong once it goes into your body such as alcohol poisoning then there were the things that were influenced by it such as accidents, fights and abuse. Yuu was aware of the others habits and was always worried but did not feel that interfering was the best thing to do at the current time and situation.

Finally Yuu forced himself to shut the door and was about to go check on Katsumi...until he heard the others voice.

"I'm coming in."
Before Yuu could react or even get a word out the other male had opened the door and stepped into the room, Yuu could tell that the other male was drunk by the way he slurred and the scent of alcohol that was coming off of him, Yuu was in shock he didn't know what to say or do.

"You're an asshole Yuu.."
Yuu frowned softly he knew that the other probably didn't mean what he was saying but it still hurt him slightly.

"You didn't even drink with me.."
Yuu paused looking away from the other male until suddenly he was pulled into a gentle kiss by Katsumi, Yuu's eyes widened slightly.

"I would be angry if your face wasn't so damn cute.."
The other male passed out before be cold say anything although Yuu for once didn't know what to say, he just got off the bed rolled the other onto his side incase if he threw up and tucked him in and left the room and went to the living room and slumped onto the couch gripping the ends of his shirt as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I'm not old I'm just tired." Hayate mumbled trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

"A lot of those tents are for supplies but there is quite a few people here, but its a big camp so no worries." Hayate laughed softly caught up to the other male.

" I actually hurt myself awhile ago... I have to walk with a brace so please do slow down a bit." Hayate stated catching up to the other male, that wasn't completely a lie but he did have to walk with a brace.

"Alrightly, here we are." Hayate lead the other to a window seating area and sat down, soon enough the food was brought to them, a stew made out to dried meat, potato and carrots.

"Don't worry the food here is a lot better tasting then it looks." Hayate whispered to Yuki and laughed softly.

Katsumi passed out so fast he couldn't remember what happened before or after. He woke up a few hours later throwing up and he groaned rolling onto his back in the floor of Yuu's bathroom. He looked up at the ceiling and he groaned again, "I'm an asshole..." he said gently before standing shakily and walking with the support of the wall out of the boys room and to the living room. He sighed gently noticing Yuu slumped over on the couch, "You dumbass..you didn't have to sleep in here.." he sighed and shook his head knowing the boy was probably asleep. If he wasn't so drunk he would have carried him into his own room tucked him in then gone to his own bed. But instead, since Yuu was on the couch Katsumi grabbed a blanket and laid it over the boys body.

He sighed and smiled gently his fingers touching his cheek, he then looked away and walked back to his room. He opened the door and left it open slightly so he could hear inside the living room for Yuu if he decided to wake up. He crawled into his bed and got comfortable and soon enough he was passed out again.

Yuki blushed and he slowed down waiting patiently for Hayate to catch up. "I'm sorry! I was just teasing with you...I'm just excited to eat I think.." he looked down and then back to Hayate. "What happened? To your leg...if you don't mind me asking." he walked slower next to the other man and smiled. "You looked perfectly healthy when I first met you, so I guess I really didn't notice anything about you which would give off a brace or injury." he said and looked away.

After they made their way to the dining hall and sat down together he nodded getnly and accepted the food with an open mind. He smelled it and groaned, "No it smells wonderful." he said softly and started eating his eyes closing at the warmth of the food. "Its wonderful...you guys eat this stuff often? Warm cooked meals..?" He asked to Hayate smiling brightly. He was excited for living here, sure the work was hard but the rewards were endless.

Yuu woke up hours later and decided to began to cook breakfast.. or rather brunch since it was almost noon by the time he had woken up. Once he had finished cooking breakfast he set the table after turning off the stove, then Yuu went and checked on the other male, after noticing that he was still asleep he gently shook the other male awake.

"Hey... its noon hour I made breakfast... you drank a lot last night so you should get some solid food in your stomach." Yuu sounded tired, his voice was soft and blunt without the happy tune that he usual had to it.

"We eat home cooked meals a lot of the time but not always stews sometimes they change it up a bit." Hayate slowly began to eat.

'You asked about my leg earlier correct? When we get back to the tent I'll tell you...it's rather personal but I trust you enough to tell you, you don't seem like the type to black mail." Hayate smiled, Hayate placed a bit of his left over soup in a small metal container.

"I'm just saving some of mine for spring." Hayate laughed softly.

"The things that i'd do for dogs." Hayate smiled and set his dishes aside and soon they were collected.

"No rush take your time." Hayate smiled and leaned on the table.

" I found a book when I was hunting for scraps the other day its called treasure island I heard that its a really good book perhaps you could read to me some time?"

Katsumi groaned softly and tossed and turned throughout the night, he really didn't sleep as well as he would have liked to but he still rested. When he was woken up he rolled onto his back and sighed closing his eyes, "Noon...? Damn..." he rolled out of bed and walked slowly to the kitchen his eyes squinting from the light coming in through the windows. "Mm smells good Yuu! Whats for brunch?" he asked and looked in on the meal smiling.

His head hurt like hell but this made some of it easier. He was worried though, he looked back at Yuu, "I'm sorry...for whatever I said last night to you. I really didn't mean to if I did say something to you that was mean." he ran a hand through his hair. "I don't remember even walking into your room but I know I probably did considering you slept on the couch and you seem pissed at me for some reason..." he looked down at his fingers before looking back up and walking to his seat sitting down. "Just know I'm sorry for anything I said or did that offended you or upset you...you have to understand that work is making me stressed...and I'm just...not ready to admit defeat so this is how I deal with it for now...so if you could just forgive me I would be grateful.." he said gently and lightly touched the silverware pushing it back into place next to his plate not looking up at Yuu.

Yuki blushed and he nodded, "You really trust me? Already? Hm...well I'm honored I guess but you're right I wont black mail you into telling me anything or doing anything for me. I'm pretty simple..I usually keep to myself but I've been away from people for so long I just have so much to say and so much I just want to talk about.." he said and he pushed the bowl away having ate almost all of it. He then placed the rest in the others container, "He can have mine too, Lady ate on our way here and if anything she can have some of my lunch." he laughed gently and sat back.

"So they keep the food interesting...least that way it wont feel like a prison." he chuckled and ate a bite out of a piece of bread. He then rolled it in a napkin, "I guess I'll bring something to her anyway.." he laughed lightly and looked away. His interest was immediately peaked again when Hayate spoke of Treasure Island. His face lit up and he leaned up in his chair towards the other male, "Oh my gosh you found a classic! I love that book! Is it in good enough shape? I would hate to read it and the pages fall out...but if its in a good enough shape I would gladly read you some of it!" he smiled and his feet bounced under the table, he was once again full of excitement.

Yuu smiled softly.

"I made banana pancakes and saugues... I hope you like it." Yuu stated softly.

"You seemed to really need the sleep so I felt bad waking you up..."

"I'm sorry...for whatever I said last night to you. I really didn't mean to if I did say something to you that was mean."
Yuu paused as the two meet eyes for a moment he found himself lost in the others eyes.

"It was more of what you did then what you said...but you are forgiven..." Yuu brought the food to the table.

"I don't mean to be a burden...but last night y...you kissed me...I was wondering why you did and if you remembered... but of course you don't have to tell me anything." Yuu laughed nervously.

Hayate laughed softly.

"Yes, I do trust you but don't take that lightly I don't trust a lot of people I just am getting a good vibe from you." Hayate smiled softly and put the container in his messenger bag.

"Just make sure that you eat enough we wouldn't want you to be getting sick now would we."

"You'd be surprised with all the things that they can make with the limited diversity of ingredients that they have, it still honestly surprises me!" Hayate laughed softly.

"I found a classic? Is that good he pulled the book out of his messenger bag and handed it to the other male, the book was still in the plastic.

"I from time to time find things like this laying about when we go hunting for scraps." Hayate said as he stood up .

Katsumi tilted his head and looked at the food infront of him smiling, "It looks delicious." he said gently and picked up his fork taking a bite of it. "Hm...what I did..?" he then stopped as Yuu told him what he had indeed done. His face reddened a little and he looked away running a hand through his hair, "I kissed you? Huh...I must have been really really drunk because I don't remember that at all." he laughed softly and took another bite sighing. "These are amazing Yuu. Sorry though, I don't remember doing it...let alone why I did it...so I can't answer you on why or what I was thinking when I kissed you." he pushed some of the food around on his plate and sighed.

"If I do remember I'll be sure to tell you why. I'm sure there was a reason, I don't kiss people very often." He chuckled and took a drink of water leaning back in his chair looking at Yuu.

Yuki smiled softly and nodded, "Alright alright...I won't take it lightly. I just think it's interesting that you trust me so easily." he smiled gently and looked down at his hands before shaking his head and looking back at Hayate smiling again. "Hm? Oh they do? Well least I won't get bored with the food! As long as they change it up here and there I'll be okay eating the same thing over and over again." He chuckled and put his things away getting ready to leave.

"Yes a classic, a book that generations, and generations of people read because even though the book is old and out of date for that generation its still widely accepted and loved by everyone." he took the book from Hayate and he smiled softly. "Its beautiful, not really ruined or anything." he said standing and moving to the other side of the table turning the book over in his hands. "This is wonderful! You'll have to bring me back more books like this Hayate...It would make me so happy. I don't have any books to my name, just the ones I've written so it would make me really happy to own a few books." he smiled and looked up at the man.

Yuu sat down and began eat with the other male.

"It looks delicious."
Yuu smiled softly at the others compliment.

"thank-you I still thought that this recipe needed adjusting but I guess that it's fine just the way that it is." Yuu sighed softly and took a sip of tea, this throat felt dryer then a dessert and nothing seemed to be helping.

"Hm...what I did..?"
For a moment Yuu paused then nodded, mixed feelings bubbling around inside of the young man.

"I kissed you? Huh...I must have been really really drunk because I don't remember that at all."
Sighing softly Yuu took another sip of his tea.

"I'd have to say so...you rather just barged in and stated complaining and suddenly kissed me before passing out, I didn't want to wake you up so I let you sleep in my bed and I went and slept on the couch." Placing down the cup he sighed before looking up at the other male.

"you really worry me sometimes with the drinking habit...health wise at least." Yuu stopped eating leaving his food half eaten.

" It's ok you didn't know, I was just curious." Yuu recycled his scraps washed his dishes.

"It's just that I've never had anyone kiss me before.."

Hayate smiled softly.

"Of course I'll bring you back more books but promise me you'll read some of them to me." he chuckled as they began to head back to the tent since they were done eating.

Once arriving at the tent they were greeted by spring hoping about exactly.

" alright ,alright" Hayate smiled and set down some food for both dogs.

Katsumi smiled softly and he looked down at his food pushing it around with his fork, "I know I know...though you shouldn't worry about me. Nothing I do is very healthy." he smiled softly and stood discarding his plate saving the food he hadn't finished in a small container. "My drinking habit is only because...I guess I have nothing better to do?" he said gently and sighed. "My life seems to be pointless now..." he shook his head and chuckled running a hand through his hair. "Just forget I said that, anyway, you've never been kissed before?" He blushed lightly.

"I was your first kiss? And I was drunk...Yuu I'm so sorry." he sighed and ran a hand over his face groaning pushing his glasses up onto his head. "If I had known I probably wouldn't have...I promise I'm a way better kisser sober." he laughed and sat back down across from Yuu. "I guess now I'm sorry for taking your first kiss drunk, It would have been better if I just kissed you sober.." he said and sighed.

He paused a moment and then looked up at Yuu, "I don't want to go to work today, can you and I take the day off? To do something fun? I'm tired of sitting in that ugly office..." he said softly and looked away. "Plus I could make up for the kissing thing.."

~

Yuki laughed softy and he nodded, "I told you I would read them to you!" he shook his head and followed Hayate back to the tent, slowly trailing behind Hayate just a little bit. He had a beautiful body, muscular and tan from being in the sun too much. His hair was a deep auburn brown and his eyes were just gorgeous. Yuki shook his head and opened the tent door behind Hayate and he sighed seeing Lady and patting her head. He was stupid if he thought that Hayate would ever like him. He looked like the straightest guy you could ever meet, and he would never find an interest in a crazed writer.

He sat down on the bed across from Hayate's and he smiled, "So...do you want me to read to you tonight...? I'm tired but if you're done with guard duty I can read to you some. I'm sure you have other duties to go through today but a small break wouldn't hurt?" he asked and held up Treasure Island smiling brightly. He really just wanted to get to know Hayate more, "Or I guess...we could talk to each other a little more? Get to know one another? Considering we will be living together." he said blushing lightly and he looked at Lady. She trotted up to him finishing the last of the food she wanted and nuzzled his hand. He pat her and motioned for her to jump up and she did, laying next to him her head laying on his thigh.