[2016] Addicted (aka Heroin) Web Series 上瘾网络剧

Maya Hideyuki

Spoiler about novel

BLY left GH after car accident because it was caused by GY with support or order by GH's father. They wanted him to die but GH nearly died for saving him. BLY was afraid that such thing would happen again. Secondly, he left GH and told everyone to tell GH that he was dead so he can join the army without distraction. There're two reasons. Firstly, GH's father always forced GH to join the army to support his career. Since BLY is his step-son, he can replace GH. Secondly, he thought that if he does it well, GH's father would change his mind. ← That's my opinion.

thank you very much for this post. finally i can understand the whole details. like i said, i read the story in light speed & my chinese is poor. so i missed so many details in process. adding more details later in the second volume, now it makes sense for me. thank you again :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ydk.mi69

• Sloan

• GingerCake

• kyhfan14

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sloan, do you know how is the viewers response for this series? does it has a good rates or big success there?

personally i think addicted is a very good series & i am sure it'll become a big success even with the cut&ban law. if so, then investor won't be a problem, since the dvd sales will make tons of profits for them.

I asked a paper sister (living in China) and she said it is very successful. The click rate is good. "highly praised" she said. Also didn't the drama when it was first came out was in the first place in most viewed for a while?? So I don't think it will have any funds issue at all!! Also, I mentioned very early in the thread that this series actually have more MALE fans than CounterAttack! So it is big!!!

And everyone, meanwhile...

stayaddicted.jpg

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I wish to see more progress about this! Make it a movie please. Movie version which has a clearer view on things and to elaborate some of the gray areas.

Yeah so I cant help myself anymore I watched the leaked ep7(some says its leaked) yeah I feel some thing here were rushed. Also dont you guys thinks that GH n BLY should first play basketball before him moving in to BLY house? I mean that gives us more idea that their relationship as friends(or couple here already) is now growing.

There were also those happy sides of the episode. I like the part when BLY teases GH feeding him that candy(?) food(?). That scene when GH was trying to bargain the jacket for lower price, and yeah most of all the bed scene.

If only I can read chinese. Oh yeah I remember, guys please post the raw novel link here. Does it help if we use some websites who can translate the novel roughly.

Guest moonpower

If they need any funds, they can always start an indiegogo or a Kickstarter page where the fans can contribute. I think there are a lot of fans outside of China who are willing to make a donation to see this web series completed. Someone needs to tell the creator of Addicted and the director that if they are lacking financial support, the fans will support them! Then may be there will be English subtitles in the DVDs.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, here is the link for the raw novel. you can use translator if you want to read, they are pretty good. happy reading dear :)

Also dont you guys thinks that GH n BLY should first play basketball before him moving in to BLY house? I mean that gives us more idea that their relationship as friends(or couple here already) is now growing.

It's in ep8.

Actually, I'm worried that this series would not end as the ending of the novel, because their love story is quite long and complicated in the future, unless there are more seasons, but it still remains unknown due to their governemnt restriction and the lacking of production fees is another factor as well.

For now, in my opinion, I think this series (or season, hopefully) will stopped in somewhere else from the novel, I just hope that it will stopped in a happy chapter, just in case, if this series is unable to continue filming anymore in the future, atleast the story ended happily now......

And it's EXACTLY what i'm afraid of since the very first time I heard about this news.... Because despite the show having an increasing fanbase, if the government decides to ban it, I'm not sure about what they could do... Even if they could raise the funds for the filming that won't be of much help... And I'm really afraid this show would be cancelled or couldn't get a second season despite its success...

I think it's about time people react there. Unless people decide to rebel and fight this kind of repression nothing will change or it will just get worser...

So ok, we're talking about a very conservative society but still they should have freedom of speech and the right to convey what they want through any media they choose. Anyone should have this right...

As for me, I really want this show to have a second season because obviously they won't be able to tell all the story and to end it properly with only one season. And that'd be a shame since so far they managed pretty well to maintain a good storyline.

And I'm not too sure wether rushing it or just stopping it right in the middle is worse...

Anyway, I'm sure of one thing. I don't want all the passion I'm putting into this show goes to waste....

Guest moonpower

This is interesting! "China Approves First Gay Romance For Theatrical Release" - http://variety.com/2015/film/asia/china-approves-first-gay-romance-for-cinema-release-1201584784/

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/03/china-censor-approves-seek-mccartney-film-cinema-gay-relationship

http://www.buzzfeed.com/beimengfu/this-director-just-did-in-china-what-brokeback-mountain-coul#.uelqGO0No

Yes, small step is good, but please take a bigger step with this web series. I don't want any scenes to be cut out from Addicted!

Those who haven't seen episode 7 yet, here are some links

Bilibili:

iqiyi:

v.qq: not up yet

, here is the link for the raw novel. you can use translator if you want to read, they are pretty good. happy reading dear :)

thank you! Do you have any suggestion for a good translator online? All i know is windows translator ..

thank you for that! ^^,

Im actually excited to see episode 8 then, and also see them in tears and break .. those emotions flowing out continuously .. those words, their actions. My this better be good. Im excited to see it .. im so hooked with I wanna see myself how would I react to it!

up til now I havent dreamt to any of them ... gee hahah

And it's EXACTLY what i'm afraid of since the very first time I heard about this news.... Because despite the show having an increasing fanbase, if the government decides to ban it, I'm not sure about what they could do... Even if they could raise the funds for the filming that won't be of much help... And I'm really afraid this show would be cancelled or couldn't get a second season despite its success...

I think it's about time people react there. Unless people decide to rebel and fight this kind of repression nothing will change or it will just get worser...

So ok, we're talking about a very conservative society but still they should have freedom of speech and the right to convey what they want through any media they choose. Anyone should have this right...

As for me, I really want this show to have a second season because obviously they won't be able to tell all the story and to end it properly with only one season. And that'd be a shame since so far they managed pretty well to maintain a good storyline.

And I'm not too sure wether rushing it or just stopping it right in the middle is worse...

Anyway, I'm sure of one thing. I don't want all the passion I'm putting into this show goes to waste....

well, indeed 15 episodes are not enough to cover the 314 chapters and i'll HATE them if they force to do it. it'll ruin such a good story. nothing good comes from being rushing things. actually i've been wondering how they will end this season. it'd be very cruel if they give us a cliffhanger & decide not to make the second season. but like

said, the series is doing very good & the rating is high, so they must be stupid if they decide not to continue (unless the government is giving problem with their new regulation)

thank you! Do you have any suggestion for a good translator online? All i know is windows translator ..

well, i usually just use bing translator when i found difficult words. better than google, i suppose. the words are messy, but if you are patient, you can slowly understand the story :)

For those who wanted to understand the novel, I think some of you might already knew that, there are some groups that are trying to translate the whole novel into English, just give them some time, it is very time consuming and need to put a lot of effort on it, and we don't know how big their translation team are, it might be small, hope they really can complete it.

Using an online translator will make you heahache because most of the time, these translators are only able to translate it in word by word without able to considering the sentence structures, grammar, phrases, and writing styles, at the end, you might tired of figuring out what it is about from the online auto-translated works.

I'm thinking that if there is a platform to run an open translation project, let the voluntarily fans to translate the chapters that they want regardless of the quality of works or any mistakes, what's important is the translation is covering up all the details+dialogues, and atleast it is understandable and close to the actual meaning, that's more than enough.

Let's say if every voluntarily fans are able to translate 2-3 chapters, we only need about 105-157 people to work on it. It can save up a lot of time as well by dividing the works openly. I'm sure actually there are many people who willing to do it but they are afraid of their English or Chinese is not that good, and do not have that much of time, that's why I said regardless of the quality of works and let the voluntarily fans to pick any chapters that they are interested to.

If there are any unclear or errors, let the readers to point it out and make a correction on it openly, or some may submitted a better version of it. I'm not sure if this idea is realistic or not, it just came into my mind.

Hello! Not a long time lurker here, but I registered in this forum because of this thread. I only have known "Addicted" since Saturday, and I'm already "addicted" with this series!

I just want to say keep up with the translation, even for the novel: I really want to read, like I do with books adapting into movies since the original has more details. I hope everything turns out well for the series though, according from what I've read in the previous posts. If we bring all of our supports, then there might not be a problem to the series, so let's not bring our hopes down! You have all of my support, Addicted!

Another thing I want to say is that I feel blessed here, haha, because I have the same English name as Weizhou, Timmy! So yeah, I kind of feel special lol.

Hello! Not a long time lurker here, but I registered in this forum because of this thread. I only have known "Addicted" since Saturday, and I'm already "addicted" with this series!

I just want to say keep up with the translation, even for the novel: I really want to read, like I do with books adapting into movies since the original has more details. I hope everything turns out well for the series though, according from what I've read in the previous posts. If we bring all of our supports, then there might not be a problem to the series, so let's not bring our hopes down! You have all of my support, Addicted!

Another thing I want to say is that I feel blessed here, haha, because I have the same English name as Weizhou, Timmy! So yeah, I kind of feel special lol.

I also newly registered at here just for this series!! =D

in a lot of video comment sections I see "23333333333333" what does that mean? Is it like

I found this explanation from wikipedia as follows:

233 is usually referred by Chinese people as laugh out loud, which is a reference to the 233rd emoji of a famous Chinese forum. The number of 3's can be indefinitely extended (for example, 23333 would have the same or slightly stronger effect as 2333).

I found this explanation from wikipedia as follows:

omg i had no idea i could have googled it thank you!!! that's so interesting how it came about

Nice to meet you, btw! us newbies should stick together hehe

omg i had no idea i could have googled it thank you!!! that's so interesting how it came about

Nice to meet you, btw! us newbies should stick together hehe

You're welcome! Nice to meet you too!

For those who wanted to understand the novel, I think some of you might already knew that, there are some groups that are trying to translate the whole novel into English, just give them some time, it is very time consuming and need to put a lot of effort on it, and we don't know how big their translation team are, it might be small, hope they really can complete it.

Using an online translator will make you heahache because most of the time, these translators are only able to translate it in word by word without able to considering the sentence structures, grammar, phrases, and writing styles, at the end, you might tired of figuring out what it is about from the online translated works.

I'm thinking that if there is a platform to run an open translation project, let the voluntarily fans to translate the chapters that they want regardless of the quality of works or any mistakes, what's important is the translation is covering up all the details+dialogues, and atleast it is understandable and close to the actual meaning, that's more than enough.

Let's say if every voluntarily fans are able to translate 2-3 chapters, we only need about 105-157 people to work on it. I'm sure actually there are many people who willing to do it but they are afraid of their English or Chinese is not that good, and do not have that much of time, that's why I said regardless of the quality of works and let the voluntarily fans to pick any chapters that they are interested to.

If there are any unclear or errors, let the readers to point it out and make a correction on it openly, or some may submitted a better version of it. I'm not sure if this idea is realistic or not, it just came into my mind.

this is a great suggestion .. I know English is not our native tongue. We all make mistakes about our grammar, stlentences, or even phrases. But hey we can still understand it, as long as the thought was conveyed cprrectly. And yes, having ppl trans some of the chapters with not so perfect english is fine .. we only need to have proofreaders so they can correct it, and we can also make our comments too ..

For our translators youre doing a great job! Keep it up! Gambatte!!! We know you want to give us quality translations for these series

That would be great, can we also add the CounterAttack novel to this idea. Because the translators are doing a great job but it's only on chapter 40 and nothing has actually happened yet! I'm dying! :)

WOW!! EP 8 IS OUT earlier!! According to the uploader, they got this from Youku VIP members!

Here is the video in YT without any sub yet:

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VIEW THIS EPISODE FROM THEIR OFFICIAL RELEASED LINK WHEN IT IS OUT TO SUPPORT THEM DIRECTLY TOO.

WOW!! EP 8 IS OUT earlier!! According to the uploader, they got this from Youku VIP members!

Here is the video in YT without any sub yet:

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VIEW THIS EPISODE FROM THEIR OFFICIAL RELEASED LINK WHEN IT IS OUT TO SUPPORT THEM DIRECTLY TOO.

eee! thank you! Watching it right now! Hopefully ep 7 english subs will be out soon too. I'm getting spoiled by all the hard working subbers out there. Thanks again for the raw 8