Kidnapped: Warrior of Winter (Private: ZX-MetalMonster x Wolf) [+18]

WolfDog12

"What's an ocean?" Despite how odd it sounded, Goustetsu was being 100% serious right now. He hadn't even heard of the ocean. He heard of Lake and sea typically in the phrase of being covered over in ice but he never even heard the word ocean until Nikandros said it just then. He was really curious and kind of understood why the bandit wouldn't be able to help with the talk about emotions. Goustetsu had most of the emotions already just not those about loneliness and stuff like that. He didn't know about socializing and so on.

"I get that you can't say much about emotions in general but you talk of loneliness as if you know what that feels like... what's it like to have others? Friends? No, friends might be going too far isn't it? Or is that was these bandit's are to you? These things confuse me so much..."

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• ZX-MetalMonster

Nikandros gave the warrior a strange look when he asked him about the ocean but he knew his prisoner wasn't pretending not to know what it was. The light haired man seemed to know so little that the bandit felt sorry for him for as moment, he couldn't imagine being in the same place forever and only wondering what there was in the rest of the world without ever finding out.

-" It's an enormous body of water." He tried to explain. "It's blue." He added quickly since he understood the warrior knew nothing at all about the ocean.

-"They are my subordinates, I don't even know all of them by name but yes, some of them are my friends." Nikandros said as he though a bit more carefully about this. "A friend is someone loyal to you... someone who you cant command but who still does everything to help you just because they appreciate you. They know you and you know them and understand them." He explained his opinion.

"Wow... The ocean sounds cool..." Goustetsu never thought his situation was anything to be upset about or anything like that. He didn't mind mostly because he didn't know any differently. If he'd seen more then these snowy mountains then things probably would have been a little different. Even now, most kids would want to go and see the world and everything but not Goustetsu. He was still perfectly content just staying in the cold mountains...

"I don't think I have any friends by that definition... Unless... does the deity count? I don't recall him ever ordering me to do anything..." The teen just laid there lost in thought for a minute looking at the bandit. It was kind of strange to be this close to his enemy and only be talking about the world and stuff.

For a split second it was noticeable on the bandits face how annoyed he was at another mention of the deity, however he managed to conceal his irritation other than that.

-"I don't know. It's my understanding of what a friend is, you don't have to agree with it." Nikandros explained , he shifted onto his back to make himself more comfortable after which he closed his eyes and seemed almost as though he was trying to doze off.

-"Tell me about something impressive you've seen." He requested thinking he'd told the warrior about enough things he hadn't seen. Despite how isolated from the rest of the world the other man seemed Nikandros was sure he'd witnessed or at least heard of something interesting enough to mention.

Goustetsu shut up after seeing the irritation on the other's face. It became slightly awkward until the warrior was told to talk about something interesting. Honestly, he didn't have much. It almost looked like he wasn't going to say anything until one memory popped into his head. Goustetsu could only hope it wouldn't infuriate Nikandros because he would have to mention the deity in the story. It was worth a shot. Goustetsu took a breath and got strted:

"One time, there was this huge avalanche from an old rock becoming too slippery and breaking free suddenly. So this huge amount of snow comes down and hits this little incline just before the village. We'll at the speed it was going, the incline did nothing, so the snow shot up like crazy way off into the air and could have buried 90% of the village at once. So I stood before the huge wave of snow and called upon the deity to freeze it even farther so the snow turned into one enormous ice sculpture. It stayed like that for a month, casting a shadow of lights all over the place. It wasn't until they finished turning it into merchandise did the wave come down. "

Nikandros didn't react to the mention of his enemy this time and kept calm with his eyes still closed. He understood the story was suppose to be amusing still he felt more amazed at how easily the warrior mentioned something simply supernatural. He wondered if freezing a wall of snow or doing what he did against his group was something simple for the other man when he was closer to the deity.

-"Didn't think you're a show off." Nikandros teased the man beside him, unable to resist trying to irritate him again. This time however the wide smirk that appeared on his face when he opened his eyes and glanced at the warriors made his intentions clear.

-"Can you make something out of ice?" The bandit leader asked but the though he should be more specific. "Something beautiful, not something that can block out the sun?"

"Well, like I said it wasn't me who froze the wall...." Goustetsu was aware of what Nikandros was trying to do so he just spoke calmly and explained. It was strange to see the bandit grin like that. Did he really enjoy this strange talk or was he just making fun of Goustetsu or something? Still, it was a calm talk. For enemies they got along pretty well now... was that it? Was the warrior even the real enemy or was the deity the bandit's enemy? No, they were the same person practically, weren't they? Goustetsu really didn't like having these doubts about something that use to be so clear to him.

-"Can you make something out of ice? Something beautiful, not something that can block out the sun?"

The warrior looked surprised by the question. No one had ever asked him to make something beautiful before. Everyone only wanted to the mighty power of the deity not the gentle power of the warrior. He looked quiet uncomfortable with the question but eventually nodded. He did have some ice power of his own from being a kind of medium between the deity and the world around. It wasn't much at all but it was a beautiful thing to have and to use. "I can make small ice sculpture bits that fit in the palm of your hand. I can make about 3 before my power is exhausted... that is if I use my power alone...." He didn't bother getting up or moving so it was clear her wasn't going to use his powers now.

-"I didn't think you have any powers without the deity, they sound like something pleasant though." Nikandros commented honestly and seemed to turn more serious at this information. He understood the ability the warrior just described wasn't much but it made him wonder who of them would be stronger if they both fought with only their own strength.

As though summoned by this thought the dark mass under his skin began to slither to the surface along his arm but this time it only showed itself and didn't try to extend onto the warrior. Nikandros raised his arm above himself and observed the substance which was lively and didn't seem to be forming a layer of armor as it usually did. He willed it away but a long while passed before it responded and went away completely.

As the last remnants of the dark mass faded the bandit leader glanced over at the man beside him again curious to see how he would respond to this now that they were very close to each other on the bed.

-"Are you afraid of it? Or do you just dislike it?" He felt confident to ask since he knew the warrior wasn't happy to have his armor on himself previously.

"Well it wasn't mine to begin with. The deity poured so much of his energy into and through me that my body just got use to it and adapted." Goustetsu was a little spaced out as he thought about why he had this ability. When the warrior came back into focus, he noticed that piece of armor wriggling on the bandit and leaned back a bit. He watched it for a long while until it decided to go away again. He sighed a bit and stopped leaning back so he wouldn't fall off the bed.

-"Are you afraid of it? Or do you just dislike it?"

The silver haired male thought about it for a minute. It's not that he couldn't feel but he didn't always know what those feelings were truly suppose to be or called. "I don't know... I don't like it but I don't know if I fear it. I just wish I understood what it was and what it was trying to do to me..." still being as honest as ever, Goustetsu looked looked away trying to think about it. He seemed to be a bit depressed for some reason.

-"I can tell you what it is but I don't know why it likes you so much." Despite choosing a playful way to say this Nikandros wasn't joking around as was apparent from the tone of his voice. "Usually I can control it very well but it's been acting strangely." The bandit leader would never admit his own weakness but he was sure the warrior had already figured this out on his own.

Nikandros noticed the other man seemed unhappy again and since he didn't want to make him panic again and had nothing he needed to find out from him, he decided to let the warrior think things over.

-"Do me a favour and don't try to kill me somehow if i fall asleep." He mumbled as he sighed and closed his eyes again.

"I see." Goustetsu wasn't going to bother asking anything more on the subject so he just let it drop. It was strange that there was just one small piece that was being temperamental. It was very strange. Anyway the teen watched the bandit just lay down and get comfortable again. Why was he planning on sleeping here? Shouldn't he leave the room? "I won't touch you," Goustetsu announced as the other closed his eyes.

Ten minutes went by before the warrior sat up slowly as to not disturb the bandit. The warrior got off the bed and sat on the floor. He stayed nearby as if he were chained to the bed but he just began stretchinghis body. The warrior was quite hungry and cramped up now. This was so strange for him.

Despite being silent and calm on the bed Nikandros was still somewhat aware of his surroundings and not fully asleep yet. He'd intended to stay at another place over night since he still didn't trust the warrior but he was a bit more comfortable around him now and was more confident the other man couldn't hurt him even if he wanted to. he also didn't intend to make himself vulnerable for long.

When the warrior moved off the bed it caught the bandits attention but he only opened his eyes to glance at his prisoner and was satisfied to see he wasn't tying to run off anywhere.

-"What are you doing?" He mumbled.

"I was trying not to wake you." Goustetsu jumped when the bandit spoke but realized that this was fairly normal so he relaxed a bit. The warrior continued to stretch more as he spoke up again. "I've been feeling really cramped up recently thanks to not being able to do anything except for laying down and resting the whole time. I was hoping just to be able to stretch myself out but I also didn't want to wake you and the bed is too narrow."

The warrior got up after he was fully stretched and sat down on the edge of the bed. He looked off towards the wall just thinking for a while. He wanted to leave, he wanted his gear again, but most of all he wanted his mind to stop doubting the deity and everything else. The male let out a slight sigh.

Nikandros wasn't thinking clearly enough to follow everything the warrior told him and was still considering if he should just nod and sleep or get up. After a minute he made up his mind and pushed himself up with a quiet sigh.

-"Stretch however you like." He said as he moved closer to his prisoner and sat beside him on the bed. "You're uncomfortable and bored out of your mind, I have to at least allow you that so you don't despise me." He said in a somewhat grim voice but didn't seem angry.

The bandit leader observed the warrior intently for a long moment thinking something over before he spoke.

-"What's on your mind." He asked, but his voice revealed something different than concern and a wish to help the warrior.

Goustetsu didn't bother stretching anymore as he just watched Nikandros get up and move next to him. He began to wonder why the bandit was trying so hard to keep the warrior from hating him. Wasn't it normal for enemies to hate each other and build on that to fight? This was one of the most confusing things ever. The bandit was being so strange... he should have tied the warrior up, had to force feed him and drag him out for their awaited battle when the time came but none of that actually happened.

The white-haired male kept thinking about these things, his mind just continuously running a mile a minute. When he was asked what was on his mind, Goustetsu just sort of stayed quiet. He didn't want to say anything that would make the bandit angrier with him and the warrior seemed incapable of lying to anyone.

Nikandros was displeased with the silence and it was apparent on his face that he was becoming annoyed while he still waited for a reply. It made sense to him that the warrior was reluctant or would refuse to talk to him but that didn't make him any more patient or understanding. He knew himself well enough to recognize when he was angry and could hurt his prisoner so before that could happen he got up.

-"Don't do anything stupid while I'm not here." He warned the warrior and caressed his cheek one more time before leaving the room to look for something else to distract himself with and calm down.

Goustetsu was surprised to have his face caressed. He watched the bandit leave and looked down again placing a hand over the touched cheek. "I'm not a cat," he muttered before laying back on the bed thinking about it. His mind just kept wandering for a while before the warrior just screamed loudly. It made a ton of people turn their heads but the warrior didn't even care anymore. The doctor came in thinking Nikandros did something but he wasn't even around.

Goustetsu calmed down after a minute of screaming and just about lost his voice. He curled up in the bed and covered his head with the pillow. He huffed a bit trying to relax. 'I'm not a cat.... I'm not some pet... I should leave..... I'm not his cat.... why don't I try to escape? Why don't I run?!' he whimpered a bit unable to deal with stress... another new emotion he'd never felt. 'Why... my chest... it hurts.... I can't control my breathing... what is this....'

It wasn't long before someone informed Nikandros what the warrior was up to but the bandit leader refused to rush back and deal with him right away, instead he continued with the fairly unimportant task he'd started and used it to calm himself all over again since he was angry again.

When he did make it back he was clearly not very happy and had his arms crossed over his chest and a distinct frown on his lips as he crossed the room to stand beside the bed and glare down at the other man.

-"Are you in pain or did you just want some attention?" The bandit asked in a voice that didn't sound either very concerned or kind.

The warrior was still under a lot of stress and was feeling great anxiety. He didn't understand this feeling. It was ripping into his chest making his heart feel like it was going to explode. The male looked up at the bandit now that the pillow had slipped off his head mostly. He really couldn't deal with this right now. He had no idea what was happening to him so he didn't need to be putting up with Nikandros and his irritating words.

"I'm fine.... I don't want to deal with you.... more like I cant... I don't know what's happening to me...." He closed his eyes tightly pulling his whole body into a tighter ball. Goustetsu gripped at his shirt tightly where his chest was. It hurt so much.

The warrior wasn't making much sense and Nikandros observed him in silence while he though what he'd meant. He was annoyed that he'd come back just to be told to go away again and that made him less patient and willing to understand the other man's behavior.

-"If you'd wanted me not to bother you then you should have stayed quiet." Nikandros explained angrily and leaned over the warrior somewhat after sitting down on the bed.

-" What the hell were you screaming about?" He asked and continued to glare down at his prisoner. He knew the warrior had been panicking before and was suspicious that whatever he was thinking about before was making him upset again. Still, the bandit wasn't very interested in being good to the other and making things easier for him this time.

"I'm fine. I just screamed to let off some steam. I was a bit frustrated that's all...." He was finally starting to relax a little even though his chest still hurt. Goustetsu rolled to be turned away from Nikandros and he covered his face again with the pillow. Sure all of this seemed childish but Goustetsu also never had a full panic attack like that before in his life. The warrior breathed out a sigh but hated the pain in his heart. If he told Nikandros, would he feel better?

"Nikandros.... I need to leave.... I'm not your cat and the longer I stay the harder it is to leave. I wanted to run as soon as you left but for some reason I stayed. It was my chance to go back but I just stayed here!!!" It did help to explain what was on his mind.

Nikandros became more serious and calmed down himself when the warrior explained himself properly instead of arguing with him. He moved back a bit so he wasn't leaned over the other man threateningly and tried to both understand his prisoner and choose words to explain his own thoughts to him.

-"You're not my cat." He said first off, annoyed by the comparison since he believed it was painfully inaccurate. "I'm forcing you to stay here, if you 're trying to escape or not doesn't change that. I don't know why you didn't try to run but you are still badly hurt and in the situation you're in staying where you are is the smart thing to do." Nikandros said trying to explain this logically and like a tactician.

"Fine...." Goustetsu did feel a little better but still he couldn't help but feel the way he did. Either way, the warrior was going to put up with what was said for now and he just laid on his back with the pillow over his face. The white-haired male planned to stay quiet for now. It seemed talking was just going to make this strange condition worse and worse so he just let it go. He sighed again strangely and then let his mind draw blank as the warrior began to doze off.

Just as he was about to fall asleep, his stomach growled loudly and the warrior planned to ignore it. The problem was that if he did just ignore it then the bandit would become sly and taunting. He sat up letting the pillow slide off his head. Goustetsu's hair was an absolute mess, sticking out in a hundred different directions.

Nikandros stayed beside the warrior a while after saying what he wanted him to know, though he understood he wasn't getting a reply once the other man hid under the pillow. He was accustomed to staying silent and letting his thoughts wander while he was around his prisoner so this didn't bother him.

When the other man finally moved up again it amused the bandit to see him with his hair in such a mess and without thinking he reached out and placed one strand where it should be.He was aware it would had been better if he hadn't done even that much so he moved his hand away after that.

The warrior jumped a bit as the bandit reached out to him. It was unnerving to have him touch the male again. Still, all he did was touch his hair slightly. Goustetsu pushed the thought out of his head that was trying to torment him but he focused again on his growling stomached. "Nikandros, you forgot to feed me again." Goustetsu didn't realize what he said until after and it came as a shock when he realized how he needed to be fed. With pride, the warrior turned away a bit.

This was really unnerving, how the warrior was changing. He had changed so much in such a short period of time. Goustetsu opened his hand and stared at it. He began wondering if he even still had the power over the ice the way he told the bandit he did. For all Goustetsu knew, he may now be able to create even a single snowflake at this point. He sighed and put his hand down to look at Nikandros hoping for some food.