Dystopian Society (Pigeon & pandamonium)

pandamonium

Eric's eyes widened. "You're father is the president of the sexuality and gender conformation branch?! I admire, well used to admire, him! So you're his son? Huh. I pictured you differently."

He looked through the magazine. "I haven't read this issue yet."

He snapped and set the magazine down. "Sorry. Old habits, die hard."

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pandamonium

• Kotorichan

Jessie picked up the magazine and threw it across the room. "Don't read that garbage..." He muttered. "Whenever I get arrested my father just has someone pull my out of the rehabilitation place and says they're gonna try some new drugs on me..." He shrugged and leaned back in his seat. "In exchange I don't tell people that we're related, I don't even go by my legal name..."

He slumped down on the chair. "I know...but...it's kinda hard not to."

He set his arms on the table, leaning forward. "So he has gotten you out of rehabilitation before? Sounds like he cares for you...if my parents were to find out...about me...they wouldn't think twice of having me committed."

"Care about me? Of course not, he just needs me to show up to some of his events in a nice suit and tie" Jessie laughed dryly. "If he left me in rehab I'd end up making out with some guy at those events"

Eric frowned. How could people be so cruel? Though he shouldn't be surprised. They've been taught that violence leads to peace conformation leads to acceptance.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed. But...I l care about you...a lot...if that counts..."

Jessie blushed deeply and stared down at the table. "Thanks... It's nice to know someone does" he gave the man a slight smile. "I care about you too..." He reached over and gently squeezed Eric's hand.

Eric blushed as the contact. He smiled at Jessie, leaning forward to capture her lips in a kiss before he pulled away.

"Well...we should eat before the food gets cold."

He combed his hair back and picked up his fork.

- - - Updated - - -

Eric blushed as the contact. He smiled at Jessie, leaning forward to capture her lips in a kiss before he pulled away.

"Well...we should eat before the food gets cold."

He combed his hair back and picked up his fork.

Jessie looked down at his plate, trying not to get too flustered at the kiss. "Right, I don't want all your work to go to waste" he smiled and started to eat.

He blushed at the comment. "It's no big deal. I don't cook very often. So I hope it turned out well. "

He began to eat, kinda disappointed. "Huh. I guess it's edible..."

He usually found his cooking to be missing something, even though he did everything accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Jessie lightly kicked his foot under the table. "Don't be so hard on yourself, it's good" he smiled brightly. "I never follow a recipe so I usually end up with either something delicious or something inedible" he laughed softly.

Eric chuckled. "I can't do that. So I always follow the recipe accordingly. But I don't know...it's always missing something. "

He took another bite. Trying to swallow without gagging.

"I'm sure I'd enjoy your cooking. Cannot wait to try it."

"Maybe we can work together to make something really tasty" Jessie suggested. He soon finished his food and leaned back in the chair. "mm... thanks for the dinner~"

Eric blushed, giving a nod. "Yeah, that sounds great...can't wait."

He cleared his throat. "Um...so...what would you like to do about your...how do I say...rebellion?"

• 3 weeks later...

Jessie sighed and leaned back in his chair, lightly twirling a strand of hair with his finger. "Well... the problem is that there isn't much we can do with just two people... If we do anything too radical then we'd get arrested before anyone really noticed..." He chewed on his lip, staring down at the table thoughtfully. "I'm going to have to make an appearance at a big party thing that my dad is doing soon... I'm going to try to get a picture of the blueprints of the rehabilitation center and then try to break some people out..." his gaze moved up to Eric's face, his expression far more serious than ever. "If we have a large group of people then we can actually get noticed and make people start to think..."

Eric frowned, feeling a tightness in his throat.

"Um...That sounds like a good plan and all, but...what if some people don't want to be saved and they let security know?"

He fiddled with his fingers. He was afraid, but he wanted to help Jessie out. He wasn't sure how, though.

He looked at her. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic. I do truly want to help, it's just...I'm afraid."

"Yeah, I get it. It's risky but I think most of the people there will want to help, even if it's just a chance to get out of there..." Jessie stood up and grabbed the plates off the table, ignoring the pain in his lower back. "I'll try to get my hands on a taser so if worst comes to worst I can give us a chance to run..." he trained off and brought the dishes to the sink to start washing. "You still have time to change your mind, I won't force you to come with me"

Eric shook his head. "I'm still in...just letting you know my fears..."

He looked at Jessie's back. She walks so graceful He thought.

He didn't want to be separated from her and was willing to help. He just felt useless in this scenario. His only 'talent' was memorizing book plots. He highly doubted that would be of use.

He called after Jessie. "Um...how do I help? I'm not sure how I'll be of any use to you."

"I'll figure something out... If you have a good memory then you could help me memorize the layout of the place, I don't want us to lose our map and end up completely screwed..." Jessie said thoughtfully. "You can at least help me keep a look out for any security while I get doors open and stuff..."

Eric shrugged. "I suppose...I'm used to memorizing book and work protocols. But I'll do my best."

He grinned. Getting more useful now than a few minutes ago. He stupid up and walked over to her.

"Would you prefer I wash the dishes? I'm sure you should rather get started on planning out this...rescue mission?"

He twirled his fingers. Unsure of what to do.

Eric shrugged. "I suppose...I'm used to memorizing book and work protocols. But I'll do my best."

He grinned. Getting more useful now than a few minutes ago. He stupid up and walked over to her.

"Would you prefer I wash the dishes? I'm sure you should rather get started on planning out this...rescue mission?"

He twirled his fingers. Unsure of what to do.

"Honestly I've done as much planning as I can do right now... I just have to wait until my dad calls me to his place and gives me a chance to get some more information..." Jessie continued to wash the dishes, setting them to the side to dry later. "for once I actually want to see him, but I can't let him know"

Eric nodded. "That's true. In the meantime, I should help you acquire the items needed for this mission."

He returned to the table to wait for her. He drummed his hands. Trying to not think about any of his worries and fears of what could occur to them both if things go horribly wrong.

Jessie set down the last dish and walked over to Eric, firmly placing his hands on the table in front of him. "hey, what's on your mind? I've already told you that you can back out of this, I won't think any less of you if you do that... And if we get caught then I'll figure something out with my dad to make sure you're fine, even if I have to live with that asshole and be his perfect little son for the rest of my life. I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to you, okay?"

Eric nodded. "I know, but I can't let you do this alone. I made a promise and I intend to keep it. I'm just scared. And I don't want to lose you. You don't deserve any of that when you've worked so hard to achieve this level of self-fulfillment."

He remained quiet for several minutes, looking at his hands, feeling treats sting his eyes.

"Besides...I don't think I can continue living like this. Constant fear of being discovered. Poisoning myself with all types of pills. The inability to be myself and seek the love I desire. I was close to suicide before you came along. I had reached my limits."

"Eric..." Jessie sat down on the table and took the man's face in his hands. "I know it's been really hard, and a lot more hard things are gonna happen... But we'll figure things out, if I do get stuck with my dad then promise me you'll hang in there until I find a way to get back to you" he lightly pushed Eric's hair back and smiled at him. "You aren't gonna have to live like that again, we'll work this out, okay?"

((finally got around to drawing Jessie))

jessie_by_birb_brain-d8ohfim.png