[18+]Spoiled Stardom (Rem x Pigeon)

Remalade

Niran smiled and leaned against Hatori, resting his head on the man's shoulder. He paused for a moment on a channel that was showing one of his music videos and sighed. "it's so weird to see myself on tv..." he muttered before changing the channel again.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remalade

• Kotorichan

"Why do you say that?" Hatori frowned, taking the remote and turning it back to the channel. His frown dissipated into a smile as he watched the young man singing and dancing so flawlessly. "You always look great during your performances." he added.

Niran blushed at the man's comment and tried to grab the remote "ew, no, change it!" he whined "I look weird" he hated to watch his videos, it made him extremely self conscious. "what are you smiling about idiot? I definitely don't look great"

Hatori held the remote out of his reach and continued watching the video. When it was over, he turned to him. "What are you talking about? You look amazing on camera and off camera...." he replied, running his hand through his hair.

Niran refused to watch the video, he glared up at Hatori. "how stupid are you? I messed up the dance seven times in the final cut, seven times. I tried to tell the director but he kept saying that the shot was good enough. If you watch my feet in the second half of the first minute then you can clearly see the times when I hesitate or I'm off beat" he crossed his arms over his chest and turned away. He was incredibly hard on himself, when his new music videos came out he would watch them over and over again and pick out every single mistake he made. It was a terrible habit. "plus, I had gained almost two pounds right before we shot that, so I look super gross"

Hatori sighed, wrapping his arms around the star's waist and pulling him close until Niran's back was pressed against him. He couldn't understand why he was so obsessed with these ideas of himself. When Hatori looked at him, he saw an attractive and talented person, so why couldn't Niran see that too?

"None of that matters. Everyone makes mistakes, and if you keep striving for perfection, you'll only end up unhappy. And why are you so hung up on your weight? You look beautiful, and constantly worrying about it isn't good for your health..."

Niran squirmed in the man's arms, trying to get free. "You're my manager, you should know why I worry about this stuff" he gave up struggling after a few moments. "if I fuck up then you'll be out of a job too... Last time I gained extra weight my manager freaked out about how my fans like how skinny I am, and how I'm not talented enough to stay popular with just my voice..." He trailed off and frowned.

Hatori frowned in anger, not at Niran, but at the previous manager and agency for putting such ideas in his head and being so strict with him. "He's wrong, Niran. Fans love you because you're a talented singer, not because you have a certain weight. And your personal health is much more important than upholding some silly image. And if you really want to stay thin, there are ways to do that without starving yourself." he added with a sigh.

"You don't have to worry about fucking up, everyone fucks up sometimes. And whatever happens, I'll be right here beside you. I'm not going anywhere, Niran."

Niran stared down at the floor. He wanted to believe the man but it was hard. He had been fully convinced that he had to be completely perfect. "but... I need to keep making money, even if I hate this job and sometimes I just want to quit. I have to keep making money" his voice had a trace of panic. "I can't just have a normal life anymore, and I don't want to be one of those stars that end up in rehab five times. I need to make money so when people get sick of me I have enough to get by" he bit his lip, feeling stupid for pouring his feelings out like that.

When Niran had stopped struggling, he slowly pulled him into his arms. "That's not why you should be doing this. When you're on that stage, you look so happy, and I can tell that happiness like that is the reason you started singing in the first place. You should want to do this because it makes you happy. If it doesn't anymore, it doesn't mean anything anymore, and you're setting yourself up to be unhappy. If you stay true to yourself and do this for the right reasons, people won't get sick of you." Hatori said softly.

Niran hesitated for a moment before letting himself relax into Hatori's arms. "I love singing... but there's so much more to this... My family means so much to me and I never get to see them anymore, I can't even go outside without being swarmed by complete strangers, and there's always stories and pictures of everything I do wrong..." He wrapped his arms around the man's shoulders and snuggled closer.

"There's good and bad sides to everything, Niran. If it's worth it, you can endure it. And I know that you're strong enough to endure it. You've made it this far, after all." Hatori gave a slight smile and embraced him tightly. He hated to hear how distressed Niran was over these things, but he was also glad that he was able to confide in him.

Niran nodded and closed his eyes, pressing his face into Hatori's shoulder. "I know... It's just been especially hard lately..." he murmured. "my sister's been really struggling and I just wish I could be there..." He felt strangely relaxed by talking to the manager.

"I'm sorry, Niran." Hatori muttered, now feeling a bit bad for being so hard on him sometimes. Well, a little. Niran really could be a brat sometimes and he deserved it. But now the manager understood why he acted that way. He made a silent vow to work harder on getting opportunities for Niran to see his family.

Niran sighed softly and pulled away. "I'll be fine... I'm probably just tired" he slowly stood up, wincing at the slight pain that was still in his lower back. "um... So should I sleep in the guest bedroom again or...?" He blushed softly, embarrassed that he was even asking.

"Why would you sleep there?" Hatori asked slyly. He stood up with a yawn, deciding to finish the rest of his work in the morning. The extra time they would have before the show would give him the perfect time to get to some things that we're piling up. He grabbed Niran's hand casually and eased him back upstairs.

Niran followed him without another word, his face red. He plopped down on Hatori's bed and yawned. "don't wake me up until you have to, okay?" he mumbled, pulling all off the blankets to himself to make a cocoon.

"Hey brat, this is my bed too, you know." Hatori frowned, pulling back on the sheets playfully. He made sure the blankets were even over both of them before reaching to turn off the lamp. He settled comfortably in the bed, pulling Niran close to him. "Yeah, you're sleeping in tomorrow." he recalled as he kissed him lightly. "Good night, Niran."

Niran pouted and snuggled up against Hatori. "I'm not a brat... old man..." he grumbled, resting his head against the manager's chest. "and I want pancakes when I wake up..." he said quietly, barely loud enough to be heard.

Hatori nodded and grunted in response, already half asleep. He woke up promptly at his usual time, but he was careful not to wake Niran. After a quick shower, he was downstairs making coffee and powering up his laptop to do his work. He toiled over the phone and laptop for hours, arguing with venue managers and production crews, as well as scheduling Niran's plans for the next few weeks. Finally, he closed down the items and went to the kitchen, remembering Niran's request for pancakes. The thought of spoiling the star popped into his mind as he began pulling out the proper ingredients.

Niran stayed fast asleep until a little bit past ten. He slowly woke up and tried to get out of bed, but somehow got tangled up in the sheets and fell out of bed with a loud thump. "Haaatoooriiii" the young star wailed, trying to free himself from the blankets.

Hatori had just put on his apron to begin cooking when he heard a loud thump and the star crying out to him. He quickly went upstairs, fearing that Niran had seriously hurt himself. His concerned expression turned into a stale stare when he realized that he was simply caught up in the blankets. He sighed, shaking his head as he bent down to help Niran up. "What am I going to do with you...." he muttered, a smile tugging at his lips as he put the blanket back on the bed.

Niran scowled up at him. "it's not my fault that you have horrible blankets" he grumbled. Even he knew how silly it sounded to blame the blankets for it. He rubbed his eyes, still sleepy. "I need to pee" he muttered before heading to the bathroom.

"Alright, but I don't know how you like your pancakes made so you'll have to tell me." Hatori called over his shoulder as he headed back downstairs. He began making the batter from scratch, then searched for the proper things to add in. He had a package of chocolate chips. Would Niran want chocolate chip pancakes? There was also a container of blueberries in the fridge. Maybe blueberry waffles instead?

Niran came downstairs after a few minutes and hugged Hatori from behind, burying his face in the man's back. "pancakes?" he whined cutely. He tired to look over the man's shoulder to see what he was doing but realized he was too short to see anything.