Dear Big Brother with Love w/Pigeon

azuneko

Kiyo frowned and caught his arm. "Hey, it's okay, you didn't do anything wrong. I was just coming to tell you it's time for dinner."

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• Kotorichan

Natsu looked at his brother as he stopped moving. "Oh well alright then. Uh I'm not much of an eater as I was as a child so I do hope you guys didn't go overboard." he said staring at his brother's hand holding his arm. "Wow your still a lot strong than I am." he mumbles. Natsu wanted to et his brother to let go. He was worried the other would notice exactly how light he really was.

Kiyo frowned and pulled his brother into a tight hug. "what the hell happened to you Natsu? you're so different..." he said quietly.

"I got stuck with mother. That's what happened. She's the type to do whatever it takes to find a man who will spoil her. Even if it's selling her own child for a night or two." he said closing his eyes. Natsu liked the feeling of being hugged by Kiyo. Its where he'd always go to seek comfort when he was younger. His sense of calm was finally back. "I'll be fine as long as she doesn't come back for me. It may take some time to get use to living here though." Natsu said opening his eyes.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have let her take you..." Kiyo ran his hand through Natsu's hair. "I should have done something years ago.."

Natsu smiled a bit. "What's done is done. I'm here now and that's what counts. Don't worry too much. Your little bother isn't all that tainted by mother's terrible habits." he said slipping out his brother's arms. "You said something about dinner. Lets go before father starts to worry." Natsu said with a smile. He didn't want his brother to worry so much. He did go through hell being with their mother but one thing he managed to protect was his innocence. Natsu made sure no matter what he'd keep that from being taken by anyone he didn't love. He smiled to himself thinking, 'So far, so good...'

Kiyo frowned and stood up. "yeah, lets get you some food..." he paused for a moment "I'm not going to let her take you again..." he said quietly before leaving the room.

Natsu walked out of the room. He didn't wish to think at the moment. He walked down the hall and found his father in the kitchen. "Papa what are you making?" he asked with a smile. He glanced back at Kiyo. This was really nice. He was with the people he had always wanted to be with since he was younger.

Their father looked over and smiled. "I'm making chicken noodle soup and biscuits, I don't know what you like these days but I know you liked it when you were little..." he looked over at Kiyo "could you set the table Kiyo?" Kiyo nodded and started getting out plates

Natsu wasn't sure what his favorites were anymore. Store brought packaged meals were all he ate whenever he had the money to get one. He smiled and nods happily. "Sounds delicious papa. I can't wait to enjoy it." he said glancing over at Kiyo. "Do you need any help setting the table?" he asked.

Kiyo shook his head. "No, I'm fine. You can just sit down" He smiled at Natsu, trying to make his brother feel at home. He quickly finished setting the table and their father put the finished food in the middle.

Natsu nods as he sat down. He remembered the first time he asked Kiyo to set the table. He put everything all wrong. He could still see Kiyo and their father laughing at his cute mistake. He smiled as he looked at the food upon the table. "This feels so nice. Eating a home cooked meal with family. I almost forgot what this was like." he said

They both sat down. Kiyo frowned at Natsu's words. They started to serve themselves food. "so how have you been doing Natsu?" their father asked

natsu tensed up as he heard the question. He really didn't want to lie to his father. The other was so kind after all. "Uh, I'm doing much better since coming here." he said with a small smile. He then looked at the food before him. It was enough to make him cry tears of joy. Though he held them in for now. Natsu slowly began to eat the food made seemingly just for him. He was truly happy in this moment.

"are you still in school?" their father asked. Kiyo ate in silence, not really sure what to say to his brother. He watched Natsu out of the corner of his eye, feeling the overwhelming urge to protect him.

"School.... Well I graduated early and even finished college before I turned sixteen. Mother said If I finished school quickly I'd get to see Kiyo sooner. Though it too an extra thee years for that to happen." he said lowering his gaze. He finished eating and sighs a bit feeling happy. His stomach was full for the first time in a long time. He was truly happy. Natsu glanced over at Kiyo.

Kiyo listened to Natsu's words with a frown. As soon as Natsu finished talking he stood up. "That bitch" he snapped the words and stormed out of the room. "Kiyo!" their father called after him and sighed "I'm sorry Natsu, he gets like that sometimes..."

Natsu looked as his brother took off. He glanced to the side. "Please don't worry. I don't blame him for being upset. Mother did some things that would deserve such a reaction. Since I'm not one to get upset like that, maybe he's being angry for me." he said softly. He stood up to go after Kiyo. "I'll go see if he's alright papa." Natsu said going down the hall.

Kiyo was laying face down on his bed. He had his headphones on and was blasting music with his eyes shut. It was his own way of dealing with being upset.

Natsu slowly entered his brother's room. "Kiyo...? Are you alright?" he asked looking at the other. He honestly wasn't sure what to do or think. His brother was upset with their mother. She wasn't here so there was nothing that could be done about it. "I'm sorry I made you get upset." he said leaving the room. Natsu returned to the guest room and laid on the bed.

"shit..." Kiyo pulled his headphones off and got up. He went to the guest room and knocked on the door. "Nastu... I'm not mad at you..." he sighed "I'm mad at myself... I'm sorry"

Natsu turned to the door. He got up and opened it. "Why are you upset with yourself? It makes no sense. If anything I should be the one upset. I am not because in the end I got to come back here and see you. So lets make this time count. I don't want miss out on the chance to learn about my big brother." he said

Kiyo pulled him into a tight hug. "all this time I've been hoping you've been happy. I've missed you so much but I never actually found you..." he loosened his grip so he could look Natsu in the eye. "I want you to be happy... I've been a horrible brother for letting those things happen to you..."

Natsu listens to his brother. The other had a point. He too didn't like the idea of being away from his brother.The were together now and he wanted to make this count. "You can be the best big brother now. Do you remember me always clinging and following you everywhere. Lets do that again. If you don't mind."

Kiyo smiled happily. "I'd love to have you sticking to me like you used to" he poked Natsu's forehead. "you're still as cute as you were back then, I'll have to show you off to all my friends" he teased