Doctor & Patient {Bellala99 and Koe-chan}

BlaqueCatt

Lucas smiled softly at the nurse and took another spoon of the rice. “I enjoy chicken, that's for sure. This is delicious~“ He said softly before putting the food into his mouth. The man looked at the nurse and tilted his head while continuing to eat. “Do you know yet when will the police come to question?“ The blonde asked with his voice becoming a bit more serious. Truth was, he just wanted to get that over with... He was growing anxious while just waiting for it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Zombie_In_A_Box

The young nurse paused in smoothing out the sheets, and he pulled back, looking at Lucas with an equally serious expression. "It depends on your condition, but with the speed at which you're healing, I would say the day after tomorrow." He couldn't help but feel worried about this; what if the police were too hard on the blonde? What if they hurt him? Or worse--what if he really was guilty of a crime? The thought made Bo shiver and he pushed it to the back of his mind, not wanting to think about it.

Lucas' breathing hitched the slightest bit when he heard about how soon the police would come. No matter how much he wanted for that to be over... He was still scared. The blonde let out a shaky sigh and closed his eyes. "I see..." He muttered out under his nose before continuing to eat. The man wasn't even able to taste the flavor of the rice anymore. All that filled his mind was the questioning... What if his lie wouldn't be convincing enough? His family would know about what he did...

Bo studied Lucas' face, his own expression clearly showing concern. He could tell by the way the blonde spoke that he was very bothered by this information. Is he really guilty? he wondered, suddenly feeling wary of the man sitting in front of him. If he were innocent he wouldn't look so upset. Maybe he's the one who set the fire... The young nurse swallowed and dug his nails into his palm, telling himself to stop thinking that way. No, he's probably just afraid of the officers...I would be too, they're intimidating. Feeling slightly better but not much, he forced another smile onto his face and asked, hoping his voice wasn't shaking, "Well, is there anything else you need?"

Lucas kept his eyes closed until he heard Bo's question. Slight shakiness was noticable in the nurse's voice, and the blonde couldn't help but feel a bit guilty... He shook his head slightly and let out a small smile before glancing up at the younger. "No, thank you." He said quietly before eating the last bits of rice. "Though actually... Can I make the call now?" Lucas asked while looking at Bo. The man just had to call his family... Just in case something went wrong and he was to go to a prison.

The young man's blue eyes widened in surprise; he had completely forgotten about the call during his rush to get to the hospital. "Oh! Right, I'm sorry." He reached into the back pocket of his skinny jeans and pulled out an iPhone in a black case with a circle made of three red rabbits on the back. He typed in his passcode and handed the device over to the blonde man, his smile becoming a bit sheepish. "Um, technically I'm not supposed to let you call anyone...but if you use my phone instead of the hospital's, you should be all right." He rubbed his left arm with his right hand, dropping his gaze to the floor. "I'll step out of the room if you want."

Lucas smiled softly as he put the bowl away and took the phone. "Thanks." He said quietly as he looked at the device. "Yeah... I would like to talk privatly if you don't mind..." The blonde said softly while moving his gaze back to the nurse. He sighed softly as the idea of calling someone from his mafia as well came to his mind. No, maybe he shouldn't... He should keep quiet for now, and if anything were to happen... His boss would find a way. He always did.

Bo nodded, taking the empty bowl and plate from the man's lap before turning around and heading for the door. Once he was out in the hallway and the door was shut behind him, he let out a quiet sigh, his body tense with stress. Maybe I shouldn't have let him make the call, he thought as he leaned against the wall, his lips turned down into a pensive frown. What if he is a criminal and he calls another? They might do something bad... He shook his head to clear it, not at all liking these thoughts. He pushed off of the wall and started down the hallway, assuming he had time to return the plate and bowl before Lucas was finished with his call.

Lucas stared down at the phone for a while before letting out a sigh. If he waited, nothing would change... The blonde slowly dialed a number he knew so well by now and put the phone to his ear. "Hello?" After a while, his mother's voice could be heard. "Hi mom..." The blonde muttered out and closed his eyes. "Lucas? Is everything alright?" Her mother seemed to be worried... Really, he wasn't dying or anything. "I'm fine, thy said I was healing quickly... But the police will question me.." The woman kept quiet for some time before saying what Lucas had expected least. "About your gang?"

Bo's blue eyes were unfocused as he walked down the hall, his mind deep in thought. He barely avoided bumping into people, and more times than once he almost tripped over the little kids following their parents. I really shouldn't be so upset by this. I'm just his nurse, not his friend. He doesn't even know me well. We don't even know each others' first names. That thought filled him with a strange sense of disappointment; he wanted them to be friends, but wouldn't that be unprofessional? I've been using that word a lot... He looked up and blinked when he saw that he had reached the cafeteria. After scraping the remains of the food into a trash bin, he set them on the counter to be washed.

Lucas stayed quiet for quite awhile, unable to say a word. "H... How did you?..." He finally asked quietly while his mom let out a sigh. "Do you think I'm blind? Deaf? I can see what's happening around me... First that tattoo of yours, then you started meeting with friends that apparently 'I didn't know', you... You even paid less attention to Catherine. Don't underestimate the power of a mom - I'll know everything even if you don't tell me." When the woman was finished, the blonde couldn't find words that he could say, except... "I'm sorry..." It came out more like a whisper than actual words. The man could feel tears burning his eyes before he closed them. "I really am... I didn't... I didn't want to join them, I swear.." How come he sounded so pathetic even to himself?

Bo took his time returning to Lucas' room, wanting to give the man enough time to speak to his family. He went to take the long way back and ended up walking in circles, as he wasn't paying attention to where he was going. He passed by the nurses' station at least twice, and he wasn't the only one to notice it. A rather young nurse named Emily walked over to him on his third time around and held out a hand to stop him, a worried yet amused expression on her face. "Mr Riley, is something the matter? I think you've been going in circles. Are you trying to avoid doing your work? Or is Dr. Phillis pestering you?" Her voice snapped the auburn-haired man out of his thoughts and he blinked his big blue eyes a few times before focusing on her.

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss Williams. I was just...distracted." He bit his lip and looked down at the floor, shifting nervously on his feet. The other nurse gave him a small smile.

"All right, if you ever need to talk, come find me, okay?" The young man nodded and gave her a quick smile before walking away again.

The woman sighed softly when she heard her son's voice. It was hard to not believe his words when he said it in that voice... “Just... Be careful. I don't want you getting hurt because of what you did, alright?“ She asked softly while a few tears rolled down Lucas' cheeks. “Yeah... Thanks...“ He said quietly before his mom ended the call. Slowly, the man lowered the phone and his breathing hitched. He bit his lip to stop the tears so the nurse wouldn't question and sighed. The blonde put away his phone and rubbed his eyes to make sure there weren't any traces of tears left.

The auburn-haired man returned to the room five minutes after Lucas ended the call, making sure to knock on the door before entering. He gave the blonde man a small, rather timid smile, approaching the bed cautiously. He could see the sadness in those brown eyes as well as the redness around them that signified the older man had been crying. He didn't say anything about it, though, and chose his words carefully so that he didn't further upset his patient. "I hope it went well," he said politely, reaching out and taking his phone back. "Did you speak with your mother?" He kept his tone light and easy, not wanting the atmosphere to become heavier and darker than it already was.

Lucas flinched slightly when he heard the noise and turned his head to the direction of the noise. A smile didn't show up on his face like usual - he was rather shaken by what his mother said... The blonde sighed softly and watched the nurse walking closer to him as he let Bo take the phone. His brown eyes slowly lowered to his empty hands and he bit his lip, nodding slightly at the question. He didn't find the strength nor will to talk, so he simply didn't. Lucas glanced at the nurse with sadness in his eyes, silently thanking him for trying to make him feel better even with just his voice... Even that much actually helped.

Bo felt a little twinge in his chest, and he swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he put the phone back into his pocket. His smile faltered momentarily, but he summoned the will to hold it up for Lucas' sake. "Do you need anything else?" he asked gently, his blue eyes sparkling with concern. He hated the way that the blonde man was looking at him; so broken and sad. It hurt him more than it should to see him like that. "I think your wounds are healed enough to take a shower if you're ready. I can come back later if you'd rather rest."

Lucas let out a small sigh and shook his head at the first question. He didn't need anything Bo could give him... He wanted to see his mother and apologize face-to-face. When he did it through phone, it just... Didn't feel right. The blonde lifted his eyes back at the nurse when he heard the offer and nodded slightly. "Yeah... I think a shower would be nice right now..." The tall male said quietly before lowering his gaze back on the floor. Slowly, he stood bacdk up and glanced at the younger male, his eyes still filled with sadness which he wasn't able to hide. Not anymore.

The young nurse, unable to help himself, took a few hesitant steps towards the blonde man and placed a small, pale hand on his arm before quickly pulling away. "I...I know it's not my place, but...if you ever want to...to talk...I'll listen to you..." He stumbled over his words and his face was flushed once more in embarrassment. What am I saying? I'm just his nurse, not a friend. I'm not even a psychiatrist! he cleared his throat and backed away, turning so they were no longer facing each other. "I'll...go get the bathroom ready." He walked away without saying anything else, heading to the back of the room and opening the door opposite to the exit, disappearing into the bathroom.

Lucas blinked a few times before a faint smile appeared on his face and he nodded. "Thank you." He said softly, a little bit of life seemingly coming back to his eyes and voice. The blond watched how the nurse walked away and let out a small smile. He really was glad that he got Bo as his nurse... The boy was probably everything he could ask for... Even in his personal life. Having a friend like that would be simply great!

As soon as he was hidden in the confines of the small room, Bo put his hands on the wall in front of him and took in a deep breath, exhaling quietly. He willed the blush to fade from his cheeks, knowing that he needed to calm down, lest he end up further embarrassing himself. Get a grip, he commanded himself firmly, straightening and running his fingers through his hair, making it stick up a bit before falling back down into place. I'm acting like an idiot. he shook his head, then parted the shower curtains and started the water, gathering the soaps and cloths he would need while the water warmed.

Lucas smiled slightly to himself as he carefully walked around the room, testing out his legs fully as he waited for the nurse to come back. The blond glanced through the window again and blinked before walking over to it and looking down at the ground. The tall male gazed down at some kids playing in what seemed like a garden. His smile softened and widened a bit as he watched the kids running around... It would be great to have kids of his own someday...

Once the water was warm enough and a small amount of steam leaked through the open doorway, Bo's head peeked out from behind the door. "You can come in now," he said softly, holding a fresh towel in one hand. There was new body wash, shampoo and conditioner on the sink, as well as two cloths. "Um, I'm sorry if it's a bit hot...the steam is supposed to help your head..." And maybe relax you... he gave the older man a timid smile, shifting uneasily on his feet. The bathroom was plain and simple; the colors faded creams and blues, and the room itself was quite small, only able to fit two people at a time--the patient and the nurse.

Lucas blinked and glanced back when the he heard Bo's voice. He smiled softly and nodded before slowly walking over to the younger male, his brown eyes still holding small hints of sadness. "It's alright... If it'll help, I just have to go with it~" The blond said with a small chuckle. It may have been a little bit forced out, but at least it didn't sound completely dead. The tall male looked around a bit curiously before turning back to the other. "Do you need to take off the bandages before I get in?.."

The auburn-haired man nodded in response to his question. "Yes, the water might make the bandages stick to your skin. Can you take your gown off, or do you need help? How badly do your wounds hurt?" He was speaking faster than normal and everything was coming out in a rush as he attempted to hide his embarrassment and nervousness. His big blue eyes never stayed on one spot for too long, and his hands were gripping the hem of his shirt extremely tightly.

Lucas blinked a few times, looking at the nurse with his eyebrows raised the slightest bit. "I think I can take it off myself... The pain disappeared, at least a little bit... It's definitely better than in the morning." The blond said quietly as his brown eyes carefully studied Bo. "...Did something happen? You seem... Nervous." The tall male asked quietly while beginning to take off his gown. The tall male managed to unbutton it fully and glanced at the nurse with a soft smile on his face.