Doctor & Patient {Bellala99 and Koe-chan}

BlaqueCatt

Bo was well-versed in knowing that illness sounded like, and despite Lucas' efforts to keep quiet, the soft gasps and heaves echoed throughout the bathroom. The young nurse sighed and ran a hand through his auburn hair before opening the door. "Are you okay, Lucas?" he asked, even though he knew that the blonde was not all right.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Lucas flinched at the sound of the door opening and slowly stood up, wiping his mouth with the back of his mouth. "I'm fine." The blond muttered just loud enough for Bo to hear. He flushed down the toilet and walked out of the cabin, not looking at his boyfriend. It was like he was expecting to be yelled at - which he probably deserved. It was such a useless lie, he didn't know why he even said it. He wasn't fine, and yet he didn't want for Bo to know.

Bo walked over to the blonde and stood in front of him, calculating blue eyes observing his condition. "You should have told me," he said simply; there was no anger or disappointment in his tone. He was stating a fact. "If you had, I would have paid closer attention to what you were eating." He turned away and grabbed a paper towel from the dispenser. He wet it under the faucet and used it to gently wipe Lucas' mouth before pressing it against his forehead. "Sometimes even nurses have trouble seeing something like a fever. Hiding it won't help, and I don't understand why you tried to. All I would have done was help." He smiled slightly.

The tone in which Bo was talking was way worse than yelling. Lucas felt so goddamn disappointed in himself right now... The blond just stood there quietly,unable to lift his eyes up to look at his boyfriend. Only after the long silence did a small, quiet apology slip past his lips. The man truly didn't know what he was supposed to do now, nor did he know why he hid the fact he was feeling bad... Lucas extended one of his hands to grip onto Bo's, squeezing it lightly without any words. There wasn't anything he wanted to say...

"Don't be like that, Lucas," Bo scolded lightly, putting the wet cloth down on the counter and taking the blonde's hand in both of his. "It's not a big deal. I'm not upset. I'm just worried about you. That's all." He stood on his toes and placed a soft kiss on the taller man's cheek, inwardly grimacing at how hot the skin was. "Come on, let's go back to your room." He started to gently pull his patient towards the door. "I'll give you something for the fever, and when your stomach stops rolling, you can eat something light."

Honestly, Bo's soft words and light scolding only made Lucas feel worse about this. He nodded again, acting like a child that was getting yelled at. The blond followed his boyfriend, tightly holding his hand while trying not to fall or anything. It was kind of hard with his vision blurry from the fever. "I thought it would just pass... I didn't think it was serious..." Lucas mumbled softly, sniffling quietly.

Bo understood why Lucas had tried to hide it from him after seeing his reaction to being found out, but he didn't comment on it, knowing that his boyfriend already felt bad enough about it. "It may not be," he replied with a nod, carefully wrapping an arm around the blonde's wait once they were out of the confines of the restroom. Their pace was slow and forcibly steady with the young nurse taking charge. "It might even go away overnight." He couldn't be sure, though, with Lucas' injury.

Lucas nodded, just silently following his boyfriend. The blond was panting the slightest bit, unable to properly catch his breath. Really, it was dumb of him to hide his fever, he realized it now. Lucas leaned against Bo, glancing at him from time to time. "I... Thanks, Bo." He mumbled out softly when they reached his room. Reaching forwards to open the door, he flinched the slight pain of his wound. Gods, he couldn't wait for all this to be over.

Bo's eyes narrowed when he saw the flinch. The fact that Lucas had both a fever and pain from his injury hinted that the infection had returned. Quickly and with the precision of a trained nurse, he opened the door and brought the blonde over to the bed. "Stay still," he ordered in a no-nonsense tone. He got Lucas settled, then went to the bathroom to get the supplies he would need to check the wound as well as pills for the fever.

Lucas tensed up a little bit at the change in Bo's demeanor. Not saying a word to refuse or even question anything, the blond just went to sit down, feeling his heartbeat speeding up from the stress. The man stared at the wall in front of him, his heartbeat seemingly deafening to him, banging in his skull so loud it hurt. Gods, could he ever get better and stay that way?! He was beginning to doubt that now.

The auburn-haired young man returned to Lucas with a variety of items in his arms. He carefully set down the supplies on the table next to the bed and took a seat next to the blonde. "I'm going to have to check your wound," he said, "but first you need to take this." He reached for a bottle on the table and unscrewed the cap, shaking two white pills into his palm. He handed the pills and a cup of water to the older man. "This is for the fever, and it should help your stomach as well. But I need to make sure that the infection hasn't returned."

Lucas watched Bo with sad eyes, holding out his palm to get the pills. The blond nodded slowly, taking them into his mouth before swallowing down with water. The dry texture made him gag just the slightest bit; he was never good with pills. The man sat quietly, slowly tugging his gown down so that Bo had access to the wound. "Will you stay after this?" Lucas asked quietly, staring down at the ground.

Bo sighed when Lucas spoke, and he lowered his arms, putting the alcohol wipe he had been about to unwrap in his lap. His blue gaze focused on the blonde, and when he smiled, it didn't quite reach his eyes; they instead reflected worry and sadness. He hated seeing the one he loved in such a state. "Of course I will, Lucas. Why would I leave you?" With that said, he tore the package of the wipe and stood from the chair he had pulled up next to the bed, kneeling on the mattress so he could reach the wound. He used one hand to hold down the gown and the other to gently clean the stitched area. It had once again turned an angry red color.

Lucas looked down again, nibbling on his lower lip slowly. "I don't know." He muttered out quietly, his body tensing when Bo began cleaning the wound. The cloth felt really cold, and it kind of stung... The blond took in a deep breath through clenched teeth before slowly exhaling. He was trying to relax himself without making his boyfriend worried again. "I guess dating a nurse has it's pros, huh..." The man chuckled quietly, trying not to move his body too much. The least he needed was interfering with Bo doing his job properly.

This had Bo laughing softly despite the situation. "Does it?" He finished with the wipe and turned to put it down on the table. "I'm flattered that you think so." The bag on the table was opened, and the nurse took out a medium-sized, circular jar and a roll of fresh white bandages. Deja vu, he mused to himself as he unscrewed the cap, revealing a green, strange-smelling paste. "This will sting at first, but after a few minutes it will feel cold, which will help with the swelling and burning sensation."

Lucas smiled softly, happy that he managed to make the situation lighter. "Yeah, I mean... If you weren't my boyfriend, I wouldn't get a kiss after this. And I wouldn't be able to feel as good..." The blond talked softly, smiling sweetly at his loved one. The man nodded lightly, biting down on his lip while Bo applied the paste. It did hurt at first, making him feel really uncomfortable, but it passed... "Thanks.." He muttered once more, glancing up with a hopeful smile.

The young nurse withdrew his hand, a small smile on his face as he wiped the paste from his skin with a paper towel. There was a slight blush on his cheeks as well. I'm glad I make you feel good, Lucas, he thought, his shyness keeping him from saying this out loud. He tossed the paper towel into the trash bin behind him, then started to unravel the roll of bandages. "Hold still," he ordered, leaning forward again to gently wrap the cloth around the injury. Hopefully the cream would keep the bandages from irritating the stitches and making them itch.

Lucas smiled lovingly, having noticed a faint blush on Bo's cheeks. He leaned closer to press a quick peck to the other's right cheek before leaning back to let him do his job. The blond smiled and nodded at the order, trying not to tense up either. He watched Bo closely, though his eyes were hooded slightly from the fever. Once the bandages were wrapped around his chest, the man reached out to cup the nurse's cheek in one hand and leaned close for a kiss. "Thanks, really." He muttered for what seemed like a hundredth time today.

Bo tried to keep from grimacing when Lucas kissed him; he could feel the heat rolling off his skin from the briefest of contact, and it worried him. How did this come on so suddenly? I'll have to check his medical records and see if he has any problems with his immune system... "You're welcome," he replied softly, methodically wrapping the bandages around the blonde's waist at an even pace. He clipped the bandages at the small of the older man's back before pulling away. "I want you to rest, okay?" He phrased it as a question, but he wasn't asking.

Lucas nodded and smiled again, lightly rubbing his forehead. "Can I get anything for the headache?" He asked, feeling weirdly sluggish. The blond slowly crawled under the blankets, his eyes seeming empty for a moment before he let out a soft groan and hid his face into his palms. The headache was certainly getting worse... "Could you... The blinds?.." He mumbled softly, trying to somehow soothe the throbbing in his head. Little did he know, there was indeed a virus in his system. Could've been there for months... And just now showed itself. He never was a fan of condoms, after all, and he'd had enough one-night stands to catch something, especially thanks to his gang activities.

The auburn-haired young man nodded and halted the process of putting away the supplies in order to stand and move over to the windows. He pulled on the string to the right side of the blinds, and soon the room was relatively dark, even with the light seeping in from beneath the door from the hallway. "Is that better?" he asked softly, going back to the bed. He knelt beside Lucas, the supplies momentarily forgotten, and rushed a hand lightly across his warm face.

Lucas sighed out in relief and nodded, raising up his tired eyes to Bo. "Yeah, a lot..." He muttered out softly, lightly leaning into the nurse's heavenly cold hand. The blond closed his eyes, leaning back against the pillows, already feeling like taking a nap. "Will you be here when I wake up?" He asked quietly, his head falling back onto the pillow slightly. His only wish for now was to sleep... And maybe have Bo around, that would be nice too. Both could be achieved...

"I will be." At least, when you wake up. He didn't think he would be able to spend the entire time with the blonde, as he was now distracted by the many possibilities that could have led to Lucas contracting such a severe fever so quickly. Bo gently placed a kiss to the older man's forehead and brushed the hair from his brown eyes. "Go to sleep, okay?" He hoped that his smile was convincing.

Lucas smiled softly, nodding as he closed his eyes, seemingly a bit more relaxed. "Thanks... I will..." He muttered softly, turning to his side. It didn't take long for the blond to fall asleep, probably dreaming in the first fifteen minutes. His breathing seemed fine, and yet the fever wasn't going anywhere. From time to time, he'd shift and let out a cough, but nothing more for the moment. As long as someone figured out what was wrong, he should be fine.