Doctor & Patient {Bellala99 and Koe-chan}

BlaqueCatt

The auburn-haired man winced when Lucas hissed again, knowing that the balm would sting at first. "Does it feel better now?" he asked softly, his voice full of concern. He found that he absolutely hated the way Lucas' brown eyes looked when he was hurting. He finished applying the balm and took the roll of bandages from the table, looking at the blonde man uneasily. "Can you sit up for this?" He didn't want to cause the other man any further pain, but he also couldn't just leave the burn uncovered; it may get infected unless covered.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Lucas nodded lightly at the first question he heard. True, the balm was helping him sooth the pain... The blonde let out a small sigh and looked at the ceiling while Bo applied the balm on his burnt chest. He couldn't help but notice how gentle they actually were... The second question, however, made a small shiver run through his body, but he nodded nevertheless. Lucas slowly sat up, tightly gripping at the bed sheets under him as he tried to focuse on anything else than the pain... “Sorry...“ He muttered out an apology

"It's fine, just focus on breathing," Bo said reassuringly, putting one hand on Lucas' back to help him up the rest of the way and steady him. He gave the blonde man a small smile and began to unwind the bandages. "After this I'll give you some pain medication, but not too much, since the pain is more mental than physical." He pressed the tip of the bandage on his side and started the process of wrapping the man's chest, careful when the fabric went across the burn. His hands remained steady despite his concern for the older man. When he finished he pressed a piece of tape to the end of the bandages and secured it in place. He gave his work a quick once-over before reaching to the table and grabbing the bottle of pills. He unscrewed the lid and took out two instead of the three he had given him before. Remembering that Lucas would need water, he put the pills in the blonde's hand and went back to the sink, filling another paper cup with water and bringing it back. "I would recommend sleeping after this, but if you're hungry I can get you something."

Lucas let out a small grumble as an agreement to the other's words. He exhaled and closed his eyes while Bo bandaged up his chest again, feeling small shoots of pain still running through it. The blonde let out a shaky sigh as he gripped onto the bed sheets, slowly feeling himself calming down. If the pain really wasn't real... He could get it away by just believing it, right? The man breathed slowly, taking in deep breaths as the nurse finished bandaging his chest. The brown eyes slowly opened and he looked at the younger male with a small smile on his face. "Thank you..." He muttered out softly before leaning back against the pillows. Lucas gladly accepted the pills and waited until Bo got him the water, then drank both pills down. He tilted his head when he heard the other's words and smiled softly. "I would like to eat now."

The young nurse's smile became a bit brighter when Lucas smiled back at him, this one more pain-free. "Okay," he said softly, taking a few steps back from the bed. "What would you like to eat? You get to choose this time." His expression became a bit shy, as he was still embarrassed for not asking the other man what he had wanted the day before. He was also still concerned for the blonde's mental state as well as frustrated that he could not help him in that area. He had no idea why, but he felt as though he cared more for Lucas than what was normal for nurses. Although, it was his first patient, so he had no experience; maybe everyone felt this way? He highly doubted it. Perhaps I could talk to Dr. Phillis about having him see someone?

Lucas blinked and scratched his head slightly, thinking about what he wanted to eat. "Uhm... I'd like some rice then." He said with a chuckle as he watched the nurse's expression turning to a shy one. Bo's face made the blonde's smile increase and he chuckled lightly. Really, he was lucky to get Bo as a nurse... He was really nice. The man looked around the room and frowned slightly at the closed curtains. "But could you open the curtains before you leave?" He asked softly and turned his gaze back at the nurse.

Bo nodded and walked over to the windows with long strides, his black skinny jeans making his legs look longer than they were. He pushed both of the curtains to opposite sides of the windows, using the strings attached to them to tie them back. He turned towards the door, but then he remembered that Lucas liked to have the windows open. He undid the latch of the left-hand window and tugged it halfway open, doing the same for the right-hand window. When he was finished he went back to the door and picked up his coat from the chair, planning to store it away in the nurses' station before going to the cafeteria. "I'll be back in a few minutes," he said, closing the door behind him.

Lucas smiled when the room was finally filled with light. Honestly, it made him feel better already... The blonde looked at the nurse and nodded slightly when the later told him he's be right back. The brown eyes closed and he drifted away with his thoughts into a light slumber. It wouldn't take much to wake him while he was like that - merely someone opening the door would be enough.

Halfway down the hall, Bo ran into Dr. Phillis as the older man exited another room. "What do you need, Mr. Riley?" he asked with a grin on his face, his glasses sitting crookedly on his nose as he took in the auburn-haired man's worried appearance. Bo wanted to ask about getting Lucas further help for a possible mental illness. "You seem troubled." Bo forced a small smile, but it did not reach his uneasy blue eyes.

"I'm worried about Mr. Dragotse's condition," he began, and shrank back slightly when Dr. Phillis' grin changed to a disappointed frown. "N-not his physical condition," he stuttered; what he hated more than anything else was letting people down. "His mental health. He felt pain in his chest when really there was nothign wrong, and I think he's been having nightmares. Um, sir, it may be PTSD."

Small mumbles escaped Lucas' mouth as he contnued his peaceful slumber. The blonde shifted the slightest bit, yet it seemed to be enough for pain to shoot through his chest again. His brown eyes shot up instantly as he clutched onto his chest with a slightly pained expression on his face. Just imagining... Not real.. He tried to make himself believe this as he took in deep breaths, slowly closing his eyes. The man exhaled once the pain was gone and leaned back against the pillows. Really, he was regretting joining that mafia so much...

Dr. Phillis stared at Bo in surprise, his green eyes widening and the frown becoming more of a confused line. Then he realized what was going on and held back a smirk, instead making his face blank. "I see. Well, I'll make sure to check it out myself after your shift. If he is suffering from the disorder, I'll call someone in." The auburn-haired man's big blue eyes filled with relief and he let out a soft sigh, his shoulders dropping from their stiff position as his body relaxed. He hadn't even noticed how tense he was.

"Thank you, doctor," he said genuinely, giving the older man a bright smile before continuing down the hall towards the nurses' station. Once he was out of sight Dr. Phillis let out a short laugh, a knowing grin appearing on his face. I knew that kid paid more attention to Mr. Dragoste than normal. Perhaps Mr. Riley has a crush? He took a deep breath to calm himself down and walked in the opposite direction of the young nurse, interested in seeing how this played out.

Lucas started humming softly to himself to make the time pass faster. He began humming an old song - one his mother used to sing when he was little. The words were about a lost mockingjay trying to find his way back to his family. For some reason, the song stuck to the blonde's mind... He sighed softly as he repeated the melody over and over again, his brown eyes open as he stared through the window. He didn't even realize it at first, but... He'd missed the feeling of sun and wind already. He just wanted to go home...

Bo quickly put his coat away once he reached the station, folding it neatly and sliding it across the wood of the shelf. He stared at the coat for a moment, wondering if he had time to change into his scrubs, but decided against it and exited the storage room. He walked around the desk in the front of the station and made his way towards the cafeteria, repeating what Lucas had wanted in his head a few times so that he didn't forget. He wants rice, he told himself, so lost in thought that he almost tripped over the cleaning supplies that a janitor had left in the middle of the hallway. He let out a soft squeak when he felt his body tip and he stumbled away, looking around and seeing no one. His eyes landed on the bottle of cleaning spray and he sighed, silently berating himself for being so clumsy. Why am I so worried about him? he asked himself once again.

Sighing softly, the blonde pushed away the covers and slowly sat up on the edge of the bed. Lucas bit his lip slightly as he stood up, holding onto anything that was on his side. He looked around before slowly, step by step walking to the window. He had no bad thoughts in mind... All he wanted was to look through the window. His brown eyes nearly drank in the sight that opened up before him as he looked outside. The man never even knew how beautiful the blue sky actually was...

After entering the cafeteria, the young nurse began searching the available plates for one that contained rice. He found a meal with brown rice, peas, and chicken. He stared at it for a moment, wondering if it was a good choice. Eventually he decided to switch out some of the chicken for more rice and then picked it up, turning around and starting back towards Lucas' room. He wasn't sure of how long he had been gone, but he hoped that Lucas was okay by himself. Has the pain come back? he asked himself, biting his lip as he remembered the horrible look in the blonde man's brown eyes when he had been trying to sit up. He was sure that he didn't want to see that look ever again. His thoughts surprised him. He had never felt so worried about someone before, not even his own parents; he rarely saw them anyway. This is different from the way a nurse is supposed to feel, he realized as he approached the door to the room. He made the decision then to act as if he knew nothing about Lucas, act completely professional, like a nurse should. Even if he found the man interesting and would like to be friends with him, he would treat him only like a patient. It would make things much easier.

Lucas sighed to himself as he reached out and opened the window the slightest bit to let in some fresh air. A satisfied hum left his mouth as he stood by the window, his eyes closed, just enjoying the feeling for now. The pain had resided and, at least for now, he was able to move around at least a little bit. The man opened his eyes to look around, a soft smile on his face. He glanced down and let out a small chuckle. Really, all the people seemed so tiny...

Bo opened the door and his eyes widened when he looked up and saw that Lucas was standing. His first thought was very positive. If he's standing, that means he's feeling better. But then he remembered that he was supposed to be acting professional, and if a patient was up when they should be resting, they would have to be told to sit down. "Mr. Dragoste?" he called out softly, closing the door behind him as he walked in. "What are you doing out of bed?" he went to the table by the bed and put the plate of food on it. He made sure to have one of those tiny smiles that he saw all of the other nurses giving their patients on his face when the blonde man turned around. "You shouldn't be standing when your wounds have the chance of reopening."

Lucas blinked when he heard Bo calling out his name. He turned back with a small smile and tilted his head to one side. "Sorry, it was just a bit hot in the room..." The blonde said calmly before motioning to the window. "And I wanted to get some fresh air." He said softly and smiled, yet didn't move from his place. "Also, the pain seems to be disappearing..." He said more to himself than to the nurse while his eyes trailed over the blue sky. A small sigh escaped the man's lips as he closed his eyes for a few moments. His hair were lightly moved by the wind as he stood by the open window, the same small, soft smile staying on his face.

Bo's resolve to act like a regular nurse was slipping by the second; it was not in his nature to behave as if he didn't really care, because he did. Even if Lucas wasn't his patient, he would never do any less than his best to make them happy. His smile became more genuine, and his blue eyes softened slightly. "That's good," he said, watching the blonde man as he looked out the window. "That you're feeling better, I mean. I wish there was something I could do about the heat, though." He walked over to the windows and stood by Lucas side, peeking out curiously, wondering what he was looking at. "See anything interesting?" he asked. Normally he was shy around strangers, but he felt as if he had known Lucas for a while.

Lucas blinked his eyes open when the nurse walked over to him. The blonde let out a small chuckle at the question and looked back through the window. "Everything is interesting in its own way. For me, right now the sky is very interesting... Maybe it's just because I miss being outside." The taller male said quietly as he looked around, then his brown eyes finally stopped at Bo. "You're... Not exactly like other nurses." He commented softly, his eyes showing a bit of confusion. "I wouldn't say it's bad though... I'm glad I got you as my nurse."

The auburn-haired man felt his pale cheeks heat up at the praise, and he turned his head away, wringing his hands together in front of himself nervously. "R-really? I...I'm glad." He wasn't sure of what else to say. He had been afraid that none of his patients would like him because of how different he was from the other nurses. But if Lucas thought that he was a good nurse, then he would try to stay the way he was. "Um...maybe when your burn is healed enough, you can go outside? The hospital has a courtyard..." It was just wishful thinking; he knew the police would never allow it, but the words came out of his mouth on their own. "And, I, um, brought your food." He was incredibly flustered.

Lucas could feel a small laugh escaping his mouth as he watched Bo blush because of his words. His smile widened when he heard about the courtyard and the blonde nodded. “I'd love to.“ He said softly as his brown eyes were fixated on the brunette. The man couldn't stop himself from reaching out and tucking a few strands of hair under Bo's ear. “Thank you.“ He said quietly as he withdrew his hand, turned around and slowly got back to the bed. The man sat down on it as he reached out for the bowl and started eating, yet still glancing over at the younger man time at a time. Somehow, he could feel so calm and relaxed around him... Like he wasn't even at a hospital.

Bo let out a small 'eep' when the older man touched him, his blue eyes becoming as wide as saucers. His cheeks went from pink to red, and he bit his lip, turning his eyes to the floor and holding his hands together tightly, trying to calm down. "Um..." he stuttered, taking a deep breath and forcing the blush down. "O-okay...do you need anything else?" He tried to make his voice sound stronger, like he knew what he was doing and that he was in his element, but instead it came out shy and uncertain. Why did he touch me? And why did it freak me out so much?

Lucas felt something like satisfaction when he noticed that Bo's blush became bright from his touch. The man hid his smile by continuing to eat his rice and shook his head at the question. “No. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable...“ He apologized softly and smiled at the nurse. He'd never felt something like this... Lucas honestly thought that his nurse had got to be one of the cutest guys he's seen. Especially when the other blushed, only his adorable sister could possibly win against him.

Lucas' question seemed to snap the younger man out of whatever trance he had been in. "Oh, no, it's fine." He returned the smile, feeling that strange flutter reappear in his chest. "Do you like it?" he asked as he walked over to the bed, straightening the blankets while the blonde ate. "I wasn't sure if you would like the chicken or not..." He focused on his task, hoping it would distract him from the man's smile.