Doctor & Patient {Bellala99 and Koe-chan}

BlaqueCatt

"The authorities believe that the fire your son was injured in was the result of..." He knew that 'mafia' would sound too rough, so he changed it to, "...a gang fight. They want to find out if he was involved with the group under suspicion, and if not, if he saw anything." He then rummaged through his pockets for the number connected to his pager. "Personal nurses are used when the police are involved. It keeps the possible suspects from interacting with more than a select few." He leaned against the desk, one arm crossed over his stomach. He needed to get back to Lucas. "I'm going to give you the number to my pager, okay?"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Zombie_In_A_Box

The woman was clearly shocked. "Gang fight?..." She asked softly and let out a small sigh. "I see... I... Thank you for informing me..." She said quietly, her voice sounding sad. "Alright." She agreed simply to what the nurse said next and let out a shaky breath. "Can you just tell Lucas... That I know? He'll understand what I meant." The woman said softly.

Bo's blue eyes softened, and a small smile appeared on his face. He wished that he could have been this close to his parents. But they were always busy and expected so much from him without giving any support. "I think it would be best if you tell him yourself," he said quietly. "I'll make sure he can call you tomorrow." He then read off the numbers from the paper in his hand. "Thank you for speaking with me, Mrs. Dragoste," he said politely.

The woman exhaled softly and stayed quiet before answering. “Alright. We all really hope he gets home soon...“ She said quietly and wrote down the numbers that Bo told her to. “It was a pleasure to talk with you, Mr. Riley. Thank you for taking care of my son...“ She said softly before ending the call. It seemed like she was either upset or worried about something.

Meanwhile Lucas was at the line of panicking too much. He was thinking about getting out of this darn bed himself, but his burnt leg wouldn't take it... What was taking Bo so long?...

Bo sighed and put the phone back on its receiver, running a hand through his auburn-red hair before making his way down the hall once again to Lucas' room. He knocked on the door a few times before opening it, entering the room and giving the blonde man a small smile. "I called your home and spoke with Catherine. She's fine." He walked over to the table next to the bed and started to clean up the tape and paper cups. "You have a lovely sister, and your mother is very sweet." He crumpled the trash into a ball and tossed it into the bin by the door. "I explained the visiting situation to them and told them that you would be able to call them tomorrow." He did not mention what the woman had asked him to tell Lucas, knowing it would mean much more if she did it herself.

Lucas' eyes shot up at the door when he heard knocking. A few more minutes of waiting and he would've found a way to get out of bed and find the nurse himself... The man looked at Bo with worried eyes, yet they soon turned into relieved ones. “Thank you... I wouldn't know what to do without her...“ He said quietly and leaned back against the pillows. The blond let out a soft sigh when the other mentioned his mother. Lately he felt as if she was observing him closely, as if awaiting for something to happen. It was making him feel a bit uncomfortable... The brown orbs soon were visible once again as Lucas looked at the nurse. “You have no idea how much this really means to me...“

Bo shrugged and waved his left hand in dismissal of the thanks. "It was nothing. I have to help my patients, after all. It's what I'm here for." He gave Lucas a small smile. "Do you want to go back to sleep or eat now? It's up to you." The young nurse had no other patients, just as Lucas had only one nurse, so all of the auburn-haired man's attention was focused on the blonde. There was nothing else for him to tidy in the small room, so all he did was stand there, watching Lucas and waiting for an answer, shifting rather awkwardly on his feet. He normally appreciated silence, but for some reason it seemed a bit odd at the moment.

Lucas smiled softly at the nurse and tilted his head a bit. "I would like to eat now... I don't think I would be able to go back to sleep..." The blond said quietly and looked at the nurse. "Would you mind keeping me company?" He asked softly and looked at the other, his face a bit paler than usually. The man kept his eyes on the nurse while smiling softly. It was nearly a habit for him to smile nearly all the time and he couldn't get rid of it. The thing was, his smile oftenly made people feel a bit uncomfortable...

Bo found the smile somewhat endearing, and he was surprised when he heard Lucas' request. "You want me to stay?" Nurses didn't normally stay with their patients unless they needed help with something, and keeping them company was almost unheard of. "I...I suppose I could." He was slightly flustered, not knowing if he would get in trouble for doing this. Then again, he had made a phone call for the man, and that wasn't normal either. "I'll...go get the food." He turned around before the blush returned and left the room.

Lucas blinked and let out a chuckle before nodding. "Yes, I would like for you to stay. I believe that eating alone isn't quite as nice as eating with someone..." He said softly before the nurse left the room. The blond smiled to himself and closed his eyes as he let a small sigh escape his lips. Catherine... He missed her so much... Honestly, he just wanted to hear her voice right now. The girl never failed to make him happy, after all.

The young nurse hurried down the hall towards the cafeteria, trying to calm his thoughts. Act professional, he reminded himself over and over again, taking deep breaths through his nose. He had no idea how the other man was able to embarrass him so easily; although, once again, he considered that his fumbling may be only nerves. He had done very well in his simulated classes, but the real thing was much different, he reassured himself. He arrived at the cafeteria after a few minutes of walking and went to the section that had meals prepared for the patients.

Lucas covered a yawn as he waited for the nurse to come back. He kept his eyes closed for the time being as he unconsciously reached out to lightly trail his fingers over the bandages on his arm. The man scratched the back of his head afterwards, just thinking about how much easier his life would've been if he hadn't gotten into the goddarn mafia... It basically ruined all of his chances of getting a normal family or just being safe. Now each step was watched by the "boss"... Lucas was growing both tired and scared.

There were a number of other nurses and doctors in the cafeteria, but nobody paid him much attention, as he was not well known at the hospital. He slipped through crowds unnoticed, making his way to the counter. He browsed through the food choices before deciding on one that he though Lucas would like. With the plastic-covered plate in his hands, he exited the room as quickly as he had come, and tried to bury his thoughts and focus on his work. I'm just his nurse, not his friend.

Lucas let out a small hum and opened his eyes, sighing softly. He wanted for someone to at least open up a window... Or even better - he wanted to take a shower. Was it even possible in his current state? The blond blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes as a slight yawn escaped his mouth. A little bit more sleep wouldn't hurt.. But he probably wouldn't be able to even fall asleep. And even if he did, who knew just what would be awaiting for him...

A knocking sound was heard on the door to Lucas' room seven minutes after Bo had left. The younger man opened the door, balancing the plate on one hand, and gave his patient a small smile. "Do you like fish?" he asked softly as he closed the door, walking into the room. He placed the plate on the table next to the bed and bent down to push a button on the side of the bed-frame. There was a soft click, and then Bo pulled a tray table out from the side of the bed, which was attached to a metal arm. He maneuvered it so it was over Lucas' lap. He then put the plate on the tray and went to open the curtains that were keeping the room dark.

Lucas blinked his eyes open and looked at the nurse with a smile. “Yes, I do.“ He answered simply and watched as Bo pulled out the tray. Once thee food was on his lap, the man smiled and started eating until he noticed that the room was getting brighter. “Oh, can you open a window?“ He asked softly and continued eating. Sure, the food wasn't the best. one he's eaten, but it was good. Still, no one could win over his mother... Her cooking was simply amazing. The blond licked his lips unconsciously as he put in another piece of the fish into his mouth.

Bo nodded, not knowing that Lucas wasn't looking at him, and unlocked the latch above the window before pulling it halfway open. He tied the curtains together on either side and narrowed his eyes at the sudden brightness. He then turned around and smiled when he saw that the blonde man was eating. "I'm sorry for not asking what you would prefer. It just...slipped my mind." He ran a hand through his hair sheepishly. "Next time you can tell me what you want." Remembering Lucas' request, he took a seat in the visitor chair next to the bed, his hands folded in his lap. he kept his blue eyes on the floor, tapping his foot unconsciously.

A slightly relieved sigh escaped Lucas' lips when he felt a soft breeze coming through the window. The man closed his eyes for a few moments, just to enjoy the feeling. Once he heard Bo's words, the older male blinked and smiled softly while shaking his head. “It's alright, besides, I like fish.“ He said softly and continued eating. It didn't take long for the man to finish and he licked his lips to make sure there was nothing else left. He then turned to the nurse and smiled softly. “I'm glad I got you as a nurse... I don't know if anyone else would listen to my requests...“ Lucas chuckled and looked at the shorter male with soft eyes.

Bo lifted his head and gave Lucas a small smile, a few strands of hair falling into his eyes. "I'm sure they would listen," he said softly, always embarrassed by praise; he did not like being the center of attention. He was pleased that he had managed to make Lucas comfortable, and felt that he was lucky that the blonde man liked fish. "Do you need anything else?" the auburn-haired man asked, tilting his head slightly. It was getting late, and the sun was already going down. Unlike other nurses Bo did not have to work night shifts because he was a student and still had classes in the morning.

Lucas shook his head and smiled softly. “No, thank you. Sorry for being such a bother...“ The man said with a weak chuckle. He rubbed his eyes and sighed softly while setting the plate aside. “Tomorrow I'll be able to call my family, right?“ The blonde asked, just wanting to make sure. Oh, what wouldn't he do to hear Catherine's voice right now... He missed the girl so much already! To think that he'd only be able to see her in a few weeks... It really was upsetting.

Bo looked at him in surprise. "You're not a bother! It's my job to take care of you!" He couldn't believe that people even thought that way. It wasn't like Lucas tried to get himself injured. "And yes, tomorrow you can call them." Unfortunately he wouldn't be at the hospital in time to wake Lucas up or give him breakfast. He had late classes and could only come in after the middle of the day. Dr. Phillis would be helping him until the young nurse arrived.

Lucas let out a weak chuckle and shook his head. “Still, I feel like I'm causing you a lot of trouble... I mean, you're a new nurse here, and you got someone like me as a patient... That's not exactly a dream life.“ The blonde said softly and ran a hand through his hair. A small sigh escaped his lips and Lucas yawned, lightly shaking his head to get rid of the annoying feeling. “Oh, right... Can I take a shower?“ The older male asked while tilting his head. His body was still sweaty and he hated that feeling... Though he was with bandages - they would probably get in the way if he took a shower...

Bo frowned, his blue eyes filled with confusion. "I want to be a nurse, so yes, it is my 'dream life'." He kept his voice quiet, wondering if Lucas thought that being a nurse or a doctor was a horrible occupation to have. He turned his gaze to his lap and fiddled with the hem of his blue scrub-shirt, his thin, pale fingers lightly tugging on the fabric. "You won't be able to take a shower until your injuries have closed and the swelling has gone down. Unlike cuts or gashes, burns can't be stitched, so they have to close on their own. It should only be for a few more days, though. And your concussion might make it difficult to stand."

Lucas smiled slightly and closed his eyes. “Well, I'm not one to argue...“ He said softly, his smile saddening slightly, yet remaining just as soft as always. The blonde sighed softly and opened his eyes, looking at the nurse. “Alright, I see. I guess since I have trouble standing, someone will help me out?“ The man asked with a chuckle and looked at Bo with a look that held everything from curiousity to sadness. “Or maybe it will be you?“

The young man studied Lucas' face, not understanding why there was so much sadness in his eyes. The curiosity and gentle smile did nothing to hide how he really felt. It was obvious that he was in pain, and not just physically. What really happened in that fire? Bo wondered, knowing it had something to do with why the blonde man was so depressed-looking. But Bo was a nurse, not a psychiatrist. "I would help you," he confirmed.