Doctor & Patient {Bellala99 and Koe-chan}

BlaqueCatt

Lucas let out a soft smile and nodded. "Alright, I understand." He said quietly as he closed his eyes. "Can I ask you one question? How old are you?" The blond asked quietly, keeping his brown eyes hidden by eyelids. The man was wondering for quite some time already... Bo seemed young, that was for sure, but he was a nurse! How old did you need to be to become one anyway?... A small sigh escaped Lucas' lips as he waited for his answer, supporting his body with the hand that wasn't wounded. He himself wasn't that old... Yet he could say for sure that he's gone through a lot already.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Bo was surprised by the question, and he tossed the used papertowel into the trash bin before answering. "I'm twenty-five," he replied, opening the cabinet above the sink to put the jar back. He took out a small white bottle of pills and a paper cup, filling the cup with water. He walked over to the bed and looked down at Lucas, tilting his head slightly. "Why do you ask?" He set the bottle and cup on the table, picking up the bandages again, ready to wrap the burns. The balm had dried enough that it wouldn't come off when the bandages were applied.

Lucas blinked a few times as his eyebrows raised a bit unconsciously. "You just... You look younger than that." He muttered out softly and tilted his head to one side. So the guy was only a year younger than him... The blond exhaled and looked at the nurse with a slight smile on his face. His expression seemed to soften a bit as he watched the brunette, waiting for him to put on the bandages. When this was over, only his leg would be left... A small sigh escaped the man's lips and he looked at Bo while lightly biting his lower lip. "Will you ask if I can make a call to my family?"

The auburn-haired man smiled and knelt once again on the bed, unwinding the roll of bandages. "Yes, I'll ask." He started to gently wrap the bandages around the red wound, his bright blue eyes becoming dark with focus. He worked slowly but efficiently, trying his best not to irritate the burn. "You'll probably have to call them tomorrow, though." He took a piece of tape from the table next to him and secured the wrappings in place. "That feels okay? Not too tight, is it?"

Lucas let a small smile appear on his face as he nodded. "Okay, I see..." He muttered out softly and looked at the nurse, noticing the other's eyes darkening. His sister had to worried so much already... How long was he out again? Two days? And if he was only able to contact his family tomorrow, she... No, all of his family members would get worried. "Yeah, it's fine." He answered quietly and looked at Bo with clear eyes. "Does my family at least know that I'm here?"

Bo grabbed the bottle and the paper cup from the table. "They know you're here. We called them as soon as you came in. They were upset that they couldn't visit you, but they understand." He handed Lucas the cup and took out three of the pills. "These will help with the pain, but it will make you drowsy, so it's best if you try and sleep for a few hours." He extended his hand to the blonde man, the three white pills sitting in his palm.

Lucas let out a relieved sigh and nodded. "That's good to hear." He said with a soft smile as he took the medicine and water from Bo's hands. The blond nodded slightly at what the nurse said and drank the medicine, closing his eyes for a while. Once he'd emptyed the cup, Lucas put it away and blinked a few times before slowly getting back into a laying position. The brown eyes gazed up at the nurse as a soft smile appeared on his face. "I suppose you will be the one to wake me?" He asked with a soft chuckle.

For some reason, the question combined with Lucas' smile caused a light pink blush to appear on Bo's pale cheeks. "Yes, I will be. I'm the only nurse assigned to you, after all." He stood up and pulled the blanket over the man's body before going over to the window on the side wall of the room and closed the curtains so the room was dark. Then he went back over to the bed and placed a silver device with a yellow button in Lucas' hand. "Press this if you need anything."

Lucas let out a chuckle when he saw the blush on the nurse's cheeks. It made him look simply adorable... The blond was quite happy to hear that Bo would be the one to wake him... Wait, why was he feeling happy anyway? The brown eyes slowly began closing as he listened to the smaller male talk, nodding slightly. "Alright..." He muttered out and smiled softly. It didn't take him that long to fall asleep - both the medicine and the wounds made it that way.

Bo smiled gently at the blonde man when he saw that he was asleep. He let out a quiet sigh and walked over to the door, stepping out of the room and into the hallway. He shut the door behind him and made his way to the nurses' station. He passed by Dr. Phillis in the hallway and stopped him. "Dr. Phillis? Mr. Dragoste is asleep. He wants to call his family, though. Is that alright?" Dr. Phillis looked thoughtful. He tilted his head and tapped on his chin.

"I'll have to ask the police, but he should be able to. I'll tell you tomorrow morning." The young nurse nodded.

Lucas slept for a few hours quite peacefully. Yet, at one point, his pleasant dreams turned into nightmares... He found himself in the building that was on fire, and seemingly from every corner there was his little sister's voice calling for help. The blond couldn't find her anywhere, and her cries grew weaker as each second passed. Then everything crumbled apart and all that was left was darkness. Still, silence didn't come along... It was still his sister's voice, but now it was nearly angry. She was blaming him for... Killing her.

The man woke up with a sharp breath, sweat drops shining on his forehead. His eyes were wide and Lucas gripped onto his slightly damp hair with a panicked expression before frantically pressing the yellow button. He had to at least know it was just a dream!

Bo jumped when the pager in his front pocket went off; the sound was not loud but the vibration startled him. He quickly finished the tea he had been drinking and threw out the cup, making his way to Lucas' room. He was there in two minutes flat, opening the door and looking in. His blue eyes widened when he saw the older man's panicked expression and sweat-covered face. He was standing next to the bed soon after, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Mr. Dragoste? What's wrong?" He put a hand on the others' forehead to check for a fever; the medicine was not supposed to cause an allergic reaction due to his records, but there was always a possibility. No fever...no discoloration...his breathing is fast but not irregular...did something scare him?

Lucas' breathing was still uneven when the nurse came in. His brown eyes shot up at Bo and a slight groan escaped his lips. "Call my family. I don't care what you have to do to call them, but contact them and make sure a girl named Catherine is alright." The words that left his mouth weren't either calm or gentle. The blond was panicking, the girl was the reason he lived through! He wouldn't know what to do without his little sister... The man's hands tightly gripped the bed sheets as he looked at the nurse with panicked eyes. "Please... I just... I have to know she's alright."

Bo's eyes widened to twice their normal size, and he pulled his hand away from the man's forehead. So he had a nightmare... He was curious as to who Catherine was, but he didn't dare ask; it was none of his business and may upset the blonde man. "Calm down, Mr. Dragoste. Stress is not going to help your condition." With rather impressive speed he had another cup of water in his hand and extended towards Lucas. "Drink this and try to relax. Once you're breathing normally I'll find out about Catherine, okay?"

Lucas nodded slightly and closed his eyes, trying to even out his breathing. Really, Catherine was his weak spot... The blond lifted up the cup with slightly shaking hands and drank down the water, keeping his eyes closed. The man took some time to calm down completely, and even then he could feel worry about his sister. Lucas' hands were trembling and the cold sweat drops rolled down his face. The only thing that was in his mind right now was Catherine. She was everything he could think about...

While Lucas had been drinking, Bo had gone to the sink and returned to the bed in less than a minute. He gently pressed a cold cloth to the blonde's cheek, pausing to let him know what he was doing before running the cloth over his face, avoiding the eyes and wiping off the sweat. He used his free hand to take the cup from his hands and place it on the table. "Unsettled nerves will make you sick to your stomach, and you'll be susceptible to a fever," he explained. He removed the cloth from his face and gave Lucas a small, reassuring smile. "I'll be back in a moment, all right?" He turned and went to the door, going to inquire about Catherine.

Lucas nearly flinched when he felt something cold pressed up against his cheek. It took him a few moments to realize that it was the nurse wiping off his sweat. A shaky sigh escaped the man's mouth as he nodded at what Bo said, even though his brain didn't manage to understand it fully. The only thing that got stuck in his mind was his little sister's name. The blond stared down at his now empty hands and swallowed nervously as he closed his eyes, silently begging for everything to be okay.

The auburn-haired nurse walked briskly down the hall, his steps filled with purpose. He reached the nurses' station and went up to the desk, reaching for one of the phones. Behind him, a brunette woman noticed what he was doing and approached him curiously.

"Mr. Riley? What's wrong? I heard your pager go off earlier. Is your patient all right?" Bo jumped at her voice, as he was easily surprised, and he looked back at her, smiling,

"He's okay, Ms. Wilson. He just had a nightmare." The woman tilted her head, watching him for a moment as he dialed a number.

"Who are you calling, then?" Bo put the phone to his ear and waited a moment before replying.

"He wanted me to check on someone names Catherine. He won't be able to sleep unless I do." There was ringing on the other end. Ms. Wilson laughed softly.

"Mr. Riley, you're too good with your patients. You're the only nurse I know who would do something this personal for a patient. It's a nice change." Bo blushed slightly at the praise.

After a few moments, someone picked up the phone. "Hello?" A yound girl seemed to be the one who answered. If anything, she sounded either scared or nervous. "Can I help you?" She questioned, maybe trying to sound a bit more mature.

Meanwhile, Lucas wasn't able to get rid of the nightnmare. His sister's voice was ringing through his ears and he could feel his heart beating faster. Please don't let anything happen to her.... He begged silently, even if he had no idea to whom he was praying to.

Bo smiled at the voice, finding the girl's attempt to act older rather cute even though he couldn't see her. "Hello, my name is Mr. Riley. I'm a nurse at the Shizuka Hospital. I would like to speak to Catherine, please?" He realized then that the young girl on the other end of the line might be Catherine, and he wondered if Catherine was Lucas' little sister. If she is, it's no wonder why he was so upset by the nightmare.

"Shizuka Hospital...? T-That's where Lucas-..." The girl stopped for a few moments, taking in a deep breath. "Is he alright? Did something happen? I-I'm Catherine! Did something happen to my brother?!?" She was clearly upset with the fact that a nurse was calling from the hospital her brother was in. All her tries to be more mature faltered in a few seconds. She sounded like a simple, scared child right now.

The young nurse kept his tone steady, understanding the girl's reaction. "Your brother is fine. He just asked me to check on you and make sure you were all right." He felt a twinge of longing for a sibling he could care so deeply for, but he knew that one child has been enough for his parents. Perhaps that was another reason why he wanted to take care of people. He's lucky to have such a sweet sister.

A sigh of relief could be heard coming from the other side. "I-I'm alright..." She said quietly, staying silent before asking a question, "Can I-... No, can we all see him now? Will he be okay?.." The girl questioned a bit sadly, yet right after the questions, someone took the phone and a matured woman's voice was heard. "Excuse me for interrupting, but that's my son you're talking about. Can you tell me if he's okay?"

Bo sighed inwardly when he heard the voice of Lucas' mother; children and injured adults he could deal with, but not healthy adults. They intimidated him despite he being an adult himself, though a young one. "Yes, your son is fine. He's sleeping now and will be able to speak to you tomorrow. Unfortunately you cannot visit him until the police have questioned him." He was being blunt, since there was no reason to lie or beat around the bush. They needed to know the truth anyway. "I'm his..." Nurse in training? That wouldn't comfort the worried parents. "...personal nurse," he finished smoothly, barely missing a beat. "My name is Bo Riley. Would you like my number so you can call and ask how he is when he's not available?" He had no idea why that last sentence left his mouth, but he couldn't take it back. Maybe it's just the nerves from my first patient...

The woman stayed quiet throughout all the time that Bo was speaking. "When will the police question him? Why?" These were the two questions that first left her mouth, afterwards she muttered out something to Catherine, about going out to play. "Is he in any trouble?" She finally asked, and it could be heard that she walked over to sit down. "I would appreciate it if you left me your number, though... Why did he get a personal nurse? I haven't heard of this before." She finished quietly, worry in her voice.