Doctor & Patient {Bellala99 and Koe-chan}

BlaqueCatt

Lucas smiled at the nurse while tilting his head. "Ah, that's... That's really good to know." He said softly and unconsciously rubbed the bandages on his arm. "Somehow, that actually makes me feel better... Thank you." The blonde said quietly, his eyes showing a small tint of happiness - like a small ray of light in a dark hole of sorrow. The man sighed softly and closed his eyes for the time being. "I think I would like to try and go back to sleep..." He muttered out softly.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Bo felt his heart flutter when he noticed the small shimmer of happiness in the other man's eyes, but his mind quickly found it irrational and dismissed the feeling. He gave Lucas a small smile in return, standing up from the chair and once again making his way to the window. He untied the curtains and pulled them back over the glass, closing and locking the window latch as well; it was precautionary, as some patients formed wild escape plans in the middle of the night. He checked to make sure that the bed was in order--clean sheets, unjammed call buttons, etc.--before taking the empty plate and putting away the tray table. "I'll see you tomorrow, then. Sleep well." With that, he left the room, closing the door behind him.

Lucas opened his eyes to observe the nurse as he closed the window and fixed his bed. The blond nodded slightly before carefully getting comfortable in the bed, putting his head on the fluffy pillow. A small smile was on his face yet again when Bo said his goodbye. “Thank you...“ The man said softly while watching the younger male walk out. Lucas closed his eyes completely and sighed softly while lightly gripping onto the pillow. He was afraid of falling asleep... Apparently, the fear didn't stop him. It didn't take too long for the blonde to fall asleep - and this time without any nightmares. He slept through the night calmly, only nice dreams visiting his mind.

The auburn-haired nurse let out a quiet sigh after he had shut the door, leaning against the wall and closing his eyes for a moment in an attempt to sort out his thoughts. It was not like him to get flustered so easily, and he had no idea what was wrong with him. I'm probably just tired, he thought, shaking his head before starting down the hall. The hospital was far from empty, but it was slightly less busy now that families had gone home for the night and left their loved ones in the doctors' care. Bo deposited the empty plate in the nearest trash can and made his way to the nurses' station. He opened the door behind the front desk, where the nurses' coats, purses, and bags were kept, and went to his shelf. He grabbed his long black coat with a white-furred hood and slipped it on, buttoning it up over his scrubs and putting his black school-bag over his shoulder. He waved good-bye to the other nurses in the station before walking to the front of the hospital.

Lucas slowly opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling for a while. Hospital... A quiet sigh escaped his lips as the blonde closed his eyes again, not really wanting to wake up yet. The bed was warm, and there really wasn't any reason for him to get out of bed... He even couldn't do it. The man yawned softly and shifted a bit in the bed, trying to fall back asleep... Yet his efforts were fruitless. Lucas groaned in irritation before slowly sitting up, feeling the wounds on his chest stinging slightly. A small curse left his lips while the blonde was trying to lean back against the pillows in a way they wouldn't be uncomfortable. Lucas shook his head slightly to get rid of the last bits of sleepiness and sighed. Now he's just have to wait for someone to come to him... What time was it anyway? It had to be at least midday...

Mere seconds after Lucas awoke, Dr. Phillis threw the door open with a swish of his white coat. His glasses gleamed as he flicked on the light switch, and there was a grin plastered on his face. "Ah, glad to see you're awake!" he exclaimed, his rather long black hair touching his chin as he walked over to the bed. "I'm going to check you over and make sure that all's well." It was routine for doctors to monitor their nurses' work, especially when dealing with a nurse-in-training, but the real reason Dr. Phillis was there that morning was because Bo had not shown up for work yet.

Bo was, at the moment, still at his university, sitting in the middle of a lecture hall with only three other students. The discussion was running very late, and most had already left, but the auburn-haired young man was very studious and did not want to miss out on any information. His mind was wired for listening and focusing on his notebook, so all thoughts of the hospital were in the back of his mind. He would not be penalized for showing up late, as it was an internship and he was not vitally needed, but he had promised to be there when Lucas woke up.

Lucas flinched slightly when the door flew open. He stared at the doctor for a few moments before letting out a small sigh. “It's quite nice to be awake...“ The blonde muttered out while keeping his gaze on the other. Okay, truth was, he was just a little bit upset that it wasn't Bo who greeted him in the morning... He'd grown to like the boy even with this little time.

The man looked at Dr. Phillis with a small smile playing on his face. “Alright, thank you. Can I just ask... Where is nurse Riley? I thought that he was going to be the one taking care of me?..“ Even if Lucas tried, he failed at making it seem like he wasn't disappointed at all.

Dr. Phillis' sharp green eyes caught on to the disappointment in Lucas' eyes the moment he started speaking. He gave the blonde man a knowing grin and shrugged before walking over to the side of the bed, holding yet another clipboard and pen. "He is the one taking care of you. He's just not here yet. I believe that he's still at his classes." He was careful to make it clear that the situation was out of Bo's control; it would not go over well if Lucas thought that the young nurse was avoiding him on purpose. "I'm sure he'll be here as soon as he can." He then flipped through a few of the papers on the clipboard, looking for Lucas' sheet. When he found it he asked, "How's your head feeling?"

Lucas blinked and let out a soft smile. "That's good to know..." He said softly as he watched the doctor with a soft smile playing on his face. The blonde tilted his head when he heard the question and rubbed his forehead slightly. "It's definitely better than yesterday, but it's not completely gone..." He said a bit unsurely. "I still feel a bit dizzy, but that's probably because I woke up not too long ago." The man said quietly and lowered his arm back on the sheets. He looked at Dr. Phillis with a slightly sleepy smile. "I'm sorry, but is it possible to get coffee here?"

The older man laughed, finding Lucas' question to be very amusing for some reason. "No caffeine in your condition, Mr. Dragoste. Perhaps in a few days you can have some with your breakfast." He adjusted his glasses on his nose and scribbled something down on the paper. "Alright, now I'm going to take your blood pressure and your oxygen intake, just to make sure the smoke didn't damage your lungs. Also, I'll have to examine your bandages. If they're clean they won't need to be changed today." He set the clipboard down on the table by the bed and took a small yellow device out of his pocket, along with a meter to check his blood pressure. "Can you sit up? I'll need your hand."

The lecture ended at 12:50 am, almost an hour after Bo was supposed to return to the hospital. The auburn-haired man sighed when he looked at the clock, and he gathered his books and papers into his arms before making his way to the door. His footsteps quickened once he was in the hallway, and he was soon running out the front doors of the university. He didn't have time to return to his apartment and put away his supplies, so he threw the books into the back seat of his small black car, slamming the door shut and getting into the driver's seat. He started the engine and checked his mirrors before pulling out of the parking lot, on his way to the hospital.

Lucas was rather upset. No coffee? Damn, and he was hoping that it would be possible to get some... A small sigh esaped the man's mouth as he kept his eyes on the other, his smile slowly fading out. The blonde nodded slightly when the doctor asked him to sit up and did just that, supporting his weight with the hand that wasn't injured. His brown eyes closed for a few seconds when he felt a small sting going through his chest. It felt like the wound's re-opened... Maybe it was because of the nightmares? He was shifting and turning a lot... The man looked at the doctor as he extended his arm and managed a smile on his face. "He told me I'd be able to call my family today. When can I do that?"

Dr. Phillis paused, his hand already wrapped around Lucas' wrist. He had not been informed of the younger man making any calls. Bo must have promised him...damn, that kid's too nice. He let out a sigh and slipped a gray padded clip around Lucas' middle finger, turning on the small yellow machine. "Breathe in and out deeply," he instructed, his eyes focused on the small screen on the side of the device. "You can ask Mr. Riley when he comes in when you can call them." He didn't want to crush Lucas' hopes--he was much too nice--but he also didn't want Bo to get in trouble. So he would pretend that he didn't know, and try to keep it a secret. The machine let out a small beep when it was finished reading the blonde's oxygen levels, and Dr. Phillis pulled the clip away. "Hmm, normal. That's good. Next is blood pressure."

Lucas nodded and took in deep breaths, yet still kept his gaze focused on the dotor. It seemed like the question made Dr. Phillis feel... Confused? That was probably the closest guess... The blonde watched how the other observed the screen and sighed in slight relief when the doctor said everything was normal. He nodded at the following words and tilted his head, waiting for whatever he had to do next. "Oh, when will the police come to question again?.. Is there any way to make it quicker?" He asked, biting the inside of his cheek after he finished. "Is there any chance they could come to the hospital so that when I'm better I can go straight home?"

Dr. Phillis studied his face carefully, searching for anything that could indicate Lucas was guilty. After a moment's pause he said, "The police will be coming to the hospital some time this week. They will question you here and if they feel that they will need you for other...things, they will take you to the station." He gave Lucas a small smile. "Between you and me, I think you should get to go home. You seem like a good kid." Before Dr. Phillis could attach the blood pressure meter to the blonde's arm, the door to the room opened. Standing in the doorway was Bo, his auburn-red hair blown back from wind, his blue eyes wide, and his breathing heavy; he had run to get to the room. He had not had time to change into the scrubs, however, and he was dressed in black skinny jeans with a black belt, black converse sneakers, a black short-sleeved shirt with a silver bird on the front, his his black coat that reached his ankles, the white-furred hood halfway off his head.

"Sorry I'm late," he gasped.

Lucas smiled a bit sadly and nodded slightly. “Thank you for telling me...“ He muttered out while closing his eyes. “I really want to get back... It sucks to be some passenger, who was just... Trying to save someone, and then getting involved with all this...“ The blonde talked quietly, but surely. He decided that this was the best lie, which could explain everything. The man would just say that he was passing by and heard a girl crying for her mom, so he jumped in to save her. Half of it was true, anyway.

When Bo ran in, Lucas looked at him and smiled softly. “It's good to see you back to take care of me~“ He chuckled a bit and looked back at the doctor. His. brown eyes showed a bit more life now that the nurse was here. Somehow, the younger brunette managed to calm him down and just make him feel... Happy.

Dr. Phillis jumped when Bo opened the door all of a sudden, and he turned around, a grin soon lighting up his face. "Ah, Mr. Riley! Welcome! I was just about to take Mr. Dragoste's blood pressure." He stepped away from the bed and walked over to the young nurse, handing him the meter. "I'll leave you to it then." Bo looked at the doctor in confusion and reached out, tapping him on the shoulder before he could leave.

"Um, shouldn't I...?" The doctor cut him off with a shake of his head.

"No need, you're fine dressed the way you are. Your classes went well, I assume?" Bo smiled gratefully at him, thankful that the doctor was not angry with him--though he had been more worried about Lucas--and nodded.

"Yes, the lecture just ran late, that's all." Dr. Phillis patted Bo on the shoulder, winked at Lucas, then left the room. Bo sighed quietly and turned around, giving the blonde man a small, sheepish smile. "Sorry for being late."

Lucas smiled softly and shook his head. "Why are you apologizing?" He asked softly and looked at the brunette while shifting a bit to get into a more comfortable position, yet instead of feeling better, the blonde felt a wave of sharp pain shooting through his chest. The man hissed softly and let out a shaky breath, his hands trembling slightly. He cursed under his breath and closed his eyes, waiting for the pain to go away while trying to take in deep breaths. His expression was quite painful and the man couldn't really help it... Something like this really wasn't a minor wound.

Bo's eyes widened into large blue saucers when he saw the other man's body tremble from undisguised pain. Quickly he unbuttoned his coat and slipped it off, tossing it lightly onto the chair beside him. In a second he was next to the bed, a hand on Lucas' abdomen--careful to avoid his chest--and gently pushed him back down into a laying position. "Stay still," he ordered, his now strict tone holding no room for argument. The pain could mean anything; the burn had split, gotten infected, or it could be something completely unrelated to the injury. He stared down at the blonde's face, hesitant to lift his shirt. "Tell me, is the pain 'outside' or 'inside'?" He couldn't think of a better way to explain.

Lucas groaned softly when he was pushed down on the bed, gasping for air as he kept his eyes closed. The blonde felt as if his chest was on fire once again... His breathing hitched and he slowly opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling before he heard the nurse's question. "Outside... The wound..." He tried to talk, yet it hurt quite a lot to say even this much. The brown eyes were filled with pain as well as fear. This made Lucas see the fire again, he could hear the people screaming for help... The older male bit his lip as his body shook slightly, unable to get the thoughts away or make the pain disappear.

The younger man faltered, seeing the slightly glassy look in Lucas' eyes; he felt helpless, unable to do anything for the non-physical pain that the man was obviously going through. "O-okay," he stuttered, his steady hands pushing up the blonde's shirt. He cursed inwardly when he saw that red had soaked through the bandages. "Stay still, please. I have to take the bandages off." He didn't tell Lucas that it would hurt; it was already hurting. Carefully he removed the tape from the man's side and began unwinding the bandages like he had before. Luckily the blood was thinner so the cloth didn't stick to the skin, but as he had thought the burn had split again, most likely from Lucas' uneasy sleep. "It's not too bad," he murmured; the swelling around the burned tissue had gone down, and now that he was looking at it, it became clear to him that most of the pain Lucas was feeling was only ghost-pain; pain brought on by memories of the fire.

Lucas took in short breaths, unable to really focuse on much in his condition. His hands were aimlessly wandering through the bed until he gripped onto the bed sheets. The man let out a small groan when he felt the bandages being removed and a shiver ran through his body. When the wound was exposed, he felt as if real fire was burning there again. Whe he heard Bo's words, Lucas nearly started yelling. Not too bad? How could it be not too bad?... Yet, instead of saying anything, the blonde tried to ease his thoughts so that he wouldn't put any more pressure on the young nurse.. Lucas gulped down and looked at the shorter male with a small smile on his face, trying to at least encourage the other... Trying to tell him that he's fine.. Even though he definitely wasn't.

Bo looked up at Lucas with sympathy in his big blue eyes. He backed away from the bed, repeating the process he had gone through yesterday as he went to the cabinet above the sink and took out a roll of bandages, a cloth, and the jar of balm. He wet the cloth in the sink and wrung it out, thinking of how to explain what was going on to Lucas. He hesitated, then grabbed the bottle of pills before going back to the bed. With a gentle smile he sat down on the edge of the bed. "I'm going to clean the burn and do what I did yesterday, all right? But Mr. Dragoste..." He took a breath. "Your injury is fine, besides bleeding slightly. I believe that you're...imagining the pain, like a memory."

Lucas' eyes widened slightly when he heard the other's words. "Imagining?.." He managed to whisper out a question before slowly letting go off the sheets. "But..." The man seemed clearly confused as he closed his eyes. "It feels so real.." He muttered out and bit his lip, letting out a small sigh. Knowing the fact that he was probably just imagining it didn't help with making the pain disappear for some reason... The blonde decided he would just trust the nurse for now.. Maybe he was just trying to make him feel better, who knew...

"I've never experienced it, so I can't say I know, but I believe you." It's very hard to fake pain like that... He said nothing more as he lightly pressed the cool, wet cloth to Lucas' burn, careful not to let the fabric scrape. It soaked up the blood, and soon the white was stained with brown and red patches. He pulled away after a moment of cleaning the wound before unscrewing the lid of the jar. "Mr. Dragoste, do you feel pain anywhere else, or just here?" He gathered a good amount of the jelly-like stuff onto his fingers and started to spread the balm onto the edges of the burn, letting the blonde get used to it before touching the open cut.

A satisfied sigh left Lucas' mouth when the wet cloth was pressed against his chest. The coolness slowly made the thoughts about fire go away and the blonde looked at the nurse with an apologetic look. When the cloth was pulled away, Lucas felt weirdly naked... Well, at least until the balm was applied. “No... It only hurts here.“ Lucas said quietly, just before Bo touched the open cut. He hissed at the pain and exhaled slowly, biting the inside of his cheek. The blonde both liked and hated the fact that balm was being applied to the cut.... Weird, wasn't it?