An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Tenmo paid for their meal as he walked with Kaine back towards their room while continuing their conversation back at the hotel room. “You are right..it wouldn’t be a guaranteed survival being turned from what I do understand. It’s rather risky and the human body goes under a lot of stress to now accommodate the wolf side. Not all humans can handle the change..so yes, I suppose similar to a vampire” Tenmo nodded as he sat on the bed. “They both managed to survive it which was surprising to everyone at the time”

Plopping himself down on the bed beside Tenmo he listened as his husband agreed that it was a rather risky change and not all survived. "If there is one thing I learned over the centuries it's that a strong desire to survive can be all it takes for someone to survive the change. Maybe Taiyo and Tsuki really wanted to live and that was all it took for them both to make it, even if it was surprising and the odds may have been stacked against them." Kaine commented. It had been something he had learned from seeing other humans changed to vampires, those who never had the will to survive to begin with never made it through the change, those who had a strong will or need to live were the most likely to make it. "Taiyo and Tsuki don't seem like the type to give up easily either. Not from what I've seen." Kaine added, speaking his thought about the twins aloud.

“You can say that again..They are always on the hunt for whatever they are looking for and will not let up for one minute” Tenmo shook his head with a smile. “Strong willed those two..” Tenmo said as he found a movie on tv that he thought they both would like. “But yeah, they are pretty unique in being the only people who were born humans to be turned” He explained as they were the only turned wolves in the entire pack that he could think of among the many of them

Getting comfortable and curling up against Tenmo to watch the movie his wolf had found he nodded when Tenmo said the twins were strong willed. "That's definitely unique." Kaine agreed with another nod. It really was, especially if they were the only ones in the whole pack that had been turned instead of born into it. "Out of curiosity... can a turned werewolf then you know... reproduce just like a normal wolf? Or is that not possible?" Since the twins were with Vince and Marcus it wasn't like children were a possibility anyway, but he was curious if they were capable of having werewolf children just like the rest of the pack, if their kids would be human, or if they weren't able to reproduce at all.

Tenmo thought about it for a moment as the movies opening credits began to play. “Well, they can, it’s just not a guaranteed wolf child. The child from my understanding has a chance of being human but with heightened senses. They still have wolf dna in them but wouldn’t be considered a wolf if a child is born as a more human side of it. If a turned wolf were to carry a child, it is a lot riskier since their bodies are not as adept at handing carrying a wolf pup. Risky but possible” He said with a small nod

"That kind of sounds like Solaria, she's definitely not quite a normal human child." Kaine commented when Tenmo explained that though it was possible it wasn't guaranteed to be a wolf child. Which made sense, since they weren't born a wolf themselves there was no way to guarantee that gene would pass on to their children. "So even if they were to mate with another wolf, the child still wouldn't be guaranteed to be one right? It'd be a lot more likely but still not a hundred percent." Kaine questioned curious how wolf genetics worked. "That makes sense. A wolf child would be different than a human, and I'm sure it'd take more of a toll on the body." It made a lot of sense to Kaine and he could understand it'd be risky.

“No..Dad doesn’t like talking about it but..I think our mom was a Turned” Tenmo said as he looked over at Kaine. He wasn’t sure on the details but he had a feeling it was the case..he just couldn’t remember why. “It kind of explains a lot of things but Father never liked talking about mom after she died..the first time that is” He said with a small nod of his head.

"That's definitely quite interesting. It would explain some of her odd behavior too, in comparison to what I've seen from the rest of the pack at least." Kaine commented. From how the rest of the pack behaved and how they supported each other Luna's disappearance and having another child with someone else human or not didn't seem very wolf like. If she had been turned it made more sense that she'd do something along those lines, maybe the normal wolf behaviors weren't as strongly ingrained into her like those born that way. "But werewolves and wolves have a lot in common right? How a pack operates and how they see their mates?" Kaine questioned not really sure why he was so interested in questioning Tenmo right now but this had always been something he had been curious about. "Maybe... well maybe Adrian would be more willing to talk about things now?" Kaine questioned. It would be odd for him to call the older wolf father or dad, even if he was married to the man's son. Maybe as time passed the idea would become more natural, but Kaine didn't even refer to the vampire who changed him as dad or father.

“You are right on that, we just more complex thoughts and thinking in a way like a human does but mixed with the instincts of a wolf. It’s hard to explain..” Tenmo said with a scratch of his head. “You want the strongest mate or the mate that has the most to offer. Dad being the son of the old pack leader and mom being a turned, they were destined to be paired. Their children would likely be powerful whether they were human or wolf. They don’t do it more to I guess raise suspicion or dilute the gene pool, mostly the first one” He answered. “When we get back, we can ask more about our mom..” He said with a nod

"That's definitely confusing." Kaine admitted with a soft laugh when Tenmo told him that they would want the strongest mate and the mate with the most to offer. Even though Tenmo said that his father was the son of a previous alpha it didn't make sense to Kaine that he would then be destined to be paired with Luna. Not understanding how a turned wolf would the strongest mate with the most to offer. He could understand Luna having survived the change made her strong, but that was as far as his understanding of the situation went. "That's true. There is no reason to rush anything." He agreed. They could ask more about things when they returned home, for now this was supposed to be about them, their marriage and the bright future they had together. They could think about Luna, wolves and even vampires another time. Nuzzling into the side of his husband's nec he purred softly, "I love you sexy." He mused before turning his gaze to the movie.

“It is” Tenmo said with a small laugh. “It’s kind of like survival of the fittest. She had the potential to bare strong children and Adrian was the alphas son. Together, it would make for a strong child so they probably said get together” Tenmo shrugged before he focused on the movie. Those questions can always be explored and answered another time. Time to enjoy the first day of their proper honeymoon

That just made Kaine even more curious and he was burning to ask another question but he knew they should focus more on each other and themselves than they should on such matters right now. It took much of his concentration to ignore the burning curiosity and focus strictly on the movie and the feeling of his husband beside him. He'd ask the question another time, it was more important for them to enjoy this second honeymoon than it was for them to delve into such matters. "I should let you pick movies more often. This one hasn't been bad at all." Kaine commented after quite some time had passed, the movie was probably halfway over and it had been pretty good so far.

“We were talking through the first few minutes at the very least. But usually it’s just opening credits and establishing who people are and where the movies taking place. But yeah, sounds like a fun one so far” Tenmo smirked before going back to the movie. He held the others hand lightly in his, giving him the occasional kiss until the movie ended. “Now then..Hiw about that moonlight walk sexy?” Tenmo said with a playful purr, extending his hand out to the other

"You've been waiting this whole time for the moonlit walk haven't you?" Kaine asked with a laugh as Tenmo got up and offered his hand to him. Getting up he took the other's hand before he was leading the way towards the door, stopping just long enough to make sure that he had the room key. Not wanting to get locked out of the room and bother anyone at the front desk. Heading down and out to the beach a bright smile appeared on his face as he looked up at the night sky before he was looking over to the beach. It really was just as stunning at night as it was during the day, and the air was warm but not hot. "It's really beautiful." He murmured before looking up at Tenmo and offering him a large smile. "Well! Let's go on our walk shall we?" He asked with a laugh.

“I have..” Tenmo laughed, having been caught red handed. Nothing sounded more perfect than a walk on the beach at night with his cute husband. He held the there hand in his as he made his way out of the hotel, looking up into the night sky. So many stars filled the sky and it was certainly an awe inspiring sight. “Let’s..” He smiled as he looked back down at Kaine, starting their slow walk

Kaine wasn't surprised that Tenmo had been waiting the whole time, having had a feeling he would have from the moment he had mentioned doing it. Though it didn't stop him from laughing softly before they were walking along the beach, hand in hand. This really was perfect and lovely, glad he had thought of it and that his husband was so quick to agree. The further they walked the more happy Kaine was getting, though at some point he did stop them to take a few pictures knowing he wanted to document most of the trip. This was special after all, and there wouldn't be a second second honeymoon. After this they would probably just be going on a bunch of trips, not really honeymoons and that was just as great to Kaine, anything he was doing with Tenmo would be amazing.

“This is really nice..” Tenmo smiles as they had taken yet another picture together, sending a few to his father and some to Shi and Otso. This is just what he needed..it was only day one and they still had the full two weeks to go! There was so much to do and see, he wanted to make this the best second honeymoon ever! He ended up sitting at one pint, holding Kaine close as he watched the moon reflect on the water

"I definitely agree. I love spending time with you, and this view is beautiful, the moment is beautiful. The night is perfect, not a cloud in the sky so we can enjoy the stars and moon even more." Kaine mused before he was leaning up for a kiss. Feeling that he needed a moonlit kiss, on the beach, under thousands of stars. Though for the next week he'd have plenty of opportunities for such a kiss he wanted to take full advantage of the moment. After that they'd be heading to the Amazon and Kaine had to admit he was positive they wouldn't be seeing the sky from deep within the Amazon forest.

Tenmo kissed the other softly underneath the view of only the stars, loving the others soft lips. “I am sure we will enjoy our time in the Amazon. That is definitely going to be an exotic trip that might top this one as far as the trees go. You might want to get your hunting done here so we don’t have to travel too far for people or disturb the tribes too much. I can probably try hunting but we will worry about that later” she said sweetly against the others lips.

"You do have a point... I'll want to hunt ahead of time. If I do a good enough hunt I'll only need one or two to get through the week there." Kaine admitted with a soft laugh. "You'll have a lot more fun hunting in the Amazon, it's kind of funny isn't it? I have the best hunting options here and then you'll have an amazing hunting experience in the Amazon." He mused finding it interesting for sure. Pressing another kiss to his husband's lips he smiled before taking the other's hand and leading him along the beach again. "We'll have plenty of fun come morning. That scuba trip is going to be so much fun." Kaine added as they were walking.

“We ended up picking options that would suit us both as far as food. Perfect honeymoon” Tenmo smiles with a soft purr, kissing his cheek. He started walking with the other along the beach again, enjoying the cold breeze. “We will..We better start walking back towards the hotel soon though. We walked a ways out and we want to make sure we don’t miss the bus” Tenmo smiles as he walked closer to Kaine

"It really is." Kaine mused when Tenmo called it the perfect honeymoon. It had seemed they had both rather intentionally or not picked the perfect hunting grounds for the other. Here Kaine had a bunch of tourists as well as locals he could feed from, in the Amazon Tenmo would have a bunch of unique and quite the diversity of animals he could hunt. After walking a bit further his husband mentioned turning back and he had to admit that Tenmo had a point. "You're right... let's start heading back then." Leaning into Tenmo's side he turned them so they could start their way back to the hotel, not wanting to miss the bus in the morning.

“I still do plan on enjoying you after our scuba diving is over at some point tomorrow..” Tenmo spoke with a small purr in his voice. He did not rush back to the room, wanting to enjoy the peaceful walk with Kaine. “I’ll probably shoot dad a call and see how everyone is at home though before we get too down and dirty to check in on everyone” He laughed as they were stepping through the doors. Nice toasty warm..Tenmo thought as the hotel liked as pristine as ever even at this time of night

A small amused smirk crossed his face when Tenmo spoke, the small purr in his voice just pleased him more. "You make it sound like I don't willingly throw myself at you whenever you want." Kaine laughed, playfully smacking his husband. "You'll have as much time as you want to enjoy me for as long as you want when we return from scuba diving." He added as they were heading back towards the hotel. "Of course! Not to mention we have to tell them about the scuba diving trip and make sure everyone back home is doing well. Not to mention make sure Kai hasn't come or on his way." Kaine agreed with another nod. Walking back into the hotel they could see that it was just as beautiful at night as it was during the day. After taking a moment to admire the lobby he lead the way to the elevator and back to their room. The moment their room door shut behind them he was already stripping out of his clothes and heading towards the bed. It had been an eventful day and he was ready to get some sleep before tomorrow.

“I’m only joking love” Tenmo said with a small chuckle, kissing his cheek. “And it is always good to be updated. Kai better wait for us and hopefully my dad and Xavier don’t leave immediately after we get back. I can’t imagine they would since it would be hard to leave the hard work to me and whoever is in charge of the coven while they are gone. Would probably have loose ends to wrap up. And they would be just as pissed if they miss Kai” Tenmo laughed as they finally got back to their hotel room. Being back in the room felt nice, plopping down into bed when he took off his clothes