The hearts of the ocean (18+)

Yukonwolfspirit

"Okay" Shell grabbed a hold of Q's shoulder the moment Yukie got into the cart. "Listen up, I will run ahead and clear the way. You followe after a few seconds with the cart. When you go out through those doors, you'll se some colores on the wall. Followed the green line all the way until you reach another door. I"ll be waiting on the other side with a car. Do you understand what I just told you?" Shell asked to make sure Q would do exactly as he had said. "Follow the green line"

Q almost asked what a car was but Shell didn't allow to question just to answer.

"Green line, car, got it" The merman replied. With a nod Shell was off.

"Yukie.." with the little time there was he couldn't do much for the mer as he gently touched Yukie's skin.

He still felt chilly. Q looked around the room for something he could cover Yukie in. There weren't any blankets or sheets but he did spot a white doctor coat. It had been left behind as everyone had been moved from the room. (Don't ask me why they didn't try to save the mermen as the very first thing)

He snatched the coat and spread it out over Yukie. It covered him mostly and blocked some of the lightning as well.

Time was up and Q knew he had to work fast. He took a look out on the hallway before pulling the cart through the doors. It wasn't hard to spot the drifferent color lines running along the wall. He didn't know where these other colors lead too. However the only line that had his intetests.

Pushing the cart forward they went down the hallway

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• M-jow

Yukie just stayed still the male happy he was kept wet since his body was still heavily drugged and already slipping back into sleep. Hearing the strange male talk made Yukie hide more under his fins the male now a somewhat circular pile of fins and small barbs. With few bubbles floating up from the water Yukie hoped his mate would get to the car soon so they could leave.

The cart almost didn't make any sound as Q pushed it down the emty hallway. Q's naked steps echoed with small taps as he tried to hurry. Adrenalin pumped through his veins making the fright in him more bearable and turning it over to energy.

They weren't that far from the door. Q could even see it. But suddenly another door to the right opened and two armed men stepped out. It was clear they hadn't expected to see anyone anf both men turned their weapons on Q blocking the hallway as one of the yelled out. "Stop right there!"

Q didn't have any other choise so he stopped the cart.

"There was someone who set off the fire alarm" the same man said as he looked Q from head to toe. Q paniced he wasn't wearing anything other than the loss shirt Shell had wore. There was no way the guards could be convince with just his looks alone.

"Gently men what seems to be the problem?" A voice draw the guards attention. But just as they turned their heads a big plank came down smashing into one of the mens head. Q saw Shell with a firm grib in the plank as the guard fell. Before the second one could had turned his gun on Shell Q pushed the cart into the man, pushing him over and Shell's weapons came down smacking the last one unconsciouse.

A new alarm rung.

"Shit!" Shell cursed and pushed Q aside to take over. "hold the door, we are going now!" the other said as he pushed the cart forward.

Q somehow got ahead of Shell as he stumbled his was to the door and held it just at the cart rolled past him.

A van was there open in the back for the cart to just roll right in.

"Come on! You are going in the back with him" Shell said as he waved Q over.

He had just stepped in when Shell slamed the door behind him.

There wasn't any Windows and no light inside. He tripped as the van moved but didn't get hurt.

Shell wasn't the best driver. True be told he had actually just learned it but he hadn't figured out how to stop it again. There was guards by the entrance amning at them. They shouted out warnings to stop but he could and drov right through the gate. The guards just barely mad it in time to jump out of the way. But Q hit his head on the cart as the van broke through the metal gate and passed out.

Two hours. They drov two hours before Shell could start to smell the salty waters. His home. He smiled and pushed the speeder futher.

"Hold on!" He yelled to them in the back just before he drived the van over the edge into the blue waves.

The front window broke by the inpact and Shell jumped through the hole before the van started taking in water.

Q was still unconsciouse as the water floated in but the moment his body was submerged in water his form changed and his tail was back.

Yukie just sleepily floated in a ball not waking up to any of the noise or change since thehe male had deeply fallen asleep his body healing and caring for itself.

After the crash into the water and his escape out through the front window. Shell took himself a moment as his body transformed. He struggle with clothes he had stolen and did his best to wiggle himself free with a lot of effort.

As he came free he swam back towards the van, now sitting at the bottom.

"Hey you two, are you alright!?" He called out as he tried to open the back door. But the door was stuck.

"Hey answer me! The door is stuck" Shell slamed his fist at the door but nothing happened.

Not until another voice came from behind him. "Stay back"

Shell had just moved to the side as another smashed a long piece of sharp pip in the crack of the door and forced it up.

The knocking against the van had slowly woken Q back to consciouse. He held his hand up to block the light from his eyes as the door opened. Bringing light into the pitch dark room.

A dark figure appeared in the door and Q instantly pushed himself as far back as the small van possible allowed him to move away.

"There, you are home now" the stranger said as he held his hand out towards Q. He just wanted to help the merman out of the thing. He didn't noticed how much he was actually scaring Q until Shell pushed him aside and swam inside.

Shell conserne wasn't on Q, more on the person he had seen at the auction house before they had covered is tank back up and drov off.

Q hiss a warning at Shell as the mer peeked into the cart.

Yukie peeked out from his ball ever so slightly his spikes enlarging to twice there size as his angry eyes watched the stranger. Puffing up slightly Yukie watched shell his body between Q and the strange male blocking him fRom coming any closer. With a small stretch of his body Yukie's fins became twice his size almost filling up the whole van completely hiding Q from view.

"Wow" Shell's breath caught in his throat as Yukie expanded his body like a pufferfish. Minding the spikes he pulled himself at a distance. "That is sick" The young merman smiled completely fascinated with Yukie.

"Yukie mnh.. you are squeezing me" Q stammered as he held his arms outstretched to push yukie's inlargened mass back, trying his best to avoid the quills.

The stranger spoke again, this time with a sense of authority in his voice. "Quiet down young one, neither of us is gonna hurt either of you. Why exactly would we want to hurt our own kind?" The male asked. but because yukie was so large none of the two could see the mer.

"I thought you said you saw one" the male continued turning his attention back on Shell.

"And I did" Shell answered as he pointed towards Yukie. "This guy. I only just found out that they were two when I already was in. The other guy has a tracker by the way"

"What! and now you are telling me" The merman Yukie and Q had yet to learn the name off hissed with a hint of anger but not directed at them.

"Yeah.. Sooo, sorry big guy, but we'll have to move unless you wanna get caught by the same people we just escaped from" Shell said as he reached his hands in between yukie's spikes to poke. "I would prefer not to get caught, considering I would do very poorly captivity. though I would look dashing on display."

"....The water is warmer...how close are we to shore?" Yukie mumbled slowly depuffing his body still on edge as he looked at his mate unsure if he could trust the strangers since his body was still sluggish. Smoothing out his tail Yukie moved aside his body slowly distressing and becoming very soft and sleek his scales shining brightly under the natural lights. With a huff he turned to his mate "who are they and whats going on?"

Q shook his head honestly not knowing anything or what was happening. he stopped shaking his head as he felt pain shoot up from the back around his ear where the cart had hit him. His tail and hair was camouflaged with his transparent abilities. He was just a comfortable about this as Yukie... maybe even less since everything new scared him.

"We aren't far, just a few feets below and their nets would have no problem caughting us" Shell answered still eyeing Yukie with great interest. The young merman's finns slightly spread out behind him. This wasn't either the time nor the place but when time came, Shall would remind himself to learn more about this mer. He smiled seductively as yukie turned back to his normal size. Yep.. the young mer sighed. He wanted a bite of that.

"I'm Torin and he is Shell" The other mer came into view as he spoke. He was tall with big broad shoulders and firm muscles running down his chest and arms. His skin was sun kissed just like Shell's, and he har dark hair going down just below his ears. Q wasn't sure if the mer's hair really was curly or if it was just the gentle current that made it look that way. None the less, the male was handsome.

Torin

mermaids-to-mermen-2.jpg

Shell

32f13cc4290de9c864655b9e32ca8c8a--mermaids-and-mermen-fantasy-mermaids.jpg

"We hear rumors about you from the people in the harbor" Torin said as he looked solely on Yukie. "Imagine our surprise when it turned out to be true. We didn't know there was other than us left. The long story short is that we saved you because Shell has the abilitie to walk on land and because we couldn't just ignor the thing going on. Now we need to move, two boats are heading our way. I'll explain more later once we''ve gotten on deeper water and the tracker is dealt with" the merman said before turning off towards the wider parts of the sea.

Q reached out and pressed his body against Yukie's back. "Yukie I'm scared" He whispered hands trembling against the other's back. "Not of them but what is out there" There merman admitted having no idea what the ocean would be like.

"The water is more dangerous but your safe with me, my species fights sharks for fun" Yukie admitted gently touching Q's face in a reassuring manner. Taking his mates hand Yukie pulled him slowly out into the open water ready to return to the depths of the ocean.

A small smile spread on his face. "Yeah, you told me that twice" Q said as Yukie took his hand. It was reassuring and he felt a lot calmer though still tense as he let Yukie pull him with him outside. The first thing that striked Q was how dim the light became the futher out they swam. But it wasn’t like everything was dark either, the merman's eyes worked the same way like a cat's eyes would, reflecting the bits of light that could reache down.

"Where are we going?" Q asked a bit curiouse. He was keeping up with the others just fine but that didn't mean he had let go of Yukie's hand yet.

Torin looked back over his shoulder at them. "It's just a bit futher, you'll see when we get there"

"Is like this big mountain bleeding with red and yellow" Shell said exited, swimming just infront of then with his front turned the them.

"It gets really hot the closer you go so don’t touch it. We only use the place when dealing with human made things. Like that thing in your ear."

Q reached up with his free hand to touch the metal ring in his ear. It wasn't something he had could get off himself. He had just woken with the thing there not really getting what it was. "Can you get it off?" Q asked a bit hopefull but then he re-thinked it. "I'm not going to like it am I?"

"Well properly n"

"SHELL!!" Torin interrupted the younger merman, sending him a look to shut up.

The Torin stopped and waited till Yukie and Q was near him. He swam up beside Q and looked at his ear before sending the nervous mer a smile.

"We can't get it off but we can make it stop sending signales of your whereabouts. It wouldn’t hurt you but it's not pleasant from what I've hear"

"You mean there are others? Aside from the two of you" Q asked with wide eyes and looked to Yukie.

Torin smirked a cocky grin. Feeling pretty proud about what he had builded through out many years he responded with a firm nod.

"Yes. There aren't as many as there use to be when I was young, but our specie will make it if we are careful enough."

"...mine are gone the last three of our hundred no longer exist I'm their last heir" Yukie explained with a small frown the male unsure of he should just trust them so easily.

Torin bowed his head slightly as he pulled in a deep breath. "I expected as much and I'm sad for your lost. I almost lost every one too a few years back." Torin voice carried lots of emotion behind them eventhough his expression almost didn't change.

"Almost none of the people left knew each before Torin started to gather merfoks from all around" Shell exclaimed.

"It was way before my time but I've hear about it from my parents. If Torin hadn't brought them to safe haven most of them would either had died or gone mad. My parents meet in safe haven as well as other mating pars and our tribe is slowly growing each year."

"How well does your tribe accommodate different species?" Yukie asked curiously watching the two males in fascination and we'll slight curiosity since his kind kept to their own breed so to find different ones made him curious about their mating rituals and the living conditions.

Torin thought about the question before he answered honestly. "It's never easy but as people grow closer over time I think or I would like to think we adapted some way to accepte drifferences. As Shell just said. Most is from all over the world and we had to consider drifferent species needs and customs... Is something worring you because of the species you belong to?" Torin asked with a raised eyebrow as he slowered the speed. They were getting close. He could feel it with the temperatur slowly rising the closer they came.

Q was listening in closely but eyes trailed towards Shell. He didn't like the way the mer's eyes was taking Yukie in on. He squeezed Yukie's hand abit more tightly somewhat afraid Shell would pull the other away from him. Shell, the male Q had barely gotten to know, who had came to rescue Yukie. He had admitted that to him from the start as Q had regained consciouseness back in the tank.

He wasn't sure why and inside guilt was eating at him from thinking what he thought of the other. But Q didn't really liked Shell.

Shell must have noticed his staring because he switched his eyes from Yukie to him. He didn't look at him the same way as he did Yukie, he just smiled at Q, there not ill though behind that smile.

"My species relies on a group to raise their young we have many mates and they all help care for the young...Will I have to worry about the others attacking my baby?" Yukie asked cautiously staying still in one spot.

(His baby.. Oh god no! You can’t fool me into believing he had a child on/in him this entire time 0_0)

Torin frowned. He wasn't sure of Yukie's question had been for real or if the young merman just didn't know better.

Shell however looked very much entertained.

"That's pretty much like that with all of our kind" Torin said out slow as he studied Yukie and Q. "In that aspect we are all alike, except for those who chooses to only mate with one. The tribe help taking care of each other children and mers alike."

"My species doesn't need an other to reproduce but I feel better knowing my child will be safer in numbers" Yukie admitted a small blush on his cheeks since he had kept it from potential mates.

"Wow really!" Shell squeaked as his face suddenly poped up merly inches from Yukie's. The young bright merman smiled for all that he was worth. "Seriously how convinant, I've never heard about such things before" Shell pulled himself at a comfortable distant but stayed close on Yukie's free side as he started to ask various questions.

Torin encourage them to swim on. Saying they would be there soon.

"So.." Torin said after abit as Shell was busy with Yukie. "What about you? I didn't hear your name yet" Torin smiled kindly at the frightened looking mer.

"Q... Q" the merman answered as he tried not to hid behind Yukie. It was strange and kind of exiting. Before yesterday Q had spoke with anyone before and now he was here.

"Q?" Torin tilted his head as one of the guy’s eyebrows went up.

"My name.. well maybe it not really a name but it's what O could call myself" Q told the other.

Torin shook his head. "That's not a really name just because the humans called you that. What about before? who were you then?"

"I wouldn't know" Q said blankly. "I got no memory of the ocean"

That made Torin frowned with a sad look in his eyes. "That isn't health.." He almost asked how Q could had stayed alive for that long but chose not to ask. "must have been hard on you. I sense from you that you aren't as young as your friend there so how old are you?"

"huh.. I've lived around 100 years or so I think"

"For what it's worth I adore his name it's unique" Yukie replied gently squeezing Q's hand in athe reassuring manner. The male kindly answering shell's questions.

Yukie's remark made Q smile happy. He thought if is as unique. those words alone made the cold water around them feel a whole lot warmer. Actually it way getting warmer.

"We are here" Torin announced. Q frown as his eyes took in the ocean floor around them.

nothing stood out for him to tell.. well aside from the huge mountain in front of them with cracks along its sides floating with hot lava.

"A underwater volcano!" Q starred at the thing in a aw for a moment. "Wait.. don't tell me by removing the tracker you mean this?" Q pointed at the volcano as he grabbed on to his ear. "No way! I like my eye attached to my head"

"What? no no no nothing like that!" Torin assured the frightened mer that already had put some distance between them by letting go of yukie's hand and swimmed behind him.

"Trust me, your ear will be fine and It is not to take it out merely to shut it down"

"Your going to make the computer inside of it stop working with heat" Yukie whispered understanding why they needed the volcano for the device. "It won't work.if the inside is broken" Yukie added with a small smirk finding their plan genius.

"Exactly" Torin nodded glad at least one of them figured it out. "We don't have the tools to take it off without cutting you ear but this dose work"

Torin pressed his hand to Q's shoulder. "Come now, the quicker it done the better, I promise you wouldn't feel the heat for long" The merman assured him as he held out his hand.

Q swallowed nervously as he glanced up a Yukie for a second to gather his courage.

It hadn't been as bad as Q had thought it would have bee. Torin had lead him closer to the lava and with the tip of an stone spear the merman had been able to collect soon of the hot melted stone. Then he had asked Q to tilte his head and lightly pressed the spear in against the piercing. It had grown hot, uncomfortable but not painful.

"There" Torin said as he reached up and gently touched Q ear. "Doesn't hurt dose it?"

"N-no it doesn't" Q stammered slightly embarrassed to be having another person so close.

Torin just smiled pretending not to notice as he rubbed the piece of metal between his fingers. "That's good"

"So, she'll? Where you born in the ocean?" Yukie asked wrapping his arms around shell's neck ever so lightly as he watched Q's brave act from a distance. "By the way you know humans my guess is you've spent a lot of time with them" Yukie added resting his body against shell to give his body a nice rest.

"Yeah I am." Shell answered happy that Yukie had started taking to him again.

"I know a lot of things about the world above, but its only because of my abillitis to walk on land, it's handy though. When Torin needs some insider knowledge or a situation like yours I'm the only one he can send. None of the others can do what I do you see" Shell said as he let Yukie rest against him. He reached down to support by holding Yukie around the wraist. He smiled brightly, Yukie was.. well he didn't know yet but he was perfect right there in his arms. He had an urge to lean out and kiss the guy before he would find any other merman or mermaid.

"What about you? How come you have do much knowledge"