The hearts of the ocean (18+)

Yukonwolfspirit

"I get along quite well with sharks we have an understanding not to hunt each other" Yukie explained quietly swimming over to Q his arms wrapping around his mate in a reassuring way. "I won't let anything eat you" Yukie whispered his voice concerned.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• M-jow

Q took in a deep breath. "Okay, let do this!" Q said. Sounded more ready that before. He couldn't let Yukie worring about him just because Q was afraid of the thought of bigger animals with lots of teeths.

"If you promise to watch my back I'll watched yours, don't worry I'll make sure to tell you if I gets too afraid" He promised, and that was what he wanted to Make sure to keep.

"Alright...see that big fish over there?" Yukie asked pointing to a smaller tuna that was resting. "Thats the one your going to go after. All you need to do is sink your nails and spikes into its body. Try to aim for the gills, and if you don't get it keep trying" Yukie gently explained with aa soft smile before letting his mate go knowing he had to learn somewhat by experience.

Q's face turned instant pale when he saw the thing. Small?? It was around the size of himself (half of him anyway) He was just about to confess that he couldn't when he saw the look on Yukie's face. He was expecting something of him. Q shut his mouth back in ad turned his eyes back on the fish. He took in s deep breath before he started speaking his way over there. On the way he picked up a rock from the bottom with a good grip in his hand. He was just below the massiv fish when his eyes turned over Yukie's way one last time. Q didn't have spikes, fangs or ever nails. The last two had the humans cute off him and it would be weeks before they would re-grow.

Q grab his rock firmly with both hands, he was shaking as nervous as he was as he jumped up above the fish and smack the rock as hard has he could down on it's head. After that everything went quite. The fish woke and continued with what had happened. Q threw his arms around it, just barely making it in time before the fish was off. It swam as a trail of blood leaked through it's gills. It was confused and throwing itself around in the waters to get Q off,but the merman just hung on tightly. His arms and every muscle in his body had locked up. If Yukie was yelling to him Q wouldn't have been able to hear a thing with all the noise in his ear as the water past by.

Yukie watching his mate try so hard smile but swam over and grabbed the fish his hand sinking into the gill as he held the tuna still. "You need to find a weaker spot if you hunt with rocks...these fish have thicker skin and skulls" Yukie explained keeping the squirming fish still with his arm looped in the gill and the other holding the tail. Yukie clearly was use to handling a fish of this size and waited letting his mate calm himself.

Adrenaline was pumping through Q as Yukie stopped the fish. He looked up at the male unsure, but relieved Yukie didn't look disappointed with him. (Did Yukie kill the fish or just holding it?)

"Sorry, I didn’t know" Q said while his eyes was down cast on the fish. He held his hands up to show Yukie his nails as he tried to extended them. Only they kept being short. "My nails are cut and I don't have any spikes like you do. I thought a rock would do but I was wrong"

(Hes just holding it still) "a rock is a good weapon but you want one that looks like a knife" Yukie explained mentioning for his mate to hunt down a better weapon Yukie being patient wot h teaching Q.

• 2 weeks later...

Q quickly looked down, scanning the grounds for anything sharp enough as Yukie had instructed him to.

Of course in the ocean every sharp egde had with time been rounded with sand as it rubbed again it. So unless he had made anything like a spear or a knife it was hard ti actually find anything.

But then with all he knew from his life above sealevel Q might be lacking survive knowledge, he wasn’t lacking creativity or brain.

He spotted a coral that had turned completely white and swam over to break a piece of the dead coral. The point where it broke off was sharp, Q just hoped it would be enough.

He moved quickly, not wanting the animal to stuffer as Yukie held the poor thing in place while it fought for it's live. It locked to have pushed Yukie just s bit out of course.

Q tightened his grip on the newly made coral dagger as he pushed the sharp egde up through the fish's gills towards the brain. The fish died instantly but the body still didn't get it a kept moving for a bit. Waving it's tail dangerously from side to side as red blood poured from it's gills.

"Dead coral is smart." Yukie admitted with a chuckle as he looked at Q and smiled before letting go of the now dead fish his eyes looking to Q. " now then do you know how to properly use that coral to cut off some to eat?" Yukie asked softly.

Q looked the fish over before shaking his head at Yukie's question. Normally Q just ate his food whole but that had usual been way smaller fish or chopped pieces from bigger once, though he highly doubted he had ever tried eating this type of fish before.

But though Q didn't know how to part a fish he still tried to cut a piece of meat off by the tail.

The flesh was a deep dark red unlike the normal white meat he was use to eating. the merman's eyes were wide as he saw this.

"How can it be so red?" Q asked curiously as he smelled the piece. His stomach instantly started groaning for food as he took in the aroma of freshly killed food.

"This fish in my mind is one of the most tasty ones I've hunted" Yukie admitted watching his mate eat. Yukie was obviously proud of his mates accomplishment in taking down the fish and was now fulfilling a deeper pallet of ocean seafood. " Go ahead and eat it it's surprisingly soft for a deeper fish" Yukie explained easily cutting himself off a piece with his fingernails.

Q waited till Yukie had a piece as well before he slowly bent his head to take s bit.

The meat was so soft and light in his mouth and even though Q didn't have fangs to cut right through the meat it wasn't hard to chew. "It delicious!" Q said with a wide smile spreading on his face as bits of confident grew in the merman's eyes.

"I've never tried something this good.. And I can't belive I just took that thing down" The male was over joyed as he cut himself another piece this time a bit bigger.

"With lost of your help of course" Q blushed when he thought of how silly he must had seem to Yukie how was use to fishing. "Maybe in the feature I may be able to hunt us meat once i get better" He blushed an even deeper red as he stuffed his mouth with his piece of fish

" I would enjoy watching you hunt and become more comfortable in the ocean" yukie admitted with a small smile eating a smaller portion of the fish since his breed didn't need to eat quite so often so as not to risk going through close to the surface.

Q's cheeks blushed with a shy color as he chewed the meal. Yukie had said he would enjoy watching him... Did that mean Yukie might wanted to stay with him??

Q licked his lip as he looked at Yukie. "If I become a proper merman.. will you maybe be... my mate?" He asked nervously, his tail already sensing his distress and tried to camouflage him.

Laughing happily at the question yukie couldn't help but look at his mate adoringly. " I already consider you my mate, if I didn't you wouldn't be sharing a nest or hunting with me" Yukie added before snuggling Q's body close. "You already are a proper mate" Yukie whispered snuggling his face into Q's shoulder in a very loving way.

"R-really?!" Q stammered surprised when Yukie told him that and blushed even more as his heart beat quickened. Realizing Yukie might be able to hear it even the tip of his ears turned red. Q's face was light up in a bright smile as he threw his arms around Yukie, grinning from ear to ear with happiness.

"Earlier I didn't get what mates were but I didn't like it when others got close to you but it eased when it was just the two of us again.. Is it okay for me to feel like that?"

"that's normal and fine to feel" yukie whispered snuggling more into his mate before looking around and sighing. "We should head back...if your full" yukie added not wanting to stay out in the darker water for to long.

Q looked back at the half eaten fish. It would be a shame to just wast the rest but he had already eaten himself full with the share he had gotten.

"I'm full" Q nodded as he turned back to look at Yukie. "But are you sure you don't need more? You only took a bit"

"I can go two weeks in between hunts with the portion I ate. I feel full" yukie explained with a soft shrug unsure if he was worrying his mate more. "My parents traveled very far to their hunting grounds so we adapted to waiting for weeks for food" yukie finished before snuggling his mate lovingly in quite the way one would when courting.

"Two weeks.. thats long" Q said quietly, eventhough it hadn't had anything to do with him around that time, Q still felt a bit guilty for the way Yukie had to adapter to such a way to stay alive.

"I'll do my best so that you'll never have to stuffer like that again" Q promise Yukie as the male embraced him. He hugged the other back tightly as they slowly swam their way back.

Q kissed Yukie's neck just beside his gills. He did it again growing more bolt the more Yukie reacted i a good way.

"You seem more comfortable with affection" yukie teased gently with a playful smile. Blushing slightly at the soft kisses and loving nature from his mate yukie couldnt help but relax and playfully kiss back.

Q's tail slowly turned to a dark shade of purple as it went from blue. "I-I guess" the merman stammered shyly when Yukie kissed him back. His skin tickled where Yukie's lips were touching him.

"I had a good teacher after all" Q giggled softly as he remembered back on the first time Yukie kissed him. "And I like kissing you"

"Well i do hope we can eventuallu get more comfortable so i can keep you by my side. I dont want anyone else taking you" yukie whispered not wanting any other mermaid to mate with his mate.

"Me too.." the merman admitted, blushing even harder as he reached out for Yukie's hand. An act of affection Q had seen humans do sometimes. He smile relived when he noticed that they were near the entrance to their new home. Q sighed and looked down at their hands. "I hope I'll be enough to make you happy Yukie.. right from the moment I saw you back in the tank, I knew you were someone special in my guts... I am still fearful of this place but because you are here I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else."

"Im glad you like me" Yukie admitted blushing red before gently tmstealing a kiss once they where safely inside their cave the male clearly more relaxed.