The hearts of the ocean (18+)

Yukonwolfspirit

"Ah...sorry" Yukie replied backing off as he held his tail a little the male unsure of what to do since their species where quite different. Yukie just stayed in his little corner as he watched the male not really understanding why he didn't like the caring since his own species relied heavily on a group partnership each mermaid bonding and having no set mates since they all banded together with it

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• M-jow

Q could see he had done something wrong from the other's expression but he wasn't sure why.

"I'm not mad at you" Q said, trying to save whatever good mood there had been. "A part of me is actually incredibly happy you want to protect me. It's just.. I'm use to dealing with these sort of things alone. There has never been anyone who worried about me" Q bowed his head as he floated over to Yukie. ""Is it very unnatural, am I strange?" the mer asked worried for the other's responde.

"My species is very close knit and yet agressive with mating when it comes to that. Their social group is complete opposite we don't have set mates when a group joins together sometimes it's with merman and other times with fishermen or divers whoever is in our group is treated the same as a mate" Yukie admitted trying his best to explain his instincts. "Because of the shared group when we do want someone for ourselves we will fight off others who threaten our mates...they where threatening and hurting you" Yukie added continuing to hide behind his tail. "Because you where hurt and there isn't other mates to rely on I need to protect you more and better" Yukie whispered clearly upset he wasnt doing a good job on the protecting part.

Everything Yukie described to him was all exciting and new to Q. He could imagine Yukie out In the wild, far away from cages and humans in a group of others. Q would surely have loved it too.

"Maybe that explaine why I want you protect too?" Q mostly said to himself as he gently pulled at the other's tail to make him stop feeling so guilty.

He smiled kindly as Q's hand ran up against Yukie's tail. "I've never had anyone wanting to protect me before" the mer blushed shyly as he looked at the other. "And I've got no idea if what I doing Is right, but.. I'm really happy you got angry at them for me. Don't get me wrong I hate the things they do to me, but I guess I got use to it along the way. Compared to you I was broken a long time ago. I haven't fought back in gods only knows how long. But for the first time in years I'm trying to fight back so that they wouldn’t do the same to you as they have done to me"

Q shifted his eyes down as he was taken with emotions that shook the inside of his core. If anything Q didn't want Yukie here. Yukie should be out there with more of their kind who could give him all the love and protection the merman deserved.

"I don't have a home to go back to....my species is gone. I was the last that they had so, it's not like I have anyone to go back to" Yukie admitted befire suddenly snuggling into Q the male holding him closely having deeply missed the others touch. "I've only had fishermen to talk to and be of comfort" Yukie admitted having been taught English by the fisherman.

Q just held his arms open for the other to snuck in and closed them around Yukie's shoulders.

But then he noticed something the other had said. "Do the humans understand you?" Q asked curiously. "I've never spoken with any before. I can understand their language but I can't speak it" the merman admitted. For humans the only sounds they heard was humming, screames or song like sounds, not words.

"Yes they can understand me and I them. I've had human lovers before" Yukie explained with a small smile as he sngiggled into his mates arms holding him close. "Those humans might be upset I did crack the glass we are in" Yukie admitted knowing quite a bit of human items since he had been learning since he was young and alone.

"Loves?.." Q replied the word "You were mates with them? How?" He wasn't judging Yukie or being disgusted that the merman had let humans caress him. Though it didn't sit well either with another side in him, Q keep that feeling to himself.

Peeking around the rock out to the open Q looked out on the glass. True enough there was a small crack just a few inches long in the thick glass wall. Q turned his eyes back on the other impressed but also slightly worried as his eyes and hands scaned Yukie for bruises. "How did you... You aren't hurt are you"

"The only difference is they don't have a tale" Yukie explained finding it hard to really describe the way the human males body worked. "They kinda just have their stuff on the outside unlike us" Yukie admitted with a shrug before watching Q move away and study the glass. Hearing the concern Yukie chuckled. "I'm fine. I don't hurt easy and am pretty strong" Yukie admitted only having a slight red mark where his shoulder hit the tank. "I fought small sharks when I was little" Yukie explained being quite the little warrior fish.

"Ah! I know what you mean" Q nodded, he didn't need futher details about the human bodies. He already knew they were incredibly uncomfortable.

Without garanting the other's permission Q lean in and licked at the wounded shoulder. Slowly as he had liked the spot did the bruise start to faid until noticed was left to see.

"Healing saliva" Yukie mumbled surprised by the others gifts. Gently snuggling into Q Yukie smiled and swiftly kissed his lips in thanks. "Thank you, I appreciate it" Yukie admitted with a small blush the male quite embarrassed.

"Yeah.." Q blushed slightly as he watched the mark slowly disappeare. "I'm use to lick up small wounds on myself, but I didn't know if it would work on others too" the merman smiled ad Yukie snuggled into him.

"I like this" He admitted as he closed his eyes to focus on the feeling of having another against his skin. "I like feeling you close to me"

"Then I promise to stay by you so your never lonely again!" Yukie declared with a small smile the male quite happy to be with a mate after being so alone his whole life. "Do the humans feed us often?" Yukie asked curiously wondering if he should go hunt for their dinner.

The merman's lips curled in a small happy smile. A little spark in him was light with warmth but another voice in the male told him something drifferent. He stopped himself in time to not say 'you can’t promise that' and ruining moment. So instead Q just answered by hidding his face into the other's shoulder. "Then I'll be in your care" He finally replied. It felt weird, he felt weird for actually hoping Yukie would be with him.

At Yukie's next question Q lifted his head and tried to snif the waters. "Mnh, they usally brings something twice a day, mornings and evenings, but.. it is already killed the fish they bring"

And right as time would have it Q could tast blood on the tip of his tongue.

"They already set out the dinnerbell, can you tast the blood in the water? They slip a bit of fish blood in yo draw attention and the throwes the fish out when I'm near" Q explained before he turned slightly worried.

"I know you said that you don't eat already killed food but it's the only thing we get. Also don't swim close to that platform at any time. They'll put you in a collar the moment they can see s way to"

"Its a strange taste" Yukie admitted not caring to much for dead fish as he poked his head out of the tank eyeing the surroundings. With a small swish of his tail Yukie hesitantly ventured out of the cave his eyes watching and quite alert as he waited for Q.

Q tilted his head as he followed out of the cave. Yukie looked more alert and tense compared to before. 'Good' he thought as Q gently brushed his fingers along the other's tail as he swam pass him up towards the platform. The merman's head peeked up through the surface and checked out the people on duty. For the naked eye Q couldn't see anything different from usual. One, a younger man Q hadn't seen before looked a bit more tense than the others and... his clothes looked too big for him, like it didn't fit his form. normally humans cared about the way they dressed, but this one didn't seem to.. 'weird'.

Another man moved, this one Q had seen before. He carried the bucked with gutted fish and watched the mers as he threw the first one to the right then a second to the left.

Yukie refused to go after the food the male watching the humans from a distance. Yukie was rather dash at swimming and it only took the humans one second of carelessness to end up dead by him. With a small smirk Yukie watched quite predator like swimming around and disappearing under the water every now and then before popping up closer as if playing a hunting game with the humans.

Q followed the normal rutin and when to the right to get the fish before it sunk to the bottom. He was hungry but the moment he tried to bite into the soft flesh pain shot up from his sore teeth and he winced. Though they had healed up it still hurted and since his teeth weren't sharp anyone he would have to bite down even harder.

It wasn't until Q looked back over his shoulder that he noticed just how close Yukie was getting to the platform. Though the warning Yukie didn't seem to think the human as dangerous. Just at he turned in the waters to swim back was a gun fired.

Q paniced and hurried up to Yukie's side. A red tranquilizer hung off Yukie's shoulder.

Another shot was fired aiming at him, but Q avoided getting hit by going under water, pulling Yukie with him down.

"Fuck" Q cursed at he quickly pulled the dart out. "Didn't I say not to get close to the platform!" the merman said furious as he tried to cover Yukie's body out of view from the humans.

He already knew they would end up getting to him though. The collar tickled around his throat, knowing it would without an doubt soon go off. But the mer still didn't want to handle his mate over.

"Didn't expect them to have guns or such devices" Yukie mumbled already feeling slightly sleepy due to the drug the male fighting it off as best as he could. With a small huff Yukie let his body sink to the bottom before continuing o try and bury his body under the sand trying to freeze it. "If I stay cold it shouldn't spread like the lionfish quills" Yukie mumbled with a tiered yawn looking at his mate the male already starting to weaken from the drug's. With a small puff of his fins Yukie wrapped more around Q his spikes and fins making swimming difficult once his body had blacked out. Yukie knew that putting his body around Q like this could protect him from dangerous sea creatures from touching him, humans on the other hand he was quite unsure since the fisherman never tried to hurt him.

"Get it! drain the water if that is what it takes. There was enough in that tranquilizer to knock a tiger out for hours. Careful of the spikes!" The leader of the caretaker team ordered out to set the others into action.

There was a low squeaky sound as the drain was turned on and water started floating out through the pipes beneath the tank.

There literally wasn't anything Q could do as the water level sunk. He hung onto Yukie as he tried moving them futher away, but swimming was no use and there was no were to hid. He couldn't even reach the cave before the water was just a few inches above the merman's head.

Five men in wetsuits crawled in the tank as water continued to drain. They all stood still and waited for the water level to drop to below their knees, before they ventured further.

When the drain turned off there was only just enough water for the fish to survive in but both Q and Yukie was mostly completely out of the water.

Q who had been submissive for many years because it has been the easiest thing to do. Was now acting up and aggressively bared his cut teeth as he hissed at the men coming closer. The collar punished him with a strong electric shock, but Q didn't care. He swung his claws at the first one who reached out for yukie and ripped the arm of the guy's wetsuit open.

"Give the thing a shock god damn it!" The man yelled up at the men at the platform.

"We are!" a reply came.

"Well it's not responding! we can't separate them if this one keeps on fighting" The men were all being very careful of the spikes. Since Q didn't have spikes, It wasn't known what they could do to an human.

"Just shoot the damn thing too!" A gun went off again and Q felt the needle pierce his skin before cold liquid spread from his back, softening every muscle in Q's body as it traveled. Q kept swinging his arms at anyone no matter how slower or heavier his body became. He kept the humans at a distance for about ten mor minutes. The caretakes were even discussing whereever or not to give him some more, when Q finally showed signes of passing out.

Falling back on his side. Q winced as a few of Yukie's spikes pricked him but otherwise he didn't feel anything.

It seemed like a heavy fog clouded his eyes as he saw movements around them. He could feel yukie's body slowly being unstrapped from his and cried a heartbroken sounde as the other was pulled from him. Q tried to reach back, to pull himself up and follow them. But the male only dropped down on his face as his view darkened and all strength was gone.

Laying in the shallow waters with his eyes closed he could hear the splashing of them moving away. He cried again though this time the sound was more weak than the first.

Silence.....

One of the caretakers stayed behind as the rest of the team hurried off with the sleeping merman. Back in the tank was the older one still with the tranquilizer hanging off his back.

Slipping off his big oversize labcoat, he held the syringe in between his teeth as he crawled down the ladder.

The water soaked through both pants and shoes as he jumped the last meter, but he didn't mind, none of those were his and water didn't bother him anyway.

As he reached the unconscious mer, he bent down and gently pulled the dart out. He then quickly injected the mer with the syringe he had and cut off the collar with retractable claws.

The drug worked quickly and Q was starting to come to his senses as he felt movements in the water and the warmth of someone touching him. At first he thought of Yukie, but then remembered everything.

In one quick move, before then man even realized it. Q swung the other underneath him with strong hands. His tail held the human down as his claws was on the guy's throat.

He would had killed the human right there and then, but stopped when he noticed the scales on the person's arm and neck.

Q didn't know if he had unconscious loosened his grip or.. because the man spoke.

"I'm on your side. We haven't got much time, if you want to save your mate it is got to be now"

"Yukie..Yukie" Q tried to waken the sleeping merman by gently clapping the other's cheeks.

"Isn't he up jet!" the man asked as he closed the door. As it close it shut out the annoying ringning of the fire alarm. "It's "Is not working quickly enough" Q replied with an hiss. He was frightened of what the humans might do to them when they noticed there wasn't any fire. Shallow had faked the scene of a fire going on and ativatet the alarm.

"We'll have to move him somehow we can't stay here" Shallow said as he glanced down at Q's bare legs. "Can you keep it up?"

Q nodded. He still had strenght enough to stay in this form but it was also very tiring.

Yukie huffed lightly the bright lights making him cringe. Looking drizzly at his mate Yukie looked around confused by what was going on and where he was. "...it's cold..." Yukie mumbled not liking being out of the warmer water his tail drying out a little and itching as he laid back down not really doing good with the drug in his system.

The moment Yukie's eyes opened was the moment a wave of relieve washed in over Q. He knew the place wasn't ideal to relax in the state all of them were in. But just seeing no harm had come to the other yet was reassuring and calmed his nerves.

"The air feels quite drifferent on us" Q agreed as he gently caressed Yukie's cheeks to pass over a bit of his warmth.

"We'll moved him with this." Shell (Shallow) said as he pushed a cart towards the table Yukie lay on. The cart wasn't all that big, just big enough for Yukie's to sit in if he retrace his quills. It would cover his tail with just enough water to make him more comfortable as well.

Q didn't know all about mers. But he did know a few things from experience that being dried up in mers for didn't kill them it did make them sick.

With Shell's help, he and Q carried Yukie over in the cart. True enough the quills took up to much space.

"Yukie you need to retract your spikes, I promise you I wouldn't let anything happen to you but you need to do this for us or we wouldn't make it out of here" Q said after Shell had eyes him, silently signaling Q to do something.

"...don't touch them" Yukie mumbled annoyed by the flashing lights and noise his quills poking out more before slowly shrinking back the quite deadly spikes now showing only slightly under his scales. With a small huff Yukie settled into the cart curling up and using his long fins hid from the bright lights that where horrid to him. With another whimper Yukie curled up more not liking the horrible settings he was now in his body already starting to stress and panic.