Stranger Than Fiction (Shisu-Chan00+BunBun)

BunBunTheCatSnake

Jude looked over at Luke when he asked what he was thinking about, a tiny smile crossing his lips when he said it would cause wrinkles. He found it sweet that Luke noticed he was deep in thought. Most people thought he was just mad when he was deep in thought, so it warmed his heart to know that in such a short time Luke knew the difference. "I was just thinking about what kind of place we should eat at," Jude lied as he adjusted himself in his seat to stay awake and alert. "Should we get fast food? Should we go to another diner - one that is hopefully not run by witches!" Jude sighed and shook his head, "it's some pretty heavy stuff." Jude just hoped Like wouldn't be able to tell when he was lying. He didn't want to add to the worry if he told Luke they probably wouldn't make it before the full moon. He just didn't have the heart.

Jude sighed and rubbed his eyes, finding it impossible at this point to stay awake. "I'm dead to the world right now," Jude said as he shook his head. "I'm going to sleep... just... wake me up if you can't keep your eyes open, okay?" Jude said giving him a side glance before laying his head against the window, using his arm as a pillow. Just must have been more tired than he thought, because he felt like he was out in a matter of seconds. It had been years since he fell asleep in a car; he was always on the go, with little to no time to actually rest. He was so tired, and the vigorous sex before hand didn't help any. Besides sleep was just what he needed to avoid taking about his worries and thoughts.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BunBunTheCatSnake

• Shisu-Chan00

Luke didn't really believe him when he said that he was thinking about what food they were going to get next. They had eaten not too long ago and Jude was tiny...less sex really made him hungry. If anyone should be hungry it would be Luke who burned through food faster than he should with his newfound abilties and body. Also, he was stress eating when he did. It was like he couldn't get enough food down his throat and the worry and stress of his first full moon just kept bringing on more food. He didn't think he could eat fast enough to gain weight, his body burned off everything by being incredibly hot that it was hard to even get fat. He couldn't get drunk, couldn't get fat, probably couldn't take a strong enough drug that would keep him out of it. His body was just...too advanced.

His eyes blinked a few times as he chuckled at the witch comment, "Hey...we can figure it out after you get some rest." he said just seeming to let the thought of Judes worries slide from his thoughts. He would have plenty of alone time while the other slept so he had no worries in the world as to having to talk now. When the other male turned and started to get comfortable Luke smiled a little, "I'll be alright. I'm not tired. Get some sleep." he said gently getting comfortable in the seat for the long drive ahead. Just as soon as Jude had said he was gonna rest he was out and Luke could hear the other breathing as if it was in his ear. He ran a hand through his hair turning up the music just a little bit so he wouldn't have to be so hyperaware of Jude while the other was resting.

After a few hours Luke rubbed his eyes peering over at the clock reading that it was midnight. He needed gas and he had to pee, he figured he could get some coffee too while he was at it. He pulled off a ramp into a small town peering around to find a gas station. He stopped filled up the tank and going to the bathroom while the trunk filled up. When he finished he came back, bought himself a coffee and hopped back into the truck. Jude was still fast asleep against the door so he turned the car on and pulled away from the pump heading back onto the interstate. He could drive till late morning tomorrow without needing to stop again but Jude would have to take over once he was less tired. Luke could feel his neck tensing up and aching from the drive but they had made good headway. While Jude was asleep they had driven further than usual bringing them two days from their destination. Of course...the first full moon of Luke's existance as a werewolf was tomorrow evening. His body knew it, his heart knew it, and he knew Jude probably knew. They would have to stop putting them behind probably three days for recovery after the shift and whatever other clean up that needed to be done. Luke was terrified of hurting someone...terrified of killing someone. he didn't want to be afraid of himself but he knew he would have to face his first full moon alone.

Jude didn't have that reoccurring dream again, but he did have a dream that made him wake up in a sweat. The dream was set in the woods, and the only light illuminating the world around him was the full moon that loomed over their heads like a warning. Luke was in the middle of a clearing, his skin ripping open like someone was clawing at him. His screams pierced Jude's ears, and even though he knew he should run he just stood there watching his friend slowly turning into something different. The part of Jude that knew it was a dream kept telling him that to run, but somewhere in his heart he knew that he only stayed because he didn't want to leave Luke to suffer alone. Jude was experienced in this, so if he had to get away he could. Eventually Luke didn't even look like the one Jude knew and cared for. Jude went to move, but it felt like the grass clung to his feet to keep him in place. Jude tried his hardest to move from the place, his heart beating against his chest like a drum. The last thing Jude remembered in the dream was the feeling of hitting the ground, before he woke up. He took a deep breath of air and sat up straight. He looked over at Luke, his eyes squinting just a second to make sure it really was him.

Jude calmed himself down, his hands running through his black hair. "Hey... I'm all rested up. Pull over so we can switch, and then you can get some rest. You deserve it." Jude looked over at Luke, worry seeping into his heart. The dream didn't scare him because it was a sterotypical werewolf dream, but because it pained him to watch Luke go through something like that. Maybe Luke would have better luck with his dreams. Jude didn't want Luke to turn without a safe house. Maybe he should research into places that were strong enough to hold a werewolf? Would Luke be okay with being trapped in a room though?

Luke had been driving peacefully and as the sun started to peek up over the horizon. He didn't mind it being so bright and early but he did mind hearing the speeding up breathing beside him. His eyes flicked to Jude, worry sliding into his chest. He was just about to reach over and wake him up when Jude bolted awake sitting straight up in the seat. He was sweaty and looked like he had just been pulled from a horrible nightmare. He watched him run his hands through his hair and he chuckled lightly at the first thing he had said. "How about we get breakfast? We are two days out from your friends so I think we could take a small breather for the both of us. You kind of look like shit..." he said softly reaching over and ruffling Jude's hair. "Lets stop and eat. What are you craving? Pancakes? Waffles?" he asked happily trying to pull Judes thoughts from the dream he had just been pulled from.

He didn't want to ask him what he had been dreaming about because he feared he knew. He was worried about the shift, worried about the moon that loomed over them. During the evening the moon had been high above them and yet Luke could feel his skin crawl. it was getting closer and even if he didn't know when or how close it actually was he knew it would be here soon. He didn't know that the full moon would be on their doorstep within a day and he didn't think Jude did either. he didn't look worried enough...however, the worst thing would be if they were caught in the full moon in the open. Or in the car, or anywhere other than a safe house. It would be awful and Luke wouldn't be able to control himself...he could kill someone and that was the last thing he wanted on his mind.

The questions about breakfast caused a smile to spread across his lips, his head shaking softly as he leaned back in his seat. He was still a little shaken up by the dream, but Luke was calming him down just a bit. Luke was such a good man... he didn't deserve any of this. Out of everyone in the world, Jude truly felt like Luke deserved a normal happy life. Though Jude was happy that Luke was here. "That's a hard question," Jude said as the rubbed his eyes, with a loud yawn. "Mmm... what about some diner? Maybe they'll have giant burritos smothered in gravy." Maybe breakfast really was what they needed right now, though Jude couldn't help but worry about getting even more behind.

"That one looks promising!" Jude said as he pointed to a diner under the name Jodi's Eggy Wakies. "Then we'll eat and you'll sleep, I'll drive... then boom! We'll be there in no time at all!" Jude was still trying to stay optimistic about getting there in time, even if he knew ssecretly that there was no use - but maybe that voice was wrong? The image of Luke in his dream was carving it's way into his mind, which made his heart sink. He didn't want to see it in person. Jude reached into the middle console and grabbed his cigarettes and lighter, pressing one in between his lips as he lit it up breathing in the fumes deeply. He blew the smoke out the window, and made sure his hand with the cigarette was hanging out as well. He needed a smoke more than ever.

Luke peered over to him and smiled a little as he yawned and seemed to be craving breakfast burritos. When he pointed out a diner he chuckled and nodded, "Alright lets try it then. Long as they waitress isn't a witch I'm down." he winked over to his companion as he turned on the blinker to get off the highway and to the little diner. He peered over to Jude as he lit himself a cigerrette and sighed gently, "Those things will kill ya you know?" He didn't mean it to be rude but he was sort of growing on him and Luke would be lying if he said he did't want him to stick around for awhile. He dind't want to lose someone like Jude so early on. He needed him in his life more than anything...he kept him sane it seemed.

The diner looked busier and there were families there so he assumed this would be a safe bet. He parked the car and got out stretching and hearing his bones crack here and there. "Ugh! I feel like weve been in the car for hours! Heh...I hope they have coffee." he said as he closed the truck door behind him and walked around the truck opening the door for Jude. "Hey, you think they have really good buscuits and gravy? Ugh that sounds really nice right now...honestly I'm kind of starving." He was sort of rambling a bit but he didn't care. He was worried, nervois, scared, and all around paranoid of the shift and he couldn't help himself from feeling that way. He wanted it to be over with and yet at the same time...he was terrified.

The worried comment about his smoking caused a smile to spread on his lips, as he flicked the ash off. "We hunt the supernatural for a living, and smoking is what you're worried about?" Jude teased as he drew the aigrette closer to his lips, and inhaled the last bit before pressing it against his car. He placed the half smoked cigarette in the pack of cigarettes after they had stopped, his eyes flashing over to Luke when he walked over to his door and opened it. He swung his legs to the side so he would face Adrian, "Mm... I hope they do. That sounds fucking delicious." Jude said as he hopped out of the car and stretched with a soft grunt. He felt like he was sitting for years, so it felt amazing to actually stand. After he was finished stretching he playfully slapped Luke's upper arm, "let's get going. My stomach is trying to eat itself."

Jude double checked to see if he had his wallet, and when he discovered he did have it he started to walk towards the diner. He was already planning on spending a lot of money, which was doable, but Jude needed to make more money so he wouldn't stress. The only problem with his usual way of making money was that he wasn't sure how Luke would take it. Maybe he should see if any of the Hunters were willing to give him odd jobs? The only problem with that was that he had to talk with other small minded hunters. Jude opened the door for Luke with a large grin on his face, "just returning the favor." Jude said with a small wink.

Luke paused and smiled a little seeing Jude step out of the truck and stretch. "Hey you never know, I think you can handle the supernatural pretty well." He winked and slapped Jude's ass as he walked away. He closed the door to the truck and locked it before heading after the other to the diner. When he got there he smiled a little, "Thanks." he entered and looked around, a waitress asking him to sit where ever he wanted. He peered back at Jude a moment and then motioned to a booth a ways off from some of the families and then headed that way sitting down. This way they could talk about whatever they wanted and not have to worry about little ears picking up things.

He slid a menu over to Jude once he sat down and sighed softly, "I just need food. So How do you make money Jude? To like pay for all these and the hotels?" he asked not really too interested in it but he was going to be running low on money soon enough. "If I'm not working a steady job how am I going to keep up the money in my wallet? Not like we get paid for hunting right?" he asked resting his chin in his hands as he absently went over the menu with his eyes. Looking for something that jumped out at him for he was relatively starved. It was probably his body getting itself ready for the change as it was.

Jude sat down at the booth and began to read the menu, finding what seemed like twenty items in a fraction of a few seconds he wanted. He was drooling over the menu when Luke began to talk. His cheeks immediately turned bright red so he lifted the menu up so Luke couldn't see his face. Jude had two options: tell the truth and have Luke possibly freak out, or lie and have him find out later. Maybe if he told him now he wouldn't freak out as bad? "Well... there are some jobs you can take for money, but hunters are... intolerable. So..." Jude tapped his foot against the wooden floor and bit his lip anxiously. "Sometimes I'll... sleep with people, and take the money out of their wallet while their sleeping. Other times if I'm in a state prostitution is legal, I'll do that. If I'm in the middle of bum fuck nowhere I'll cheat in poker or something..." Jude said quickly, sinking into his seat with a sheepish smile.

Thankfully their waitress came in the knick or time, asking them if they wanted anything to drink. "Coffee!" Jude said quickly, before clearing his throat and smiling. "Sorry, coffee please. With extra cream on the side." The waitress quickly wrote it down, and looked over at Luke with a smile. "What about you?" She asked with a voice as sweet as honey. Jude looked at Luke before looking over at the waitress, sinking into his seat.

Luke had found something he had wanted and sat the menu down waiting patiently for an answer from his partner. When he got it it was far from what he imagined. Jealousy and hate welled up in his chest and he felt like he was going to vomit. Luckily a waitress came up and distracted them both however Luke’s eyes didn’t leave Jude when he was asked what he wanted. After a long moment he sighed and looked up to her with a heart stopping smile on his face, “I’ll take a water. Thanks so much.” He winked at her and then turned to Jude as she walked away.

“So you’re a prostitute basically? Awesome to know. How many guys have you been with Jude?” He tilted his head a little bit of anger there. “You know I could think of a ton of ways to make money other than that. How many guys have held you like I did? No wonder it doesn’t matter to you...” he looked away hurt and anger written all over his face. He just wanted to get to the safe house, shift, and then leave.

Jude harshly sat down his menu and looked at Luke with angry disbelief. "What the fuck?" Jude angrily whispered as he crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. "They were just fucks, Luke. With you it was... different. I wanted to fuck you, those other guys was so I could survive. It was a way I could get a bunch of money quick, so it would last." Jude stood up and threw his wallet onto the table, "we aren't dating so why should you care so much about something I do to support myself! You have no idea what these past few years have been like for me, so fuck off." Jude whispered loudly, looking down at Luke a bit wounded as well. "Just... get whatever you want with what's in there, and leave me alone for a like an hour or two." Jude stormed away and slammed the diner doors. The waitress looked over at the doors and then to Luke with wide eyes, and sat his coffee aside before walking over with the water. "Do you know what to eat yet, hun?"

Jude quickly took out his cigarettes and lit one up, his hands shaking with anger. He stormed down the street, the sounds of the ocean waves not too far away from him drawing him in. Jude was seething with anger, his cheeks flushed red to show it. "He knows nothing about what it's like to be on his own as a hunter," Jude mumbled angrily under his breath, as he aggressively pulled away the cigarette. Jude was so unlike the other hunters that he was never certain who would give him work or not, so he did what he knew what he was good at. Anyone would have done it. The thing that really grinded his gears though was that Luke compared himself to all of those one night money stands, like he was some slut. Maybe in a sense Jude was, but it was never a great feeling to have someone point it out so harshly.

Luke felt guilt in his chest and then instant regret. The hurtful words sliding from Jude’s mouth was like a slap to the face and he couldn’t help but feel a little upset. I mean shit he was, he felt like he was just a fuck and he didn’t matter. As soon as those last words of “fuck off” left his lips Luke felt like shit. They weren’t dating so why did it matter? Why did he care? He ran a hand through his hair watching Jude storm off only to feel the accusing look from the waitress. He smiled to her when she came back and shook his head, “I’m not hungry anymore. Here.” He stood grabbing Jude’s wallet and then opening his own giving the woman a $5. “I’m sorry for the scene. This is cause we didn’t order anything. Have a good day.” He spoke a little forcefully before leaving.

His mind was only one place. If Jude wanted a few hours alone then so did Luke. He felt like shit and he felt like it wasn’t just something special between them. He had never been the jealous boyfriend type but his blood boiled thinking of other men holding Jude. He didn’t even know why, but it bothered him to no avail. He opened the back of the truck pulling himself into the bed and unstrapping his bike. He rolled it from the back and lovingly touched the seat. He grabbed his glasses and put them on before hoping on the back of the bike and kicking the starter. He revved the engine a little, it’s growl almost like a favorite song for him.

He knew Jude would think he left for good but he didn’t care. He was too upset to give a shit. He needed nature, a wooded place to feel st home. He never felt that way before but in that moment he wanted to be surrounded by trees. He kicked the foot stand up and pulled out of the drive way to the diner making sure the truck was locked up before he left.

The bike coming to life beneath him was like an old friend. He had missed it and needed it in his life. Before he knew it he was on the highway going over 100 miles an hour and not giving a damn about it. He couldn’t die, he had no risks. He could see the ocean from here and he turned off onto the coastal road. Driving along side the waves as if they were his best friend. His phone was open on his dash showing the closest forest ridge he could find. It was an hour away but he knew he didn’t give a shit. Jude would either wait for him or leave him. Either way he had the coordinates for the safe house...he would just take the full moon alone.

In the distance Jude heard the roar of a motorcycle, so he turned his head to look at the blurry figure. The motorcycle just reminded him of Luke, so he turned his head towards the ocean with a pout. He was so angry, that the mere thought of Luke made him angry. Jude sat down on the sandy beach and stuffed his face in between his knees as he watched the waves crash against the shore. He lived by the ocean growing up, so the sound had a sort of calm to it. He sighed softly and looked down, lost in his memories of a time before now. Jude was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear the sound of footsteps coming towards him, until he heard the two words that made his bones chill. "Hello Jude," Roman said as he sat down next to the terrified Jude. "It's been a while, hasn't it my love?" Roman said, his pale hand moving to brush Jude's hair out of his face. Jude quickly turned his head and stood up, staring down the man who ruined his life. "Get the fuck away from me, Roman!" Jude yelled, his hands clenching hard enough that he thought his palms might bleed.

"You've become the brave one now, haven't you?" Roman said with a condescending smirk. His blonde hair glimmered in his sunlight, and his gorgeous hazel eyes stared Jude down with just as much intensity. "You used to be so fragile and weak, and I guess you still are. But now you've got a bark... it's kind of hot." Roman said with a chuckle, his head rolling back. "You're still insecure though, that's something that would never change. It was really my fault really... Your insecurities are my greatest handiwork."

"Shut the fuck up!" Jude screamed, his body trembling. He wanted to kill Roman... but there was still that small part that loved him, that couldn't let him go. All these years he was hoping maybe Roman manipulated him because he was forced to, but hearing him now was starting to burn his hope's. Roman got up, and ran his hand across his cheek. "You're only angry because I'm right, Jude." Roman said with a smile, as he met with Jude's gaze. "What do you want, Roman?" Jude asked angrily, his gaze shooting daggers at the man. Roman broke apart from Jude and stretched, "well I heard through the grape vine that you were seeing a werewolf, and I wanted to check things out. The werewolves are some of my most favorite customers."

"Leave Luke alone!" Jude snapped, all of his anger he was feeling towards Luke washing away in a second. Jude went to punch Roman, but he moved just in time for Jude to completely miss. He chuckled softly, his hands stuffed in his pockets. "Oh darling... you don't even remember what my business was in. You remember itty bitty bits, but you don't even know the extent of my empire." Roman had enough control over Jude over the years that his emotions and memories were still vulnerable to him, and the fact that he still had that much power over him terrified the smaller male. "Luke is a werewolf, my love. Trust me when I say he'll give in to temptation." Roman grabbed Jude's chin and planted a small kiss on his lips, "well darling, as much as I would love to stay I have to go. We should catch up real soon." Roman walked away, leaving Jude feeling completely useless. What was he even planning? What did Luke bring a werewolf have anything to do with it?

After Roman was out of sight, Jude could feel tears form and cloud his eyesight. He had to find Luke and get the hell away from here. Jude wiped his eyes and ran back to the diner. When he got there he was told that he had left, which made anxiety form into his stomach like an illness. Jude pulled out his phone and quickly dialed Luke's number as he sat in the driver's seat, anxiously waiting for Luke to pick up the phone so he knew he was alright and safe.

Luke felt the bike below his body like a new friend. However, he had made it to the woods before he realized it and he now laid in the grass surrounded by nature. Exactly where he wanted to be. His eyes closed as his body was painted with sunlight and the afternoon sea kissed wind lifted his hair from his face. He wasn't mad anymore, he was stupid to get jealous over someone he was just fucking. He and Jude weren't together and even if he felt something deep down inside that they should be the small hunter wasn't his to claim. His arms were under his head as he listened to the rustling of the trees, his bike parked next to him a few feet away. He felt like he could hear everything. The small rabbits bouncing through the under brush, the birds calling in the trees, the wind whispering his name through the branches. He could hear the sound of the sea crashing against the shore not far off and he felt like he could hear the sounds of deer clomping through the leaves on the ground. He felt at home here, like everything around him had a specific place and a specific job to do here in the woods.

It was all cut short with the sound of his phone. He groaned softly and reached into his pocket, not even bothering to look at who it was. "Listen Brett today isn't the day to fuck with me. Can't you just delete my number?" he spoke into the phone, annoyance and frustraion clouding his voice. He hadn't read that it was Jude's number although he should have. His phone had been buzzing non stop with hateful messages and voicemails from Brett and he was tired of it. It was only second nature to assume that the caller was Brett. Little did he know that Jude had just had a brush with Roman. His weird manipulative vampire lover from years past. Luke would be lying if he said he didn't feel a little threatened by Roman and the pull he had on Jude, but he felt that he and Jude had a connection. He didn't think he was just a fuck buddy.

He wouldn't believe he was just a fuck buddy, it wasn't going to work. He knew he felt something, Jude made him feel like he was on cloud nine. He couldn't just think it was one sided? Could he? Luke had to hope that Jude felt that fire he felt and knew that they were the only ones for one another. He knew it was a stupid thought and that Jude didn't believe in mates but something was telling Luke that they were. Maybe not mates but Jude sure did give off a phermone that threw Luke into a heat he had never known before. He felt that if he didn't fuck Jude in that moment he would explode, and afterwards he felt fine. It was a strange thing to think about but he didn't mind it.

He pulled the phone away from his face and then pulled it back. "Jude? Is everything okay?" he asked having read the screen name on his phone. He sat up and brushed the front of his shirt off before standing up and doing the same to his pants. He was already walking to his bike and throwing a leg over it to leave. He didn't think Jude would call him unless something was wrong or something was going on. He didn't think that anything would happen to Jude but he still couldn't risk it. He was a hunter but if someone surprised him he was fucked. Luke had no idea roman was plotting something, for all he knew everything was fine and Jude was calling about their fight. He had no idea that Roman was plotting against him for the love he was showering on Jude. He had no idea that their lives would be rocked once more so soon.

Jude burst into tears the second he heard Luke's voice. Not because he thought he was Brett, but because he was safe - or as safe as he could be anyways. Jude sat in his car, his shoulders shaking from the overwhelming emotion he was feeling in that moment. "You're safe... thank God..." Jude said through tears. He tried his hardest to regain his composure, but he found it so difficult. Jude didn't think he would see Roman again, and the encounter was unlike anything he dreamt of. He imagined Roman telling him that he was forced to do everything he did, and that he was so in love with him it was crazy. Jude felt like an idiot for being so hung up on Roman. But when Roman mentioned Luke he just... Roman could do whatever he wanted to Jude, but he couldn't touch Luke. "Where are you Luke? Please I need to see you." Jude sounded desperate, scared, vulnerable. "I'm so sorry for earlier just... please I need to see you so I know you're safe."

Why did Roman have so much power over him? Jude hated it, and wanted to be free from him. The need to kill Roman grew stronger - stronger than it had ever been since he started on his adventure. "I'm at the diner... just get here quick, Luke. I can't lose you." Luke was like Jude's rock. He was so much more than a good fuck. Luke was his companion, his best friend, someone that he could confide in. If Roman took him away and made the beast win, then Jude wouldn't know what to do in this crazy fucked up world. Maybe there was a way to escape Roman? A way that he wouldn't ever find them. Somewhere Jude knew that was impossible. Emotional vampires were the pioneers for tracking their prey down.

Luke grew worried and he held the phone closer to his ear, "Jude? Slow down. I'll be there soon okay? I promise. Don't go anywhere. I'm 20 minutes out but I'll be there as soon as I can." he kicked his bike on hearing it scream under him. Even though the drive was twenty minutes he figured he could make it in under ten if he tried hard enough. He didn't ever want to hear that voice from Jude ever again. He had never heard him so upset, so weak sounding. He quickly pulled out of the moore he was in and started driving on the highway heading toward the diner. He felt like he was running out of time and that every car he passed was just another obsticle. He was zigzagging through traffic without a care in the world going faster than he had gone before.

When he arrived at the diner he hopped off the bike setting it up before running to the truck. He didn't know what he would find there but he was more than terrified for the answer. Jude had never seemed so upset with him or with anything. Something had really scared him...not only that but the lose you part was confusing to him. Luke had no intentions of leaving Jude but that didn't mean something couldn't force them apart. He quickly puled open the door and was panting slightly his eyes scanning over Jude, "Are you hurt? What happened?" He asked sweat perculating at his temples from the adrenaline it took to even get there.

Jude sat in his car crying so hard that his shoulder shook. He could feel a panic attack coming on, and as much as he tried to suppress it he found it impossible. His breathing started to hitch, and he found it difficult to breathe. The world felt like it was a small fish bowl that a child was spinning, and Jude felt trapped. Jude tried to control his breathing, but the more he tried the more difficult it became. He needed Luke more than anything right now. The twenty minutes felt like eternity in hell, so when Luke pulled open the truck door Jude couldn't help but feel joyful. "Luke..." Jude said in between breaths, his arms quickly wrapping around his neck like it was the only thing he needed in life. "Luke! Roman. He..." Jude trailed off, his body crippling the second he mentioned Roman's name.

"I'm so happy you're safe... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Jude said as he covered his face. His body curled into the fetal position, and his toes rubbed against the inside of his shoes. He kept apologizing like he was a broken record. Jude felt so lost and guilty. If Jude didn't get attached to Luke, then maybe he would be okay. Jude should have just sent him with Ethan, but he felt like he should himself. Ethan was still very much bigoted towards the supernatural, and Jude didn't want Luke to go through more than he had. But maybe he should have done it, but then again the thought made Jude feel even worst. Was Roman feeling all of his desperation and despair right now? Why did he enjoy making him feel so worthless?

Luke was shocked to feel arms slide around his neck. He gently held Jude to his chest and tried to make sense of the words coming out of his mouth. Nothing seemed to be making sense but he could hear his name and Romans and he was more than unhappy. He tightened his hug on Jude and gently ran a hand through the others hair trying to calm him down. "Jude hey...calm down alright? Everything is okay. You're safe." he broke off a little hearing the apologies and wondering why they were even there. It was such a strange sound coming from Jude and as the apologies just got more and more frequent he couldn't help but feel like something was really wrong.

"Jude. It is okay, you're alright. Listen to me he isn't here anymore. I'm here with you right now and I'm going to keep you safe." he gently made Jude look at him and he took a deep breath in from his nose and let it out of his mouth, "Breathe Jude. You're too worked up right now...listen to my voice and just calm down." he gently spoke his eyes scanning over Jude's face as he seemed more than upset. "You have to calm down Jude...I can't help you if you can't talk to me." He ran a hand into his hair gently brushing it out of his face. He wanted to hug him, to make it all better but he didn't know what he was trying to cure. Roman had showed up apparently but Luke had no idea what he had done or why Jude was apologizing so much to him. It didn't make much sense to him.

Jude let Luke lift his face, which revealed a blubbering mess of a face. His eyes and cheeks were red with tears, and his cheeks were so wet that they looked like rocks one would find in a lake. He tried to mimic Luke's breathing, finding it hard at first but slowly found his rhythm. He looked up at Luke when he brushed his hair out of his face, which calmed him down just a little more. He felt so guilty for wrapping Luke into this mess, but he never thought Roman would do something like this. What was scary was that Jude didn't know what Roman was planning, or even what his motives were. He was still no closer to finding out what he was doing for that year he was under his spell. Jude placed his hand over one of Luke's hands, that terrified look still in his eyes. "Roman was here, and he was... he... he was threatening to do something to you, and I got so scared when I came back and you weren't there. I thought Roman had found you or something, and then when you got off the phone I thought that he had done something terrible to you, and I just..." Jude paused, tears threatening to swim back up. "I kept thinking about the fight we had, and I would feel so stupid if 'fuck off' was the last thing I said to you."

Jude reached up and hugged Luke tightly, as if he was scared that if he didn't then he would go away. "I'm so sorry about all of this; I'm sorry for getting so mad, I'm sorry for wrapping you into this, I'm sorry for everything." Jude rested his forehead on Luke's shoulder, and shut his eyes tightly. Jude knew he would feel so embarrassed about being this vulnerable, but at this moment he needed Luke more than he needed water or air. Everything seemed to be going wrong, and Luke was the only shining light that made any sense at this moment.

The sight that shown on Jude was rather sad. He was tear stricken, whimpering, and seeming to be on the break of another sobbing fit in only moments. Thankfully he was able to calm himself down just a little. Using Luke's example of calm breathing to help calm him down. It seemed to have worked for Jude looked like he wanted to say something. A hand gently covered one of Lukes and he realized Jude was so close to breaking down again. He gently wiped the tears from his cheeks as he spoke and smiled a little, "Roman can't hurt me...aren't werewolves and vampires like sworn enemies or something?" he rolled his eyes but his smile fell when Jude hugged him.

"Listen...You don't need to apologize Jude. I'm here, I'm safe. As for the fight...it sucked but it was my fault. I shouldn't have gotten jealous over something like that when I'm not...well when I'm just your partner. I shouldn't have gotten upset about it and I'm sorry I called you horrible names..." he gently kissed his shoulder. He did feel bad for calling Jude a slut but he still felt like something was wrong. He hugged him tighter and sighed softly, "Do...do you want to find a hotel for the night? I don't want you driving right now and I'm too tired to drive very far...if we can find a motel we could relax and talk if you like?" he asked gently kissing his shoulder again as his hand gently rubbed comforting circles into his back.

Jude pulled away from Luke, still obviously shaken but far better than he was when he found him. He shook his head in protest, those emotional eyes staring Luke down. "No... no... we need to get back on the road, and get you to a safe house at least. I can call my friend and see if he knows of anywhere strong enough to detain you, and then we can go see him where we'll be safe." Jude reached up and grabbed Luke's face, his eyes tracing over every crevice as if it might be the last time he looked at him. Roman had a way of crawling in his skin and making him feel however he seemed fun, but that's just how emotional vampires worked. The bloodsuckers were reasonable - at least some - but emotional vampires were sadists from birth. Maybe Jude should get into contact with them? From what Jude knew, they disliked Roman almost as much as Jude did. Why? Jude never found that out.

"Get in the car... driving calms me down. Get some sleep, you look so tired... you haven't slept yet, so it's your turn." Jude leaned in and kissed Luke, feeling his heart flutter for just a moment. Jude tried to dismiss the feeling, though at the same time he wanted to hold onto it. It felt nice to feel something good right now. Sometimes one had to take what they could in situations like this, even if they were confusing and every other bone whispered to tuck it away. But dammit... Jude needed it right now.

Luke knew exactly what this meant, the refusal to stop meant only one thing. They weren't going to make it to his friends before the first full moon and the panic and worry shown in his eyes in just a flash before he masked it away. Knowing all too well that he needed to be strong for Jude right now. He was a little surprised however, that this man who looked broken down and finished was being so strong. He was about to say something when Jude leaned into him kissing him gently on the lips. He was a little shocked by this action as well but he smiled a little and slid a hand deeper into his hair kissing him back softly. He had no problems feeling for Jude. Luke had already given in to the feelings he had for this man and he had no reasons to hide them. If it were up to him he would make Jude the happiest man alive...but it seemed he was still hung up on Roman.

"Alright...I'm not sleeping though." he sighed softly and nosed his cheek softly before stepping away from Jude. He felt a little cold a moment as the warmth of those arms around his neck left and he closed the drivers door. He walked to his bike and kicked the stand off rolling it back into the truck. He quickly put the wooden boards back into the back and closed the bed up tight. He then walked around the truck and got into the passenger side, his eyes dark from sleep deprivation and the worry of his first shift. Once he was confortable he peered over to Jude, "Will...will he have a safe house that we can get to fast enough? I didn't want to say anything but I can feel...my body is sore." he looked away from his partner a moment. "I'm scared I'll hurt you when I shift...if you can't lock me up and I start killing people you have to kill me Jude. I don't want to be a murderer." he looked back over to him desperation in his eyes. He didn't want to wake up from his nightmare and realized he had killed or wounded people around him. It would be heart breaking for him considering he wasn't used to killing people like Jude. Even then Jude killed monsters...like him.

Jude just sat in his car for a second as Luke put his bike in the car. His life felt like the exact equivalent to what it felt like to get run over by a train. So much was going on and it felt like everything was moving so fast but in slow motion all at the same time. With Roman coming back into the picture and not being able to get to his friend in time, it felt like everything was falling apart. When Luke climbed back into the car, Jude turned his head to look at him for a second before he turned the ignition. The question made Jude look back at Luke, his heart sinking at the desperation on his face. "Luke... I will find you a safe house as if my life depended on it." Jude said sweetly, his hands moving to caress his hair soothingly.

The request made Jude's hand fall, off his head and drop to the glove compartment. Jude had killed plenty of werewolves, but would he be able to kill Luke? "Luke... I..." Jude took a deep breath and sighed as he sank into his seat. If Luke really wanted him to kill him if he hurt anyone, it was a reasonable request, but it sent him in a delima of selfishly keeping him around. After a while he nodded, "fine... okay..." he said as he looked over at Luke. "But I promise you that I will find a safe house, and I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't hurt anyone..." Jude didn't have it in him to kill Luke, but if it was something that he wanted then he felt defenseless. "I promise you, Luke... I just... I can't lose you." Jude looked over at Luke with a sad gleam in his eye for a second, before he turned his head and put the car into reverse. "I'll make a few phone calls... I have an idea of where to go, but I need to make sure that it'll be safe."

Luke watched the others face sink at his question and he knew that this was going to be relatively hard to fathom. he sighed softly at the answer he got knowing that Jude would do everything he could to keep him and others safe. It was selfish to ask to be killed but he couldn't live with himself if he woke up from that nightmare and killed people. It would be horrible and Jude wouldn't look at him the same way, he wouldn't look at himself the same way. The werewolf nuzzled Jude's hand lightly as he ran it through his hair only nodding lightly, "Okay...I trust you. I just...don't think I could live with myself if I hurt you." he said softly and looked way moving a hand over to Jude's thigh resting it there with a light squeeze.

"I'm just...gonna close my eyes for a little okay? My body hurts." he said softly leaning his head against the door of the truck, his hand still resting on Jude's thigh. He didn't want to let go, he had to touch him. Had to feel like everything was okay just for once. He was also scared and he felt that if he let go it was going to be awful. As soon as he closed his eyes his thoughts started to wander, his mind thinking of things it shouldn't. In turn when his mind slowly started to drift into sleep he started to dream about his change. He started to dream of what could happen the horrors that he would face. He wanted in that moment for Jude to just hold him, and tell him it would be okay, but that wasn't available right now. He was alone, in his dark, dangerous mind.

Jude held Luke's hand when he rested it against his thigh, his fingers lightly caressing the top of his hand. He found it oddly sweet that Luke was so scared to hurt him and others, but then he also had to remember that most people were like that. Jude was still like that to an extent, but hunting made him numb to a lot. When Luke said he was going to sleep he smiled softly, his hand squeezing Luke's softly. "Sleep well..." Jude said softly, his eyes moving to look at Luke for a second before they flickered back towards the road. Bloodsuckers had a prison that they would keep each other that was able to withstand their superhuman strength, and speaking from experience the two were similar. Maybe they would let him use one of those rooms? Jude knew where the closest clan was, and thankfully he was on good terms with most of them. Of course many of the bloodsuckers didn't trust Jude, seeing that he was a hunter. Though their leader helped Jude with a few jobs, and was once a hunter before he changed. If anyone would help Luke and Jude, it would be him.

Jude turned on his blinker and turned into a highway, and accelerated his speed. The clan was only an hour or two away, which gave them more than enenough time. Jude ran his thumb across Luke's hand again, almost like he was trying to remember every feeling. Jude was scared for Luke. He couldn't even imagine where his mind was at right now... Jude had seen his fair share of transformations, and while he felt bad for them he never felt this bad. Maybe he should find out his favorite food and get it for him in the morning after his shift... Jude sighed softly, and drove on.

Eventually Jude arrived at a large house, that looked seemingly normal. It had a white picket fence, and even a beautiful garden. They must have tended to it during the night or something. Jude turned to Luke, and brushed some hair from his face. "Hey..." he said softly, "wake up..."