A blind date with a vampire || 18+ (Psychological.)

Saga

aJPaHk3.pngRene stood still for a minute, watching Markus leave. He sighed in relief as the man finally left, though he stood and slid the card out of his pocket. 'A party huh....?' he thought to himself, he knew it meant he would have to let the director know he was going to have to leave early. His eyes rolled at the conversation that he anticipated at work played out through his head.

Sliding the card back into his pocket he turned and continued his way home. He wasn't going to worry about that, and if he could remain as generic as possible, he could get through the conversation without too many questions.

After picking up dinner and making his way home, Rene sat in his room. A towel hung from his shoulders as he was ready for bed. He continued to stare at the card, as though he was waiting for it to say something. He let out a frustrated sigh as he got up and slid the card in his wallet, 'What the hell is wrong with you....' he thought as he finished drying his hair and hung the towel up on the back of the door.

He slid under the covers and turned the lights off in his room. He stared up at the ceiling quietly as he allowed himself to drift to sleep. With a relaxing sigh, he closed his eyes with a final thought, 'What a day....'

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KohakuShadow

• Saga

ZdmuGPV.png The morning came quick for Luis, who spent the night in leisure. The male was agitated for the last hours, enough to mentally exhaust him. However, no matter how tired he felt, he didn't miss the extraordinary fact - Markus was too quiet. The last time Luis felt weakened, Markus was kind enough to let Luis' parents know. And what he got? His father nearly crashed his spine against a darned tree - speaking of love.

With a slight groan Shinohara rose from the bed, kicking the covers aside. It's was ten o'clock in the morning already. If by schedule, Markus had to be here by now nagging at him how late he was. The vampire put his black satin robe and walked out his room. The moment he opened the door, a quick movement had him lean to side. It was too quick for him to think of, 'What on earth was happening' or 'What was that'. His body moved by instinct, pupils following the quick motion of the object flying straight into the room.

KER-CHACK!!

The huge glass wall that was an amazing decoration to his room got smashed to pieces. Seemingly a heavy object flied in and then out the window.

- ... - Luis stared at his ruined room.

- Ah! Sir! - Markus rushed all worriedly to Luis.

- ..What was that?

- That? Ah, that. That, Sir, was the new GP3 sent from the Vatican. It's in testing period and we were just.. testing it. - Markus' voice lowered to silence when Luis furrowed brows.

- And why exactly on my floor? Look at my room now. How am I to use it?

The secretary peeked from Luis' side, innocently blinking.

- Oh my! - Markus reached hand up against cheek, he seemed so apologetic.

- Right... - Luis sighed in return and passed by Markus, - Call someone to fix it today. I feel like sleeping all day.

- Oh, Sir. It might be not done for today. I mean, wasn't that glass custom made?

- Ah... - Shinohara paused giving it a thought. Indeed, it was custom made.

- Sir, I suggest you to go for today in the underground chamber.

- You know I use it only for hibernation.

- Yes, I know. But you wanted to rest anyway. So no one shall bother you there, besides weren't you saying, Sir, that you wanted to use the pool there for some time?

- Indeed. Hm...- Luis got tempted by the idea to be completely isolated for some days, in his favorite part of the house.

After a few more seconds in debating he nodded,

- Okay. I will use it until it's fixed. I feel like I need that rest anyway. - lazily he headed for the stairs, not even aware of Markus' plan.

- Yes, Sir. - smiled the secretary.

aJPaHk3.pngThe day went as usual, he let the Director know he had to leave at 5pm for a party, there were a few questions, but he managed to dodge them and answer them as vaguely as possible. He wasn't sure what his director would say if he mentioned it was a party at the Shinohara estate and he really didn't want to try and explain himself.

Rene was more surprised that the Director seemed pleased that he was leaving at five rather than getting overtime. The Director ended up telling him to get the most important things done, and everything else could be done on Monday.

Rene went down to the wine cellar when he got home and found a red wine that he hoped would be appropriate for Luis, his parents had many wines from all over the place, and it was the thing he kept even after he sold his parents home. Since he lived alone, and didn't drink too often, he still had many bottles.

Setting the bottle on the counter he cleaned it off carefully and wrapped some ribbon around it. 'I just don't feel right showing up empty handed.....' he thought as he finished and headed down the hall to his room.

He stared at the suits he had in his closet and sighed as he tried to figure out which one he wanted to wear. He ended up choosing a classic black one he picked for formal events.

'This looks good....' he thought as he stood in front of the mirror tying the dark violet tie that matched the ribbon that kept his hair in a ponytail. As he finished he glanced over at the card that rested on his dresser. 'Am I really that excited....?' he thought as he grabbed the card and slid it into the breast pocket of his suit jacket. He walked down the hall and grabbed his coat. He slid it on before picking up the bottle and headed out of the house.

He thought about driving his car, seeing as he hadn't driven it in awhile, but the cool air was something he liked, and he had plenty of time to get to the address. The breeze gently caught bits of his hair as his ponytail trailed behind him, the only truly visible part of him in the shadows of the darkened city.

It wasn't long until he made it to the Shinohara Estate, 'This is the address....' he thought as he paused and pulled out the card to look at it.

ZdmuGPV.png Shinohara's estate was just about the outskirts of Rome, far from the busyness of the city. Of course, the establishment of the estate was legal before anyone would wonder if it were more epic than the Vatican itself and if such a grand and gothic styled maison existed solely as a private property. The huge gates that looked like a very pricey workpiece of a skilled blacksmith were wide open with Markus tall figure on the side. The male didn't seem bothered by the slightly cold wind, in fact he looked perfectly fine with the layer of a suit on top.

Once the secretary noticed Rene, he bowed chin lightly,

- I am glad to see you attending, sir. Please, do follow me.

With a a smooth spin on heel, Markus led the way to the maison.

Meanwhile Luis was calmly resting in the underground chamber. It was a luxurious place, typically decorated for Luis with black satin sheets, silky curtains in dark chocolate color hanged around the masterbed. Dozen of gothic and to a degree grotesque paintings decorated the dark gray walls. The chamber was huge enough to have a small pool covered in red petals that mixed wonderfully in the deep red substance that replaced water. Of course, it was blood substitute. Even if not real blood it was enough to give some power to the vampire whenever he was getting ready for a year of hibernation. The reason however for this chamber to feel like heaven was one more - no matter what, he wouldn't be disturbed.

Naturally Markus planned that exactly because Luis wouldn't be able to sense the human entering the estate. God knew where he'd run off to, if he sensed Rene before Markus could lock them in the chamber.

aJPaHk3.pngRene paused as he looked over at the figure who stood near the gate, the ornate design was stunning 'Seems fitting....' he thought as he walked over to the man. It was dark, with the sound of cars off in the distance, but the man waiting for him, sent a red flag up in his mind. 'Be on alert....' he thought again.

He bowed politely and smiled a bit, "Thank you...." he said softly. He watched the man turn to lead the way, he hesitated a moment but followed him. Despite following the Secretary, Rene kept a good distance between him and the man who led the way.

X Markus led the way inside, quietly walking in the front. Once they reached a long corridor for the farthest wing of the estate, the secretary turned smoothly around and gestured with a hand to the corridor.

- Sir, on here on you are alone. The last door will lead you into the master room, once you are there you have one and only stair-level to walk on. There are no other doors there for you to mistake. You will be right in the hall leading to the room.

Once the secretary instructed the human while bending lightly like a polite butler, Markus let the human pass by him.

- Enjoy your night. - so said the man, waiting patiently for the time when he could lock the exit from the underground chamber.

aJPaHk3.pngRene looked around observing the area as they walked by, everything was very different from what he was used to seeing on a daily basis. It reminded him of those old movies his parents used to watch, especially the horror movies. A shiver when through him as he thought of that. 'Damn childhood memories...' he thought as he composed himself again.

He stopped as the man stopped and gestured to the corridor before them. "W...wait....what...?" he said with a look of surprise. He stared passed the man before looking back at him, "Alone...?" he questioned. He stared at the man again as he remained polite.

He stared at the man suspiciously before he slowly walked passed him, he held the bottle in his arms as he turned back around to look at the man.

Enjoy your night.

Something didn't sit well with him, but he continued forward, keeping his eyes on the man until he was no longer in view. 'Now you really are stuck Ren....' said a voice in his mind,

'Even so, I'm not helpless....' he thought as he held the bottle in his arms, as though it would protect him. 'I also have my cellphone still, if they had something planned for me, they would have taken it from me...'

ZdmuGPV.png Even though the human looked so hesitant, which Markus wondered whether was by a natural instinct for humans to protect themselves from vampires, the secretary remained awfully calm. To his doubtful questions, Markus just nodded politely. It was obvious that a staff member wouldn't attend a party. Moreover, Markus never was fond of waking up his master. And even less when he was in the chamber.

Once the human was far enough to be off his sight, Markus beckoned a man from the second floor.

- Lock the gates. I will be locking the underground chambers.

So said the staff in the estate became a bit livelier to ensure the enclosure of the house. The night though turned out to be cold and foggy. Just about to storm yet not. The fog was preventing the wind from moving freely. It was such an eerie yet mesmerizing view around the vampire estate. Instead of normal lights, they used massive and expensive candles. Everything, including the hall leading to the underground chamber, was lit but just the right amount of light.

Meanwhile Shinohara was completely embraced by the softness of his satin sheets. The male preferred to sleep nude, not like he had a reason to dress himself after the bloody bath. After all the chamber was for the purpose to regenerate and hibernate. His pale skin has already dried from the blood substance, sucking in through the pores all that could be absorbed.

aJPaHk3.pngRene stopped as he heard some strange sounds, he turned around quickly as he looked back, the light had changed, becoming darker, 'That guy.....' he thought as he took some steps back, 'I knew he was suspicious....' he frowned and looked around. The sneaky secretary was right, there were no doors, no windows, no way to go but forward.

With a sigh and now on full alert he slowly made his way down the corridor. Despite his continuing forward, the dread of this being very much like a horror film started to make him more nervous. It wasn't long though until he found the door at the hall that the man spoke of, 'The Master Room....' he thought as he stood in front of it. 'Maybe there's a way out there....' he thought, so far the directions he gave was right, but that didn't lessen his nervous feeling, or the fact that he was feeling like a fool.

'Keep calm, you can't think if you panic...' he thought as he opened the door and entered into the room.

ZdmuGPV.png The curtains were spread around and over the bed but even so transparent enough for one to see if someone walked in the chamber. The young vampire though wasn't woken up by the clicking of the door, rather by the sweet fragrance he loved yet detested so dearly. His long strands of hair covered part of his face as he slept down on his stomach, but he slowly and gradually opened eyes. His brows locked up in a frown.

What was a human doing in his estate? Moreover. What was Rene doing here?!

Luis rustled around, having the satin sheets drop down to his waist as he sat up. The male's voice was still kind of deep and husky due to being just woken up.

- What are you doing here? - straight to the point, Luis calmly sat in his bed surrounded by the dark curtains.

aJPaHk3.pngRene looked around the room, as he stood by the door, a frown came to his face as his fears had been correct, 'That guy.....' he thought angrily, 'I'm gonna kill him....' he thought as he looked around. He really had been tricked, even though he knew it deep down, even though he shouldn't have accepted the invitation, he came. All because of Him. Something about him caused him to lose all reason and it made him angry with himself.

He froze in place as he heard movement from the curtains, his eyes drifting from the strange, eerie red pool, back to the black curtains. He cradled the bottle in his arms as his whole body tensed up.

What are you doing here?

The familiar voice questioned. Considering he felt he had intruded on someone, he didn't blame the question, if anything he completely understood it. "Mr...Shinohara...." he said in a shaky voice. "Ah....I apologize..." he said as he took a step back. "I was told to go this way..." he took another step back. "I....I should go...." He turned around quickly so he could head back to the door.

ZdmuGPV.png Judging from the situation Luis quickly realized it was all schemed up. From the quiet morning, the breaking of the glass, the agreement for him to spend the days in leisure...to this. So Markus really was on Luis' father's side.

Once the human sensed danger he rushed to run away. But that wasn't something which would surprise Shinohara. They all were the same - being tempted by vampires, mesmerized even; then they throw them away as soon as they get to know they were something unhuman. Now and then Luis wondered, who acted more unhuman - vampires or humans?

With a calm gaze he followed the figure that ran off. However, he could bet that Markus had already closed the chamber. It'd be in his style to do so. Thus Shinohara rose from the bed to reach for his silky robe. The male had no reason to rush and chase after Rene.

But come to think of it. He paused the tying of the robe around his waist. ...Did the human remember their first meeting? Judging from yesterday's reaction, Rene looked like he remembered. Even more, he was troubled. But such were humans - always curious.

Luis sighed heavily as ran hand against hair to pull it backwards. Good grief, the human seemed terrified and he hasn't yet seen anything. Shinohara was starting to wonder if Rene would even keep his sanity if he knew he was in a vampire estate.

The young vampire slowly headed to where Rene ran off. He didn't have much of room to use for his escape, so Shinohara took his time to get out the room. The male saw Rene entrapped in there, like a cornered cat. It indeed was locked.

Luis stared quietly at the human that was so busy with the idea to run away that didn't even notice the quiet steps of the vampire.

- Are you done with trying to run away? - said bluntly, Luis turned around and headed back for his room - Suit yourself. You can spend the night in the corridor or follow me in the room. ...I said that by our next meeting, I will ask another question, didn't I?

The young vampire had no intention to force anyone, even less to force his own being on another being. Both of them were from different species - Luis knew that. And even without being aware of it, Rene could sense who was the predator and who was the prey.

aJPaHk3.pngRene made it to the door but to his dismay, he was unable to open it. It really had been locked. He slid down to his knees as he breathed heavily. It was no use, the doors weren't like the typical doors now, they were meant to withstand a lot. 'You really are a fool Ren...' the voice mocked him.

'Shut up! Shut up!' he screamed at himself. He remained on his knees not caring about his suit, or anything else, just that he was trapped. He looked up quickly as he suddenly felt the man's presence near him. 'What!?' he thought as he looked up at the man who stood before him.

Are you done with trying to run away?

He sighed as he gave up, he remained in his position as though he waited for some unknown punishment.

Suit yourself. You can spend the night in the corridor or follow me in the room. ...I said that by our next meeting, I will ask another question, didn't I?

He blinked as he heard the statement, he looked up at Luis for a moment, a sigh escaping from him. 'That's right....' He thought as he suddenly felt all the fear disappear from him. His body relaxing at the same time. "You did say that...." he said softly as he got up off the ground.

He followed Luis down the corridor, for the man was right, the room was probably better than the creepy corridor. He blinked as he looked at the bottle that somehow remained in his arms. "Oh....." he said as he held the bottle out to Luis, "Obviously....it was a lie, but I brought this for you....as a present..." he said softly.

ZdmuGPV.png The vampire walked with relaxed shoulders, still feeling a bit giddy from the lack of energy but managed it to the room. Luis had not much contact with outsiders, and he wasn't used to being talkative nor really tried to keep a conversation whenever he spent the night with his sex partners. In fact, whoever spent the night with him was simply glad enough that they had time with Luis, the royal vampire.

Oh.....

The human suddenly broke the silence. Luis stopped and looked over shoulder,

Obviously....it was a lie, but I brought this for you....as a present...

A present? ...Ah..

Shinohara turned slowly around, not making any drastic movements so he wouldn't startle the human. The goth and grotesque room would be enough of an eerie place for him, so Luis tried to keep his cool.

- It wasn't a complete lie. - he reached hand to the bottle, the robe sleeve gently slipping to side to reveal his tattoo - I do have a birthday, I just no longer celebrate it.

Not used to express himself well, he felt awkward to thank to a human. So he just nodded chin lightly and took the bottle. The room though was cold, and Luis knew that Rene wouldn't stand that coldness for the rest of the night. It never bothered Shinohara whenever in the chamber because his body temperature was usually low.

The male walked to one of the walls in the room where a seemingly decorative, yet not, fireplace prettied up the design of the place. He set the bottle on top of it as crouched down. He liked the fireplace but rarely had a reason to use it. Besides the place was for hibernation so he didn't really go there to watch the fireplace.

Busy with setting the fire, he spoke with back turned at Rene,

- Back then... - he paused, hand skillfully connecting the firewoood to get it ready - ..You said you'd save both of the lives. It was an admirable answer.

Of course Luis wasn't about to praise and worship the human just because of that answer. But he had to admit that it was the reason why he got so intrigued.

- But now I'll change the question. - his pupils stared at the flame that he lit, letting the fire adjust - If you have a human child and a wild beast, which life would you save?

Probably to a human such a question made no sense. After all, once the species differed human prioritized their own kind. And Shinohara, himself, knew the bitter answer to that.

A quick flash ran before his eyes from years ago. From a time when he was still new to all the leader thing. In fact it was his first meeting with the Vatican, whereas he saw how "human" they were. So human that they abandoned a vampire child in a wild fire yet saved the human children.

ORPHANAGE "SAN LUIS LAVERA"

- Listen up! We are evacuating the children, make sure the group of vampires that started the fire are captured! - with a loud and clear voice Angelo gave the order to his men and to the vampire squad which Shinohara led.

The place was old enough to give in quickly to the monstrous flames. The teams entered the building bravely each one of them prioritizing the children first while part of Shinohara's squad chased after the vampires. Luis himself was helping with the evacuating of the human children, after all he was quick and strong enough to save a large amount of them. However, the last floor where the flames had started from was most problematic. And no matter how much he wanted to hurry to there he had to obey orders.

- Shinohara! - Angelo voiced out the name, beckoning the vampire who just returned with a few children in arms. They were weakened due to the smoke, having no strength but to cling to the man, - We are to enter the fifth floor now. Don't bother with the last rooms, first comes to these that are not so affected.

The vampire never liked Angelo and even then he disliked the way the human acted. Of course they'd order him to not bother with the last rooms. After all the orphanage sheltered a few vampire children for the time being. And Luis could sense the agony of his 'brothers'.

- Am I clear? - Angelo questioned since no answer came from Luis, but the vampire walked back in quietly being followed by a few men and Angelo.

The last floor was a real horror. Flames threatened not only the humans but also Luis. Of course vampires weren't completely "immunized" to fire. Even they felt the pain whenever burnt and what was worse, fire wounds took longer than normal for them to regenerate.

On their third course into the flames on the last floor, Shinohara took the last two human children in hands his senses detecting the screams of a vampire in the far left wing. The male paused glancing over shoulder. He found it ridiculous. Why he had to save only humans?

- Mister Shinohara? - one of the Vatican man paused with Luis, shoulder by shoulder.

- Take the kids. - the vampire passed the two children in the man's arms, heading deeper into the flames, - I'll be back in a bit.

- Angelo said to abandon the last rooms, Shinohara! - the male reminded the vampire about the order but Shinohara was already dead set on what he was doing.

Each next step got him trapped in between the bites of the flames. His arm was severely bleeding already after sheltering a few kids from a falling pole. A few meters into the hell-like fire, he finally saw a vampire kid, slamming against a locked door.

- Lina! Lina!! - the kid was trying with small fists to break the massive door. The fire has already burnt a big part of his skin but he was still trying to save the other.

Luis paused after a big crash behind his back, the floor was about to fall apart which meant he didn't have much of time. The vampire looked back, the kid wasn't even aware of his surrounding. It was if he were in a complete trance - slam and bang.

- Hey, kid.. - Luis caught the little one by the wrist, seeing how badly his fists were bleeding from all the slamming. He felt a small crack in his chest; why human life was more important than anyone else's life?

- Sir! Sir! My sister! Please! - the kid screamed, not even finishing any of the sentences.

- How many children are in there? - Shinohara crouched down, tearing off the hem of his top tank to bandage the bleeding hands of the small one.

- We..I don't...we are not many.. Sir, my sister! - Luis calmly bandaged the wounds, isolating himself from the panic filling the air. Everything was in flames and smoke.

- LINA!!! -the kid was so disorientated that it kept shouting with cracked voice.

Shinohara reached his hand up forcing the kid's head down onto his bleeding shoulder.

- Drink.

The royal blood. Any vampire would submit, and certainly a kid would obey. The small one sank fangs as his head was forcefully kept down until he drank. Meanwhile Luis focused to see how many kids were still alive behind the door.

One..Two... out of ten...

- Okay. - Luis forced back the vampire child's head, as he drank enough to regenerate strength, - Up we go.

- No! LINA! SIR! - the kid already had strength to struggle in Luis' arms but the vampire held him up firmly.

- Listen to me. I will come back for your sister, you will have to make it beyond that fire alone to he second floor. Do not get outside yet, wait for me there.

Shinohara had to instruct the kid because he knew that in his maddened state the Vatican wouldn't take a liking to him. And without Luis around they might harm him.

Once the kid was in a safe zone, Shinohara put him down and reminded him about the second floor. Then on they both took on different ways, the kid headed downstairs as for Shinohara - he returned into the flames. After twenty minutes of checking the rooms whether he mistook the dead for dead, he finally gathered the children alive. Even though they were vampires, they were already unconscious which slowed him down. Even so, Luis made it to the second floor safely with two kids up on him - one on his back, the other in his arms.

The vampire finally was on the second floor, frowning deeply. His senses were starting to blur due to exhaustion but it wasn't enough for him to not sense one of his kind yet he couldn't.

- Hey, kid?! - the male shifted from side to side, but no answer came. The wisest he could do was to take out the two he saved and return for the boy. And so he did, but once outside he saw Angelo covered in blood. Two males ran to him to pick the kids off of him but the royal vampire was too busy at staring at what was before him. The boy he saved fell down after being stabbed by Angelo in the heart area.

- Shinohara!

The males rushed after Luis who jumped Angelo to beat the heck out of him.

- You asshole! Didn't I save your children?! - with a growl in throat, Luis kept landing punches but not with full force.

- I gave you order! - spat Angelo through bleeding lips - You are to abandon the last floor!

- Abandon?! Why would I? - he paused, holding Angelo by the shirt.

- Your kind will be hungry once saved, they will attack us!

Luis frowned deeper, he damn knew that was the reason why he fed the boy. And damned would be he if he believed that the boy attacked first. Rather he was so worried about that Lina that he'd go back into the flames than attack humans.

- Did that child attack you?

- It was a question of--

- ANSWER ME! Did that child you killed attacked you? - Luis rose his voice, glaring at Angelo.

- ... No. But-- - Shinohara cut his sentence off with a strong punch enough to break his nose.

That was it. The sad reality. And Luis knew it already, far beyond the needs and beliefs he tried to create himself. Coexistence? He lowered his head, letting off Angelo to retreat back from the man.

- Coexistence.. - the vampire's voice sounded so weak and so sad, - ...You and your men are nothing but a fucken circus, Angelo. - Shinohara rarely used a strong speech but right now he was overwhelmed by the reality, - You feed us like wild animals then train us for your fucking entertainment and needs. Give me a break..

The male left the place, as the last glance of his was the burning sign of the Orphanage - "San Luis Lavera"....

aJPaHk3.pngRene looked around the room as he followed Luis, it was indeed something out of a horror movie, but there was a beauty to it. He wasn't sure how to explain it, but despite the grotesque imagery it was beautiful. His fear seemed to completely vanish as he walked with the man in front of him.

It wasn't a complete lie. I do have a birthday, I just no longer celebrate it.*

He blinked as the man took the bottle, the statement made him a little sad somehow, but at the same time, a part of him knew there had to be a reason. He bowed his head a bit as he just let out a soft “Ah....I see.” He looked up and nodded back to the man as he took the bottle, his eyes blinked as he looked at the tattoo 'a snake?' he thought curiously as he bowed his head a bit in response to Luis' nod.

The air in the room was definitely cool, but it was only his hands that felt cold. He followed the man quietly to the fireplace and stood behind him as the man prepared a fire. He quietly looked around the room again, there was so much to be seen, the more he looked and the grotesque imagery, the more he somehow saw the beauty in it. It was strange, even a bit disturbing, but there was something beautiful about it.

Back then...

The words brought him back to look over at the man.

..You said you'd save both of the lives. It was an admirable answer. But now I'll change the question.

He tilted his head a bit curiously as he listened, “Eh?”

If you have a human child and a wild beast, which life would you save?

He blinked as he heard the question. 'What....?' he stared at the back of the man as he heard the question. It was indeed a strange question, but without thinking, he spoke what he truly felt the moment he heard the question. His feelings unchanging, to him, it really bothered him, to have to choose, it didn't matter what one was over the other, to choose one over the other, was like playing god, and he hated that.

“Why do I have to choose one over the other....? Life is important...no matter what....rich poor, human, beast, it doesn't matter....what right do I have to play God, with the lives of others.....?"

He paused and bowed his head as he got to his real question, "Doesn't a wild beast deserve to live just as much as a child does...?"

ZdmuGPV.png The fire light reflected in Luis' blue eyes, the color was deep and the gaze seemed as if far in a place and time that Rene didn't know.

Why do I have to choose one over the other....? Life is important...no matter what....rich poor, human, beast, it doesn't matter....what right do I have to play God, with the lives of others.....

God..

The vampire's eyelashes lowered down as his eyes stared at the floor. A simple word that humans rolled in mouth in situations of desperate needs. Shinohara had enough of time to observe the so said faith in God, in fact it wasn't God himself that scared their kind, it was the belief itself - the blind belief. The divine figure wasn't used to give birth to hope, it was used to manipulate the course of it. After all the first years after birth of a human, the word that came in desperate situations would be always 'Mom' or 'Dad', yet once the system broke in their life - rapidly that word would change to 'God'. And God would always be reminded, would always be worshiped and would always be a reason to justify whatever it was.

Doesn't a wild beast deserve to live just as much as a child does...?

Once Rene finished his thought, Luis quietly rose from the crouching position and a faint smile took place on his lips. A refusal to believe in words, he turned around with eyes as cold as ice.

- God, huh. - he started walking slowly towards Rene, - Why do you believe in God, human? Is it because God gave birth to you? Is it because God withstood all the pain with you? Or is it because God is the only reason why you call yourself a 'human'?

Once he was close enough to the other, his hand stretched out with no ill-intention yet his eyes spoke of cruelty,

- Your reason to let a wild beast alive, as alive as a human child...is because of God? - his lips stretched faintly as fingers captured a strand of Rene's long hair - That wild beast could eat you, the savior himself, you know.

The vampire felt agitated once again.

aJPaHk3.pngRene stared at the man in silence. There was something on his mind, he could sense it. He frowned a bit as he bowed his head, 'Why did I have to say that.....' he thought sadly. He didn't mean anything by it, other than it was the truth. Of course he would save a wild animal, a wild beast, a child. It didn't matter what the life was, he would save anything, and anyone who was in trouble.

He looked back up as he heard the man move, his eyes were hopeful that he hadn't angered him much. He blinked and took a small step back as he saw the icey stare. 'I did upset him....' he frowned as he stood where he was, refusing to allow himself to be scared.

Why do you believe in God, human? Is it because God gave birth to you? Is it because God withstood all the pain with you? Or is it because God is the only reason why you call yourself a 'human'?*

'Human....?' he thought as the man walked towards him. “Eh?” he looked up at him. The cruelty showing in his eyes made Rene's body tense up. 'I did anger him.....' he thought as he got a sad look, his eyes reflecting the sadness. "Who said I believe in God....?"

“....I believe people use god as an excuse......for their actions.....” His eyes shifted to the side as he spoke softly, “That doesn't make anyone human....actions do....not words....” he said as he looked up at him.

The hand that touched his hair made him shiver, was it fear? Anxiety? He wasn't sure. All he knew was, his questions had been answered, this man, was a predator, something wild, but he wanted nothing more than to learn more about this man.

That wild beast could eat you, the savior himself, you know.*

He nodded slowly as he heard the statement, “I know....but that wouldn't scare me....” He sighed softly as though he felt like he had lost something. He looked back up at the man, his violet eyes focused only on the man before him. “L....Luis....” he said softly.

ZdmuGPV.png Indeed, Rene made a point. Actions or behavior, call it even attitude, were things that defined not only a human but even a vampire. Of course, either could be as cruel as the other. Luis was far from the idea to prove Rene wrong. The most he'd probably do, was to scare the man. If he wanted screams and desperate tears, he'd have done it long ago.

Even so, the sweetness picked on his senses once again. His eyes relaxed onto Rene's delicate neck. His skin was pale but of course as normal as a pale skin could be. Shinohara did bet that his color was way paler right now, not to mention the icy hands of his.

L....Luis...

The soft call returned him to reality. What was he doing? For a moment there his other senses froze and the only thing he cared about was to sink fangs into that delicate flesh.

The he vampire retreated his hand, gently the strands of hair slipped off his fingers.

- My apologies. I got distracted. - Shinohara moved away, glancing to his bed, - It's getting late, so you can go rest on the bed.

It it was for the best. As long as he didn't pay attention to Rene, he could do it, he could pull that night. As soon the sun rose, he was sure Markus would unlock the chamber. So just a night, and if he pulled it safely - he'd make sure to never cross paths with that human again. Even if that meant to erase his memories.

aJPaHk3.pngRene's heart began to race, he kept his eyes on the man before him, there was something on his mind, he could tell, but he had no idea what, the sensation of him touching his hair made him shiver, tense up, but it didn't frighten him. He could feel his face start to warm up, he swallowed slowly as he hoped he wasn't actually blushing.

He watched Luis' eyes, his head tilting slightly as he curiously wondered what the man could have been thinking of. He blinked as the man let go of his hair, his whole body seemed to relax at that moment, a silent sigh escaping his lips as he watched the man.

My apologies. I got distracted. It's getting late, so you can go rest on the bed.*

He looked from Luis to the bed and back to Luis, “Ah....” his eyes seemed to show a bit of disappointment as he nodded a bit. “But, I can't take your bed....where will you sleep...?” he said softly.

Rene sighed as he took his jacket off and held it in his arms, “I'm sorry Luis....” He said spontaneously, “I'm sorry if I upset you....” he bowed his head politely as he remained where he stood.

ZdmuGPV.png Was it because Rene acted natural or because Luis was pretty tired, but somehow the sweetness was spreading too fast for the vampire to bear with it. Shinohara walked to the fireplace, calmly watching the flames. It somehow put him into ease.

But, I can't take your bed....where will you sleep...?

Of course he'd like to sleep, if he could just get rid of that hunger with sleep, it'd be perfect. The dark haired male glanced over shoulder,

- Ah, don't worry about it. I've been sleeping all day. - he put a light smile over lips, it wasn't a lie. He did sleep all day although he didn't feel it was enough.

Once the human felt apologetic and bad for everything until now, Luis averted his gaze back to the fireplace. It wasn't his fault, at all. He just had a bad luck. Ever since that night when he first met the vampire, it was nothing but a bad luck. And the longer he kept seeing Luis, the worse it'd become. So Shinohara knew, he had to put an end to it even if it meant to void the male off his memories.

- It's okay, Mister Verona. It's partly my fault, too. - for a first time he felt the urge to call his name. With an inward chuckle he thought, maybe it would be for the best if he never knew that name.

So said he took a seat next to the fireplace, staring at the flames. It really was calming, so far he managed it - he could manage it until dawn. For sure.

aJPaHk3.pngRene kept his eyes on Luis as the man sat down. He sighed as he draped the jacket of his suit down on a chair and slowly walked around. He looked around at the various artworks, and decorations around the room. It was nothing he had ever seen before, and even if some of it was a bit frightening it was intriguing to look at.

Ah, don't worry about it. I've been sleeping all day.

Rene looked back from a painting he looked at, “...I see...” he said softly as he returned his focus. He really wanted to ask Luis about all the times they had met, how it seemed he went from being intrigued by Rene to avoiding him with every chance meeting they had. He sighed a bit frustrated as he kept himself quiet, 'He wouldn't answer my questions even if I asked.' he thought as he moved slowly around the room.

It's okay, Mister Venora. It's partly my fault, too.

This time his cheeks did get a tinge of color to them, but he remained with his back to Luis until he calmed himself down. “I don't see how....” he said softly, the urge to finish his thought was strong but he didn't feel it was the time or place to get snarky.

He eventually moved to the large pool in the room. He blinked as he stared at it, it was beautiful, the rose petals, the way the light hit is, it was stunning. But something seemed off about it, he blinked and tilted his head as he leaned forward and crouched a bit, his hands resting on his knees as he tried to get a closer look at the water. 'It's red.....' he thought darkly, his eyes narrowing a bit as he continued to stare at it trying to figure out if his eyes were deceiving him.

ZdmuGPV.png The male seemed understandable and didn't create more troubles. That could put some ease on Shinohara's mind, after all the more he had to worry about his vampire side - the worse it'd become. So he just relaxed shoulders and leaned cheek against his knuckles.

Luis could tell that Rene was moving around, probably taking clothes off or observing the grand bed. It really was something luxurious, in fact, the whole estate was custom-made, although to a degree dark and eerie. However, Luis started to wonder why Rene was taking so long to just jump into the bed. With a glance over shoulder he saw the male right about to touch the bloody pool with tips of fingers. That startled Shinohara, without even thinking about his tone and how drastic he moved off his chair to raise up, he yelled.

- Don't!!!

aJPaHk3.pngRene stared at the water quietly, the rose petals seemed to be in the way as they floated around delicately. He crouched lower a bit as he reached a hand out to move the petals and touch the strange water.

Don't!!!

The sudden break in the silence caused Rene to jerk, he went to stand up but soon found himself falling backwards into the large pool. There was a splash and a strange sensation as he was now wet. Composing himself he turned himself around and swam up, grabbing hold of the side of the pool and gasped for air.

“AH!” He coughed as he kept his hold onto the side of the pool. But as he wiped the water from his eyes, it became clear to him, this was not the texture of water, but something else.

ZdmuGPV.png Even if he wanted to use speed to catch him, he couldn't really show any overly human abilities. The male just watched the human falling and rushed in that moment, while Rene was still absorbed from the fact that it was not water.

The vampire had all kind of thoughts but kept reassuring himself that he could just erase even that part of his memories. But for now, he had to hurry and take Rene out the pool.

Luis walked calmly to him, staring coldly with hand stretched out to the human. The beautiful tattoo once again revealed under the satin robe.

- That's why I told you, just go and sleep, human. - not even realizing it himself, the mixture of blood fragrance and Rene's sweet scent got his blue eyes into a very warm golden color. His pupils turned slit yet still gorgeous despite the unusual form.

aJPaHk3.pngRene stared at his shirt that was now dyed a shade of red, his hair also tinted with the color, '….N...no....' he thought as he began to panic a bit. His mind refused to believe what his eyes were seeing as he clung to the side of the pool.

He blinked as he looked up at the hand and the tattoo that reached out to him.

That's why I told you, just go and sleep, human.

'Human....that again....' he thought as he took the hand and paused. He blinked in shock as he looked up at Luis' eyes. “L....Luis....?” he said with a hint of concern, but his eyes were fixated on the strange beauty that stood before him.

• Saga locked this topic