A blind date with a vampire || 18+ (Psychological.)

Saga

aJPaHk3.pngThe silence seemed to go on forever, the feeling that his answer was stupid seemed to weigh on him, but for him, it was honest, it was the truth. It was something that his parents taught him about, this made the lids of his eyes lower a bit. There was a sudden feeling of guilt that seemed to wash over him, for he suddenly felt that all the complaining he did when he was child was stupid. The way he was raised it was honest, true, and he felt bad that he just now realized that his parents knew what they were doing. He blinked slowly and returned his focus on the man before him, 'Now is not the time to think about that....you can feel guilty about your past behavior later....' he thought as he watched curiously.

It seemed the man before him was thinking deeply, intensely, which made him feel a little hopeful. Was his honest answer what he also believed? Did that mean he wasn't just saying things to just make conversation. Something about this continued to cause his curiosity to outweigh the fear, that suddenly seemed to vanish.

Rene blinked as he saw the out-stretched hand. Without time to question his own actions he found himself stepping towards the dark haired man. He surprised himself even more by taking the gloved hand, his heart raced, but none of the voices in his head said anything, they simply remained silent.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KohakuShadow

• Saga

ZdmuGPV.pngThe inward argument, 'What the hell he was doing', didn't stop spinning in his head. If he could separate his mind from his body, he was pretty sure that both of them would end up in a fight.

Once he felt the hand against his, a slight jolt got his frozen heart jump. He was touching a human. A child of the Christ. If, by chance, he was told that he'd be doing that in advance, he'd end up cutting in two the one even daring to state such a wild 'fantasy'. But there he was, doing it.

A small and almost invisible curve formed from his frowning but he straightened his back and pulled out another faint smile. The vampire jerked abruptly the male and pulled him closer, his free hand skillfully hit a spot behind the human's neck. The closed distance allowed him to catch the other, not letting him slip down unconscious on the floor.

- My bad, beauty. But I am not good with handling your kind. - speaking calmly to the unconscious Rene, Luis gently set Rene's head against his chest.

- Can you hear me, Markus?

"Sir..? What happened..?"

- I'd like you to come to room 1893.

"..Sir?"

- Don't question my orders. Come and pick the human.

"...Sir, what do you intend to do with the human?"

The vampire glanced to side, eyeing the soft layers of white hair. The scent of the faint alcohol oozed from the male but his natural fragrance was quite nice. Truth to be told, he intended to hand him to his uncle just so he could act out an innocent act of hunting while doing his job. But these pure eyes got him stunned. And even more, the human's elegance wasn't just a farce he put, Rene was a well mannered man with morals. He liked that.

- I don't intend doing anything. I don't want to have a mortal remembering my face.

"...But it was you who---"

- Markus! I am running out of time. You have one minute to get him. Once you do, drive straight home.

" ...What? Won't we erase his memory and leave him somewhere?"

- Do as you wish once you reach home. But don't let anyone touch him.

"...I understand."

Now then...

Shinohara moved slightly, letting the man onto the sofa in a laying down position. The moment he separated his body from the other's, he sensed a sweet scent. It made him flinch, his pupils shifted to side in a slit form. What was that scent? So sweet and tempting, although Luis detested sweets...it was a different kind of 'sweet'. His throat felt dry that made him gulp.

What's this feeling...

The male stepped backwards, reaching hand to cover part of his face. He felt...hungry. But didn't he drink enough of blood banks? Probably the stressful situation had him messed. But that wasn't the time to think about food.

The male rushed out the room, heading up the corridor to prevent his uncle from finding out about his visit. But then...these words...

Life is valuable....regardless of rich or poor.....

Luis' busy steps stopped gradually. His jawline contracted. Who cares what a mortal says?! It doesn't matter after all. Be it a human or a vampire, it was a cold war. Everyone pretended to do their part of the deal when in fact, it was the perfect cover for a bloody bangarang.

- Shit.. - with a loud slam against the wall on his side, Luis hated to admit. The human was right. Life was a beautiful thing, and such immortal creatures that knew the loneliness could only stare from the far, far distance at mortals. How they enjoyed their life-span, how they acted heroic yet stupid despite being fragile. Truth was, Luis found everything about humans beautiful.

A shaky exhale escaped him. What he had to lose? Nothing.

His slit pupils glanced forth, the clear blue color of his eyes mixed and got overtaken with amber-ish color. He span on his heel and rushed back to the room. The moment he entered, he glanced over the beautiful man sleeping soundly on the sofa.

- You better remember me if we meet again, because I am going to ask another question.

Shinohara grabbed a bottle of alcohol and left the room with the lighter ready in his free hand.

Who said it's mission failed.

Around 200 meters away from the room where Rene was, Luis smashed the bottle on the floor and dropped the zippo lighter. It was a question of five more seconds for the anti-fire system to switch on.

aJPaHk3.pngHe looked up at the man curiously as he could sense there seemed to be something that weighed on the dark haired man's mind. He never thought for a second he would be holding a man's hand the way he was. It confused him even more that he had allowed himself to do it, and that it felt fine. It wasn't the same feeling he got when the woman would cling to his arm and drag him by the hand to various things she found fun.

He looked at the mans face, it was beautiful, his eyes were a gorgeous blue, his features where simply stunning. It caused his cheeks to warm up which made him blink 'W...what the....?' he thought as he shifted his gaze to the side, his thoughts began to swirl when all of a sudden he found himself against the muscular body of the man, his lips parted, “Ah!?” he started, but that was the only sound he managed to make before a feeling a slight pain and sudden darkness.

'W....what the hell....?' his mind thought as he went unconscious.

“See what happens when you don't act rationally?”

Rene stared at the shadow that stood in front of him. “Who says I was acting irrational.....” he said softly as he stared at the figure with a blank expression.

The shadow shrugged it's shoulders and put a hand up to it's mouth as it laughed. “Just look at the situation you are in! You're helpless right now, and no one you know, knows where you are. What are you going to do now?”

Rene rubbed his temple as his eyes narrowed, “I'm just trying to figure some things out....besides....there must be a reason for this....if he had wanted to do something....I wouldn't be having this conversation with the likes of you....” he snapped sharply.

The shadow held it's hands up in a mocking sign of defeat, “Hohoho, that's probably true, but who knows maybe you're going to be slaughtered, and you don't even know it.”

“I guess I'll just have to figure something out when I wake up now won't I?” Rene said as he crossed his arms and glared at the shadow. “Unless you're not going to help with that either....”

The shadow laughed and seemed to float over to him, “You know I wouldn't let anything happen to you, but it's fun to tease you.” the figure slid a hand across his cheek and stepped backwards. “Oh, guess it's time for this conversation to end. For now.”

There was a swaying movement, the sound of rolling and the rhythm of lights that could be sensed from the darkness. Rene shifted slightly as a moan passed his lips, the idea of opening his eyes seemed to be difficult, as did moving entirely. But his head managed to tilt to the side as the movement made it hard for him to keep his head where it was.

“Ugh....” he gasped as he managed to raise a heavy hand and rub his eyes. It took more effort, but he was soon able to opened his eyelids a little. Everything from his vision to his mind were still foggy, but one thing he was able to figure out quickly through the light and shadows was, he was in a moving car.

“.....Where the hell am I....?”

ZdmuGPV.pngThe fire quickly spread thanks to the alcohol, devouring everything on its way like a hungry animal. The dangerous flames gave the missing glitter in Luis' melted gold-ish colored eyes, his senses were sharpened as any vampire would have in knowledge that was surrounded by vampires and on his way was another pure-blooded.

However, thanks to the anti-fire system the complex started evacuating guests, so his uncle would be held outside the hotel. It didn't give him much of freedom to act but at least he wasn't detected yet. The doors on the floor he was on were already long opened with people running out.

More...I need more...

With the idea in mind to straighten the flames and give them more power he moved his gloved hand forth but then paused,

We are to harm no human in the process of capturing, you know the rules.

His secretary's words echoed as a warning reminder. Of course he could do whatever he wanted, but then the Vatican would rejoice with the fact that they could punish a Shinohara member and not anyone else but the heir.

The smoke was enough to blur the vision of a mortal, however a vampire wouldn't have such an obstacle. Once the humans ran and the floor seemed deserted, slow steps headed towards Luis.

- I would never have thought that a pure-blooded would be forced to bow before some lame rules. - a sarcastic voice spoke, closing in with the confidence that outnumbering Luis they probably had a chance to kill the leader of the enemy.

Shinohara's calm gaze stared forth, fully aware that he was surrounded by at least five vampires.

- I call that being 'a highly functional diplomat'. - Luis moved hand up, casually removing his gloves.

- Pardon, but I thought you turned to be the Vatican's dog. Say, is it even tasty? Having to drink that disgustingly cold blood from banks while acting like a human? - finally out of the smoke, the vampires closed around Luis with bared fangs.

- Oh, right! He was the one that has never sucked blood, wasn't he? - another vampire cracked a mocking statement.

The dark haired vampire's eyes eased in a dead stare, no emotion could be found in these beautiful eyes that in contrast with regular vampires which had red eyes, were a perfectly gold color.

- Fear him not, brothers! He is one and alone, we can feast on his royal blood tonight. - the voice encouraged the group and they jumped towards Luis ready to fight the vampire to death.

Meanwhile his secretary was observing the human that caught his master's attention. No matter how he looked at Rene, the only thing he could think of was the beauty that mesmerized Luis. After all, pure-blooded vampires had a thing for beauty. No matter what, if it were beautiful - they had to have it.

A heavy sigh escaped Markus and he glanced to the confused Rene.

- I sincerely apologize on my master's behalf, Sir. - Markus reached hand forth to set it on Rene's forehead, firmly gripping. He had no choice, even if Rene fought back, to erase the memory. Luis' father's order was to protect the heir. And somehow he had the feeling that the human could be a threat.

aJPaHk3.pngThe silence other than the sound of the car made him anxious. Despite the lack of strength to move or open his eyes completely his hearing kept him alert. There was the sense of another person, 'Is it him....?' he thought as he continued to try and regain his vision. He let out a groan as he concentrated on trying to figure out who was there and what his surroundings were.

I sincerely apologize on my master's behalf, Sir

The voice said as he closed his eyes tight, trying to relieve the burning he felt. As he tried to ask a question, he felt a hand touch his forehead, the touch, it was different, foreign, he wasn't sure, but all he knew is it wasn't Him. Despite his lack of strength, his reflexes remained decent enough, as he lazily and heavily swung his arm to push away the strangers hand.

“Who are you....” he snapped, the fog he was in slowly started to subside. But he knew he was still in no condition to fight anyone at full strength. Right now though, that wasn't his intent, he simply wanted the stranger to stop touching him, and answer his questions. “Where am I....” he asked sternly as he pushed himself to the corner of where he was.

ZdmuGPV.png That startled him. The human clearly refused to let his memories erased, but not the drastic movements surprised him. It was the fact that his powers didn't work. Of course Markus wasn't a pure-blooded, but a mortal couldn't have been a problem for him. Did that mean his master had to erase the memories? Or rather, did his master do something to prevent the deletion?!

Markus readjusted himself, pulling his suit slightly to fix it. That wasn't good. He planned to dispose of the human before his master could get affectionate. He didn't want the events from the past to repeat, when Luis developed his fear of humans - rather the inability to drink blood. What was troublesome though wasn't the fact he refused to drink blood, but like any other species there were essential things into the process of 'feeding'. So was with vampires, too. Blood plasma could never offer enough of power to his master. Markus didn't want to imagine if Luis started to refuse the blood supplies fully.

- Khm.. - he cleared his throat and glanced up to meet Rene's glance. - You are currently about to enter Shinohara's territories, more specifically, the man you met on that blind date's estate.

SHLICK...

A wet sound escaped under his bloody colored palm, the male retreated it to let the dead body slide against the dirtied wall. Luis' composed yet dead-like expression wasn't bothered even the slightest from the smashed skull he just let drop down the floor. The corridor was filled with smoke and stench of blood and burnt flesh. It was obvious that regular vampires couldn't win against a pure-blooded, at least not with such a miserable number of members.

Luis' white suit was already dirtied with bloody traces and splashes, but before he could even worry about the ruined costume, he moved forth with a push of foot he rolled a dead body to collect his gloves. Yet the moment he lifted them, they dripped blood.

- ..... 'Tsk.. - a drop followed and he changed his mind; the gloves couldn't be even washed from that disgusting stench.

A glance to left then to right, the spot was like a scene extracted from a horror movie. Shinohara reached for his pocket to take out his cell phone. With a few clicks he finally connected.

- It's... - he paused and frowned, recalling a stupid song he heard a few days ago where it began with "Hello, it's me", so the male just decided to skip the 'It's me'- moment, - Send the cleaning team.

"Did you capture them?"

- ... - Luis expression changed to a blank stare, - Why would I ask for a cleaning team, if I captured them.

"But you had to let one alive, how are we going to interrogate dead men?"

TAH-TAH-TAH-TAH-TAH...

The sound of a hung up phone followed.

Luis had no intention to justify himself for his doings. It was either here or there when they'd die. They had to be more or less grateful to his cruel kindness. At any rate, the male felt the hunger once again. Why he felt so hungry? It'd be good if he made it home sooner to get some additional blood banks.

aJPaHk3.pngThe figure that had been near him moved away, with a relaxed sigh Rene stared blankly forward, and rested his head against the window gently. Just as his mind started to get out of the fog, his mind seemed foggy again, but it was different, it seemed darker like it was trying to creep in without his knowledge. Still, he just figured it was because he had been unconscious . As he stared blankly he listened to the stranger adjust himself. He seemed nervous about something, but he didn't really care about that at the moment.

Rene's eyes shifted to the side slowly, he observed the man and lowered his eyelids slightly, There was definitely something that seemed to bother him, as he seemed to be thinking about something. He sighed again as he crossed his arms loosely across his body.

He turned his head slowly to look at the man as he spoke, “....Shino...hara....?” he said slowly as he allowed the name to sink in. There seemed something familiar about it, but with all of the names his friends threw around, when talking about random things he was probably mistaken. He blinked slowly as he met the man's gaze again. “Where is the man I met? What happened.....?” he questioned before softly asking the real question that seemed to nag at him "When can I go home....?"

X The secretary was bombarded with questions. Instead of worrying which one to answer first, a sudden idea hopped in his mind. What if he released the human and promised him a big reward in return for his silence? Besides, he didn't know what the Shinohara's clan being the oldest vampire clan. In fact, he looked clueless about vampires at all, so give him one month or so, he would have forgotten Luis naturally anyway. It was just a short meeting they had and nothing deeper than that.

Markus gathered himself and plastered a nice smile on lips,

- I was extremely rude, Sir. I apologize. Well, of course you can go home. I just have a small favor to ask of You. Regardless the price, I'd like to ask you to forget about this night. More specifically though, that you have ever met theat man tonight. How about it?

aJPaHk3.pngRene watched the man suspiciously, his crossed arms tightened around him a bit more as a shiver went through him. He thought about what he could do in a pinch, despite his state. 'No....just remain calm, if they wanted to kill you.....you'd be dead already....' he thought as he kept himself in the corner.

The smile that the stranger got while seemed non-threatening, still did not ease his suspicion. If anything it worried him more. He blinked as he kept a blank expression while his mind reeled with possible ideas to escape on his own. But as the man spoke a sense of relief caused him to relax a bit.

I was extremely rude, Sir. I apologize. Well, of course you can go home. I just have a small favor to ask of You. Regardless the price, I'd like to ask you to forget about this night. More specifically though, that you have ever met that man tonight. How about it?

The statement made him straightened up slowly and turn to stare at the man with a look of disbelief. “....all you want is for me to forget about this evening....? Fine...done, I'll forget....” he snapped with a frown as he stared at the stranger, his violet eyes narrowed into an expression of anger, “But I won't take your money. I don't need it.....more importantly, I don't want it.....” he said sternly.

He crossed his arms again and turned his body away from the stranger, and focused on the scenes that passed by outside the car. The idea of a bribe never sat well with him, the man he met was right, he was wealthy, he had plenty of money, but it was money he hardly touched since his parents had been killed. The fact that he even did this event was because of the feelings that still mocked his mind. If anything, this evening didn't help with answering his questions, it just made them more complicated.

ZdmuGPV.png Since the human cooperated, Markus relaxed more. It was one less trouble. Of course he couldn't fully believe the other but there was no logical reason to why would Rene remember Luis, or why he'd like to meet the vampire again.

It was already around midnight by the time Luis finally reached the estate but due to the fight and the lack of blood, he felt weightless. The vampire leaned on one of the outside benches and dumped himself there, tilting head up to stare at the perfectly white circle in the sky. It was the full Moon that calmed the golden color of his eyes that were amazingly beautiful in reflection to the silver rays. Yet again the color cooled to his regular blue one, his vision grew slightly blurry.

Ah.... I have no strength to move. I think I had to use less of the energy left on my way back..

The vampire couldn't rely on forest region in Rome but at least there were more or less deserted streets during that time of the night. The crowd usually visited luxurious hotels or restaurants, after all it was a touristic city. Shinohara's estate was a few kilometers away from there, so speaking of which...

Luis readjusted on the bench, suddenly recalling that his secretary had to be back by now.

I wonder then...where is the car?

aJPaHk3.pngRene sighed in relief as the fog seemed to finally clear. He looked around at the streets, it wasn't an area he was fully familiar with but that was easily taken care of. He slid his hand into the pocket of his coat and pulled out his cell phone. He pulled up the map and stared at it as he tried to figure out where he was. '….it's not that far to walk.....' he thought as he looked the small arrow move along the road.

He was a bit surprised as to where he was, where he lived, and the statement that the stranger had said. 'Shinohara Territory.....' he stared at the map as the words rolled around in his mind. What did it mean? What did he get himself into. He sighed and blinked slowly as he pushed aside those questions. 'You're just tired, it's probably nothing....'

He pressed the button and the map disappeared before sliding it into his pocket.

“Just stop the car and leave me off here....I can walk home....Please.....” he said softly as he crossed his arms across his body again. The sooner he was out of this car and home to sleep, the better. He was tired and wanted to sleep, but he wasn't going to allow himself to do that until he was away from this stranger.

ZdmuGPV.pngMarkus nodded and turned his attention to the driver,

- Stop here.

The car pulled off slowly and then stopped by the side road.

- Well then, Sir. I hope you are a man of your word. - the door locks unlocked and Rene was free to go.

Vampires were true to their words and actions unlike humans. But probably that was due to their pride of supreme beings. Sadly they all had to bow before the children of Christ, yet for millenniums they had to watch humans forget God. Even more, to kill their own God.

Markus lowered chin to bid farewell with a smile.

Hungry to his core, Luis relaxed shoulders against the bench. It was no use. He had to wait for someone to pick him. Not like he couldn't call someone but the action of reaching to his left pocket seemed too bothersome right now.

aJPaHk3.pngRene relaxed as he felt the car stop, he was even more relaxed when the doors unlocked. He gathered up his coat and quickly opened the door and slid out onto the sidewalk. The air was still cool which started to make him feel a lot better. The fog seemed to clear even faster, so his mind was as clear as the sky above.

Well then, Sir. I hope you are a man of your word

The words caused him to stop his one mission of heading down the street. He sighed as he turned around with a calm expression, though his violet eyes seemed to display a shadow of depression. “I am....I will forget......” he paused as he seemed to express the silent pain his eyes showed, “This night never happened......” he said softly.

With his arms holding the coat like source of comfort, he bowed politely, “....Thank you....” he said before turning on his heels and heading down the darkened street. He walked quickly trying to get as far from the car as he could. Once he felt he had put enough distance between himself and the stranger he slowed down his pace.

He looked around to make sure he wasn't being followed before stopping, and letting out a heavy sigh. He felt a little sick, exhausted, and depressed. 'Why......why am I feeling like this....' he thought as he pinched the bridge of his nose. 'Tch...it was one meeting....stop acting like a girl.....' he mind scolded. He took a deep breath and nodded to himself in agreement.

All he had to do was get home, and go to sleep. He continued down the street feeling more relaxed. That was true. It was one meeting, one meeting with someone he didn't even know. Someone he would never see again.

ZdmuGPV.pngUtter disbelief. ..After Markus let the human go and headed back to the estate, he found his master on one bench near the place. Whiter than the suit he wore which actually was any color but white right now. The disbelief however wasn't due to the fact that his master looked like a mad serial killer right after a 'wild bloody party'. It was the fifth bank he drank. Usually they didn't have much of blood banks in the car because his master rarely would drink outside, not to mention the usual dosage was around two or maximum three banks. But right now he finished the fifth one, each of them with the good 450ml. If he, by any chance, had attacked a human..well, they'd be partly unconscious by now with their life at risk.

- Sir, are you feeling better? - Markus broke the silence, for around ten minutes it was just a gulping down sound and the cicadas.

Once Luis finally grabbed a hold of the surrounding, his conscious clear enough to think about anything but blood, he glanced to the opened car's door then to Markus.

- Where is he?

- 'He', Sir, wanted to go home. I couldn't have possibly stopped him from doing so. We can't kidnap him, can we?

A long stare followed, but Luis couldn't deny the fact that if they dragged Rene by force it'd be no different from what the Crux was doing at blind dates.

Pity. He really liked that scent.

The moment he thought about his scent, a sudden jump in his rib cage followed.

- Ngh! - Luis lowered forth and squeezed the empty blood bank, - More..

- Sir? - his secretary frowned up; his master was acting weird, - Let's go inside the house. We have more supplies there.

aJPaHk3.pngHow can you forget that face.....that handsome strong face....?

Rene stopped and turned around quickly as he stared back into the darkness. “......h...heh.....” he let out as he looked around as though waiting for a shadow to come out. He shook his head and continued down the street.

That strong grip, the way you felt against his body....

He paused again but this time he didn't look behind him. He was afraid to. It was like that shadow in his dreams, it mocked him, teased him, offered no solution.

You liked it...

His hands formed into a fist as he clenched his teeth, “Shut up....shut up.....Shut up!!!” He snapped to the darkness. He heard nothing but the sound of traffic in the distance, and the soft breeze. Satisfied at the silence he headed home.

It seemed to take forever until he got back to his house. It was a lovely place he had bought after selling his parents home. It was everything a wealthy person would look for in a mansion, but perfect for a single person. It was all he needed without flaunting his wealth around.

It was a Tuscan style home, but nestled in a quiet neighborhood. It had two bed rooms, and a decent sized basement that housed a small wine cellar. But the thing that had really enchanted him was the decent size garden that was complete with a small fountain. It was the place he loved to sit in when he had to clear his mind and feel like he was someplace else.

He closed the door behind him and leaned heavily against it. Rene suddenly felt like passing out now that he had entered his home, but he was still in need of heading to his room down the hall. He hung his coat on the coat hanger near the front door and slid out his wallet and cell phone.

With heavy steps he made his way down the hall, the only sound that echoed was his footsteps on the hardwood floors as he finally entered his room. “What a night....” he sighed as he set his stuff on the dresser and untied the satin tie that held his hair in a ponytail. His white hair fell down to his waist as he took his suit jacket off. It fell to the floor as he walked over to the bed and collapsed onto it.

He stared blankly up at the window and watched as the light of the moon dimmed into the blackness of sleep.

ZdmuGPV.pngThe driver was given a beckon to leave, Markus could help his master inside the estate having him lean on his shoulder. It was always like that, which saddened the loyal secretary. He was someone who took care of Luis for these 'short' 400 years. When he first met the young master of Shinohara, he thought he was nothing but a shame - such a weak child was born into the most oldest clan. How would he even lead such a strong community? His father was already in his millennium back then, proud to finally have a child. It was hard to raise a child even before that ridiculous contract got in power. Powerful vampires had to lead always wars, be it with humans or be it with the same kind.

At first Markus thought Luis wouldn't even make it to the first half of a century. But that child always mesmerized him; despite the lack of real source of power, which any vampire needed, he still fought in his own way. He still had vampires bow before him and even more, he withstood all the critiques and mock-on's during the eras.

The secretary felt suddenly depressed. Luis looked exhausted, not to mention he noticed vampire bites on his body. Of course during fights regular vampires would try to bite, if the royal blood offered regeneration - who wouldn't bite?!

Markus became even gloomier. He could do nothing but watch, all this time. Be it the Vatican, be it the Crux, be it Vergil, be it other strong families - they knew nothing about Luis. He was just publicly known as 'the Vampire that never became a true one'. But what was a true vampire? During these 400 years with Luis, Markus finally started to question his own existence - was it the simple brutality and superiority to humans that made them be vampires? Was it the pride? No matter how hard he thought, he couldn't definite his own kind.

Shinohara's pupils averted to side, detecting his secretary's gloominess.

- You look worse than me, Markus. What is this gloomy face for?

- Ah... - the male got startled, pulled away from his world, - I apologize, Sir. I was just thinking about silly stuff.

Luis rose a brow, pulling away from Markus to straighten his back. He jabbed hands into the dirty pants' pockets,

- Silly stuff? I never knew you could think of anything silly.

That made Markus smile lightly.

- Sir...You asked tonight that question again...

Shinohara paused his steps on the stairs before the huge house and turned slightly torso towards the other. Markus seemed bothered for ages now, but tonight he seemed a bit off. Come to think of it, Luis himself felt a bit off. What a strange night.

- I was thinking... what, no, why.. why are you asking that question? I rarely hear it, but the last time you asked that..it was centuries ago..

The dark haired vampire's dead eyes stared long before his lips stretched in a faint smile.

- How about you? Do you want to answer it? Can you answer it, Markus?

The secretary looked up, startled. Luis rarely asked of opinions and answers.

- To choose between lives? I don't understand why you ask that question, Sir... Isn't it the same whichever life one chooses? Even if one is chosen, even if both, even if none..whatever is chosen, it'd be a choice. But how the outcome would change? It doesn't make one different from own nature; a simple answer to an 'IF' shows nothing... that's what I was thinking..

Shinohara's glance fell calmly onto Markus, then he chuckled as glanced up to the clear skies.

- Certainly, it won't change anything. We are what we are, but to definite one is the worse kind of insult, Markus. When you define someone - you limit them. But one thing would always change in regard of the answer.

Markus' chin lifted up, his master's words rang like a clear bell in his mind.

- What would always change, Sir?

- The life. - Luis' gaze fell back on Markus, these clear eyes feared not to state the answer to his own question - You change a life, or two. In regard what life you save and give right to continue, you change the course of the tomorrow. Be it the tomorrow of the saved one, be it the tomorrow of yours.

Shinohara turned around, heading for the house.

- But I never said who was the truly 'saved' in my question. You all assume it's the children. - a faint smile lingered on Luis' lips same like on Markus'.

Of course. Of course that was Shinohara Luis. A man who never failed to surprise him.

aJPaHk3.pngRene sat on the iron bench that was in his garden, his eyes closed as he listened to the birds, and let the mild breeze blow his free white hair. It was the late afternoon and he had stayed home, rather, he had called his boss to let him know he wasn't feeling well, just saying that he may have been coming down with a cold. He asked the man to send any and all work that had to be done through his work email which he was able to finish.

You've been doing a really good job. Things have been going really smoothly, so, why don't you take a week off.

It ended with him complaining that he didn't need to take vacation time, but then being reminded that he was maxed out on vacation time, so he had to. He begged his boss to send anything that could be done on his laptop, and after another argument over that, he agreed that if there was anything of importance he would send it to Rene.

He was the one who worked more than the others, mostly because unless they dragged him somewhere, or that woman forced him into going someplace she wanted he either spent his time at home working, or at work, working.

Your life is nothing but work.....But last night....that was actually fun.....

That thought caused Rene to slowly open his eyes, he let out a soft sigh as he stared around at the silent garden. It was true, that was the first time he had fun doing something completely random. He met a mysterious but alluring stranger, and other than the car with the other stranger he really enjoyed himself.

Shinohara.....

The name was the only thing he had, the name, his attractive face, and those eyes. He sighed as he stared up at the sky and softly said the name out loud “Shinohara....”

It had a really nice ring to it, it seemed to suit him. He sighed as he leaned back on the bench, 'It doesn't matter.....you promised the stranger.....' he thought darkly. That was true, he was a man of his word.

*You better remember me if we meet again, because I am going to ask another question.

His eyes widened as he heard the voice, he sat up and looked around the garden, 'Wh...what?' he thought as he recognized the voice. 'Shinohara.....' he thought again as he bowed his head in confusion. Don't forget, but he was told to forget. He promised the stranger, but the voice who said that statement he vaguely remembered was him. The strangers Master as he put it, he interlocked his fingers behind his neck and stretched a bit.

'I have to get out of here.....get my mind off of everything....' he thought as he stood up and let his arms go to his sides. He was dressed in black slacks and a white dress shirt, it was simple, but he still looked sharp. He went into his house and put his shoes on. After tying his hair back with the violet satin ribbon, he went to the dresser and slid both his cellphone and wallet into his pocket before heading to the front door.

'Yes get out, just do something on your own.' he thought as he grabbed his coat and locked the door as he left. He wasn't in the mood to spend time with his friends, or the wannabe fiance. He just needed time to be alone, and think. He put the coat on and headed down the street as the sun was setting behind him.

ZdmuGPV.pngA sudden and abrupt, rather harsh, tug got the long curtains spread apart. The big room Luis slept in was invaded by the setting sun. He's been sleeping all day and his secretary was getting irritated already.

- Sir! You have work to do! It's time to wake up!

The young vampire rolled to one side, covering his face with the blanket. Why Markus was such a man of the the darned clock. He had to have anything done in deadlines. It was really annoying. Luis ignored the male and slid eyes close. Somehow his body felt heavy. It was completely healed after the brutal fight last night but...something felt off.

- Sir!

- God. You are impossible. Leave me alone. - monotonously said, he sank into the pillow.

Markus stared long. Another weird thing. Usually Luis couldn't sleep well, unless he felt out of energy.

- Sir..could it be you are hungry?

Shinohara slid eyes back open and stared at the black wall before his sight. Come to think of it, once again, he felt sickly. But beyond that, it was due to hunger. Could it be the banks were old and couldn't give him energy?

- Bring me something fresh to drink.

For a second Markus thought his master meant a human.

- A human?

- No, idiot. What is that lame joke! Do you want to anger me!? - Luis sat up on his bed, his fine torso in full view.

- I am sorry, Sir. - Markus bowed apologetic and headed for the door, - I will bring fresh banks right away.

Once the secretary was out the room, his brows locked in a deep frown. His master, ever since last night, has drank over 10 liters of blood. Yet his complexion was no where near back to normal. He was extremely pale and barely even moving out of his bed. That has never happened.

A loud sigh escaped Markus once again. He reached hand up to rub his temple. Was he missing something? The heir was something essential for a clan, of course he had his reasons to worry. But vampires could never catch a cold. If it weren't a cold but a simple hunger...then he urged a partner. But even if the family presented him with male partners, due to the contract with the Vatican, he never took a liking to them - not even once. Even if they took him to the allowed zones for hunting, he never sucked human blood.

The secretary was going insane. What was he missing? It was right after that night. But he fought even a larger number of vampires before - give him one hour and he was back to normal. Yet now....

Markus body tensed up. His chin rose and his eyes widened.

No. It just can't be.

The male looked over shoulder, staring at the closed door.

- Could it be...?!

aJPaHk3.pngWalking out of the residential neighborhood he found himself in the business district, he wandered down the sidewalk as the streetlights began to turn on. He turned around and stared up at the sky that glowed a dark blue, highlighted by a deep orange, almost red clouds. It was beautiful, it had been a long time since he enjoyed the setting sun, and it made him realize he needed to enjoy it more.

Rene turned back around and strolled causally, he looked at the contents that were displayed in various windows and stopped when he found something that intrigued him. As usual after a long conversation with himself as to whether it was something he needed or just something that caught his eye, he moved on his way.

As the colors faded and the sky turned a deeper blue he found himself at a city park. He paused as he looked at the businesses behind him and decided to enter the park for awhile. 'There was a wine bar, a drink would be nice after a stroll in the park.' he thought as he entered through the iron gates of the park and followed the dimly lit path that rolled throughout. Wine bars were something his friends didn't care for, they much rather preferred the rowdy bars that were packed with girls they could hit on.

He slid his hands into his pockets as he continued to think. It was natural for them to do that, but it ended with them laughing as they would try to get Rene to hit on a woman at the bar. They thought if he talked to someone else he would find someone who was a lot more fun than the woman. With the rare times he did it ended with him getting bored, because the conversations were always the same.

He sat down on the bench he spotted under a lamp and stared around at the darkening park. There was something about the darkness, and the night sky that had a beauty he never noticed until last night.

'It really is beautiful....'

ZdmuGPV.pngThe vampire waited for at least three hours for Markus to bring the so said blood banks but the secretary was strangely late. It made him wonder what was he so busy with though. Luis kept rolling in bed, left to right - right to left, it was so boring but with the little strength he had nothing could be done.

A chill ran his spine. Shinohara's eyes shot open immediately. The dark haired male jumped off the bed as if holy water rained on him. He didn't even bother to put a shirt on, just as he was with sportive pants on, the vampire opened the huge window and hopped over the terrace. The land was quiet and graceful although the third floor.

I will murder him. I will. I damn promise I will.

With the anger in mind he rushed to run out the estate, but once he entered the forest surrounding it he felt a hand grab on his arm. The grip was strong and enough of powerful to swing him to side with a slam against a tree.

- Ngh!! - the male's blue eyes switched to amber-ish color as his pupils turned slit. But the same pair of eyes stared back at him. And even more, the two males looked sickly beautiful under the silver rays of the Moon.

- Where are you going, Luis? - the velvet voice of the other questioned with a mock, cornering the weakened vampire against the tree.

A cold sweat broke on Luis' face, and vampires rarely sweated.

- For a walk? - his lips curved in a nervous smile.

- A walk? I thought you had work to do. - the other remarked with a calm smile on.

The young vampire had nothing to say. Whatever he'd say, it was pointless in the presence of that person. The idea that he had a little strength passed his mind, he rested for a whole day so supposedly he could have enough to at least run?

Luis' pupils shifted to side but the moment his first muscle flinched, he was slammed back against the tree with a hold against his neck. That made him choke big time, not to mention his bare back was already bleeding from the rough surface of the tree.

- I'd never think you'd run away from me. It saddens me, Luis.

- ... - Luis' hand moved up to grab at the male's grip, he was barely breathing, damn it.

- So...its' true. You can't even put a nice fight against me. - a short pause, both of them stared at each other, - Where is he?

Who...? What is he talking about?!?

The male closed in, tightening his grip around Luis' neck.

- ..Let me..go..

- So you can run off? I ask again, Luis, where is that human?

- ..Human?..Who-- - before he could even ask, the only possible human who surfaced his memories was Rene. But how on earth the other knew about it?

Ah. ...Markus. ...Damn it.

- Do you know what you are experiencing, Luis? - the male seemed somehow happy.

And damned would be Shinohara, if he couldn't at least land a punch on that perfectly beautiful face before his. The dark haired vampire swung hand, elbow darting at the forearm of the other as he broke the grip hold. With a side kick he raised leg to land a hit against the other's ribs. But in his current state he expected that wouldn't work. The leg was captured quickly. Even so though Luis expected it so, his hand darted forth for the male's face in a quick motion.

The clouds finally cleared around the Moon, gently rays once again caressed both of them. The snake tattoo around Luis' forearm followed down to his wrist and clenched fist which unfortunately was cupped in the male's palm. The punch didn't make it.

- You are losing form. - an obvious statement before the other released Shinohara's hand and leg.

Even if Luis wanted to run he was out of energy, so the male slumped down to sit on the ground. His golden eyes slid close - of course he could never beat him.

- What are you doing here?

- Can't I worry about my own son? - the elder vampire jabbed his hand in his pants' pocket and stared at Luis, - Markus called me.

- Figures. - spat he with anger.

- Don't be angry. He'd better have done so, else you are in a big trouble.

- Trouble? ... Why are you talking nonsense, Father?

- Nonsense? - the elder furrowed brows but then again moved hands up, using his slightly long nail to cut against the flesh of his wrist. The royal blood started dripping on the ground. It was hard for Luis who was hungry. The male's natural instinct once again fought his conscious.

Luis reached own hand up to cover his mouth and nose. It was hard to bear, that hunger.

- See? It's not nonsense after all. You are hungry, Luis. And that's not any of the hunger you know. I decided to leave you for the last centuries to as you wish because that royal blood of yours was enough of powerful to keep you alive. But not anymore. You awoke Luis, and someone you have met is the one and only person who can provide you with power.

Shinohara looked up to stare long at his father. Someone he met? That human? Ridiculous! He indeed had a nice scent but it was just the perfume with the faint scent of alcohol, nothing else!

- Bull. I haven't met anyone like that. Moreover, would you stop looking for a partner to chain me to? I told you, I won't suck blood. - the young vampire rose from the ground, barely controlling himself. The royal blood even for royal vampires was something like elixir.

The male turned around, heading back for the house. It was laughable. Was his father going nuts? Of all the darned creatures on earth, a human - his partner? ...Right.

- It was a sweet scent, wasn't it. - a calm statement got Luis pause.

Come to think of it, the human's fragrance in one single moment was awfully sweet. Sweet enough to make him gulp.

- What if it were sweet?

The old Shinohara grinned, while wiping the bloody wrist of his.

- Do you know why I chose your mother, Luis?

The young vampire rolled eyes. He didn't want to listen to the love life of his parents. So he resumed his steps.

- It was that very same sweet scent. - the sentence made Shinohara pause.

- A scent you cannot forget and a scent that would always make your throat dry. And no matter how much you resist, you'd always look for that scent. But once you taste it, Luis, you will always seek that person in the crowd. No matter when or where, you'd always follow them. We, vampires, are creatures of love and lust, Luis. Or you tell me that you forgot the meaning behind that very same symbol on your arm? Do remember that Shinohara's were first to fall in love with a human.

- ...You never change, Father. You and your ridiculous ideas. I would never believe in just a myth. - so said the young vampire resumed his walking.

As if I'd love a human.

aJPaHk3.pngRene remained on the bench for awhile, his body leaned back against the bench and his head tilted back as he stared up at the sky. He watched as the clouds that lingered, slowly disappeared, it revealed the silver moon that looked beautiful and big in the sky. He closed his eyes a bit as he allowed the light to wash over him like a blanket. He let out a soft sigh and allowed his body to relax on the bench.

'This is really nice....' he thought as the cooling breeze softly caressed his white hair. He rarely had the opportunity to just relax like this, and he realized, maybe this wasn't so bad, perhaps his boss had a point. He let out a laugh as that thought crossed his mind. Nothing like admitting that to his boss, it would really make his day.

'Nah, I won't let him know.....' he thought with an amused grin. He didn't like to admit it when his boss was right when it came to aspects of his personal life. It just gave him more fuel to act like a father to him. Not that he hated it, but he felt he was too old for that kind of stuff.

After the amusing thoughts subsided he slowly opened his eyes, his violet eyes and stared up at the moon. The light causing his eyes to glow like amethyst as he focused on the ball in the sky, until he could make out the shadows and craters on the surface. There was something intriguing about it, and it became clear as to why people had such a fascination with it.

It was always there, but it was mysterious, and beautiful. 'Just like him.....' the thought caused his eyes to widen, and his body to sit up straight. He blinked a few times as he rubbed both temples. Why was he thinking about him now, a man he met once and knew nothing about except a short conversation and a name.

He sighed as he lowered his hands and allowed them to rest on his knees. 'I haven't had a reaction like that to anyone....what is this...' he thought as he sighed again. The thoughts that had begun to creep into his mind confused him, and scared him a little. But despite that, Rene knew deep down, he wanted to know more.

ZdmuGPV.png One month later..

​Shinohara was in the elevator, hands jabbed in pockets. The male was as always dressed neatly but right now his appearance was slightly different. His hair was tidily waxed backwards and he wore glasses just for the smart look. He had to bear the long one minute in there with humans, but no one could tell how impatient he was to get off the elevator.

It was a busy Monday and despite the fact that during the night he led a separate life, like any other clan member, during the day they all had a normal job. Of course old families were an essential part of the industry, their fortunes and wealth were an important sector from the world's budget. As such, many families had branches in different countries. As for Shinohara's, they held the European branches for the last eighty years.

Today he had to visit one of their recent partners that took an interest in promoting their name in the financial department. Shinohara's were with over 60% stake in the West European countries when it comes to financial aid and improvement of new projects.

With each next floor the elevator emptied. It was only short after the fifth floor when Luis realized he was finally alone. For the last month his focus was in a horrible condition - he couldn't sleep as it was part of restoring his energy, he couldn't use his senses fully and the worst of worst, he hasn't managed to capture a single member of the Crux ever since that night. If that continued, he'd be no better than a regular vampire.

DING..

The elevator finally hit the right floor and Shinohara stepped out. It was not the time to think about his problems, right now Luis had a meeting to attend in Avora Ltd.

aJPaHk3.pngIn the month since that fateful night, and the vacation he was forced to take, Rene felt like his mind had become clearer. During his time off, his wannabe fiance, Maria had dragged him out to a cafe, it was always the same conversation, except this time, it ended with him telling her he didn't want to go out with her. He didn't remember much other than she cried, yelled, cursed him, and caused a scene by throwing her drink on him.

He just sat there as he allowed her to vent her rage and left. He didn't feel that she was entirely right, but he also felt there was some truth to what she said about him. He didn't even have the desire to confront her with all the unpleasant behavior she did. He admitted that what she said about him was true, but he also knew she was no innocent victim in this either. She was just as guilty as he was, but now that this cycle was over, he felt free.

Rene had his chin resting against his hand as he stared out the window of his office, his free hand twirling a pen mindlessly. He was dressed in his usual dark suit, his hair tied back in the satin violet ribbon, his tie matching the ribbon. He wore some wire framed glasses as he was working on a report.

“Rene?”

He looked over as he heard a voice, it was the director who knocked on his office door. He straightened his posture and set the pen down. He quickly scanned the report and hit print as he turned towards the door. “Yes Director Costa please come in.” he said as he pulled the report out and made sure the sheets were straight.

The Director came in and smiled, “I have a meeting soon, is that report ready?”

Rene gave a smile back as he handed him the completed report. “Yes sir. All Finance reports and everything you asked for are in there.” he said softly.

The Director flipped through the report and gave a satisfied nod. “Well done Rene, well done. Thank you very much.” He tucked the report under his arm and nodded his head, “Is it lunch time for you yet?”

Rene blinked and folded his hands in his lap, “Ah, soon, I just have a few more things I want to finish before I do. You got a call for scheduling another meeting, I just need to look at your schedule before I verify it.” he said.

The man laughed and shook his head, “You're so diligent, alright then, I guess I should get going.” he looked at his watch and headed for the door. Rene turned to focus his attention on the screen in front of him but heard the Director speak again, “Just make sure you take care of yourself.” he said in a kind voice and left, closing the door behind him.

ZdmuGPV.png The man was guided to the meeting room, though not like he couldn't find it himself. The place was filled with stench, from each side he could hear that annoyingly rhythmic beat - "Dump-Ba-dump-Thump-Dump-Ba-dump". Humans, as a matter of fact, were indeed 'lively' creatures unlike vampires. The two species had distinguish differences, and even a blind man would tell who what was.

Luis finally reached the long hall leading to the room, on his way he met Director Costa. A slightly round man, with very kind features. Shinohara always thought of him like a man who'd even help a stray cat, so comforting and kind looked he.

- Ah! Mister Shinohara! I was just getting ready to come and welcome you before the meeting. Today's been rather hectic. - chuckled the man.

Luis forced a smile on his rather pale face, his calm gaze put into a trance anyone who crossed glances with him. As many of the employees ogled him on his way up the building.

- It's pleasure to meet you, Director Costa. - politely he reached his hand forth for a handshake.

- The pleasure is mine! - Costa nervously grabbed the hand to return the formality, - So, let's go and start the meeting.

Shinohara nodded and followed.

aJPaHk3.pngRene sighed as he stared at the Directors schedule, the appointment the woman on the phone wanted wouldn't be available, and she sounded like the type who didn't like to compromise. Lifting his glasses so he could pinch the bridge of his nose he sighed as he he realized he would have to call her with alternatives.

The conversation was a back and forth, no, that wouldn't work, how about this day? No that won't work , how about this time that day. After what seemed like a long tiring conversation they came with a date and time that worked. Hanging up the phone he leaned back in his chair and sighed. 'Ugh....what a pain.....' he thought with a tired expression. Not everyone was like that, but the few who were seemed to drain him.

He sighed as he looked at his watch, then up at the ceiling. 'Lunch.....I want lunch....' he thought as he stared up. He forced himself to sit up in his chair and looked over his own schedule. 'Damn.....I still have to do that....' he thought as he stared at an important item on his list. 'I'll just get that done....then go to lunch....' he thought as he removed his glasses and stood up.

Opening the door to his office he was greeted with the hum of people working. Everyone doing their various jobs, despite the atmosphere, he enjoyed it. There was something he liked about it, and it was the reason he picked this company.

He carried some reports in his arm as he made his way through the maze of desks and people, he had to drop these reports off to the IT department. Passing the meeting room his eye glanced through the window and noticed a familiar face. Pausing for a moment he turned his head and stared, 'What....?' The man who was talking to the director looked like him, but more business like. He blinked and turned quickly as he made a beeline for the elevator. 'No way.....it can't be.....' he thought as he tapped the button for the elevator quickly. 'It just can't be....I'm must be seeing things.....'

• Saga locked this topic