Winter リア充 Challenge 2015!

Saga

Theme #14: Christmas Sweets

2015-12-26-14-18-28-713_zpszc1rkryy.jpg

Honestly I don't have any sweets at home anymore! SweetManiac kids eat 'em all up! V_V

I could only save this poor Chocolate Lolly!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yoshiyuki

• paradiso

• Key

• AoiKagamine

Day 14 : Christmas sweet

Mmmmm ,a lot of yummy pics. Wonderful.

Here is my box of cookies (Koolooche Masghati). i can easily devour half of the box in one go.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

14 - Christmas Sweets

A tradition for us here is making candied almonds. They go straight to the hips, unfortunately, but they are so good!

14_Christmas_Sweets.jpg

Flower

The new theme was posted. Check the first post for more information about the task.

*The theme 'Christmas Sweets' is still ongoing. Due to different time zones, we allow the themes to be still going for people with US time zone (UTC-08:00)

Theme 15:

My favorite flower is the Cherry Blossom. Most people who like it actually give the Japanese meaning rather than the Chinese meaning. Since I'm in China right now, I have decided to give you the Chinese meaning which is as follows: "Cherry blossom meanings are somewhat different from what they could symbolize in Japan. A flower in China is linked with the female beauty, feminine sexuality and authority as well. China considers the cherry blossom to be a representation of feminine beauty and power. It is considered a symbol of the attractive looks of a woman and her power to command her male counterparts through her sexuality and beauty. It also acts as a symbol of love, commonly referred to as keeping a feminized emotion." (taken from the EnkaiVilliage website)

Here is my picture...which kind of totally sucks, I'm not very good at drawing.

14tnevq.jpg

Theme 15 - Flower

In Hanakotoba, Sakura means kind/gentle. It's also closely related to honourable samurai warriors. I always look forward to spring, even though their life span is short. They bloom magnificently but fall into the ground in a short while. (;_;)

image_11.jpeg

I wanted to draw a peony but I feel like I'll be disgracing it because of my poor drawing ability~~~ (´・_・`)

Theme 15: "Flower"

tumblr_o007nwftK91u91colo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o007nwftK91u91colo2_1280.jpg

Gerbera Daisies. Distinguished by their large, beautiful blooms and wide assortment of vibrant colors, gerbera daisies have become a favorite flower choice for expressing cheerful sentiments. The traditional flower meanings for the gerbera daisy, however, are beauty and innocence.

In Victorian times, young, heartbroken women who wished to be loved began a custom using the daisy. A young maiden would pluck a daisy's petals, one by one, and sing, "He loves me, he loves me not," as she pulled each petal, the last petal plucked would be the future of her relationship. This custom is still in use today.

This is also my birth month flower, and the fact that I saw a meadow of daisies during one of my travels just caught my heart. it's beautiful beyond words. ^^

Ps. I totally want to color this one, but I left my art supplies at home OTL

Theme#15 : Flower

I drew the Sunflower.. hmm.. I don't have that much interest or preference in terms of flowers, but I choose to draw Sunflower. This flower is something special since it has lot of meanings to it and I like it so far. One of it's great characteristic is, its symbolizes summer! which is my favorite season and it also gives off special meaning to how it always faces and moves by itself directly to where the ray of the sunlight is. Which seems like a really inspiring meaning to me. One of my best meaning to tell about the sunflower is ; this is a symbolic of spiritual faith. I like its story of some greek mythology of Clytie (a water nymph) who turns into a sunflower after grieving over the loss of her love (Apollo). The mythological symbolism here is that Clytie (in the form of the sunflower) is always facing the sun, looking for Apollo's chariot to return and she might be joined again with her love. I guess that's all.. OxO I am not that good in traditional drawing, pardon the messy art.. hehe >x

10307_137395179965849_1627853233928513677_n.jpg?oh=56f4c94690f94c60628267d0a3e7dd96&oe=56D60F61&__gda__=1459967625_46dd441f3e0e908a689d542b28b5ba0e

Theme 15

Not my fav but I know how to draw this so...

7uTEDri.jpg

Sunflowers symbolize adoration, loyalty and longevity. Much of the meaning of sunflowers stems from its namesake, the sun itself. These flowers are unique in that they have the ability to provide energy in the form of nourishment and vibrancy—attributes which mirror the sun and the energy provided by its heat and light.

Sunflowers are known for being “happy” flowers, making them the perfect gift to bring joy to someone’s (or your) day.

15th theme - Flower

Lavender

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

common meanings for Lavender flowers are Purity, Silence, Devotion, Caution, Serenity, Grace and Calmness :)

15th Theme - Flower

This is my favorite flower....

245n5nk.jpg

Flamingo Flower

hospitality ~ happiness ~ abundance

Originating in tropical Hawaii, this flower is the messenger of hospitality. With their distinctive open, heart-shape and bold, typically red flowers, these tropical blooms are named after the Greek word meaning “tall flower”. Also known as the Flamingo Flower, Boy Flower, Painted Tongue and Painter’s Palette, these exotic flowers are long lasting, compelling and irresistibly beautiful, like the hospitality they represent.