Monster hunt (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

Lev blushed himself once the hunter decided to hold him so tightly, the hug was more personal... closer than what he expected based on the previous time the man had brought them in a similar situation. The contact was broken before he would think much of it though and instead he followed him quietly and took a seat on the ground once he was invited to.

Everything the hunter told him made sense but Lev couldn't help but make objections inwardly. It didn't help if the creature was like a human, he often argued with other people, and the monster had already decided it disliked him by then. Also, everything he'd been taught up to then told him to be cautious in the presence of a beast and expect it to be hostile, it was reasonable that he was somewhat guarder and ready to hurt it in return.

-"I don't think I can do all these things you want me to..." He explained quietly but continued to watch and tried to understand even though none of this was easily acceptable to someone with his way of thinking.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Funny Otaku

He looked up to Lev. Taking his hand, within his own guiding it.

"I believe in you Lev." He smiled and whispered genuinely.

He guided the hand to pet Drac, the other had tensed alittle and Drac was a bit defensive.

"Like I said calm."

They pet Drac gentle together, Drac lend into them, giving them his little own purr sound to let them know he liked it.

This whole tim Atlas looked at Lev, wanting to see his reaction.

"See this isn't that bad."

Lev had to admit that the hunter had a great method for teaching, or at least one that worked for him. This was also, as far as he could sum up, the third time he'd made him change his mind about something. After a while of petting the monster he really had no problem being calm and was changing his mind about the creature, at least he no longer saw it as a murderous little demon.

-"Yeah..." Lev agreed in a soft, still hushed tone, a bit suspicious that he might mess up in the end despite everything.

He smiled.

"I told you...Its gonna be okay." He let go of the others hand.

"next step let the animal know you." He picked up Drac and layed on his back, putting him on his chest.

"This needs mutual trust."

The little enthusiasm Lev had didn't last long, h was back to his unenthusiastic mindset quickly.

-"Can't we just go one step at a time?" He suggested but shifted so he was practically lying down beside the other man. Though he'd just needed some convincing on the previous task now he was thinking realistically and coming to the conclusion it would take more time for any animal to trust him or for him to be fully comfortable with a creature around.

He turned to the other.

"We are taking it one step at a time. It's like my dad use to say 'as you are training an animal, you are also training yourself. It's like falling in love you have to go slow and then it feels like your falling." He smiled.

"So bare with me."

He stratled the other. "trust me. I'll be here the whole time."

He set Drac on the others chest as he stradled his hips so he was looking down on him.

Lev couldn't help but become alarmed for a moment, having the animal on his chest would had just made him mildly nervous but with a grown man moving on top of him it felt too much like being forcefully held down and attacked. He knew enough of the hunter to consciously tell himself the man wouldn't do anything bad for him. For a moment he just closed his eyes and sighed, preventing himself from reacting with anger as he naturally would have in the situation if he hadn't made himself slow down and think things over before acting.

-"For a moment I forgot you can be rough too." Lev commented in a smooth tone. He looked up at the other with an impressive amount of confidence now after he'd decided to stop resisting and last through whatever the man had planned for him. He wouldn't forget to wrestle him down later as vengeance for the position he'd put him in.

He looked at him. "Sorry I didn't mean to be ruff it was just so you could feel safe because I was watching Drac.....But since you brought it up you gave me and idea." He grinned evilly. Setting Drac besides them. He started to tickle the other.

"I guess you can;t really trust me." He laughed

Lev knew he had reason for concern as soon as he saw that grin on the hunters face. Now he was squirming underneath him and trying to push his hands away, barely stopping himself from laughing uncontrollably. It was difficult to notice but he was considerably irked at that point. Not even playing but using his true strength he tried to throw the man off of himself.

-"Stop it you jerk!" He commanded in a somewhat strict voice but it was unclear if it was a warning or a plea.

Atlas's smile and laugh turned into a frown. as he fell on his back with a loud thud. His head slammed back on the ground with his back.

"Ow," He mumbled as he sat up and rubbed his head. He felt really dizzy. The world was spinning from hitting his head. He held his head in one of his hands. Drac was next to him almost instantly and hissing at Lev, not hurting him just hissing showing him to get away from his friend.

"Sorry. I thought it would be funny and well fun." He mumbled. His head still pounding and spinning.

Of course, Lev was aware that he'd just messed up and done something he didn't mean to, he was regretting it already. Sometimes he was just too brash and unthinking, in the end he always felt horrible if things turned out bad because of it. His automatic response would had been to come closer to the other man, be some kind of support and at least make up in the slightest for what he'd done, but now the small animal was back to disliking him and wouldn't allow him to do any of that.

-"I know, I'm sorry." He explained grimly as he sat up also and observed the hunter with obvious worry. He was still very angry but not at the other any more.

Atlas snapped at Drac,

"Drac!" And the animal curled back nodding his head.

"Sorry about him. It's okay really. Alittle bruises on the back and head are nothing. Sorry that I did that though. It was uncalled for, for me to do that without your consent." Atlas got up brushing himself off.

"Drac come." He stated, and Drac Flew on to his shoulder.

"Lisen, Lev. I'm sorry, I'll be back in a few days. I have to go back and update everyone. If I don't come back though it means I didn't get the leave I need for the research." He stated walking away, to his jeep. Atlas really need to clear his head.

As the other left, Lev remained on the ground, not bothering to get up and after a few seconds not even following the hunter with his gaze. He became eerily composed and perfectly quiet but it was evident he wasn't alright. Inwardly he was so angry and upset... hurt, that he should had been either raging or frowning bitterly, but none of that was happening.

The situation was so familiar to him he couldn't bring himself to act on any of the emotions he felt. Instead he just stayed there, staring at the ground and trying to clear the guilt from his head first of all.

Atlas got in his Jeep and got on the road. He turned up the music so loud he couldn't even here his own thoughts. He felt tears slide down his cheeks. Hours passed and passed as he drove the long road The air brushing his face. Once he got back to base he went to his room and broke down once again his heart ached and ached. Well until the boss who was in charge of him nocked his door down.

"WHAT THE HELL YOU FUCKING PUSSY! CRYING OFF KILLING ONE OF THOSE DIGUSTING THINGS AGAIN!" Drac had run off to his little whole in the conner.

Atlas looked up at him.

"Sorry..sir...It was killed." He whimpered.

"THE ONLY REASON YOUR HERE IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOWHERE ELES TO GO ORPHANED PEICE OF SHIT WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF."

"Sorry sir."

"YOU SHOULD BE!"

"Yes, sir"

He grabbed Atlas, the man was chubby, had a round face that was red as a tomato, but was much taller and bigger then Atlas. He grabbed Atlas's hair bring his face up forcefully.

After a few minutes spent in silence Lev's mind had worked enough. He had though of all the results this could bring and decided it's best to simply respond to the familiar pain the same way he had in the past. He hadn't learned anything at all since the last time he was last like this. It was disappointing to realize but at least he was sure the usual method would bring him out of it all, even though slowly.

It was like he was back to that morning when he'd first come to the mountain, he stood up and headed straight for where his weapons were. His guns already loaded, everything was ready and he just needed to strap it all onto himself, take every last thing as though he was about to wage war again an army all alone. On the outside there was still no hint of what was going on in his head.

He marched into the forest and passed by every peaceful place he knew, feeling none of the calm and comfort they could have provided. Instead he continued deep into the woods where he didn't know the paths or the creatures lurking. The first breathing thing that appeared before his eyes became a target and he fought it, gave everything to bring it down and reduce it to bloody lifeless heap. He waited for something special to come forth and stop him but nothing did and so he continued.

"MAYBE IF I JUST FIRE YOU THEN YOU WOULD BE HOMLESS TOO. WITH NO FAMILY, NO NOTHING."

He slapped Atlas hard against the cheek.

"YOU'ER AN IDIOT!"

"Yes, sir."

Atlas was almost like a robot in these situations. He was always used and abused, ever since his parents died..He had no one to fight for him so his higher up and even thoghs his age. It was a secert in the Academy those who were brought here by the government by defult....Were like everyones punching bags.

By now Atlas's face was bruised and his boss had let him go and kicked him on the ground. All Atlas was doing was "sorry sir," "Yes, sir."

He had felt like he was just use to it by now.

"You were late, this was your punishment. Oh and you can have your little scientific break, but first let your peers deal with you.." He yelled at Atlas, and kicked him some more.

"Yes sir." He groaned, Getting up to the mess hall.

"Hey look it's the orphaned fag finally back."He heard a kid yell and Atlas ignored it because soon after he heard a loud smack.

"You shut up, you closeted asshole." The voice rang in Atlas's ears like a rain storm in a derowt. He turned and smiled at the short 5 foot girl with bright purple short hair that was walking towards him.

"Aw look at the but face that came back." She said in a funny, yet lovingly way. He name was James and was the only one who would stand up for him.

"I'm glad to see you." He smiled, down.

"Me too hun...Me too." She wrapped her arms around him.

The violence and struggle helped dissipate Lev's anger and he was thinking more and more clearly as he continued to fight. However, a long time passed before he could notice how inefficient and sloppy he had been. Even when he was in horrible condition he'd been an exceptional hunter but now he realized he had more wounds on himself than any of the things he'd faced that they. Some had been hurt enough not to present a threat any more and others ran but looking from his place on the ground where he tried to catch his breath, Lev could see no slain creature. It would had been concerning to find out his skill had decreased so dramatically but by then he was too emotionally numb to feel that. He also knew that his newly revealed disability to kill these animals didn't have much to do with his talent for killing.

He was covered in flood, both his own and collected from various beasts and his body trembled slightly while he breathed deep trying to provide enough oxygen to support his rapid heart beat. In the shadows he could sense creatures watching him with malicious intent, waiting for a good moment to strike him down or take what's left of him once something else ripped him to pieces. It was about time for him to start wandering through the forest looking for a way back home.

He hugged James.

"How has it been without me Darling." He said amused.

They walked to the line.

"OH ya was so much fun." She said sarcastically, Though after she looked at him seriously.

"Atlas I'm quitting I think you should join me, my dad's got an apartment. I also got hired for a 3d animation job." She stated and Atlas's Heart dropped.

"I can't you know that."

He was heart broken and done with this bull. He was on scientific break. And now his best friend was going...

"I'll call you later....I have to go do some experiments." He said grabbing an apple, she nodded.

He went to his room and packeted up everything. It seemed like he was never coming back but he knew he was gonna need to. He got in the Jeep and went back the way he came from. This time with everything he owned.

By the time Lev made it out of the forest he was exhausted and withe adrenaline washed out his body all of his new wounds hurt, some more Daly than others. He was aware most were just scratches but there were also some that would need a number of weeks to heal. It was fortunate though that he hadn't run into a sort of animal that would leave him with broken bones rather than cuts and scratches.

Upon entering the house he wasn't aware of the trail of blood he was leaving behind himself in the form of small drops and occasional red puddles that formed when he lingered in one place for longer. He went stating to the bathroom, removed his stained clothes with little care not to irritate his injuries with the fabric or by moving too swiftly at moments. Once everything was off of his body he stepped into the shower and let a cold streams of water remove all the filth he was covered in.

At that point his mind wasn't racing and he wasn't angry or feeling the need to do anything else this reckless to help himself. He had used up so much of his strength in the battles that now thinking about his problems was too tiering. Despite everything though, a steady, deep pain kept him from feeling actually peaceful.

Hours passed and he arrived. His stomach and chest throbbed from where they were kicked welts were formed there. And Cheek that was punched and slapped had a hand shaped purple bruise. He Got to the door with his big duffel, and Drac on his head. he knocked scared what would happen if he would just walk in. But he had a sad face on waiting.

When the hunter arrived Lev was already done with washing the blood off of himself but since he was only beginning to patch up his injuries it still trickled down from a few spots on his body. There was a lot he had to clean up properly and cover but fortunately he had enough supplies for fixing up injuries.

The knock on the front door was something he didn't expect and he had to think carefully whether he'd only imagined it. He paused what he was doing and with some wounds still bleeding and others already taken care of he walked through the house and opened the door. He had expected to find no one and just dismiss the whole thing to being too tired, this is why he didn't bother to put on any clothes other than the pants he already had on. Once he realized the other man had actually come back he could barely believe it and for a moment he halted, just watching him with a confused stare.

Altas looked at the shirtless man before him with all his wounds.

"Lev." His voice cracked.Looking at the broken man. "What happened your hurt." His voice cracked once again. He had he doffle bag over one of his shoulders and something just kicked into Atlas. He picked up the other in his arms, groaning in the pain in his stomach.

"I'll help..Don't walk it might hurt you more."

He closed the door behind him and carried the other to the bedroom setting him down.

"Im sorry you got hurt..if i hadn't have left...This happens ever time I'm not somewhere." He mummbled the last part.

Lev was startled to be lifted up so suddenly and a million explanations of how he's fine and didn't need this ran through his mind, however he remained silent and allowed the hunter to carry him. He wasn't aware the other was hurt too and being in contact with the man again after everything helped clear out the mess of negative emotions he had been struggling with. Of course he couldn't be fine and happy as if none of this had even affected him but at least now he could stop thinking things over and just relax.

-"I'm fine, this isn't anything serious..." Lev tried to convince the hunter once he was placed down on the bed. He didn't stay still for more than a second and straightened up into a sitting position right away.

"But you got hurt and If i wasn't an ass and left you , you wouldn't have gotten hurt." He looked at the other.

"Stay I'll help please."

He knew the other hadn't see his injures yet so he went to the bathroom to get the other bandades and disinfecting wipes and what ever less the other might need. Before he went out though he Put a face patch thing, on his bruise to cover it.

The way the hunter ran around him, trying to do everything instead of him was horrible for Lev. The man kept apologizing to him but he felt much more upset with himself and strongly believed it was all his own fault. By the time the other returned he was already up and took everything he'd brought with him, intending to take care of his remaining injuries on his own.

-"You didn't hurt me, a forest full of animals and my own stupid decisions did." He explained and slapped bandages on himself with little care if the treatment caused him pain or not.

-"...I'm sorry... I really didn't want to harm you, I swear." His words were spoken quietly, in a soft whisper that revealed the guilt he felt in its tone.