Monster hunt (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

Atlas listened, as his face lit up.

"That sounds so cool, When I was little I was friends with all the 'animals' near us in the woods SO my parents let me out adventuring when they did research. I swear to you for like the first 3 years of my life I thought I was an 'animal'." He smiled at the memories of running and hunting with the packs of animals. Atlas was born around the time a group of puppy/wolf looking animals that were very deadly. But one night while his parents were resaeching he crawled away from them, the mother of the puppy/wolf things found him and brought him to their cave and he play and slept with the other pups, while his parents were searching for him. Ever since that experience it was like Atlas grew up with brothers and sisters..He wondered how they were doing now.

"Lev what was your life like?"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Funny Otaku

Lev was a bit surprised to find out the other was with the monsters when he was so young. It made it much easier to understand his ability to tame the animals and his reluctance to kill them, but what still wasn't clear to him was why someone would let their child near dangerous beasts when even a normal dog could hurt him at that age.

-"Don't ask that like I'm dead." Lev protested, not very happy with the hunters choice of words. He wasn't sure what exactly the man wanted to know about his life, it wasn't very eventful or interesting either. Following the others example, he explained his own history with the animals.

-"When I was really young my father brought me along when he hunted down monsters. For a long time...years, I just watched but later he taught me... I already knew a lot before coming to the academy." He explained, realizing too late that the other man might look down on his view of the creatures and consider his killing them without being sent by the academy as barbaric.

He wasn't going to place judgement on the other.. but he didn't agree with the other opioun...

"Cool." Atlas yawned. He snuggled more in to the leg. tired.

"Your comfy."

Lev smirked at the hunters comment, finding it funny and amusing how the man was comparing him to a piece of furniture or a pillow now. It was obvious the other was closed to falling asleep but Lev himself felt tired and dangerously close to drifting off again.

-"Are aw gonna stay like this the entire night?" He asked in disbelief, already able to imagine how unpleasant it would be to wake up still leaned against the couch in the morning.

-"I have a bed you know..." He added as a suggestion but obviously a bit irritated.

Atlas groaned as he got up off the others 'comfy' lap.

"Alright." Atlas mumbled standing up. He was already half asleep. He leaned down and intertwined his fingers in the others hand.

"Come on.."

Lev clearly understood that the hunter wasn't too enthusiastic about having to move. He tried not to be sluggish and got up right away so they could both get to sleep sooner.

He led the man into another room and didn't bother to turn the lights on as they entered. He gently pulled the hunters hand in order to motion him towards the bed and then released his hold and untangled their finger. Before he lied down himself he removed most of what he was wearing and put on a thin layer of loose clothing instead.

Atlas went to the right side of the bed laying down.

"Goodnight...." Atlas yawned.

He missed the warmth of Lev's body.

He was kinda disappointed when he untangled their hands. He turn towards the other, closing his eyes. He curled in somewhat of a ball.

Th bed was nicer then the floor. It was soft and offered comfort compared to all the other things he laid on tonight.

Lev wrapped himself in a blanket and got comfortable turned towards the hunter.

-"Goodnight." He echoed back to him. After all the contact between the two of them he felt fairly comfortable watching the man while he slept. However, it did not take long for Lev himself to drift off.

Atlas drifted off, missing the warm embrace of the other. But he curling into the blanket.

Next day

Atlas woke before the other, the sun coming through the window in the room. It shown on the others face. He noticed how relaxed Lev looked asleep it was nice to see the other man like that.

Growing up in a busy area, Lev was used to sleeping through all kinds of loud and chaotic things, peaceful changes around him such as sunlight creeping into the room didn't mean anything. It was always far too quiet in this area for him to be startled by something or disrupted while he slept. With no dreams to bother him that morning either, a long while would certainly pass before he woke on his own thanks to the pattern he was accustomed to and followed every day.

Atlas didn't mind that the other was taking awhile to get up. He liked it, But after awhile of looking at the other got bored and headed to the kitchen to make them both breakfast. He hoped the other didnt mind.

He got there and started to look and finally found pancake mix and then started to make it.

Lev shifted on the bed and mumbled something almost in annoyance before blinking his eyes open lazily. It was another few minutes before he actually willed himself to get up. Considering that his mind was still foggy from sleep it wasn't so unusual that he didn't think of the hunter who should had been in the room also.

Despite how sluggish he was being that morning he made himself presentable rather quickly. In less than ten minutes he was out of his bedroom, dress in warm casual clothing and restraining himself from running his fingers through his hair that he'd just brushed to look somewhat less chaotic than usually.

He was yawning when he wandered into the kitchen and from how he halted upon seeing the other man it was apparent that he wasn't expecting him to be there. Everything clicked in his head in a mater of seconds though and the entire scene made sense to him.

-"Good morning..." He greeted and leaned on the door frame, his voice was unusually rough.

Atlas looked at the other. He actually looked nice compare to Atlas whose bed head was ridiculous and made worse by Drac. He had a pair of sweatpants in his car he had found and changed in to along with a zip up black sweatshirt that was open showing his bare muscular chest.

"Morning." His voice cheerful and smooth. "I hope it's okay but you were still asleep so I thought as a thanks for everything I can make you Breakfast and make all the meals as I stay here. And don't worry, I'm a fairly good cook." He smiled at the other. "SO for today is breakfast.

-"That works for me..." Lev answered with a faint smile, his voice already sounding more natural. He liked having someone else prepare his food since he himself never had enough time or interest to make anything good.

-"Thank you." He remembered to add.

He stretched subtly while crossing the kitchen and then sat down. Along the way he subconsciously scanned the other man and was irked to notice that he'd found more clothes after all. He had been worried the hunter would end up sick after the previous day and now it turns out he hadn't even checked to see if he had something dry to put on. However, Lev didn't want to argue or lecture the other.

-"Are you feeling alright today?" He asked instead.

"No need to thank me." He looked at the other. He finished up the first batch giving himself 4 and Lev 6. He figured since the other was taller he would need more.

"I feel Okay.. I know you dont want me to say sorry, so I'll just say thank you for helping me last night...Oh ya I found these in my car, but they were hidden and I didn't know they were there."

After he finished he poured syrup off over his plate and took his first bite.

Lev followed what the man was doing ever since entering the kitchen so he easily noticed it when the hunter divided their food unevenly.

-"Are you trying to tell me I'm too thin or do I look like someone who eats a lot to you?" He joked but as always did so in a serious voice. He didn't wait for a reply to start devouring everything offered to him though. It was a real mystery how he could make anything edible gone in seconds but managed not to look like he has no manners or make a mess of himself in the process.

He was glad to hear the events from the previous day didn't affect the other man's health, or rather he was thankful he didn't have to feel as guilty for what had happened.

"No..Your just taller and stuff so i figured you need more." He mummbled. And dug into his own. Though he didn't look as nice as Lev when he ate. Manners weren't really a thing in his family and he ate alone a lot at the academy.

"I forgot how good pancakes taste." He graon. as the sweet substance touched his tounge. He was on a diet at the base so he could build muscle but now he didn't care.

Lev was satisfied with the other's explanation since he was proud of his abnormal height, despite how hard some people tried to make him feel awkward about it when he was younger.

"Me too..." He answered shortly, realizing he hadn't tasted a pancake for a long time. For weeks he had been eating different sandwiches without even noticing it, obviously he wasn't very creative.

It wasn't common for him to have company this early in the morning, or at all for that matter. Not being alone made him feel unusual, though he certainly wasn't uncomfortable his attention kept slipping to the other man even when he tried to think of other things. After a while of this he didn't even try to stop himself and observed the hunter outright.

He noticed the other watching him.

"Oh sorry..Iam i to ill mannered? I haven't learned manners really." He smilled and ketp eating though.

Of course Lev had noticed the hunters lack of manners while he watched him so intensively but he hadn't layer much attention to it until the man pointed it out himself. It was only the of them there though, in a casual setting, so he didn't see why the other had the need too apologize to him again.

-"It's fine..." Lev answered his comrade absentmindedly and finally moved his gaze away from him.

-"Maybe we can go outside together today..." He suggested after a moment, trying to nicely ask the other man to go on another hunt with him. In truth, it was the only thing he could ask for without feeling awkward and he didn't want to spend the day apart from the other. He was still too curios and preoccupied with him, even if the hunter was away from him, he would still be overburdened and distracted by him.

"Oh sure, I can show you how to communicate with the animals. it will be fun. You have too be calm though, it's like they can sense how you feel you have to put your heart on your sleeve." He smiled picking up the others plate and Taking it to the sink to wash them. He hummed the tune of "I really like you by Carley Rea Jenson" and swayed his hips to it. He loved music.

Lev became uneasy as the hunter explained what he expected of him. He was already sure it wouldn't work and only hopped they would start off with something small that wouldn't try to kill him. He didn't mention any of these negative thought to the other man though and was sure he would be disappointed with him already.

He hadn't though of it up to then but the topic caused him to remember his original reasons for calling backup and he couldn't help but feel awfully guilty. The idea of actually confessing it to the other made him nervous and also, angry.

He glanced over at the man cautiously but then, seeing his wiggle around while humming a tune couldn’t help being amused and crack a smile.

-"You better not be trying to get me eaten by something... if anything happens to me my ghost will haunt you for the rest of your life." He joked but a dark note was noticeable in his voice, remaining from the mood his previous thoughts had put him in.

He finished the dishes stetting the dished on the counter. Turning to him.

"I would never." He smiled and joked with the other.

"Sooo I was thinking. You should start with the little guy on my head, because he surely won't hurt you." He smiled and Hugged the other, to show him he did care for him.

"I would never."

Lev didn't expect the other to wrap himself around him again but accepted it once the initial surprise passed. He felt like it was only a distraction from what the hunter had just said. Maybe he'd meant to make him feel safer with the choice of monster but it just made Lev more nervous.

-"Fine..." He mumbled, giving into the idea.

-"I'll trust you..." He added, subtly reminding the man it will be his fault if he dies of poisoning.

His face reddend at the other saying he trusted him..He squeezed the other.

"Thank you Thank you thank you." He yelled. Rubbing his face in the taller ones chest.

He let go and grabbed the others hand dragging him outside.. Atlas sat and patted a spot next to him. Becing the other. He took Drac off his head and sat him on the ground.

"So like I said they'er like humans in that way. They have their own emotions." Atlas laid on his stomach. Looking at Drac.

"Me and Drac already have a deep connection, But it's never to late to have a connection with one. They really are just like humans. Like I had said before I spent my young childhood being raised by both my parents and my what I call my wolf mama, but she wasn't really a wolf. She had 3 other kids, and we were all born the same year. They knew me better then I knew myself. Watch."

He stuck out his hand to Drac, "You have to show your not going to hurt them."