Monster hunt (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

Only having the other man hold onto him was enough to wake up Lev. He hadn't even intended to fall asleep beside the hunter, so he was fairly confused once he found himself in his hold. A minute passed slowly as he cleared his mind and tried to think back and figure out how he'd ended up in such a position. As soon as he recalled silently observing the other and drifting off in the meanwhile, his mind let go of all questions regarding what had happened and focused on the situation he was in. With the scarcely clothed man so close to him, Lev became flustered and hurried to move away his hands and get up, careful not to wake him up in the process. However, as he attempted to get free he only felt the other hold him more tightly and restrain him even further, unwilling to let go. It was obvious by then that Atlas was having a bad dream and as he seemed to struggle more and began to sob, Lev changed his mind about not interrupting the hunter while he rested.

He called his name in a calm whisper and shook him gently in order to force him out of the nightmare.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Funny Otaku

Atlas heard someone softly calling his name..Who is that? He wondered also feeling someone shake him. It was gentle and caring. He slowly opened his eyes coming face to Lev. Realising that he had his arms wrapped around the other, he let go, blushing and hurriedly scooting to the other side of the couch.

"Sorry...did I wake you...Sorry I held on to you." He told the other while wipe away his tears. He gave a sad smile to the other. Then he looked down seeing he was still only in his tight'ish boxers. He blush deepened.

"Thanks for waking me up."

As the hunter woke up, Lev greeted him with a calm expression, careful not to add to his panic. Obviously the other hadn't meant to end up wrapped around him either, judging by how quickly he recoiled from him, it was somewhat disappointing. Lev felt insulted, it seemed like proximity to him was unbearable for the other man. However, he didn't dwell on this and got up without acting out on the mild anger.

-"Don't apologize, it's fine..." He assured him as he got up and took a few steps away from the couch, brushing a hand through his hair, paranoid that it had become messy and tangled during his short nap.

-"Are you alright?" Whatever the hunter had been dreaming about had apparently upset him quite a bit and though Lev didn't intend to question him about it.

It was the first time Atlas saw somewhat disappointed expression. It made Atlas want to hug the other, but knowing the others personalities did not. As the other got up Atlas curled somewhat of a ball, realising Drac was still on his head. As the other said it was fine he turned to him shaking his head.

"No it's not, stop treating me as my weird tick and personality is okay." Tears slipped down his face but Atlas put his face in his knees trying to hide it. the other asked how he was.

"im fine." was all he mumbled through the tears.

The hunters behavior caused Lev to become frustrated, though he certainly didn't like seeing him upset like this he was becoming annoyed with him. The man seemed childish, replying with such stubborn remarks when Lev was just trying to assure him that everything was alright. He understood it was most probably all because of the dream the other had just woken from. However it couldn't be expected of him to know how to react to this without upsetting his comrade.

-"I said it's fine..." He repeated his previous statement but more sharply. "...and I'm going to treat you the way I feel is correct, even if it's different from what you want or expect. I get angry at you often enough, I don't feel like pretending to be upset on top of that." Lev paused for a moment, allowing his tone to become less cold and lose the hint of anger it carried.

-"Why are you crying?" He asked more gently but with a small sigh.

Atlas looked at the other....After he asked why he was crying. He put on a sad smile.

"It's gonna sound really childish...I just have really bad Ptsd, so I get horrifically realistic dreams of my memories...I relive my parents death a lot...I should be over it y now but it really hurts they were my only friends and family...And I did something my parents would have slapped me for....After they passed I got revenge...my parents were very against revenge..but I did...So I just relive how im a disappointment to them...." He tear streamed as he talked.

He had killed the thing that killed his parents to make himself feel better. But his parents did not agree with such things..

"Sorry If I have shared to much.

Lev tried to think of a way to reply to what the hunter had just told him but was drawing a blank. Perhaps it was a flaw of his to be clueless on how to cheer someone up and help them when they are feeing down, or maybe he was just too young and not mature enough to take on such a heavy topic. He'd never lost anyone, the worse that had ever happened to him was having a comrade badly hurt and that worked out in the end.

Somewhat uncertain of his actions but not letting it show, he made his way back beside the other man, only now he sat on the floor instead of trying to fit into the tight space left free on the couch.

-"I don't think that's childish at all..." Lev whispered and couldn't find much more to say. He considered telling the other how he's not a disappointment at all but was sure it wouldn't mean anything to the man coming from him.

Atlas moved next to the other on the ground because he felt uncomfortable looking down on him.

"Thanks. It's just I have now human that actually gives a shit about me. the only reason they kept me as a hunter was because I was the first to domesticate more then one 'animal'." He sighed. "it's hard not really having anyone to go home to or really any home at all."

HE couldn't bevelive that he was opening up he never opened up to anyone...He didn't know why but this asshole made him feel comfortable.

Feeling lonely and lost... homeless, was something that Lev could identify with. Though everyone in his life was still there, he could go to them and see them whenever if he wished, at a certain point it was like everyone had abandoned him. His parents were apparently disappointed that he didn't do better and wasn't special enough, his comrades decided he was more trouble than he was worth as a hunter.

-"At least you have that little fur ball..." He said, trying to be positive and center around the other man instead of feeling sorry for himself.

He found it a bit amusing that they both ended up the ground beside each other even though his only reason for sitting on the floor was to give the other more space. He wouldn't complain though, the way they were now was fine by him, though he was becoming concerned that Atlas would get cold again.

"Ya Drac has been through thick and thin with me." He had a genuine smile on his face when he said that.

"God I keep talking and talking...why don't you share some stuff...I mean if you'er comfortable." He asked so he could distract himself.

He Knew lev's parents weren't dead but he was confused why Lev a good looking guy, with an okay, well, not great personality was out here and not in some city getting chicks.

"Why aren't you liveing in the city and getting chicks I mean you look like thats what you should be doing."

Lev wasn't too eager to speak about himself but since the hunter had just done the same and shared some very personal things he was willing to do it. He did miss the city, as much as he liked how calm and relaxing it was here he couldn't help but feel bored from time to time. Occasionally he felt like going back to an apartment in some busy town like the one he'd grown up in.

For the first time in a long while, Lev felt somewhat unsure of himself an blushed. He hoped the dark would conceal the rosy tint on his cheeks and was already well trained at keeping his voice steady in these situations.

-"I do prefer to be in a more urban area... but that isn't my thing." He answered vaguely on purpose and hoped that would be the last mention of chicks in their conversation. Things had never really turned out the way he wanted when they were in question, what's more he seemed to have a special talent for making getting them furious without even trying.

Atlas looked the other trying to find what he meant by 'that ins't my thing.' He thought for a few minutes and then it clicked in his head. As it click his cheeks turned a dark rosey color.

"It's okay I swing the other way too." He said embarrassed hopping the other would get what he was saying.

"Though I has to say spending so much time in the mens dorms I figured out I like womens' personality a bit more. " He laughed. His best friends at the academy were girls...Because they would all talk about the hot guys together.Then he could see thing they couldn't so he would tell them if they were worth it or not. He smiled at the memory. When he did go to class it was nice because of those girls.

Lev didn't understand why, but he was somehow relieved to know he and the hunter had this in common. Mostly he though another man wouldn't understand him unless he though the same way and that's why he avoided bringing up these sorts of talks. He'd never mentioned it to any of his former comrades, though they were all just as prone to being jerks as he was, so it was obvious why.

-" You do seem like the kind of guy who would get along with them." The hunter seemed like a very warm and positive person, which was just the opposite of how Lev was mostly, and considering how the majority of women disliked him he came to the conclusion they must like the other man. For a moment his thoughts wandered off while he though over every time he'd made an enemy of a female comrade. He didn't care much for all of them or the bad impression he'd left, he only felt sorry that he'd made a sweet, shy girl cry on one occasion, he certainly hadn't meant to.

-" Maybe we should talk about something else..." He said in a gloomy whisper, suddenly feeling guilty and ashamed of himself even though he was remembering things from long ago.

as the other talked the tone in his voice went sad.

"Ya totally,we can switch topic. I know how akward this can get and if you don't like talking about it. It's cool..Ya..." He talked to calm himself down.

Atlas never got the 'coming out' so he didn't know how people would take it. He thought of Lev's family...did they accept him? He closed his eyes..What were the chance of this guy being gay like me. Atlas thought with a laugh. He really did wonder how the others family was like because...well to be quiet honest what parent would raise a kid this arrogant.

Lev blushed again, knowing that the other misunderstood the reason why he wanted to change the subject of their conversation. It wasn't very important though, he was happy they could talk a bout something else and wouldn't waste time tying to explain what it is he had remembered.

-"Are going to hunt something in the forest tomorrow?" He asked, still unsure of what exactly the other man was planing to do in the area. More importantly, he wanted to know if he'd allow him to come along and actually do something, unlike earlier that day. Lev was eager to prove that he's a good hunter also and that making him watch from a far isn't necessary.

"Probably just gonna observe them and track the patterns of the animals. Maybe confront a few."

He didn't really want to stir up anymore trouble with the animals. He sighed and laid down.

"Lev I know you wanted off the subject but were you beat up because of those you like in the academy too?"

Lev just nodded as the hunter informed him what he was going to do with the animals, it didn't seem very interesting. He was somewhat absent minded until the others next question which caught him so off guard that he could stop himself from shooting him a wide eyed stare.

-" What!? No." He spoke impulsively, not taking the time to think and format what he had to say into a careful reply. "What do you mean?" He understood what the other man had asked him but he needed him to explain where the question was coming from now that he'd brought up something like this.

Atlas rolled over to his side, his back faceing, Lev.

"Never mind, just wondering.. No reason to it." He mumbled. He was happy in way that Lev didn't take the abuse he did as he was learning and where he was based now. It wasn't as bad now but if he did get beat up, it was by the higher up so he couldn't say anything. Back at the Academy though, he wouldn't even be allowed back in his room sometimes, sleeping in the lab instead. Whenever he passed a few of the guy who seemed to hate him they yelled awful things to him. He sighed. "No reason."

Lev hadn't even realized how much the mention of this angered him and not receiving any clarification only made sure the feeling stayed there. He'd have to be completely dim to believe the other was asking for "no reason" and he was not tempted to actually pry it out of him but fortunately, he restrained himself from something like that. Forcing the hunter to talk about something that was obviously painful for him wasn't a good idea at all.

Watching the man now turned away from him, Lev huffed out of frustration and frowned. He was disappointed by the academy and hunters as much as when they had decided to exclude him from their ranks. Acting on a whim and with the attempt to calm himself down as much as to comfort the other, he placed a hand on his shoulder gently and tugged a bit, encouraging him to return to how they had been sitting before.

-"Come on... let's not think about bad things now while we're so far away from them." Lev suggested in a smooth but slightly grim tone, referring both to the people who were causing him trouble and those who were abusing the other.

Atlas turned to him still laying down.

"Hey I never told you what Atlas means...Me Parents named me after a Greek Demi-God, The name means one who holds the world on their shoulders." He laughed at the end. "I say it turned out to be pretty Ironic. He used this to de

tour their discussion. Atlas went towards the other.

"Oh and if there is ever a day outside at night that's decently warm I could show you all the constellation, when I was young, me and my parents made a game who can spot the most constellations so i kinda learned them all even the ones most people don't know."

Lev already knew a bit about Greek mythology so he had a good idea of what the hunter's name meant, however as the man explained it he only nodded in acknowledgement.

-"That will be nice." He answered honestly to the others proposition. He'd never bothered to find something in the night sky before, rather he just watched the stars and never paid attention to their arrangement.

Seeing how he couldn't quite convince the hunter to come back beside him, Lev slid down so he was nearly lying on the floor also. He was still amazed at both of them for being so ridiculous and not getting back up on the couch, in addition he wondered why he kept shifting and moving after the other man. The tendency seemed somewhat immature and reminded him of a child which wanted to be held constantly and made a fuss if it were put down.

-"Do you like your name?" He asked randomly, wondering if the hunter disliked that irony he had mentioned.

Atlas's heart kinda went fast for a moment as the other moved closer.

"I actually like my name I like when people try to look for a name that means something though it has much Irony, I enjoy knowing my parents put a lot of thought in it. How about you do you like your name?" He asked, honestly Atlas had never met someone named Lev, it was a simple name for such a complex person. He crawled over to the other and laid his head on the others legs.

"If your uncomfortable tell me, I just thought it was an easier way to talk like this." Atlas said a light blush across his cheeks as he looked up.

Though he became stiff for a moment as the other moved to his new position, Lev didn't mind it at all. "It's not uncomfortable." He explained shortly.

Lev couldn't state his opinion regarding his own name very easily, on one hand he liked the sound of it but was also annoyed by how short it was.

-" I like it I guess..." He said in the end dully without making a definitive decision regarding the matter.

-"What do you think of it?" Since he apparently wasn't good at evaluating his own traits, he preferred the other man do it. Though he was rather curious of what the hunter thought he was ready to start a new argument if the reply were too harsh.

Atlas was happy he got to stay on the others legs. He thought about the others name...Lev....Lev...He thought, in latin it meant Lion, but in Hebrew it meant United. It was a short and easy name to remember,

"I like it, The latin meaning is Lion, while the Hebrew meaning is United. I find it funny how lions are united together so both meanings tie together. Plus it's easy to remember."

Atlas thought of a question now.

"Well whats your favorite thing to do."

As he listened to the hunters reply and explanation behind it, Lev felt a ping of jealousy for his knowledge but was also amused by his way of thinking. He also found it interesting how they were now discussing casual topics. Thinking about it, he realized they had only been chatting getting to know each other ever since he let the two of them into the house. It really was pleasant to have someone his age around to talk to like this even though he was sure they would return to arguing and competing at who is more stubborn soon enough.

-"I don't know... I like to do a lot of things." He answered trying to single out one thing as a favorite. "I like to find new places, search out whatever place I'm at..." Here in the mountain that meant following loosely defined roads and even climbing rock a few times, in the city it just meant exploring every street and becoming familiar with all of the small hidden passages that were formed accidentally as buildings were added.