Monster hunt (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

-"Don't talk to me like I'm a defenseless child."

Atlas frowned as the other pushed his hand away. But he listened to the other. He didn't mean to talk down to the other...He just wanted to make sure he was okay....

"I'm sorry..." Atlas meant it..... "But I'm not trying to tick you off....I know I act odd and I'm not quiet right in the head...I'm not the best at communication either...I grew up in the forest and lab..I spent most my time at the academy in a lab...so I'm bad at talking to people...Im sorry...But to let you know I killed the snake..so you don't have to worry about it anymore......I also am sorry for asking this but.....do you mind if I stay here a little longer it seems as though there are many 'animals' in this forrest...and i haven't gotten to do much research in awhile..." Atlas was looking down at the ground.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Funny Otaku

Lev was silent for a long few minutes and his still icy gaze was fixed on the other man for the full duration of that time. It didn't seem like he was unsure of what to say but rather studying the hunter carefully. Even after everything, it made him uncomfortable to know he'd caused Atlas to feel sorry for something that apparently couldn't be helped. He was still upset with how he'd been treated but began to understand the other had been genuinely concern. Recalling his own behaviour, Lev admitted the other teen didn't deserve any of what he'd said and though of him either.

-"Don't apologize for everything you want to say..." It would take a while for him to stop being grumpy but he was rather calm and collected now. "...Stay if you want." He wasn't sure what to think of the other's sudden request. Though having the other man around was obviously bad for his temper, he was sick of being alone on that mountain and glad for the company.

-"Are you hurt?" He now remembered to ask. The hunt hadn't been straightforward so it was expected of the man to have at least a few scratches and bumps.

-"You're completely wet..." He pointed out with a light sigh, noticing hoe that might be a bigger issue.

Atlas looked up as the other spoke. He was calm and cool. Was all Atlas thought.At the sudden 'Stay if you want' Atlas perked up, if he was a dog you would see his tail waging. He smiled, the wind blew a little making him shiver.

He looked at the other after he asked if he was hurt.

"Nah not really, I mean a few scratches but Im fine." He smiled. He was getting pretty cold now as the other pointed out that he was wet.

"Ya....Im fine though." He smiled. "So can I borrow some dry clothes..." He asked kinda scared at the others response..."Sorry....for causing you trouble..Im the older one I should be more responsible."

Lev couldn't help but glare at the man after he apologized again even though he'd just told him to stop.

-"Don't let that one year of age get to your head." He lectured with a note of irritation in his voice. Though he was already back to work angering him, it was good to know the hunter didn't get hurt somehow. Seeing him smiling felt like a kind of confirmation that he was past their "argument" too.

-"I was planing to put you in a potato sack." Lev commented in the same, serious tone he had used previously. Realizing that the other was freezing he turned and began walking so they would get inside faster. There was nothing he could do to help there on the road. "I don't know if anything will fit you..." He commented truly unsure if Atlas could get into any of his clothing comfortably. Both of them were well built but Lev was somewhat taller and not as muscular.

He looked at Lev.

"You went actually planning that right?" Atlas laughed half-heatedly.

He followed the other wrapping his arms around himself to keep his heat in.

"Your'e right, Im short and by the looks of it have more muscle..." He thought out loud. Trying to think of a solution.

"Well..I could use the Jeep to go back to base and get some extra clothing...But that would also be cold..." He was still thinking out loud. Shivering now as the wind picked up.

"Damn...at this rate I'll get a cold." He mumbled under his breath. Atlas's immune system wasn't the strongest, he caught cold easily but since his body was use to it they would only last a day or so.

"So Lev got any Ideas?"

-"Lets hurry up." Of course the other man hadn't though of how cold it would be when he was jumping into that lake, he just rushed into the action. Even though he was secretly somewhat impressed with how he defeated the serpent, Lev was angry at him for overlooking this detail. Atlas could had taken off some of his clothes and let him hold on to them, he was already determined to make Lev watch from a distance anyway. It was too late to lecture the hunter about this now so he glared at him briefly instead.

-"I don't think you'll get a cold, ..." He commented, scanning the others shivering form while he spoke. Though he wasn't a very optimistic person he didn't like the idea of the man getting sick, so he assured both himself and his comrade that it was unlikely to happen. He grew silent for a few minutes trying to think of a solution. "I can give you a few blankets while your clothes get dry..." He suggested, though not too enthusiastic about the idea.

-"I don't know how long you're planing to stay, but if it's for more than a couple of days you really should go back and get more clothes." Lev was sure the man would manage to get himself dirty and maybe end up in some lake or stream again without a problem even if he intended to leave already the next morning.

He nodded at Lev.

"If you could lend me some blankets while the cloths dried, once they are dry I'll go get some more clothing if that is okay with you...as for how long. I'm not sure myself I was to do some test on the water and animals in the forrest....Soooo. Thanks for letting me stay with you."

He shivered trying to keep up with the other.

"thank you for being so kind."He smiled as his teeth chattered.

Seeing how the hunter avoided even giving him a rough estimate regarding how long he would stay, Lev started feeling like he had unknowingly allowed the man to move in with him. Being thanked for his kindness seemed unusual to him too. Though he had been well known for a few things his good nature wasn't one of them, in truth most of his former comrades knew him as a very difficult, unreasonable and rude man. Suspicious, he narrowed his eyes on the other, observing him intensely for a minute as though trying to force some sort of confession out of him.

-"I suppose you can come and go as much as you want, just don't bring anyone with you... or anything." He warned, already aware by this point that Atlas had a much different idea of how to handle monsters than himself.

-"Speaking of which, I hope it is understood that your little friend will be staying outside." Lev didn't want rodents anywhere near his property, even less poisonous ones which disliked him for mysterious reasons.

He frowned as the other said Drac Couldn't stay in the house.

"Then can I borrow a few blankets and I'll sleep outside...I can't let him be alone when im close by I'll hurt his feelings. We've slept together ever since I met him." He sighed. "I can hang my clothing on some trees as it dries and sleep with the blanket you let me borrow."

He felt bad that the other was being kind of cold to him.

Upon hearing all of this from the other hunter, Lev's features became arranged in an interesting combination of astonishment and anger. He could barely believe the nonsense he was hearing and was blank on how to react to it. Of course, his first though was to scream at the man, give him a long lecture about how it was only logical to keep a dangerous animal outside and that being so stubborn on such a topic was ridiculous. Another idea that came to mind was to grab the other by the shoulders and shake him even more than he was already shivering and knock some sense into him. However, Lev had enough restraint at that moment to put his irritation under control and force a marginally calm response. He took a deep, silent breath and spoke, feeling like a grown man explaining things to a small child.

-"You're not thinking... You're already freezing, if you actually did that you could become seriously ill. That thing is an animal, there are a dozen of its size running around at the edge of the forest anyway and this one is probably capable of fending off a bear. I honestly doubt it will be... hurt... if you leave it for only a short while."

He started to talk to Atlas as though he were a child. He felt his anger grow, This guy didn't know about his bond with Drac plus he is talking to him as though he was a child who knew nothing.

"I may be Freezing but I'm not leaving him alone, He is my best and really only friend." He growled, as his teeth chatted from the cold. Drac had landed on his shoulder a few minutes ago. He looked at him.

"Dont worry Drac I won't leave you in the cold." Drac rubbed against Atlas's neck as though to thank him.

Hearing the others tone become more harsh only caused Lev to turn more hostile himself and with that it seemed the little amount of liking he had built up for the hunter faded away. However, as this time he hadn't been insulted or underestimated, he let go of the entire topic much more easily. He wasn't about to start an argument and force the man to look after himself when he didn't particularly like him.

-"Fine... do whatever you want, it's none of my business any way." Lev replied in a grim tone just as they exited the forest and were crossing the clearing. He didn't look over at the other man or stop at all as they walked the last bit of distance to their destination. He marched on inside and was gone for a good ten minutes before he appeared again, carrying a couple of blankets in his arms.

-"If you feel too cold, you can change your mind." Lev informed the hunter with little emotion in his voice, though his frown suggested he was still somewhat upset with the entire thing. He handed his comrade the light load he was carrying and left again, this time not intending to return outside.

Atlas was a stubborn person. He took the blankets and glared at the other.

"Thank You." He said it gruff and not really meaningful.

He went back partially into the forrest, but still insight of the house.

"If you feel could you could change your mind" Atlas mocked the other, sighing.

"Welp Seems it's just us Drac."

He had 3 blankets, one he laid down on the ground and another was folded like a pillow for the last to be put over him. Once he was done he stretched.

"I should get these wet cloths off they'er freezing." He mumbled to himself, First taking out all the weapons he hid in his cloths and setting them next to his 'bed'. Slowly He took off his shirt, Then pants but felt too uncomfortable to take off his boxers. Hanging the soaking wet clothing on the trees. Crawling in his 'bed' he made and putting the blanket over him and Drac. He was so cold and shaking, By now he was coughing. Drac crawled close to him as if trying to provide some heat.

"Thank you...Drac." He smiled, closing his eyes and coughing from now and then.

Though he intended to make himself comfortable and forget about everything that had made him so angry that day, Lev found himself unable to think of anything else than the hunter he'd left outside. The entire hunt and what happened after replayed in his head, mostly evoking the same emotions as when it had actually happened as was understandable considering it had all happened just earlier that day. What truly bothered him was that he felt guilty the other man was outside now. He tried to ensure himself that he wasn't responsible for any of it but he felt as if though he'd personally pushed him into the lake and then forced him to stay in the cold.

Lev knew well what he was supposed to do to get rid of that nasty feeling eating away at him but by that point the previous disagreement had somehow become a thing of principle for him. Instead of going outside he looked out the window with his forehead pressed against the glass, similar to when he had been waiting for "support" that morning. He scanned the clearing and when he failed to find the other man there, he extended his search to the edge of the forest and got a rough idea of where the hunter was.

Impulsively he turned from the window and headed across the room but stopped midway and threw himself backwards on the couch. A frustrated sigh escaped him as he leaned back and ran a hand through his hair. It was interesting and more than a bit irritating how he could act without a second though but then spend hours thinking of the consequences.

Atlas Curled up more trying his best to keep his core tempurtute high. Atlas was very uncomfortable, but he looked at Drac fast asleep and he smiled. Him and Drac Had been through a lot, He had saved him multiple times..Drac was like a brother almost, he was all the family he had. Atlas's head reeled about Lev, he was so nice at moments yet other moments Atlas wanted to punch him. What had happened. to him to make him this way.

'Dear mom and dad, wherever you are. Who is this guy....Why is he like this. Im so confused. Mom and Dad...you know I miss you and wish you were here, I dont want to be a hunter I want to show compasion....But the instinics of training kick in sometimes. I know that's not what you wanted for me..Im sorry...To the 'snake' I took the life of today, Im sorry I should have tried to understand you first, and I hope your death was painless.' Atlas thought to himself. He was so cold...Shivering, teeth chattering, coughing, head hurting....

It was extremely unusual for Lev to do something that would damage his pride, especially for someone else's sake, however, he was aware that such thinking was now keeping him from doing the right thing. Apparently he was not as stubborn as the other man, since after enough time the entire thing became too nerve-racking for him. He couldn't get much done with something else constantly on his mind and eventually he was willing to give in.

With his lips shaped into a small frown, Lev approached the edge of the forest, noticing how it was cold even for him who was dressed appropriately. As he came closer to the hunter, he noticed the man wasn't doing so good at the low temperature. Despite everything, Lev had hopped the other would be alright but now it seemed it wasn't so.

-"Hey?" He called quietly to get the other's attention and bent down beside him.

Atlas laid there going in and our of conciseness. He would fall asleep then would wake up from a fit of coughing or the cold. But there was a little warm spot where Drac was. And as long as they were together they would be fine, was Atlas's thinking. He didn't feel great. He had a feel he was already getting sick. He started drifting into thought, Of course he had looked at Lev and He thought he wasn't so bad look, actually fairly Handsome.

"hey"

Atlas thought it was his imagination but then he opened his eyes to See Lev there.

"hi..." His voice was ruff from coughing so much. "What are you doing here?...I'm fine....If you don't let Drac in I wont go in." He coughed through the whole thing.

-"I know..." Lev was well aware he would have to let them both in, if the hunter had given into the idea of leaving his little friend he would had come inside on his own.

For the first time since they'd met that morning, Lev looked at the other with no anger in his gaze and without trying to be unemotional. The concern he felt translated into his expression despite his wish to hide it. Now up close to the other man and hearing how his voice had changed in the relatively short time since he'd last seen him, he had good reason to be worried. Without much though, he places a hand on the others shoulder and looked for the fur ball he'd have to take with them. As expected the animal was right beside Atlas.

-"Come on, let's go... Both of you..." Lev commanded in a calm and reasonable voice.

He looked at the other man. He saw a face on him he had never thought Lev of all people would show. He looked so concerned and worried. Atlas gave him a shaky smile. He let the other leave his hand on his shoulder. He was so warm. He Leaned on the other.

"You'er warm."

He looked up, and looked in the others eye.

Atlas looked at Drac, slowly putting him in his arms.

"Come on, Let's go...Both of you.."

He looked at the other.

"Thank you." He mumbled, Trying to stand up. As he got up he realized he was still only in his boxers, embarrassed he blushed. And followed Lev.

As much as seeing the hunter smile was reassurance that he was alright, Lev couldn't ignore how he felt cold to the touch. In a different situation, seeing a good looking man with not much clothes on would had summoned an interesting comment out of Lev but now he was short on witty remarks and his mind was preoccupied with something else. He felt horrible that the other thanked him when he felt guilty for not giving in and letting him come inside right away.

Before they made their way back to the house, Lev remembered to gather the others clothes and everything else he'd brought there. He picked everything up in a rush, not wanting the hunter to be in the cold air any longer than necessary to cross the clearing. While they walked he made sure to stay close to the other and not rush ahead of him. Once inside, he planted him on the nearest comfortable piece of furniture which happened to be the couch.

-"Would you like anything...?" Lev asked while he handed the man new thick fabric to cover himself with. Since he had known how far this location was from most civilization, he'd brought some medicine with him and if nothing else he could offer the other some pain killers if his throat hurt.

-"I can get you some coffe to warm up... I think i have tea somwhere around here too." He offered knowing that he's being a bit nicer then he usualy would be to a visitor.

Atlas followed the other and sat on the couch looking round the room. It was so warm in the house. He curled in a ball and covered himself with the warm fabric. Drac had moved to his and made a sorta nest out of his hair. He looked at Lev.

"Sorry that I'm causing you trouble, but some hot tea and milk would be great. Thank you for letting me in."

He looked at lev his had worry for him in it. It light something in Atlas's heart that Lev was nice and worried for him.

Lev couldn't help but lighten up as he observed what the small furry pest did to the others hair, he wondered how the man didn't mind it at all. The animal remained close to its friend, so he guessed he wouldn't have to worry about it running off somewhere and causing trouble.

-"Stop thanking me... I would be held responsible if you froze to death..." Lev joked in his misleadingly serious voice but there was some truth in what he said, he didn't want the hunter to thank him.

-"... but... if I were to say you died while battling that snake they would believe me... I would just have to hide your body." He pretended to be playing out the scenario in his mind and developing a plan how to cover his imaginary crime. The only indication that he was just messing around with his guest were his smirk and the laugh that echoed behind him as he exited the room. He hadn't even realized it, but at some point he'd decided the man wasn't so bad and despite how much they managed to argue in a single day he wanted to be his friend.

Though he was sure he knew where everything was, Lev spent such a ridiculous time looking for what he needed in the kitchen that he became annoyed with himself. A long time passed before he returned with what the hunter had asked for and set it on the table.

Atlas didn't feel great. Atlas had a hard time doing two things and that was stop saying sorry and stop thanking people. He didn't know why but.....He felt better when he did it.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

His eyes went wide as the other talked about him dieing in the fight. As the other laughed he sighed in relief seeing it was a joke. After the other left Atlas laid on the couch, closing his eyes.

He felt the warmth around him but his body still felt like ice. Maybe I really would have frozen. He thought. His eyes opened only to be closed soon after as he fell into slumber waiting for the other.

Lev wasn't sure if he was glad to see the hunter sleep and get some rest or if it alarmed him to find the man in a similar state as in the forest previously. Apparently he wasn't very useful in these sorts of situations since all he could do now was to consider possible outcomes and think of all the bad things that could happen.

He didn't want to wake the other up or leave him all alone there so he made use of the small portion of the couch that was still free and took a seat. The day had passed by quickly and it was already late evening, the room was growing dark as the sun drifted further away behind the mountain landscape. Lev watched the other in silence for some times without thinking anything in particular, he just observed the man's features absentmindedly. He began to realize how he was fairly sleepy himself and found it highly unusual considering how it was not even night yet.

Without intending to or noticing what he was doing, he shifted and made himself comfortable and in a few minutes began to drift off also.

Atlas unconsouisly felt something warm and latched onto it hugging it in his deep sleep. That warm thing was Lev un knowing to Atlas. He liked to hold onto something for once and not be alone.

He fell into a dream.

"Atlas!!!, ATLaS!" He heard his Father scream like it was Life or death.Which unbenoced to Atlas it was. He ran into the lab, seeing his mother collapsed and appeared to be bleeding out and his father over her crying. But as soon as he looked closer he saw his dad had the same exact wound as his mother and was close to passing out.

"Dad!" Atlas screamed and ran towards his parents.

His father turned to him

"Atlas...Son don't become vengeful, don't blame those who are scared..Follow in our foot steps." His dad passed out after finishing his sentence and fell on to his mother who at stopped breathing.

Atlas fell to his knees grabbing his head, and letting out a blood curdling scream.

"nonono, This can't be happening." As he finished his sentence, he realized, the animal that killed his parents must still be here. He jumped up. There would be another time to mourn. He grabbed his pocket knife and closed the door to the lab.

"Come out you ass."

Soon after walking around a little he was charged at by something that looked like a bull but with 8 horns.

"Oh it's on you piece of shit."

Atlas was abled to slit it's throat, causing to die a long painful death like his parents. Once it was done he ran to the bodies of what were his parents. and dropped to his knees...

"Why, why....Why mommy daddy." He cried and cried.

Unknown to Atlas as he was dreaming he squeezed on the the warmth he had latched onto and started to sob reliving that memory.