Dragon Ball Z: A Visitor From Another World

~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

'Please..' Piccolo hung his head slightly, 'The hardest thing I ever saw... was the betrayed look on Goku's face. I'm begging you. Don't do it.'

Goku readied himself, laughing softly, "You ready??"

Bardock ran backwards, smirking, "As ready as I can!!"

Piccolo waited, sighing softly. Then, he raised a hand, his head still low as he pointed to the right, 'There's a place that you can be alone around the building. Just lock the door.. no one will bother you..'

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bardock

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

'Thank you.' He heads to where Piccolo had pointed, pausing before he left. 'Also. I don't like being lied to. You DID see something. And I have a feeling I know just what you saw.' With that said, Nexus disappears, heading to the place, and locking the door behind him.

Sitting down, he crosses his legs and begins to concentrate, his eyes closed, hands resting in his lap, sword placed across his legs, and slightly unsheathed, so a sliver of silver showed, and his power level rose very slowly. His flames began to cover his skin, small at first before growing in size, until it looked like he was covered in a bonfire sized blaze.

Taking deep breaths, he concentrates even harder, the fire growing more. He needed to get this down, if he were to even have the slightest chance to give the others even a small percentage of winning against Exodys. But even as he sat there, losing track of time, he couldn't go past what he was at.

'Damn. I need to...try harder.'

How long he was there, he didn't know. Minutes? Hours? Nexus was beginning to think he just might have to ask for some help, even though he'd wanted to do this alone.

Piccolo kept an eye on Goku and Bardock, watching as they sparred, nearly tearing each other apart. Vegeta had fallen asleep, and Krillen and Gohan both were having their own epic battle. Piccolo's eyes glanced to the area Nexus went to every so often, and he sighed softly. He got to his feet, and he made his way over to the door. But he didn't knock. Instead, he pressed his back to the door, allowing himself to slump against it. His head pressed to the door, slightly turned to the right, 'You're right.. I did lie to you. But I only did because what I saw, is going to change.'

Raising a hand, and pressing his palm against the door as he turned, he continued, 'I can't save everyone. But I can try as hard As I can to make sure we win. I apologize for keeping you in tge dark, but I felt the vision unnecessary. '

He sighed again, now allowing his body to slide down, on the floor. He lowered his gaze, his expression saddened, 'I used to fight Goku.. tell him our friendship was nothing but a waste. And even when I'm the harshest, he never looked at me with such hurt.. such betrayal.. like he did to his father earlier. I thought that if he didn't remember, it would be best, because that way, he'd remember on his own accord.'

'I know I can't keep this hidden from him forever. . But Bardock JUST came back into his life. I didn't want that to be thrown away over something that almost happened.. when Bardock had no control.'

His energy kept rising, and as it did he heard the words said to him, but says nothing in return, keeping silent. Teeth clenching, hands in right fists, he tries to keep from just screaming back, telling Piccolo that none of the things he was saying made any sense. That he was speaking in riddles, and it was ticking him off. But Nexus remains quiet, no words heard from him.

Instead, he stands, and at that moment, it happened. The flames become packed, compressed, and dense. Then, with a yell, releases the pent up energy in a huge blast, sending it outward, so it resembled a star blowing up, with a ring of flames spreading out, a supernova. A huge explosion resumes, the sound immense and it shook the entire place, almost blowing the door off it's hinges.

Taking a deep breath, he looks around, blinking at the charred appearance, smoke everywhere. It was as if a bomb had gone off. At least he got what he'd been trying to go for. Small spots of fire dotted the floor, walls, and ceiling, and there were cracks everywhere.

Crossing the room, he unlocks the door and opens it. Looking at Piccolo, he sighs, before speaking. "Everything will be fine. And you're right, you can't keep it hidden, but now...now is not the time. You may have deemed it unnecessary... but I want to know. You saw a death, didn't you?"

Piccolo sighed when he got no response. He stood there, trying to decide what to do. As his mind wondered, he didn't yet feel the rise on Nexus's power until it was too late. The door bowed, hitting him in the face. Piccolo grabbed his face, grunting and his eyes widened from the rising power. Nexus had peaked, Piccolo could feel it.

As the door opened and Nexus stepped out, Piccolo moved, standing just a few feet from him. He hears what Nexus was saying and when he asked if he saw a death, Piccolo knew he couldn't lie anymore.

"Yes."

He'd answered so quickly, without a moments hesitation. "I saw several."

It was true. He'd seen a few people who would not live through the fight, but there was only one that hurt him every time the image flashed through his head.

"Oh my god.."

Piccolo jumped, not realizing that Goku had walked over. He'd heard the explosion, after all. He stood there, shocked at what he'd accidentally overheard, "Kami showed you the future..?"

Piccolo raised a hand, letting ut cover his face, "Yes.."

Nexus shakes his head softly, hearing the confirmation from Piccolo. "I knew it." Looking away, he leans against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest, staring down at the floor, a blank expression on his face. Even though he'd guessed right, it didn't make things any better hearing it. Especially when he heard that there were several deaths.

He doesn't even look up when Goku speaks up, who apparently had come to check on why there had been an explosion no doubt, or something like it, and ended up hearing their conversation.

Instead, he slides down the wall slowly, and slumps to the floor, pulling his legs against his chest, resting his head on his knees, his face hidden from view, which now was covered in worry. Even as much as he feared the answer, he had to ask, though he highly doubted his question would get a response.

"Who is it Piccolo? Who all dies...?" He mutters, shoulders hunching as his arms tighten around his legs.

Piccolo took a deep breath. He knew Nexus would ask, and he had every right to. He glanced at Goku, who stood there, awaiting the answer as well. Piccolo sighed then, crossing his arms over his chest, and then uncrossing them. He knew he was stalling, and at that moment, he really didn't want the answer to be told. B iyt t, he knew Nexus had a right to know.

"Krillen falls first.. He goes to your aid after Exodys attacked you. But Krillen was no match, and he met the mean end pf Exodys' sword.." he coughed softly, swallowing hard at the next part, "Then, uh... Gohan gets caught in a blast. It seems he takes out what he believes are the weakest first.."

Piccolo's eyes trailed to Goku then, "Vegeta tries hard... but he'll be no match.. after he brutally breaks several bones, he snaps Vegeta's neck.."

Goku let out a pained gasp, his face turning to fear, "No.. Vegeta.."

Piccolo nodded, feeling Goku's pain. The last one was hard to get out. "Then, uh..." he cleared his throat, trying yo wash away the nervous sound in his voice, "Last.." he didn't want to say it. He didn't want to think about it. He had to change this vision.. he had to save Nexus.

"I can't.." Piccolo let his guard down, and when he looked at Nexus, sitting on the ground, his voice broke, "Please.. don't make me say it.."

Hearing each death, how they'd die, made Nexus clench up, his stomach tightening, and his chest hurt painfully. Why, why did they have to die, because of a fight that should only really concern him, Nexus?! It just wasn't fair! None of this was fair, not in the least! He grits his teeth, hands trembling as they move to hold his head, fingers gripping tightly his hair, pulling at it as Piccolo continued to talk.

The last bit, the way Piccolo's voice sounded, how his words stumbled, made Nexus feel as if he'd been slapped in the face and punched in the gut. Especially the very last, hearing Piccolo practically beg to not have to say the name, made him feel as if he knew exactly who it was.

He becomes like a ball now, his body curled up tightly. "It...it's...oh god...I'm going to...die?" Even as depressing as that was, Nexus doesn't cry. Instead, he takes a calming breath, forcing himself to look up at Piccolo, a look of pain, and at the same time, determination on his face. "We can't let anyone else know."

Standing up, he uses the wall for support, his mind wandering to Bardock. "HE can't know..." Taking another deep breath, he pushes away from the wall, stumbling slightly. "Nothing...nothing is set in stone...right? Come on...let's...go back..." Gritting his teeth, he takes another step, and nearly falls. Just how long had he'd been in that room?! It felt like days had passed since he'd slept or eaten.

Upon hearing Nexus figure out who the last person was, Piccolo looked away. The look on his face was unbearable. As Nexus got up, Piccolo wanted to go to his side, but at the same time, would he be angry at him? Then, the mention of Bardock made his heart skip a beat. "Bardock beats him.."

Goku raised his head when Piccolo spoke then.

"He uses... the kamehameha wave. But when Kami showed me the vision, he had looked different. I can't put my finger on it, but.. there was something different about him."

Piccolo leans to one knee now, after Nexus had fallen and he wrapped both arms around Nexus as tears fell down his face. Not much made him cry, and it'd been years since he'd allow himself to.

He had taken another step, and this time he did fall, landing hard on his hands and knees. Though he ignores the stinging he hears what Piccolo says, surprise on his face. So...Bardock is the one who ends up defeating Exodys, huh? It was good to hear.

As he knelt there, he was a bit set aback when Piccolo suddenly hugs him, and at first he does nothing, but after a moment he slowly wraps his own arms around the other, feeling tears falling onto him. This was a new experience, he'd never seen Piccolo cry, and it tore him to pieces seeing him like this.

"H-hey, don't...don't cry...you'll make me cry...by...the way...h-how long...was I...in...that room...?" His voice fades as fatigue washes over him, and he slumps against Piccolo, passing out in mere seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

He had taken another step, and this time he did fall, landing hard on his hands and knees. Though he ignores the stinging he hears what Piccolo says, surprise on his face. So...Bardock is the one who ends up defeating Exodys, huh? It was good to hear.

As he knelt there, he was a bit set aback when Piccolo suddenly hugs him, and at first he does nothing, but after a moment he slowly wraps his own arms around the other, feeling tears falling onto him. This was a new experience, he'd never seen Piccolo cry, and it tore him to pieces seeing him like this.

"H-hey, don't...don't cry...you'll make me cry...by...the way...h-how long...was I...in...that room...?" His voice fades as fatigue washes over him, and he slumps against Piccolo, passing out in mere seconds.

Piccolo had fallen asleep next to Nexus after he carried him to bed. Hours had passed as they both slept. Then, Piccolo opened his eyes as he felt someone brush their hand over his head. His head turned, seeing Bardock sitting beside them, "I woke you?"

Piccolo stared at him, a sudden headache coming on and he closed his eyes again, "Yes."

Bardock's eyes saddened, and he looked down a little, "Sorry.. I was just-"

Piccolo stopped him by taking his hand, and kissing the fingertips softly, "It's fine. Better to be woken by you, than that of anyone else."

Bardock blushed slightly before smiling, "Is he okay?"

"He's fine." Piccolo offered no explanation for Nexus' fatigue. Although he knew it was from the powerup earlier. The conversation replayed in his head and he suddenly jerked upwards. Had Goku kept his mouth shut?? He turned to Bardock, "Where is Goku?"

Bardock looked surprised, his hazel eyes showing some concern, "He's resting. Are you-"

Piccolo got up, "Excuse me." And he left the area, looking around the corner to find Goku sleeping on his bed with Vegeta. Piccolo stared a moment before he turned back around. Better to ask when they all had rested.

Nexus shifts slightly in his sleep, brows pressed together, a pained expression on his face. His whole body felt like a sack of bricks, his mind filled with cotton. Though, even so, it seemed as if he was suffering, not only physically, but mentally as well.

Even as Bardock and Piccolo talk, he continues to move, face, fingers, limbs twitching uncontrollably. A drop of sweat falls from his brow, as he lay there, disappearing into his hair.

Just as Piccolo returned from checking on Goku, his eyes fly open and he sits up quickly, mind having gotten a jolting shock. His eyes had a rather dulled look to them, as if he wasn't even completely there consciously. His body protests rather painfully, and he groans, holding his head in hs hands, and whatever had made him wake, whatever thought it was, slips from his mind, disappearing like smoke into the wind. Shaking his head softly, he frowns.

"I have a feeling...I am forgetting something crucial...or I just remembered something important, but now it's gone..." He murmurs this to himself, completely oblivious to the fact that Bardock and Piccolo were there in the room. Rubbing his head, he sighs softly, closing his eyes again, and sighing softly.

Then, just as suddenly as he woke up, he falls back asleep, though remaining as he was, slumping forward. It was probably an odd sight to see, and rather funny too.

Piccolo and both Bardock were shocked when Nexus sat up. They hear what he says but as he slumped back over, Piccolo covers his mouth yo keep from smiling. Bardock stared at Nexus, finally shaking his head and smiles, "What was THAT about?"

Piccolo chuckled softly, "No idea.. I think he might have been dreaming." He walks over, slowly laying Nexus back down on the bed. Bardock kisses Nexus' cheek just as Piccolo kisses the other side. Then, Bardock stands, starting to walk away. Piccolo reaches out, taking his hand, "Where are you going?"

Bardock looked surprised, but then shrugged, "I'm not tired.. so I thought I'd meditate or something.."

Piccolo yanked on Batdock's arm, causing him to fall right into his lap, both knees straddling Piccolo's legs. Bardock blushed, both hands on Piccolo's shoulders, "H-Hey.. stop playing around.."

Piccolo smirks softly, "Who's playing? Stay with me a while.."

Bardock looked like he'd refuse, but then smiled back, "Alright.."

"It's funny.." Piccolo smirked again, "A week ago, you told me to die a painful death."

Bardock laughed softly, "Yeah, well, a week ago you grabbed my tail." He stuck out his tongue.

Piccolo leaned over, pressing his lips to Bardock's and at the same time, he sucked on the others tongue, pulling it inside his mouth. Bardock kissed him back, but blushed as he did so, not yet used to the feeling. "Now here we are.."

"Fucking?" Bardock blushed again, his eyes looking at Piccolo.

Piccolo raised a brow, "I was going to say 'mates'.. but that works."

"We're fucked up, aren't we?"

"Maybe a little. But I don't mind it." Translation: I like you.

"Yeah.. neither do I.." Translation: I like you, too.

Fire. There was so much fire. Burning, destroying, devastating, painful. And yet, beautiful, helpful, healing, a harboring of life. It brought death, to make way for new life. That was the secret of the Phoenix fire. But as much as Nexus tried to grasp these thoughts, they only slipped away faster than before, not allowing him to take hold, to keep what his memories were telling him. Leaving him in the dark.

As he lay there once again, he shifts, rolling over in his sleep and falls off the side of the bed, landing hard on the floor, once again jolted from slumber, thoughts slipping from his mind the moment he yelps and opens his eyes.

Groaning, he sits up, rubbing the back of his head, his eyes turning to look at Bardock and Piccolo. Blinking a couple of times, he gets to his feet, not saying anything as he began to walk away, his mind already deterring from them to trying to remember what his thoughts had showed him. But no matter how hard he tried, he could not recall anything.

Stopping in his steps a few feet away, he rubs his head again, shaking it and sighing softly. "This...fucking sucks..." He mutters, starting to get slightly annoyed with himself.

Bardock and Piccolo turned as Nexus fell out of the bed. Bardock was the first to make eye contact before Nexus got up and walked away. Fearing that Nexus was angry that Piccolo was giving him attention, Bardock scrambled off Piccolo's lap and raced to his side. He slowly walked up to Nexus, planting a hand on his shoulder, "Baby? Are you okay?"

Piccolo rose as well, walking over to Nexus and slipping a hand on his shoulder, "How do you feel?"

Just as he was about to take another step, he jumps as he was jolted from his thoughts by a hand on his shoulder. Blinking, he looks over to see Bardock standing there, before jumping once again as another hand touches his other shoulder. "Gah!" He sighs loudly, waving his own hand dismissevely in the air. "I'm fine, I'm fine." He steps forward, pulling away, rubbing the sore spot on his head where he'd hit it falling from the bed.

"Just distracted with my thoughts is all. It's nothing, don't worry." He takes a few more steps, and turns, forcing a smile on his lips. "Ah, but uh, don't let my flitting memories or whatever they are stop you. Please, continue as you were." He turns back around, the smile slipping, as he began to walk away again.

Bardock blinked, his hand raised to stop Nexus. But after a moment he lowers it, "I'm sorry.." Rather than pushing, risking to make him angrier than he already was, he stepped backwards, walking away.

Piccolo watched him, then angrily grabbed Nexus' arm, pulling him back, "Are you fucking kidding me? So what, you're allowed to have me and him, but I'm not allowed to care about him? Look, I understand your head is NOT here right now, but dammit, his is! I think he may care about you more than anything in the world and for you to dismiss him like that is COMPLETELY unacceptable, do you hear me?!"

Bardock had walked back towards the other area and after he located some distance, he sighed shakily. it upset him knowing he had angered Nexus. As he sat down, he took another breath, more steady this time and he closed his eyes. Meditation would do him some good...

Nexus growls as he was pulled back, forced to turn around and look at Piccolo. Yanking his arm away, he listens to what Piccolo tells him, a expression of growing annoyance, incredulity, and anger growing on his face. His teeth grit harshly as he grinds them together, until he couldn't contain himself and he bursts out in response, his voice shaking with contained rage.

"Don't even fucking go there right now. I don't want ANYONE at this moment, but you know what, I'm going to die soon, you can have him all to yourself when I'm gone! I NEVER said you couldn't care for him! NOT ONCE DID I SAY THAT! I don't need you telling me these things, and I certainly don't need you treating me...LIKE A CHILD!" He glares at Piccolo, breathing hard.

"So, if you don't want to piss me off, just stop. Cause if you do...I'll rip you apart, and save you the agony of meeting Exodys. I'm not in the fucking mood. I've got too much on my mind. I'm sorry if I upset you, okay?! Just...gah!!" He grabs at his hair, obviously on the verge of breaking down. "I FUCKING HATE THIS!!!"

Hot tears began to form, and he pulls at his hair, yelling out in anger, annoyed mostly with himself. He'd thrown aside Bardock's care and hurt him emotionally, was getting pissed off at Piccolo, threatening to hurt HIM physically...was saying things he didn't mean that were cruel and hateful..all because he was so confused...and scared.

Piccolo blinked at Nexus, a look of pure shock on his face, "I know you don't mean that.. Nothing is set in stone. Just because of a stupid vision... no one's going to die!"

He stepped forward then, "I'm scared, too.. but if we break down now, everything will go wrong.. okay?" He gently rubbed Nexus' arms.

Taking deep breaths, he felt Piccolo's touch, and stays put this time instead of pulling away like before. Words echoing in his mind, he tries to calm down, focusing deeply, and after a single tear falls, they dry up. His anger subsides, everything mellows out, his bubbling and near uncontrollable emotions subside.

Without saying a word, he suddenly hugs Piccolo, holding tight, not wanting to let go. Even though he wanted to believe what Piccolo had said, but he feared that, like so many times before, things would end up terribly.

"I'm so sorry..." He murmurs, wanting to be close, scared of the moment he lets go, that everything he held dear, held close to his heart, would fade away and disappear. "I don't want to let go...of you, or Bardock...or anyone..."

Piccolo hugs him back, smiling softly, "I know.. look, we have about six months left in this room. We should make the best of it.. we've been in here a day, but in the real world, its only been a few minutes. So.." he stands there, still holding Nexus, "Tell me the truth.. do you get jealous when I pay attention to Bardock? Because, you know you're the one who drives me wild, right?"

Bardock sat calmly, his eyes closed as he concentrated on the meditation. He suddenly rose his power level, straining to increase it higher than it's ever gone. The room rumbled underneath him, shaking as he bared his teeth, growling and grunting as his power rose higher, and higher still. Until it reached as high as it would go, even without being Super Saiyan, and it dropped dramatically. He panted, huffing as he kept his eyes closed still, 'Gotta get stronger.. I'll never win like this...'

Nexus was relieved when Piccolo hugs back, though the words he heard surprised him. They'd only been in there for a day?! It felt so much longer than that! But, as there were many things he still did not know about Earth, he would not doubt anything like this. So...they had six more months. He sighs softly, resting his head against Piccolo's chest, though freezes up slightly at the next question and statement.

"I...um..." Lowering his eyes, he starts to pull away, or attempts to, not wanting Piccolo to see the many things that had suddenly surfaced in his mind, between himself and Piccolo, all those moments that they had shared. How it made him feel so...good. Those times, and how they made Nexus want even more every time he even SAW Piccolo. And how...it indeed made him jealous, every time he saw Piccolo touching Bardock, made him seethe with jealousy, an emotion he'd never felt before coming to earth.

To distract himself from the onslaught of memories and thoughts, he speaks up, clearing his throat awkwardly." Um, well...about this fight with Exodys...we should be glad it's just him. And not Gynoxyz. Though...I doubt THEY would even bother..."

Side note: Pronunciation: Gynoxyz - Gi-knox-seize (a twist on the word Genesis)

Piccolo saw it all. He read it all. But as Nexus pulled away, he smiled softly, leaning over and he pressed his lips to Nexus' in a firm, but gentle kiss. As he pulled away, he nodded, "Okay. If it upsets you that much, I'll back off of him."

"To be completely honest, I'm not even sure if he marked me in the heat of the moment.. or becauae he genuinely wanted to. But I'm not going to ask either."

Nexus blinks, and blushes just a tiny bit when he was kissed, firm, but gentle at the same time. "I...you...you saw...didn't you...?" He murmurs, after hearing what Piccolo said. How else would the other have known? He hadn't said it out loud. Then he heard what was said next, unsure what to reply with.

"Do you....want me to ask...?" Looking up at Piccolo's face, he was willing, but was hesitant at the same time. Reaching up, he gently places his hand on Piccolo's cheek, leans up, and kisses him gently, before pulling away.

"I'm...going to go apologize to Bardock..." He gives the other one last kiss, a quick hug, and then turns away, heading in the way Bardock had gone, and soon enough reaches where it was, taking slow steps towards where Bardock's was sitting. Reaching out, he places his hand softly upon Bardock's shoulder, kneeling down next to him.

For a moment he was silent, knowing the other was obviously meditating. Instead, he just kneels there, and slowly wraps his arms around Bardock, embracing him softly. Leaning his head against Bardock's back, and just stays quiet. It was obvious he was trying to hold back his tears as he held onto Bardock. "I'm...sorry..."

Piccolo smiled softly as Nexus offered to ask that question, but he shook his head softly. He figured that if Bardock wanted to, he'd let Piccolo know someway. And if Piccolo's other suspicion were true, that Bardock had done it in the heat of the moment, then once the bite wore off, he wouldn't remark him. As Nexus said he was going to go apologize, Piccolo nodded his head in approval, happy that Nexus was making the first move. He softly kissed and hugged him back and watched as Nexus walked over to Bardock.

Bardock had been deep in meditation when he suddenly felt Nexus's arms around him. He blinked open his eyes, surprised that Nexus was apologizing. He reached up, giving the arms that were around him a small squeeze, "But why? You did nothing wrong.. I did."