Baking is love (private) robertita& sue werner (18+)

robertita

"Very well, Aoi. Now please take this plate with your classmate cake, it's the only one which left since I put mine along the others. I will ask you at the end the mark for it." Seiji said and smiled. Once Aoi did as he said he continued with the students' marks. He was surprised to see they gave good marks and were sincere about the cakes they tasted. "...this cake is made by Aoi" a student said and Seiji was curious to see what mark he got. "He deserves a 5 Sensei" Seiji smiled and agreed. "It's the only one from all class who has a 5 from me today". He then said to Aoi "Now the mark for your last class mate Aoi and after this you all are free to go to your last class”.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robertita

• sue werner

Aoi said a loud, “Yes” and took the plate to his table. He smiled at the thought of eating two slices of cake today. Saying a quiet, “Itadakimasu…” he began to taste the cake. He closed his eyes as he savored the taste and smiled. Well, it wasn’t as delicious as Seiji-sensei, but, it was okay. He heard one student said that his mark was 5 and he was very happy that even the student gave him the best mark and he was the only one with 5. Smiling, he gave a three to the student and looked at the back of the plate. “Sensei, Suzuki got 3.” He said to his baking teacher.

“Perfect, same mark took from me. See you tomorrow. Don’t forget we will do a fruit dessert. I want each of you to bring at least 3 different types of fruits. “ Seiji said and he dismissed the class. He smiled to himself wondering if the students will know to choose well - it was important that the taste of the fruits together to match. Seiji left the class too and went to his last class in another lab. The last year students had a special lab just for them with oven where they could bake more cakes in the same time. Seiji greeted his students and asked them to do a birthday cake. He then watched them working but his thought where on Aoi. Would he be able to find the perfect three fruits?

Aoi was on way home from his university. He needed to buy some ingredients for tomorrow's baking class and he needed to buy three fruits for tomorrow. He was beaming with joy at the thought of perhaps, making fruit tart. It sounded so delicious! Skipping, happily he went to wait for the bus that had been instructed by his teacher and house's owner. He took the bus and stopped at the junction before the flat he lived. Walking to the supermarket there, he quickly went to the fruit aisle and looked at the fresh fruits being displayed. He frowned as he thought of the fruits he should choose. After thinking for a while, he decided to buy kiwis, peaches and strawberries. He thought this three combination was the best. Also, the sweet and sour flavor were very good if the teacher decided to make a fruit tart. After paying for the fruits, he quickly walking to the flat and went to the floor where his home was. Using his given key, he opened the lock and entered. He went to put the fruits in the fridge and looked around the house in wonder. "Where's Seiji-sensei?"

Seiji finally finished his last class. The students were doing well and Seiji knew which ones he would use for the coming festival. He took his bag and rushed to catch the bus. He didn’t forget he had to do shopping with Aoi that day. Once he arrived home he entered into the kitchen and was surprised to see the boy was cooking for them. “Good afternoon Aoi. Did you get home for long?” he asked and went straight to the fridge to take out the juice. “Did you go to the shopping alone? “ he added as he saw all the food from the fridge. “I will go to have a shower then” he said as he left the kitchen. He didn’t expect for the boy to do all those things.

"Ah!" Aoi jumped in surprised when his teacher suddenly greeted him. Looking back, he smiled. "Good afternoon, sensei, not too long, I just came back from a market," he smiled as he stirred the stew. "Ah, yes, I'm sorry, I didn't wait for you..." he said guiltily. Well, he did forget that Seiji-sensei wanted them to shop groceries together. "I'll ready the lunch so after you take a bath, we can have a lunch together." he said to the teacher. Stirring back the stew, Aoi tasted it and smiled when it already tasted good. He then prepared the chicken salad and scoop some rice to be place in two bowls. He readied the table for two people's lunch and sat there, waiting for the teacher to have lunch together.While waiting for his roommate, he checked up online using phone about the fruit tart recipe, trying to find a good recipe. "Hm... this one uses the fruits that I've bought. Also, it looks delicious."

Seiji took some comfortable clothes on him and dried his hair before he went back to the kitchen. “It smells so good” he said and sited on his chair. He was curious what Aoi was searching on his phone when he entered. “Itadakimasu…” he said loudly and he started to eat. For his surprise the boy did know how to cook. “It’s delicious” he exclaimed happily and ate everything from his plate. “SHOULD WE HAVE OUR DESSERT NOW?” he asked as he went to his room and took out from his secret fridge the cake he baked last night. “You were lucky to have tasted mine today. And from your face expression I know you loved it” he cook two plates and cut two slices of cake for them. “Here you have Aoi. Did you buy even the fruits for tomorrow’s class?”

Aoi put down his phone when Seiji came to eat. He was happy that Seiji-sensei liked his cook. He happily munched on his meal and regarded the teacher from time to time. He however perked up when he heard his teacher aka roommate said they would be having dessert. "Yes, please Sensei!" he replied eagerly and waited for the other to take the secret dessert he hid in his room. He saw as his baking teacher brought a cake, "Eh? When did you bake the cake Sensei?" he asked and took the plate from the teacher. "Yes, I love it so much!" he said and began eating his share happily. he looked up at his teacher's face and nodded. "I've bought the fruits you told us to buy and I choose kiwis, peaches and strawberries." He tilted his head to one side, "But, I'm curious, what's it we're going to bake tomorrow? Is it fruit tart?"

"I baked it last night while you were sleeping. I slept for a while then I woke up and this idea came into my mind. As a teacher I must have new ideas for making my students the best in baking." he replied as he started to eat his own cake. "I'm glad you like it" he replied to the other and smiled when he heard what fruits Aoi bought. "You choose well. The taste of those three is perfect for dessert. You will choose the recipe, may be a tart, a fruit salad. I'm sure you will find a good recipe for it. The main point is to see how you combine fruits to create a delicious dessert" Seiji explained. "Do you want to know a secret? In a few weeks we will have a festival so I must choose students from each year for it. If you keep doing well, I may take you".

“Thank you, sensei!” Aoi said happily and nodded his head as he told him his plan for tomorrow recipe. “I’ll make fruit tart then, I’ve found this good recipe and it looks so delicious.” He said and finished his dessert. He tilted his head as he heard what his baking teacher said. A festival, his eyes sparkled at the thought. “Oh! I want to join it! That’ll be awesome!” he laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. “but, what kind of festival is it? I never heard anything like that in the university.”

“Ok, then I will wait your fruits tart tomorrow.” Seiji replied and smiled seeing how enthusiastic his student was about the festival “As I say I MAY choose you. Three students from every year will prepare cakes, cookies, sweets for an exposition organized by the University. Normal people will taste and buy the products you make and the money will be used to help kids from orphanages. Each year we do this.” He explained and a thought came into his mind “I will let you call me Seiji at home if you will be the best in your year”.

"Aww.. Sensei, I want to join too and for that I'll be the best in my year!" Aoi said enthusiastically. His eyes shone with determination and focus as he thought of winning and... he looked up at his teacher unsurely, "Uh... is that okay, if I won I call you by your given name? I mean, it's fine by me with calling you Sensei." he said and fidgeted uncomfortably. He waited for the other to reply as he stood from the table and brought the dishes to the sink. "I'll clean this, Sensei... and oh! I almost forgot. Can I use your kitchen for practice? I want to try making a fruit tart. Since this is my first time making, I don't really know how to do it. Can you teach me, Sensei?"

“I’m sure you will try your best Aoi. You seem to be very happy about this opportunity and I hope you can do it” he replied as he finished his cake. “Hahaha, I’m sure about it Aoi. Didn’t you ask me how to call me? Since until now you are the best in all class I change my mind. You deserve a second opportunity after your disaster from first day”. Seiji was really curious about the boy’s tart recipe so he nodded “Yes you may bake a tart now but do you have enough fruits for two? Shouldn’t we go and buy more fruits? I can’t teach you here in my house Aoi but I will stay next to you and see how you will work. I don’t want you to ruin my kitchen…“

“Hm… but, it’ll be weird if I call you by your name after all you’re my teacher. But, living with my sensei and calling him sensei in a house is also weird. Perhaps, you’re right, if I won I will call sensei by name instead,” Aoi finished washing the dishes, both his and sensei’s dishes too. He walked back to the teacher and grinned. “Thank you sensei and I will be the best since it will bring me closer to my dream to be a patiessier. Don’t worry, Sensei… I’d thought of it before and I’d bought enough fruit for three.” He said and went to the fridge to retrieve the fruits. “Don’t worry, I’ll do it good now and I’ll make sure I won’t ruin your kitchen.”

“Since you have everything you need then you may start Aoi. Let me see the recipe” Seiji asked and was surprised to see the boy give it his phone. “So you find it on internet. I will write it down on a paper for you. Meanwhile you can take out all the ingredients you need” he asked the boy and read with voice loud all he needed for it. Then taking his notebook out of his pocket and a pen he started to write the recipe. ‘Here you have Aoi” he gave the boy the paper. “You can start now” he said smiling and was ready to supervise his student’s work. Seiji loved tarts very much so he was more than excited what mark his clumsy student will receive for it.

Aoi gave his teacher his phone when he asked for the recipe. He smiled and waited for the older male to write it on the paper and took the paper given by Seiji. "Thank you, Sensei," he said and began to make the dough for the tart base. He had made tart before but it didn't turn out that good. Hopefully, it did turn out good this time when his baking teacher was looking for him. After finished with the tart based, he put it into the oven and set to make the cream. After finished with the cream, he washed all the fruits that he needed and began to cut them into pieces. The 'ding' from the oven signaled the base had ready. He took the two tart bases and began filling the cream before he put the fresh fruits inside. Then, he put some sugar glaze that he made from sugar and honey on top of it and...

"Ta da! It's already finished, Sensei!" he showed his hard work and smiled, it looked edible. He couldn't wait for Seiji-sensei to comment on it.

Seiji was surprised his student did a good job and didn’t burn anything. “It looks good Aoi. Let’s taste it” he said and cut a slice of tart. He took a bite and smiled “Your mark for today is 4 Aoi. It’s too sweet because of the sugar glaze and honey. You can’t feel the fruits contrast taste thanks to the sugar. You need to use jelly instead of sugar glaze. The tart based is perfectly baked. The cream is sweet enough… I know you like sweets Aoi but you need to think the cookies you make aren’t just for you so you must find the perfect balance between all ingredients”.

Aoi just 'ohh' and 'ahh' when his teacher commented on his tart. He took a bite of the tart and beamed with the sweetness he could taste. The tart fitted his taste perfectly! "I love this..." he said as he munched on his tart but his baking teacher was right. He shouldn't follow his taste. He should consider the other people that eating his pastries. "Um... so, I need to change the glaze only? With the jelly, I think it sounds good too. The jelly would give the shiny look on the fruits." he grinned and took a bit again. "That's a genius comment, Seiji-sensei! Somehow, I'm glad that you're my room mate."

Seiji finished his slice of tart and smiled. “Let’s see if I still have jelly powder. You can take it with you tomorrow as you need it. The University will offer you some ingredients as you know but sometimes you need to bring your own ones. It depends of what theme I give for the class. For tomorrow I only ask you to bring fruits so I can see your choices. Then I would have asked you to prepare a dessert with them. You did perfect for today. You received a good mark too.” He explained and went to his drawer full with baking things. “I have many jelly colours. Come and choose one Aoi”.

"Oh, really? Thank you, Seiji-sensei!" Aoi flashed his white teeth as he walked to the drawer and smiled widely. He looked at the many choices and picked one with the colorless. After he picked that one he explained to his baking teacher. "I think the colorless one will be better than the color ones. It will not cover the fruit's natural color and only accentuate the fruit's shiny looks." he bowed at the older male. "Thank you sensei! I've been meaning to say this and I'm glad that you're my room mate. I can study a lot of baking from you." he held the jelly powder closed to his chest. "I'll do my best tomorrow so you can be proud of me."

“Good choice Aoi. You are right. The fruits are the main ingredient of the tart. You are a smart student” Seiji said closing the drawer. “I’m your sensei Aoi. Being your room mate is a coincidence. I decided to rent a room in my house because I need money to buy a car. Plus I don’t teach at home - I only watched you and give you my opinion about your tart. I’m sure tomorrow you will be the best” he explained and headed to the door “I will go to have a walk Aoi. Would you like to come with me? It’s too hot in the house now after you baked…”

"Thank you, Seiji-sensei!" he bowed again and grinned. "Oh, so, that was the reason why you did rent your room..." he said as he watched his teacher's every move. He tilted his head when the older male walked to the door and asked him if he wanted to follow the teacher. He nodded his head and replied, "Yes, and I'm sorry sensei. I'll put this in the bag with the fruits." He quickly opened the fridge and stuff his jelly powder into the plastic bag with fruits. Afterwards, he removed the apron and put it on its original place and went to his room to grab his phone, wallet and house keys before heading to his teacher's side. "I'm ready. Let's go, sensei."

Seiji made sure the kitchen’s windows remained opened so the hot air to go out while Aoi was in his room. He smiled seeing his student and opened the door letting the boy to go out first. “I like to have a walk in the park when is warm outside. By the way Aoi have you ever worked with fondant for the cakes? In the last year that’s a must. We even bake cakes for weddings, it’s a way to inspire our students to do their best. Plus one day I will leave the university and have my own shop. I will ask few students then to join me in the business” Seiji explained being very talkative out of the sudden. “Do you have such a dream too?” he asked being so curious about this clumsy student.

"Ah, thank you, Sensei," he said, walking outside after wearing his shoes and blushed a bit since Seiji-sensei was quite a gentleman. Though, he may seem strict and cold but he was a good man and teacher. He shook his head as he heard his teacher's comment. "I never bake a cake with fondant. I only do the cream ones since fondant is quite hard and I'm not good with it. Oh! Wedding cakes... that's so cool! i want to try too. Eh? Seiji-sensei wanted to stop teaching and open a shop? Wow! That is such a good dream!" he looked up at his baking teacher with such admiration. He smiled when asked his dream and eagerly nodded his head. "Ah yes! It's been my dream to become a patissier but to open a shop, I guess I'll have to wait a few years after I became a pro patissier."

“As I just said in the last year you will be able to do that. For now you are doing well. You can try wedding cakes or anniversaries’ ones at the end of the first year. For now you need to learn the base of baking, to know how to choose ingredients and so. I won’t leave the University now just when I will be old, but I can open it from time and ask my students to help me.” He answered to Aoi and smiled seeing some food stands. “Let’s buy some snacks or even sandwiches Aoi. Is good to have fun when outside is so warm” he asked the boy and headed to the food stands followed by the boy.