Baking is love (private) robertita& sue werner (18+)

robertita

Aoi nodded his head as he went to arrange the table. He sat on his seat, across his teacher as the older male served the dinner. He tasted the chicken and smiled that it was not that spicy and just enough for him. "It's delicious..." he commented and blushed when his teacher praised him for cooking the perfect potatoes. "Thank you, Sensei," he mumbled, feeling it was so weird that in class, Seiji-sensei not wanting to see him and here, they were, being roommates. He ate his shared of dinner and took his plates to the sink to wash them. He then went to ask his teacher. "Um... Sensei, can I ask for your help?" he paused and added. "I want to learn how to bake a cake."

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robertita

• sue werner

“I’m glad you like my food. Tomorrow in afternoon we will go to do some shopping” he said and let the boy to wash the dishes. But he didn’t expect the next question so he took a deep breathe and answered “You can learn how to bake a cake at school. Here in my house I don’t do any classes. Also why do you want to be a baker when you have no talent on it? From two cakes this morning you burnt one and put salt instead of sugar in the other one. As you know I give you one - the worse mark ever”. Seiji looked at the boy waiting an explanation.

"Okay," Aoi mumbled the rpely and kept washing the dishes. He was stunned when his teacher asked him why he wanted to be a baker? He finished washing the dishes and put it on the rack to dry it. He turned around and meet with his teacher eyes. "Well..." he started hesitantly, before continuing with his words. "Actually, it's always been my dream to be a patisserie since I was in high school. I love eating cakes, pastries and sweets, and I find that the design and the decorations are so beautiful and plus, the delicious taste the patisserie produces somehow, drives me to be a one of them. The cakes, the pastries are the food from heaven. I mean who won't like them!" his eyes filled with dream and sparkles as he talked about his favorite subject. He stopped speaking and blushed when he realized he had began to babble. He scratched the back of his head embarrassed and muttered a quick apology. "Sorry, I kind of babbling there..."

“No you don’t. You have a wonderful dream. It’s normal to have dreams and to fulfill them.” Seiji answered and then he stayed silent. “I never heard anyone before speaking like this about baking. Not even me when I decided to follow the college I had these thoughts about it. This boy has such a passion for it but not talent” he thought and after a while he said loudly “Time to retire. I will see you in the morning. I usually go by bus at university so we can go together” then he waved his hand as bye. Back to his room he didn’t feel tired so he just turned on the TV. After a while he felt the smell of the cake in the air. “Is he baking at this hour?

"Ahaha... thank you, Sensei," Aoi blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. "Okay, I'll wake up early tomorrow!" He nodded at his teacher and stayed at the kitchen as he watched Seiji-sensei leaving the kitchen. He grinned to himself and looked over the room, he spotted an oven there and his grin grew wider. He took a recipe book from his room before he went back to kitchen. There, he started with his new project and began to prepare the ingredients based on the recipe, this time he wouldn't fail. He followed steps, one by one. After half an hour or so, he finally finished the batter and put it into the cake mould and then, into oven. He smiled to himself and sat down, satisfied. He really hoped that Seiji-sensei wouldn't smell the cake. "I hope this is delicious," he spoke to himself as the 'ting' of the oven indicated the cake was ready. He grabbed the heat gloves and took out the cake. It smelt so good!

Seiji turned off his TV and left his room trying not to be noisy. Once he was on kitchen’s door his student was taking out a cake from the oven. And for his surprise he smelt well and the colour was perfect too.”Why are you baking at this hour?” he asked the boy as he entered on the kitchen. “The cake looks fine this time. Let me prepare the cream” he said and took the milk out of the fridge. After 30 minutes the cake was ready so Seiji took his cake plates and the teaspoons from a drawer. “You made it so you should cut it” he said as he gave Aoi the special knife for cakes. He was so curious if it tasted good.

“Ah, Sensei!” Aoi jumped in surprise. He looked behind him and saw his teacher’s curious face. He laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry, Sensei, I just want to try baking…” he said, guilty a bit since he didn’t ask for his teacher’s permission. “Okay,” he said as he saw Seiji-sensei expertly making the cream for the decoration. He aww’ed and wondered how professional Seiji –sensei could be. He nodded, happy and grabbed the knife from his teacher, “Okay.” He carefully cut the cake into two slices and gave each to himself and his teacher. He looked expectantly at the older male, wanting him to taste his cake first.

Seiji took a little from his cake hoping it won’t be salty again. But he got a surprise- that was the best cake he tried that day. “It’s tasty. I really like it. You deserve a 5 for it. Where is the recipe? I want to see it” he asked and kept eating the cake. He really couldn’t believe that his clumsy student was able to bake such a perfect cake. After he received the recipe he read it and smiled. “Perfect. I will write it on my notebook and tomorrow all from your year will bake it. Tomorrow morning I have my first classes with you” he explained and as he finished the cake he started to copy the recipe on his little notebook what was in his pocket all time.

Aoi's eyes went wide in disbelief and happiness when Seiji praised his hardwork. "Really? Thank you, Sensei!" he said enthusiastically and ate his portion. His eyes widened again and he quickly finished his piece of cake in a minute. He laughed happily, still couldn't believe it that he had finally able to bake a cake. He gave the recipe to the teacher and went for another slice. "Okay, Sensei~" he mumbled in between chewing the cake and nodded his head. He was too far into eating and joy with his success to hear the words. He just let the teacher copy and added another slice, he could never get boring eating cake. After the third slices, he finally had enough and smiled. "Are you going to eat this sensei? If not I'll put the rest into the fridge. It's late and I'm quite sleepy."

Seiji put his notebook back in his pocket when he finished to copy the recipe and smiled. “You can take it back and thank you. Don’t forget tomorrow to have the recipe on you.” he said and yawned. “I don’t want anymore cake. It’s very sweet. I eat enough for today. We will eat the rest tomorrow. Night night. Sweet dreams” he wished to the boy as he left the kitchen. He headed to his bathroom to brush his teeth, to have a shower and to change into his pyjama. Once he finished he went back to his room and jumped on bed. It was a long day for him so he closed his eyes and fell asleep. The alarm woke him up in the morning. He was ready for a new day.

Aoi grinned and nodded. "Okay, sensei and thank you too!" he said as he went to put the cake while wondering why did Seiji-sensei choose bakery if he didn't like sweet that much. "Night, Sensei and... sweet dreams..." he hesitantly replied the last two words as he watched the teacher walked to the bathroom. He frowned and shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to think more about it. After putting it in the fridge, the boy waited for his teacher to come out of the bathroom before he went in to do his daily routine. After that, he went to his room and instantly fell asleep. He was really tired from going late to university, moving out of his friend's house and baking cakes that he didn't hear the alarm was blaring for him to wake up.

After his morning routine Seiji went to kitchen to prepare the breakfast. Seeing the boy wasn't out yet but his alarm rang twice he decided to go and woke him up. "Aoi is time to wake up or you will get late again. The first class is with me again. I advertise you what will happen if you came late" he said shaking other's should. The boy finally woke up so Seiji went back to kitchen. "Breakfast will be ready in 30 minutes" he yelled knowing the student will hear him. He prepared his bento for break too and prepared one for Aoi too. He put the fried eggs and the bacon on plates and waited for the boy to show up.

Aoi groggily opened his eyes as he felt his shoulders being shaked. He squinted his eyes and saw his teacher. "Sensei?" he mumbled sleepily and gasped as he looked at the alarm clock. He quickly threw the blanket away and went to grab towel and went to do his morning routine. After finished, he entered his room to grab some books, files, wallet, keys, phone and stuffed it all into his bag. He went out and closed his door, heading to the kitchen. He saw the older male already sitting there and he apologized. "Sorry, Sensei and thank you for waking me up..." he said sheepishly and again, feeling guilty since his teacher had to do everything for him. He ate his breakfast and muttered a thank you and went to wash the dirty dishes. He grabbed his bag and walked to the front door, waiting for his teacher to walk to school together.

“Didn’t you forget something?” Seiji said as he took his bag and a bento on his hand. “I made this for you. You will need it for your break. After studying so much you will be hungry for sure“ he explained and smiled. Soon they were on their way to the bus station. “Bus no 3 is the one that will let you in front of University” Seiji said as they took the bus. In 20 minutes they arrive at the University and they split. Seiji went to his assistant room and explain to him what ingredients to prepare for his first class and also gave him the recipe to write on board how to bake the cake. After chatting with the rest of teachers about the coming festival he went to his class. All students were there and Seiji smiled “Would you exchange your place with Aoi?” he asked a student “I want him here on the first oven to be sure he won’t burn anything again”.

“Ah! Sorry, Sensei and thank you!” he went to take his bento and blushed, the teacher smiled at him. It was unbelievable that Seiji-sensei just disliked him yesterday and now, they were all good. He walked with the older male to the bus station and together they rode to the University. He quickly went to his first class which was Seiji-sensei’s baking class and couldn’t help but be happy. It was his favorite subject after all! "Uh, me?" Aoi blinked his eyes as his teacher asked for another student to change seat with him, he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed and went there. He looked pointedly at his teacher and grinned. Well, today they were going to bake the cake he had baked last night and it would be good. He was full of confident today that he would manage it. He didn't forget to bring the recipe with him and he had already prepared all the ingredients on the table.

“You have 2 hours to bake the cake. You have the recipe on board. Once you finish write your name on the cake with cream. After that bring the cakes to me and are free to go. For tomorrow I want all of you to think on a dessert with fruits.” Seiji explained and the class started. He walked around checking the students and paid a special attention to Aoi. For his surprise the boy baked a perfect cake as the day before and was ready to decorate it. He finished first and was ready to go but Seiji stopped him “Aoi you can’t go yet. You need to clean the room after everyone leave. It’s your punishment for getting late yesterday.”

Aoi nodded his head, understood. He smiled and was sure that today was agreat day to bake a cake. He would follow what he had done yesterday and for the second time in his entire life, he managed to bake the cake. He couldn't believe it but be happy and started to decorate his cake. He smiled and looked around the class, happy that he was the first person to finish it. He sent it to the front where Seiji-sensei was but dissapointed that he had to clean the whole classroom and there went his extra time to go eat at the cafeteria. He sighed and walked back to his seat and looked around him, fiddling with his fingers. Finally, it was time for the last student to leave and he said to the teacher, "Sensei, can I start now? i don't want to be late for my next class." he said and waited for permission before he started to clean the room. He thought, 'I was thinking too good of Seiji-sensei. I guess, he still mad that i came in late yesterday class...' he sighed and began sweeping the floor.

"Idiot. Let that. I actually ask you to stay because I want you to help me taste the cakes. Your next class is with me. Matsu-sensei is sick and asked me to keep his classes. His assistant will send all your class mates here after the break” Seiji explained and laughed. “Did you really thought I will let you clean? Come here. I will explain what I plan to do: When all students will be back I will give all of you a slice of cake and you will need to give the cake you taste a mark - from 1 to 5. Now cut from every cake a slice, I will taste it and give a mark to each student. Once I will taste all, you will cut another slice from each cake and put it on those plates from there. On the bottom of each plate we will put a label with the name of the student who bakes the cake. After we will finish we can have our bento. “

Aoi stopped doing his sweeping and looked at his teacher dumbfounded. He tilted his head to the side as he tried to understand the situation. "Helping Sensei? Eh? So, my next class is here too?" he asked and put the broom in the closet and walked to the front where the teacher's table was. He stood there as he listened to his teacher's explanation. "So, you just want me to cut the cake..." his eyes sparkled at the thought of not doing the punishment. He smiled widely and nodded his head eagerly. "Okay, I'll help you and then we can have lunch!" he said and began to cut the cake just like what his teacher instructed. Soon, enough all of the cake was cut into slices and was ready to put in the plate. He just had to waited for Seiji-sensei to finish marking the cake. Aoi looked expectently at his teacher, wondering, how much would he get today? "What is my mark, Sensei?"

“I give your mark last night didn’t I?” Seiji asked and smiled. Aoi cake was the best so he gave him the best mark. He was the only student from first year who had such big mark. After he looked one more time to the student’s list and checked if he tasted all the cakes, Seiji nodded. “All done. Let’s eat now. Soon the break will be over”. He took his bento out of his bag and open it “After so much sweet cake my food will have a strange taste but I’m used with it.” he explained and he heard a knock on door “Seiji-sensei are you here?” Seiji let his bento on the table and headed to the door. “What happened Sen?” Sen bowed seeing the serious face of Sensei “Would you held Matsu-sensei class here or in his class room?” his assistant asked. “Here. Be sure the students are here in 10 minutes. You are free for today” he replied and came back to finish his meal.

Aoi couldn't believe it, he thought what Seiji-senseisaid last night was just a lie. He brimmed with happiness as he took his bento and began eating his lunch. He looked up at the door when the door was knocked by someone, he saw the teacher walked and told that the class would being held in the cooking class. He grinned to himself since he was super happy today! He still had a hard time to believe he got the highest mark. He finished his bento and put it back in the bag, while he was waiting for the other students to arrive. He wouldn't want them to catch that he and their baking teacher had the same bento boxes. That would certainly raise a suspicion.

"Ne, Sensei... why did you choose baking as your course?" he asked as he seated on his chair, while looking at the teacher curiously.

“My assistant is so clumsy. I told him clearly to bring the students here and now he comes to ask me again” he laughed and added “Have you seen his scared face? If I’m gentle with him he won’t do anything”. Seiji stopped laughing when he heard Aoi’s question “You are a curious boy, aren’t you? I choose it just because I love to bake, seeing people happy after they eat my cakes or cookies it’s a huge satisfaction.” He went to his desk as the noises outside grew bigger, sign the students were coming. After everyone was there, he explained to them what they have to do. “Think well what mark the cake you taste will receive. It’s essential to understand how bakery works, the quality of a cake it’s very important. Come on, choose one plate from here” he invited the students. What they didn’t know, was that on one plate there was a slice of cake that he bake it last night when Aoi was sleeping. And coincidence or not, Aoi chose his slice of cake.

Aoi just stared at his teacher with sparkled eyes. Seiji-sensei just like him. He was so happy that they shared the same passion for baking and indeed, seeing people happy after eating the cakes was the best expression one could get. He nodded his head in excitement, “I do too! But, I like eating cakes more!” He kept his eyes at the door and soon enough, the students entered the class. He listened to his teacher about what he had said before they entered. He walked to the front and just randomly picked the cake that looked the best from out of those cakes. He then walked back to his chair and took a first taste. What he didn’t expect was… that cake was very delicious! He had never eaten the cake this best. He looked around, to find which student baked the cake before he remembered that the name was put at the back of the plate. Eating the cake until there was no more, he quickly looked behind the plate and gasped. He looked over at his baking teacher. “Sensei, why did your name on my plate?”

“Aoi give a mark to the cake. Did I tell you to look who bakes the cake yet? Stop asking so many questions” Seiji almost yelled at him. He took some papers and give to each student. “Here you have the criteria for the mark. You need to evaluate how the cake looks, how it smells, how it tastes… Think well at the mark you give. Only after that you can check the name of the person who bakes the cake. Each one of you will say the mark he gave and to whom and I will say what mark I gave to that person for the cake” Seiji explained and smiled passing through them. Once the students finished he went to his desk. “Ok. Let’s start. Aoi you are first. As you already said you tasted my cake. What mark I receive for it?”

Aoi instantly shut his mouth, he smiled sheepishly as his classmate looked at him with weird looks. He bashfully sat down and tried to be as small as ever. He heard Seiji-sensei gave the instruction to the students and he just listened to it carefully. He already knew what mark he should give his teacher. After all, that was the best cake he had even tasted. He was interrupted from his musing when Seiji -sensei called for his name. he blinked a few times before he realized that the teacher was asking for his mark. He stood from his seat and said confidently. "5, sensei!" he said and was piqued how much mark, he would receive from his classmate.