Courting Disaster (syaoran-puu & themasterdances) {{Private - PG18+}}

syaoran-puu

The younger prince flinched slightly when the other jerked his hand away. His heart sank at the loss of it. He could see Drashi going hard and distant again, shutting down and pulling away, and once more Faolan didn't know why he seemed to keep causing this reaction. He hadn't been trying to hurt the other in any way. He tried to cycle back through what he'd said that could cause such an abrupt change in the other. He should have found a different way to say it.. to explain that he was just confused and stirred up, or how much he thought he might already like Drashi, but that he didn't want the other to make decisions based on a situation manufactured by their parents.

He furrowed his brow, confused and worried, “You haven't disturbed me. I wasn't trying to say you had.” He curled in on himself, reminded of how he'd felt this morning when Drashi had woken up, accused of running, and too wound up in his own feelings to know what to do. He could not begin to properly explain himself if he looked at Drashi and saw only ice. He shouldn't have trusted that reassuring smile from only moments ago. He should have said nothing.

drashi made it quite clear he no longer wanted Faolan around. He had wanted to spend the day with Drashi.. To show the other around, and help him settle into the castle. He closed his eyes, shifting physically away from the other in his chair. “As you like, Prince Drashi.” Under his breath he added, “I'm sure there are others who would rather receive my attentions too.”

He pulled his legs up from under the table, so he sat in his chair completely curled into a ball, chin rested on his knees. He did not care that it looked very childish, and was not at all the proper way for a noble prince to sit or handle a disagreement. He didn't look at the other as he said, “Have fun then.” Drashi could spend the day however he liked by himself!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• syaoran-puu

• themasterdances

Faolan's words might have reassured him if he hadn't closed himself off, near ignoring the other. He saw movement in the corner of his eye but refused to look, refused to cave.... even as his dragon scratched and whimpered within him, desperately trying to reach the man beside him, to sooth the pain and hurt it felt.... but what about Drashi's pain? Would he always simply be dismissed so easily by everyone?

"You haven't disturbed me. I wasn't trying to say you had."

"Perhaps not. Just that I have simply been forced upon you." He said, his tone wavering a little but he didn't look... even as Kieko and several of the others seemed to be suddenly very interested in their table. He kept his voice down, though he doubted it would do much good, as he mulled things over. Did Faolan see their time as closer to rape than consensual? Even if it hadn't been Drashi who had removed the others choice.... was he just as guilty for following through?

Okay... it was more than possible he was overreacting! But the problem with that was it was hard to back down, especially when your pride was involved... and Drashi's was fully invested!

Unable to hold off for long when the other returned to formality and muttered something that perhaps a normal human might have missed, Drashi couldn't help but snap his attentions back to him. He had been all but ready to rip the guy a new arsehole.... but what he saw gave him pause.

He tilted his head, rather like a curious cat. His expression shifting.

The other prince was curled up in a ball... was that.... a normal reaction? He quirked a brow, the skin on his back rippling and threatening to shift as his dragon tried to take control. He was pretty sure that scales had even dared to appear under the safety of his robe before once more fading to flesh. "Have fun then."

Being dismissed then?

"Hmmmmmm......." He hummed, making a rather hasty decision (and very stupid!), even if it wasn't completely his own with his dragon riding him hard. He reached forward and tossed the other Prince over his shoulder before standing. "......." He didn't talk, just headed back to where he would hopefully find their rooms...... his rooms..... who the hell knew anymore?!

Of course, things didn't go well..... and not only did he find himself face to face with two very pissed off looking guards, but down a corridor he really didn't recognise. Lost. Fantastic! Way to make an impression!

His dragon flared it's nostrils, and uncaring if they transferred to his human form, he faced off against the two as he carefully lowered Faolan to his feet and drew his sword. He held it low, no real tension or threat in his grip though the statement clear I will defend myself. He made no further moves however.

"I believe there has been a misunderstanding gentlemen. Why don't you go on your way... I'm sure you have more important things than to worry about a silly squabble between my husband and I." Once more he made sure to lay his accent on thick. Emphasising the endearment, even though he was sure no one present would be thrilled by it. His dragon rippled with excitement, the slight flicker of darker blue with gold edging shining in his eyes as Drashi grinned, practically spoiling for the fight he anticipated..

“No more or less than I am forced upon you. You know that.” Did Drashi think he was accusing him of rape? If anything he felt that the other prince had taken a fearful event and turned it into comfort and pleasure. There were now soothing touches now, though.

There was nothing to do now but wait for Drashi to leave. He wasn't sure what he'd do once he was on his own. Perhaps endure the discomfort of going for a ride after all, just to get away from the castle and everyone in it. He could go to his room, but staying into the castle at all would feel claustrophobic now.

The world shifted, and he made a startled noise as he was tossed over Drashi's shoulder. Curse that man for being taller than him! “What are you doing?!” What was Drashi doing? Where were they even going? He wondered, startled and a bit worried as the other carried them away down a hall. "Let me down right now!" He kicked his legs, struggling to get out of the other's grip so he could be put down.

And then he was allowed to slide down onto his feet. He blinked up at Drashi, before turning to see the guards with a wince. Gods damn it, they were one misplaced blade away from an international incident. He narrowed his eyes up at Drashi's words, but turned to the guards in appeasement, “I-I really am fine. I'm sorry my wife made a scene.”

Tension broiled through the two guards, not at all lessened by a drawn sword. No one wanted to upset things with Draconia, but that didn't mean their prince could behave however he liked! Manhandling the Mingan prince was a considerable step out of line. The shorter of the two guards did not look particularly convinced by either prince. His sharp gaze turned to Drashi, and in a harsh voice said, “Then take this as a lesson for future squabbles, do not lay your hands on Prince Faolan in this manner again.” Neither guard budged, and it didn't look much like they were going to until they believed things had calmed down.

Drashi ignored the kicking and flailing, the temptation had been high to slap the guy on the arse. He did resist however.

Not having much time anyway until the scene changed.

He was completely surprised by the other Princes words, and he was both annoyed and pleased in equal measures. "I-I really am fine. I'm sorry my wife made a scene."

He huffed, but didn't pay Faolan much attention as he watched the other too. The dragon rising to the surface. Footsteps behind him informed him that Sapphire was close, the familiar aura almost a reassuring caress against his own. Still, he didn't look away. "Or what?" He asked with a quirked brow.

"I find it amusing that you dare to lecture me. My husband is more than welcome to toss me over his shoulder if he so wishes, he is even welcome to complain about my treatment of him, as his wife..." He looked at the other Prince and smirked amused before looking at the guards once more. "I will touch my husband as I please. And if you do not agree...." He held up his free sword hand and wiggled two fingers in a universal sign of 'come hither'. "....then change my mind."

He smirked, his skin feeling itchy. "I dare you."

"Prince Drashi." The familiar voice of his friend and servant interrupted. "This would not be a true contest. Please consider your actions."

Drashi knew it was true, while the guards might think it was two against one that made it unfair, it was more that Drashi was a dragon. Drashi was almost more than aware that he was meant to be here under diplomatic relations...... and this was not how to achieve that and become part of this world. But he also wanted Faolan to see.... something!

With a smile he glanced at Sapphire then back and smirked. "Don't look so serious." He bowed, tipping his head slightly. "I will take your words under advisement. I can assure you that I had no intention of harming the Mingan Prince, and I never will.... however, I would be more than happy to spar with you later. Right now.... I have a private conversation to have with the Mingan Prince. I am sure you will understand." His eyes narrowed. "You are not invited."

Faolan positively fumed. “I will be touch as and when I please, thank you very much.” He had never wanted to give someone a swift kick to the shins so much in his life. He was surprised when he looked to see who the new voice of reason was, it was one of Drashi's own servants. Sapphire, if he remembered correctly. He felt a bit of relief that the other was bold enough to speak out, and hoped Drashi would listen to reason from someone he was familiar with.

The shorter guard practically vibrated with animosity. Or what?! Or he'd gut the man himself! Despite the violent thought, he contained himself. He jerked forward at the other's dare, only to have the larger guard rest a calming hand upon his shoulder. He settled for growling, “You need a lot more than a lecture.”

The guards spared a glance towards the Draconian servant, and back to Drashi. At least someone had some sense. The larger guard squeezed his partner's shoulder warningly, and smiled, “We mean no disrespect yer highness, but we wouldn't like ta go anywhere until yer sword is put away, and our prince agrees ta it.” He had a drawling, kind voice, though he was obviously no happier about things than his short companion. He dropped his gaze to prince Faolan, offering, “If ya'd like ta come wit us, Prince Faolan, ya can discuss things with yer husband at a later time.”

Faolan crossed his arms over his chest, and gave Drashi a particularly unhappy look. He wasn't much in the mood to speak privately with the other, but as he glanced back at the guards, he eased a bit. It was kind of them to worry, but he felt more annoyed by Drashi than threatened. It wouldn't be good for the pair if they got into a row with a foreign prince. “I'll stay. I promise, I'm alright with it.”

The short guard frowned all the harder, but the big one gave and easy shrug. “We'll be near by if ya need us.”

Drashi was fuming. Worst! His skin continued to itch as if there was electric current running under his skin. It tingled and irritated, only adding fuel to this ridiculous day.

Between the guards and Faolan, Drashi wanted to hit something so bad it was a miracle he resisted. Slowly he replaced the blade, shrugging as if he didn't care, though the tense muscles of his neck and upper back belied his attempt at a calm exterior.

"Perhaps you would feel better at taking it too? Just like so much has already been taken from me." He stated plainly, a slight glare in his eyes as he looked at the guard of reason. Drashi chose to ignore the smaller one, knowing he would happily eat him right now simply for the disrespect! Still, Drashi would never give up his blade, despite what his venomous words suggested.

Slowly he was losing everything.

All of his game plans crumbling around him after an impulsive move made by his dragon's instincts.

His mate hated him.

He had drawn his sword in defense only to have it misread as attack.

His friend was mad at him.

Relations with this country were hanging in the balance.

Rumours would circulate, soon he would become the most hated Draconian Prince to ever leave his lands.

His calm was utterly shredded.

He was alone in this strange place. No allies or friends to depend on.

He had no purpose here.

....and had he mentioned.... his mate hated him.

His dragon was not pleased at the prospect.

What was the point in fighting when he had nothing to fight for? When he was practically ignored by the guards and overlooked Drashi simply stood silently. He didn't relax even when the guards made a slow retreat, and he knew they would indeed stay close. Mind your tongue Drashi.

He glanced towards Sapphire and inclined his head. "Perhaps it would be best I retired to my rooms." He didn't speak to Faolan, didn't even dare look at him in fear of having his resolve shattered.

There were no words he could say right now that would fix what had happened. He needed time to think, and though he doubted he would get it, he could see a bad situation turning even worst very quickly!

Sapphire bowed, a worried look crossing his face that Drashi didn't miss. "As you wish Prince Drashi. I will ensure food and refreshments are brought to your chambers. Is there anything else?"

Drashi knew it for the veiled question it was. He shook his head though. Knowing he could control.... mostly.... him self for a little while longer at least.

Faolan watched the other carefully, listening to the guards retreat. For all they meant well, he suspected they might have done more to escalate the situation than help it. At least things seemed to be calming down once again. He hoped Drashi was calmer, he really couldn't imagine what was going through the other's head. It could have been worse though.

He realized as Drashi and Saphire spoke, that he was being ignored. It felt a bit like whiplash. Drashi had made it painfully clear he didn't want Faolan around at breakfast, and then suddenly he'd been thrown over the other's shoulder and carried off against his will. Now he was being abandoned all over again. He covered his face with his hands, increasingly at a loss for what to do. He felt frustrated and hurt, but he didn't wish to make things worse. If Drashi was angry with him, was it better to say nothing and not risk inadvertently antagonizing the other?

He hadn't particularly wanted to have a private conversation, but he was feeling terribly off balance now that Drashi wouldn't so much as look at him. He dropped his hand, and in a very quiet voice, offered, “Your rooms are the other way down the corridor, then right until the end of the hall, and right again. It should look familiar from there.” He wasn't sure Drashi needed directions, but he had needed to say something.

“I'll just... leave you too it?”

Drashi didn't dare look at Faolan, even if it was a rather shitty thing to do... he just.... couldn't! Gulping softly he inclined his head a little. "Thank you for the information." He said on whispered breath, his eyes looking at Sapphire and not hiding the pain his heart currently felt. Agony rippled just under his skin.

"Have a good day Prince Faolan. I am sure we will see each other at evening meal." Then he walked away, ignoring the worried look Sapphire gave him. He knew his servant would follow him. He always did.

Sapphire hesitated for a moment, worrying his bottom lip before looking at Faolan, rather nervously. He knew that he shouldn't overstep.... but if this guy really was Drashi's mate.... well, he couldn't leave things as they stood. "I apologise for my masters rudeness. Please do not hold it against him or think any less of him. Prince Drashi is one of the kindest men I know, but he is stubborn and easily hurt even if he tries very hard to hide it." He paused for a moment. Then added. "I am but a humble servant, here to serve you as well as my master.... and while I know it is not my place.... I wish to see both you and Prince Drashi happy. Please consider things." He then bowed low and followed with quick steps after his master.

Drashi found the corridor he needed easier with Faolan's directions, and with a sigh entered his room. And yes, there was no mistake.... while these rooms were intended for him and Faolan to share, he was under no delusions that he would be the one staying here alone. Removing his blade and scabbard he tossed it to the ground, anger and hurt filling him.

The door opened and closed behind him, and Drashi knew without looking that it was Sapphire.

"Drashi....." The other said in surprise, dropping the formality now that they were alone. "I know this must be hard---"

Before another word could spill from the others mouth he turned and growled. "You know? Really? I doubt you know Sapphire. You have yet to find your mate.... and need I remind you that mine does not want me! The one person in the whole world who is meant to be by my side forever can not stand to be in my sight for a single second! Feels our relations are nothing more than a forced upon agreement... and that I should not let myself be hindered in any way while finding a more suitable interest within the court!"

Sapphire's eyes widened slightly with each words but he just bent down and picked up the sword. "Perhaps we should duel your highness? Clear your head."

Drashi quirked a brow. "Does my head really need clearing?" He questioned.

"Yes Drashi." The other stared at him, "I think it does."

Drashi watched as Sapphire brought him his sword, holding it out in all its honour. His fingers ran over the perfect hilt and his chest constricted. "He does not want me Sapphire." He said quietly, repeating his greatest fear.

"I do not think that is so Drashi. I saw a man that was equally confused and hurt, one that wasn't sure what he wanted. Perhaps a moment to think after everything happened so fast will be beneficial to you both? I did however, have a servant show me to the training grounds yesterday. I would be happy to show you and spar with you M'Lord."

Drashi approached his servant, cupping his cheek softly and looking in to his eyes. "Why could you have not been my mate? Things would have been so much easier."

Sapphire placed a hand over Drashi's squeezing it a moment before pulling it away ad smiling. "Because I am not the one your heart beats for, nor you mine. He is it for you. And you know that."

Drashi did.... that was why this hurt so much! "Very well. Take me to the training grounds." He smiled, "Please." He took his sword back and followed Sapphire.

Less than ten minutes later the pair were moving like air and water around each other. Strike after strike struck, metal rang out in the air around them adding an almost musical ding to their fight. Their movements almost dance like and ever so graceful. Spins and moves design to trip the other. Spins, thrusts and retreats. Over and over again. Both used real swords, but despite this not a single blow landed. They had both been trained together, Drashi having insisted that Sapphire learn to as a child. They were well matched.

Quite a crowd was forming, and several people would shout and cheer for either one of them at any given moment.... but Drashi ignored them all... what the hell was he going to do about Faolan!??!

“Until then...” Faolan replied hesitantly as the other walked away.

He turned from staring after the other to Saphire. “I don't think less of him. I just...” He shook his head, sentence unfinished. He'd experienced for himself how kind Drashi could be, and he knew he'd done or said something to set the other off. He took a deep breath, and nodded to Saphire as the other bowed. “Thank you for your words, and for helping earlier.”

He was grateful when he was finally alone in the hall. He leaned back against a wall, shut his eyes, and tried not to feel like someone was slowly pulling at him until he came unraveled. What am I supposed to do? I keep upsetting him... maybe he just inherently dislikes me, and he doesn't know how to handle that when we're stuck together for the rest of our lives. He shuddered. That would be awful. Drashi might hate him or even just find him irritating, and all those kind smiles and gentle touches were just forced.

He needed to clear his head! If he kept thinking like this he would just make things out to be worse and worse. He hurried down the hall, carefully avoiding making eye contact with any of the curious glances from the nobles that'd been nearby. He all but ran to the royal stables, anxious to get away from the oppressive walls of the castle and out into the forest.

He felt calmer the moment he stepped into the stables. “Hey pretty girl~” He cooed when he reached a fawn colored horse, slight and quick, perfect for making a speedy escape from home when he needed it. “Time to go for a ride, Peaches. I'd rather ride you than some silly Draconian horses anyway. I bet your faster.” He praised as he checked her hooves, and saddled her.

The sparring continued until both Sapphire and Drashi were covered in sweat and panting lightly with every move.

"PRINCE DRASHI!"

Drashi's concentration slipped for a moment when a frantic female voice called him again and again. He hesitated, shifted a little, just as Sapphire struck. Though Drashi managed to move some, the blade still sliced him lightly across the cheek. A line soon beading with blood. Automatically his hand rose to cover it as turned fully towards the speaker.

"Your highness!" Sapphire whispered in distress, but Drashi just dismissed him with a wave of his hand as the voice moved closer.

Singh? What did she want with him? "Prince Drashi!" She panted, working her way through the crowd until she was right upon him. She cupped his face, looking worried even as she wiped the blood from his cheek, though it made it worst when it smudged. "I need your help. Please." She lowered her voice and whispered, "I can not find my brother. Father forbade him from leaving.... and I know there are...I mean he wouldn't..... I...." Drashi was slightly amused at how anxious she appeared.... until she spoke once more. An icy dread filling him. "I wasn't overly worried until I heard from the guards how you mishandled my brother, how he was upset.... I.... I can't find his horse."

Drashi glanced at Sapphire a moment then back at the now shaking female. "Calm yourself Lady Singh. If I am the cause of his disappearance, I will find him. The Draconian horses are the fastest anywhere. I will retrieve him. No matter how far he had wandered. I never meant to cause him distress."

Her face lightened. "Oh thank the heavens! You are sweet Prince Drashi!" She leaned up and kissed his cheek, whispering softly. "I also know you must have had your reasons.... I will listen to them another time perhaps?" Another kiss and she turned back to the crowd, hands on her hips as she grinned. "Now shoo! The lot of you. My dear brother-in-law has better things to do than entertain you!" She teased, winking at Drashi before setting off again.

"They were amazing!" Called one.

"I want to learn that style!" Shouted another.

"Bloody show off if you ask me." Another grumbled.

Ignoring the crowd, Drashi turned. Looking at Sapphire he nodded. His servant grinned and nodded back. "I shall follow you anywhere your highness." And Drashi knew the other really meant it.

In the crowd Drashi could just make out the annoyed scowl of the smaller guard from earlier, he ignored him, too much to do.... as he headed with fast steps towards the stables, at least he had seen them on the way here! As expected his horses were together in their stable, they made him smile in their beauty. "Time to saddle up my beauties. We have my stray mate to find." Making quick work of the horses they set off after the freshest tracks, pushing the horses to run as fast as they could. Colours blended. Wind howled in their ears. But they didn't slow until a single rider appeared before them.

Everything in Drashi's heart told him it was Faolan! With a nod at Sapphire he raced after his wayward mate. Not a clue what he would say or do when he finally found him!

Any ache Faolan felt melted into the background of exhilaration as soon as he was clear enough of the castle to take his horse into a gallop. He raced down the path, fingers of wind pulling locks of hair free, and dancing chills up his arms.

He only slowed when he felt he must- he couldn't go too far and be able to get back to the castle with enough time before dinner to change. After the fiasco with Drashi, his mother had enough reasons to be vicious and biting without him showing up late and covered in dirt. Though perhaps showing up late and a mess would be more fun.

Those feelings of weightless freedom started to slip away when he heard hoof beats on quick approach. For a fleeting moment he considered taking off again, but he pushed the impulsive thought back. He turned, surprised when the figures on horseback grew close enough to recognize. The blonde blinked in confusion, and tightened his grip on the reigns. “Why are you here?” He asked when they were close enough, it came out more defensive than he'd have liked.

"Why are you here?" Drashi quirked a brow, he supposed he should be pleased that the guy hadn't just completely blanked him, even if he wasn't exactly being amiable either.

He shrugged lazily, pulling on Duke's reins so that he could shift closer, he was aware that Sapphire hung back but was watching. He wasn't sure what to say, the welcome was far from welcoming, a little defensive even.... yet he knew he couldn't just turn around either. Running a hand through the front of his hair before he hit the braid he simply observed the other. "Your sister is worried." He said honestly, perhaps a little distantly, but he didn't know how to close the gap.... even if he wanted to! And damn! He really wanted to!

"I volunteered.... something about you getting into trouble, and since it's likely all my fault...." He shrugged again, rather unsure of himself, which was not a feeling Drashi was used to.

He saw Sapphire roll his eyes but ignored the guy.... yeah Drashi was messing up! He knew that.... but he didn't know how to fix it.

Then something came to him, something he couldn't remember ever saying before with such earnest as he was about to. "I'm sorry. I never meant to embarrass you or start a scene.... if it helps, they all think you're far too good for the unruly Draconian beast." He half joked on a nervous chuckle.

Is she? Faolan wondered. Most likely Singh was more worried about their fight than about him taking a jaunt in the forest. He wondered what she was really thinking.. “How valiant of you. But as you can see, I'm fine. I'm sorry if my sister worried you, but I'm a grown man and I can take a ride into the forest if I like.” He huffed softly, adding, “You came to check on me, so consider yourself absolved of any fault.”

He hoped Drashi did was not here to convince him to return to the castle. Faolan had no intention of going back for quite a while.

The young prince blinked at Drashi, surprised by the earnest apology. He looked down for a moment, patting the side of Peach's neck, and letting his own nerves calm. If Drashi had come all the way out here to apologize, he need not be so defensive with the other. It was not exactly what he would have liked the other prince to apologize for, though. It did not sooth the hurt, frustration, or worry. Because Drashi seemed touchingly genuine, he managed a reassuring smile. “Trust me, they will assume I said something provoking to make you act that way.”

With a press of his knees he shifted Peaches, and urged her very slowly down the trail. He nodded his head so Drashi knew he could come along if he liked. It had the benefit of showing Drashi he wasn't being rejected, while also clearly signaling he wasn't heading back to the castle as of yet. “It wouldn't be the first time I said something wrong- though no ones ever thrown me over their shoulder before because of it.”

"Valiant indeed." He muttered under his breath sarcastically. Very sure that Faolan meant anything but..... and yeah, he probably deserved it!

Okay..... so it was clear Faolan wanted Drashi to go, and maybe if he had been anyone else he would have taken the hint, but a glance at Sapphire and the way he was pointing after Faolan told Drashi exactly what he knew already. He would go after him! Not because he was told to, but because he knew he wanted to with every cell of his body. Even if he silently wandered after him... after his mate.... he knew he would follow anywhere.

Moving his own horse into gear he followed slowly after him. "Admit that you loved it really?" He tried to joke, but it sounded extremely weak even to his ears. Yeah... totally smooth! Moron! "Well, perhaps that was not the best course of action." He admitted. "But well.... I...." Grunts, words escaping him for a moment as he decided to be brutally honest and with a burst of speed he positioned Duke to block the other horses path. "Be truthful Faolan, would you rather we had nothing to do with each other? That we simply have a political liaison of sorts? That I give my attentions to another as you suggested earlier?" He frowned a little, watching the guy closely. "Am I barking up the wrong tree trying to make something real with you?"

There.... his hand was shown, and now Drashi was bare and vulnerable.

He smiled quietly to himself- Drashi came off as so carefully put together, he liked hearing the other less sure of his words every now and again. But he did not want Drashi to worry, so he assured the other, “Really, it's alright.”

Faolan gave the reigns a little jerk, stopping Peaches, who gave a displeased shake of her head at having her path blocked by the other horse. The prince flustered at the sudden questions, “No, I...” He shook his head, confused, “You all but told me to stay away from you this morning! You seem to be the one that wants nothing to do with me.” He was so worried Drashi would confirm he really did want nothing to do with him, that he had to stare down at his hands holding the reigns. The jealous twist in his gut as the other brought up pursuing someone else did not help. “I-I wasn't saying I wanted you to do that. Just that you could...” He was so worked up, he could hardly stop the words from spilling from him as he informed the other, “If you must know, I'm quite infatuated with you!”

He winced, and quieted down considerably. In a much smaller voice he said, “We've known each other a day. I feel foolish..”

Had Drashi really all but told him to go away? He thought back and then frowned, mumbling more to himself than Faolan. "I thought you were sneaking out and leaving me.... like I was just a dirty little secret." Which hurt considering Drashi knew the truth, knew that Faolan meant so much more to him than just a husband.... the guy was his mate! He had been resigned to living in a loveless marriage, would have done so and been faithful, just as he had said he would. Drashi always kept his word if he could after all. Honour. Something hard to uphold but he really did try.

At the others admission a slow Cheshire Cat grin spread over his face, "You're infatuated with me?" He couldn't help but feel pleased, the dragon within him soothed and preening within the confinement of Drashi's skin.

"Aku kaya wong gemblung!" (I'm such a fool) He muttered to himself, taking a deep breath and looking up at the guy again and smiling a little. "I only got upset because I thought.... wrongly so it seems... that you were done with me, virgin or not, that you wanted nothing to do with me. And well... that rather wounded me because I find I rather like you." He shrugged, mumbling under his breath; "Mungkin malah luwih...." (maybe even more). Though he wasn't ready to admit that yet. But that was the way of mates. When you knew someone was perfect for you... well, you didn't hold back. Unfortunately he was very aware that Faolan wasn't a dragon and wouldn't understand.

"I fear a misunderstanding had taken place between us. For which I know I am mostly to blame." He glanced towards Sapphire who was chuckling and walking away... idiot. He smirked, it was a good job he loved his friend. Looking back at Faolan he said honestly and bluntly. "I would very much like to.... explore what we have between us. I do not wish for you to allow me to do anything with someone else." He tilted his head and said suddenly, "If that's okay with you?"

“No, at breakfast.” He shifted in the saddle, explaining, “We were supposed to spend the day together... And I suppose I said something wrong, and you didn't want me to go with you anymore.” His brow furrowed as he admitted, “I thought you must be forcing yourself to spend time with me, and you'd lost your patience.” Concerned it was bothering Drashi still, he added, “I wasn't ashamed or anything when I woke up with you. It was just.. terribly overwhelming.” He didn't think it was dirty, and half of the court would have assumed they slept with each other anyway so it didn't make much of a secret.

He blushed fiercely, at the way the other was smiling, but he nodded.

"I didn't.. I wasn't thinking that at all. I never meant to make you feel that way." How had he given Drashi the impression he wanted nothing to do with him? He bit his lip, worrying over his behavior since yesterday- he'd probably been standoffish... but it was hard not to be considering their situation. “If we'd just met normally.. without all this wedding nonsense, it wouldn't be half as confusing.”

He gave another shy nod, “I would like that.” He added a bit more sternly, “As long as it's not because of the marriage or the treaty.” It was bad enough they were doing things back to front. He glanced down the path, and was a bit relieved to see Saphire leaving them. Happy to have a little privacy, he urged Peaches to turn, and managed to get her a bit closer along side Drashi's horse. He stood up in the stirrups, leaning in, while giving Drashi's sleeve an encouraging tug so that the other might close the distance, “Could I have a kiss?”

"At breakfast?" He frowned and contemplated "You mean after you told me to go and find someone else if I wanted?" He shrugged, hoping the other saw that as the misunderstanding Drashi now did.... at least he hoped that was the case.

He rolled his eyes, "I do not force myself to do much for long." He said simply, "There are times it is a necessary evil... this is not one of them. If I had decided to keep this simply an arrangement of convenience... I would have. Do not mistake that I would have have tried to seduce you into my bed, I was honest about the reasons we had to. Beyond that though.... I would not have forced myself to do anything."

"True...." He chuckled, "...it would be less confusing. Though I doubt you would have looked at me." He said with a shrug, wondering if he would have looked at Faolan in such a situation either? They were thrust together.... but was it fate?

He considered for a moment, not ready to reveal the full truth, unable to even find the words. "It is not for the treaty that I am before you right now."

"Could I have a kiss?" He smiled at that, closing the last of the gap between them and allowing his lips to press against the others. It was the briefest of kisses before he piled back. Then he reached out with his hand and pulled the other back in more passionately. His fingers running through the strands of blonde hair, caressing gently even as his lips pressed firmly against the other, moving encouragingly, his tongue licking at the seam before wiggling into the warm cavern of the others mouth.

He deepened the kiss, hungry for more. Longing for everything.

His dragon growled approvingly and it took him a moment to realise that he had actually growled out loud this time! His skin itched and he was sure the skin on his back rippled, still he couldn't bring himself to break the kiss.

If you wanted.” He smiled a little sheepishly, “I would have been happy to hear then that you didn't.” Of course, looking at it now he could see what a foolish thing it was to say. Clearly they'd managed to rather thoroughly miss read each other since morning. Well, since they'd met. At least now they were on the same page.

“Good. There's enough coercion going on without either of us having to force ourselves.” He blinked, wondering what Drashi would have done differently if he'd wanted an arrangement of convenience instead. Regardless, Drashi had bedded him. What would it be like to sleep with Drashi without the weight of the treaty distorting things?

He arched both brows at the other, “You kind of stand out, Drashi. I'd be blind not to at least notice you.” He smiled, biting his lip just a bit suggestively, “Trust me, I'd have looked.” He didn't know if looking would have led to anything, but he was certain Drashi was someone he'd have noticed. He tilted his head, asking playfully, “You don't think you'd be attracted to me if someone else didn't point me out and say 'marry that one'?”

Faolan hummed pleasantly at the brief kiss, only to be pulled back in and met with a warmer one. His lips parted for the other, his tongue pushing playfully against the others, rather than give him free reign of his mouth.

The growl sent a shiver through Foalan, but he just pressed all the more enthusiastically into Drashi, delighting in letting the other kiss as deeply as he'd like. He grasped the front of the other's robe, and wished they weren't on horseback so he could lean more fully into the other prince. He whined softly, remembering the slide of skin against bare skin. He wanted Drashi so much.

Could it really have been that simple? Was it as simple as just saying 'that's not what I want?, would that have really prevented this whole situation? Drashi was aware that most of their misunderstandings stood on his shoulders, he had simply started off hot headed and continued that way it seemed... assuming that his mate would want nothing to do with him.

It seemed he was wrong.

Something Drashi was very pleased about!

He chuckles slightly at the idea that Faolan would have looked at him despite not being forced together. And as he looked at Faolan he had to admit, "I would have looked too...." Though he blushed a little and admitted. "Though perhaps I would have avoided you simply because royal entanglements tend to get messy." Yeah, he was a slight jerk... the fact was that Drashi hadn't exactly been lacking interest before, why go for a tougher conquest when appetising little butterflies continued to cross his path. Then again, he could also admit that he had started to grow bored of easy conquests.... maybe his father had seen that? He would have to ask one day.

The way Faolan responded to him was appealing. He loved that he could get such an eager reaction out of the guy.... but damn! Being on horseback made it a little difficult to really pull him close and take what he wanted. The guy wasn't making it easy either, wasn't simply granting Drashi access but making him work for it.

Pulling back with lust filled eyes he growled again under his breath. "Damn...." He muttered, releasing Faolan and caressing the nape of his own neck. "....I want to take you right here." He continued. "Too sexy for your own good." He took a steadying breath and looked at the guy, heat still lingering in his eyes. He doubted Faolan would let him take him here.... though the idea of exposing the guy and bending him over, leaning against a tree, as he took him hard and fast from behind. Yeah.... his dragon totally wanted that! Wanted their mate under him and submitting to him! Wanted to feel that tight little hole wrapped around them a silky glove!

Oh crap! He was hard as rock, his cock throbbing and beating with its own harsh tattoo. He pulled the reins of his horse causing Duke to stand up straight, but in reality he had simply needed to do something.... something other than jump off his horse, and pull Faolan off his.

Okay, so that lasted all of five minutes!

Within the next breath he was off his horse, his hands around Faolan's waist as he tugged gently. His head nuzzling the guys hip slightly... an almost purr like sound escaping him.

Faolan chuckled too, nuzzling at the other. “Of course. But you never can say what would happen.” Probably he would have avoided the other as well, purely for how popular Drashi surely was with the court. Too many options. That bit of doubt nagged at him, that the other prince could so easily choose someone else, and was only with him because Faolan had been literally set in front of him. He grasped the other's robe again, pulling him in for another heated kiss. He did not like these self doubting thoughts, perhaps he could get Drashi to kiss them away.

The young prince shivered, though he was anything but cold in Drashi's presence. The man's words just did something too him, winding him tighter and tighter into his own desires. They'd only been kissing, but he was panting softly, and his own eyes were blown out with lust. “So are you.” The distance between them was maddening! He wanted so much to be able to properly press himself against the other's body.

Drashi must have been thinking similarly, for a moment later he had dismounted, and was tugging Faolan encouragingly. “We can't..” The prince blushed, but couldn't really help himself from throwing a leg over Peaches and sliding down to meet the other. He wrapped his arms around Drashi, lifting onto his toes so he could press up into him just as he'd been wanting to do since they started kissing.

Faolan could feel Drashi hard between then, and shifted his hip so it rubbed against the other.

Drashi couldn't help but be pleased at Faolan's quietly spoken words; "So are you." Had sweeter words ever been spoken to him? Unlikely. People were rarely sweet to him without wanting something.... sex, titles, money, position, power.... did Faolan want something? They were on fairly equal footing since Drashi wanted Faolan too, had practically been the one to throw himself at the guy! So that didn't really count, did it?

Still he leaned in and stole the guys lips before answering. "We don't have to." He assured.... then nuzzled and caressed his cheek, his neck. "But I promise you'll like it. You can say stop at any time." He assured then paused and pulled back, frowning ever so slightly. "Are you still sore?" Given that the guy was on horseback he hadn't considered it, but the fact was he had mentioned tenderness only this morning and had been but a virgin last night....

....or was his protest for a different reason? A small smirk spread over his face, like a waning moon. "No one will see. I won't let them." And he meant that.

Faolan gave a breathless little laugh as he was nuzzled, “Oh, I know I'll like it. You've already demonstrated that quite well.” He nuzzled back, enjoying the way this seemed to slow things down a bit. He relaxed against the other, nodding at the reassurance that he could stop anytime. Drashi was so attentive when it came to this side of things, his concerns always seeped away. “Not much since my bath this morning. I can still feel that we did something, but I'm not in pain.”

He might be pushing it, really, but it was hard to be concerned about how he'd feel later, or gods help him, sitting through dinner later tonight, when in the hear and now he had Drashi and they were alone and both wanting.

He blushed redder, as Drashi hit a particular point of Faolan's protest. The forest was quite secluded, but people did come through here at times, and they were on a well worn path. “We have tie the horses up and go farther off the path. Well out of sight.” He leaned forward, pressing his face into Drashi's chest and inhaling a breath of the other. “If so, then we can... I want too.” Oh, he really really wanted too.

Drashi relaxed a little at the others reassurance, and he quickly wondered if he still had some oil in his saddle bag.... yeah, call him a player, but the oil was actually very useful for several things, including a quick repair on the leather saddle when such a thing was needed. The question was, did he have any? "I'm glad." He said, reaching to play with a strand of the guys hair for a moment. He loved the colour, he really did. Wrapping it around his fingers for a moment he moved to carefully tuck it behind the guys ear.

With a small chuckle he inclined his head. "Whatever you wish. We can tie them up and wander deeper into the forest. That's not a problem." Drashi knew his hearing was good enough that no one would get close enough to see anything of real interest. He would keep his word to the other prince. The only two who might be able to sneak up on him were Sapphire and Diamond. But he knew they wouldn't.

He pulled Faolan close for a moment, kissing him deeply and just enjoying holding him in his arms. Reluctantly, but aware that the real fun was still to be had, he moved away and grabbed Duke's reins, pulling him towards a nice shady tree to protect him and making quick work of the knots. He really did cherish his two horses after all. Checking his saddle bag, it took a few moments but finally he found what he wanted. In triumph he pulled it free and glanced at Faolan with a grin. "Looks like I have some oil after all." While saliva would do, it wasn't the best, especially if the guy was already hurting after last night.... they hadn't just gone at it once after all.

Anticipation of doing that again made his eyes droop heavy with lust and heat as he stepped closer to Faolan and pulled him tightly to him once more. The flush feel of the other blending so close to him made him growl under his breath in satisfaction, now that he acknowledged that Faolan was his mate it was getting harder and harder to hold his dragon at bay. "Come on mate, let's explore the forest and play a wicked, wicked game that only lovers can do." Drashi wasn't even focused enough to realise his slip with the word mate, in that moment he just wanted inside of the guy! Something his dragon was in full agreement for.....

....and so he turned to head deeper into the forest.

Faolan smiled up at the other prince, lost for a moment in such a sweet gentle gesture of Drashi curling a lock of his hair around a finger, and then tucking it behind his ear. He lifted a hand to stop Drashi from taking his hand away, pressing his cheek into the other's palm. “I wonder if you realize how wonderful you are?” He nuzzled the other's hand lovingly. Drashi had a way of filling his stomach with butterflies.

He nodded, managing to look more firmly decided. If he had been undecided, that kiss would have done him in anyway. This time he was compliant, letting the other kiss him as deeply as he'd like. Drashi's tongue in his mouth, and arms around his back was something he could get used to making a habit of. He did not want to let go when the other stepped back.

Taking Peaches' reigns, he followed suit. He laughed when she huffed air in his face, not at all happy about being lead somewhere to be tied up. She was expecting a good long jaunt in the forest! “Oh, don't be jealous.” He glanced back over his shoulder when Drashi informed him they had oil, and quickly flushed. “Um, good..” He hesitated, before asking, “What would we do if we didn't have oil?”

Faolan laughed when Drashi pulled him close again. He leaned up onto his toes, peppering Drashi's jaw with kisses. He made a breathless little sound at the other man's words, before nodding. Yes, wicked games sounded very good right now. The odd word choice didn't fall on deaf ears, but as Faolan didn't know what to make of it, he ignored it in favor of clinging to the other's arm, and trying to balance snuggling into the other and walking at the same time.

He glanced up at the other, and asked in the sort of innocent way that was not at all innocent, “How will you have me?”