Courting Disaster (syaoran-puu & themasterdances) {{Private - PG18+}}

syaoran-puu

Drashi chuckled, grinning rather proudly. No, they would certainly not need to lie, a good thing since a lie would be caught easily enough. Still, he was rather proud of himself for debauching the pretty man. Yet the thing that pleased him the most was the fact that Foalan felt safe if Drashi was there..... the mate pull effecting the other prince? Or perhaps he simply felt connected to Drashi based on what they had already revealed to each other? Either way he would happily accept it!

The grin remained on his face as Faolan's adorable reaction. How cute was this man! It was like he softened each and everyone of Drashi's tough and hard edges. The perfect accompaniment to his harsher personality. Faolan was a much gentler creature to him, then again, he didn't have a dragon lingering within his soul.

"Guess I'll have to work on my sneaking skills then.... I would hate to get you in to trouble or to upset the cook. Always a dangerous past time." He smiled and then touched the fine material of the kimono.

"You're welcome Prince Foalan, what is mine is yours. I simply hope you enjoy wearing it." He pulled it free and shook it out before opening it up. "Turn around please."

Drashi was quite happy to help Faolan dress, he didn't want the other prince to feel silly or foolish in wearing someone Drashi enjoyed.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• syaoran-puu

• themasterdances

“Sneaking is more fun~” Faolan hummed. He chuckled good naturedly, “She does have a temper. But I don't think she'll poison the soup just because you don't have a taste for sweets.” He hoped not anyway! As much as he liked the idea of extra dessert, people were bound to notice if he got chubby. But he was too skinny right now anyway, maybe a little extra dessert was good for him~

“As is mine to you, Prince Drashi.” He mimicked the other's formality playfully, giving a little boy (which felt extra silly to do while naked). He obediently turned away, holding his arms out slightly to make dressing easier. He'd been dressed, poked, prodded, and nitpicked by servants all his life. Letting Drashi dress him felt far.. gentler, and intimate than that. He didn't understand how something that had been routine and unpleasant took on new meaning in Drashi's presence. Even the meager kisses he'd shared with friends paled in comparison to even a peck from the other man.

“Are you nervous about dinner?” He asked, glancing over his shoulder at Drashi. He supposed the worst of meeting everyone had been covered at the wedding dinner, but a smaller group would mean a lot more attention would be centered on them.

• 1 month later...

"I hope not." He chuckled, not realising just how closely his words mimicked Foalan's unspoken thoughts. The idea of being poisoned by the cook was not appealing, especially since he had no control over it. Poison could kill him in strong enough doses, but thankful the dragon spirit would protect him from smaller ones.... mostly, he'd still feel sick and weak while it worked its way through his body. Which sucked.... seriously!

He shook the thoughts away, trying not to drool over Foalan's body as he turned around, revealing that silky smooth skin and pert little arse for his appraisal, he even noticed how his arse jiggled delightfully as he lifted his arms..... delicious! He would happily just eat his Prince instead of attending dinner! Maybe he should suggest it? Reluctantly he had to tell himself later, he couldn't miss this one. He was still an attraction, an oddity, a freak show to be observed and watched.... soon he would become old news. That day couldn't come fast enough!

Shaking the fabric once more, just for fun and because he was enjoying the view, he started to slip the arms into place. Done, he reached around and pulled the pieces over the other into position and tied them with talented fingers. He had done this so much on himself that as he stepped flush with the other man he had to wonder if he could do it in his sleep now. Probably. It certainly didn't feel any different sorting Foalan out. He spun him around and examined him closely, straightening a few things out and tucking him properly into place. "Perfect." He praised.

At the question he shrugged. "It is like any political meeting, I have attended too many to worry now." He smiled and tucked a strand of blond hair behind his lovers ear. "Don't worry about me. I'll survive anything they can throw at me." He leaned down and kissed him, deeply and passionately, nuzzling his ear and whispering, "Plus, I am not alone this time."

Pulling back he made sure that his own attire was all correct, that his hair was neat and tidy, or at least by Draconian standards, he wasn't sure they would approve of it being mostly down, just loosely tied in a single plait down his back. Tough, they needed to learn to accept him the way he was.

"Shall we enter the dragons den?" He winked.

Faolan let Drashi help him into the fine cloth, blushing as the other man stepped flush against him from behind. He leaned back into the other prince, watching curiously at the ease with which the other tied the complicated thing. He let out a surprised chuckle as he was suddenly spun around, but held appropriately still while the other adjusted things to his approval. A bright smile broke out at the other's approval. “Thank you.”

The young prince chuckled softly, “Are you always so confident?” Faolan was nervous, but if his family found Drashi half as charming as he did, they would be fine. Besides, he really did believe Drashi could handle just about anything. He tipped his head back, happily answering the kiss. He wanted to melt into that passion. He was blushing, and breathing a bit quickly when Drashi pulled back- what he wouldn't give to not have a dinner to get too. He smiled shyly at the whispered words. “For this dinner, and every other.”

He smiled as Drashi stepped away, watching the other get read for a moment, before turning his attention to his own dress. He smoothed his hands over the cloth, getting used to the way it felt and moved. He really did feel very pretty in the vibrant color. He went to fetch his hair pins, running his fingers through damp hair, before fixing it into a fishtail braid. After a brief hesitation, he tugged the sides of the braid, making it wide and fluffy, but leaving it down to hide the bruise.

“You look dashing.” He complemented, stepping up and hooking his arm with the other when he saw he'd finished getting ready. Faolan shook his head, smiling despite of himself at the wink, “If we must~” He headed for the doors, gently leading Drashi. This dinner would be in a different set of rooms to suit the more intimate nature.

He chuckled at that question, "No, but I usually appear so." He admits, and then winks, "Don't tell anyone though, deal? I have a reputation to uphold." Not that he really had a reputation here yet.... but soon, it wouldn't take long for it to happen. He'd rather be seen as arrogant than weak. Weakness was harder to overcome than a moment of weakness in an arrogant persona. Ridiculous, but that was the truth of it.

Drashi walked over to Faolan and and stroked his braid loosely. A small proud smirk spread over his face, and his dragon shone brightly in his eyes. "Hiding this huh?" He stroked the mark, only a dash of disappointment flooding him at not having Faolan show it off.... they'd talk about that when they got to Draconia. He wanted everyone to know his mate was claimed, or near enough at least.... the bond didn't have much more to do. But here, he would let his prince hide, that was fine. He wanted him comfortable. He smiled and leaned in to kiss the mark. "Sorry for being so rough on you." He said softly.

"Thank you," he said, "But not as dashing as you my little mate. Come, let me show you off." With a soft squeeze to Faolan's hand he lead the other out of the room. "Which way?"

The corridors still felt a little maze like to him, but with the map Sapphire was doing for him, and the data Diamond was supposed to be collecting, he would soon have this down. He hoped. Instead he would rely on Faolan a little longer. The room was much more intimate than the previous night, but the art work and decoration was just as lavish to Drashi's eyes. Everything here seemed gold and lavish. It was rather contrasting to his home.

Still, as they entered the room, backs straight, arms linked, and standing proud wearing their kimonos.... he had to wonder what the other princes family and friends would think of the odd pair they made....

“Your secret is safe with me.” Faolan promised, happy the other would trust him with something most would regard as a weakness rather than pretend.

He shivered as the other's fingers brushed the bite mark. “Of course. My mother would have a heart attack if I walked around with this visible.” His breath hitched as the other prince's lips touched the same spot his fingers had just been. Gods, just the memory of what Drashi had done to him out in the woods made him want to moan. “You don't need to apologize. I.. I liked it.”

Faolan ducked his head, hiding the slight blush. “Um, right, this way.” He couldn't help leaning into Drashi's side as they walked, but when they reached their destination he reluctantly stood straight.

Faolan lead Drashi into the drawing room where the small group was already drinking and chatting before dinner. Most everyone smiled with polite curiosity at to see Faolan matching Drashi, rather than Drashi assimilating to their way of dress. Singh was hiding a pleased smile behind her hand, while the king looked happy if surprised and the queen suspicious.

Faolan said a quick hello to the room. Singh swept up to them before he could falter through introductions, bringing with her a slightly older man that'd been sitting beside her at dinner the night before. “Prince Drashi, its such an honor to have you join us. This is my husband, Darian of Lekan.” Darian offered his hand with a calm smile, “Nice to meet you. And congratulations on your marriage.”

Another couple stepped up, and Faolan smiled happily as he introduced them, “Drashi, this is my uncle Luckette Lerato, and his wife Mira Lerato.” The lord was clearly Queen Variece's brother as he shared her sharp features and chestnut brown hair. His wife was a soft looking woman, with a shy smile. Luckette gave Faolan's shoulder a squeeze, before offering Drashi his hand, “It is good to meet you prince Drashi. I hope you enjoyed your first day in the castle?”

• 4 weeks later...

Drashi smiled at Faolan's reaction, the bite would become an androgynous zone... it already was given the way Faolan reacted. He almost wanted the man to show it off, but wouldn't push. Not yet. Faolan had nothing to be embarrassed about! He had been claimed by a dragon. A royal dragon at that.

"I liked it too." He admitted, his dragon uncurled with interest, it had enjoyed it too. In that one moment, dragon and human had been one. And both wanted a repeat performance.... but not yet. Duty called.

Drashi held himself tall and proud, allowed everyone to see what a pretty picture he and Faolan made. The other prince really was a pretty sight, dressed as he was. He noted automatically those that did not seem to approve, he would address them later, for now he would simply be pleased that most of the room was accepting. The only disinterested person who worried him was Faolan's mother. She had power, he would have to watch her... reassure her even.

He took Faolan's sister, Singh's, hand and kissed it politely before looking at her husband and inclining his head. "A pleasure, Darian of Lekan." He paused to remember the histories he had been forced to digest, but this one was easier than most. "Elder brother to Riku of Lekan? He is currently residing at my court correct? If I recall correctly he is rather smitten with one of my younger cousins." He said brightly, having rather a fond spot for the cousin in question. It was rare to allow externals into their castle, but he had a feeling that that seers knew that Riku was destined to one of the dragons, they just needed to find each other.... was it his cousin? He wasn't sure. Nor could he allow himself to dwell on that right now.

He returned his gaze to Singh and smiled, "Thank you." He glanced towards Faolan and smiled honestly. "I am most pleased with the match."

When more people seemed to appear he bowed politely, "A pleasure to meet you both." Uncles, aunties, sisters and brothers.... so many people to remember. But remember he would.

He accepted Luckette's hand, inclining his head to the side politely.

"It was most interesting, though I will admit I seem to have upset several guards. Soon I will need to prove myself I believe."

"Indeed." A plump gentleman said as he stepped up, "My sources say you caused quite a ruckus in court today, which surprises me. I imagined you would be on your best behaviour. At least for a few weeks."

Drashi turned to look at the new voice, his smile didn't even waver. "My father did give me such advise, but I must admit.... I never was one for pretense."

The gentleman eyed the strange prince closely, then Faolan too. He moved forward and clapped Faolan on the back. "You have been gifted, it is rare to find someone who does not make apologise for his actions." He offered a hand to the foreign Prince, "My name is Talon Helson. I am one of Prince Faolan's many uncles. My wife was the Kings baby sister, but we lost her during to the epidemic three years ago."

Drashi didn't flinch, it wasn't the first time people had pressed and tested him. Of course, the story had a flicker of sadness spread across his eyes. To lose a mate? To live on? It was unthinkable. "I am sorry to hear of your lost Talon Helson."

"If it has taught me one thing Young Prince, it is that you should make the most of every moment. No pretending. Look after my nephew, or I promise it will be the last thing you ever do." He inclined his head and headed back to his seat.

"Noted," He said softly, watching a moment before his attention was drawn back to Luckette.

"It seems you have made quite a commotion already," He said amused. He leaned in an whispered, "I rather enjoy your outfits."

A very pretty woman walked over, looking Faolan up and down. How dare he look nicer than her? She would have to investigate this style, surely it would look even better on her! Still she smiled, "You look stunning." She looked at the very pretty husband he'd picked up too! How unfair! All because of a stupid title... why couldn't lady be as important as princess? "You will have to allow me to borrow one of your outfits, I would very much like to have a design made for myself."

Drashi noted the way the new woman looked at Faolan, he didn't like it, at all. Still he remained polite. "We will have to discuss it later, I am sure something could be worked out.... though I wouldn't like to be held responsible for starting a fashion coup." He teased lightly, not particularly enjoying her company already.

"Marvolous!" She squealed and chuckled, in a manner Drashi found less than attractive, though he kept his expression stoic. "How very rude of me! I never introduced myself, Faoly! You should have done so!" She pouted and held out her hand, "My name is Lady Sansar Lakeland, I am a cousin. I happen to be in court for the season." Faoly? Yep, he now officially hated her.

"I see. A pleasure I'm sure." He took her hand, but only for a brief moment, "If you'll excuse us, we should really take our seats now, I would hate to delay dinner further. I am sure we can converse more fully later...." Or not, if he had anything to say about it!

Darian bowed his head in a slight nod. “I did not know it was your cousin who stole his attention, but yes, of late every letter he sends me is endless pages of waxing poetical about a beauty he met in court there. He is very smitten.” He had an even way of speaking, with little inflection, but fondness shown in his eyes. Singh laughed musically, and excused herself and Darian so that Drashi and Faolan could continue to greet the others.

Faolan gave a wide smile at his uncles approval, though the heavy clap on the back nearly had him stumble. “I agree, uncle.” Drashi was most often very straightforward, and Faolan far preferred being able to trust the person he was with than try to play court games and decipher ever hidden meaning behind petty words. His face heated slightly at the not particularly veiled threat, and he smiled apologetically up at Drashi. He lowered his voice to a whisper, “He means well.” It was reassuring to know some of his family had his back if it had turned out he and Drashi didn't get along, though he was glad it turned out that they did.

Faolan did his best to contain a sigh at the sight of Sansar approaching them. He shifted a little nervously in the foreign clothes, half expecting a veiled insult. When none seemed coming, he managed a slightly brighter smile for his cousin, “Thank you.”

He chuckled, “I think that will happen to some degree whether you lend your clothes out or not. The younger nobility here are always hungry for new styles of dress, and yours is both unique and beautiful.” He didn't particularly like the idea of Sansar borrowing anything of Drashi's, but he quelled the little swell of jealousy- even if she could be trying, there was no reason to begrudge her anything. Faolan cringed at the nickname- he never knew if she did that because she thought it made herself sound cute, or because she knew he hated it. Maybe he could begrudge her a little.

Faolan quickly took the excuse to take Drashi's hand, trying his best for an apologetic smile as they left Sansar. “I will be more prudent in my introductions next time cousin, I promise.” He lead Drashi towards the dinning table, where many of the others had already taken their seats. He sat them across from his parents. As with the wedding dinner they would be the center of attention, and Faolan much looked forward to when everyone would get used to them and things would be normal again.

Faolan would have liked them to have a moment without his family pestering Drashi, but his mother had a glint in her eye. The queen smiled in that sharp cool way of hers, “Talon Helson isn't the only one that heard of this mornings.. ruckus. So that our imaginations don't run away from us, do tell what possessed you Prince Drashi?” From the way her eyes shifted curiously between the two princes, she'd already decided they were both at fault. She wanted to see how Drashi handled himself more than she cared about what honestly happened.

"Indeed, they are quite the sight. Sophia in her skirts, and Riku in his suits. Quite often seen running through the halls and playing tricks on passerby's. It is not safe to roam." He teased. Though there was no real venom in his voice. If anything there was genuine affectionate.

Drashi knew on some level that Faolan was right, maybe it would mean he wouldn't have to change his style completely, but find some middle ground between the two? He could only hope, he found some of the styles of this land rather boring. "I am sure I will be blamed either way," He chuckled, winking at his husband.

They sat down, Drashi kept up the elegant grace he was known for, but only because they were being watched. He knew this would be the case for a while, and wasn't overly surprised by the bluntness coming from the Queen. Well, perhaps that explained the icy mood he'd felt from her when he'd entered.

He picked up his glass and drunk a small amount before smiling politely at her. "I assure you it was simply a misunderstanding, my intention was not to cause a scene." He paused and glanced at the other Prince, he couldn't tell the full truth.... in his court he could simply say it was my dragon and everyone would understand. Here that was not the case, and while he didn't wish to lie, he knew a lie was the only way he could go. Well, a lie surrounding the truth. "My only excuse is tiredness coupled with stubbornness." After all, how else could he excuse himself? He'd intended to pick the prince up and carry him back to their rooms. "We were playing, perhaps inappropriately, but that is it. We were going to return to our rooms.... I was taken by surprise when the guards arrived, and we pretended to be fighting to avoid any signs of weakness for the Prince of this land. For he is anything but weak." He reassured. "I am the stranger, I am happy to take the flack." He hoped the other prince would continue the lie, simply because there wasn't a good way of saying he'd tossed the man over his shoulder because he'd refused to talk..... when they had eventually talked they'd sorted everything out. He would hate for the world to assume or see it as Drashi take advantage of the man. He wasn't.

"I assure you it will not happen again. Though we have planned to train in the sword tomorrow morning." He mentioned as a distraction, "so if rumours happen to occur regarding that, please heed it with a pinch of salt. I know several of the guards have requested that my personal servant or myself show them the style of my land. Though I plan to give Prince Faolan my attention if he wishes for it."

Queen Varice raised thin eyebrows at the explanation, as if skeptical but she poked no holes in the story. She was perfectly aware Faolan could be a frustrating companion, and it wouldn't surprise her if the two youths had lost their tempers. She just hadn't expected any temper tantrums to take such odd form as one carrying the other off. Perhaps it was a foreign thing? “A bit of over tiredness can be expected after such a long journey. Of course we can excuse it if your.. play.. got a little out of hand.” Her piercing gaze shifted toward Faolan, making the young prince immediately color slightly.

Faolan mustered his best 'innocent' face, which made him look vaguely guilty even when they really hadn't done anything wrong beyond stir a few guards up. “We were just playing. It was embarrassing to have the guards come stop us.” He glanced at Drashi, a small smile on his lips. He was glad the other man had thought of something to say, he wouldn't have known how to explain that without stumbling over his words.

You are partners, you share the blame for causing such commotions.” There was no heat in the rebuke, though. So long as Drashi understood both young men were expected to at least pretend to get along in public. “That is fine. If the guards see you training together, it might sooth their concerns.

Though he knew Drashi meant it innocently, he couldn't help the blush that bloomed over his cheeks. Of course he wished for Drashi's attention. Ever drop of it he could have, really. He took his wine glass, sipping for the sake of distraction. He hoped Drashi wouldn't take his mother's words too seriously. Faolan tried very hard to behave in public, but it didn't tend to work out that way.

The king laughed, patting his wife's hand affectionately, “You both appear to be getting along, that is whats important! How are you finding the castle Drashi? A bit of a maze isn't it?” He smiled, ignoring the vague frown his wife gave him.

The table was set with appetizers, giving many of the chatting guests something to eat while they listened to the conversation between the two princes and the king and queen. Almost everyone had heard something about that morning, and had been curios for the explanation.

"Indeed, both are responsible, but since I do not have much of a reputation here yet there is very little to ruin." He said softly, making his previous meaning clear.

Drashi nodded at her reasoning, "while that is not the reason for my easy agreement it is a most pleasing side effect. I will be sure to inform Sapphire that he has permission to demonstrate our style if requested too. After a short observation your kingdom fights very differently, I wonder if it is due to the heavy armour you insist on wearing." He smiled politely as he spoke, not meaning to offend though there was perhaps a touch of challenge in his voice. He was a damn good fighter, had to be, but he wasn't necessarily looking for a fight. If anything, he needed to avoid it with the regular humans at the moment, his dragon was rather.... touchy.... at the moment.

When the king spoke he couldn't help but incline his head in agreement. "I agree, I am most satisfied with the match." He winked at the other prince, well aware of the gasps he heard around him. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have been so impulsive with his actions. But he really couldn't help it. His dragon wanted to focus on Faolan, wanted to tease and play. To cover the man in his scent. Claim him for all.... maybe the fact the other prince was covering up his bite wasn't helping the possessiveness?

"Indeed, it is laid out rather differently to my own home. I am sure I will find my way quickly though, and that your court gentleman and ladies will be most helpful in assisting me should I have the misfortune to become confused." Not that he would admit it unless he was REALLY REALLY lost. He was too prideful for that.... it was a flaw, he was well aware of that, but it was his flaw.

A now familiar but rather annoying voice interrupted him, Sansar speaking up, almost like a peacock spreading his feathers for attention. "I'd be happy to escort you around the castle Drashi---" Drashi quirked a brow at her informal tone, it wasn't that he generally minded but she really did annoy him. The hatred she clearly had for his mate didn't do anything in her favour. "--Prince Drashi," She corrected herself, "...until you get used to the castle. I have grown up here most of my life, I know many of the secret passages too."

Drashi smiled politely but shook his head, "That is very kind of you, but I couldn't possibly interrupt your schedule like that. I will call upon my husband's aid should I need it. I am sure I will not need anyone's assistance though. Thank you for the offer."

Talon spoke up then, "As it should be, if only you were so committed to your own advancement Sansar, your education is lacking in several areas I hear? And with talk of your possible marriage arrangement soon. You should be focusing on that my dear. You wish to find a good match of your own do you not?"

"That's because.... I.... Of course! I mean...." She flushed, a colour Drashi was sure most would find pretty upon her face, but consider he had seen his mate blush no other would ever compare. He paid little attention to her after that, instead preferring to focus on his food.

"This is delicious. What is it?" He enquired politely.

“We appreciate your willingness to share. I'm sure there is much our two cultures can gain from each other.” Her brows arched, curious rather than offended, “We insist on a strong defense. Mingan has always preferred peace, but when we must engage in war, we strive to do so with minimal casualties.”

The king gave a warm chuckle, “Our knights are trained to use heavy armor to its fullest. All strategies have their strengths and weaknesses though. I know Draconia has quite the impressive military. As the crown prince you must be very involved with your homes defense and offense, yes? Perhaps its something we could discuss. I've been trying to teach Faolan more strategy.” He smiled at his youngest son, eyes warm with affection.

Faolan nearly turned scarlet at the wink, but he nodded his head. “Yes. I was surprised to find how much I like Drashi. I think we can be good friends...”

“Good 'partners', dear.” The queen corrected, earning herself and embarrassed frown from her son.

Faolan couldn't keep himself from glaring in Sansar's direction. He was perfectly capable of helping Drashi learn his way around! The jealousy that curled in his stomach was put out just as quickly as it sprang up from Drashi's easy dismissal. He looked down at his food, trying to hide the pleased smile. And thank goodness for uncle Talon! Perhaps that would keep Sansar from flirting for a while. Though once they were interacting with the rest of the nobility, there would be no shortage of interest in Drashi, marriage or not.

“Whitehall Gnocchi with truffle cream.” He smiled up at Drashi, the expression a little too enamored for the mere growing friendship he claimed to feel. “I'm glad you like it! It's a popular dish in the fall.” It could be a little rich, but thankfully the chef had hit the right note.

Drashi nodded; "It is certainly a noble goal, any monarchy with real concern for their people would endeavour the same I'm sure. As I am sure you're aware my own people are rather private, only really venturing down from our mountain to wed or to support our allies. That doesn't mean we do not train regularly. Favouring speed and stealth. I would be honoured to share strategy, though nothing that would endanger my own people you understand?" Not only would his dad kill him, he'd never forgive himself if anyone was injured on his mistake.

He liked how Faolan's mother changed friend to partner, but he would have preferred lover or mate. Still, he suspected that several woman, maybe even men, would petition for his attention soon. Wanting to entice a prince to his bed, claiming they were helping him since his was a marriage of convinence rather than a love match; and since Faolan hadn't originally intended to consummate the marriage Drashi imagined many would assume it was all an act.

They were wrong.

Very wrong!

Drashi nodded at Faolan, tasting some more. "We do not get truffles in our country, the altitude perhaps. I must say they are delicious. My compliments to the chef."

It was rather exhausting keeping up the sophisticated air constantly, more do when he was aware the vultures were watching his every move, listening to his every word.

Needing a distraction, he turned to Faolan's sister. "Rumour around the castle today hinted that you have some happy news Princess Singh. A new arrival?" He found it amusing how several guests looked towards her stomach. Jumping to conclusions.

He corrected as he continued; "A new foal? What a delight. I do enjoy breeding season at our stables, breaking in a new stead is exhilarating, but watching them grow up is fascinating. I bred the two horses I brought with me. Some of my first attempts...."

The king nodded, “Just friendly talk.” King Bard was a kind man but not a fool, Drashi might be married to his son, but he was Draconia's prince. He would consider his own people first. Time would blur that line, but not erase it. Besides, Bard didn't need Draconian secrets as long as he had their alliance. “I think it would be very interesting to see you and Faolan match swords.” He mused. It would cause too much commotion for him to watch, but if they really did go to the training yard tomorrow morning, it was sure to be something.

Lord Darian's expression was blank, though there was a stiffness in his shoulders as several eyes glanced his wife's way, but Singh simply smoothed her dress out casually. “Yes. We bred my mare with a stallion brought over from Lekan. I'm very excited to see how the foal grows. We're hoping she has the best of both parents.”

Faolan sat forward in his seat, eyes bright with interest as the talk turned to horses. Much more interesting! “I didn't know she'd had the foal! Wonderful.” He tugged Drashi's sleeve lightly, “You still owe me a ride on a Draconian horse. I am eager to compare.” He tapped his lips, wondering aloud, “Would you consider breeding a Draconian horse with one of ours? I wonder if we couldn't make a strong mix if we looked at the traits of both parents. Unless you prefer yours pure bred.”

Drashi knew the king understood, so he didn't feel the need to elaborate. Instead he said. "I am sure it will be interesting. I'm sure you're son will have a trick or three to show me." Afterall, he wasn't going belittle his mates abilities, and he was fairly sure the man really would show him a thing or two.

He too was pleased at the shifted subject, though from the way her husbands expression shifted ever so slightly he perhaps owed him a slight apology. Later though. No point drawing attention to it right now.

"I wish you success, I know one of recent breedings has apparently produced the fastest recorded Draconian horse," Quite a feat considering that was their strength. He turned and smiled at Faolan. "I made you a promise and I intend to keep it. Just tell me when Faolan." He dropped the title for two reasons, Faolan had early when addressing him AND he wanted to show they had bonded and moved beyond all that.

The idea of breeding Duke or Lady was interesting yet not. "It's certainly a fascinating idea, I'm not opposed to it, but Duke and Lady have only ever bred with each other. I would be hard pressed to change that. However, I can ask Sapphire to send my father a letter requesting a specimen of each gender, then we can compare and select traits in the hope of them being inherited by a subsiquent foal." If his father allowed it after all, he didn't generally allow their DNA shared, but if Drashi was to make a life here, surely some things needed to bend?

"What would your aim from the match be? All around improvements? Speed? Strength? Stamina? He was curious about how much his mate enjoyed this, his eyes sparkled in a way that called to Drashi, he and his dragon agreed they wanted to keep that look!

Faolan clucked his tongue in interest. How fast was the fastest Draconian horse? He'd give a lot to see that beast racing away in person. He smiled, jokingly suggesting, "I'd say 'now' just as an excuse to leave dinner early." He nudged Drashi's arm, an excuse to touch the other.

He shook his head. He hadn't meant Drashi's personal horses necessarily. Especially knowing they were paired. He smiled eagerly, "I would like that, if you're interested as well. And I could get a better idea of the Draconian breed looking at four different horses." He couldn't't wait to get a closer look at Duke and Lady in the mean time. It was to bad they'd wasted so much of the day fighting.

"If the horse is for me to ride, I prefer quick and light. Strength and stamina are still important though." He laughed, adding, "I'd like to say I prefer an even temperment, but you have not met my other horse. Butterscotch is a big I'll mannered gelding." Not a specimen of horse perfection, but he had a big soft spot for Butterscotch. "What would you aim for usually?"

Drashi smirked at that; "Even I know that's not going to happen." Even if he was more than happy to take him right now. He wanted to even, he just knew he had to play along for now.

He nodded politely and considered what he'd want, the Draconian breed was interesting, even if he'd grown up with them they were his favourite. He'd seen plenty of 'exotic' breeds in his time. He just favoured them. "It depends, generally speed and stamina are key. Running fast but not for long is next to useless. Unless you only plan to use their speed sparingly. Duke is pretty hefty but Lady is lighter. I don't tend to have a preference unless I wish to move faster."

He was pleased to note that conversations had erupted around them as the starter plates were removed to be replaced with fresh wine and the main. Half way through. He mused.

Faolan could think of a few things he'd rather do with Drashi than be at dinner. At least they were still being given free reign with how to spend their days. It was as close to a 'honeymoon' as they'd get, and too soon the social obligations would start to stack. But for now enduring a little family dinner wasn't bad.

He nodded his agreement. "It's the same with mine. Peaches is quick as a whip, and she can go for miles as long as she's not carrying much weight. But I need Butterscotch if I want to carry much with me." An advantage of being rather slight, he could ride a horse like Peaches without weighing her down. He leaned an elbow on the table to prop his cheek on, but his mother cleared her throat and he quickly sat upright again, dropping his hands into his lap.

He was glad to see the main course brought out, happily digging in a few bites, before regarding Drashi. "Sooo," he smiled playfully, "Do you want to go to the practice yard tomorrow morning and test each other's metal? We have to decide the terms of our bet before hand."