Courting Disaster (syaoran-puu & themasterdances) {{Private - PG18+}}

syaoran-puu

Drashi awoke a little as the bed shifted, perhaps it was simply his nature but he had always been accused of being a light sleeper. Taking a deep breath he took in the scents in the room. He could smell sex, sweat, cum...... himself and Faolan. And as he peeked his eye open he took note that no one lay beside him. The emptiness was not lost on him.

A frown furrowed his brow as he sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, noting that Faolan was in the process of getting dressed.... and in a hurry it seemed. "Running away from me Faolan?" He asked seriously. His tone clearly not amused. Unsure what was going through the others mind he simply observed for a moment before looking away.

As he had suspected the previous night it seemed the morning had brought a change in his husband, and it didn't even take the whispers or looks of other to do it. Drats! It seemed Faolan was far better at playing the game than Drashi had anticipated.... for Drashi had actually fallen for the others act.

Drashi hardened his expression a little, closing himself off to the rejection that was sure to come. He shifted to sit on the side of the bed, noticing that the jar of oil had fallen off during the night. He picked it up and placed it silently into the draw with his toys before closing it. Next he stood up, completely unashamed by his own nakedness as he walked to one of his cases and opened it, looking for a robe or something while he sought out his servants and the reprieve of a bath. It seemed he needed to plot.... but at least he knew that Faolan had reacted so sweetly to his attentions.Perhaps that counted for something.... right? Or had that all been fake? A show to fool the stupid outsider prince?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• syaoran-puu

• themasterdances

Faolan startled at Drashi's voice, nearly dropping his tunic. He looked quickly back at the other, clutching the cloth to his chest nervously. “No. I just.. wanted my clothes back on.” He shrank a bit, the other looked so closed off and distant. There was no trace of the tenderness from last night.

Drashi seemed so casual and unconcerned, as though nothing at all had happened last night. None of the emotional turmoil. Of course, the other prince had said himself he slept with both male and female partners, perhaps sex was simply not an emotional thing for him. Faolan found he was too afraid to ask the other what was going through his head. The other's indifference seemed answer enough, he could not bare it put into words.

He pulled his tunic on, settling it over his torso and hiding the hickey his 'lover' had left last night. He tucked his boots under one arm, and stood with a pained whimper. Gods, how was he going to make it all the way back to his room? He just wanted to take a bath.

When Faolan never said anything, neither to confirm or deny Drashi's words he clenched his fist. Thankfully it was hidden by the case and clothing before him. Pulling out a silk robe with a golden dragon painted upon it, he covered up and turned just as Faolan got up and winced.

He sighed, and unable to simply leave the other to suffer said softly, "Take a warm bath. Avoid water salts. It will help with the soreness and loosen you up....." He considered for a moment. "Do you have a plant called Lady's slipper here? If you do, I would recommend a tea brewed from the stuff, it will take away any residual pain and speed up recovery..... of the area." He said diplomatically.

Slowly he approached, the bed and sat down, crossing his legs as he considered his options. He ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes. "I do not wish things to become awkward between us.... that was...." He grit his teeth, wondering if he was simply being played by the other prince? "...never my intention."

Looking towards his comb, he found himself needing the distraction of it. Standing up he grabbed the thing and started to brush his hair, he would wash it anyway, but still wanted the simpleness of the act.

"Is there anything on the schedule I should be aware of today?" He asked softly, turning to look at the guy with something hidden in his eyes... a sadness... a loneliness.... something deeper than he was letting on.

Faolan had answered the other. He really hadn't been running away- he hadn't thought as far as running away. Perhaps he'd have gone to the couch in the other room, just so he could have some time alone to think before Drashi woke up. But here Drashi was, awake, and his mind wouldn't stop spinning. It did not help that every ache in his body reminded him of the other prince on top of him.

The prince turned back into the room when Drashi offered advice. “I don't know if we do.. I'll ask Bailey if she can find any. Thank you.” He could not help blushing, and he wondered how Drashi could seem so calm and unburdened, when he was ready to fall to pieces at the tiniest misstep.

“It's not my intention, either..” He looked down at his shoes, unsure of how to better handle the situation. “We might both feel better after we've bathed?” He edged a little closer to the other, and asked tentatively, “Are you upset?”

“Not very much. I believe everyone thought it best if you could spend the day acclimating. If you recall, I offered to show you around... We'll have dinner tonight with just my family.” He looked at the other carefully, trying to understand what feelings flickered behind Drashi's eyes. Part of him wanted very much to just throw his arms around the older prince, and kiss such a sad expression away. Instead he offered, “How would you like to spend the day?”

Drashi seemed to relax a fraction when Faolan appeared to step closer rather than further away, and then the earlier words clicked into place. "No. I just.. wanted my clothes back on." So it was just that Faolan was nervous still? Despite what they had done last night, Drashi couldn't blame the guy. Plus the guy had been an innocent only the night before... they were still pretty much strangers to one another despite their shared activities. He predicted nudity wasn't as accepted here as it was in Draconia. Suspected that they were much stricter on what was considered acceptable. That didn't mean it didn't still sting.....

With a nod he accepted the others words, in many ways it didn't effect Drashi if the other actually followed through or not, but perhaps his words could offer some relief if the other needed it. Once more he was floored with the differences that surrounded them. Different place. Different landscape. Different stars. Different traditions. Different clothing. Different hairstyles.... so much that was obviously different, each one feeling like a chasm spreading out between them. Though Drashi hid it well, even thrived on it at times, in that moment he felt very much alone.

"I am sure we will." He agreed, smiling tersely when the other asked if he was upset. How to answer that without actually revealing too much? He took in the others messy blond hair, the debauched looked that spread so perfectly over his form. Drashi had helped make him that way. But it might as well have been a lifetime ago. "I...." He started, sighing a little and turning away. Something shifted within him and he knew all too well what that feeling was. He ignored it as best as he could, but his awareness wouldn't ignore it completely. "....I am fine. Thank you for asking. I hope you are well also, excluding the slight tenderness." He indicated towards the others lower half, trying not to be too crude in his wording.

Drashi chastised himself lightly for forgetting that they had simply planned to spend time together this day..... had so much happened that it had distracted him so completely? Evidently sex with the other was that consuming! And although Drashi had been the one to top it almost felt as if he was the one to be utterly claimed. Branded inside. Maybe that was the cause of his turbulent thoughts.

Resigned to the fact that things were different between them he forced his muscles to relax and his aura to shift to a happy range. "I would very much like that horse ride we discussed at dinner. Maybe we can take my horses out, I am sure they would enjoy it." Though perhaps they would be tired from the hard pull here, maybe another day. "Perhaps meeting with...." The knights name completely fled from Drashi's mind and he panicked! He had always had a mind for such little details before! Why would he forget now? "SIr Aaron!" He exclaimed, pleased that he remembered the name without too much of a pause, of course his excitement at remembering, at not losing his touch, he probably looked silly from the outside. The goofy grin having no real place upon the Princes' face. He took a moment to train the expression away and inclined his head towards Faolan. "Is there anything you would like to do today? I assure you it is fine if you would prefer to spend some time away from my company, I am sure I can find something to entertain myself with." Although his words might hold a double entendre, his intention were completely innocent.

Faolan was fairly sure Drashi was not fine, but he nodded in acceptance. He would be happy if he could make the other comfortable enough with him to share his thoughts and feelings. He managed an amused little huff when the other prince gestured vaguely at his lower half. “Yes, I'm alright.”

He watched the other curiously, perceptive enough to notice a change in the other man's barring, but unsure what had lead to it. He sagged a bit, obviously disappointed when taking a ride was brought up. “I would love nothing more, but I think it will have to wait until another day. I don't think I'm quite up to it, considering..” He was certain he'd feel better after that bath, but being bounced about on a horse seemed like it'd be a bit too much.

Faolan covered his mouth to muffle an amused chuckle. Drashi had said the knight's name with such enthusiasm, and had such a silly wide grin! It endeared the younger prince to see it, though the other was quick to hide the expression away. Trying not to look to obviously amused, he nodded, “We could go see Sir Aaron.”

He raised his brow at that, “I am sure you could, but I am not so heartless as to abandon you your first actual day in a new place. Unless you'd prefer to be left alone.. I'd like to spend the time with you.” Jumbled as he felt inside, he genuinely wanted to stay with the other. He hoped the other knew this was genuine, and not just politeness. “If it's agreeable to you, I'll go have that bath and get ready for the day, then meet you back here. Would you like me to send a servant to you with breakfast, in the mean time?”

Drashi almost grinned at the other. His expression was one of pure disappointment. Drashi hadn't even considered how their activities last night might have effected the other enough for him not to be able to ride. "I'm sorry..... a rain check perhaps? The horse's aren't going anywhere after all. Plus, this will give mine the opportunity to rest up after their travel here." He said softly, smirking in amusement to himself.

"I would appreciate that." He said softly, part of him wanting nothing more than to work out his awkward tension with a good sparing match... presuming the knight didn't hold back on him. Such activity in mind he selected the perfect outfit in his head, deciding that he would wear his sword today.

With a soft smile he inclined his head appreciatively. "Of course. Enjoy your bath. I will summon my own servants, do not worry about me. I am sure they will ensure I am well fed." He considered for a moment then asked, "Where would you like to meet?"

Once more his awareness shuddered... and although he was smiling he knew he had to get Faolan to leave his room.... and quickly.

He nodded, “It's probably for the best.” Most likely no one would approve if the first thing Faolan did was take the foreign prince out of the castle. Best to acclimate here a bit, then escape to the forest when everyone wasn't paying so much attention.

He nodded. That would work well, anyway. He could show Drashi where the practice grounds and equipment were along the way. He knew that was one of the things that had interested the other when they'd spoken at dinner, and he found he hoped Drashi would find the place agreeable. It would be nice for the other to start to feel more at peace in the castle, and having places to go besides his own room would help that.

“Alright. I'll come back here to get you as soon as I'm ready.” He hesitated, before stepping closer to the other and giving him a quick hug. He quickly retreated, face blushing, and headed back to the door. “I'll be back soon.”

Certain Drashi could take care of himself for a bit, he left the connected rooms to the hall. With any luck not very many people were awake, and he could sneak back to his room without being seen with his hair a mess, wearing the crumpled clothes from the day before. He could have sang with relief when the first person he saw was Bailey, one of his personal servants, who looked as though she'd been hanging around near by for a bit already. Good, he would have help to his room, and then she could look for that tea Drashi had mentioned!

Drashi inclined his head in acceptance though part of him wondered just why it was for the best, current situation excluded of course Deciding it was unimportant he let it slide. Preparing a list in his head of what he needed to be done instead.

He was surprised when the other hugged him. But it wasn't a bad sort of surprise. A little awkwardly he patted the others back, though not because the touch wasn't welcome it was just.... new. It stirred things within him. Drashi didn't entirely know what to do with his feelings. When the other made to leave, Drashi chirped after him. "Until then Prince Faolan."

The door shut and Drashi fell to his knees, his chest feeling tight and his skin too small.... he needed his servants! He knew they would be summoned by the disturbance, and sure enough less than ten minutes later they arrived, a small knock on the door swiftly followed by identical worried looks upon their faces.

"Sheesh... you would think you have never seen this before!" He attempted to lessen the tension, of course, it didn't work.

"But M'Lord.... this hasn't happen to you since..."

"Since I was a child. I am well aware of it!" He shouted a little, the pain mounting. "I can't hold it back...." He groaned, knowing already his control was slipping.

One of his servants looked to the other, the one who had spoke appearing to take charge, Sapphire. "Run the Prince a bath, use the salts we brought. M'lord must appear normal and refreshed to everyone else once we are done." Nodding their head he watched as the other ran off.... Diamond? He thought that was his name, but was unsure, the recall simply a distraction to his other more pressing thoughts.

Slipping the robe from his body, Drashi groaned a little in relief. The cool air aiding his heated flesh in such wonderful ways! "Don't worry Sapphire. I'm fine."

As predicted he smiled a little and bowed down beside him, stroking his cheek softly. Sapphire had always been like this in private, but that was to be expected really. More than just a servant to Drashi, Sapphire was one of his only friends. "I think you are lying to me Drashi."

"Always." He joked. The desire to scratch at his own skin almost irresistible. But resist he did. Leaning in to the tender touch of his best friend he closed his eyes. "I think just the wings will stop this...."

"Then do it. I will watch you."

Unable to resist any longer he let out a roar as his wings ripped from his back and stretched magnificently behind him. The scaly flesh was bright blue, the leathery membrane between the 'fingers' the faintest icey colour, almost invisable. Still on his knees he panted, trying to regain himself, to think..... "I think he is my mate...." He said at last. Admitting what he had been hiding from himself since he had first clashed eyes upon the other.

"I know." More of those soothing touches that eased his beast. "You wouldn't be acting this way if he wasn't. This is a blessing Drashi."

Drashi was torn, and in his confusion glared at the other. "How is this anything more than an inconvenience?! You know as well as I do what this means! And he hasn't got a clue! He doesn't even know what I am!" Desperation set in and he closed his eyes, his shoulders slumping.

"You are my mighty Lord Drashi. Prince of all the Dragons. Royal Heir of your father, and commander of the strongest army in all the seven kingdoms. You are kind and honourable. And you are BLESSED." The smile on Sapphire's face brought a tear to his eye. Blessed? It was clear the other genuinely believed that.

"And what if I can't do this?" He groaned. "What if he can never learn to accept me?"

"Then he does not deserve you Drashi." More smiles, another small caress. "Come, let us get you ready for the day. You have a mate to woo!"

Drashi chuckled for the first time that morning, looking up at his own wings. If it was this bad already he would need to go for a fly soon. "When it is dark... will you fly with me?"

There was no hesitation in the others reply, "Of course M'lord. It will be an honour to fly with you." Drashi knew it wasn't that simple, they would have to be careful and remain hidden. They couldn't exactly allow rumours of dragons to spread. Nodding he calmed enough to draw his wings back into his body. The skin stitching back together as if nothing had ever happened. The weight of the world seemed oddly lighter.... and in an awe-filled tone he spoke, "I found my mate...."

----------------------Some time later----------------------

Feeling much better after his little blow out, freshly bathed and changed, Drashi sat in the sitting room and waited for the other Prince. A thousand thoughts swirled, and although their focus had shifted slightly his ultimate goal remained the same.

Today he wore a dark blue robe, almost so dark it appeared black. Below it was a lighter coloured robe, a silver dragon painted across it. The silk felt delightfully cool against his still heated skin. He knew no one would think anything about him wearing 'dragons' after all it was the mascot of his family crest. Around his waist was a leather strap that held his sword. The head of the handle had a silver gilded dragon, a blue gem for its eye. It was a magnificent sword, a present from his father when he turned twelve. His hair was braided today, reaching down his back in a braid that took both of his servants to complete. Instead of the traditional three strands this one use five. Stunning work.... but more importantly, practical. Overall he hoped to appear regal and powerful. That was, after all, how he needed everyone here to see him..... everyone except Faolan.

Still....

No one would ever accuse Drashi Miakoda of being weak!

Faolan sighed, and sank deeper into the heated water. He'd already taken care of washing the worst of it off, and now he was just relaxing in his bath. The little aches and pains were eased away, and the accompanying emotional turmoil was starting to ebb as well. Bailey hadn't been able to find the Lady's Slipper, but she'd still brought him tea with lots of honey and milk.

He sipped his tea, soaked, and thought about Drashi. Waking up next to the other man, after sharing so many parts of himself the night before, and somehow been too raw and exposing. He slid a hand up to his collar bone, rubbing the mark the other man had left.

He slipped down in the tub until he'd submerged his head, awkwardly holding his tea cup above the water. They'd slept together. It was his first time. Of course he had all these confused feelings about the other... but probably Drashi didn't think much of it besides that it'd been good. And it had! He was pretty sure 'fantastic' had been the consensus. He resurfaced, sloshing water over the side of the tub as he climbed out. Everything would be find if he stopped getting so worked up around the other man.

---

In no time, Faolan was dry, dressed, and his aches and pains had mostly subsided. He'd braided his own hair, and pinned it up with much less finesse and care than his servants would have. He was dressed in a much simpler fashion than he had for the wedding, with a burgundy quarter sleeve shirt with the collar turned up, and a brown vest with a patterned trim.

Feeling much more himself than he had in a while, he knocked on the door to Drashi's rooms (or technically, both of their rooms). “It's me! Are you ready?”

Standing up when he heard the knock, he glanced at Sapphire for a moment then nodded. Getting up he headed to the door and opened it himself, a small smile on his face. If you looked too close you might notice the slight tiredness that lingered within him, but he covered it by taking the others hand and linking it in the crook of his hand. "Shall we Faolan? I am sure there are many who will be curious... but perhaps a touch of breakfast is in order first."

He smirked a little, and started walking.

Sapphire and Diamond silently followed behind him, and even from here he could feel the worried glance of Sapphire. He didn't comment or acknowledge it though. He didn't dare.

"My servant informed me that you have a pool here. Perhaps this afternoon we can take a dip. Unless more pressing matters intervene." In truth Drashi was looking for an excuse to spend time with the other, he still planned to find out the truth about this treaty. What was the real reason behind it.... would Faolan even know? But in the meantime.... some time with his.... husband... partner... mate.... was in order.

Contemplating for a moment he asked softly, "What kind of foods do you like most?"

Faolan rolled his eyes, “I know where they can put their curiosity.” Maybe they should run off to the forest after all! Still, he took the other's arm as bidden. He laughed softly as Drashi started walking them down the hall, fairly sure the other had no idea where they were going. “Breakfast it is.”

He gave Drashi a little push, silently guiding them the right way through the castle corridors. He knew a nice spot that wouldn't be over crowded for breakfast.

He smiled up at the other, surprised, “That's a good idea. Do you like to swim?” Swimming would be easier on him than horse back riding, certainly. And it wouldn't exactly be terrible to see Drashi's torso bare again... He glanced over his shoulder at Drashi's servants, and gave them a small smile to show he appreciated their suggestion. “What are your names?”

“Oh, most things. I've never been a picky eater. I rather like cake, though, if deserts count.” He considered what some of his favorite foods were, eventually settling on, “Its a bit ordinary, I suppose, but I really like chicken. It tastes good no matter how you cook it.” He tipped his head up at the other, “I remember you don't like sweets. What do you like?”

Drashi smiled at that reply, "Indeed." He agreed, though he planned to put on a great show for any who proved too curious all the same.

He nodded, "I do. We have a large lake near the palace I was born in. We would often spend most of the Summer there, bathing with the seahorses and creatures of the blue. It is rather pretty. I was a rather slow learner though.... my mother often claims that I was so adverse to water that she struggled to get me into a bath.... and once I managed to evade her two weeks!" He acknowledged with a grin. Surprised at himself for sharing that tidbit about himself.

When Faolan addressed his servants he looked over his shoulder and nodded that they should reply.

"My name is Sapphire, Your Highness." His voice bright and pleasing to the ear, Sapphire was quite a singer.

"My name is Diamond, Your Highness." While less pleased, he was still pleasant enough.

Pleased by his servants, he focused once more on Faolan. "I see. Cake can be nice." He agreed, though it wasn't particularly his favourite of choices. When the other continued and decided upon chicken as the overall winner he smirked. "Chicken can be delicious. I am rather fond of fish.... Salmon in particular."

He chuckled a little again, finding he was doing that a lot around the guy than he had anyone else. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a pleased smile on Sapphires face though the other made no comment. "I will admit that I do not have an overly sweet tooth. Some sweets appeal, such as truffles. I rather enjoy savory dishes. Rice, fish, chicken even. Though like you I am not overly fussy. I will at least try everything."

Drashi was pleased when the other gently guided them, he didn't particularly wish to get lost within the vast corridors of the castle. He would learn it, was already mapping out the path they took.... but he was sure it would take several stumbles along the way to get there.

Faolan listened with interest, delighted to be hearing something about the other man's past. He laughed, imagining a tiny version of Drashi with far to much hair, fleeing about with more and more dirt and grim. “I can only imagine dirty little hand prints spread all about your home. I always liked baths.. but I also liked making a mess. I remember servants always chasing after me.” He never intentionally made a mess, but apparently he'd always been a bit of a tornado. He smiled up at the other, “We don't have a lake here, but when it's hot a lot of us like to have picnics along the river, and go for a swim.”

He was quiet for a moment, before suggesting, “I'm sure eventually you'll want to visit your home. Maybe I could go with? I'd like to meet your family, and see your home. And it's only fair, since you've had to move all the way out here.” For all all he couldn't tell from looking at him, he was sure it was hard to be away from home.

He smiled wider at the matching names. “It's nice to meet you both. Don't be afraid to ask me or one of my servants if you need help, or have any trouble.”

Tugging a little on Drashi's arm, he suggested playfully, “You can always pass a desert you don't like to my plate~” More treats for him. “I don't like fish so much, but salmon is good. And that's something our cooks can prepare for you.” He was a little relieved to here the other prince liked something they had. It would be terrible if it'd been something foreign the other would have to swear off.

“Here we are.” He guided them through a last pair of doors to reveal and few small tables on a deck. They were in a wide courtyard, and best of all you could see some of the garden from here. Servants nearby waited to fetch breakfast for any that needed it. He gestured grandly to one of the tables, teasing, “After you, dear prince.” Their were a few other nobles among the tables eating or waiting for their own breakfasts who glanced up curiously the the newlyweds.

Drashi chuckled a little at that, "You would have to ask her, but I am sure you are probably right." He glanced at Sapphire, knowing the other would likely know also. He was a year older than Drashi, and have been 'given' to Drashi as his personal servant from his birth. Perhaps that was why they were so close, Drashi didn't know Diamond so much. Most of the palace servants were given precious gem names. It wasn't something that Drashi particularly understood.

Since Sapphires were blue, and Drashi was born with such blue eyes, that was the name the other was given. Drashi didn't even know what his original name had been.... did Sapphire even know? After all, he had only been a child himself when it had been taken. He shook his head, not wanting to linger on such thoughts.

"Don't worry too much about me Faolan. I am sure I won't starve." He winked at the guy. Then burst out laughing until he controlled himself. "I will be sure to do that next time." He assured, smiling brightly as he looked at the blonde haired beauty on his arm, leaning down to tease softly. "You will have to work twice as hard to keep your figure so fine though with all those deserts within you."

When they arrived at the beautiful area he glanced around slightly, only guarding his expression when he realised they were no longer alone. Not wishing to embarrass the other he nodded his head softly at the others play. It seemed Faolan was more than comfortable here... then again, it was the others home. "Thank you, sweet Prince." He replied, practically purring the endearment. He lead them to the indicated table and pulled out a chair for Faolan before taking the one beside it. Carefully ensuring he could still see the others there without actually glaring at them. He paid them no heed though. Instead focused on Faolan.

Taking the others hand, he placed the softest of kisses against his knuckles before releasing his hold completely. "What do you serve for breakfast here?"

Faolan grinned up at Drashi, quite happy to have made the other laugh. If he'd thought Drashi was gorgeous when he smiled, that laugh would surely stop hearts. “If I must be fat, at least I will be fat and happy.” He countered, unable to help but lean warmly into the other's side.

He took the seat Drashi pulled out for him, a hint of pink in his cheeks when once again the other stole his hand for a kiss. He willed himself not to glance over at the others, and just keep his focus on Drashi. Faolan had to give a little thought to what the kitchen might have, he was used to just keeping track of what he personally liked. “I was just going to ask for bread with jam, and eggs. There's also oatmeal, matzas, fruit.. Most likely whatever you have in mind they could make.” The kitchen was well supplied, as long as the request wasn't terribly obscure, they could probably whip it up.

Drashi considered Faolan's reaction adorable, and it oddly settled him. He had felt the slight press of the other against his side too. Maybe he had been worried for nothing? Perhaps forcing the other to accept him last night had done some good?

As long as things didn't get worst.... right?

His servants slunk into the background, blending almost seamlessly in despite their odd outfits. He noticed how Sapphire seemed to keep an eye on them, while Diamond seemed far more interested in the others around them. Drashi hadn't wanted to bring them both. Not that he had particularly wanted to come either..... but he really didn't know Diamond. He would have rather brought Ruby, but they were worried the reception of a female servant might not be taken well.... after all, Ruby was not there for the pleasures of others, nor was she Drashi's concubine. Not that he was sure they would harm her, but better safe than sorry. Unfortunately. Appearances. Appearance. Such a ridiculous farce.

Considering his options for a moment he took on board what the other prince normally ate for breakfast. Bread and jam with eggs? Wasn't that a very simple breakfast? Perhaps it was more traditional to eat a lighter breakfast here?

"Perhaps Oatmeal with honey? And a bowl of fresh fruit on the side?" He enquired, noticing that there was a guest that seemed to have taken particular interest in their table.... or more importantly him. The guy looked tall, and it was possible his tunic hid a well muscled body. He had grey hair and strangely enough Drashi didn't think the guy was native to these lands.... was it possible this was Kieko Stanston? His fathers friend and Drashi's contact? With the grey hair it was difficult to tell, but his features did remind him more of his homeland than here.

Leaning slightly towards Faolan he spoke softly, trying to act completely normal even as he asked, "It seems one of our observers is particularly keen." After all, the guy hadn't even looked away even when Drashi had met eyes with him. Was he trying to tell him something? Or was he just trying to unsettle him? "Do you know who it is?"

Faolan gestured to one of the servants, a dark haired man with a long nose and tired eyes, to come over. He explained their orders to the man, he bowed politely and turned to head off to the kitchen. He'd known the servant since he was a boy, and the man always seemed to have that same dull expression on his face. Faolan was fairly sure if the castle crashed down around him, the man wound blink sleepily in surprise.

He closed his eyes for a moment, relaxing and feeling the warm morning sun. “Hmm?” He looked at Drashi, then quickly glanced at the other tables to see who the other prince might be referring to. His eyes fell onto a grey haired gentlemen. The man did seem particularly interested in Drashi. “Lord Kieko Stanson. I don't much know him, but he's always seemed a respectable sort of man.” He wouldn't have expected the other to be the gossiping sort, but he couldn't think of much other reason for the older man's interest. Perhaps he wanted to speak with them, but was afraid he'd be intruding?

For Drashi's benefit, he nodded at a farther table, where two elderlywoman sat chatting quietly with what was surely meant to be subtle glances in their directions. “Those two birds are Mary and Wenly, cousins in the Avorian house. Terrible gossips, but they're really sweet ladies if you don't mind it.” He nodded to the last noble, a severe looking man picking at his breakfast like he'd never been so dissapointed in his life, “And that's Gossen Parks. Bit of a sod, but for some reason my brother, Cenric, is good friends with him.”

Drashi didn't mind letting the other Prince take over and order everything for them. He saw no weakness in the allowance. Plus, it gave Faolan a moment to appear and confirm that he was equal to Drashi, even if he may loop his arm in Drashi's like a female may, he could take charge and order for Drashi just like any other man. It was a careful balance, and one he was sure would take a while to perfect.... or maybe the real test was learning not to care what others thought? What a great luxury that must be!

Listening he nodded at Faolan. Ah, so that was the infamous Kieko Stanson.... if he remembered correctly.... The guy was a Uta. A powerful Uta granted, but one all the same. While born of a dragon line he was unable to shift. This flaw however never stopped him, and he achieved so much all the same. Eventually he married Lady Rhea and moved to her lands as an ambassador for their kingdom. He knew that Kieko had grown up with his father, and they had been close for years. But Drashi had never met the older man. Only ever heard stories. "I see." He smiled at the other prince before listening to the other characters present.

He quirked a brow with interest at the ladies of Avorian house.... he had heard rumours of them even in his land. Curious now to see if they were right. Gossen Parks appeared to be one man that Drashi would have to keep an eye on... nothing seemed to satisfy him, would he.... or perhaps had he already? ....voice objections towards the union and disturb the peace that was forming between him and the other Prince? Focusing on Faolan he nodded his acknowledgement and thanks. "Cenric, he wasn't present at the feast last night?" From what Drashi had seen there was an empty seat at the kings right side. Two actually, Cenric's partner also? Was their absence because of objection? Or something much more innocent? He wouldn't take it to heart.... yet.

Breakfast arrived before too long and Drashi offered his thanks, his stoic appearance slipping back into place to address the sleepy looking man. "It looks delicious. Thank you." The fruit looked mostly familiar, but there was a few pieces he didn't recognise. Picking up a fork he stabbed a couple of pieces and popped them into his mouth. Not bad.

"Have you ever tried a fruit known as the dragon fruit? I believe we export a few crates during the season to other lands." Which lands Drashi couldn't be certain. "I believe it is often compared to a Kiwi." He smirked. "Though it looks a lot different. Pink skin, the tips of the strange looking leaves fade to green. Inside it is white with black seeded dots. The flesh is rather soft, and easy to eat using a spoon." He explained. Holding up a strawberry, though Drashi didn't know its name, he asked Faolan. "What do you call this one?" After a moment he popped that piece into his mouth also. Sweet and juicy. It was delicious.

“Cenric was in the South, lavishing attentions on his fiance.” Faolan rolled his eyes, rather tired of how much time his brother spent following Lady Sartre around. “He was supposed to be back for the wedding, but he sent a letter saying he was delayed.” Faolan did his best to not look disappointed at his brother's absence. He furrowed his brow for a moment, trying to recall what he knew of Drashi's family, before he had to ask, “Forgive me for not knowing, but do you have any brothers or sisters?”

Faolan hadn't realized how starved he was until the food was set in front of him. “Thank you~” He wasted no time picking up a jam covered piece of bread and taking a big bite. Sex worked up more of an appetite than he would have realized. He concentrated on enjoying his own food for a bit, before letting his attention stray to Drashi to make sure the other didn't look unhappy with anything on his plate.

Picturing the fruit, he slowly nodded. “I have, actually. I believe we get that in our trades with your home.” He smiled in amusement when Drashi held up the strawberry. “Strawberry. They're grown nearby so we always have fresh ripe ones. Do you like it?” He must have, since the other popped it into his mouth and didn't make any strange faces. “I like strawberries, and and raspberries, and blueberries.. pretty much everything in the berry family is very good.”

"Ah...." He considered, wondering what was so important that the other prince would insult his own brother by not turning up? Why would he need to lavish attentions on his fiancee? He felt like there was certainly a story there! Not one that Drashi would enjoy either.

A little sadly the other shook his head, dragons had difficulty reproducing. "I am afraid I am an only child. I do have twin cousins though. Amelia and Sophia Miakoda. Should something happen to me, one of them would be selected to take over my fathers throne when he passes." Not that Drashi thought that would be any time soon. "He's a tough cookie though, I doubt anyone will have to worry about his demise for quite some time. Our people love him." He looked over towards Kieko then ignored him once more.

"Good. Perhaps I will be able to buy some when they are in season again?" Eating some of his oatmeal he looked up at the sky, it was autumn now, they wouldn't be in season until after the long winter. He rather liked the winter, the snow and ice.... did they get such weather this far South? "What is it like here in the Winter?" He asked curiously.

"A strawberry." He repeated, eating another. "They are nice. I would like to see where they are grown one day." He quirked a brow and and wondered what the others looked like. Blueberries.... he thought he knew what blueberries were. "What do raspberries look like?" He asked curiously.

It didn't take long for Drashi to finish his breakfast, placing the spoon in his bowl directly in front of him, just as he always had. He was in no rush though, leaning back in his chair and relaxing softly.

"Perhaps we should make smoothies of all these fruits. I imagine they would taste delicious when added with water and a touch of sugar and blended together." He commented before looking at the other, he discretely moved his hand under the table and placed it on the others knee, squeezing slightly, with a smile he once again looked away and at the hustle and bustle of people and voices around them.

Faolan nodded slowly. “If Cenric and I both died, they'd give the throne to our next male cousin unless my sister has a son before then.” Singh would probably have made a better ruler than either of them, too, though he'd never heard her express an interest. He was relieved to hear Drashi's father would likely be well for a time to come. Drashi was the next in line, and Faolan didn't know what would become of him if his 'partner' suddenly had to take over. It wasn't much use fretting over things that wouldn't happen for ages, though.

“Cold.” He said shortly, before a big bite of his eggs. Swallowing he expanded, “We're lucky that the winter is fairly mild this far down. It snows a bit, but we usually only get one bad storm.” He tilted his head, asking, “What is it like in your home?”

“Certainly. Raspberries are.. well.. they're smaller than strawberries, and they're red and lumpy.” He blinked at Drashi, unsure what a smoothie was. “Is that like orange juice, but with other fruit in it?”

A hand squeezed his knee, and Faolan could help the way his face started to turn pink. He didn't mind the touch, but his mind went straight back to laying naked underneath the other, or kneeling nervously between his legs.

"Cold?" He chuckled. "We have many mountains. There are blizzards, ice, snow. It looks so pretty. When the sun rises... the rays bounce off the land and a million rainbows dance just above the surface. All you want to do is reach out and touch them but they're not really there. Like ghosts of magic that had once filled our world." As he spoke his expression softened, he even smiled a little. "I find it lovely. It is always my favourite time of year." It helped that his dragon enjoyed the ice and snow, it was easier to blend in, to fly and soar and just enjoy time in his second form.

It seemed like he wouldn't get that here.

He listened to the description of raspberries and nodded. "I think I understand."

With a nod he agreed; "A little. You add milk and make them into thick milkshakes also. I am more a fan of the more fruit juice like version. It is...." He shrugged, "A little lumpy but full of flavour. I am sure we can encourage Sapphire to bring what we need to our rooms and I will show you how to make them" He said softly. An excuse to be alone with the other, and doing something other than sex. Get to know each other and have fun. At least he hoped the other would find it fun.

He didn't remove his hand, since Faolan didn't seem to mind, his thumb slowly circled the guys inner thigh.

Lowering his voice he whispered to the other, "I know this isn't the time to ask.... but what are your thoughts...." He considered his words carefully, not wanting to put his foot up his own arse and come across as insensitive or as if he only wanted one thing. For that was far from the truth. "....about what we did last night?" While he had no issue about repeating their interactions, he didn't want the other to worry about such things either. He glanced at the other, trying to give what he hoped was a reassuring smile.

Glancing away he considered a change in direction. "What shall we do after breakfast? A walk perhaps? Or that swim? Something else?" He shrugged. "Your choose." He chuckled. "Anything you want."

Faolan tried to imagine high mountains and swirling snow, white turning into beautiful arrangements of color. It seemed more magic than reality, though he dearly wished they had anything so pretty during their winters. “It sounds beautiful.”

He chuckled, “Lumpy juice doesn't sound very good. But if you say it is, I will try it.” Milkshake? Did it involve shaking milk? It seemed a curious thing, but squishing fruit to make strange juice concoctions sounded fun. And a bit messy. “I would like for you to show me.”

After their morning awkwardness, he hadn't really expected Drashi to bring that up. He looked away, “My thoughts.. are that we didn't have much choice.” When he glanced up he saw the other was smiling kindly at him, he couldn't quite help the more honest answer from bubbling up, “I really don't know what to think at all. You're the only person I've ever.. been with..” He bit his lip, continuing, “All the same, I think you should feel free to do as you like. If you meet someone at court you wish to pursue, or anything of the sort, you shouldn't be inhibited.” That seemed like an odd thing to say with the other's hand caressing his thigh. Drashi had already offered to be with only him, but Faolan didn't think that was fair when they were only here together because of their parent's decisions.

“I thought you wanted to see Sir Aaron? That way I can show you to the practice grounds, so that you can go there in the morning whenever you'd like.” He had noticed Drashi brought his sword. “Though I do think it will be a nice day for a swim. We can do that after.”

"It is." He agreed, a small part of him loathing being here, already regretting not being at home. He was going to miss his favourite time of year... might not see it again for quite some time. Even if Faolan liked the idea of going to visit Draconia, things were never that simple.

He chuckled at the others reaction. "It's not so bad. I promise that I am not doing them justice.... they really are quite delicious." He assured lightly. Already contemplating a few combinations he enjoyed that may be available here. Would strawberries be a good addition he wondered? Or maybe they should attempt 'berry buster' adding all of Faolan's favoured fruits? They could experiment later..... it thrilled Drashi to even consider the fun they could have!

At least. Until things changed!

Drashi's whole body went stiff at the others cold words. Each one like an icy dagger to his heart.

"My thoughts.. are that we didn't have much choice."

"I really don't know what to think at all. You're the only person I've ever.. been with.."

"All the same, I think you should feel free to do as you like. If you meet someone at court you wish to pursue, or anything of the sort, you shouldn't be inhibited."

They circled and circled in his mind, picking up speed until eventually they were roaring within his ears so loud that he couldn't think of anything else.

He pulled his hand away sharply. His fingers flexing uselessly into a fist and then relaxing again as he moved them to the table before him and clasped them together. He looked away from the other, unable to put his feelings into words, unable to voice a single thought in fear that he would shatter and his emotions would pour out of him. Drashi visibly hardened, his soft expression turning stoic and distant. A slight nod was the only acknowledgement he gave at first.

After a moment, though it felt like a lifetime to the Prince, he finally said. "I understand. I shall not disturb you again." He wasn't sure what hurt more.... the fact that he had actually felt like they had started to understand each other... or.... if it was the pain that his mate had so cruelly rejected him. And it was a rejection. Had Faolan not leaned into his arm earlier? Had he not stepped closer in his chamber? Or was that a show....? Something allowed in moments of isolation but forbidden from the 'reality' of court life?

Clearing his throat.... a single stray thought passing through his mind; I will not cry; he looked towards Sapphire in the crowd. His friend, who had obviously figured something was wrong smiled a little sadly in Drashi's direction before looking at Faolan curiously... even if Drashi did recognise a spark of anger in his servants eyes. Such a loyal friend. It almost made Drashi laugh.... except he wasn't sure he could giggle right now let alone laugh.

When Sir Aaron was mentioned again, Drashi clung to it like the lifeline it was. "Indeed. Perhaps I will spend some time training with them today. You don't need to babysit me. I am sure there are others you would rather give your attentions to." If his words were cruel it was simply an echo of the pain within him, and with each ice dagger he was stabbed with, more and more ice froze around his heart, hardening him inside and out.

"We can consider the swim later perhaps. Perhaps, today would not be the best for such things, I should probably make a few appearances and learn my way around first. I am the latest intruder to your lands after all, I am sure there are many who are curious. I would hate to disappoint anyone's expectations of me." Harsh words. But really, it was an excuse, all earlier thoughts of how nice it would be to spend time together flooded with nasty gnarled thoughts, warping into something much darker in the Princes mind. He needed to fly now more than ever. It was a miracle his shape had shifted on its own.

He couldn't wait for breakfast to be over.