[18+]Spoiled Stardom (Rem x Pigeon)

Remalade

Hatori continued, seasoning the fish before getting out a saute pan. As he cooked, he heard a light humming behind him. He couldn't help smiling. Even when Niran was simply humming, he sounded lovely. Hatori found himself moving along to the melody a bit, and he shook his head at himself for getting caught up in the music. A few minutes later, the food was almost done. He pulled the rice out of the steamer and reached up to grab some plates from the cabinet.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remalade

• Kotorichan

Niran had closed his eyes while he hummed, allowing himself to get fully caught up in his song. He frowned and opened his eyes when he heard the plates being taken out of the cabinet. He leaned forward to see what Hatori had cooked. The delicious scent made his stomach growl. Niran blushed deeply, he still hadn't wanted to admit that he was hungry but it seemed unavoidable now.

Hatori heard the sound but decided to give Niran a break and didn't mention it. He served the plate of food and set it down in front of him. "Let's hope this actually tastes good. It's been a while since I've had to cook for anyone." he muttered. He sat down across from him and took a bite of the food. "Hm...not that bad...." he shrugged. Hatori decided to feed his pet as well, and went off to get the kitten's food.

Niran took a small bite of the food. "yeah, I guess it's okay" he muttered. He didn't want to actually give the man any kind of compliment. Especially not when he hadn't wanted him to cook anything in the first place. He just took small bites, pretending that he was just trying to be polite. He really wanted to just stuff his face with food, but he couldn't bring himself to admit anything to his manager.

Hatori was too busy preparing a little bowl of cat food to notice. He called for Shiro, leaning against the wall when the kitten crawled into view. "I knew you'd be hungry too, little guy." he smiled slightly. After making sure his pet was fed, the manager returned to his seat. He saw the tiny bites that Niran was taking, but decided not to say anything. If he did, the boy would no doubt go on another tangent of complaining. He could tell that Niran had some sort of issue with eating. But now didn't seem like a good time to bring it up.

Niran ate about half of the food before standing up. "I'm done" he said sharply before quickly leaving the room. He went back to the living room and flopped down on the couch. "do you want me to wait for you to finish eating before I start the movie again?" he called out to Hitori. He wanted to move on from the topic of food as soon as possible.

Hatori nodded and went about clearing the table, no longer in the mood to eat either. "I'm coming, just give me a minute." he called. The manager quickly cleaned up the mess they had made and returned to the living room. "Alright, I'm ready." he added, sitting down on the couch calmly.

Niran managed to scoot the cat back into his lap. "alright" he turned the movie back on. After a few minutes he was already completely absorbed in the movie. He was hugging the cat to his chest the whole time. He didn't say a word throughout the whole film. When it ended he glanced at Hitori with a smile. "that was fun"

As the movie progressed, Hatori found himself paying more attention to who was sitting next to him than what was happening on the screen. Seeing Niran so enamored by the movie was so much different than the seemingly stuck-up and rude ball of anger he was used to seeing every day. He wondered if this was who Niran really was under the layers of being a brat. When the movie ended, he tried to seem like he hadn't been staring, but he still managed to see the small smile. "Yeah, it was alright." he muttered, stifling a tired yawn.

Niran let the kitten jump down on the floor. "yeah" he stretched and stood up. "so, where am I sleeping? Do you have a guest room or anything?" he was starting to feel really sleepy. "and what time to I have to wake up tomorrow morning?" he just assumed that Hitori had all the answers as usual.

"Yeah, there's a guest bedroom. We don't have to get up as early as usual, but we can't afford to sleep in either. I'll wake you up when the agency gives me further instruction." Hatori responded. He stood up and stretched lightly before leading him upstairs. He stopped at the door directly across from his bedroom. "There's a private bathroom attached and the bed is kinda big, I guess, so you should be fine. Call me if you need anything else."

"alright, see you in the morning" Niran said with a yawn. He went into the guest room and shut the door without another word. He had already showered and so just got into bed. He curled up and tried to sleep, but since it wasn't his own bed he ended up getting out of bed and sitting on the floor. He took out his phone and started working on a new song. He just sung to himself and made notes on what worked.

Hatori nodded and returned to his bedroom, climbing into bed tiredly. Today had been a long, exhausting day, and he was eager to rest. Even after he'd laid down and relaxed, he couldn't seem to fall asleep. He couldn't help worrying about Niran a bit. He wondered if he was alright. After all, the star had been nearly assaulted, and now he was forced to sleep in a place he wasn't familiar with. Even if Niran was a celebrity, he was still a kid in some way. Was he handling this stressful lifestyle well? After about an hour of laying there and thinking, Hatori finally fell asleep. He was a light sleeper, and a while later, he woke up to a soft sound from across the hall. Hatori sat up groggily and crept out into the hallway. He froze when he realized it was Niran's singing.

Niran kept singing, pausing every once in awhile to fix a lyric or the tune. He started to get too into the song and began to raise his voice. His sweet song filled the house for a few minutes before he stopped himself, remembering where he was. "fuck..." he muttered. Hitori kept commenting that he was annoyed by the sound. He quickly got up and opened the door of his room, hoping that the man would still be asleep.

Hatori was now wide awake. He shook his head in amusement as Niran began singing even louder. Did he knew it was almost 1 am? Perhaps he was having trouble sleeping. Hatori was about to go back to his room when the singing suddenly stopped. He hesitated, wondering what was wrong, when the door suddenly swung open. Like a deer caught in the headlights, Hatori stayed rooted to the spot, at a loss for what to say. Well, he certainly looked like a creep. "Um, I was just going to get some water. Are you okay?" he asked.

"are you sure you weren't just coming to tell me to shut up?" Niran glared at the man. "I know you hate it when I sing, I just got carried away for a minute" he snapped the words angrily. "I'll be more careful, so don't throw a fit about how annoying it is" he slammed the door and flipped off the lights, going straight back to bed to try to sleep.

Hatori stared at the other in shock. How could someone get so angry so quickly? As the door was slammed in his face, the manager was past the point of being annoyed by Niran's fits. He could only wonder what made him so upset. Perhaps he really did have a bit of insecurity about his voice. That would explain why he always got so defensive when it came to his singing. Hatori sighed, knowing that he needed to say something or it would only get worse.

He knocked on the door lightly to announce his presence before stepping inside. The room was pitch black, but he could still see a lump under the covers on the bed. "Listen, Niran. Even if I make fun of you all the time, I don't think your voice is annoying. Honestly, you have one of the best voices in the industry. Whether you choose to believe me or not, that's how I really feel, so don't take my teasing to heart, okay?" he said lightly. He hesitated, unsure of how the star would take his words.

Niran curled up into a tight ball under the covers. "yeah right, I know how this stuff works. You have to find that perfect balance between praise and criticism so I keep working... Even if you don't mean a word of it" he pulled the blankets over his head. "just leave me alone already... I've already spent the whole day listening to you lecture me, at least give me a break at night"

Hatori rolled his eyes, feeling his frustration rising. What was wrong with this kid? Why was he always fighting against him so much?

"Dammit, do you even listen to a word I say? This isn't about any of that. This isn't about us working together, none of that matters. I'm saying that you are talented. I'm saying that I like your voice. I'm saying that I like you, Niran." Hatori hesitated., realizing how that had sounded. That wasn't what he meant, was it? Honestly, he wasn't sure, and now he was feeling a little awkward.

Niran sat up and glared at him. "you're getting paid to pretend you care about me, if someone with more promise came along and you could be their manager then I bet you wouldn't think twice about moving on" he choked back tears of anger. "stop trying to act like you're my friend or some shit, I'm like a fucking cow that you only need to sell what I make"

Hatori ran his hand through his hair in exasperation. What would it take to get through to this kid? "This isn't about money, Niran! Do you honestly think that if I only cared about getting paid, I would still be here? How many other people have quit working with you because of your attitude? Count them, we'll be here all night. And yes, I could have gone and worked with someone else, but I didn't. I've stayed with you. And do you know why? Because I actually fucking care about you, Niran. You are a good person under all of that anger, and I just wanted you to let go of it and be happy. But you're so damn wrapped up in yourself and believing that you're alone and no one understands that you can't see the person in front of you that actually gives a shit." he muttered angrily. He then realized that during his rant he had moved to the side of the bed, and he could almost see the tears threatening to fall down Narin's face. Had he said too much? Had he gone too far? Either way, the words had been spoken and there was no taking them back.

Niran stared down at his hands, he tried to hold back tears but failed. He quickly covered his face with his hands and let out a shaky sob. "shut up... I know how many managers have left... What difference does it make? All they did was make it feel like I was living in a cage... I had to report what I ate, how much I exercised, how much I practiced... They're all the same and then you come and suddenly expect me to trust you" he gave Hitoei a tearful glare. "you're just another manager, why would I think you're any different?"

Hatori felt his stomach drop when he heard the sound of strained sob, and he automatically softened. Now he'd made the kid cry. What kind of idiot manager was he? He sat down on the bed beside him, pulling Niran's hands away from his face. "You know, cute people like you shouldn't cry. You look much better when you smile." he muttered as he wiped away his tears. Hatori suddenly leaned in and pressed a kiss against his cheek. He remained quiet for a minute afterwards before talking softly. "I'm not going to treat you like anyone else, Niran. Just trust me....okay?"

Niran's face flushed red at the kiss. "w-what the hell?" he jerked away from Hitori and rubbed his cheek. "what was that for? Do you have a crush on me or something?" he grumbled. He looked away, clearly embarrassed. "I'm not going to believe you're any different from the rest until you prove it" he glanced at the man. "so be prepared for me to keep being a huge brat"

Hatori couldn't help but laugh a bit at his reaction. He honestly wasn't sure why he did it either, but it somehow seemed like the right thing to do. Did he have feelings for Niran? That would explain the kiss and the reoccurring thought he was having that the boy was cute. Their argument had brought up a few things that Hatori couldn't stop thinking about. When he said that he liked Niran, had he meant it in a platonic way or romantic way? The weight settling in his chest told him that it was the latter. Even so, he thought that messing up the situation with his unsure feelings would only make things worse.

"That sounds like a challenge, Niran. But if you want me to prove it to you, then I will. As long as when you realize that I'm right, you'll actually give me a chance instead if pushing me away."