^~^The Business Engagement^~^

Teesie

The Business Engagement

kishimoto.jpg

Name:Celís Machaya

Biography: At the age of eighteen, Celís was the heir of a nanotechnology company that his family had been operating for the last twenty years. The man was very experienced with the devices and how the technology worked, so his father was more than happy to retire early and hand the business over to his son. Then, at the age of 24, the dark haired male had finally inherited the company. Though there was just one problem, over the years another company had come and now were competition. Celís had to do everything to take them down.

Beginning Post

Cameras were posted everywhere though the dark haired business man was fond of the reporters. Advertising his product of the newest technology was all that the male had in mind, albeit his rival was here. It was true that the smaller male was intelligent, but Celís knew that the selling of products took more than just smarts.

The older male, Machaya, had charm as well, and he used it to the best of his ability. Women as well as men all fell over for him. The other was defiantly an attractive male as well, but he had more of a feminine charm about surround him.

"It's all in the surroundings," Celís began, looking at his rival. "My company has been around for years. We know what we are doing." Trying to temp the man as he continued to talk to all the reporters and paparazzi. Saying that the coal eyed man didn't like the spotlight would be a lie, in fact he relished in it.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• クローバー (Clover)

boy10.jpg

Name: Shou Ijimaru (維持丸晶)

Bio: Shou was intended to move into the marketing department of his father's budding nanotechnology corporation until his father suddenly became terminally ill on a business trip and made his dying wish that his son would succeed him as CEO of the corporation. Respecting his father's last wish, Shou rose to the occasion and took the reins of the corporation. With hard work and help from his employees combined with a flair for advertising and presenting, he led the company to meteoric success at age 19. His performance, while shaky at times, was consistent enough to attract the attention of another major company who had been in the business longer than him, thus igniting a heated business rivalry and providing him with the opportunity of a lifetime to do his father proud.

Shou looked at the Celís with a slight air of disdain as well as mild interest. The man's blatantly seeking out of the spotlight didn't really appeal to him as a method of marketing a product, but his company was so successful as things currently stood that Shou couldn't help but wonder what it was about the man that made the masses look at his products first. Shou looked back at his own intricate display in the back, waiting to be wheeled in front of the reporters to demonstrate his newest product. It had been carefully put together days before the convention even started and tested carefully as well. As Shou walked through the crowd of pushy reporters, he couldn't help but notice that Celís was looking at him most of the time and seemingly directing his words in the same direction.

He claims to know everything, but I can't help but believe that there's still much he can learn. Time isn't the lone determinant of one's expertise. Shou thought, returning his rival's eye contact with a gaze that said "Go on. I'm listening."

Sending a smirk to the younger male Celís waved at the cameras in dismissal. Walking after the other in short strides, his coal eyes staying on the blue haired man as he was now in arm's length.

"What's the matter? Do you not like the spotlight?" Many reporters and paparazzi surrounding them as they took pictures and tried capturing their conversation as well as the recorders could through the obnoxious noise of screaming fans. It was insane how many fans the two of them had. To actually attract attention like a famous pop singer was the least that Celís thought he would do when taking upon his father's business.

"It's not nice to be so stuck up toward your fans right? I honor you all!" The dark haired male exclaimed Turning his attention to the audience that was standing behind the railing of the convention building.

"Meh. It's a little too much work, and I've said it time and time again: I find your methods to be somewhat narcissistic, and I do not necessarily agree with them. Yet somehow, I can put up with them every single damn time I see you." Shou said, half-heartedly waving to their audience with a faint smile. "And I wouldn't call them fans as much as I would prefer to call them stalkers, to be frank. Does it ever occur to you that they try to track our every move, even trying to invade our personal lives at certain points?"

Shou's associates were getting nervous as the crowd was backed up near them and their display. Shou discreetly motioned for them to silently wheel it back to their vehicle for further tune-ups.

"Anyway, the truth of the matter is that I'm not as much of a showman as you, and I've found my niche in other methods of advertisement." Shou said calmly.

There was a light chuckle that escaped the dark haired male's lips as he shook his head and crossed his arms across his chest. "Don't be so pessimistic. My skills as a businessman is just as well as yours, right? You should show more support. It will gain you respect."

Glancing back to the audience Celís rubbed a hand through his dark, silky hair as the male soon started to talk once more. "Don't you think calling them all stalkers is a little harsh? They won't be very happy when they hear that on television? You'll have front page of the magazine for sure. Oh! I get it." Averting his attention back to the smaller male.

"Your new method is to talk illy about those around you to get attention. It seems like that would be your strategy." His coal eyes staring at the other in a mocking way. Such a beauty as himself to act with such an attitude. It's more attractive than a turn off.

"Very funny," Shou said, still calm and collected. "I guess you rely on childish insults to get attention. That makes us even, I suppose. Even so, I'm quite shocked that they still choose to take you seriously despite your antics. I guess we'll see who gets the last laugh once we reveal our products to the masses. As for my previous statement, let them hear it. I'd rather be known as strong-willed and pessimistic than subservient of the masses. You give them an inch, they'll take a mile. You may not have seen it now, but you will eventually."

Shou knew deep down that he could be accumulating bad karma by doing this, but he didn't care. What else could he do at this point? That which has been said could not be unsaid. Therefore, he had to take a clear position to avoid losing face. It irked him how Celís liked to toy with him in public like a four-year-old child. The man needed to stop treating serious matters like games.

Now Celís was out right laughing at thee statement that the smaller teen had said. "Wow you really are something aren't you? I don't throw insults to the crowd to gain popularity, I just simply praise them. Don't be upset with yourself when you become a hopeless bum and need my help. It pays to be nice kid." Raising a hand to slightly ruffle the other's hair.

"For such a feminine guy you pack a lot of...what should I say? Anger? Why are you such a self-centered brat." Coal eyes roaming around slightly to the audience, paparrazi, reporters and back to Shou.

"Don't get too cock as to think your product would even sell half as much as mine. You should leave and save yourself the embarrasement." Now walking away from the blue haired male and trailing to his members. The technology was out in the open, but covered with a thin cloth. The dark haired male had made sure that the audience was both amazed with the appearance of the product, as well as the works.

Shou returned to his associates, hiding his annoyance with Celís' arrogance with a cool, stoic face. At the moment, he wanted the man to burn to the ground where he stood, but he would never say that in the open. Out of respect for his colleague, he made no disrespectful gestures as he awaited the presentation of the new product.

Let's see who's gets the last laugh now, Mr. Egomaniac. he thought. Shou silently signaled to his associates to be ready to bring out their display.

The dark haired male kept his eyes on the smaller man and smirked as he seem to contain his annoyance. Well Celís had to admit that the young bluenette was good with keeping his emotions in check. Well, that was something that Shou had on him, because the coal eyed male couldn't keep so calm when something was annoying him.

Hmph...that kid really have nerves to talk to me that way, yet alone challenge me. He's a good productor but the brat has far more to learn. Though....I won't talk ill mannered about him. This year maybe he could surprise even me.

Of all the things that disturbed him about Celís, Shou felt most uneasy with his eyes. Since they were aimed directly at his own, it felt like the man up front was watching his every move, waiting for him to make an uncourteous remark to beat down on him for it. Well, Shou wasn't about to let him have his fun; he had become very much proficient at controlling his emotions from just his first few years as CEO. While he disliked the man himself, Shou had to admit that he respected Celís as a competitor. The fact that his products were so popular fueled Shou's desires to outdo him one day and gave him something worth working towards, and the rivalry caused sales to sharply increase on both of their ends.

Well, he better have something good. I don't like being kept waiting. he thought.

I wonder what this kid has in store. Maybe I should go go ask him to present himself first. That would most certaintly make him angry right? Maybe not seeing as he is very good with keeping his emotions calm, but...I know something I could do that could probably break that calmness.

The dark haired male walked closer to the smaller blunette before smiling slightly. "Don't you think that you should present your product first. I wouldn't want my device to be so jaw-dropping that the audience doesn't pay much attention to you while you present. I wouldn't want to be too rude. That, is because you are very entertaining to watch at least." Celís snaked his hand down to touch Shou's ass, steadily looking into his eyes.

Celís' touch threw Shou off guard. Nobody had touched him like that before. It felt strange, but oddly warm at the same time. Still trying to retain a shred of control, Shou backed away, shocked.

"Oi! We're in public, you pervert!" Shou hissed. "If you insist on me going first, I shall."

Shou motioned to his associates to bring the display to the front. At least he'd be away from that perv while he was presenting.

"Very well then, ladies and gentlemen, my company has been recently stemming out into areas beyond the medical field. Our latest endeavors have been in the electronics industry. What we have here for you today is a sample of our latest work." Shou said, his associates removing the covering on the display. What was shown was a small holographic diagram of the conference building with a translucent sphere around it. The sphere was actually made up of millions of nanobots. Occasionally, some of them would flash various colors. "What you have here doesn't look much right now. But when you turn the device on..."

Shou pressed a button on the base of the holographic projector and the sphere suddenly vanished. He then connected a CD player to the base of the projector, and music started to play from what seemed like everywhere in the room. The quality was crisp and perfectly clear, as if the audience was at a live concert instead of listening to a recording, and the floors vibrated with the powerful bass.

"What you have here is an ultra-powerful surround sound system! We call it Omnidirectional Surround Sound! What happens is that the holographic projector base scans the building's inner walls and programs the nanobots to evenly distribute themselves across the room to provide the most even distribution of sound. Because of that, OSS would make an ideal PA system for a large building. The powerful supermagnets within each nanobot's speakers allows for powerful playback, making OSS ideal for stadiums, and other large musical venues as well."

Shou pressed another button, and the nanobots started flashing dazzling colors in time with the music. "The nanobots also can be set to display various light shows. We're currently attempting to make them display movies as well, which we expect to accomplish by the end of the year. The base is also compatible with any mp3 player or computer you can name as well as several types of gaming consoles. We are working towards getting it on the shelves of electronics stores early next year. Thank you for your time."

The applause from the audience was thunderous. Cameras went off like crazy as the reporters were scrawling down notes on Shou's sound system. Shou walked back to his rival, as stoic as ever.

"Not bad, right?" he said, a small, but obviously smug, grin creeping onto his face. Though, at the back of his mind, he wanted to strangle the man for touching him like that in the presence of almost every newspaper in Japan.

At the presentation the dark haired male was astonished. The technology that the kid had made was defiantly an award winning device. The coal eyed man had to even shut his mouth several of times during the explanation.

"This is crazy! He has totally out done himself this year." An assistant stated as his mouth was wide opened as well, Celís for sure had to present his better or he'd lose this battle fairly.

"You may be right, but we have a special suprise of our own just let's hope it astonished the crowd more." Moments later the smaller blue haired male had walked to him, his face showing no emotions as he asked about his presentation. The older male could tell that the other was a bit smug about it.

"I give you my honest words.....your project is genius. You may even beat me this year, but we'll have to see about that." Walking away from the other as he strides toward the audienc of people.

"Well, let us all give another hand for that astonishing piece of device there." Pointing toward Shou's work. The crowd once again erupted in a fit of yells, laughing and screaming over the technological product. "Well, I think I may have a run for my money this year, but I won't give up too quickly. I would like to present you with...the X650 Sunderd I-rocket sound. I know big name but let's enjoy it."

The crowd went to screaming as the thin cloth was pulled away to reveal a clear device with a blueish glow around it. The light shined around the spherical device in a 360 degree coverage. "This here is my product, in a spherical form and I also have some in a rectangular form. The light will always have a 360 degree coverage no matter which one you were to pick. As you can see the light comes odd as a beam and once you play the music it also changes colors. I admit that the device does not automatically anaylze the room for the coverage but I'm quite sure that it is great none the less."

The music began to play as the light around the spherical ball began to change color and blend, sort of like disco lights. The music was as clear bouncing the waves of sound from one wall to another. "I have built this device on the behalf of my radio station. Yes, that is the extra surprise. All sounds waves are meant to be as clear no matter were you are, it can even be used outside, unlike the kids." Glancing back to the bluenette. "How could his device actually anaylze the open space of the world, it's not possible right? Well, if you were to get mine I'm sure you will still enjoy it. I have as switch on the X650 that makes it changes the directional waves to the floor and back to the ears. It all works out."

The crowd was standing and listening intentionally. "Now I've made this on the behalf of the radio station to have my own music. There will be and app where you could come to buy your music for the device and when I'm feeling generous I would even be willing to give one song or more out for free. This also comes with a cord that could hook it to your car no matter what you drive. It can also be used as a phone, for a small fee. I could stay up here longer to talk more but I have made this long enough. Just read the rest that I will be posting later, or in magazines. Thank you."

The crowd gave thunderous claps as well as the coal eyed man made it back to his stationed place before the presentation had started. This was defiantly stressful.

For the first time since he got to the convention, Shou actually smiled a genuine smile. He knew that he hadn't considered making it applicable outside, and that was truly a great move on his rival's part. This was what made his respect for his competitor unparalleled in the business world; his uncanny ability to outdo him at every turn. On a personal level... Things weren't smooth at all. Deep down, Shou was seething with envy, wanting to kill the man where he stood more and more. However, his father's discipline always seemed to have the better of him, so he resisted those immature urges.

"I'll hand it to you, using the thing outside wasn't something I would've thought up of first. I'm really impressed with it. Hell, I might even buy it myself." Shou said. His words were true, as much as he wouldn't have liked to admit it. "But I'll still stand behind mine and say it's a better product in the long run."

The dark haired male laughed at the smaller teen. "As you wish kid, it's a better product in the division of appearance. Products are meant to suffice not to sit on a shelf for display." Smirking toward the bluenette as he slowly ruffled the other hair. "Plus I would like it if you respected the project and call it the X650 Sunderd I-rocket sound, or just the X650 for short. I will give repect for your project as well, and since I like the damn thing so much...how about I give you money in advance for one?" Raising an eyebrow at the smaller male.

The reporters had all seemed to have had enough of the scoop as some was leaving to turn in their films first to the highest selling buyer, while others waited around for a more personal story.

Shou took out his wallet. Maybe he could learn more from his competitor if he bought the device itself.

"I like the sound of that. How much do you think your X650 would sell for if it were on the market right now? I can pay you up front right now if you'd like." Shou said. It was this side of his competitor that Shou respected most. Despite having been the recipient of dozens of insults, Celís was able to recognize when Shou actually meant what he said and wasn't just throwing meaningless insults at him. This allowed Shou to abandon his envious sentiments at least until he was alone.

That was strange actually, the same question he restrained himself from asking was what the other had asked him, so he guessed it wasn't too personal.

"Well my fine rival, it depends on which you want. Spherical would go for $480.95 though the rectangular for just $420.95." Smiling at the blue haired male as he too reached in his pocket to pull out his wallet moments later. "I don't carry cash, so I can hope you make do with a check." Reaching into his vest pocket to withdraw a black ink pen.

"So, tell me how much your Omnidirectional surround Sound may go for?" Tapping the pen against the small check balanced paper.

"I'd predict at least $369.99, probably because your X650 has more features. And a check will suffice." Shou said, handing over $490 to Celís in cash. "Keep the change, by the way."

Shou was smiling again. He enjoyed interacting with other businessmen and learning more about how to better himself through their works. He and Celís had a particularly long history as rivals, so despite all the insults, Shou still considered Celís to be somewhat of a friend to him. But that touch from before... It got him thinking. Were they destined to be just friends? Or would something else happen? Either way, Shou knew he'd be fine.

"Your kidding right?" Looking at smaller male with a raised eyebrow. That was pretty damn cheap for such a good device as the Omnidirectional surround sound, it sounded like a bargain sell. Still staring to Shu as he suppressed a small chuckle to himself. "Well, as long as your making sure that your making more money than your losing." Placing the pen to the paper and scribbling the price down as well as who it should be sent to and from.

Ripping off the balanced check paper Celís handed the paper to the smaller male and smiled at him. "How about you and I talk this over lunch. I'll pay." Combing his fingers through his black hair as he kept his coal eyes focused on the beauty in front of him.

"Could this be a sign of a new romance. The title 'Romance and Rilvalry.'" The woman assistant of the older male said.

"Sure, I'm kinda hungry anyway." Shou said, pocketing the check. "Did you have any place specific that you wanted to eat at?"

Shou's cheeks turned a faint shade of pink. He had been a failure at romance in school; girls weren't interested in him, and he assumed all the guys he knew were taken. Having Celís suddenly become friendly after being so hell-bent on running him out of business was a shocking, and very much welcomed, change.

"Do you think that they'll ever be more than friends?" asked one of Shou's associates.

"Probably. Shou might be friendly now, but I bet in a couple days' time, he'll just go back to being cold and unfeeling like he always is." replied another.

"Hey, don't assume it's not going to work. You don't even know what kinds of people Shou's into." piped in a third. "Who knows, it might be the best thing for him to be in love..."

The older male just nodded to the other before handing the money that he took from the blunette over to his womanly assistant. "Actually I did have a place. Lozaqué. It appears to be the new restaurant that opened today. I was planning to go alone after the convention, but what could be better than going with such a beauty as yourself."

Dusting invisible dirt from his vest the taller man began to walk away from his rivaled male before calling out to him. "Shou, come. We will ride there in my car."

Shou blushed a little more visibly. Celís' comments flattered him greatly. He nodded in agreement and followed his rival to the car in question. One of his associates came up from behind and gently tapped his shoulder.

"If you're going with Machaya-san, do you want us to take your car?" a male associate asked.

"Go ahead. Just don't crash it, or it's coming out of your salary." Shou handed his car key to the associates from his key ring in his briefcase and stowed the rest of his keys away quickly. "If I'm not back at the office after lunch, please drive my car home and take the train back to the office. You should know where to go."

The associates nodded and went off to search for Shou's car. Shou turned back to his rival.

"So it's a new restaurant, eh? What kind of food does it serve?" Shou asked.

Celís glanced back to the bluenette, seeing him interact with one of his assistants. Smirking the dark haired male turned to unlock his car. Upon getting into the vehicle he heard the other ask a question.

"So it's a new restaurant, eh? What kind of food does it serve?"[/Quote]

Glancing to his left the older male leaned over to open the door for the smaller and hummed at the question. To be honest be didn't know himself, but he had heard it was Italian. "Word is that it's an Italian restaurant. Though all serving would be home-made. The people say even the noodles will be made by the cookers. I found it interesting and wanted to see for myself." Smiling softly at Shou, watching as he got into the car.

Shou got into the car. He took notice of how neat and clean it all was and felt a little bad that he hadn't vacuumed the inside of his own car in a couple months.

"So it's an Italian restaurant. Interesting." Shou said. "Homemade stuff sounds a lot more appetizing than that frozen shit other restaurants try to pass off as 'homemade'. I hope they can follow through on their promise."

Shou buckled his seatbelt and crossed his legs, working out a kink in his neck. The convention had been pretty exhausting, although he'd never make a huge show of it. Sometimes, he wondered how Celís was holding up. From the outside, he looked as energetic as ever, but Shou couldn't help but think there were more complex processes going on within his rival's psyche.

"Hey, do you ever feel exhausted from these conventions? All these conferences have been killing my back from all the driving." Shou said.

A chuckled reigned through the car as Celís coal eyes landed on the smaller male. "Well, I'm pretty sure it does sound much appetizing. The words are only rumors so we'll see if it's actually true or just as stated." Averting his attention to the steering wheel, the dark haired male pushed a button set on the side of the dashboard and the car roared to life.

Adjusting the rearview mirror the older man started to drive forward throughout the small parking lot and out onto the street. "Actually yes, the conventions could be quite unnerving as well as tiring. The audience, paparazzi and the reporters could be very annoying." Revving up the speed to dash past a stop light which was turning red.

Glancing to the smaller male from the corner of his eye, Celís smiled slightly. "So, I know a lot about you Shou...but I never got your age. Is that a secret that your not willing to give to the public?"