Those Little Magic Words (ideduce x AkiraVadel)

akiravadel

Arthur pushed him over as an arrow was shot between them he turned and shot another arrow into the man's throat. He pulled arrow after arrow defeating a second rush of bandits like nothing. The only thing his brain told him was that Merlin was shot.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• ideduce

Merlin saw another group coming and was pissed at this point. His eyes narrowed and flashed gold as hard gush of wind threw the new men back and down the hill. He held onto his shoulder which was now bleeding through his shirt.

Sir Edmond slashed the last man down and panted as he looked around, "are you alright Sire? Your not hurt are you?"

"Tend to Merlin.....NOW!"

Something surged through him. Self hatred. He promised, and promised, and promised, but failed.

Sir Edmond blinked and looked over at the raven who was now slumped over the horse. The other men pulled him down and wrapped up his shoulder, "It's a half a days ride to Camelot from here. We'll need to slow down for him. Shall we head back now?"

Merlin panted hard and shook his head trying to get them to stop touching him, "I-I'm fine I just... need Gauis." What he wanted to do was heal himself.

Arthur moved closer to Merlin.

"wouldn't faster be better? He needs attention now."

Arthur mounted the horse and tightened the bandage.

"You took an arrow for me." he looked to the other knights. "Remind me to have a word with all of you later." As if they were in some form of trouble, his father's wrath seemed hereditary.

Arthur placed pressure on the wound and hand Merlin on his lap, and rode fast and hard. He didn't let Merlin bounce around he held him steady while running the horse at break neck speeds. You'd think the castle was being attack from how he was riding.

The knights were in shock but quickly rode after them. They knew Arthur and Merlin had a strong friendship but when he mentioned Merlin taking an arrow for him they understood.

Merlin leaned against Arthur a little but at the speed they were going they had to lean forward a bit. He hissed a little at first but Arthur had a good hold on him. After about ten minutes he started to feel a bit light headed. Blinking slowly his eyes flashed gold as he healed his shoulder a little trying to keep the blood loss low.

"Merlin listen to me! Don't close your eyes don't do anything just listen to me and don't fall asleep. Remember when-" he broke off ranting on things they've been through together.

He rode into the town. Jumping carts that might be in the way and rode straight to the gates.

"GAIUS!" a ward went to Arthur. "Tell Gaius Merlin's been injured and I'm bringing him to him now, clear a table to what you can to help him so he's ready when we arrive." the ward ran and Arthur dismounted carrying Merlin in his arms. "Stay awake! That's an order! DO YOU HEAR ME!"

Merlin's head was spinning. He wasn't used to being injured like this. He groaned as Arthur pulled him from the horse and went to carry him. He trembled and reached up grabbing Arthur by the front of his shirt, "Ar...thur..." His head rolled back as he finally slipped into the darkness.

Gaius was shocked when people burst into his room and started explaining what was going on. He told them which table to clear and started getting things out to help Merlin, "where is he injured?"

"His shoulder, but he lost a lot of blood." Arthur walked in and placed him on the table with his wound upwards.

"can I do anything?" Arthur asked half panicked.

"yes, leave." Gaius retorted.

Arthur made a face at first but quickly left.

"Make sure no one bothers Gaius." He told the ward.

He then walked away and paused. He looked inside the rabbit fur pouch. Did they leave him anything that might help?

Inside the pouch was a white crystal, a small glass full of blue sand it looked like and a paper with odd writing on it.

Gaius waited until he left before unwrapping Merlin's arm and quickly removed the arrow, "AHHH!!!"

Merlin lurched up and reached to hold his shoulder. Tears in his eyes he looked at Gaius, "why..."

"It has to come out Merlin," Gaius shook his head. Merlin took a deep breath, "meren filep azod-....adozen..." He panted and tried again to heal himself. "Meren filep adozen!" A glow came from his hand and healed his shoulder. He relaxed back onto the table and Gaius went to wrapping him up.

"You caused quite a scare with Arthur. I've never seen him so panicked," Gaius was mainly wrapping his arm to give the illusion of him being still injured.

"Yeah... a lot happened on this trip..." Merlin slowly sat up with Gaius's help.

He placed the sand and crystal back into the pouch and tried to deceiver the writing. Anything to get his mind off Merlin as he made his way to talk with his knights. Though he wouldn't let them see the parchment.

The knights were in talking to Uther who was rather livid at this point, "Arthur!" His voice boomed in the palace as he saw his son.

"You went off with just your man servant, fought the bandits and nearly got yourself killed!" Uther slammed his hand down o the table.

He looked up at him. He had the eyes of a king as if his father defied him. The gaze cut straight into his eyes, never did he have this look on him before.

"If it's all the same to you father I'd like to speak with the knights privately and then you. Please."

Uther was enraged, "what did you just say to me!" He walked over to Arthur and looked down at him. "You will not speak to me that way. You need to really think about defying me."

The older man was pissed but then another knight came in, "sir your party has arrived."

Uther took a deep breath, "this will have to wait until after I greet them." He pushed past Arthur and left the room.

Arthur looked at the knights.

"You do not attack a town full of women who know not battle. Do not give our town a coward's name. Hocus Pocus rumors, who told my father such a lie that we might be at odds end like this?" Arthur asked them. "Answer me." he was just as angry as his father but he didn't project his voice.

Where Uthor ruled by causing fear and yelled. Arthur could kept a straight flat town that enforced respect.

"And the bandits. Tch....There is even more plots here." he frowned.

"Sire... we knew about bandits in the area... when we reported the druid camp to your father," Sir Edmond's eyes trailed away from Arthur's. They were ordered to attack the camp. Uther wanted to send Arthur to make sure they left or to take out the last of them.

another knight looked down, "we're sorry Sire... we were following orders."

"It was wrong." he glared.

he closed his eyes and sighed.

"I helped them. If you ever destroy a town like that again, you will have someone sneak out and compensate for such a thing." Arthur looked away.

He was clearly defying his father. He looked back at them.

"I'll take responsibility for them, and if father tells you to ride out and destroy them, then you ride out, kill some swine and return to the castle. Don't you ever harm an innocent soul again because I will not have their blood at the hands of my father's kingdom." and yet he knew his place. "You're forgiven, I've made it right with them. If you ride out and ever see them....Give them something." he walked over to Edmond and hugged him. "We all make mistakes. Just watch what you say about magic." he gave him a pat on the back. "Thank you for riding out to help us though. It was nicely timed......And what party is my father seeing exactly?"

"Yes Sire," they each bowed down to him. They didn't want to but the king made them leave to do that. They were as afraid of Uther as everyone else was.

((im trying to decide how Arthur will end up finding out. I would love for it to be a huge blow up))

Merlin was now laying in his bed resting. Gaius caught Gwen and told her how Merlin was doing and asked her to tell Arthur that he was doing fine.

Gwen gently knocked before walking into the main chambers, "Arthur... sorry to interrupt. Gaius wanted me to let you know Merlin is fine and resting."

(maybe like in the series but differnt, when morgana makes Uthor crazy and Merlin tries to help but then she reverses it and Arthur catches him healing him but he dies anyway. Which makes him distrust him. After all he was raised to hate magic, but being a just man he'd think Merlin is guilty anyway. Morgana then might conspire with the new treasurer that's a sorcerer against Arthur)

Arthur smiled very relieved. His shoulders dropped as he was no longer angry. He went over to her and kissed her then ran off to see Merlin for himself. (XD charmer)

((oh instead of Merlin being the old man version he's his normal self? Interesting... should be fun. :) ))

((lol btw))

Gwen swooned a little and fanned herself, "A-Arthur..."

Merlin was tucked into his bed in the back room of Gaius's work area. Gaius saw Arthur come in, "I see Gwen told you the good news. He's resting now."

He got closer looking at him. Moving his head this way and that way, then he looked up at Gaius.

"How long before he's completely fine?"

Gaius looked at Arthur a little surprised, "well he'll be fine to move around tomorrow but no heavy lifting for at least a week. Luckily it was his shoulder so it didn't hit anything important. Until then please go easy on him Sire."

Merlin sighed softly and shifted on his bed.

"Gaius can you.......Turn around a second." Arthur asked motioning with a hand to spin around so his back would be against them.

Gaius blinked a bit surprised but nodded his head, "I'll go get some more water." He stepped out of the room shutting the door behind him.

Merlin inhaled deeply in his sleep.

Arthur leaned down and kissed Merlin's ear placing his hand on top of his.

"I'll handle everything, next time don't do things like that." he kissed his cheek and sat down next to him.

Dealing with his father and the 'party' were no longer his concern. His attachment to Merlin was greater. Which may not be a good thing.