Those Little Magic Words (ideduce x AkiraVadel)

akiravadel

Merlin blinked as he was turned around, "Um... okay..." He started to wonder away but he was planning on spying on Arthur once they got to their talking place. He was a rather nosy guy.

"This way," Gareth walked into his tent and over to a table in the corner. He sat at one of the chairs and folded his hands in his lap waiting for Arthur to sit across from him. His tent was the largest, but still had a bed on the ground with only a couple blankets, a table and a water basin. "What did you want to talk about?"

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• ideduce

He looked at the bed and pursed his lips. Make stable houses took a lot longer then making a stable bed.

"I've...." he sighed and sat down. "You said something along the lines of fate, and.....I've been having this dream. At first I thought nothing of it but...Merlin dies." he looked up at him in the eyes. "I......Die, and it's been bothering me. We're....." he made a face. "He's....on me and I.....well that part really doesn't matter...But....Knights walk in and club him off me and then my father cuts my head off." he got a shiver from it. "And no I'm not telling Merlin he'd just....Laugh or something, and I'm not afraid." he crossed his arms lying flat out. In fact the thought terrified him. "I could ask Merlin to get me a sleeping drought but I don't feel like being questioned about it......Would you......Could you.....Maybe help me?"

Gareth looked over Arthur's face and sighed softly, "nothing can help you for sleeping at this point young prince. Your mind is in turmoil because of your realized feelings. You and Merlin are close right? Your worried what might happen to him and your father disapproving."

He looked over the other mans face, "your destiny is already being laid out before you. You are part of a prophecy and Merlin is your guide. Haven't you noticed he's always right beside you every step of the way? And I think you are afraid otherwise you wouldn't be asking me this now."

He looked away in frustration.

"I've had this dream before. It hasn't just happened today." he looked at him. "I just....Lied to myself about it." he thought about. Then looked back up at him. "Why would my father disprove who I'm sleeping with, he only disproves of magic."

This posed a problem. Arthur had no idea of Merlin's power. Was this a vision he was seeing, or was someone else bewitching him in his sleep?

(gonna go to bed for now even though I don't want to this rp is so good >

((lol alright *hug* I'm usually not up this late. I'm from Fl so it's 2:30am right now... I have a b-day party at 3 tomorrow but I'll have my phone on me :) ))

Gareth looked over the younger boys face, "young man there are answers to this world that I know but I can not give them to you. Men with men is looked down upon by some but magic is another story.

"Perhaps what your seeing is the future, or even you being enchanted. You have to decide that for yourself. Protecting your love ones should come above all else."

He stood and put a hand on Arthur's head ruffling his hair a little, "my advice to you is don't be afraid of your future or the magic that surrounds it. Embrace those you know and keep your friends close. Then you'll see a bright future."

He shivered and looked away.

"Well..." He stood up. "I won't let anything bad happen to Merlin. I promised myself, he's the only person who doesn't treat me like a prince, well.......You know what I mean." Merlin treated him like a friend after all.

Arthur sighed.

"Thank you, for letting me get off my chest." he made a quick bow. "On a....Less serious note.....You should try the bacon." (XD) Arthur smiled chromatically as he fixed his own hair. "Thanks again."

He looked to the door and walked over to it opening it.

Gareth smiled softly. He was a lively boy but he was glad to see there would be a future for his people under Arthur's reign.

As the tent door was pulled to the side Merlin jumped and stepped back a few steps, "I um... apple?" He held up an apple for him. He smiled nervously but he couldn't deny he was a nosy person. Usually his nosiness helped with many of the people trying to sneak into Camelot.

".....What did you hear?" he gave Merlin a look. "And don't lie to me Merlin because you do this thing with your face and I know." he might be bluffing.

Merlin studdered for a moment then sighed, "I heard a bit of it but most was muffled." Which was true but he had heard almost all of it. The raven cleared his throat.

"So apple?"

(Your mailbox is full)

"Merlin." Arthur scolded him.

Arthur grabbed his wrist and pulled him close to himself.

"I promise nothing bad will happen to you. I won't let it."

Arthur moved his free arm around his waist. Holding him.

(Lol really? I'll fix it when I get home)

Merlin was surprised that Arthur hugged him close, "um... A-Arthur... I know you won't but you don't have to worry because it's my job to protect you."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around him feeling his strong body press against him.

He kissed the top of his head.

"I'm going to take a bath......I need one." He sighed "Actually...I have more work to do." he groaned.

)(home and cleared it out))

Merlin looked to the blond surprised by his sudden change, "um... we need to report back to Camelot soon..."

"But I'm not done here." lets go of him. "These people need more help." though if they said otherwise he'd let it go.

Merlin looked around, "they asked if we would be staying longer. They said they were going to move again since your men know where they are."

Gareth wondered outside, "I thank you for all your help young prince. We shall be moving again within the week. You've helped more than enough." He handed Arthur a small pouch made out of rabbit skins. "A gift."

Arthur reached out taking it.

"Thank you."

He realized he wouldn't be able to protect them very well now that they where moving.

"You should all be careful, and sorry for the trouble my father's men caused you."

He looked in the pouch curiously. Then paused. Arthur stared at his hand and took off a ring handing it to Gareth.

"You are with me, and they should know to leave you alone. You can always say you're a friend of mine."

Merlin smiled and tucked his hands behind his back as he watched Arthur with the druid leader. It gave him a bit more hope in the future for showing his magic.

Gareth smiled and nodded his head, "thank you Arthur." He slipped the ring onto one of his fingers.

The raven glanced behind his shoulder. Someone was watching them... he just knew it. He could feel their eyes on them.

Merlin blinked and looked back at Arhur as he reached up to fix his hair, "Hm? oh yeah lets go."

He started heading towards the horses and he didn't seem to be feeling better about the eyes on him, "Arthur... do you feel like... someones watching?"

"it's because you overheard me isn't it." Arthur was riding on his horse. "Merlin......I care......deeply for you and I won't allow anything bad to happen to you. He rode close to him and placed his hand on his shoulder.

He wasn't wearing his armor, his bow was behind him and his sword at his side.

"What would you do if I wasn't a prince, you'd probably be fairly bored." he smiled.

His stomach flipped on him. He actually expected this sensation would be from a vivacious woman, and yet Merlin caused it with ease.

Merlin was caught rather off guard and had to decide quickly how to respond to this, "Arthur... I care about you too... I um... well I don't know. I probably would have beaten you up at the very beginning since your guards wouldn't be around."

He chuckled and glanced around before looking back at Arthur. He felt they should be very careful where they talk about this.

And Arthur knocked him right off his horse. He chuckled.

"Merlin?" he looked over.

He stopped his horse and got of and stood over Merlin. He pulled out his bow and aimed it right at him. His eyes were ice like and then he pulled his bow up as well as his eyes and fired in the direction of the eyes that followed them, but he aimed high as a warning.

"Show yourself!"

Arthur stood over Merlin. His rude gesture of punching him off his horse was actually a gesture of protection.

Merlin groaned and rubbed his head, "what the hell-" As he went to yell at Arthur he then realized he did it on purpose. He heard some shuffling in the woods and it sounded like there were several men.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw an arrow coming towards them and leaped onto Arthur pushing him o the ground, "Urgh..." He grit his teeth as he looked down at the blond he was straddling. He trembled and reached up to his right shoulder where an arrow was now stuck.

He wanted to heal himself but Arthur was awake... He couldn't...

Several men came running down the hill swinging their swords, ready to fight them.

"Merlin!" his eyes widened.

His bow taught as he aimed for the one who shot Merlin and aimed for the man's eye. He wasn't sure if he hit or not but he got up tossing Merlin on the horse and placed a shield over him and slapped the horse making it run in a made dash. The other horse fallowed. Arthur pulled out his sword, his father didn't lie. Bandits. At least that's how Arthur felt.

"Arthur!!!!" Merlin screamed as the horse ran away. Breathing heavy he grabed the reigns and pulled making the horse turn in circles until he got his feet onto the ground. Adrenaline was an amazing thing because he barely felt the arrow right now. He grabbed onto one side of the arrow and broke off the other end.

"Ahhhh!" if he healed it now Arthur would notice. Sweat dripped down his brow as he pulled himself back onto the horse, struggling because he was doing it with one hand.

The bandits fought Arthur until a couple arrows came down and a group of Camelot knights came down taking the rest of the bandits down.

Sir Edmond came up to him, "Sire your father sent us the moment he discovered you left on your own."

Merlin came into the clearing and was happy to see the Knights there but started to fall off the horse. He was in shock.