Sanctuary (Private)

Sathenus

Xander watched Alexander as he talked about his feelings towards Daniel and the events that had taken place the last month since Alfred's arrival and the changes that had occurred since then. "I know it's a lot and it's happened really fast but you did always say how you wished for this with Daniel." I comment as I walk over to you and kiss your cheek, giving you a gentle hug. "Besides, despite how close Daniel has gotten to Alfred we all know he still loves his dad and is always far too eager to come greet you and get his cuddles." Xander playfully teased. Even with the independence that Daniel had gotten with Alfred's arrival the young centaur never wasted any time to come running back to Alexander for his cuddles and attention.

• 2 weeks later...

“I have wished that..and I am glad he does have the tiniest bit of independency” Alexander sighed with a soft smile, hugging the other gently. He chuckled softly when the other mentioned the cuddles, smiling to himself. “I love for those cuddles. He is my little man”

• 1 month later...

Xander gives Alexander an amused smile when he mentions Daniel's tiniest bit of independency. It really was a tiny bit considering he was either clinging to Alexander or Alfred. "It really is just the tiniest bit too. That poor thing wouldn't survive a moment on his own." He admits with a small laugh. Really finding it cute and amusing how codependent Daniel could be. "Now. Let's get going. We have a lot to do today." Xander adds, moving to grab his keys and phone so they could get today started.

• 2 weeks later...

“He wouldn’t..But I’m happy to raise him here and see him now with a special someone” Alexander smiled as he tried to go over all the plans in his head. “Okay, give me again the layout verbally so I can write it down for myself and for everyone” He said as he grabbed a notepad while he followed the other out. Fences was something..He should work on fundraising at some point..There was a lot to do with everything going on

• 2 months later...

Xander chuckles softly, breezily going over things and the layout once more. Emphasizing that the breakfast for the team would be held in the main building before the centaurs are let out to ensure that everyone was well fed and focused as nothing could go wrong today. Too much was at stake and centaurs could get hurt. Then he reminded Alexander that after breakfast and the centaurs were turned out and fed he was to lead a team to the back of the property to find where the fence was the weakest so we could begin construction as soon as Marcus and I returned with the wood and new gates for the fence. Though after they discussed the layout and plans once more Xander did pause, being thoughtful for a moment.

"If we have enough supplies left over we may want to consider making some smaller pastures or turnouts for sick, injured or quarantined centaur. Maybe even for births since it would be vital for us to be able to establish a bond with any children born here early on to avoid issues later on. Aside from those born by the wild centaurs that will be released back into the wild. Though we do need to expand to maybe make a different area for them for the safety of all involved." Xander commented. Glancing towards Alexander who was still writing in the notebook. He had offered to drive so that Alexander wouldn't have to stop writing, his eyes moving back to the road after glancing towards Alexander for a second. There was so much the sanctuary needed and I knew funds were tight. It'd be difficult but I was sure we would manage. Somehow.