Sanctuary (Private)

Sathenus

Daniel was definitely happy to hear Alfred say that they would though he nervously rubbed the back of his neck when he was told that it was nonsense that he'd even ask. If the larger centaur knew how many others had left him suddenly then he'd probably understand why he asked. Daniel after all was there to greet every new resident of Olympus, it didn't mean that they got along most ignored him and went on their way but there had been some who had stayed around him and he had shown them around like he had Alfred. Some had kept him company for a few days though they had not been friends and had clearly just been sticking around him for the lack of anything better to do. Once they had found others who fit them better they were quick to leave without a word, they'd never talk again and Daniel being anywhere near them would make them look bad. Daniel had gotten used to it over the years, but Alfred was different. He was the first to be nice to him and to have roomed with him. He was the first he had mated with and really trusted. Which was why he had to ask if they would always be like this worried that he'd wake up some day and Alfred would be bored with him and run off to another group and not want to be seen around him either.

"You're welcome. It's going to be a long process but we'll get things moving in a more positive direction. You guys have done quite well on your own but it's always nice to get new perspectives." Marcus replied with a smile of his own. He was happy to help out even if it was going to be a long process to get them into a more stable situation. They'd get there, he'd make sure of it. There was a lot for them to get done and get moving, they'd all have their work cut out for them. Marcus was excited to see how things were going to though and what the future held for them.

Alfred noticed the others neck rubbing and the seeming hesitation at his reply. "Were they that mean to you...?" He asked quietly, already knowing the answer based on the few centaurs that came after Daniel during the beginning of the heat. He had hid for so long, who knew how they treated him before he had gotten there. He held the other close, nuzzling him lovingly. With every bone that was possible in his body, he was going to make sure Daniel knew he was loved and cared for as his mate under his care. He would let no harm come to his little Daniel.

------

"Do you need a ride later..?" He asked the other, knowing the living arrangements were set up but had forgotten how they all got there. It was a busy day so far and his mind was in all one fuzzy blur from all the information he had relayed to Marcus. There was still plenty of time in the day and it would be time for another meal soon if his watch was keeping proper time. "We can have a quick lunch ourselves in the meantime" He hummed, figuring he could eat a little something himself.

Daniel was silent looking down at the ground when he heard the question and he was sure that Alfred already knew the answer. Especially since he was being held close to him a moment later and being nuzzled. His eyes drifted shut as he leaned into the larger centaur wrapping his arms around him and nuzzling the other back. He really did love Alfred and he wanted to be with him forever. "I love you Alfred." Daniel said softly as he rested his head against the other's chest. After a few more moments like this he pulled back and flashed a bright smile. "What do you wanna do now?" He asked with a smile. Now that they had gotten that out of the way and he was feeling better and more positive about his position with Alfred he could enjoy doing something else. He took Alfred's hand into his and started to head away from the watering hole beside Alfred. No one made him feel as important as Alfred did and he really hoped that wouldn't change.

"I couldn't ask you to do that." Marcus replied with a smile. Though he appreciated the offer he didn't want Alexander to think it was necessary either. "Lunch on the other hand sounds great. I don't know about you two but airplane food is not a great way to start the day." He said with a laugh before he moved to step out of the office. "You two have anywhere you prefer to go?" Marcus asked giving Xander and Alexander a curious look.

• 6 months later...

ā€œWe have all the time in the world for anything...Letā€™s just spend that time with each other. I would rather spend every moment with you until they force you away from me for those stupid vet things...ā€ Alfred huffed, knowing he hated the last time the other got separated from him during his check up.Ā 
Ā 

~~~Some time Later~~~~~

Alexander was sitting at his desk, looking over various reports he had of poachers in the state. They seemed to be getting closer and that was concerning. He had been keeping an eye on them even further since their fundraiser had finally truly got started a week or at least a few days prior. They needed to put more safe guards in place and what cash flow had come in so far he was trying to allocate to bigger facilities but also prioritizing their fence. At least he had Xander to keep him level headed..He loved his time with him when they had it. ā€œHas anyone started their heat yet dear?ā€ He said, saying dear a bit more awkwardly as it felt weird to call him such a cute nickName.

Ā 

Alfred remained in his stable with Daniel, feeling closer to him than ever before. They had spent all this time getting to know each other and bond further with one another. They made it through that first heat with not too many issues, always coming to the others defense if Ā anyone dared come close. Most had learned to back off and kind of left Daniel be for the most part, but hormones would cause anyone to go mad. He nuzzled his head into the others mane as he began to stir

Xander smiled as he walked into the office to update Alexander on the centaurs today, chuckling a little at the nickname. It still sounded so odd to hear such things from the other man but he had to admit he enjoyed them all the same. "We have a couple who are in heat and some more that are a day or two off of starting." Xander informed the other man as he sat on the edge of his desk looking over what Alexander had been working on. "Still looking at those poaching results? I have Marcus and a few others walking the perimeter."

Daniel stirred a little as he felt Alfred start to stir. His life at the sanctuary had gotten a thousand times better since the larger centaur's arrival. They had become much closer and had survived his first heat. He could feel the hints of his second heat in his body and new he'd be going through it again but at least now they were both better prepared for what it meant and how to handle it. Lifting his head he nuzzled the other with a bright smile, "Hey handsome." Daniel greeted with a large grin.

Mingan definitely wasn't what one would call a weak centaur, he had worked hard to protect his tribe and they had travelled a very long distance to end up where they were now. During those travels they had run into another tribe and in order to keep everyone safe had ended up merging. While Mingan wasn't particularly happy about the merge at first at least he it meant there was more help in protecting the others, even if it also meant more competition when it came to mating.

Hunters had been a problem for them for awhile, and it had caused many sleepless nights, many fights and even more travelling. He wasn't sure far they had travelled but it had been months of travelling for them to arrive where they are now. He was exhausted, there were numerous small injuries over his body from fights with hunters, traps set to catch them and spars with each other. It was one such trap that had separated him from the tribe a day or two before, he was so exhausted from struggling at this point that he couldn't remember exactly. A snare had tightened around his rear leg when trying to find a safe place for the tribe to settle.

Hours and hours of struggling had caused the strong metal snare to tighten and cut into his leg, as if that wasn't bad enough it had been a double trap to ensure that any centaur that stepped into it would not be escaping. A metal leg hold trap had snapped shut around the hoof of the same leg, causing him to stand and struggle on three legs until he just couldn't anymore. Tired he was laying in the brush still occasionally struggling against the traps while also just waiting for the hunters that he knew would return any time now. Not sure what he'd do when they arrived but knowing he wasn't getting out of this trap until they did.

ā€œDonā€™t laugh!ā€ Alexander said with a tiny blush of embarrassment. It was incredibly awkward but he was definitely happy when they finally had started dating. He wanted to try calling the other cute nicknames and it was embarrassing to do but it made him happy. ā€œAnd good, we should be prepared for the heats...Daniel and Alfred should be good this time around but knowing what the scientist said in their last heat, letā€™s keep an eye out. As for the poacher reports..Yeah. Their are far more sightings of activity than I would have liked. Itā€™s quite stressful..I donā€™t even know where to begin. Make sure our defenses are secure...or...Ugh I need a coffeeā€ He leaned back in his chair, running his hand through his hair.

Ā 

ā€œGood morning DanielĀ dear..ā€ Ā Alfred said with a pleased huff at his being called handsome. He nuzzled his head further back into him as he opened his eyes again. ā€œI still love waking up to you, canā€™t decide what I like more, waking up to your sleeping fave or your awake oneā€ He hummed happily, squeezing him in a hugĀ 

Unable to help it Xander chuckled again at the absolutely adorable blush of embarrassment. "Come on, handsome. That's way too cute not to laugh a little." Xander teased nudging Alexander gently. Even he felt like it was weird to call the other man such things. Their relationship was still so new that he wasn't sure what to do with it half the time, especially when they were working. Thankfully Alexander distracted him by telling him that Daniel and Alfred should be good this time but that they should keep an eye on the pair regardless from what the scientist had said. He nodded in agreement, Marcus had helped them a lot since his arrival and had made understanding Daniel and his heat much easier as well as helped them tremendously in other ways.

Suddenly Marcus was entering the office just as Xander had finished getting Alexander a coffee and given him a quick encouraging kiss. Marcus smiled at the air before sighing and speaking. "We did our normal morning walk around the sanctuary perimeter. There are fresh signs of centaur and they aren't sanctuary centaur as they're on the outside of the fence. We should look into it and make sure that there isn't any immediate threat to the sanctuary population." Marcus suggested to the pair knowing that Xander and Alexander were already stretched pretty thin with the sanctuary residents and now the increased number of poaching's and their increasingly closer proximity to the sanctuary.

Ā 

Daniel couldn't help but grin widely, hugging Alfred back as he nuzzled the other's neck. "I think you like my sleeping face more, you always tell me how adorable it is when I finally wake up." He teased the larger centaur before he was pulling away to get up and stretch his legs. It was so nice to wake up to the other beside him every morning, so nice to finally have someone who loved him and was there all the time. Over the past month he had been growing more independent with Alfred's help, though he still had relapses where he would seek out Alexander for reassurance that what he was doing was okay. In the end Daniel had let Alfred know that Alexander was still important and would always be part of their lives, even if it wasn't as significant as it had been before Alfred's arrival.

ā€œStooooop~!ā€ Alexander said with an almost adorable whine and an even redder blush on his face. ā€œYouā€™re doing this onĀ purpose now!ā€ He playfully shoved the others arm, relaxing a bit more even if he was still stressedĀ about everything. The poachers, the funding for the fundraiser for Olympus, hopefully they can up it even further to help promote the advocacy for the centaur species even further. He sipped at his coffee as Marcus discussed his findings. ā€œCan you accompany me and Xander on a search? We can look for a possible centaur sighting closer to Olympus if one was this close. If we find one, we can gather the resources needed to transport them backā€ He nodded, kissing Xander back.

ā€œIt is, it is too adorableā€ Alfred said as he let go of the other, careful in getting up as he stretched himself out. He had grown more accepting of the humans here as time had passed, especially Alexander. Daniel was quite close to that human even now so he was always more allowing of him to get closeĀ 

Ā 

"I can't help it! You're adorable!" Xander teased more loving that red face of his so much. It was hard not to tease him and see it more even at work. Marcus discussing his findings is what brought him back to earth and reminded him that he needed to behave himself while they are working. The mention of there being centaurs so close to the sanctuary was already a bit alarming but he agreed with Alexander. They had to investigate and see if there were any wild centaur still in the area. It was imperative that they know that information to better protect the tribe and their residents.

Marcus nodded in agreement. "Yes. I'll come with you guys. It's important that we check it out encase it's injured." He informed them not wanting to automatically assume that but knowing it was a good possibility after all of the news of poaching and centaur captures being on the rise. After they all got ready the three of them set off around the fence until the reached the tracks. Marcus leading the way not wanting to startle the centaur if there was one nearby still. Suddenly he thought he saw one through the brush and held a hand up to stop Alexander and Xander. He couldn't see much from their spot he made the motion for them to sneak closer not wanting to startle the creature.

Mingan was exhausted and panting on the ground after having just struggled again, his leg was in quite a bit of pain and he was lying flat on the ground. Suddenly his ears twitched as he heard a sound and he sat up, his leg still stuck in the traps, looking around with dark eyes. It took him a few tries but he managed to get back to his feet, dirty and unsteady, sensing people nearby he tried struggling against the traps again, not wanting to go out like this.

Ā 

Playfully Daniel rolled his eyes, taking Alfred's hand he lead him out of the stall and into the sanctuary property once their stall was opened. Humming softly as they went to get breakfast together just like all the other mornings. "Life in the sanctuary has gotten a thousand times better since you arrived." Daniel informed him, though he actually told him this rather often. Still so worried that this was all a dream and one day he'd wake up in his stall completely and utterly alone again. Still, Daniel had noticed Alfred warming up to Alexander and that had meant a lot to him as well.

Alexander nodded, knowing it was better to always assume the worse and be ready than under prepared. It was also a wild centaur and they were not usually ones to just be scooped up. Especially if it was a human who had cause the injury it would be harder to convince a wild one to want to come with them. But if they approached it carefully, they should be able to help them. He got himself ready and they all had started to make a trek to search for a possible centaur. After awhile, Marcus seemed to have spot something, getting even quieter and moving slower. He heard movement and eventually pushed some brush away to see a centaur, struggling in a trap. ā€œMy god..ā€ He said, seeing the trap and the injury. It infuriated him someone would use such a barbaric trap on these creatures!

ā€œI know Daniel, I know and I love hearing it. My own life had gotten better after meeting you and coming hereā€ Alfred hummed softly, making sure to get the best pieces he could pick up to give to Daniel and the rest for himself. He felt like that tingling of a new heat was coming up rather soon and at least he knew what it was now. He could be prepared and wanted DanielĀ at his best. He also needed to make sure he defended and kept his mate as his own

Ā 

Marcus was stunned when they got close enough to recognize what the centaur was trapped in, but it wasn't just the trap that had snared the centaur that got his attention. "I know that centaur." He said surprised. The centaur before him, it was one he had met and worked with over a year ago, the tribe was located far from the sanctuary though. He couldn't understand how it was possible to see him here and now. One thing was for sure though the other was in a lot of pain and had been stuck and struggling for quite some time. "Someone go back or notify help. We need to free him from the traps and get him back to the sanctuary for treatment." Marcus said to Xander and Alexander, having noticed that after some more struggling the centaur was back on the ground, breathing heavily, clearly exhausted. But that didn't make him any less dangerous, if anything Marcus felt like he was more dangerous that way.

Ā 

Daniel smiled happily as they settled under their usual tree for breakfast, eating what Alfred had got him. The larger centaur again making sure that he had the best choices of what was left when they arrived. "I just can't help but tell you again and again how happy I am that you're here." Daniel admitted with a laugh, leaning over for a quick kiss before going back to his breakfast. He was aware of the beginning signs of his heat coming and he could tell that Alfred was aware of it too. Now that they knew what to expect though he wasn't concerned. In fact, he was much more comfortable and confident going into this heat.

Marcus...recognized this centaur? But the scientist was so far away from what memory served of the other. For a centaur of someone that must be so far away...something must have caused it to come so far out. ā€œIā€™ll go...ā€ Alexander said, adding ā€œXander, stay with Marcus until I get back. We wonā€™t be able to take a truck properly out here at the moment so we will take it to the main road and have the team come and carry it to the truck so itā€™s not all the way back to Olympusā€ Hesaid, quickly leaving the pair with the new centaur so he can go get help.

Ā 

ā€œAnd I will never tire of itā€ Alfred said with a prideful and happy smile on his face. He made sure he was eating enough as well, secure in being prepared for this next heat. While it was still kind of new, he knew what was going on with heats now. He was more ready to take on the heat with full knowledge and enjoyment

Marcus nodded, watching Alexander leave before he was focusing on the centaur again. It was clear to him that the creature knew they were there and despite being exhausted was ready to put up a fight at the first sign of trouble. Turning to Xander he motioned for them to start working on getting closer while they waited for Alexander and the crew to arrive. They had to assess the damage and see if they could sooth and calm the wild centaur to make transportation easier. So he slowly lead Xander closer, instantly the exhausted creature raised it's human torso, having to use it's arms to keep him up enough to see them, being just too exhausted otherwise. "Mingan." Marcus said, speaking the centaur's name earning a snort in response but he could tell the centaur recognized him and that it seemed to ease him a little. Allowing them to get close enough to assess the damage. There was a risk of a break or fracture from the main trap, and the snare that had been digging into his leg had cut rather deep. Nothing Marcus didn't see him recovering from under the care of the sanctuary, but he knew that Mingan would have to stay with them for awhile. Something the wild centaur would not enjoy or be thrilled by.

Ā 

Eating and talking had become a regular thing for the pair. Joking and laughing as they enjoyed their breakfast. Once they finished and put their breakfast dishes away he was happy to take Alfred's hand and walk along with him humming happily. Knowing what was coming made it a lot nicer for the both of them. His heat would be much more pleasant this time around. He was also sure it would mean less vet checkups since it was his second time going into heat and that they knew and understood it a bit better.

Alexander explained the situation to the staff at Olympus once he had arrived, taken mainly senior members on this trip. He took a few of the newer onesĀ as well as all would likely encounter a wild centaur at one point. He wanted to stress it further with the sight of poachers nearer so the rehab side of Olympus Ā will be prominent. Hopefully there will not be a need for permanent residences but they had to be ready to do so if needed. Jedi ally started making his way back to their original spot.

Ā 

Alfred quite enjoyed their morning breakfast talks together, enjoying the others company and happy face. He loved it at any point but it was quite the start to the day. The only thing that mattered to him was the other. ā€œAnything you wanted to do before the heat picks up?ā€

By the time Alexander had returned with the team, Mingan and Xander had subdued and calmed Mingan. While the centaur was still stressed out and clearly in pain he was calmed by the familiar face. Marcus was knelt by Mingan's head, a reassuring hand on his shoulder trying to keep him calm. Xander had tried to free the centaur's leg while Alexander was gone but he just wasn't able to manage it on his own. Especially since whenever he touched the traps too much Mingan would struggle again. When the crew arrived Xander worked with Alexander to give orders and they were finally able to free his leg of the traps. Xander then gathered up the traps and decided to take them with them for evidence if they were ever able to figure out who the traps belonged to. Now it came to getting Mingan out of here, and despite how exhausted the centaur was he knew it wasn't going to be easy so he suggested sedating the large male to make transportation and then treatment upon arrival to the sanctuary much easier.

Ā 

Thinking about it for a moment he decided he knew exactly what he wanted to do before his heat hit. "How about we go to the watering hole? We never get to enjoy it when I'm in heat. Too many of the other groups stake claim to it." Daniel suggested knowing how much Alfred enjoyed the watering hole. While he was still uncomfortable with water at a certain point he had gotten much better and enjoyed it when with Alfred.

Alexander quietly looked to the pair and the staff to be ready for the other to be sedated. It will take a second to kick in likely and it may be possibly the other could struggle for a bit against the sedation. Even if he didnā€™t, they still needed to be ready to quickly remove transport and treat the wild centaur. He got the sedation medication ready, careful to move before quickly getting it into the other.

ā€œSounds like a plan..I take you near the hole during the heat, someone might get funny ideas He said with a low chuckle but was still somewhat serious. Many gathered near the watering holeĀ during the heat, whether to mate or congregate at the popular spot

Marcus did his best to keep Mingan distracted as Alexander gave him the sedative. Though the moment Mingan had felt the needle his human torso had darted up and he kicked his good rear leg. Clearing the struggling and traps had done enough to make him not even use his other leg. Which Marcus could already see being an issue. Such large creatures needed all four legs, and so he new they couldn't release Mingan until he was healed enough to be able to move on all four legs without issues. It took awhile, and he could see the other fighting to stay awake before Mingan finally gave in to the sedatives. Then it was a matter of getting him back to the truck and to the shelter for treatment.

Ā 

Daniel couldn't help but chuckle at the other's words knowing that Alfred was definitely right. There was no way they'd be going around the watering hole if he was in heat. Taking the other centaur's hand they went to the watering hole, Daniel happily splashing in the shallows. Playfully splashing water at Alfred with a small smirk on his face.

Alexander had expected the kick, managing to avoid taking a centaur kick but still being knocked off balance. He waited a moment as the sedative took effect, waiting for it to make sure it was fully active before beginning the transportation of the centaur. He got a closer look at the wounds while the other works prepared the thing to transport him to the truck. ā€œNasty one..May need stitches in one spot but right now we just need to clean it here to make sure we get out any pebbles or dirt from the woundā€ Alexander said as he went into work protective mode, getting some stuff from a kit to do a quick clean here and a proper oneĀ would be done at Olympus.

ā€œGetting cocky Hmm?ā€ Alfred smirked back as he felt a splash of water. ā€œItā€™s on...!ā€ He said with a laugh, giving him a big splash back.Ā 

Xander helped Alexander clean the wound, there was quite a bit of dirt in the wound to show how much he had struggledĀ and the dirt he had kicked up. One the wound was cleaned the best they could here they started the transport back to the truck. A centaur definitely wasn't a light or small creature. It was slow progress butĀ they got him to the truck and loaded in before they were on their way to the sanctuary.

Ā 

Daniel giggled as he was called cocky and splashed back. Splashing Alfred back happily, running in the water and playing around. Enjoying the moment to play and have fun with Alfred before his heat returned. As much as he enjoyed his sexy centaur's attention Daniel knew that a lot if not most of his heat tried around breeding him and keeping him safe from the others. So he was going to take full advantage of this opportunity to be childish and have fun with no worries.

Alexander happily helped carry the centaur with his other workers, wanting to make sure he was just as involved in the process as everyone else. Any moment close to Xander he would take, having a brief moment of his thoughts going 'God that man looks hot when he is working and using his muscles like that'.Ā He shook it off and soon got to work transporting the other back to Olympus. He set aside an empty stable for the other, ignoring some curious glances as he let the medic do their job. "Well then...looks like we might have a new rehab centaur for a bit" He ran his hands through his hair as he made his way back to the office.

Alfred kept laughing with him, splashing the other back and forth for quite some time. He was quite enjoying himself, not feeling too much stress for the time being. They simply basked in each others company before the hormones would soon come over the sanctuary as everyones heats came in full swing. He dipped his head under the water for the bit, wanting to enjoy the cold of the water.

Xander wasn't blind to the fact that Alexander was checking him out as he helped lift the stretcher they had the centaur on. Causing a knowing smirk to appear as he shot the other man a look stating he clearly knew that the other was checking him out right now. It wasn't like he didn't know that Alexander liked watching his muscles move and flex when he was doing different things. Xander helped get the centaur situated for the vets to work on before he was accompanying Alexander back towards the man's office. "So it seems. But it's alarming isn't it? Marcus said he knew the centaur, while we were waiting for you to come back with the team he even said the centaur's name and seemed to calm him down. The chances of any centaur Marcus knows to be near the center are... quite impossible to be honest. He would have travelled a very far distance." Xander said voicing his concerns about this. Not just that the centaur had been caught in a trap so close to the sanctuary but that it had traveled such a large distance for reasons they didn't know.

Daniel was having a blast splashing and laughing with Alfred in the watering hole. The other centaurs not of any interest to him as they were enjoying this moment together. While Alfred had gone deeper and was enjoying the cooler water, dipping his head beneath it, Daniel had laid down in the shallows. Allowing the water to just barely reach his back still not liking it deep. Enjoying it all the same though and just as much as Alfred was.

It seemed that the other had caught his glances, blushing a tad and looking away as if he was a child being caught sneaking candy before dinner. Work had him distracted again after the centaur was seen to, flopping into his office chair. ā€œYes, for centaurs to travel such a far distance based on where Marcus was..hunters and poachers must be getting far worseā€ He sighed in worry. ā€œWe will have to increase security ten fold and start doing more daily searches of injured centaurs..Many more could be at risk of injury and any movement should be monitoredā€ Alexander said as all this was getting high stakes. They are driving far away wild populations far from their Ā homes..on top of ones still enslaved. He would not let this stop him but it was a lot of work...

Alfred enjoyed the cooling water for a bit longer before rejoining the other in the shallow part. He laid himself down beside him, letting the water ripple around him and holding the other close

"I completely agree." Xander replied with a nod. He knew that it was important that they increase security ten fold and start doing more daily searches of the surrounding forests as well. There was a very high chance that there would be more injured centaurs in the forests surrounding their property now and it was rather alarming. Leaning down he kissed Alexander's cheek and gave him a loving smile. "Don't stress about it, love. We'll handle this together like we've been handling and taking care of everything else." He encouraged. Looking up as Marcus was walking into the office with a small smile, "Well your newest resident is waking up. Even if he'll only be here until he's healed enough to be released." He informed the pair. He knew Mingan would be quite the handful and unhappy to be here but at the same time it'd be worth it to now that the centaur was safe and sound. It made him worried for the centaur's tribe knowing that Mingan would never have abandoned them which meant that they were probably somewhere nearby.

Mingan was rather drowsy as he started coming to, waking up in a stall though he had no idea what it was or where he was for that matter. All he remembered was Marcus and some other humans helping him out of the trap. Everything after that was dark, his eyes moved around the large stall before they darted to his leg and was able to see that the open wound had been treated. It still hurt, but not as bad as it had been, letting out a huff his eyes drifted shut and he laid back down again, trying to fully wake up.

Daniel smiled brightly as as Alfred came and joined him in the shallows, smiling happily he turned and snuggled into the large centaur. Eyes drifting shut as he enjoyed them being close and relaxing in the shallows together. "This is nice." He murmured softly.

ā€œThank you Marcus..ā€ Alexander looked up when the other came into the office. ā€œWe should go talk to him, see to it he is ok mentally. ButĀ mainly what brought him so far out and about his tribe. Marcus, you might be able to help us in that matter. With it being the start of heat season, we should make sure he is comfortable and I am sure will garner some attentionā€ Alexander said, knowing he would need a lot of alone time kisses with Xander to recharge when work was over, even if the thought almost made him blush.Ā 
Ā 

ā€œIt is nice..ā€ Alfred hummed, looking towards the stalls off in the distance. ā€œLots of activity over there, is it always this busy at the start of heat season?ā€ He asked sweetly, nuzzling the others neck

Marcus nodded listening to what Alexander had to say. "Yes, we definitely should check in on him and make sure that he is mentally stable. Mingan's not the type of centaur to handle being away from his tribe well and by the looks of his wound and the disturbance to the area where we found him he had already been there for a few days." Marcus admitted thinking about the centaur and his tribe, knowing the tribe had to be nearby somewhere. Mingan would not have abandoned them and he didn't feel that the tribe would abandon him either. The reminder of the heat season starting also made him a little nervous for Mingan, he was after all a wild centaur, he wasn't a resident here but it wouldn't stop him from trying to stake a claim and Marcus was positive that hurt or not he'd be quite the contender. "Probably. I don't see him being happy to be in a stall and so confined and I am sure he will be even less thrilled once we let him out on the grounds to realize he's within the fence. Keeping him comfortable won't be an easy task. He's from the mountains far off. He couldn't be any further from home and any less comfortable."

Daniel followed Alfred's gaze towards the stalls in the distance when he heard his mate speak. Eyes taking in the activity happening around it. "No. That can't be from the heat." Daniel admitted with a frown knowing that it meant there had to be a new centaur and an injured one at that. He hadn't seen that type of commotion in awhile and wasn't sure how he felt about it. Especially during the heat season.