An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"Oh I'm sure. Those two always seem to get along exceptionally well." Xavier replied not worried about Solaria and Ren this weekend. He didn't think there'd be any problem. Kaine was happily holding Tenmo's hand and sipping his tea enjoying that they were all able to visit with one another. They didn't seem to have the time or get to do this very much.

Ren's ears appeared and twitched when he heard the familiar meow of Oreo. He had been so excited about Solaria coming for the weekend that he hadn't given the small cat as much attention as he normally did. "That's Oreo." Ren told her as he settled in the floor with them reaching out to pet the tiny kitten. He was sure she knew it was Otso's cat but he wasn't sure if she had ever met her before now.

“So cuuuuute! Daddy mentioned Otso got a cat but I haven’t gotten to meet her yet! So tiny so cuuute” Solaria said with the biggest happiest smile. She scratched behind her ear and the kitten purred happily, rubbing herself into her hand. “I love cats~!” she said with the biggest smile on her face, kissing her tiny little head. The kitten seemed a but surprised at first but didn’t mind

”They do” Tenmo smiled, remembering the wedding reception but not bringing it up. If it came up it came up but it wasn’t his buisness. “Always good to have someone your age”

"She is really cute." Ren agreed looking at the small kitten who definitely loved the attention she was getting from Solaria. It seemed the small creature just absolutely loved attention no matter who was giving it to her. Which was definitely good since she was never lacking attention and affection from those around her. When Solaria said she loved cats with such a big smile on her face for some reason it made Ren really happy. It took all of his concentration to not have his tail appear but he managed to keep it in and focus on Solaria and Oreo. "Cat's are great." He added smiling at the small kitten remembering that he wanted to ask his dads when or if they could get a cat of their own.

"Exactly. It's a shame that there aren't more people their age around here for them. You know... outside of humans in town." Kaine said with a slight frown. While he was glad their son and Solaria had each other it made their social lives quite... small when it was just the two of them. They had continued trying with Ren by taking him to the park but he seemed to be quickly overcome with anxiety every time. Not that Kaine didn't understand but it was definitely not a good sign, especially since it meant having him enter a human school wouldn't be a good idea. Even if Kaine enjoyed homeschooling the boys and having Ren home all the time he would have liked it more for Ren to be able to be around more kids his own age. Human or otherwise.

“Yup! I love dogs too but cats are my most favorite” Solaria beamed as she couldn’t stop petting her. It must be a runt, even for a kitten it was incredibly tiny. She got up and walked towards the door, the kitten following. She giggled and kept walking around the room, watching the kitten follow her. She nuzzled the tiny kittens nose, setting her down so she wasn’t just playing with the kitten and spend a tiny bit of time with Ren. “Does she have toys? Maybe we can play with her until dinner” She beamed 

Tenmo nodded with a worried but sad smile on his face. “We can only do so much love..We are trying our best. I am sure given time maybe it will be less anxious. I am sure the boys would need quite more time to be able to enter a human school. One day at a time” He reassured Kaine and himself. To have human friends would be good for the boys, all the pack members a bit too old in relation to Ren

Ren chuckled as he watched Oreo chase Solaria around the room before she was asking if the tiny animal had any toys that they could play with her until dinner. "Yeah they're down in the living room." Ren replied getting up to leave the guest room and head downstairs. There were a couple of toys in his own room because Oreo had taken them up there but most of her toys were downstairs. That was why he suggested the living room since it had most of her toys so they'd have more to play with her with.

"I know... it's just hard to sit by and see how anxious he gets after such a short time." Kaine replied. He knew Tenmo was right though and they had to take it one day at a time and be patient. But Kaine worried that Ren just might not ever warm up to having humans around him and always end up anxious in their presence. While he understood many humans even had anxiety around others he was sure their anxiety was quite different than the anxiety Ren suffered from. Kaine definitely wanted to discuss his concerns for Ren more but he thought those concerns would be easier and better to discuss if it was just the two of them even if he was sure Xavier and Adrian could offer help. If they could figure things out or help each other with their concerns regarding either boy then he'd prefer it. 

Solaria couldn’t wait to play with the toys for the kitten! She watched the small kitten following them, trying to keep up with them. She walked a bit slower so the kitten could keep up, making sure she didn’t step on her down the stairs. The kitten rushed to the bottom, meowing before darting off and jumping into Adrian’s lap with a happy meow.

“We will try again another time love..Maybe take him out with Solaria? Remember the zoo? That was progress in itself even if not kids his age” Tenmo reassured him before hearing Oreo come down the stairs. He snorted as he watched the kitten go right for his fathers lap.

”Uhh...no thank you little one” Adrian said as he picked Oreo up and put her beside him and Oreo went right back for his lap. The process repeated a few times before Adrian gave up, it seeming the kitten would not leave him be. “How’s that no cats thing going? This one loves you” Tenmo teased

"But he had Ash at the zoo. Ash makes everything better for Ren." Kaine replied when his husband mentioned how well Ren had done at the zoo. Their youngest had Ash with him and it was clear that the older boy made Ren feel a lot better and more tolerant. Even if he was sure it was a lot for Ash too the other would never show it in front of Ren and thus it helped Ren's confidence and comfort. He wasn't sure if Solaria would give Ren the same comfort that Ash did but it was definitely worth trying. "I suppose if Solaria is there it may be enough for him though." Kaine agreed with a nod.

Ren had happily lead the way downstairs seeing Oreo dart past him caused him to laugh. The tiny kitten had gotten really good at maneuvering the stairs despite her size in comparison to each step even if it was much easier for her to go downstairs than it was for her to go up. When they got downstairs he watched as Oreo instantly darted for Adrian and into his lap. The scene that followed caused Ren to smile, Oreo was definitely persistent in getting what she wanted and almost always won in the end. That was something they had figured out when she had originally stayed with them. Xavier couldn't help the smirk on his face either watching Adrian and Oreo who seemed determined that she remain in his husbands lap. "You're son's right handsome. She absolutely loves you." He mused.

“That is true..Ash doesn’t seem like the type to want to show his weaknesses or if he is uncomfortable easily. Ren he is used to caring for and being paternal over as well. But yes, I’m sure Solaria might help him even a little bit” He nodded, Solaris was sure to be a good influence even if not as much as Ash.

”Naturally for reasons not a cat person..and the pack would go nuts over a cat. Not in a bad way but when lives generally not cat people..But yes it seems this one is fond of me” He said as attempted one more time but Oreo gripped his pants leg in protest, batting the hands that tried to grab her with a paw. She now climbed up his shirt and perched herself on his shoulder. “You are almost annoyingly persistent..You are lucky you are cute” He sighed as Solaria seemed to have found a cat toy she wanted to use

"At all. If Ash knew there was a chance it would make Ren uncomfortable and anxious he'd hide it." Kaine agreed with a nod of his own. "We can try it though. Maybe this weekend and see how it goes. Like always, if he gets too uncomfortable we can leave and come home." He added. His eyes moving to Solaria and Ren who were looking through the cat toys. He thought Adrian would appreciate the two distracting Oreo again especially since he seemed to try to remove her from his lap again only for her to dig her tiny sharp claws in protest and bat at his hands after. "She really does like you." Kaine mused as she was scaling his shirt before perching on his shoulder like a parrot.

Ren was looking over the cat toys with Solaria when she seemed to find one that she wanted to use. Moving over to where Oreo was perched on Adrian's shoulder he gently coaxed her off his shoulder and into his arms. Which took a bit of convincing since she didn't seem to want to leave. Once he managed to do so he moved over to Solaria and set Oreo down so they could play with her. "At least those two will keep her occupied for you." Xavier teased his husband gently nudging Adrian.

“Cats I swear...Their claws hurt like heck and they are rather noisy for being such tiny creatures. They seem rather aloof or demand attention constantly” Adrian sighed as the kitten was finally coaxed off his shoulder by the children. “A certain someone tried to convince me on getting a cat for the longest time even when I wasn’t the leader..obsessed with cats. Me owning a cat would be a stretch” Adrian said with a nod, implying Solarias mother was the one he was talking about without saying it

Solaria giggled happily as Oreo was batting at and playing with the string toy. She tried to get it to go up the stairs but Oreo seemed conflicted about tackling the stairs going up but she really wanted the toy. She managed to wobble her way up a stair or two before meowing loudly at Ren for help

Amusement was clear on Xavier's face as Adrian spoke about cat's only to mention how a certain someone had tried to convince him to get one even before he was leader. "It's definitely an odd idea for a werewolf to want or have a cat around." Xavier admitted with a small shrug. Xavier wasn't all that fond of cats himself so he didn't mind that Adrian wasn't a fan and didn't seem to want one. Solaria hadn't mentioned any pets before either so it wasn't anything they discussed or really gave any thoughts too. Their home seemed perfect with it just being the three of them.

Ren was happy to play with the pair watching little Oreo try to catch the string toy that Solaria was playing with her with. As they moved to head up the stairs Ren had changed and was bounding up the steps when he was caught by the sound of Oreo's loud meowing. His ears twitched and he stopped mid step head turning to see that while Oreo had managed to get up a couple steps she had given up and was now loudly calling for him to help her. Instantly he moved back down the steps dipping his head and picking her up gently in his mouth before he was turning and heading back up the steps tail swishing  as he went. He was setting her down the moment he could reach the top of the stairs. Giving her a little nudge towards the toy again and happily watching as she instantly went back to playing with it.

“Indeed..a lot of wolves might scare a cat when it was just pack house and coven house. If Solaris did ask, I would consider it. She is a very responsible girl..and after this weekend I have a feeling it will put the idea in her head” Adrian chuckled as he watched the spectacle on the stairs. 

Solaria couldn’t help but smile at his cute Ren was picking up the little kitten in his mouth. It really was cute and he had a cute cat form too! The kitten meowed happily as if to say thanks before going back to playing with the toys Ren and Solaria had for her

"Cats aren't exactly the vampire choice of pets either." Xavier admitted. But a cat would be much safer and happier around a bunch of vampires than werewolves. He had to agree that if Solaria asked about a cat or pet in general that they'd seriously consider it. She did deserve one after all and they knew that she'd take really good care of it. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there." Xavier added with a soft laugh. If Solaria asked they'd talk about it, if she didn't then the conversation probably wouldn't occur.

Ren was just happy to lay there watching Oreo try to catch the string toy. Occasionally batting at it himself whenever it got close enough and the mood struck. Apparently being just as easy to amuse. 

“Of course..I am sure Solaria would make a good pet owner and give them all the love and attention. Give her something else to occupy her time that isn’t homework. She did show interest in volunteering at animal shelters when her school was doing a unit on doing good in your community”  Adrian nodded while he stood up once his drink was finished. “I think Solaria is good and settled now so we should get going” He said, calling out to Solaris to say goodbye.

Solaria liked playing with them both, making sure it got near Ren now and again. He was like an even cuter bigger cat and he kind of was! She heard her parents were leaving, getting up and heading down the stairs, Oreo in tow. “Bye~!” She cheered happily, Oreo trying to grip Adrian’s leg and climb up it

Ren knew that Solaria was purposely making sure she got the toy marathon once in awhile and he was happy to bat at it and try to catch it not minding. Easily entertained by it, Ren was batting at the toy again. When they heard Adrian calling Solaria to say goodbye. Following the two down the stairs he sat at the bottom while she was saying goodbye green eyes watching Oreo who was once again attempting to force herself on Adrian.

Kaine couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of it. "She really likes you. I don't think I've seen her act like that with anyone." Kaine said honestly. Sure she was often found curled up with Ash or Ren and liked to be the center of attention but her determination with Adrian was definitely new.

“I’ve been told cats seem to be fond of non cat people. She must sense that and want me to love her” Adrian said, not sure how Otso handled this clingy thing..then again..that was very much an Otso type of cat. He had to nearly pry her off his leg and she was determined to not let go. “You are definitely Otsos cat..” He chuckled, getting her off and she still tried to follow him to the door. It was a back and forth for a bit but she was satisfied when Adrian pet her for a bit.

”It likes you~!” Solaria beamed happily, finding it funny how the kitten loved her Daddy so much! It was hilarious! “Bye” She gave them both a hug before they both finally left, Adrian’s leg kitten free

"She's determined you like her." Kaine mused though it wasn't like Adrian didn't like her he just wasn't fond of cats. It was understandable and little Oreo was doing what she could to win him over in the ways she knew how. Which weren't necessarily the best ways but she was just a kitten. After Solaria had said goodbye to Adrian and Xavier and the pair left he turned his gaze to Tenmo a smile on his face. "Wanna help me make dinner?" He asked as he was getting up to head to the kitchen again. Solaria and Ren seemed to have things covered and were occupying Oreo, not to mention they were both old enough to not need supervision.

After the others had left and it was just him, Solaria and Oreo again Ren moved to get comfortable on the couch figuring they could play down here now that it was unoccupied. Laying down across the back of the couch he glanced down when he saw Oreo on the other side gently pawing at the tiny kitten that was also trying to bat at him. Sometimes he even flicked his tail for the small kitten and let her play with that too.

“Sure thing! What Are we making anyway?” Tenmo smiled, leaving the kids to take care of Oreo and keep her busy while also amusing themselves. “Whatever you started making smells really good” He hummed happily, sniffing the air. He always loved the kitchen smell when something was cooking.

Solaria giggled when she watched Oreo trying to play with Rens tail, finding it cute and amusing. “Your brother isn’t home? I bet he really likes Oreo too” She smiled, Oreo pouncing on the others belly and walking along it happily

"Thanks, love. It's the sauce for the spaghetti you're smelling." Kaine replied with a smile. "Now. I have the garlic butter made up, will you cut the French bread, butter each side and pop it in the oven? We can add cheese during the last minute to melt and have some nice cheesy garlic bread with the spaghetti." Kaine added as he returned to the sauce mixing it and getting a pot ready for the pasta. "We'll have dinner done much quicker working together." He hummed.

"No. He's with his boyfriend." Ren replied with a small smile appearing on his feline face. While he didn't think the two had made it official they were spending and awful lot of time together lately. It made it easy to say they must be dating and he recalled hearing is dads talking about it. "He might be home tonight. Or not." Ren added after not sure if Ash would be home tonight or not.

“Aww yay he found someone” Solaris beamed happily, glad Ash found someone he liked that was in the pack house. She heard a small bit here and there from her parents about Ash coming into the houses frequently. “Well we will have fun no matter what! You me Andy his Kitty!” She gently picked him up so they were both looking at him, Oreo not sure what was going on but meowed happily.

”You had me at garlic bread” Tenmo sighed happily, loving the food side for dinner. He was weak for some good garlic bread, ready to salivate and it wasn’t even made yet. He went towards the bread to cut it up

Ren may be a bit bummed that Ash was preoccupied with his boyfriend and thus wasn't home very much lately he liked that Solaria was here for the weekend. Oreo would only make it even better since she was so loveable amd cute. "You're right. The three of us will have a fun weekend." Ren replied changing back though his ears and tail remained.

Kaine laughed when Tenmo told him he had him at garlic bread. "I know better than to make spaghetti and not also have garlic bread with you in the house." Kaine said with a smile. Knowing his husband far too well at this point to not make sure they had garlic bread with their spaghetti. Not that he minded, he absolutely loved garlic bread himself. Though he was sure humans would have a fit to find out that a vampire actually liked and could eat garlic.

“I like your ears and tail, they are really cute” She smiled with the hint of a blush before the color returned to her cheeks. “We will! I love when my parents have movie night with me! We make popcorn and have snacks and it’s sooo much fun! Hopefully it doesn’t take me too long to do my homework. I have some history and math and stuff to do” She nodded softly

”You really do know me too well after all this time..You can’t have spaghetti without garlic bread!” Tenmo chuckled as he finished prepping the bread and put it in the oven. It was so hard not to cut off a small slice pre cooking for himself, staring at the oven a moment before going to do other prep work

A soft blush appeared on his face when Solaria said she liked his ears and tail mentioning how cute they were. Despite his blush though he was really happy to hear Solaria say she liked them. He knew why he loved it so much though, any positives he heard from Solaria made him really happy. While he was focused on this his tail was swishing happily behind him until she started talking about movie night with her dads and her homework. "Well... I am sure you'll be able to get your homework done in good time." Ren replied. He wanted to offer to keep her company while she did her homework but he had already been warned not to distract her and thought it wouldn't be a good idea.

"I would hope so." Kaine mused when he was told that he really did know Tenmo too well after all this time. It would be kinda bad if he didn't know his husband so well. Kaine was busying himself with the pasta as Tenmo was starting to prep something else now that the bread was in the oven.

"I am sure I will~! I am sure your company in keeping little Oreo occupied will help me do homework or I am sure she would be happier sitting on top of my book wondering why I am not playing with her" Solaria chuckled, trying not to blush more at how cute the others blush was. He was really adorable...she couldn't take it! "It is already late so I will start doing it tomorrow" She nodded, Oreo stretching out with a small yawn and curling up into Rens lap for a small cat nap.

"Me as well for you..I am sure there is so much we can learn though every day and for the rest of our lives and eternity" He hummed happily, kissing the others cheek. He finished the prep and stared intently at the oven. Bread...hurry up....

Ren definitely perked up at the idea of keeping Solaria company while she did homework or keeping Oreo occupied. Why not both? He could keep Solaria company while occupying Oreo. It'd be better than doing who knows what while she was busy. Oreo curling up in his lap had him reaching down and patting the small kitten while she was falling asleep. Finding her adorable and always enjoying their cuddle moments. When they were called for dinner he unwillingly moved Oreo off his lap placing the tiny animal down on the couch before going to wash his hands and sit at the table.

"Of course their is. We'll always learn new things about each other for the rest of our lives." Kaine replied with a smile straining the pasta. Checking the bread and seeing it was just about finished. Calling Solaria and Ren to come sit at the table as he was starting to plate the food. After setting the kids plates down he turned to Tenmo, "can you take the bread out and get it cut up while I get our plates?"