The Savior or Betrayer? (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

th?id=OIP.ExXYlNDtAWG9jBK1W01wXQHaJo&w=190&h=247&c=8&o=5&pid=1.7

Name: Xeno

Eyes: Orange(Only difference to the picture)

Personality: Xeno tends to be hotheaded, his fuse is short and temper unstable. Despite his small stature he's actually quite strong, deceitful, cunning and intelligent. He enjoys messing with the minds of those who prove to be mentally inferior to himself, especially if he is physically weaker.

Nestled deep in the mountains was an ancient stone structure built right into the mountainside, the large heavy wooden doors were secured not just by strong metal locks but by magic to keep anyone from entering. Deep in that structure lied a tomb like no other, dark and evil statues stood around the perimeter of the room, and in the center, resting on a raise platform was a tomb. Runes glowed blue in the dimly lit chamber, the only indication that the runes were still working and the spell trapping the figure inside was still active. Centuries had passed and the tomb remained undisturbed, but that was all about to change.

A series of strong earthquakes had hit the area, shaking the very mountains and the structure within. Different wings of the ancient structure suffered caveins and were destroyed or lost during the quakes. One such earthquake was so strong that it managed to crack the tomb, cracking the runes inscribed on it's sides and breaking the spell binding the figure inside. With the break of the spell that bound him a huge magical explosion caused the trees and life within five miles of the tomb to be destroyed, the land no longer capable of growing any sort of plantlife, the animals refusing to come near it. The after shocks of this magical explosion was what alerted the nearest village to the distress and the darkness that would befall their world. It had been centuries since the force within had been awakened, and it had taken centuries to return him to his slumber.

*~*~*~*

Orange eyes snapped open immediately after the seal was broken, lungs taking in a breath for the first time in centuries. Xeno was awakened once more, reaching up he easily pushed the heavy lid of his tomb from it's place hearing the sound of it falling and shattering on the floor of the chamber. Sitting up his gaze moved around the chamber, the torches that had burned throughout his slumber thanks to the magic in the chamber flickered before they began burning brighter and hotter than before. The first thing he did was stand and move towards the staff that was hanging on the far wall, the moment his hand closed around it he could feel some of his strength returning.

He was still weak though, it would take him a little while to regain his full strength, but it did not mean he could not start raising his armies now. Moving from the chamber he began to see the damage that had occured, over the centuries certain parts of the structure had crumbled and become weak on their own, but the recent earthquakes certainly had not gone easy on the old structure either. Shame really, but it wouldn't be hard for him to repair. Xeno knew he had to work quickly though, it would only be a matter of time before a new hero would begin their treck to defeat him and imprison him once again.

There was no way he was going to allow that to just happen though. It always ended the same, ever since he first appeared on this earth. They came for him, the people told tales of these chosen ones, tales of how they would defeat the great evil of the world and seal it to slumber again. Again and again Xeno failed to win against these 'heroes' and found himself always imprisoned in his tomb, but not this time. No, he had learned a lot over his past battles and defeats, and he had an idea that he was sure would finally bring him to victory.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sathenus

• Dragongirl26

Name: Kai Sato

Looks:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
(he has more muscles)

Personality: Kai is stubborn and strong. The way he looks makes him blend into the world he had be labeled as the 'Hero' as despite being forced there. Kai also likes to be left alone also doesn't care of fighting likes to talk stuff out.

Kai had finally got use to this world. He had been here for a month after being summoned against his will. Some people called him the Hero of all, but he didn't see himself that way and didn't even know what he was going to be fighting for or even if he wanted to fight. The villagers send him up into the mountains to kill the 'Demon of all evil' or the destroyer of all worlds, but no one really knew what he looked like or where to find him at. The damn villagers pointed to the mountain and said go there he is up there. The rest of them were two damn scared to go up there and he hated it.

The month that Kai had spent there he had slowly gave up on the idea of going home. No one knew how to get a hero back once they had been summoned and as far as Kai could tell they never did go back after the mission was completed. The hero usually died sealing whatever it was away. After a few hours in the mountain forest he sighed. "Damn I am lost. I don't even want to be up here damn villagers." He said as he set down and started to try to think of where he was.

Kai never thought himself as a hero never not even when he was in his home world. Kai took a deep breath and wondered what was going on in his world right now. Did anyone noticed he was gone? Did anyone actually care that he was missing? Shaking his head it was a question he would never know the answer too. Kai laid back in the grass. "Well I might as well rest for now." he said looking at all the gear the villagers had given him for his travels.

Xeno had taken the time to refix his structure, the cracks were gone, the collapsed rooms restore. It had been a painstaking task but it was all finally complete. The last thing he did was glance towards his tomb, the place he always ended up resealed in, cast away until the next idiot or disaster broke the seal and woke him from his eternal slumber. It was a disaster really, he didn't understand why these heros always seemed to appear and be sent after him when he was awoken, it wasn't like the first thing he did was go out and kill people. Granted... that probably wasn't a bad idea, at least give these heroes a reason to come after him all the time.

Shrugging it off he had left his ancient structure traveling through the 'dead zone' as he had so fondly come to refer to the desolation as and was moving through the woods. He'd have to gather some supplies to work on some things and the best supplies were the ones retrieved fresh from the source. Not to mention no one was about to give him what he needed, he'd have to steal it, and that would just bring more attention to him in the end.

Walking quietly through the woods he didn't really give much thought to where he was going, his body seeming to be on autopilot while his brain was focused on more pressing matters. At least until he suddenly became aware of a presence in the woods, this presence snapped him out of what he was doing and he stilled, orange eyes scanning the area around him, taking in the trees and the brush. It was quiet, the animals had long since left this area and didn't venture so close to the dead zone, so... what was around?

With that he moved towards the source, using his senses to lead him towards the figure the person who dared to come so close to where he lived. It didn't take him very long at all and he found the figure, lying in the tall grass near a tree. For a moment he just watched him before he moved closer, leaning against a tree nearby. "You're far from any village." He commented, tilting his head as he watched the figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Xeno had taken the time to refix his structure, the cracks were gone, the collapsed rooms restore. It had been a painstaking task but it was all finally complete. The last thing he did was glance towards his tomb, the place he always ended up resealed in, cast away until the next idiot or disaster broke the seal and woke him from his eternal slumber. It was a disaster really, he didn't understand why these heros always seemed to appear and be sent after him when he was awoken, it wasn't like the first thing he did was go out and kill people. Granted... that probably wasn't a bad idea, at least give these heroes a reason to come after him all the time.

Shrugging it off he had left his ancient structure traveling through the 'dead zone' as he had so fondly come to refer to the desolation as and was moving through the woods. He'd have to gather some supplies to work on some things and the best supplies were the ones retrieved fresh from the source. Not to mention no one was about to give him what he needed, he'd have to steal it, and that would just bring more attention to him in the end.

Walking quietly through the woods he didn't really give much thought to where he was going, his body seeming to be on autopilot while his brain was focused on more pressing matters. At least until he suddenly became aware of a presence in the woods, this presence snapped him out of what he was doing and he stilled, orange eyes scanning the area around him, taking in the trees and the brush. It was quiet, the animals had long since left this area and didn't venture so close to the dead zone, so... what was around?

With that he moved towards the source, using his senses to lead him towards the figure the person who dared to come so close to where he lived. It didn't take him very long at all and he found the figure, lying in the tall grass near a tree. For a moment he just watched him before he moved closer, leaning against a tree nearby. "You're far from any village." He commented, tilting his head as he watched the figure.

Kai was resting in the grass looking up at the tall Tree and its leaves that were starting to change colors. Raising his arm above his face as if to grab at the leaves he sighed. Kai wasn't sure what he wanted to do should he follow along with the plan that they told him to do or should he find the better path. Kai was never one to talk with his fist. "This world is wrong everything seems wrong in it."

Hearing movement from the tree line he sighed as he put his hand down thinking it was an animal even tho he hadn't seen any animal and none of the villagers wanted to give him any information other than go into the mountain and seal the demon. He heard the voice speak. "I could say the same thing for you as well. You are far from the village as well. I thought all the villagers were scared of coming up into this place." He said in a soft voice. There was no hate or anything in it right now it was just kind. Sitting up he looked where the voice was coming from. "Did you get lost? I know I did and hell I don't even know why I am here even." Kai said rubbing the back of his head.

Kai couldn't really make out the figure other that he looked human he was still too far away from him. "I don't know how long you have been up here, but if you need something to eat I can give you something to eat. The villager gave me food to last a week. I also need to find a cave or something not to fond of sleeping out doors." Kai said as he got up from the ground and dusted all the dust and grass off of his body.

"I'm not a villager." Xeno replied as he watched the figure who had sat up upon hearing him speak. At least he could get a better view of him now, but it didn't mean he was any less cautious about the figure. He wasn't stupid as to what the villagers were up to, and what they wanted and that was for him to be returned to his tomb. It wasn't something he wanted to deal with right now, but it was going to happen one way or the other. "No. I'm not lost." He added at the last question, though he was curious to hear that the other was indeed lost. "What are you looking for?" He questioned.

"I'll be fine, but that is rather kind of you." Xeno was quite amused by the other. It was strange that someone would offer food to another they knew nothing about. It was risky really, that he was even so open to have such a conversation with another party, but that was a different matter. At the mention of needing to find a cave or something as he wasn't fond of sleeping outdoors a wicked idea came to mind. "You can stay with me for the night if you want. It will get you out of the elements and you can continue on your journey in the morning after a nice rest." This was out of character of Xeno but there was a hidden reason behind it as well.

What that reason was would remain to be seen of course. "Shall we?" He questioned having moved a little closer to the figure before motioning for him to follow him. They weren't too far from where his home was, but it would still take them a few hours to get back there, so it was best they set off now. He didn't know how well this man could move in the dark after all, while he wasn't impaired at all whether it was day or night.

"I don't know the villagers were vage in what I was looking for as if none of them knew what it looked like. Some people said a castle filled with darkness others said I am looking for a grave. I only left the stupid village because they wouldn't stop telling me that I needed to do this." He said closing his eyes still not sure what he needed to do. "So I plan on heading back in a week wither I find it or not. Hell I might even make a house up here. Not like I have any place else to go." he said sighing as he started to walk towards the figure in the trees.

"I would love it if I had a place to stay you know." He said walking closer to the figure leaning on the trees. "I am guessing you know this place? Really well?" he said as he yawned and just sighed. "Thank you Sir you are really nice. My name is Kai Sato and lets just leave it at that for now if that is alright with you." He said as he moved a little closer and then saw that the figure moved his hands as if to say follow him. Grabbing his backpack he started to follow the person in front of him not knowing where they were going. Kai really didn't trust to may people, but he felt that this guy would get it no matter what.

Kai looked around and saw all the plants and flowers. They were so pretty. Even more so than the one's where he was from. Kai use to live in the city so all this was new to him. Tho he always did wanted to go camping and guess what now he could. "If you don't mind me asking what is your name and I was wondering why you were in these mountains? Did you choose to live here. Its very pretty." He said wondering if he was talking to much. That was one thing he did . Kai would talk to much when he was nervous about something and going with this stranger made him feel that way for some reason. Shaking his head he pushed that feeling down and just followed the person in front of him.

Xeno was listening closely as the other spoke telling him what the villagers had said he was looking for and listening as he said they had been vage. "It's a bit of both." He replied after the other had finished saying what he was looking for and telling him why he had left as the villagers apparently wouldn't stop telling him that he needed to do this. "You sound like an unwilling hero. That's not very common." The man said after a few seconds of silence had passed, this was certainly new in these heroes most were more than willing to just jump into it, save everyone without a second thought. "Why wouldn't you have somewhere else to go? Not to mention a house up here for someone like you wouldn't be a good idea. There aren't any animals for miles, you'd have a very hard time sustaining yourself without going on long journeys still or going back to the village for supplies."

"Like the back of my hand." He answered with a small nod when the other said he was guessing he knew this place adding really well immediately after. "Perfectly acceptable to me." He didn't honestly even care for the introduction, it was unnecessary right now. Still, he felt like it was something that he was probably expected to return so with a small silent sigh he did, "My name is Xeno." As the other moved closer to him he had turned to lead the way back in the direction he had come from and towards his home. This was quite a change in events, he hadn't left home this morning with the intention of returning with a guest, or the hero for that matter. He had left to gather some things he needed, ah well, things happened for a reason or at least he had repeatedly heard others say such things.

"These mountains have been my home for a very long time." Xeno answered. "It's not a matter of why I am in these mountains, as it has always been that way." He couldn't really recall how many heros ago it had been that he had actually lived somewhere else. It had all been an elaborate way to avoid the hero, but in the end that had failed. It always failed. Before his tomb had been built and he had been sealed away the first time, he had run rampant in the world, had traveled where he wanted and had done whatever he wanted. Well, he still did whatever he wanted but his travel was restricted while he was still weak. It would take him a little while to regain his full strength, during which time he remained close to his tomb.

Xeno's steps were quick and swift, having traversed these mountains for many centuries, but that wasn't the only reason he was capable of traveling so quickly. Not being a mere mortal made it quite easy, and was probably the main reason in the end. "You can rest upon our arrival, you seem like you really need it." He commented as he spared a glance over his shoulder.

"Ah, I don't even know why?" he said as he looked at Xeno. "Well you would be too if you had a good life and then out of no where they pull you into this world with no way of going back. I mean its like they don't think this thing through. You know I mean what would you feel like if someone just plucked you from everything you knew?" he asked Xeno. "Anyway sorry about complaining I usually don't complain. I really don't care I could go to the village for supplies that would be fine. I just don't want to be bothered you know." he said looking around as he followed Xeno.

"That's cool that you know this place like the back of your hand." Kai said smiling at him. "Well its nice to met you Xeno. Just so you know I would never call myself a Hero. I don't even think I am one and all the villagers are just being paranoid about nothing. It happens where I am from all the time." Kai explained. "Well If you get hungry let me know on the way to your house and I will share the food I have." Kai said

"These mountains that you live in are very pretty and I would have to thank the villagers for coming up with that story to protect these mountains. I guess in a way I am glad that those villagers are the way they are I can see the beauty for what it is in this world." Kai said as he kept pace with Xeno as he picked up speed. "Oh and just in case you are a robber or something. If your going to kill me do it in my sleep. I always thought that would be the best way to go." Kai said thinking about his death a lot now that he came to this world. He didn't trust most people but he felt like he could trust this person and if it so happens he kills him so be it. It was just not meant to be.

"Has it occurred to you that maybe this evil you are after, this evil that everyone keeps sending hero after hero to imprison causing said hero to sacrifice their own lives too was experiencing the same thing as you? They can't kill the evil, so instead they keep imprisoning it in a tomb, thinking that will solve all their problems." His words had become bitter towards the end. Now that Xeno knew who this figure was, it was up to him to make him see him as though he wasn't evil, even if that may not be true. "You have every right to complain, you were torn from your world like so many hero's before you. Facing a fate you never wanted." It was easy for him to pretend to sympathise with the hero, mainly because he didn't want to end up back in his tomb. "Well, if you don't mind going to the village for supplies then building a home for yourself in the woods is definitely a good idea. They won't bother you here."

"Does it?" Xeno asked truly interested upon hearing that paranoia like this was something that happened where the other was from all the time. So could it be... that this hero would not try to seal him away? Well, if he continued to play nice whenever the other was around he would surely see no reason too, especially not when it meant his own death in the process. It made Xeno wonder for a moment if there was a way to do the spell without killing oneself, it was probably possible and that no hero before now had been smart enough to figure it out. Shrugging it off he decided not to focus on it for too long though and instead focused on something more interesting to him like the ingredients he needed to help regain his strength.

"That is definitely a positive way to see it." He replied with a smile. Liking that this man was seeing that story as a way to see the actual beauty of the mountains around them and not just believing everything he had heard. As they walked the man suddenly expressed that if he was a robber or something and was going to kill him to do it in his sleep. Why was he even giving him permission to kill him to begin with? "I'm not going to rob you, or kill you." Xeno replied. Not yet at the very least.

They traveled silently after that for an hour or so before they reached the edge of the dead zone, but Xeno paid it no mind as he continued forward, this part was easier to traverse as everything was dead and easy to kick out of the way except for some larger trees that one would have to move over or go around. They were nearing his home though and the place he'd allow Kai to rest.

"Yeah I have thought about it." Kai said shaking his head. "I also told them to there faces that I am not like the other mindless idiots that they have brought before and that I am not going to kill myself so they can live happy for what maybe a few years before they have to do this all over again?" He said sighing. "So I thought I would maybe find out about what they want me to do. I mean there are two sides to every coin, People fear what they don't know. I know that far too well from where I am from." Kai said as he walked with Xeno.

"Anyway thanks for letting me stay with you, If there is anything you need ask and I'll see about trying to get it for you." Kai wondered about this guy and if he could be the one the villager were scared of. If that was the case he didn't see any reason to be. Xeno was nice, sure he might of just been playing nice if he was the thing the villager were scared of, but Kai could see sadness berried deep down in Xeno's eyes and he didn't even know if Xeno realized it himself or not. "Any way I don't know why I am telling you this. I just thought you should know I am not going to mindlessly kill myself for other people. I don't know what the Hero's before me were like, but if you were ripped from your world and told you had to kill yourself to protect strangers I don't think most people would do it." he said he wanted this person to trust him he had no idea why tho.

"This place is my type of place. Where I was from I lived in a big city and I always wanted to see the country side. That is one good thing about this place,. It did get be away from my stressful life back at home. Anyway I think its also good the villagers are scared of this place. Mostly because in my world this place would of already been torn down to make room for houses." Kai said as he touched the nearest tree and smiled. He then shook his head and followed Xeno. for the next hour he was quite thinking about everything that was going to happen to him and why he was picked over everyone else in his world.

Kai noticed that the more they walked the more dead everything was, but for some reason he didn't think that it was the fault of the person they were scared of.When they got closer to his home he took a deep breath and decided to ask something. "So i have a question? Everything is dead around this area is it because or the thing the villagers are scared of or is it because the Hero's power killed everything after they killed themselves." he said almost sure that this was the person the villagers were wanting gone now.

This hero really did talk a lot Xeno decided as they were walking, telling him way more than he needed to know, more than he cared to know. But he didn't interrupt him either, when was the last time he had a chance to vent after all? That had to be the reason why he was so talkative, why he was telling him so much. It made sense, being ripped from his world, thrown into this one and being immediately told what he needed to do would definitely be stressful. Not to mention none of the villagers would care what he was feeling, all they cared about was their precious hero sending him back to that god forsaken tomb for another century or so.

Drawn from his thoughts he spared him a glance when Kai said he had a question. At the mention of everything around here being dead he glanced around it himself, as if it was the first time he had noticed the death of the trees, vegetation and animals. When he finished his question it took Xeno a moment to answer the question when it was finally asked. "It's caused by the breaking of the charm, by the tomb opening. The magic, combined with the magic of... the one they fear... causes an explosion of magic that kills all living things within a five mile radius of the tomb. Over time, the world will begin to reclaim it, only for it to happen again when the tomb opens again." It was the best way he could explain the dead zone. It was always the same zone of course, because the tomb never moved.

Xeno fell silent after that, continuing forward, it wasn't very long after that maybe another hour or so that the tomb came into view. The large menacing stone structure towered high into the sky, built right into the mountain. He supposed it could be impressive to some, to him it was just a prison, nothing more. Leading him up to the entrance he placed his hand over the stone door watching as it ended up falling away to reveal the passages available to move further within the mountain.

"Well... welcome to my home. Don't... break anything." The place was extremely old, and certain parts of it he had yet to repair and thus were weak and easy to break. Walking forward, he lead the way inside, the torches lining the wall were magically lighting to light the way as he moved inside. He passed the large main chamber that was the tomb, ignoring the broken stone tomb in the center.

Kai walked behind the name Named Xeno some more and listed to his reasoning behind this and the more they walked the more he was almost sure that this was the person all the village feared. Kai shook hie head at the thought wondering why they would be scared of this person They said he wasn't human and that he was a demon, but Kai could see all of the human emotions.

The hour of walking Kai took a deep breath he was getting tired from walking his feet were burning and throbbing. he wasn't use to talking this much at all.Kai watched as Xeno used his hand on a stone and opened a door. "That's cool." he whispered under his breath. As he followed Xeno inside the castle/tomb. "I won't try to brake anything that you don't want me to." he said as he walked into the place and saw a type of rock casket with a broken marble lid.

Taking a deep breath Kai asked what he almost already knew at this point. "So are you the thing the village is so scared about. I thought it was strange when we first met, but I didn't want to ask then." he said looking away as they passed that room. Kai really didn't care at this point who Xeno was his actions were not evil at leas what he had seen and he even tried to help after he found out he was the hero. Sure it might be him trying not to be locked away into the tomb again, but Kai thought there might be something else behind it.

"Yes. It's been a rather vicious cycle. My tomb will break for whatever reason, though normally just a strong earthquake is enough. I'll reawaken, my awakening will cause the return of the dead zone, a hero will be chosen whether from our world or another and is sent to lock me away again. They sacrifice themselves to seal me away for another century or so, and their bodies turn into the statues you see around my tombs chamber." Xeno replied giving an overview of how things went, how they had always gone. "Oddly enough, none of those other heroes ever stopped to ask themselves if what they were doing was worth dying for. Worth being eternally turned into one of my tombs guardians. It's said they can be reawakened if it is another being that threatens to free me from my tomb. But no such thing has ever happened."

After leading the way through a few side chambers he stepped into another chamber that had a bed and a few other items lying around. "Here is the room you can stay in. You can stay as long as you want too." Xeno said motioning to the chamber around them before he turned to face Kai and offered him a small smile. "I may be seen as a great evil, but that doesn't mean that I am always evil." With that he made to leave the chamber so that he could go relax a little and regain some more of his strength. Until he was at full strength again he couldn't really try anything really destructive, he just didn't have the power behind him.

After leaving Kai to settle in he made his way to his own chamber and laid down on the bed staring up at the stone ceiling. It was... such a long day. He hadn't expected to come face to face with the hero so soon, but he knew that the hero had already arrived. Letting his eyes drift shut he allowed his form to shift slightly, allowing the horns he normally had hidden when outside his home appear. That was really the only difference he ever made to his form, the only thing he ever felt like needed to be hidden. But it was nice to be able to relax and not even hide that small fact. People in this world were far to judgemental for their own good.

"A cycle that is going to stop with me." he whispered. "I don't wish to through my life away for nothing." he said as followed Xeno to the bedroom. "Thanks I don't really have anywhere else to go." he said shaking his head not sure what he needed to do, but he was going to do something. "If you need help with anything let me know. If I was you and this kept happening to me I would want to destroy the world as well." Kai whispered.

Once in the room that Xeno said would be his. Kai took off his backpack and sword walked over to the bed and laid down. Kai was actually shocked by how soft the bed was. It almost made him want to go to sleep because he had been a while since he felt a bed this soft before. "This is a weird bed, but I like it. It kind of reminds me of home." He said and closed his eyes almost falling asleep.

After relaxing for a bit in his room Xeno decided he had work that needed to get done and thus was rising up off the bed and heading out of the chamber to get back to business. He still had some things to repair, and ingredients to ready, there was a lot to do. Even if Kai said that he wasn't just going to throw his life away for nothing it didn't mean he didn't want to be prepared in the event that the hero decided he was no longer nothing.

The rest of his repairs went pretty easily, he had tended to some unstable walls before he was moving on to preparing some ingredients for potions and elixirs that may become useful for him in the future. He was working in his work room a few old books floating around his head or returning to shelves as he worked. That wasn't even all his power, he didn't have to rely on such magic to do his bidding but it was far less strenuous when done in this manner.

Kai could hear stuff going on inside the place where he was now staying he wondered that if the other hero's took the time to get to know the think that was feared by all would it of ended up a different story. Raising his hand to the ceiling Kai wondered what would happen to the both of them He knew that they could kill each other at any point, but they both just wanted to be understood. Kai didn't even know if Xeno was a threat if he would take care of them he thought that if the villager died it was there own fault for thinking that the hero would save them each time. "You never know what is going to happen next do you." Kai said smiling as he made a fist with his hand in the air then let it drop to beside him.

Turning on the bed he wondered if he should go see what Xeno was doing, but then again he didn't know this place that well after a little bit of thinking Kai got up off the bed and grabbed a fruit from his bag that the villagers gave him and then headed out of the room to see if he could fine Xeno and talk to him some more, After wandering for a bit he found him in a room with a lot of books that were floating around him. "Hey Xeno. I thought I would share some fruit with you if you wanted." He said looking at him and knocked on the door as if not to come in without being asked to. "And that is cool that you can use magic like that." he said smiling

Xeno was aware of the figure approaching the moment Kai had started to move around the place, but it didn't take very long before his guest seemed to find him. Glancing over his shoulder he noticed he was standing there holding a fruit in his hand. "It's kind of a simple parlor trick." He replied to the comment about the books, turning from his work he let the books return themselves to their shelves as he motioned for Kai to come further into the room. "What can I do for you?" He asked as he leaned back against the desk behind him. "Surely it was more than just wanting to offer me some fruit." Xeno had a feeling, even if a small one that there was another reason why Kai had decided to come find him.

Maybe he was just bored? That was possible, it wasn't as though his home was the most interesting place to be, but with how little time he normally had between waking and being imprisoned again it was fair enough to say there was a good reason for that. After a moment he thought he should get to know the other a bit better. "So, how are you liking this world so far? I'm sure it's quite different than the one you come from." It was a thought more than anything, he had no way of telling if that was actually true or not.

“That is some parlor trick think you can teach e something like that.” he said watching him and smiled. “Is it so bad that I just wanted to come and see what you are doing? You seem to be having fun.” he said smiling. “Is there anything that I can help you with?” Kai asked kind of wanting to help with what ever Xeno was doing with his work right now. Kai was bored and there was nothing else to do. “Maybe I can cook for you and make you something to eat.” he said

“Do you think we might be able to do something to make this place better?” He asked then shook his head and looked t him. “Maybe make this place more like someone lives in it?” he asked “I am liking this world alright yeah its very different than the world that I am from so much so it was hard to deal with at first, but I have got use to it.” he said looking at Xeno. “So are you human or demon or something else?” he asked he kind of wanted to know. “Also can I come inside the room?”

"Possibly. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to at least attempt it." Xeno replied with a small nod. It wasn't that hard of a trick, not for a demon like himself, and he saw no reason why Kai would be unable to do it either. Especially since he was the hero and thus had to have some form of magic in order to reseal him into his tomb. Teaching him to tap into that magic and use it in simple ways like hovering some books wouldn't be too difficult, and in Xeno's opinion it'd be a much better use for that magic. Being asked if there was anything the other could help him with made Xeno hesitate for a moment, thinking it over and asking himself that very thing. Was there anything Kai could help him with? Surely there had to be something. But... he wasn't sure how well this hero would be at doing it. "If you really want to help you can follow the recipe in this book here. All the ingredients and supplies you'll need are already set up on the table over there." Xeno finally said pointing to the table as a book removed itself from the shelves around them flipping open to the recipe of the concoction that Xeno wanted made and resting itself on a stand on the table.

"I suppose that depends on how long you're going to let me live in it before I end up back in my tomb." He replied not being able to hide that his voice had gone a bit bitter for a moment. He had to remind himself that Kai was the first hero to ever stop and think for himself instead of just banishing him back to his tomb and another century or so of slumber. "Sorry... old resentment dies hard I suppose." Xeno apologized with a shake of his head.

"A demon." Came his response as he was moving to continue with what he had been doing before Kai had arrived. "Yes of course." He absently commented motioning for the other to come into the room as he was working and getting back to business. It wasn't like he was going to keep him shut out or something, especially since the door to this room was wide open to begin with. It pretty much stated he wouldn't mind the company from the very beginning. Odd, he never really cared to have company before. Granted he was never given the chance to decide if he wanted company either.

Kai shrugged his shoulders. “As of right now I have no plan of sealing you away.” He said then hear him say he was sorry. “Its fine I am sure I am the first one who ever took the time to try to get to know the real you.” he said looking at him. “If I can help you make this your home I would be happy to. I don’t plan on sending you back unless you do something stupid…..You know what I might not even do it then the villagers have what ever you do to them they have it coming,”

Kai smiled and walked into the room as the book came over to the area he was going to be at. Kai nodded and walked over to the book and started to read the book. “This is weird it reads like a cookbook.” he said then looked at him. Kai was happy that he could do something be grabbed the bowl and started to work throwing what was called for into the bowl and fooling directions. “This is really cool I really enjoy this and it can kill me being bored.” he said.

After a little bit he mixed everything together he looked over at Xeno. “So I got it already anything else you need me to do I can careful to make sure I put the right stuff into it. I was use to most of everything because I use to cook at my home. Tho I think you aren’t going to eat this are you?” he asked then looked back to make sure he had everything he needed in the bowl. “Yep its all done.”

"Right now, huh?" Xeno replied a bit amused but he nodded. "Fair enough all the same." He added after a moment. When Kai accepted his apology and told him that he was probably the first one who ever took the time to try to get to know him a slightly sad smile appeared on his face. Sure Xeno was far from innocent, and he did have some rather... world destroying ideas in his head. But Kai was right, he really was the first one to ever take the time to try to get to know him or his intentions without just assuming based on what he was. "You're right, everyone sees Demon and automatically assume that I'm here to destroy the planet. They don't care if they are right or wrong in that assumption." He replied with a sigh turning to face Kai better.

"What would you consider doing something stupid?" Xeno asked a bit curious. It wasn't that he was going to avoid doing it no matter what Kai said was something stupid, but he was going to at least ask to get an idea of what it was. He watched the hero move to do as he had asked of him and this of course made a pleased smile appear. It was nice to know that he was going to help him out, as any help really was appreciated at this point. "I'm glad you like doing it, and that it doesn't bore you. It certainly isn't the most interesting thing in the world."

"No, you're right it's not for eating. It's actually to place an enchantment on the land again. Well, this fortress more like it." Xeno replied as he took the mixture from Kai and looked it over. The mortal really had done well, it looked almost perfect. 'Huh... he might be more useful to me than I thought.' Xeno thought to himself before he was thinking about if there was anything else he could have him do. "This looks really good. Maybe I'll have you help me with some more advanced things later." He commented.

“Yeah where I am from we have demons too. They aren’t really born demons they are human, but they were demons none the less they would kill and rape kids.” Kai said looking at him and looked at him. “I mean you woke up and found out that I was the hero. You have had more then enough chances to kill me, but you haven’t so you can’t be that bad.” Kai said.

“Something stupid if you go out and rape and kill little kids thats where I have to draw the line.” He said looking at him. “Other than that I don’t care what you do and to the villagers.” Kai said then shook his head. “There isn’t a lot of things in this world, but I can still try to do stuff that will make my life a little less boring.” Kai smiled back at the Xeno

“You can’t be that bad if you are making stuff to help the land get back to the way it was before the casket opened.” he said looking at him. “You do know what I just did…..where I come from that would of made a great salad..It would be a little bit weird salad, but people would still eat it.” he said looking at him. “Something people don’t know about myself is I do love cooking. This is kind of like cooking as well even tho its not if that makes any since at all.” he said as he looked around the room at some of the strange objects. “Yeah I would love to help you out with what ever it is you want me to do.” he said and closed his eyes taking a deep breath and then opening his eyes. “Do you think you can teach me magic when we are done with this?” he asked. “Its something I always wanted to do.” Kai said

"You haven't given me a reason too. Being the hero alone doesn't automatically mean you have a death wish or sign your death certificate." Xeno responded with a shake of his head. When he was told that something stupid was what the Demons of his world were known for doing he gave the other a slightly disgusted look. "The Demons of this world take an oath of celibacy. We don't and won't rape or have sex with anyone, much less children." He replied as though it was obvious. Deep down he felt like this didn't need to be said, as though it was so obvious. Granted... it sucked tremendously, there had been a few times he had found himself tempted and wished he hadn't taken such a stupid oath, but for the most part the need and desire wasn't there anyway.

"It's a minimalistic world, but that's what makes it so lovely. You don't need a lot of cool or shiny things, or even a lot at all to have a great life in this world. That's part of what makes it so perfect. I'd take this world again and again no matter how many heroes lock me away." Xeno added at the comment of the world not having or being much. Sure it probably wasn't the most impressive, and it was probably far less than what Kai was used too, but Xeno very much loved that about this world. It's what made him happy to live in it, even if he was continuously sealed away.

A soft laugh escaped him when Kai mentioned that he couldn't be that bad if he was making something to help the land return to the way it was before the breaking of his tomb. "Appearances can be deceiving, Kai." Was his only response as he returned to his work. "A salad?" The Demon replied with a curious look. It wasn't a foreign concept to him, of course the people here ate salad as well but he would hope none of them would eat what he had just had Kai make for him. It'd be disgusting at best, and who knew what would happen to the person who ingested it. "I suppose we could give it a shot, if you're really that eager to learn something." He replied with a slightly dismissive wave of his hand.

“A vow of celibacy? Why would you do that? What happens if you brake it?” Kai asked and looked at him. “See if you were a true evil demon I think you would of tried to kill me when you found out who I was.” he said looking at the demon. “I am glad you won’t rape anyone that is good.” he said smiling at him.

“It will take me a bit to get use to, but I think I might like it here as well. Where I am from everyone is in a rush. They are here as well, but in a different way.” he said looking at him and gave Xeno a warm smile. “So what do you like most about this world?” Kai asked wondering about what this world Xeno liked and wanted to maybe try it as well.

“Ain’t that the truth.” he said looking at him. “So you are alright in my book. I think those villages are just paranoid from the stories that were past down the line you know. Fear can bring out the worst in someone.” Kai walked over and looked at a few books on the shelves. “Yes I would would to learn something like that. I have always wanted to even since I was a kid. We don’t have magic in my world. So its a cool and new thought here.” he said smiling. "Anything else I can do for you Xeno?" Kai asked in a caring voice and looked at Xeno. It hadn't been long since he met him, but he really liked him.

'That's a good question.' Xeno thought to himself when he was asked why he would do that. "The vow is taken when you're young, before your sex drive kicks in and destroys your sense of focus." Xeno admitted with a small shrug. "It makes taking the vow quite easy." He added. The question of what happens when one broke the vow made him silent for a bit longer, "Castration." He replied his eyes moving to lock with Kai's. "It's considered a distraction, you can't reach your full potential if you're always letting your sexual desires get in your way." He responded with an almost uncaring tone. It really didn't matter to him, he was just so used to it. Occasionally he got tempted, but it never turned into anything. Though Xeno was realizing that was probably do mainly to the fact that he was always sealed away again so soon. "The desire definitely isn't remotely present." He agreed with a nod. He wouldn't be raping anyone, not now or ever.

When he was asked what he liked about this world it took him a bit to figure it out himself. What did he like about it? There was so much that he may not like about this world but there was plenty he did like as well. "What I like about this world has nothing to do with it's people. It's the countryside that is better. The peaceful world, really lets you focus." There weren't any people running around to distract him here, no noises other than the natural sound of the countryside.

"Don't get me wrong, they have the right to fear me. I just haven't given them a reason too." Xeno wanted it made clear that he was still a force to be reckoned with. He was dangerous and capable of what they were accusing him of, he just hadn't put anything into motion. Mainly because he had not had a chance to do so. When he was asked if there was anything else that he could do for him he considered the question for a moment. Glancing around him his eyes moved back to the books that Kai had been looking at. "No, I suppose we are good for now, but we can try to give you a magic lesson if you're up for it."