• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BRIDGET

• voide

• Virdian*

• batista

Team: GAY-DAY

What animal parts were the first artificial Christmas trees made from?

Goose feathers

The first artificial Christmas trees were developed in Germany during the 19th century. These "trees" were made using goose feathers that were dyed or painted green.

figXmas_zps3xepfp3b.png

Q: The man who voiced the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas! was most famous for playing what popular Hollywood monster?

A: Frankenstein

Team DOPE ASF ver. 3.0

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
about the Hanukkah. Isn't both 8 and 9 are both the right answer? the ninth candle was added after 16th century and bearing an Aramaic name, so many people don't leave it on the Hanukkah, so 8 candles are the main which represent the 8 holy nights, but the 9th is optional depending on personal beliefs.. that why there are the ones that the 9th candle can be removed. There are a lot of discussions about this but I don't know why the information does not mention on wiki. Can you check the answer again?

Sure thing

;)

I checked with a friend and she told me that the nº, as you said, depends and there are menorahs with 7 candles. So I guess, we can say we're both right? Don't you agree?

I also consulted with a friend, who's a music teacher, and he told me that there's not certainty about the first music instruments used with Xmas carol as it would depend on the part of Europe we're talking about. So, I've decided to take your answer as correct. You agree as well?

I'll fix the points after this round, ok?

Round 7 of Mikazuki || Winter School 2018

Team Glitter&Gold - correct, 1000 points

After leaving Bethlehem, to which country did Joseph, Mary, and Jesus travel?

Team Gay-Day - correct, 1000 points

Red and green are the two colors most associated with Christmas. Which are the two other colors, according to Christmas holiday trivia, that are also extremely popular in this season?

Team DOPE ASF ver. 3.0 - correct, 1000 points

What is the name of Ebenezer Scrooge’s partner, from the play, A Christmas Carol?

Team LaKe - correct, 1000 points

Which was the last state in the United States that declared Christmas a legal holiday?

Team Warmchoco - correct, 1000 points

In 1821 a poem was published that mentioned Santa Claus for the first time What was the name of the poem?

Team i.Leo2 - correct, 1000 points

Saint Nicholas was a bishop in what is now the country of Turkey. What city was he the bishop of?

Team Gaea -correct, 1000 points

According to US scientists, how many houses should he visit in one second to deliver all the presents around the world?

Sure thing
;)

I checked with a friend and she told me that the nº, as you said, depends and there are menorahs with 7 candles. So I guess, we can say we're both right? Don't you agree?

Thank you so much for checking with your friend Brid

Team i.Leo2

Saint Nicholas was a bishop in what is now the country of Turkey. What city was he the bishop of?

ANS: He served as bishop of Myra

According to US scientists, how many houses should he visit in one second to deliver all the presents around the world?

Santa needs to visit 5,556 houses per second in order to deliver gifts to all 1.6 billion children all around the world on Christmas Eve.

Sure thing
;)

I also consulted with a friend, who's a music teacher, and he told me that there's not certainty about the first music instruments used with Xmas carol as it would depend on the part of Europe we're talking about. So, I've decided to take your answer as correct. You agree as well?

I'll fix the points after this round, ok?

Thank you for verifying with your friend. Really appreciate what u have done! Thank you!

Team -WarmChoco

In 1821 a poem was published that mentioned Santa Claus for the first time What was the name of the poem?

Answer: The Children's Friend

Last rpund of Mikazuki || Winter School 2018

Team Glitter&Gold - correct, 1500 points

Why some people put tangerines in the stockings?

Team Gay-Day - correct, 1500 points

Who holds the record most Christmas number 1 singles?

Team DOPE ASF ver. 3.0 - correct, 1500 points

According to the folklore of Austria and other countries, what horned figure punishes naughty children at Christmastime?

Team LaKe - correct, 1000 points

According to legend, London sweet shop owner Tom Smith was poking a fire when he got the inspiration to invent which traditional Christmas item?

Team Warmchoco - correct, 1500 points

On Christmas Eve 1990, a film called A Grand Day Out introduced us to which iconic British duo?

Team i.Leo2 - correct, 1500 points

What gift from Santa Claus won’t make Mariah Carey happy on Christmas Day?

In the Australian version of “Jingle Bells” what mode of transport is used instead of the one horse open sleigh

In the Australian version of “Jingle Bells” what mode of transport is used instead of the one horse open sleigh

a rusty Holden Ute

Team i.Leo2 -

What gift from Santa Claus won’t make Mariah Carey happy on Christmas Day?

Ans: Santa Claus won't make her happy with a toy on Christmas Day

According to the folklore of Austria and other countries, what horned figure punishes naughty children at Christmastime?

Krampus.

Team Dope ASF Ver. 3.0

Team GAY-DAY

A: The Beatles

The Beatles hold the record for most Christmas number 1 singles, topping the charts in 1963, 65 and 67.

-Team Glitter&Gold -

Why some people put tangerines in the stockings?

There are more stories in regards to why people believe in this tradition.

Some would tell you it’s because of St. Nicholas and his sacks of gold. St Nicholas devoted his life to helping others so when he tossed three sacks of gold down the chimney of a poor family in order to help the daughters marry, the gold happened to land in each of the girls’ stockings which were hanging by the fire to dry. So tangerines would be received today as a symbol of the gold that was left in the stockings.

Others claim that this was a treat during the Great Depression, people were poor so they couldn’t afford to buy expensive gifts. So getting a tangerine for Christmas would be quite the treat.

Some people entertain the idea that tangerines were once a scarce treat, especially in the north. They were often reserved for only the wealthy and the elite, something only the very rich could afford to eat during the year.

Nowadays though everyone can afford to buy tangerines so a lot of people can enjoy them during the holidays.

Last round of Mikazuki || Winter School 2018

Team Glitter&Gold - correct, 1000 points+gift

Team Gay-Day - correct, 1000 points+gift

Team DOPE ASF ver. 3.0 - correct, 1000 points+gift

Team LaKe - correct, 1500 points

Team Warmchoco - correct, 1000 points+gift

Team i.Leo2 - correct, 1000 points+gift

Team Gaea -correct, 1500 points

So, that's all for this year's edition. Thank you so much for participating and bearing with me. Congrats to all of you! As you know Key will be back in a couple of days so all points and gifts will be given once he catches up with the forums. Thank you for your understanding. And finally, if I don't get the chance, Happy Xsmas to all of you.

! You were a wonderful host of this game! Thanks for all the work, it was a lot of fun ^_^

Merry Christmas to you too! :Building snowman: