Mikazuki || Winter School 2018

batista

Round 4 of Mikazuki || Winter School 2018

Team Glitter&Gold - correct, 1000 points+500 extra points

Who was the first English monarch to have a Christmas tree?

Team Gay-Day - correct, 1000 points+500 extra points

In what century was St. Nicholas first mentioned?

Team DOPE ASF ver. 3.0 - correct, 1000 points+500 extra points

How many sides does a snowflake have?

Team LaKe - correct, 1000 points+500 extra points

According to the Bible, which season was Jesus born in?

Team Warmchoco - correct, 1000 points+500 extra points

In the Christmas song, 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer', how is his nose described?

Team i.Leo2 - correct, 1000 points+500 extra points

The song, 'I'm walking in the air' comes from which film?

Team Gaea -correct, 1000 points

In the Netherlands ,Santa Claus is known as Sinterklaas. How does he deliver candy and gifts to the children there?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BRIDGET

• voide

• Virdian*

• batista

Team Gaea -correct, 1000 points

In the Netherlands ,Santa Claus is known as Sinterklaas. How does he deliver candy and gifts to the children there?

He rides his white-grey horse over the rooftops at night and delievers gifts through the chimney to the well-behaved children.

Team - WarmChoco

In the Christmas song, 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer', how is his nose described?

♪♫Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer♪♫

♪♫Had a very shiny nose♪♫

♪♫And if you ever saw it♪♫

♪♫You would even say it glows♪♫

-Team Glitter&Gold-

Who was the first English monarch to have a Christmas tree?

"Good Queen Charlotte"[wife of George III] was the first monarch to set up a Christmas tree at Queen’s Lodge, Windsor, in December, 1800.

~ Lake Team ~

Some scholars think that he was born between 6 B.C. and 4 B.C., based partly on the biblical story of Herod the Great. Not long before Herod's demise, which is believed to have occurred in 4 B.C., the ruler of Judea supposedly ordered the death of all male infants who were under the age of two and lived in the vicinity of Bethlehem, in an attempt to kill Jesus.

Team GAY-DAY

4th Century

St. Nicholas is first mentioned in the fourth century. Christians believe that St. Nicholas was a Bishop from Asia Minor. He was also a Bishop in Myra and Lycia, in Turkey

Round 5 of Mikazuki || Winter School 2018

Team Glitter&Gold - correct, 1000 points+gift

Why was December 25th chosen as Christmas Day?

Team Gay-Day - correct, 1000 points+gift

On Christmas Eve, what American government agency tracks Santa's sleigh?

Team DOPE ASF ver. 3.0 - correct, 1000 points+gift

How many candles are on a Hanukkah Menorah (candelabra)?

Team LaKe - Incorrect -500 points. The right answer was SPRING.

The original name of the dish which Christmas pudding was based on was called

Team Warmchoco - correct, 1000 points+gift

On which instrument were the first Christmas caroles played?

Team i.Leo2 - correct, 1000 points+gift

What Roman holiday held from December 17th to the 23rd had a large influence on how Christmas was celebrated?

Team Gaea -correct, 1000 points+500 extra points

What entrepreneur was the first person to dress up as Santa in his department store and started the tradition of department store / mall Santas?

Team i.Leo2

What Roman holiday held from December 17th to the 23rd had a large influence on how Christmas was celebrated?

ANS: It’s Saturnalia and it was one of the most popular holidays in the Roman calendar. It involved lots of feasts, drinking & merry making.

Team Gaea

What entrepreneur was the first person to dress up as Santa in his department store and started the tradition of department store / mall Santas?

James Edgar. He started the tradition when he dressed up as Santa in Brockton, Massachusetts department store in 1890 -Team Gaea

Christmas is celebrated on 25th December to honour the birth of Jesus. But the actual date of his birth was unclear. 25th was chosen as the date to coincide with existing pagan festivals honoring Saturn (the Roman god of agriculture) and Mithra (the Persian god of light) which according to pagan traditions as sacred. That way, it became easier to convince Rome’s pagan subjects to accept Christianity as the empire’s official religion.

- team glitter & gold

(i tried my best captain huhu)

NORAD - (North American Aerospace Defense Command) reports a single sleigh heading to America from the North Pole. Whether or not the reports are real, the children believe it. All information can be found in the "All About Santa", "Believe In Santa Claus", "The True Story of SinterKlaas", and the "Christmas History", websites.

- team GAY-DAY

Announcement:

Team 7: Gaea has lost one of its members so, the current team will be from now on:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Round 6 of Mikazuki || Winter School 2018

Team Glitter&Gold - correct, 1000 points

How were the writer of the story Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the writer of the song Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer related?

Team Gay-Day - correct, 1000 points

What animal parts were the first artificial Christmas trees made from?

Team DOPE ASF ver. 3.0 - Incorrect -500 points. The right answer was 9 (

)

The man who voiced the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas! was most famous for playing what popular Hollywood monster?

Team LaKe - correct, 1000 points+gift

What Southeast Asian country boasts the longest holiday season starting with decorations and carols as early as September and celebrations that last sometimes until late January?

Team Warmchoco - Incorrect -500 points. The right answer was GUITAR or ORGAN

In which author's novel is it "always winter but never Christmas":

Team i.Leo2 - correct, 1000 points

Which author made the remark "I gave them for Dinner a Piece of rost Beef and plumb Puddings – and after dinner half a Pint of strong Beer apiece. ":

Team Gaea -correct, 1000 points+gift

Who wrote the poem, "The Cultivation of Christmas Trees"

Hi,

you give us/team WarmChoco the exact same question. And can you give me the source for the answer (Guitar/Organ) just for fulfilling our thirst. Because our hair turn white yesterday looking for answer.

:No!:

Question fixed, sorry >_

And sure. I found some answer

and
. I tried to check yours but honestly, I couldn't find anything about violins >_

-Team Glitter&Gold -

How were the writer of the story Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the writer of the song Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer related?

They were brothers-in-law.

Robert L. May created the character Rudolph as an assignment for Montgomery Ward. His brother-in-law Johnny Marks decided to adapt the story of Rudolph into a song.

Team i.leo2

Which author made the remark "I gave them for Dinner a Piece of rost Beef and plumb Puddings – and after dinner half a Pint of strong Beer apiece."

Ans: James Woodforde

; We are not sure which christmas carol u are referring to >http://www.answers.com/Q/On_what_instrument_was_the_first_christmas_caroles_played