Yuri On Ice Rewatch

auser

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Yep it is. The first prototype is a lot worse than this ^^; The one that they released is like 30 percent smaller.

I don't feel like Yuri and Yuzuru have anything in common at all tho' beside they both are Japanese male figure skater. Yuri's personalities are more like Mao Asada. The way pressure get in to them and cannot perform like themselves..even Poodle. Mao had Poodle and her poodle was very well known. For Yulia and Plushenko. I totally agreed. Yurio and Yulia are even have same outfits lol

I just done catching up with all the requests, so I probably gonna watch it tonight

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auser

• fan_yaoi

• littlespiral

• Racheal

Yaya! such an awesome review

!!

and yep yep yep yep Yurio is really misunderstood!!!! I'm sure all of this was just to help Yuuri.. even if he would never never admit it (or even realize it xD) himself! I'm sure of that!:D Absolutely, absolutely precious!

Reading your thoughts really makes me want to go and finally watch the first episode xD Ahaha, I am doing it tonight for sure!!

P.S. it's concerning that I don't remember who Yuuko is.. T_T must. rewatch. now!

honest to god, Yurio is my all! xD Ok, ok, ok, people don't hate on me, Viktor & Yuri are cute & now, but I was always team Yurio all the way!:D So yep, thank you for accepting me to the club.. it's an honour^^ #teamIceTiger #teamYurio #teamYurochka

MAJOR SPOILERS

I couldn't believe it when he won.. I was so afraid it would be Yuri as the main character.. but then Yurio did & the world was right once again.. Ah, so good

oh by the way, do you ship him with Otabek? Thanks to

I've learnt today that it's apparently called "Otayuri":D and yep, that's all I've been doing lately - just reading about them..

oh and

since you opened the new world for me last month, I have only read Otabek/Yurio fanfiction, not Viktor/Yuri because that's basically canon, you're right::D so that's what I meant when I said I read a lot of YOI:D

and thank you for being my perfect AOW expert & Eruri expert.. I''m still debating if it's worth it to start Egoist only to get my heart broken while waiting, but i think i will & message you right away

you're working too hard for us.. but I haven't watched it myself yet either.. :D so let's try tonight?:D

by the way, guys, you all casually mentioning all of these iceskaters are making me feel inadequate.. I need to do my research!:D

oh, I was only referring to my tumblr experience as most of the people I follow suggest similarities between Yuzuru and Yurii. I am not that sure but I have to put this link here :) I haven't find a time to see Mao's performance, but I'll look into that.

Even Otabek/Yurio feels canonish to me, plus after Eruri I think I became to love old men yaoi xD

I agreed, the anime creators included little pieces from each famous, especislly Japanese, figure skaters in Yuuri. You can grasp a glimpse of scenes from Nobunari Oda, Takahashi Daisuke, and also Yuzuru Hanyu . I can see struggling and similarity of personalities of Yuuri and other figure skaters, but Yuzuru is the least one. Yuuri's personalities is seriously similar to Maochan. I did not say this because I like Mao. I mean both are athletes with high potentials, but their nerve and pressure always get in to their way. They both soft outside, but very stubborn inside. Also never once bad thing or negative thing about other come out from them, also their love for poodle !!.

I am really in to single figure skating. I can say it is only sport I watch. I used to follow Mao around the world >

BTW, I have Yuzuru's autograph too :D

I'm just hoping I won't catch your decease, my friend:D after all the Erwin stuff I read recently:D:D but I have too many teen ships to let go of.. although it IS getting creepy to keep reading about highschool sex xD

wow you're a superfan!!! Are those papers from all the performances you went to?? oh wow! And you followed her around the world?

I think it's so amazing to have such a passion about something! It must have been difficult when you heard about the retirement (that's what you said during the Winter photo contest, right?)

I tried to watch a few videos yesterday just to get introduced a little bit to a "non-anime iceskating" xD I was probably watching all the wrong things, of course, but wow, those people are talented!

these are all I have at my house right now. I have a whole lot at my parents house in Japan and in Thailand. I practically follow Mao since she was 16. All GF series and WC and Olympic. I still owe you the links >

ahah

, take your time:D There is never any rush!

but yay, I'm looking forward to it:D:D I would love to learn a bit more about ice skating:D

It's amazing.. you are her truly loyal fan! I assume you have many many many autographs & pictures with her? From what little I've seen, she seems like such a nice & kind person:D

yet, I love her so much and I do have many of her autographs, but most are from the old days, when she wasn't so famous, but I can't post it on internet since All the autographs I have are on polaroid photos and there is me in the photos too ^^;

ah ok

:D well those are the best kind of photographs, with your own picture:D but how did you come to like her in the first place? when she was 16 & not as famous?

Hahaha well it was fun, but i will wait saying my opinion untill it is the last day on the schedual ^^ perhaps there is some one else who hasent seen it yet :p

but i liked it, so far so good

oh no oh no that's so cruel

!!!

ahah i want to know more:D What did you think of Viktor? or Yurio? or Yuri? aaah!! ok, i get it, I'll wait, but it's so exciting because you haven't seen the show before xD so all of your impressions are very fresh, innocent & naive..^^

and you know what - this was actually the very first anime I ever watched, and it was all because of Dan.. he recommended it in one of his videos as "homoerotic ice skating" xD I mean, the description is accurate, no?:D

After winter Olympic 2002 my favorite Yagudin retired due to injury. I kind like lost it. The very same year Mao landed 3Axel at age 12 and became talk of the town. I started to pay attention to her since , and because of her personality, her dedication, and her passion toward the sport. I don't know. It just adore her.. worship her so much that she became center of my life. I cried hard when she retired. I took sick days the whole week. I went back to Japan. Collected all newspaper, bought all magazines and recorded every single tv programs about her retirement. >

wow I haven't realized it caused you so many emotions.. it's amazing if something becomes so important to you, isn't it? It makes life much more exciting and interesting! I'm sorry to hear that you that this experience was so painful to you last year, but wow she sounds like someone truly special!:D

After your messaged I went to google Yagudin.. I mean, he is magical, wow! Have you seen him live?

[video=youtube_share;DY_n-MaQ9fc]

And I'm not going to post any of Mao's videos.. I will leave you this honour!:D

*knock knock* sorry I'm late

, got a ton to do at work.

Hmm I haven't watch YOI, I'm still a virgin in YOI, like

I'll watch it for the first time maybe on the weekend.

So is this week still for the 1st episode or 2nd?

wow I'm truly amazed of how much your dedication to Mao, sometimes I watch ice skaters on Youtube.

I love the graceful & the power of the axel moves. So many emotion & technique in those moves.

But I don't remember the full names, usually I remember the faces only XD I've watched Mao several times in those beautiful moves & Yuzuru Hanyu is cute, also Nathan Chen. Mostly I watch the asian athletes & maybe other that I don't remember the names.

And wow Racheal!! you have 2 rooms full of TREASURES!!! I'd love to see that ^^ and I can swim in your nyanko sensei plushies stash. Also you had many action figures & nendoroid still in the box, I kinda have the same feeling, I still got my Danboard in the box after several years purchased it. And some of Clamp chess pieces still in the hard plastic box.

I only have some action figures, coz I'm afraid to hoard them all if I start it XD

And the funds goes to artbooks & art supply.

My coworker also didn't know I read yaoi stuff, it'll be a disaster if they know, I'll get prejudiced & maybe alienated.

Yep maintain the professional face is important at work. Your hobby is your personal stress relief.

Racheal you have a great pair of parents!! They understand you & don't judge you.

While me myself maybe will get scolded & punished if they know I read yaoi stuff, they are 'old times person'.

I also read Candy Candy, Sailor Moon, & others. Collected many Clamp's comic & hunting for their original artbooks XD

I'll let you know my opinion of YOI later Mochi ^^ and are you sure to miss the cute nendoroid Yuri on Amazon at that link? Look at the friendly price, don't regret it later ~ evil whisper XD ~

Note : I'm in the sub team of course! and I wish to be in the raw team like Racheal ^^

ahah I'm so happy to see you here

!:D:D and yep, it's still week one, you made it perfectly:D:D:D Yes! I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts:D;D

very excited to see one more first-timer!:D:D:D

and yay, #teamsub is getting bigger!!:D

That's so sad how you &

both would have problems if the colleagues found about your hobbies! It shouldn't matter, should it? But it does T_T

I work in a much more relaxed atmosphere (also it's possible my position is not as impressive), but still I would also not tell my clients about my Yaoi obsession. People would claim you as a pervert right away. ok, maybe they would be right in my case, but it still doesn't make it ok :D

and how cruel of you

! I have just forgotten about the nendoroid.. and now..! ah, I guess I'm back to amazon to decide ;D

ok, it's decided, i need him in my life in one way or another!:D thank you & Racheal for feeding my weak will xD

the cute nendoroid Yuri is begging you to buy, remember the praying Yuri's pose at that nendoroid? XD

Nah, I'm not cruel to you Mochi, I'm just your friendly reminder :p

We all have the pervert side!! Maybe saints don't have it :9

I love Pixiv site, they pump me with new energy to practice my drawing & painting.

Luckily they have English version now. Easier to browse.

I used to register in Japanese format & browse through them, luckily I can read some of it.

Now I'm visiting Pixiv again to charge my energy XD

Where have you been

? I haven't seen you much lately, Suida too. TT TT Where is my Suida yoyo5. At this rate I probable need Another room soon. I think my parents feel guilty about moving me around all the time because of their business, so they let's me do what ever I want, and as I recall you did tell me that your country is very strict right? I think maybe culture is playing a big part too I guess. I did correct CLAMP 'art books too ^ ^ I still have them at my house in Thailand. I like Seishiro and Subaru sooooo much even now. I broke up with CLAMP when

Seishiro died

BTW; I do unbox all nyanko sensei and Mao tho', but I seriously don't have room for display all the YOI unless I use another guest bedroom which I don't want to >

Congratulation

for your first nendoriod!!! You made the right decition

Yep, that my fav Yagudin. You have to watch his SP too Mochi

yep I went missing almost 2 full weeks TT_TT coz some of my coworkers got sick & I had to replace them at the store.

So no touching comp or gadgets. And when I went home, got to do some kitchen assignment & tidy my cluttered room ^^

Yes, I miss Suida too ^^ hopefully all is fine.

Yep my country is very strict & hypocrite in the front, but they still got many nice & great people too. Facets of life....

My parents is a first generation of locally birth from a pair of newcomer. So many things happen.

I even heard some things from World War II from my grandma's experience told by my dad.

Aah.. I know that feeling, I also got shocked.

I still hope for the happy end with S & S, but the reality is cruel XD

OMG you need a 3rd room now for your treasure stash!!

I feel you, but mine is a small version of yours.

My bookshelf & cabinet is full and overload. I need to rearrange them to fit them all in my room.

Also got to tidy my things in the family's store room :p aaa.. so many to do....

Those nyankos are irresistible in the box, you have to get them out!! XD

Yep, congratz to

for the first nendoroid!

Now I'm curious of Yagudin, will search on him on the youtube later ^^

thank you

so much for letting me know such treasures exist & then finding one for me!! I owe you so much for the treasure that my baby Yurio will inevitable be!

& thank you

for the final push!!!:D

I should explore Pixiv a bit more.. any recommendations,

?:D

It sucks about your coworker.. now is your turn to take some time off then, no?:) you can do all that exiting organizing & tidying up:D:D (oh how I feel you - I'm looking at the stock of books that needs organizing right now. I didn't take a lot of stuff with myself when i moved, and yet again i have too much clutter xD)

And

ahah, i noticed you said "your first nendroid".. ahah you promised i won't get addicted!!:D:D:D:D

And Racheal, you might need to extend your house:D:D add one more room to fit YOI - such treasures should be appreciated properly:D:D

And Wait, what is SP for Yagudin (*went googling again*)

Yagudin and Plushenko were trained by the same coach at the same rink, but unlike Brian Oser dose with Yuzuru and Javier, Their coach Alexei Mishin made them became enemy. Plushenko always behind Yagudin, but suddenly, in 2000-2001 season, Yagudin lost all major compatitions to Plushenko, GPF, Europian C, World C, and he lost his way, and what you can do when your coach is your arch enemy's coach too, and the Olympic is right there. Then Tatiana Torasava picked him up. He doesn't even want to go to Olympic anymore at that point. I remember watching his interview. Tatiana asked him "Why not? even if you cannot get the gold, you still get silver. It's better than none" and she helped him so much. Get him to work with Athletes psychiatrist and everything and in short period of time he came back stronger than ever. He won all Major competitions that year including Olympic. Both his programs at 2002 winter Olympic are almost perfect. The lowest score he got is 5.9/6, and so many 6.0 came out across the board. I cry so hard that day. Score like that never happened before, and no one surpass him because after that they changed system from 6.0 to GOE. His new coach Tatiana Tarasava became Mao's coach too. It is like destiny to me. Both of my favorite figure skater were training under the same coach. I cannot talk about figure skating..I cannot stop lol

Ok, no more nendoriod, but how about this one ?

Yagudin's sp is "Winter"

wow

that is so interesting! thank you so much for us this!

But why would Alexei Mishin do this? He almost broke Yagudin by the sound of it!!

That's amazing that Tarasava saved him. and it's such a beautiful things that nobody will ever be able to surpass him now because of the score change!

Were you there at the Winter Olympic 2002?

It's truly tragic his career was cut short, really.

I think I found the video you were talking about:

[video=youtube_share;3UlVeNEBFKE]

it was MAGICAL! thank you^^

and please DO talk more about ice skating;) It's very interesting (and actually might be more exciting than the anime itself;)

P.S. is it wrong to say that Yagudin is not only talanted, but very handsome as well?:D

- - - Updated - - -

oh my god.. what is this?!!!! I. MUST. HAVE. IT!

so cute ahah:D such things should not be allowed!!!