Manga that Everybody likes but You?

auser

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
oldschool yaoi in general is very problematic - it's often to see when one of the partners (typically uke) is chased after & completely forgiven for all the faults (sweetly called tsundere, like it can excuse all the nasty behavior).. or how could we ever forget the naive/stupid uke, which doesn't understand his feelings until or after he is practically raped by the seme? Urg, I'm happy to see that most of new stuff that came out over the last two years seem to be more original/progressive in this regard:D

so you're definitely not alone!:D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auser

• voide

• KatieMH25!

• Minoriin3

There are quite a few out there!! Some are:

- Junjou Romantica: Misaki.

- Koisuru Boukun: Sensei.

- Okane ga Nai: Ayase.

- Super lovers: The plot, I guess. Idk, just don't like it.

- Super lovers: The plot, I guess. Idk, just don't like it.

&

Super lovers

Yes, yes, one hundred times YES! Mind you, I've only seen the first episode of the anime, but it has been enough.. oh my god, casual shota is so casual. Urg, it was disturbing, weird & again - why, of all the manga, this was the one to get turned into an anime?!

Also, don't get me wrong, I don't mind disturbing & weird stuff, but not when they're trying so hard to be normal & cute..

totally with you on Koisuru Boukun & Okane ga Nai.. But I have to ask, because I'm curious - why you don't like Misaki? Is it his stubbornness? His indecisiveness? How easily he dismissed Usagi's concerns & is proven wrong every single time? Oh wait, did I just answer my own question?:D Anyway, I still like him, but only because it was my second yaoi anime ever & I didn't know any better back then:D

thank you! I read and support a lot of disturbing works but it's under the very clear guidelines that it's disturbing. I despise manga and anime that try to sell their immoral story lines as some innocent guise. How can you try to dress up pedophilia as some romance manga?

Also, I'm on board with how you feel about Misaki lol. He's a hated character but I've always thought he was sweet. Then again, Junjou Romantica was also my first yaoi so I also didn't know any better lol. I thought he was the most normal and reasonable one in the entire show honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

I love your signature btw!

- - - Updated - - -

why you don't like Misaki? Is it his stubbornness? His indecisiveness? How easily he dismissed Usagi's concerns & is proven wrong every single time? Oh wait, did I just answer my own question?:D Anyway, I still like him, but only because it was my second yaoi anime ever & I didn't know any better back then:D

Mochi, do you read minds? haha just kiding. I guess it's because of all of that, but... how do I explain this? He's exactly the type of person who knows how to get on my nerves (?

For example, He has a question, then gets the answer, and the next day he has the same question AGAIN and looks for the answer he already had before and this keeps going... it's a never ending cycle...

But don't get me wrong, it was also my first yaoi manga XD. That's why I keep reading it. Hoping one day he will stop asking the same questions and will get new ones.

New questions are good, we all love new questions XD.

thank you! I read and support a lot of disturbing works but it's under the very clear guidelines that it's disturbing. I despise manga and anime that try to sell their immoral story lines as some innocent guise. How can you try to dress up pedophilia as some romance manga?

yes, yes, YES AGAIN! thank you! That's what I've been telling everyone for years - I enjoy dark & twisted stuff exactly because they're messed up & f*cked up and are not ashamed of that!! the moment they try to romanticize stuff like this, THAT'S when I get disturbed.. so I'm happy I'm not the only one.. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

oh

yep, yep, yep, that's incredibly annoying.. Honestly, if you're still reading, you're my hero! I tried it a few times, but I just couldn't. The anime is fun, but the manga.. there is simple so much better stuff there.. but hey, if there ever will be new questions - do let me know xD I've gotta see that.

Again - I don't understand how so many great mangas get dropped, and then JR stays alive for years without ever providing anything fun or original.

Ok, now I'm just hating xD

• 3 weeks later...
for me it's killing stalking. it's too twisted for my twisted mind. and it's a dangerous territory for me. true story. maybe other people can't get me bc well it's just a story but still.. and that's why i try to avoid such story line as much as i can.

No Killing Stalking for me too,

Too casual to be bloody? Blood>>danger, suspense, fear, but not in this story. Not enough psycho also. Not pretty.

hello, buddy! long time no 'see'? :D heck yes! welcome to the club i guess? hehe

hehehehe

bonding moment number ..?

• 1 month later...

I personally cannot stand Junjou Romantica. I just am not a big fan of the whole lolicon thing and am more interested in couples that have adult-like bodies. I mean I'm not a complete bara fan but some are good. I just don't get the whole lovey-dovey thing and why this was such a hit. The storyline itself is just off putting since I prefer mature serious stories. If you guys like serious and dramatic stories with a touch of sweetness and mature content you have to check out this manga called gift by ichinose yume. It's a sports yaoi manga but still highly entertaining in my opinion. My newest favourite.