Manga that Everybody likes but You?

auser

Good one

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
lol

Speaking of mangaka that I don't like, another one would be Scarlet Beriko. I don't like the art style and the one story I did read of hers was really disappointing for me :(

What about with you guys?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auser

• voide

• KatieMH25!

• Minoriin3

too soon, mate, too soon...

you made me do some googling:D I'm always impressed by those of you who remember all the names of mangakas or even the names of manga... I can't remember the names even of my favorite manga, let alone mangaka:D

What have you read by Scarlet Beriko? Because holy crap, how much I love Jackass:D I found it to be soo good, which I completely didn't expect, because the first time I tried reading it, I dropped it in the middle of the first chapter xD But after giving it a second try, it grew on me:D If it's not the one you've read, I suggest you give Jackass a try as well, maybe you will enjoy it as well:D

But then again - I like her art, so I understand it might be easier for me to enjoy the story:)

I don't really have a mangaka that I really don't like or more like I don't remember if I do:D But there are some art styles I really can't enjoy... I mean, if the plot is good I will ignore it, but you know those old styles with white backgrounds and very little details? Well I don't like those xD

Yeah I've read Jackass. I guess it was good but the art style just isn't for me lol oh the manga I read of theirs was Yondaime Ooyamato Tatsuyuki Manga. I liked the first chapter until I found out what character the seme-uke were like and that put me off reading it :(

oh you're not alone, I dislike Yondaime Ooyamato Tatsuyuki as well! Well, less dislike, more like not my kind of thing:D Even If I (occasionally) like a manly uke/unexpected uke trope, here it was just mostly about smut.. Don't get me wrong, I can read and enjoy smut-oriented manga, but than the art must be really good and the smut must be really hot:D At least that's what I remember of the manga, but I could be completely wrong - I forget 80 per cent of yaoi I read:D (a defense mechanism:D)

I'm curious what would be your perfect/favorite mangaka when it comes to art?

Hi guys!

I was going put down One piece and Cased Closed yet this is about yaoi, not that I mind!

Now Imma have to put down... generally girly ukes as some of you mentioned 'Okane ga nai' and others that I might have forgotten. I'm more into ikemen on both sides such as Puchitto Hajiketa and I more down with dark-haired ukes...dunno why:Cool:

I have the same preference as you so I understand what you mean!! (Ps I never liked reading or watched the animes of one piece ect either. I don't understand why they were so popular lol)

Its good to see someone else posting in this thread! Lol

Well I like Smut too but I didn't like to read Yondaime Ooyamato :(

My favourite mangaka art style? Minase Masara, Fujisaki Kou, Fuwa Shinri, Sadahiro Mikado, Fujikawa Ruri and Nishimura Shuuko are just a few of my favourite mangaka artists and I love all their yaoi love stories and smut art styles lol

Who are your favourite ones?

I love Puchitto Hajiketa:D And yep, ukemen are the best, no? Well, I meant ikemen, but I think I like ukemen as well xD

it's really interesting how everyone is so different.. I've read manga by each of your favorite mangaka ( except for Sadahiro Mikado, I couldn't even find her) but never thought much about the artstyle.. I did some googling, and yep, they're awesome^^ It (especially Fujisaki Kou) is what I would consider an old-fashioned yaoi style (I'm definitely completely wrong on this, but that's what I'm used to seeing when I'm reading slightly older yaoi)

It's hard for me to separate art from the story, so my favorite mangaka will be my favorite artists as well:D I love Chise Ogawa's art style.. Honestly, I want my life to be drawn by her - long slender figures, long hair, big eyes, long fingers and that cool composure.. Nothing will ever beat it for me!:) There are a few others that I enjoy but none as much as her:D The author of Escape Journey for her love of piercing (my ears are pierced, so I always love to read her stories), the author of Rouge (girly girly ukes but I still love it), and the author of Bokura No Mitsudomoe Sensou for the art that makes me laugh! (along with the author of Knocked up boys for the cutest art out there:D) (And yep, I'm horrible at remembering the authors' names)

Interesting choice of mangakas! Not sure if you're down for HARADA!!!!

Their style is unique and packed with stories that fuck you up before you realize what they're trying to portray. I'm always down for her stories...dunno if you or anyone else is...

I love Harada! It's not always pleasant, but definitely a memorable experience.. So nope, you're not alone^^

Well... let me extend the circle of people posting on here... let me say that this is a interesting thread... and it is nice to see how you feel about certain manga, art style and so on... some opinions I really don’t understand because I love them so much but here is mine... and I know a lot will disagree with me... might even want to kill me for what I say but for me it is...

YURI ON ICE!

It’s not that a hate it.... but it really, seriously don’t get the hype... after all this time... even readin dj... I just don’t get it. I know why it is so popluar, and it deserves the good credits for some aspects... but I just can’t get warm with it. Not to this extent of saying I love it and it belongs to my all time favorites...

I can’t even tell what I don’t like... maybe I just expected way to much and didn’t see what I hoped for.

hey I kind of get it:D I think it's because there is so so little yaoi anime out there, most of us are happy with what we get.. and compared to most, yuri on ice has an actual plot. There is a reason it's a lot of people's first yaoi anime -

because it's so accessible, because it hides under pretense of a "sports anime".. I think if some of the good yaoi/shounen ai manga out there got animated than Yuri on Ice would be much much less special.. but for now there is really not that much to even compare it too. you know what I mean? I mean, what good yaoi anime is out there? I enjoyed many the first time, but I honestly can't imagine rewatching most of the stuff which is out there)

I personally love love love the awesome tsundere Yurio, but really don't care about the main couple:D

I'm curious - which manga out here that we trashed you actually like? It's better to have two sides of the argument:)

I get you as you get other ppl's choice! For me, it was a so-so. Not what I was expecting yet not turned away by it at all!

I mean it's okay and just like you... I don't even get the hype...like oh-kay:|

Imma go off topic here...but anyone like Hannibal TV series?

I know it's not really what we're not meant to talk about but I kinda want to know!:Wink:

• 5 weeks later...

I have found another series that I don't like as much as everyone else: it's the werecat Kuroneko Kareshino Arukikata series by Sakyou Aya. The concept is interesting and there's lots of sex too but I just think that there's too many sequels and spinoffs, it's really overrated. I think there should have been one extra series from the original and that would be enough :(

*look at the title* yeah, me too katie. me too. (even though i have no idea what manga is this & it has 'were' in it. so no)

oh me too me too me too!! I can't understand this one - I've started so many times because it's so popular, but never went too far in.. dare i say it - too smutty? but so many people like it that I feeel I probably started with the wrong manga or something or I don't understand it..

well the main story plot is about two male guys who can turn into (shapeshift) into different cats and both guys are hot with their cat forms being cute but I still can't get into it. I do like one of the spinoffs though (about a high school boy who turns into a cat every time he gets spooked by a dog so his high school doctor tries to help him out but it all turns smutty but it's better I think than the original couple lol) but I still don't know why it's so popular...

Yeah I agree with

it's too smutty!! :(

i thought you guys are into smutty stuff no? :p

thanks for the summary, katie. that was lovely. but let me peek on few pages first

yep, but I like some angst before my smut.. if I don't really care about the characters, it's hard for me to care about the smut:D and this one just got too much. omg, voide, am I not as perverted as I thought? O_o

oh I've read this one!! I haven't realized it was from the same series, because it was very lovely!:) I really enjoyed!:D

you seems like you care the title 'perverted'. *refers to your username* i'll give it to you, mochi: Queen of Perverts :D

.. *blushing* i've never been more honoured in my life!!.. my life has not been wasted, then. *off to record it in my diary*

P.S. that's why I'm trying to change my username. I want people to be surprised when they figure out what kind of human trash I actually am xD

Yeah I think the same way about Smut - if I don't enjoy the plot or anything I can't get into the Smut either :( And you're not trash, O'Mochii - Queen of Perverts! Lol you do have some standards and human trash have none at all!

yeah the summary I gave was for a spinoff, not the actual series I don't really like. I'm not sure if you guys are aware but Kuroneko Kareshino Arukikata is the newest volume that I personally think shouldn't exist lol

The series starts like this:-

Nekoka Danshi no Shitsukekata

Kuroneko Kareshi no Asobikata

Kuroneko Kareshi no Amaekata

Kuroneko Kareshi no Nakasekata

Kuroneko Kareshi no Aishikata

Fukigen Kareshi no Nadamekata

Kuroneko Kareshi no Afurekata

Kuroneko Kareshino Arukikata

But the spinoff I enjoyed reading is called Nekoka Kareshi no Ayashikata. However do you guys perhaps see now that's there's too many sequels in this series?? I don't get why the author thought it was a good idea to keep dragging out the main couples love drama - it's not that good!! :(

I will try Nekoka Danshi no Shitsukekata.. not sure if it's the one I started with, so maybe that was the reason for my confusion & dislike of the series:D I will check it out & let you know what I think.. thank you,

P.S. I might get used to the new title xD but still, Katie, even if I have standards, they're pretty low xD

Honestly, I was never a fan of Koisuru Boukun (The Tyrant Falls in Love). It just felt manipulative from beginning to end. It also seems to romanticize both taking advantage of someone (and then throwing blame on the victim) and abusive relationships.

I do understand why it's popular...to an extent...but I just personally dislike it...with great intensity...

Oh

I honestly couldn't agree more!! I wanted to cry with frustration while reading this one.. I mean the treatment of the seme was horrible? Urg.. and the story just keeps spinning around in circle, never really developing & progressing.. Urg, I'm annoyed just remembering it:D I definitely agree:D Can't believe, it has an OVA, while some other magical & beautiful stuff don't.. T_T

sorry, now I sound very mean & bitter.. don't hate me, Koisuru Boukun's fans...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

The relationship in Koisuru Boukun is just so unhealthy (and presented like it's perfectly normal)

...I sigh (heavily) anytime I think about it and the fact that it was a lot of people's introduction to yaoi.