Manga that Everybody likes but You?

auser

What are some of the manga that everyone around you seems to like but you don't? And Why?

For me, that was the case with Hidoku Shinaide.. I never got over how they started out with the whole rape and blackmailing thing. Hey, I don't mind stories involving rape, if it's meant to be sick and twisted or if simply the manga is a bit more self-aware.. But the fact that here it was never really addressed and the whole relationship was portrayed as extremely loving and romantic just seemed off to me. I always kept thinking what if Maya did to some other guy? the one who wasn't gay or simply didn't get aroused from being sexually assaulted? That just turns Maya into one pretty creepy guy:) And again - I love love love creepy semes, but here he was meant to be romantic.

I just don't understand the hype:) What about you? Which manga made you question your own taste?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auser

• voide

• KatieMH25!

• fun

Top Posters In This Topic

for me it's killing stalking. it's too twisted for my twisted mind. and it's a dangerous territory for me. true story. maybe other people can't get me bc well it's just a story but still.. and that's why i try to avoid such story line as much as i can.

i can understand the reason why you can't with hidoku shinaide. it feels like stockholm syndrome to me. but yeah that's another thing. i started checked out hidoku when it got hyped. after reading the early part & i jumped a few chapters ahead, i thought 'dang, this is actually a romance story..'

but man, i'm not judging here. you do you. i do mine :)

thanks for sharing your thoughts!

for me it's killing stalking. it's too twisted for my twisted mind. and it's a dangerous territory for me. true story. maybe other people can't get me bc well it's just a story but still.. and that's why i try to avoid such story line as much as i can.

i can understand the reason why you can't with hidoku shinaide. it feels like stockholm syndrome to me. but yeah that's another thing. i started checked out hidoku when it got hyped. after reading the early part & i jumped a few chapters ahead, i thought 'dang, this is actually a romance story..'

but man, i'm not judging here. you do you. i do mine :)

thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I get it with Killing Stalking... I had to start it 3 times to actually get into the story and even now it's still not one of my favorites. But I also think that the art is very disturbing.. I mean, if Chise Ogawa has drawn it, I'm pretty sure this manga would be much higher on my list of the favorites..

I'm curious what do you think of Warehouse? I love this one, but some of the ideas are pretty similar - the confinement, crazy obsessions (granted, here they are reversed)..

And yep, no judgment here.^^ We're all sinners.^^

for me it's viewfinder and okane ga nai, i read some of the chapters and decided to dropped it. the story is too dramatic and i dont really like how the characters are shown. the uke in okane ga nai is too weak i just cant lmao. although if someone can convince me to read it again, maybe i'm gonna read it. but for now its out of my reading list.

in case of killing stalking, i'm fine reading it, maybe because i've seen worse and more gruesome than that. but i understand that some people have a hard time reading it. especially because it is in color not like in manga which is black and white

warehouse is good, the story is good, and its hard to guess what the ending is. i like how the author chose to draw it mostly in black and white, because i think it makes the suspense in the story more impactful :)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I would never try to convince someone to read Okane ga nai because I dislike it for exactly the same reasons as you:D

And which manga is more gruesome than Killing Stalking? Share please I'm always in the mood for more disturbing stuff xD

warehouse? after reading a synopsis of it, no i don't think i'll read it. i'm not brave enough to read all these manga like you guys. man, different ppl different taste, i'm totally okay of that. but me, mostly i want all rainbow & happy stuff haha :)

ps: editing a few stuff out. if you've already read it that's okay. i just don't wanna offend other ppl that's all. bc i very much hate confrontation & stuff. read: weak haha..

I don't like omega verse... really. For me those kind of stories are weird and i don't like the atmosphere most of them are showing. i don't know if you get me or not but oh well.

I don't think you will offend anyone here, you have the right to like or dislike something! Especially in a thread about disliking stuff:)

I actually love when people criticize my favorite manga/books/tv shows and I'm almost never read positive review - this I know already, it's the negative ones that are interesting.. But maybe I'm weird xD

And damn, now I'm really curious what you edited out! I almost want to ask you to pm me and tell me xD I hope it's very offensive and controversial:D

I really don't think you're alone in it, a lot of people tend to dislike it! I avoided it completely during my first months, thinking I would never stood that low as to read such stuff. But then I did.:) I'm with
- what do you like? I need to heal my soul with something good:D

agree w you about negative or any review w usually less than 3 stars rating on GR. they actually helps me a lot. bc they tend to point out something that majority didn't realized or simply wanna ignore it. and for me sometimes i'll try the book & sometimes i'll kiv the book, just to find the right mind set to start reading haha... don't worry you're not weird or maybe we're the same; weirdos ;D

ah nothing controversial. but i think i might unconsciously hurting ppl if i wrote that out :)

You guys are awesome, having your own private conversation and stuff here!! If you don't mind I'm going to butt in, ahem.

For me the manga I couldn't get into that everyone seems to like is Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai I like a few manga by this artist but I couldn't get into the story and art of this one, it was too much of a thriller and whatnot. Also too long winded and not enough of anything like action, comedy, romance or even smutty sex to keep me entertained. I have to say I like romance manga, shoujo or yaoi or even smutty ones lol but this manga didn't appeal to me at all

wait..wait a minute.. that's one of my fave! dang. finally i found someone who didn't like it haha.. now, i'm curious of what manga on your top 5 fave list. but wait, this is not the right thread. so we probably should take this discussion somewhere else. but thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Weirdos unite? xD

I feel you:D You're not alone at all - I started this manga three times to finally get into it only to drop it halfway through - it was too plot-heavy, with too many names and complicated politics.:) I still hope to finish it one day... I still don't know if the two main characters ever *did* it..
would you kindly provide me with a spoiler?:D

haha.. heck yeah, weirdos unite :D

oh, you wonder? you wanna spoiler? of course. i'll give you just that...

1.jpg

1.jpg

i hope that answer your curiosity :D

Crap! Now I HAVE to read it again:((((( Aaah it's too hot for me to ignore:D You enjoyed searching for this picture, hah?

...you know what - I will give it a shot a forth time, and when I will get lost (and I will!) in all the names and intrigues and yakuza dealings, I will message you, ok?:D

pal, i know the right mangacaps to lure you back in :D sure, you do that. my inbox is always open (unless it's full haha) i'll be gladly to help you as best as i can ;)

so you planned it, huh?.. what can I say - nicely played!:D

and thank you:) I'm pretty sure I will message you a lot while reading^^ My attention span is too short to read such manga.. I had the same problem with Acid Town, but this one I finished though:)

for some reason, i haven't read acid town yet. actually it's the same w saezuru. it's just recently i started reading the manga even though i've seen ppl keep talking about it everywhere. i think it's time for me to start reading acid town.. :D

sure2.. just stop by anytime :)

You're lucky to only discover it now! I'm so happy when I can still find something good - by now I've tried most of the popular yaoi manga, and it's getting harder and harder to find something good to read. I mean there are new stuff getting translated every day, of course, but most of the true masterpieces are already read and enjoyed..:'(

Be warned though, it's not the lightest of reads, I recall quite a few dark and disturbing moments. Have you read Sora o Daite Oyasumi by the same mangaka? That is my all time absolute favorite manga ever.:D

yeah, i think i read that. wow, i already forgot half of yaoi manga i've read uh..

disturbing stuff? is there rape somewhere in there? if yes, then i shall take my leave now haha..

There is a lot of rape, abuse, violence and I think some child molestation/child prostitution as well, if I remember correctly. Then again, I'm ok with this manga because at no point is any of this sh*t romanticized, it's disturbing and messed up, never romantic or hot.

But yeah, not for everyone.

It wasn't difficult for you to read Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai? I thought it was quite dark as well

Yeah you understand what I was thinking when I typed my comment! So glad someone else thought the same thing! Well if you two are weirdos then I am one too! Lol

I don't mind listing them as you say the top 5 and I bet my favourites won't be yours and you might not even like them, which is the purpose of this thread right? To comment on different tastes lol what are your top 5 favourites? Actually that could be one too many so let's say top 3!

Mine are: 1. Totally Captivated,2.Go Con - Gokujou Rakuen Tours, 3. Hell & Heaven.... For a seriously twisted manga that I happen to like though (you might like it too, KinkyMochi) is Undergrand Hotel by Sadahiro Mika . She started to do a spin off series to it but it's been dropped I think :(

For all other yaoi manga I've read, please see my manga list on myanimelist.net lol

Should we rename this thread into Weirdos Anonymous? xD

I actually had to google Go Con - Gokujou Rakuen Tours because I've never heard of this one before.. It's always cool when a seemingly underrated manga makes somebody's top 3 list:) I will give it a try for sure:) And I do like Underground hotel, you're right heh:D

Yeah we could do!

lol

Its actually a really good manga and I like the mangaka artist too! It's only one volume and a bit silly in places but the teasing comments and situations are too cute and entertaining (plus a bit of smutty too lol)

Oh, BTW, I've also read Acid Town. I really want the teenage boy to get with the older yakuza guy who seems to know his parents but Idk, it didn't scream yaoi to me. More like he went through a lot of abuse at the hands of his stepfather and then his best friend came onto him (poor MC) So by yaoi I think I mean I wanna see him in a sexual relationship with the older guy and living with him and stuff lol

The story is still on-going, and something tells me it's still a loong way till we see any happiness for the mc.. Well, for all of the main characters.. I do think it is supposed to end the way you want it to, the childhood friend never had a chance:D But also I've been burnt with this author before - I will never never never get over the fact that Sora wo Daite Oyasumi was dropped.. Just WHY? HOW? WHY?! :'( But hopefully she will actually finish Acid Town..

I added your manga on to-read list:) I doesn't have the highest rating, so that's why I'm so happy it's on someone's favorites list.. It means that one day, when I least expect it, while reading an averagely rated manga, I might discover one of my favorites..:) Do you follow the logic?:D