Manga that Everybody likes but You?

auser

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
oh, nu uh. that's too much for me to handle. i might get nightmares if i read it. true story. thanks for the heads up tho! no..saezuru doesn't have rape in it (as far as i remember). yeah, it has some dark shit but mostly it's only violence there. that i could handle. now. we're sure weirdos here haha i can totally see that now :D

i also agree w you about finding out others fave manga which we rarely heard about. it feels like finding a gem. it's exciting!

i know totally captivated but haven't read it before. the other 2 i never heard about it before (sorry) but i'll check out that later & see if i can read them. heey, i know underground hotel too. i've read it i think :D

ps: may i know who's mangaka for heaven & hell? or it's a manwha? thanks!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auser

• voide

• KatieMH25!

• fun

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I do! I'm actually re-reading it now - coz I'm bored and nothing else to do but mostly to confirm that I really do like it lol

Actually, can we also say if we don't like a particular artist? For me that would be Madarame Hiro. I really don't like any of her stories and her art style isn't too clear for me to enjoy. The character faces look too weird and then there's not enough background detail like I've come to expect with other manga.... I seriously don't like it lol

Oh! That seems like good news about who the teen MC will end up with lol I hope she finishes Acid Town too!!

If you want - I have a lot of underrated manga that I've read that I really enjoyed reading - I'll message you a list of them for you to take a look at? O.o

What do you mean you haven't read Totally Captivated manga?? Technically it's a manwha but it acts like a manga lol) It's like 50 chapters long but it's soo funny and cute in places and dark in others (lots of violence coz it's to do with the yakuza/loan sharks but the MC MOOKYUL swears "he's a legitimate businessman" lol) I highly recommend that you read it!! :)

The artist for Hell & Heaven is Fuwa Shinri and I absolutely love all their manga, they are soo good! And I do believe one of them got turned into a Sexy OVA - Yebisu Celebrities? Lol I only chose Hell & Heaven coz it represents all of them ^^

Anyways you can read it here if you want

Hope you both enjoy all the manga I've mentioned then lol ^^

Yess! That's exactly how I feel! We should talk underrated manga next:D (I'm legit considering starting a thread with this name, because the goodies that might get discovered there.. *Anticipation*)

And Totally Captivated is soo good:) That's my first yaoi and my first 10/10 right off the bat:) It has a tiny tiny tiny bit of dub con, but mostly it is just good old fun, so you're pretty safe there:)

I had to go back and see if I've read anything by Madarame Hiro. I've read, quite a few, but nothing made a lasting impression. I took a look at the art too, I can see what you mean.. I've never noticed it, but the first random chapter I opened of the first random manga I picked had so many panels with really weird facial expressions.. I mean, I would probably still read it and heck, I read and liked much worse, but I can certainly see it!

And please please please send me a list! Such advice is precious!:D

i already do some research on totally captivated haha so you're right i'm pretty safe there. so it's a matter of time for me to finally read it. this is same like saezuru.. i'll read it when almost everyone has read it lol

seconded that thread. do it :D

i might find some stuff that i like there too

Glad you understand me lol! Well if you're going to start a new thread about underrated manga/manwha we've read, I might as well list them - I think 10 ought to be enough though I've read over 600 mangas - in that thread instead of messaging you? Or would you like me to do both?

I edited my previous comment to tell you who the artist was - not sure if you saw it yet lol

AAaa you must tell me what you think about totally captivated!!! I really want to hear how much you love it and how it's your new absolute favorite manga ever xD

You can send me an extended version xD I'm only half-joking, but I would really like to see your list^^

AAaa you must tell me what you think about totally captivated!!! I really want to hear how much you love it and how it's your new absolute favorite manga ever xD

You can send me an extended version xD I'm only half-joking, but I would really like to see your list^^

i will pal. i will :D

thanks for all the recommendations..

I can't keep my cool tonight xD enjoy your reading!! Although all of my recommendations were on a darker side, but I will think about the milder ones too^^

And my bad, it's really not what this thread is supposed to be about xD

haha darker side is okay. my kind of dark side excluded rape. if you added kidnapping in it, that's a nightmare to me. but i can handle violence or dubcon most of the time.. i remember i've read moritat & i liked it very much :D

haha darker side is okay. my kind of dark side excluded rape. if you added kidnapping in it, that's a nightmare to me. but i can handle violence or dubcon most of the time.. i remember i've read moritat & i liked it very much :D

Oh I loved Moritat too! Ok, I will keep your tastes in mind next time we talk about manga:) And how do you feel about incest? (This is probably the only forum on the internet where this question is appropriate and makes sense:D)

well i read incest when i'm too bored & don't know what to do. it's not my thing either but this one didn't give me nightmares. ya know tv show supernatural? ya know sam & dean? yeah, i read fanfics about them ;D

not my thing but it didn't bother me as much as the other two i mentioned before.

I think it can be safely said that it's much better in life if incest is not your thing :D :D

I love Supernatural!! (At least I did until it became the mess that it is xD do you still watch it? Is it better now than it was three years ago?) But I'm more of a Dastiel fan (is that how it's called?) than the actual D on S:) are the fanfics any good?

I've actually read somewhere (maybe on wiki?) that the actual omegaverse trend started at the Supernatural fandom and only then became popular in Japan.. Not sure if it's true, but I could easily imagine it happening:)

yeah maybe you're right. incest in real life for me is not okay. when the idea brought into story i feel weird at first. but then my mindset change when i started read them for the first time. because i know it's not real & somehow it's okay. i stopped somewhere in s6 or s7. i lost interest lol also did you watched game of thrones? it got a few incest storyline in it too right? okay now i'm off topic uuh..

hah I actually had a phase when all I was reading were incest manga.. I needed some taboo, and at that point it was the only thing in yaoi that I wasn't exposed to yet (except for shota, but I could never read that. No judgment, but i'm totally judging:) ..

It's pretty easy for me to detach and treat yaoi as fictional stories, so I never really though what my stands on incest are in real life. I mean it's pretty disturbing and creepy to me, but also none of my business if it's consensual.

Nope, will you believe that Game of thrones was too dark for me? I never made it past the first book or the first episode.. Too cruel, hurts to much and I get too invested in the characters to experience such heartbreak:) Do you watch it?

shota... haha o m g i forgot about it lol gosh, yaoi world is one heck of world man. that's why many of us keep it secret from our real life acquaintances or family haha..

got is a dark story/book/tv show. i get what you feel. since ned stark, i never invested on anyone. i learn my lesson. i watched on & off.. i like watching the battle scenes mostly. the killing parts were not so much of my interest unless it was the characters that i hated haha..

well i'm reading Hidamari ga kikoeru and i like it a lot, it's cute the way the author shows us disability and the story is so sweet yet so sorrowful. I really liked a lot of Enzou works like Fukouchuu no Shiawase, Mother's Spirit and Sayonara itoshi no my friend( this last one is the first yaoi manga i read and the reason why i kept reading them... i think that if i read something weird or twisted maybe now i won't read yaoi manga anymore, so i'm really happy this was my first choice, it's one of my favourite). Katekyo is good too, Okujo Fukei well a lot of them hahahaha

yep, but I'm pretty sure most people have no idea what yaoi is, so I don't hide it too much:D But still not a lot of people know I read such stuff.. And if anybody asks for a recommendation, I recommend 19 days and not Caste Heaven:D Keeping low profile.^^

And I could never see you as a bloodthirsty type.. Rejoicing the death of the enemies!! The more you know.. xD Do you watch Merln by any case? That's much sweeter and more up my alley when it comes to TV shows:) And Mother's Spirit is amazing too:) I agree

I love Hidamari.. It's incredibly cute and sweet! (half a reason why I still haven't finished it xD) And Mother's Spirit.. and pretty much everything you listed:D I actually don't remember if I read Sayonara, Itoshi, so I added it on to-read list just in case:) It's really important to start yaoi with a good one, I agree.. I'm pretty sure if my first manga was by Harada I would never have gotten into the whole yaoi thing, thinking it was for perverts only xD (and now I'm one of them who loves Harada hehe) So it's nice you had a good experience.. Thank you for telling us what you like!:D

i can appreciate more cute stuff! thanks for sharing these w us. it's okay pal. you don't have to be in the dark side of yaoi world if you don't want to :)

haha yeah a hidden side of me :D

is it BBC Merlin? the one w Colin Morgan in it? heck yes! i watched that stuff too. i still remember how long did i take to get over the last episode.. merlin & arthur..such a great combination. probably the only Merlin version i watched & liked ha..

I think I'm going to start my Merlin marathon today.. (merlathon, heh?:D forgive me......) I love love love love the show and the finale is my favorite hour of television period, because it never fails to break my heart and leave an impression:) So yeah, I feel your pain! Surprisingly, I never actually shipped them..The show felt good as it was, no need for fanfiction.. But I'm in minority there:D You enjoy fanfiction, right?

nah, i don't ship them either. i agree w you. the show was too good. no need fanfictions to cover anything :D haha hope you'll enjoy your marathon!

ps: yes, i enjoyed fanfictions v much so :D

yeah it was a lucky beginning, now i don't dislike pervy stuff if there is romance in it xD
it's not that i don't like dark ones, it's just that it's not my genre, i like more romantic and cute ones... but i'm reading a lot of popular twisted ones (maybe the ones that you don't like at all), the only reason i do this is 'cause i wanna see the end of them (will it be twisted like the whole thing or will there be salvation? But when the story falls on the dark side again i ask myself why did i begin this and curse me).

I think I'm going to start my Merlin marathon today.. (merlathon' date=' heh?:D forgive me......) I love love love love the show and the finale is my favorite hour of television period, because it never fails to break my heart and leave an impression:) So yeah, I feel your pain! Surprisingly, I never actually shipped them..The show felt good as it was, no need for fanfiction.. But I'm in minority there:D You enjoy fanfiction, right?[/quote']

Merlin was such a good show on the BBC! I can't believe the last episode either

I really wanted to see a Modern Spinoff to Merlin, like when Arthur is reincarnated and merlin is still there to guide him lol ^^ omg I really liked the last season though.

Not sure if this is the right thread to be talking about merlin though!

Any thread is the right thread to be talking about Merlin!^^

Yep, I still remember how after the show ended there was a serious talk about a movie, a sequel, a spin-off.. It died down quickly, but not before they had gotten our hopes up only to crush them again:(

I agree - the fifth season is arguably the best. I might prefer the fourth one, but even though it's a clear example of a show that only gets better and better with each season:)

24344009.jpg

yes, i need that spinoff.. okay. i'm off topic haha..