My son

MRiceball

"Damn fucking stove!" Ayme snapped having touched the hot pan accidentally as he glared at the stove and sighed his anger slowly dying down.

"Despite language from what I've seen you've adapted well and even when you where not lucid you've proven to know basic safety" A male replied the doctor watching Yukie cook as he sipped his coffee. "Depending on how the rest of the day is you might not need any in home care and can live life normally" He added watching Yukie set out food and organize his medication Ayme being very through about checking the medication the doctor happy with seeing such results.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• MRiceball

Kenta frowned as he got up and pulled on his robe and went down to the kitchen. "Yukie, why didn't you wake me?" he asked even though he still felt exhausted. "Well, you look like you're feeling better. I'm glad. How the cooking going?" he asked as he tried to ignore the odd feelings in his body. He would have to get the surgery schedule soon, he should call them today.

"Yukie is doing quite well" The doctor replied smiling happily at Kenta as he watched Yukie do dishes. "We will be going to get groceries after Yukie gets dressed for the day" The male added wanting to see how well Yukie worked outside of home.

"Other then afew setbacks I can make edible food" Yukie replied setting down a nice plate for Kenta as he smiled a little his eyes black like ravens showing who was currently in charge by eye color. "I worked out a plan for everyone...That way I'm well taken care of" Yukie replied letting Kenta know he was fine proving he was okay.

"Well is it fine if I come along? We usually go shopping together to get it down faster. Though we need to go over the list again to be sure we have everything we need on it," Kenta said as he sat down. "Thank you," he said when the food was set out the smirked and the cooking comment. "Well we both do our best but your mom was the gifted chief out of the three of us," he teased softly to get Yukie to smile or well Raven.

"Actually I prefer this outing to be one Yukie goes on alone. I want to see how he handles being outside of the home and this way we can tell what level of care he will need" The doctor replied with a small smile trying to be polite to Kenta. "Well then Yukie should we go?" the male asked as Yukie nodded coming downstairs all dressed for their special outing.

"Okay but I still say we go over the list again before you do leave. I notice the paper towels were getting low at least," he sighed. "Then are you following at a distance?" he asked not trusting the doctor because of that thing with the nurse when Yukie had been released. "Yukie wait," he said as he stood and hold out the list he had been making. "I think I'm coming down with a cold, could you get these for me?" he asked with a small smile. "And I'm going to be calling to set up that thing today, promise," he said, hoping that would please the boys.

"I will be observing from a safe distance." The doctor replied with a smile grabbing his clipboard. Seeing Yukie stop when Kenta called for him made the doctor write down a few notes as he watched the two.

"I'm more then capable of running errands" Raven replied as he sighed and took the list ready to get the doctor out of the house so he could go back to bed. "I'm glad your going out on a date. I hope for a good outcome when we get back" Raven added not wanting the doctor to ask any more questions then he had already asked as Raven smiled and grabbed his bag heading out with the doctor following five steps behind.

Kenta frowned for a moment and was about to correct Raven, that he was going to have the date for the surgery set up but then they were leaving. He watched them go through out the window. He couldn't help but worry this doctor was going to do things to Raven or the others. "If you exist god, please protect them," he whispered.

About four hours later Gin came back his dark blue eyes looking around for Kenta as he set down the groceries and started putting them away the doctor continuing to watch Yukie. "Would you like to talk about what happened?" The doctor asked softly Gin instantly changing to Yu who sighed his grey eyes looking at the man.

"I don't feel like explaining why I was upset when I started becoming less lucid" Yu added the male looking away as he continued to put away groceries.

"Sometimes its healthy to talk about our fears." The doctor added with a small smile gently trying to see If Yukies outburst's where normal.

"These kinda things are rare for me" Yu mumbled as he sat down and looked at the doctor. "Even with everything that happened I still handled it well." Yu added quite calm and collected for someone who had a mental breakdown and had to be kept in a holding area until calm.

Kenta was laying down when Yukie returned and heard movement and talking for a bit before he was able to get the strength to get up and walked to the kitchen. "Did it go well? I know that the store can be crazy this time of day," he said softly then looked at Yukie. "Did something happen?" he asked, worried at the strained look seemed to have.

"...Yukie became quite emotional when he was out and forgot where he was. He ended up being placed in a holding room until he was calm, I asked the store owner to not involve the police" the doctor explained finishing his notes with a sigh. "Yukie has no real reason to not live on his own. He got through shopping and the trip there without issue it was only towards the end when he had problems" the man added as he packed up his bag. "Either way I find him living on his own to be healthier then having someone dictate his life" the doctor finished setting the certificate down on the table with a small smile. "Keep up with the therapy and you will be able to move out of your father's house next year"

"I'll make sure to keep my appointments" Yukie mumbled clearly still having issues with what happened as he sighed and went to his room to rest. The doctor smiled kindly at Kenta before letting himself out.

Kenta looked at the doctor then chuckled. "What makes you say that? Did you teach him how to balance a checking account? Pay bills? Mentally he has always been able to care for himself. I've always known that he's a smart boy but learning practical skills? He's so stubborn. But I'll try again and maybe he'll listen this time," he said with a smile before he started coughing hard. "I'm fine, sorry. Think there's a cold going around. Yukie. I know you can handle anything you decide to but just remember there's always something to learn," he said with a smile. "And if you have trouble you can always ask for help. I know you can do anything if you put your mind to it," he said softly.

When the doctor left he smiled again at Yukie and sighed. "The surgery is set up for the twenty-ninth. I might need you to drive me home if they let me go home the same day. If there's anything wrong they might hold me overnight."

"Gin will be happy to drive you home" Yu replied his pale blue eyes watching Kenta with a small frown. "I'm sorry...I tried to behave while I was out but, I thought I saw her" Yu explained with a small sigh. "Shes been gone so long that when Yukie thought he saw her he kinda had a mental breakdown" Yu explained a small hand rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "It makes me happy to know your taking such good care of yourself" Yu added before going over to make some tea the male much more mature acting and quite calm.

"Yukie," Kenta whispered before walking over to Yukie and wrapped his arms around him. "I think the same thing. I thought I saw her once when leaving the doctor's office after I got the news," he sighed then stepped back and coughed again. "I'm trying but this cough started, it's stupid. Maybe because I'm so nervous about it I've caught a cold. Is there enough hot water for me to make a cup?"

"Theres enough" Yu replied with a small smile. "Though....I'm Yu...not Yukie" Yu explained getting out another mug as he ushered his father to sit down on a chair. "Yukie isn't as strong as the rest of us so we all pitch in and take care of him....I'm the one who's good at going out on errands and dealing with officials and doctors. Gin is good with socializing and keeping Yukie connected to others. Raven is good with medication and most areas that deal with our heath and basic care. Ayme well I haven't really talked to him so much he seems to be asleep with the others but I think when they need to they will wake up" Yoh explained wanting Kenta to know they where gone taking care of Yukie.

"Sorry I got caught up when you said Yukie got upset and my dad instincts kicked in and I hugged you. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I can't remember if I've gotten a chance to really speak with you before. I'm sorry. I get so confused, there seem to be so many of you."

"There are seven of us" Yu replied smiling gently as he hugged Kenta. "As for hugging the only one that bites is Raven" Yu teased as he prepped the tea and set a mug down in front of his father. "It was Raven that had the breakdown. Expect sullen silence and refusal for anything you ask. He doesn't like that I told you" Yu explained not really afraid of raven.

Kenta smiled softly as he was hugged. "Raven is the one who bites? He didn't bite me," he chuckled. Raven had been the only one he had done anything with, even though Raven was the only one who had gotten off that night he didn't think the boy was so bad. "Thank you for the tea. The doctor told me to try to keep my immunity up till the surgery and I feel like I'm gonna get a cold. Figures right? Luckily the work that needs to be done for the next few weeks can be done at home so I can try to get plenty of rest. Though I don't understand why he would freak out for thinking he saw my wife," he said softly.

"Raven...has this mental issue where it creates the idea that he's the reason she died..." Yoh explained gently a small frown on his face. "He blames himself for her passing and the pain he created for all of us. Sometimes he can fall into a darkness where it's hard to tell if he's still with us" Yoh added gently sipping his tea. While Yoh was glad Kenta was taking time to rest he was worried he would be to concerned about them. "But, we keep him in check and give him good ways to vent and talk about his issues via a diary" Yoh Added lightening the subject.

"But Raven had nothing to do with the accident. None of us had anything to do with that," Kenta said with a frown as he thought about the funeral. "Yukie is not to blame either," he sighed before taking a drink on the tea. "Yoh, tell me about yourself. I'm hoping to get all of you correct eventually," he chuckled. "But I'm glad all of you look out for each other."

"Yukie doesn't blame himself for anything other then disappointing you every now and then" Yoh replied as he played with the edge of his teacup. With a small sigh Yoh looked at Kenta : "what would you like to know?" Yoh asked.

"I should be the one upset for letting him down. Seven years and I can barely get my act together. Seven years of my own secrets," he sighed. "Well I'm not sure, asking about your past won't do much good will it? What sort of things do you like?"

"I like playing the piano. And watching plays and musicals" Yoh replied smiling lightly at Kenta not really use to making friends or discussing interests.

"Really? How did you learn? I know my wife had a keyboard but it was nothing as grand as a piano," he said with a smile. "Which pieces do you enjoy playing? I don't know any certain pieces by name, other then Memory from Cats, and the Phantom of the Opera," he laughed.

"I am self taught thought lately I have been taking classes to increase my skills" Yu explained with a smile enjoying the topic greatly. "As for musical pieces I enjoy paper moon (beautiful piece) it's one of my favorites to play." Yu added brushing a long strand of hair our of his eyes.