Ever Cried reading a Manga

현애

I cry at manga and anime all the time...If its heart wrenching then I usually get quite sad and will cry if I am alone.. Even for yaoi games I cried a bit, Dramatical murder with Clear's route I was bawling terribly. I get emotionally attached to characters I guess...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• misakixusagi

• Hana_Bara

• fatimaah

• Nitro+Chiral_Fan

Crying at a fictional story is normal. I cried a lot, laughed a lot, cringed a lot and fangirling a lot over a fictional stories. It's fine. I just find it shoujo series with high school story about a girl with unrequited feelings for her crush who dated/liked somebody else yet the crush pour his heart on telling the girl about his feelings i find it traumatic the most. Since it resembles my high school life the most and i regretted it a lot.

There was this one yaoi manga, can't recall the name now, but it was amazing and then it had these scenes that just made me cry like a little girl.

~Yes I've cried... a lot

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I have on multiple occasions.

For instance, in second and last volumes of The Demon Ororon.

Also, Naruto, Gravitation just to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...

I once on the verge of tears when I read a oneshot from a manga (can't remember the name tho >__

it's about 2 boys that both fell in love with each other in high school but never have a courage to confess. Then they meet again later after they're all grown up. The first chapter is uke POV while the second chapter is seme POV

I forget the name of the manga, but it's not the main story >__

• 4 months later...

yes i cried for many manga but i cried my heart out for "Our Happy Hours"

its unbelievable , i cried whole time reading last Volume :(

I've cried a river upon reading Watashi-tachi no Shiawase na Jikan~ So much feels~ onion13

Lovely complex made me cry too at some point, it totally reminds me of my high school days~ I was like Koizumi back then xDDD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It really depends on what it is. Manga, not usually...I came close to it while reading 50 Centimeters per Second (?) but not really. I'm a bit of a cold fish it seems, at least as far as manga/books are concerned. I think there were only a small handful of books that made me cry only because I could relate to an aspect of the story or whatever. Ordinarily, the story needs to hit me a certain way. But I remember being home alone and reading out loud to myself....the final couple of chapters of AnK literally had me on the floor balling for hours.

By an large, I get more choked up or emotional watching anime or another movie.

one of the best manga that i've ever read is Acid Town by Kyuugou. i was crying so much. this manga really touch the deepest part of your heart. its so tragic and heart-breaking. especially reiji's past. even my non fujoshi friends get all hooked up on this manga and its a pity that the mangaka updates really slow. i seriously recommend you guys to read it ;____; its soooo good. so so good.

• 2 weeks later...

almost never for oneshots; its hard to really become invested in a character in such a small amount of space (usually 16-50 pages).

rarely for single volumes; crying out love in the center of the world is the only one that comes to mind. so for yaoi i usually get a bit misty-eyed and move on.

its easier to get emotional when there are several volumes but even then i mostly cry when i get blind-sided, like what happened to Kiyomaro towards the end of Konjiki no Gash Bell, or ace in one piece, or L in deathnote.

as for crying with Asian dramas, well, they're designed to yank on your emotions. even the ones labeled as comedy have tear-jerker moments. it would be better to ask what dramas have you watched that didn't make you cry?

Mars, the rose (bara no tame ni), and absolute boyfriend are all manga that have been turned into dramas and both sets made me bawl at one point or another. the rose had me bawling in the first chapter/episode with the letter from her grandmother.

I never take it well when the main character died at the ending of the story (or maybe in the middle of it). Especially if I spend a lot of time waiting for a new chapter every week... gosh that is just pure torture for my heart!

The one series to make me cry was Complex by Manga Rundo, which is her only work published. It is from the 1980s /1990s so it may seem a bit dated; however, it remains of the most emotional manga's I have ever read.

• 2 weeks later...

A whole lot, especially if the manga pulled strings of my heart. It's especially hard to cry at night since people are sleeping - but the urge to wail over a dramatic and/or touching scene is just too much that I sob silently and choke in my tears. xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really remember, but I guess not. I know I've been close a few times, but I don't recall actual tears.

... Damn, I really can't remember, I know I've read some emotional, sad works that hit me right in my weaknesses, but they just don't come back to me right now.